PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question re Resale of Tickets

luv
06-03-2021, 01:36 PM
I've only ever put our season tickets up for sale on Ticketmaster. They charge both the buyer and the seller 10% of the ticket value. I thought about looking for other sites, but I have a few questions.

What sites are popular?
How does the process work with the tickets being held by Ticketmaster?
How much to they charge?

Monty
06-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Great question, but I've had good luck selling my tix via TM versus other sites I've used in the past.

Side note: The preseason game against the Vikes just sold yesterday for full price! This is the Mahomes effect for sure as I couldn't give them away before he arrived.

luv
06-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Great question, but I've had good luck selling my tix via TM versus other sites I've used in the past.

Side note: The preseason game against the Vikes just sold yesterday for full price! This is the Mahomes effect for sure as I couldn't give them away before he arrived.

We sold ours for $30 each. I think they're listed at $36 each. I didn't figure people would pay for upper level, but they went super quick.

Monty
06-03-2021, 02:12 PM
We sold ours for $30 each. I think they're listed at $36 each. I didn't figure people would pay for upper level, but they went super quick.

Excellent! Only 10 more years of selling preseason tix and we may recoup the losses from the preseason tix that didn't sell in the past. ROFL

BigRock
06-03-2021, 04:01 PM
I'd probably stick with Ticketmaster for season tickets. Although now because of covid you aren't getting your seller money until after the game so there's not a situation where TM paid out on games that don't happen. I don't know what the policy is on that with other sites.

cosmo20002
06-03-2021, 05:39 PM
I've only ever put our season tickets up for sale on Ticketmaster. They charge both the buyer and the seller 10% of the ticket value. I thought about looking for other sites, but I have a few questions.

What sites are popular?
How does the process work with the tickets being held by Ticketmaster?
How much to they charge?

Ticketmaster charges the buyer more than 10%.

Stubhub is the only other site I've used to sell. They also charge the seller 10%. It's kind of a pain to list there because you have to enter a bar code for each ticket. With the NFL site, you just click sell and it is basically done.

I guess there's a few other places to sell, but I can't imagine they get the traffic that Stubhub or the NFL/Ticketmaster does, so I haven't really looked into them.

Jewish Rabbi
06-03-2021, 06:14 PM
I’d say the best site for selling tickets is www.meatspin.com in my experience.

Titty Meat
06-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Give them to me sweetheart I'll make a mother fucker cough up a few hundred for them

tyecopeland
06-03-2021, 07:13 PM
Can't tell you anything from a sellers perspective but in the past I have bought chiefs tickets through seat geek, vivid seats and at least one other website I can't remember now. I likely bought from them because of cheaper tickets but IIRC the buyers fees were lower too.

Eureka
06-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Sold some Raider games on Ticketmaster. It was easy and unless you really know the person it's not worth taking the risk to side skirt the fees or deal with other sites.

I would think KC tickets are in demand. My KC tickets sold for quite a bit.

buckb
06-04-2021, 08:20 AM
Is anyone selling Chiefs season tickets? I am looking for a good lower level set. Where can I buy them besides the chiefs office?

ClearmontChief
06-04-2021, 08:30 AM
I sold my seats for the Cowboys game via word of mouth. Seats in my area were around $800 per! Advertised on Facebook! Sold to a Chiefs fan.

Looking to sell Steelers game too, same range.

luv
06-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Is anyone selling Chiefs season tickets? I am looking for a good lower level set. Where can I buy them besides the chiefs office?

Pretty sure you need to purchase them through the Chiefs office. Anyone who buys season tickets and wants to dump them isn't going to do it at or below cost whenever they can get at least double their money back by selling single games.

Also, probably not a good idea to put your phone number on an internet BB.

buckb
06-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Sorry, dont have a home number. Who pays for that these days anyway? I would recommend not having a Home Number.

Yes, Chiefs office has some. I have bought from season ticket holders in the past and paid a premium. No worries. I got $$$. Just cant afford a Home Number.

luv
06-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Sorry, dont have a home number. Who pays for that these days anyway? I would recommend not having a Home Number.

Yes, Chiefs office has some. I have bought from season ticket holders in the past and paid a premium. No worries. I got $$$. Just cant afford a Home Number.

Dude. You literally posted saying to text a number. You went back and deleted it. What country are you in?

buckb
06-04-2021, 10:08 AM
Who said I was a 'dude'?

DaFace
06-04-2021, 10:46 AM
Who said I was a 'dude'?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ktCzb8Rm8aoow/giphy.gif

D.A.P.
06-04-2021, 02:46 PM
The dude abides.

Spott
06-04-2021, 02:54 PM
Those tickets really tied the room together.