PDA

View Full Version : Science US intelligence community releases long-awaited UFO report

Donger
06-25-2021, 03:58 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/politics/ufo-report-pentagon-odni/index.html

Washington (CNN)The US intelligence community on Friday released its long-awaited report on what it knows about a series of mysterious flying objects that have been seen moving through restricted military airspace over the last several decades.

In short, the answer, according to Friday's report, is very little, but the intelligence community's release of the unclassified document marks one of the first times the US government has publicly acknowledged that these strange aerial sightings by Navy pilots and others are worthy of legitimate scrutiny.

"The limited amount of high-quality reporting on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) hampers our ability to draw firm conclusions about the nature or intent of UAP," the nine-page preliminary report says, using the Pentagon's terminology for UFOs.

But despite that challenge, the report does conclude that these objects "clearly pose a safety of flight issue and may pose a challenge to US national security.

"Safety concerns primarily center on aviators contending with an increasingly cluttered air domain. UAP would also represent a national security challenge if they are foreign adversary collection platforms or provide evidence a potential adversary has developed either a breakthrough or disruptive technology," it says.

The report examined 144 reports of what the government terms "unidentified aerial phenomenon" — only one of which investigators were able to explain by the end of the study. Investigators found no evidence that the sightings represented either extraterrestrial life or a major technological advancement by a foreign adversary like Russia or China, but acknowledge that is a possible explanation.

"We were able to identify one reported UAP with high confidence. In that case, we identified the object as a large, deflating balloon. The others remain unexplained," the report says.

"Of the 144 reports we are dealing with here, we have no clear indications that there is any non-terrestrial explanation for them — but we will go wherever the data takes us," a senior US official said.

But investigators were also convinced that the majority of the sightings were "physical objects," the official told reporters on Friday.

"We absolutely do believe what we're seeing are not simply sensor artifacts. These are things that physically exist," the official said, noting that 80 of the reported incidents included data from multiple sensors. In 11 cases, pilots reported a "near-miss" collision with these strange objects.

Investigators were particularly stymied by a limited number of incidents where UFOs reportedly appeared to exhibit "unusual flight characteristics," according to the report, which notes these observations "could be the result of sensor errors, spoofing, or observer misperception and require additional rigorous analysis."

"Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion. In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings," it says.

Report follows years of infighting

After years of Washington infighting, including bureaucratic battles within the Pentagon and pressure from certain members of Congress, the US government finally appears to be taking seriously what has for so long been considered a fringe issue.

For lawmakers and intelligence and military personnel working on unexplained aerial phenomena, the bigger concern with the episodes is not that alien life is visiting earth, but rather that a foreign adversary like Russia or China might be fielding some kind of next-generation technology in American airspace that the United States doesn't know about.

That is one of the reasons this unclassified report will likely disappoint UFO-ologists who had hoped it might offer definitive proof the US government has made contact with extraterrestrial life.

"For years, the men and women we trust to defend our country reported encounters with unidentified aircraft that had superior capabilities, and for years their concerns were often ignored and ridiculed," Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, the Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement on Friday. "This report is an important first step in cataloging these incidents, but it is just a first step. The Defense Department and Intelligence Community have a lot of work to do before we can actually understand whether these aerial threats present a serious national security concern."

If the sightings were the result of Chinese or Russian technology -- either some kind of unknown aircraft or a technology system that can spoof US radar and other surveillance and reconnaissance systems -- the intelligence community would not want to reveal what it does and doesn't know.

"They're very sensitive to, if this is an adversary, you want to be really careful about saying, 'we know this and we don't know that,'" said Rep. Jim Himes, a Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee who received a briefing on the matter from Navy and FBI officials last week.

"The report is going to be a little unsatisfying for that reason and that reason alone," he said.

Still, the fact that the intelligence community is producing reports on what the Pentagon has labeled UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon) is itself extraordinary, as CNN has previously reported.

Even as sightings of unexplainable objects rose into the hundreds, Pentagon officials wrestled with how much time and resources to devote to investigating them.

Most of the 144 sightings covered in the report were recorded by US Navy pilots, although there were some reports from other US government sources — a clear "reporting bias" in the data set investigators examined, the US official said.

Investigators tried to categorize the 144 sightings into five categories: airborne clutter, like birds or weather balloons, natural atmospheric phenomena, US government or industry developmental programs, foreign adversary systems, and an alluring catchall: "Other."

"There is a wide range of phenomena that we observed that we ultimately put into the UAP category," the official said. "There is not one single explanation of UAP."

But in the 143 unexplained cases investigators simply lacked the necessary data to categorize the sighting. Some reports included no technical data at all for engineers to examine, but rather were solely verbal recollections by pilots.
The report does not include any additional videos or UFO sightings.

Report raises more questions than answers

Congressional sources who have seen the classified version of the report have already expressed disappointment there's not more of an explanation to the episodes, saying that the report raises more questions than it answers.

Previous interviews with a half-dozen officials as well as documents reviewed by CNN depict a US military and intelligence community that's struggled over how to remove the issue from the realm of science fiction and consider its actual national security implications.

Even now, multiple sources told CNN, the government almost certainly wouldn't have moved to produce the report without public pressure from key lawmakers, as both Republicans and Democrats have taken an interest in the matter.

While former senior defense officials with knowledge of the most recent iteration of the department's investigations say the Pentagon took it seriously, some pilots and former officials tasked with investigating the matter say senior Pentagon leaders downplayed or ignored the threat.

Erasing the stigma surrounding a serious discussion of UFOs was also the goal for lawmakers in 2020 when they passed legislation requiring the Pentagon and intelligence community to provide more information about these UFO encounters, details that have, until recently, largely remained shrouded in secrecy.

Requiring production of the upcoming UFO report was also one way lawmakers have signaled that they intend to use their oversight authority to ensure coordination among the agencies involved, sources told CNN last month.

"One of the functions of a course like this is that it forces actual coordination within the agencies and makes clear that Congress is actually serious about its oversight function and that there's going to be increased scrutiny along the way," a congressional aide said at the time. "Some of it is a product of getting the agencies to take the issue more seriously and trying to help get rid of the stigma surrounding it."

Bugeater
06-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Tl;dr....weather balloons

DaFace
06-25-2021, 04:01 PM
Tl;dr....weather balloonshttps://c.tenor.com/_U_-IqAgyHYAAAAM/aliens-history.gif

Donger
06-25-2021, 04:03 PM
Tl;dr....weather balloons

Actually...

"We were able to identify one reported UAP with high confidence. In that case, we identified the object as a large, deflating balloon. The others remain unexplained," the report says.

SuperBowl4
06-25-2021, 04:07 PM
Bring on THE FAKE ALIEN INVASION

Sorry
06-25-2021, 04:11 PM
Unless it's a black project within a black project, it's hard for me to imagine this tech. is from china/russia and they've had this type of tech. since the '50s * even tho sightings have been talked about for way longer than that*

The important thing out of all of this is that now this subject is mainstream and not just conspiracy or "alien probed my ass, you gotta believe me!"

next 5-10 years is gonna be fun.

PAChiefsGuy
06-25-2021, 04:23 PM
It's advanced technology being tested by the Russians and Chinese more than likely.

smithandrew051
06-25-2021, 04:31 PM
It’s just Mahomes getting his arm stretched out for the season

mr. tegu
06-25-2021, 04:33 PM
So they confirm the majority are objects that actually exist. That’s actually pretty big given the abilities of some of these things. Nothing here to dampen my belief they are aliens or alien in nature.

Sorry
06-25-2021, 04:43 PM
It's advanced technology being tested by the Russians and Chinese more than likely.

Doubt it with Chinese still using stolen IP from our military to make their planes...

notorious
The object observed February 2nd of last year which was traveling at an impossible speed was just my load exiting the atmosphere.

theoldcoach
Is this the precursor to an increased and expanded round of ass probings?

siberian khatru
06-25-2021, 04:45 PM
Is this the precursor to an increased and expanded round of ass probings?

Billay hopes so

Rain Man
My money is on recon missions by a James Bond-type villain who is based in an ocean-bottom lair under the north pole.

Donger
Nothing here to dampen my belief they are aliens or alien in nature.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/886f4b1f88fea641671773e9bed391c7/tenor.gif?itemid=4907279

Titty Meat
06-25-2021, 04:46 PM
TLDR LIBERALS

prhom
06-25-2021, 06:16 PM
My neighbor was out this morning with his new binoculars looking for UFOs. He says he sees them all the time and bought the binoculars so he can get proof. Apparently these binoculars can record video. I didn’t realize there was such a thing. I was more intrigued by the binoculars than the UFOs.

Peter Gibbons
06-25-2021, 06:24 PM
This is good news. I need to track down an old college girlfriend who promised to let me do certain things to her only after aliens came to earth. My luck, she’ll probably welch now just because she’s married and hates me.

Fish
06-25-2021, 06:31 PM
This is good news. I need to track down an old college girlfriend who promised to let me do certain things to her only after aliens came to earth. My luck, she’ll probably welch now just because she’s married and hates me.

https://i.imgur.com/aiOvVoF.jpg

cripple creek
06-25-2021, 06:43 PM
My money is on recon missions by a James Bond-type villain who is based in an ocean-bottom lair under the north pole.

close but it'd be th south pole. alien bases there since WWII

Spott
06-25-2021, 06:56 PM
My neighbor was out this morning with his new binoculars looking for UFOs. He says he sees them all the time and bought the binoculars so he can get proof. Apparently these binoculars can record video. I didn’t realize there was such a thing. I was more intrigued by the binoculars than the UFOs.

Those binoculars do sound pretty cool.

Easy 6
06-25-2021, 07:35 PM
There are intelligences here from other realms, get used to it... trust me

mr. tegu
06-25-2021, 07:51 PM

Did you get recordings on your binoculars?

PAChiefsGuy
06-25-2021, 08:03 PM
Report isn't saying anything we don't already know. Nothing to see here. It proves nothing. Conspiracy theorists will make a big deal out of nothing as usual.

loochy
06-25-2021, 08:09 PM
Report isn't saying anything we don't already know. Nothing to see here. It proves nothing. Conspiracy theorists will make a big deal out of nothing as usual.

Exactly. We saw some stuff and we don't know what it is. Therefore, aliens.

mr. tegu
06-25-2021, 08:28 PM

https://publish-01.obsidian.md/access/5315df45eefe07851707b79757911356/Public/SkeletalBronzeAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Rainbarrel
06-25-2021, 09:10 PM
They watch the skies hoping to see d flying saucers followed by the flying d cups.

Megatron96
06-25-2021, 11:14 PM

Moron.

Who is "we"?

You wouldn't know pussy if it waked up and slapped you in the face. However, that isn't proof that humans are asexual.

The people that reported these sightings aren't as incompetent as you. they are Navy aviators, some with hundreds of combat flight hours. They would know the difference between your sister's twat and any modern combat aircraft.

Btw, anyone else think it's relevant that the government report went out of their way to pretend that there weren't multiple sensor array recordings from multiple simultaneous advanced military IFF systems for all of these incidents? No?

prhom
06-25-2021, 11:28 PM
Those binoculars do sound pretty cool.

Yes, and I forgot to add they have night vision capabilities too. You can find them on Amazon for about $150-$250. I’m really tempted to get these to look for animals at night. What a time to be alive. Technology from Bond movies available for so cheap and Prime eligible!

ThyKingdomCome15
06-25-2021, 11:29 PM
Blahhhh

kccrow
06-26-2021, 01:17 AM
What a report.......

We really progressed on the issue.

eDave
06-26-2021, 04:48 AM
So they confirm the majority are objects that actually exist. That’s actually pretty big given the abilities of some of these things. Nothing here to dampen my belief they are aliens or alien in nature.

That's my biggest take away. These things are real and they are super advanced. Pretty incredible. Let's hope they are ours (USA).

keg in kc
06-26-2021, 07:24 AM
That's my biggest take away. These things are real and they are super advanced. Pretty incredible. Let's hope they are ours (USA).Mistake #1 as far as public and media reaction right now is acting like this is a new phenomena. It's been studied since at least the 1950s. It wasn't our technology then and it isn't our technology now. It isn't Russia, because they don't have the budget to remain even remotely competitive on the world stage, much less leap forward. It isn't China, because they don't innovate; they steal. The question now remains what it's ever been: what the fūck is it? And the answer seems to be "I dunno". If it's even a real thing and this entire report isn't just intelligence hoodoo to distract and confuse from who knows what else.

BigRedChief
06-26-2021, 07:42 AM

Doubt it with Chinese still using stolen IP from our military to make their planes...We know its not the Russians or Chinese. We hack and espionage them too. No way in hell they could keep something on this scale from us. That said, it could POSSIBLY be them, but we would know its them. And the USA certainty wouldn't admit we know.

Rausch
06-26-2021, 08:42 AM
What a report.......

We really progressed on the issue.

If I were to push the ATF and tell them they must report on a SAP project dealing with our latest missile technology it would probably look a lot like this. When you outsource something to a private company they aren't obligated to share information on what they're working on like the government is. That's why it's done.

When you want to know the super top secret stuff the government is working on you don't go through the government because most of it probably doesn't know. Elon Musk, Gates, and the billionaires club are more likely to know because their companies are working on it. Sure, eventually top pilots will test whatever Skunkworks finalizes down to it's top couple offerings for testing but even then things are so compartmentalized your average Joe Blue or Joe Red senator won't know much about it either...

loochy
06-26-2021, 09:16 AM
Moron.

Who is "we"?

You wouldn't know pussy if it waked up and slapped you in the face. However, that isn't proof that humans are asexual.

The people that reported these sightings aren't as incompetent as you. they are Navy aviators, some with hundreds of combat flight hours. They would know the difference between your sister's twat and any modern combat aircraft.

Btw, anyone else think it's relevant that the government report went out of their way to pretend that there weren't multiple sensor array recordings from multiple simultaneous advanced military IFF systems for all of these incidents? No?

So you're saying they don't know what it is?

Therefore, aliens.

Also, why are you so hostile? Jeez man...

Bowser
06-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Endaround Ex Machina

Spott
06-26-2021, 10:09 AM
Moron.

Who is "we"?

So what you’re saying is there’s no such thing as UFO’s?

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2021, 04:09 PM
Mistake #1 as far as public and media reaction right now is acting like this is a new phenomena. It's been studied since at least the 1950s. It wasn't our technology then and it isn't our technology now. It isn't Russia, because they don't have the budget to remain even remotely competitive on the world stage, much less leap forward. It isn't China, because they don't innovate; they steal. The question now remains what it's ever been: what the fūck is it? And the answer seems to be "I dunno". If it's even a real thing and this entire report isn't just intelligence hoodoo to distract and confuse from who knows what else.

As an American, you have to hope it's either:

1) US tech
2) Alien Tech

ClevelandBronco
06-26-2021, 04:27 PM
Did they serve fries with this nothingburger?

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2021, 05:05 PM
Big shock. Non denial denial.

Easy 6
06-26-2021, 05:22 PM
As an American, you have to hope it's either:

1) US tech
2) Alien Tech

I once got the strong impression that what I was witnessing was actually Col Steve Austin

But until someone can explain how 99% these craft are pulling G forces and maneuvers that would turn a man into hamburger, you can't convince anyone paying attention that its human beings inside them

My uncle Robert Campbell was a Korean War fighter pilot, and later a Lt Col in the Montana Air Guard at Malmstrom AFB when "they" flew over the entire area completely shutting down our nuclear silos in 67... sometimes even putting them into launch sequence before shutting them back down

I remember him telling that story as a kid like it was 5 minutes ago, and he was serious as a heart attack around the dinner table that night

If China or Russia could've pulled that off back then, the US wouldn't even exist today

Tribal Warfare
06-26-2021, 05:29 PM
I once got the strong impression that what I was witnessing was actually Col Steve Austin

But until someone can explain how 99% these craft are pulling G forces and maneuvers that would turn a man into hamburger, you can't convince anyone paying attention that its human beings inside them

My uncle Robert Campbell was a Korean War fighter pilot, and later a Lt Col in the Montana Air Guard at Malmstrom AFB when "they" flew over the entire area completely shutting down our nuclear silos in 67... sometimes even putting them into launch sequence before shutting them back down

I remember him telling that story as a kid like it was 5 minutes ago, and he was serious as a heart attack around the dinner table that night

If China or Russia could've pulled that off back then, the US wouldn't even exist today

Organisms aren't flying it's there variation of drones IF it is real. IMO, it's DARPA that were caught offguard with field tests

Easy 6
06-26-2021, 05:37 PM
k :thumb:

JD10367
06-26-2021, 06:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WS93LMcRGRk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peter Gibbons
06-26-2021, 07:45 PM
You can be DeSean Watson hopes this is alien. He is excited by the prospect of more frequent anal probing.

dlphg9
06-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Everything our gov knows about UFOs isn't in this report, because if it was there would be mass hysteria. These crafts are being controlled by beings from another dimension and the tech is incomprehensible.

Fish
06-27-2021, 09:21 AM
Everything our gov knows about UFOs isn't in this report, because if it was there would be mass hysteria. These crafts are being controlled by beings from another dimension and the tech is incomprehensible.

https://i.gifer.com/7U5u.gif

Donger
06-27-2021, 09:30 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pd56CIFSMI4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jdubya
06-27-2021, 11:18 AM
Why does every photo I see of Bigfoot and UFOs look like it was taken by a camera in 1888 when cameras today seem to be able to read a newspaper from 1000 yards?

loochy
06-27-2021, 11:23 AM
Why does every photo I see of Bigfoot and UFOs look like it was taken by a camera in 1888 when cameras today seem to be able to read a newspaper from 1000 yards?

Because it's aliens.

JohnnyHammersticks
06-27-2021, 11:41 AM
You can be DeSean Watson hopes this is alien. He is excited by the prospect of more frequent anal probing.

His favorite local spa is Uranus Massage in River Oaks.

gblowfish
06-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Did they get pics of the Jewish Space Lasers?

Easy 6
06-27-2021, 01:45 PM

In my experience the best most realistic UFO pics aren't perfectly clear, they're a bit hazy and out of focus looking... most likely due to the propulsion system/magnetic field surrounding them

Cntrygal
06-27-2021, 02:12 PM
Bring on THE FAKE ALIEN INVASION

Fake?

Dammit. :banghead:

I think, at this point, the invasion is our last hope.

Brody Wa
06-27-2021, 05:21 PM
The funniest scene in The Men in Black is when the clerk at Video store asks Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones,”What’s the deal with Alien anal probing? Do aliens really travel 1000s of light years away to get their rectum examined? On a side note, those aren’t the exact words.

Rain Man
06-27-2021, 06:15 PM

Maybe the aliens are from the past and create a bubble of past-time around them.

jdubya
06-27-2021, 08:06 PM
Maybe the aliens are from the past and create a bubble of past-time around them.

Hmmmmm

https://media.tenor.com/images/9076621acf264e9793bbf834d1a89374/tenor.gif

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2021, 08:11 PM

Time doesn't exist. It's like color - it's a creation of the human brain.

Beef Supreme
06-27-2021, 08:20 PM
Dear aliens,

Whatever you are looking for to save you and your dying planet is not in my ass.

Thanks.

Bowser
06-28-2021, 10:41 AM

Clearly you just need an apple to fall on your head.

;)

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 10:54 AM
Clearly you just need an apple to fall on your head.

;)

Yeah, Newton had some interesting ideas about time but those included the physics of the day and not what physicists have learned since. "Time" only moves forward and since time doesn't actually exist, no one can move "back in time".

Here's a real mind blower: The universe could have been created 5 seconds ago; every experience that you think you've experienced was actually implanted in your brain.

LiveSteam
06-28-2021, 10:59 AM
My situation.

That explains an awful lot.

Bowser
06-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Newton had some interesting ideas about time but those included the physics of the day and not what physicists have learned since. "Time" only moves forward and since time doesn't actually exist, no one can move "back in time".

Here's a real mind blower: The universe could have been created 5 seconds ago; every experience that you think you've experienced was actually implanted in your brain.

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/aback.gif

I am clearly not ready for this type of discussion on a Monday. LMAO

ptlyon
06-28-2021, 11:22 AM

Yeah, tell that to my boss

AdolfOliverBush
06-28-2021, 11:42 AM

There are two types of time: The time that you're referring to is a human creation. Hours, minutes, etc.

The other type of time is part of the "fabric" of the universe, and is very real.

Or so my Carl Sagan books say.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 11:54 AM
There are two types of time: The time that you're referring to is a human creation. Hours, minutes, etc.

The other type of time is part of the "fabric" of the universe, and is very real.

Or so my Carl Sagan books say.

I've read every Carl Sagan book but don't recall Sagan mentioned that time is real. Here's a Sagan quote about time in which he has difficult actually expressing the definition of time:

----

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/sagan.html

NOVA: Let's start with the crux of the matter. What for you is time?

Sagan: Ever since St. Augustine, people have wrestled with this, and there are all sorts of things it isn't. It isn't a flow of something, because what does it flow past? We use time to measure flow. How could we use time to measure time? We are stuck in it, each of us time travels into the future, one year, every year. None of us to any significant precision does otherwise. If we could travel close to the speed of light, then we could travel further into the future in a given amount of time. It is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition.

NOVA: Do you think that backwards time travel will ever be possible?

Sagan: Such questions are purely a matter of evidence, and if the evidence is inconsistent or insufficient, then we withhold judgment until there is better evidence. Right now we're in one of those classic, wonderfully evocative moments in science when we don't know, when there are those on both sides of the debate, and when what is at stake is very mystifying and very profound.

If we could travel into the past, it's mind-boggling what would be possible. For one thing, history would become an experimental science, which it certainly isn't today. The possible insights into our own past and nature and origins would be dazzling. For another, we would be facing the deep paradoxes of interfering with the scheme of causality that has led to our own time and ourselves. I have no idea whether it's possible, but it's certainly worth exploring.

NOVA: Would you like it to be possible?

Sagan: I have mixed feelings. The explorer and experimentalist in me would very much like it to be possible. But the idea that going into the past could wipe me out so that I would have never lived is somewhat disquieting.

----
Sagan also goes on to say that if Time Travel was real, our time would be flooded with Time Travelers from the future, something that hasn't happened to date.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Yeah, tell that to my boss

Well, "Time" is a human construct, much like color, which also do not exist, so I can see that as a tough sell to your employer.

:D

Color is also a construct of the human brain, which is why some people can look at a certain color and see it one way whereas another person can see the color differently.

That old "dress" test that was all over the internet is a perfect example. Some people see one color, some people see another color. The reason being is that the human brain is creating color that doesn't actually exist in the physical world, leaving room for interpretation.

Everything in the universe is black and white, which would be extremely boring without our brains to interpret and assign color.

stevieray
06-28-2021, 12:07 PM
LMAO

Past, present, future.

Hue, tint, shade, brightness.

ClevelandBronco
06-28-2021, 02:49 PM
Weed consumption on CP must be increasing.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-28-2021, 07:10 PM
So, having blue balls is just a figment of imagination!

stanleychief
06-28-2021, 08:21 PM
Color is also a construct of the human brain, which is why some people can look at a certain color and see it one way whereas another person can see the color differently.

That old "dress" test that was all over the internet is a perfect example. Some people see one color, some people see another color. The reason being is that the human brain is creating color that doesn't actually exist in the physical world, leaving room for interpretation.

Everything in the universe is black and white, which would be extremely boring without our brains to interpret and assign color.

While color may be perceived differently by the brain of one individual vs another, colors are also defined by wavelength. The color red is generally considered to occupy a portion of the light spectrum between 625 and 700nm. We are able to measure the frequency of light and assign it a color. For instance, a helium-neon laser emits a red beam (632.8nm) which can be precisely measured.

To say that color is merely a construct of the human brain would be incorrect. Colors exist as labels (albeit created by humans) assigned to specific ranges of the visible light spectrum. These segments of the spectrum exist regardless of the assignment of labels.

eDave
06-28-2021, 08:24 PM

And you know this, how?

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 09:06 PM
While color may be perceived differently by the brain of one individual vs another, colors are also defined by wavelength. The color red is generally considered to occupy a portion of the light spectrum between 625 and 700nm. We are able to measure the frequency of light and assign it a color. For instance, a helium-neon laser emits a red beam (632.8nm) which can be precisely measured.

To say that color is merely a construct of the human brain would be incorrect. Colors exist as labels (albeit created by humans) assigned to specific ranges of the visible light spectrum. These segments of the spectrum exist regardless of the assignment of labels.

False. Completely false. I'm not going to link you to a million articles by physicists stating that color does not exist but I will link a few.

Color does not exist.

-

That dress isn’t blue or gold because color doesn’t exist

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/that-dress-isnt-blue-or-gold-because-color-doesnt-exist

Illusory Color & the Brain

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/illusory-color-andamp-the-brain-2008-05/

Color is a sensation created in the brain. If the colors we perceived depended only on the wavelength of reflected light, an object’s color would appear to change dramatically with variations in illumination throughout the day and in shadows. Instead patterns of activity in the brain render an object’s color relatively stable despite changes in its environment.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-28-2021, 09:23 PM
I produced a green turd yesterday. Or so I thought.

Bearcat
06-28-2021, 09:53 PM
False. Completely false. I'm not going to link you to a million articles by physicists stating that color does not exist but I will link a few.

Color does not exist.

-

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/that-dress-isnt-blue-or-gold-because-color-doesnt-exist

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/illusory-color-andamp-the-brain-2008-05/

Color is a sensation created in the brain. If the colors we perceived depended only on the wavelength of reflected light, an object’s color would appear to change dramatically with variations in illumination throughout the day and in shadows. Instead patterns of activity in the brain render an object’s color relatively stable despite changes in its environment.

Well, "Time" is a human construct, much like color, which also do not exist, so I can see that as a tough sell to your employer.

:D

Interesting theory that i hadn't read to that extent before.

My first thought was how some people theorize that time doesn't exist, before seeing you already hit on that point in the previous post.... I guess it becomes a 'perception is reality' argument, because it doesn't matter of humans invented time when that's literally how we experience the world.

And I think it's the same with color.... my mind goes to how the brain would learn patterns and say, three animals that look exactly the same, but one is a black horse and one is a brown horse and one is a zebra. There are obviously difference between those three things, so is it just that the zebra is actually black and white, while the horse is a shade of gray that our brains call brown..... but, then what about that shade of gray, how and when is it just gray?

The other thought is along the lines of the brain processing sound.... someone who gets a cochlear implant and hears for the first time at 30 won't understand anything they're hearing, because their brain hasn't ever heard it before. Someone in that situation still heavily relies on sign language and lip reading.

So, at 30k feet/not a vision or hearing expert, but if your brain is making up color as it goes, I'd think we would have far more problems than the occasional optical illusion...... if I grew up in an area where the trees are always green, then for the first time at 30 years old went to New England in the fall, how the hell would my brain process the same colors as everyone else, if color doesn't exist? There has to be some difference, as it wouldn't be a 'learned' thing that you're looking at a leaf and you've only ever seen green leaves... yet, you would most likely see the same color as everyone else.

Just rambling though... I'll have to read up on it and wrap my head around it some more.

Fish
06-28-2021, 09:59 PM

Color does not exist.

-

He's not completely false. Neither of you are really wrong. Here's a good description I've found...

Colors exist in very much the same way that art and love exist. They can be perceived, and other people will generally understand you if you talk about them, but they don’t really exist in an “out in the world” kind of way. Although you can make up objective definitions that make things like “green”, “art”, and “love” more real, the definitions are pretty ad-hoc. Respectively: “green” is light with a wavelength between 520 and 570 nm, “art” is portraits of Elvis on black velvet, and “love” is the smell of napalm in the morning.

But these kinds of definitions merely correspond to the experience of those things, as opposed to actually being those things. There is certainly a set of wavelengths of light that most people in the world would agree is “red”. However, that doesn’t mean that the light itself is red, it just means that a Human brain equipped with Human eyes will label it as red.

Point is, light comes in a lot of different wavelengths, but which wavelengths correspond to which color, or which can even be seen, depends entirely on the eyes of the creature doing the looking, and not really on any property of the light itself. There isn’t any objective “real” color in the world. The coloring of the rainbow is nothing more than a shared (reliable, consistent, and kick-ass) illusion.

https://www.askamathematician.com/2012/06/q-do-colors-exist/

Bearcat
06-28-2021, 10:08 PM
He's not completely false. Neither of you are really wrong. Here's a good description I've found...

Yeah, that's how I took "color doesn't exist"... as more philosophical.

It doesn't matter what we call any given color or that we even call them colors... but, the differences exist and our brain interprets those differences.

Similar to the 'time doesn't exist' argument... doesn't matter if a clock exists in the world or we name it 'time' or something else, or really even if there are aliens or higher being capable of seeing events all at once.... the events happen in a sequence, even if some alien out there sees you at 10 and 45 at the same instant and is like WTF happened there.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 10:24 PM

Yeah, that's how I took "color doesn't exist"... as more philosophical.

Well, it's a construct of the human mind. No other mammals, sea animals or insects, see in color.

Similar to the 'time doesn't exist' argument... doesn't matter if a clock exists in the world or we name it 'time' or something else, or really even if there are aliens or higher being capable of seeing events all at once.... the events happen in a sequence, even if some alien out there sees you at 10 and 45 at the same instant and is like WTF happened there.

Time is a construct of the human mind as well. It's based on the rotation of the earth to the sun and not on actual physical properties in the universe.

It would be impossible to travel "back in time" because time doesn't exist. We can move forward in time (aging) but we can't go back 5 minutes or 500 years.

Humans are also the only creatures on Earth that know they have an expiration date.

BWillie
06-28-2021, 10:27 PM
I have never witnessed anything that cannot be explained. There are no aliens flying around. There are definitely aliens or extraterrestrial AI somewhere in the Universe but they definitely are not on Earth. Interstellar travel is simply too difficult for organic life forms. The only aliens we likely would ever encounter would be a type of AI.

Fish
06-28-2021, 10:38 PM
Well, it's a construct of the human mind. No other mammals, sea animals or insects, see in color.

Wait, what? I'm not sure what you mean. There are many animals that can see parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that exceed everything the human eye can see. There's a big difference between the way the human brain sees what we interpret as color, and the way the brain of a mantis shrimp perceives color. But both species can perceive between different wavelengths of light compared to others.

DaneMcCloud
06-28-2021, 10:40 PM
Wait, what? I'm not sure what you mean. There are many animals that can see parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that exceed everything the human eye can see. There's a big difference between the way the human brain sees what we interpret as color, and the way the brain of a mantis shrimp perceives color. But both species can perceive between different wavelengths of light compared to others.

Right, they can see the spectrum but they can't perceive color as the human brain perceives it.

When I was young, I remember people always saying that dogs can only see in a black and white, but I never understood the reason until much later.

People who are color blind get along just fine, although that must be a bit of a bummer.

Fish
06-28-2021, 10:46 PM
Time is a construct of the human mind as well. It's based on the rotation of the earth to the sun and not on actual physical properties in the universe.

It would be impossible to travel "back in time" because time doesn't exist. We can move forward in time (aging) but we can't go back 5 minutes or 500 years.

Humans are also the only creatures on Earth that know they have an expiration date.

That's not exactly true. Another subject which can get muddled between philosophy and physics. Which is the issue here...

The Physics of Time: http://www.exactlywhatistime.com/physics-of-time/

Fish
06-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Right, they can see the spectrum but they can't perceive color as the human brain perceives it.

When I was young, I remember people always saying that dogs can only see in a black and white, but I never understood the reason until much later.

People who are color blind get along just fine, although that must be a bit of a bummer.

Well, they perceive color similarly as the human brain perceives it, just not identically. For example, a mantis shrimp can also see a difference in light with a wavelength of 500nm, compared to light of a wavelength of 1000nm. Light with wavelength differences look different to them too. They also have a spectrum of what their eyes see and their brains interpret. Mantis shrimp can actually see a much wider range of the visible spectrum than humans can. The only difference is interpretation of what that means.

For instance, here's the difference in color spectrum between a dog and a human. Dogs see more than just 2 specific colors. It's not just black/white. They have a range like other animals. It's just a slightly different interpretation to their brains...

https://i.imgur.com/rvM7hvv.gif

Fish
06-28-2021, 11:06 PM
Here's the differentiation of the electromagnetic spectrum that mantis shrimp can perceive compared to humans. Meaning they can see a definite visual difference between light with these different wavelengths. They have an insanely wider range of vision. They have 12 different photoreceptors compared to humans having just 3. That means their brains can mix together an infinitely more rich "color" combination. With a brain like 1/1000th the size. Point being, it's not just brain processing. It's a combination of light wave differences, eye photoreceptors, and brain interpretation.

https://i.imgur.com/fkvSo7L.png

It's much more than just a construct of the human brain...

Bearcat
06-29-2021, 12:08 AM

That doesn't automatically make lower functioning brains 'right' though. Saying two animals see different colors just means brains function differently.

Either the leaves change colors every year or our brains in unison decide they look different over time, but only some leaves in some parts of the world. Call it color or wavelengths bouncing around or whatever, but there would have to be some logical jump from everything being black and white to our brains choosing when to see the same object as different colors over time. Something is changing, and it's not our brains in unison.

Just because time has rules doesn't mean it doesn't exist.... it's actually evidence that it does exist.

The construct is the seconds/minutes/hours/days/years that we define time by, but the linear sequence of events exists, no matter what we call it or whether we define it at all.

Fish
06-29-2021, 12:27 AM
The entire idea of "Color" is dependent on the specific brain in question being able to interpret differences in the frequencies of the visual electromagnetic spectrum. You can always get philosophical about what "Color" means to different specific brains using different photoreceptors, but we generally interpret perceiving differences in frequencies as the ability to distinguish between light at differing wavelengths. Humans are not unique in the slightest in this ability. In fact, many other species excel over humans in different ways in every category.

stanleychief
06-29-2021, 08:51 AM
The entire idea of "Color" is dependent on the specific brain in question being able to interpret differences in the frequencies of the visual electromagnetic spectrum. You can always get philosophical about what "Color" means to different specific brains using different photoreceptors, but we generally interpret perceiving differences in frequencies as the ability to distinguish between light at differing wavelengths. Humans are not unique in the slightest in this ability. In fact, many other species excel over humans in different ways in every category.

To further this point, you can even remove organics out of the equation. I have written Python programs using OpenCV that can determine the color of a person's shirt (RGB) and assign it a color label. I also used those RGB values to calculate complementary colors and displayed them to the user.

While the computer doesn't 'feel' color or perceive it at any level beyond numeric values, it is nonetheless able to detect color and label it in such a way that most humans with no color disabilities would agree with its conclusion.

stevieray
06-29-2021, 10:12 AM
Color has properties/qualities.

Color would have to exist in order for people to be "blind" to it.

Just stop already.

Rain Man
06-29-2021, 10:32 AM
I kind of envision everything as being waves of some sort. We just have different tools to detect different types of waves. At one frequency our eyes see the waves as color and at a different frequency we hear the waves as sound and at a difference frequency we feel heat or taste sour or smell raiders fans.

Different types of sentient beings have different tools to pick up the waves. Most creatures that we're familiar with have a similar set of sensory tools, but maybe those senses operate at different frequencies, which is why dogs can hear high-pitched sounds and cats can see at night. Some of our terrestrial creatures have different tools, such as bats with sonar. There are probably waves that no terrestrial creature can sense, but some creature elsewhere in the universe has a tool that uses them to detect solar flares so it knows when the feeding pods are opening down by the vanadium river.

I'm kind of intrigued by all of the information that passes in front of us every day, but we don't have the sensory tools to detect it.

stanleychief
06-29-2021, 11:00 AM
I kind of envision everything as being waves of some sort. We just have different tools to detect different types of waves. At one frequency our eyes see the waves as color and at a different frequency we hear the waves as sound and at a difference frequency we feel heat or taste sour or smell raiders fans.

Different types of sentient beings have different tools to pick up the waves. Most creatures that we're familiar with have a similar set of sensory tools, but maybe those senses operate at different frequencies, which is why dogs can hear high-pitched sounds and cats can see at night. Some of our terrestrial creatures have different tools, such as bats with sonar. There are probably waves that no terrestrial creature can sense, but some creature elsewhere in the universe has a tool that uses them to detect solar flares so it knows when the feeding pods are opening down by the vanadium river.

I'm kind of intrigued by all of the information that passes in front of us every day, but we don't have the sensory tools to detect it.

I was exiting our undersized restroom at work one day at the same time another colleague was. I made a remark about the wretched stench left behind by someone who had earlier vacated the lavatory. My colleague remarked, "you know that's a particle not a wave, right?" I felt less than satisfied imagining a stranger's pooh particles landing in my nostrils, yet realized that is indeed what had just occurred.

A fart ray would be pretty interesting though.

Easy 6
06-29-2021, 11:04 AM
I was exiting our undersized restroom at work one day at the same time another colleague was. I made a remark about the wretched stench left behind by someone who had earlier vacated the lavatory. My colleague remarked, "you know that's a particle not a wave, right?" I felt less than satisfied imagining a stranger's pooh particles landing in my nostrils, yet realized that is indeed what had just occurred.

A fart ray would be pretty interesting though.

And half of smell is taste :(

Bearcat
06-29-2021, 11:30 AM
Color has properties/qualities.

Color would have to exist in order for people to be "blind" to it.

Just stop already.

Yeah, if you're looking at a chameleon and it changes colors at that time, one of a few things are happening....
...your brain is basically confused and playing tricks on you, and changing properties that are actually constant.... except, multimedia people would do the same thing at the same time.
...something external is changing (light/wavelengths, the Matrix, etc.), except it's only changing the color of the chameleon.
....or the properties of the chameleon are changing.

Pitt Gorilla
06-29-2021, 03:51 PM
That doesn't automatically make lower functioning brains 'right' though. Saying two animals see different colors just means brains function differently.

Either the leaves change colors every year or our brains in unison decide they look different over time, but only some leaves in some parts of the world. Call it color or wavelengths bouncing around or whatever, but there would have to be some logical jump from everything being black and white to our brains choosing when to see the same object as different colors over time. Something is changing, and it's not our brains in unison.

Just because time has rules doesn't mean it doesn't exist.... it's actually evidence that it does exist.

The construct is the seconds/minutes/hours/days/years that we define time by, but the linear sequence of events exists, no matter what we call it or whether we define it at all.Yup.

Pitt Gorilla
06-29-2021, 03:52 PM
That's not exactly true. Another subject which can get muddled between philosophy and physics. Which is the issue here...

The Physics of Time: http://www.exactlywhatistime.com/physics-of-time/And this. Was going to post essentially the same thing.

stevieray
06-29-2021, 05:18 PM
Yeah, if you're looking at a chameleon and it changes colors at that time, one of a few things are happening....
...your brain is basically confused and playing tricks on you, and changing properties that are actually constant.... except, multimedia people would do the same thing at the same time.
...something external is changing (light/wavelengths, the Matrix, etc.), except it's only changing the color of the chameleon.
....or the properties of the chameleon are changing....

Marcellus
06-29-2021, 07:49 PM
Time is not a human construct, it exist. We age, that is evidence of time. How we measure it is a human construct, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Megatron96
06-29-2021, 09:33 PM
Bunch of BS. It's a well-known scientific fact that some fish species see in color. Most game fish do, in fact. Here's a simple fact: animals that have a preponderance of cones vs. rods see color better, period. Cats, for instance, have a lot more rods tan cones, and holy shit! they see mostly in black and white.

Believing that humans are the only species that can see color is categorically stupid as hell.

mr. tegu
06-29-2021, 09:44 PM
Can we please not turn this into some silly science fiction thread about whether or not time exists and focus on the aliens, their goals, and their methods of travel?

Fish
06-29-2021, 09:47 PM
Can we please not turn this into some silly science fiction thread about whether or not time exists and focus on the aliens, their goals, and their methods of travel?

What aliens?

mr. tegu
06-29-2021, 09:55 PM
What aliens?

The outer space ones, not the DC thread ones.

stanleychief
06-29-2021, 09:56 PM

I look at Star Trek's prime directive, and first contact policy. Only in this case, I think the aliens were waiting for us to launch a Tesla into outer space as proof of intelligent life.

Megatron96
06-29-2021, 11:14 PM
So you're saying they don't know what it is?

Therefore, aliens.

Also, why are you so hostile? Jeez man...

So what you’re saying is there’s no such thing as UFO’s?

Pardon me. I had 2 double scotches prior to writing that post.

Here's the deal:

the DoD knows that those things aren't one of ours, or one of theirs. As in not of any 21st-century human-based technology.

Are they alien? There's no substantive evidence of that. But it's fairly clear that whatever those things are, they represent a level of technology hundreds, if not thousands, of years in advance of current earth-human technology.

What people are missing here is that the U.S. government is admitting that these things are UNEXPLAINED. That United States military aircraft and ships came into contact with multiple bogeys that were witnessed by multiple sensor systems multiple times over a period of years, and they can't come up with a plausible explanation speaks volumes. And don't kid yourselves: there's exactly ZERO chance that those things are Russian or Chinese. The Russians before the Soviet collapse were at least 20 years behind the U.S. technologically, and the Chinese are at least that far behind the United States right now.

And since the U.S. inventory has absolutely nothing in it that approaches those objects' performance capabilities . . . it becomes inevitable that those things are not of this Earth.

When you finally come to that conclusion . . . well, it's game-changing. Right now I'm still in the "well then fuck it," phase.

loochy
06-30-2021, 06:41 AM

Here's the deal:

the DoD knows that those things aren't one of ours, or one of theirs. As in not of any 21st-century human-based technology.

Are they alien? There's no substantive evidence of that. But it's fairly clear that whatever those things are, they represent a level of technology hundreds, if not thousands, of years in advance of current earth-human technology.

What people are missing here is that the U.S. government is admitting that these things are UNEXPLAINED. That United States military aircraft and ships came into contact with multiple bogeys that were witnessed by multiple sensor systems multiple times over a period of years, and they can't come up with a plausible explanation speaks volumes. And don't kid yourselves: there's exactly ZERO chance that those things are Russian or Chinese. The Russians before the Soviet collapse were at least 20 years behind the U.S. technologically, and the Chinese are at least that far behind the United States right now.

And since the U.S. inventory has absolutely nothing in it that approaches those objects' performance capabilities . . . it becomes inevitable that those things are not of this Earth.

When you finally come to that conclusion . . . well, it's game-changing. Right now I'm still in the "well then fuck it," phase.

That was much more nicely put. Thank you.

Fish
06-30-2021, 07:15 AM
But it's fairly clear that whatever those things are, they represent a level of technology hundreds, if not thousands, of years in advance of current earth-human technology.

We don't really have enough information to determine that.

Quite a leap to say it's inevitable that these things are not of this Earth. Occam's razor and all. We don't really know that the US inventory has absolutely nothing in it that approaches this. Logically speaking, secret military technology would still be the most likely explanation.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-30-2021, 07:23 AM
Quite a leap to say it's inevitable that these things are not of this Earth. Occam's razor and all. We don't really know that the US inventory has absolutely nothing in it that approaches this. Logically speaking, secret military technology would still be the most likely explanation.

Our own government just came out and admitted they have no idea what these things are, so how can you possibly say that's the most logical explanation?

If you're suggesting there's a black op military program that operates outside of any government jurisdiction whatsoever to the point where our own Army and Navy generals aren't even aware of their existence, that's almost scarier than these things just being aliens.

mr. tegu
06-30-2021, 07:47 AM
The crazy technology witnessed isn’t new. It’s just new to being verified as crazy technology that are actual objects. Chalking it up to military technology is ignoring the longer history of these things being observed.

Fish
06-30-2021, 07:59 AM
Our own government just came out and admitted they have no idea what these things are, so how can you possibly say that's the most logical explanation?

If you're suggesting there's a black op military program that operates outside of any government jurisdiction whatsoever to the point where our own Army and Navy generals aren't even aware of their existence, that's almost scarier than these things just being aliens.

From the source:

If the sightings were the result of Chinese or Russian technology -- either some kind of unknown aircraft or a technology system that can spoof US radar and other surveillance and reconnaissance systems -- the intelligence community would not want to reveal what it does and doesn't know.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-30-2021, 08:13 AM
From the source:

Then why even allow this to become mainstream? They could have just kept brushing it under the rug and calling everyone who supposedly saw one crazy like they have been for 70 years. There was no need to shine so much light on it if they didn't want attention brought to it. If they truly thought it was advanced human technology developed by one of our enemies, why release any report at all?

Military officials and pilots seeing them is certainly nothing new, so that's not a valid reason to suddenly acknowledge these things as being real for the first time.

Oh well, guess we'll find out if we're eventually invaded by aliens and/or Chinese people dropping lasers out of these things all over the country. :D

Rain Man
06-30-2021, 09:10 AM

Yeah, with need-to-know programs it's quite likely that there are organizations doing things that no one outside the organization knows about. They're not top secret programs if they're widely known. So a black hole program could remain very quiet while other parts of the military are trying to figure out what they are.

AdolfOliverBush
06-30-2021, 09:34 AM
If they're real, they're ours. The alien/interdimensional being stuff is nonsense, and there's no way Russia or China is ahead of us technologically.

The F-117 was flying in 1981. There's no telling what we have up our sleeves at this point.

Donger
06-30-2021, 09:52 AM
If they're real, they're ours. The alien/interdimensional being stuff is nonsense, and there's no way Russia or China is ahead of us technologically.

The F-117 was flying in 1981. There's no telling what we have up our sleeves at this point.

And this little guy was flying in 1977:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/DARPA_USAirForce_HaveBlue.png

Spott
06-30-2021, 09:53 AM

Here's the deal:

I was just poking the bear with a stick with my earlier response. I don’t really follow this topic, but I would guess that these sitings haven’t been manned aircraft if they are indeed UFO’s from another planet. Most of these sitings have been very small aircrafts and for very short periods of time. It’s hard to imagine that aliens would travel light years just to do a ten second drive by of the Earth and then go back home.

gblowfish
06-30-2021, 01:04 PM
My uncle was ex-Navy. He worked on the Polaris Missile project in the 1950s. Polaris was the first submarine launched nuclear tipped missiles. He worked in a highly classified temporary sub base in Scotland. That base doesn't exist now. After his Navy time he worked for a couple different military contractors in Southern California. He knew about the stealth program in the mid 1970s. So yeah, I'm sure whatever the current black op off the record defense programs are working on now are way way out there. And why should the govt admit it exists? We probably have nukes in space too.

keg in kc
06-30-2021, 01:06 PM
I don’t really follow this topic Most of these sitings have been very small aircrafts and for very short periods of time.If your first statement is true, then it's kind of hard to substantiate your second.

gblowfish
06-30-2021, 01:06 PM
Aliens visiting Earth while "exploring" is probably like you or me taking a trip to the Wisconsin Dells. Not a whole lot of surprises, probe somebody then go home.

loochy
06-30-2021, 02:26 PM
Aliens visiting Earth while "exploring" is probably like you or me taking a trip to the Wisconsin Dells. Not a whole lot of surprises, probe somebody then go home.

I wouldn't recommend probing people at Wisconsin Dells.

Easy 6
06-30-2021, 04:50 PM

It all just makes for a comfier world view doesn't it?

Everything fits into a neat little box, all of the answers are known!

Marcellus
06-30-2021, 06:44 PM

I find it funny people think we have capabilities to do what these objects like the Tic Tac UFO and several others can do. Its so far ahead of any tech we have its like 1000 years ahead. This isn't the difference between a Commodore 64 and a new MacBook Pro this is the difference between stone tools and light sabers.

Stealth planes still flew like planes for example. Yea it was new tech but it wasn't earth shattering change it was new tech based on similar concepts.

ModSocks
06-30-2021, 10:23 PM
Moron.

Who is "we"?

lol wtf

Megatron96
06-30-2021, 10:25 PM
I find it funny people think we have capabilities to do what these objects like the Tic Tac UFO and several others can do. Its so far ahead of any tech we have its like 1000 years ahead. This isn't the difference between a Commodore 64 and a new MacBook Pro this is the difference between stone tools and light sabers.

Stealth planes still flew like planes for example. Yea it was new tech but it wasn't earth shattering change it was new tech based on similar concepts.

This is what the average person misses.

Go back to the Wright brothers. Look at the fist airplane; the Wright Flyer. Now look at the most advanced aircraft on the planet produced a little more than 100 years later: we'll say that's the F-22 Raptor.

Both still have lifting-surface wings, a narrow, aerodynamic fuselage, some form of combustion-based propulsion system, etc. As advanced as the Raptir is, it still must conform to basic physics. It needs to have wings, some manner of longitudinal structure to provide a keel effect, and a high-energy chemical combustion propulsion system to provide the necessary thrust to fly.

These craft have none of that.

They don't need wings (lift-producing surfaces).

They don't need to be aerodynamic.

They don't need a high-energy propulsion system.

They accelerate/decelerate as if the laws of physics don't exist.

Name a time when human beings made a leap forward similar to that at any time in history.

Think about it: if we had just 50% of these capabilities, they'd show up in our current inventory. In particular, waste-less propulsion. If we could manufacture a propulsion system that didn't require chemical combustion, didn't produce huge amounts of heat, and yet could hurl non-aerodynamic aircraft from a standstill to sub-orbital velocities in just a few seconds, remain aloft for a dozen hours without refueling, etc. at least some of that would appear in our current military aircraft.

And yet there isn't one aircraft in the U.S. inventory that can even approach any of those capabilities.

HELL, ALL OF OUR AIRCRAFT STILL REQUIRE WINGS, FFS.

eDave
07-01-2021, 02:52 AM
Why do we not dream in color?

Dunerdr
07-01-2021, 05:54 AM
I'm a curious person by nature. I remain torn on the thought of Aliens, God, our owns earths history, different dimensions ect. But one thing i am pretty sure of is that there are things out there that we can not perceive yet so we refuse to believe it. I mean just on the color and perception topic, how do we know there arent things right in front of our face that the human eye cant detect or brain cant comprehend? Maybe when your dog stares off in the corner its an alien who doesnt need a physical body to explore the universe or the spirit of someone long gone?

Why are we so quick to write things off?

AdolfOliverBush
07-01-2021, 07:08 AM

It's not about being comfier, it's simply the most likely answer, by far. It could be aliens, a hoax, or maybe Uganda has made a massive technological leap forward.

A betting person would be wise to put their money on "paradigm-shifting US technology" before "interdimensional beings".

AdolfOliverBush
07-01-2021, 07:30 AM
This is what the average person misses.

Go back to the Wright brothers. Look at the fist airplane; the Wright Flyer. Now look at the most advanced aircraft on the planet produced a little more than 100 years later: we'll say that's the F-22 Raptor.

Both still have lifting-surface wings, a narrow, aerodynamic fuselage, some form of combustion-based propulsion system, etc. As advanced as the Raptir is, it still must conform to basic physics. It needs to have wings, some manner of longitudinal structure to provide a keel effect, and a high-energy chemical combustion propulsion system to provide the necessary thrust to fly.

These craft have none of that.

They don't need wings (lift-producing surfaces).

They don't need to be aerodynamic.

They don't need a high-energy propulsion system.

They accelerate/decelerate as if the laws of physics don't exist.

Name a time when human beings made a leap forward similar to that at any time in history.

Think about it: if we had just 50% of these capabilities, they'd show up in our current inventory. In particular, waste-less propulsion. If we could manufacture a propulsion system that didn't require chemical combustion, didn't produce huge amounts of heat, and yet could hurl non-aerodynamic aircraft from a standstill to sub-orbital velocities in just a few seconds, remain aloft for a dozen hours without refueling, etc. at least some of that would appear in our current military aircraft.

And yet there isn't one aircraft in the U.S. inventory that can even approach any of those capabilities.

HELL, ALL OF OUR AIRCRAFT STILL REQUIRE WINGS, FFS.

You make some good points, but "aliens" is still a far less likely explanation than a technological leap forward, and that's assuming the UFOs actually have the capabilities that have been reported.

BWillie
07-01-2021, 08:01 AM
There is no time. There is no space. Existence is all that there ever was and ever will be. The human mind cannot fathom existence, so we perceive it as time and space.

AdolfOliverBush
07-01-2021, 08:03 AM
There is no time. There is no space. Existence is all that there ever was and ever will be. The human mind cannot fathom existence, so we perceive it as time and space.

Time and space can both be measured. Humans have a tendency to believe in things that aren't proven to exist, but time and space aren't in that category.

BWillie
07-01-2021, 08:28 AM
Time and space can both be measured. Humans have a tendency to believe in things that aren't proven to exist, but time and space aren't in that category.

I just made all of that up. It sounded cool. But I cannot wrap my head around how time can begin or end. Or how it is possible for space to end and begin. It is just - there. How can it not be there?

AdolfOliverBush
07-01-2021, 08:33 AM
I just made all of that up. It sounded cool. But I cannot wrap my head around how time can begin or end. Or how it is possible for space to end and begin. It is just - there. How can it not be there?

I'm going to need shrooms for this conversation.

BWillie
07-01-2021, 08:36 AM
I'm going to need shrooms for this conversation.

How can time and space not exist? If it didn't exist, it's nothing. Isn't nothing something? Or is nothing not anything? We as a species will never figure it out. We are not smart enough to comprehend the true nuances of the Universe.

AdolfOliverBush
07-01-2021, 08:40 AM
How can time and space not exist? If it didn't exist, it's nothing. Isn't nothing something? Or is nothing not anything? We as a species will never figure it out. We are not smart enough to comprehend the true nuances of the Universe.

Hell, most of us can't properly fold a fitted sheet.

ModSocks
07-01-2021, 08:54 AM
So....when/where/how do we get to view these 144 cases?

Sorry
07-01-2021, 11:23 AM

Humans also have the tendency to think they have all the answers until they are proven wrong and have to start all over again. I’m not saying your thinking isn’t the most practical and safe way to go about this, but just because it goes beyond your own logic doesn’t mean it cannot hold itself true in some capacity. It’s something that needs extraordinary evidence for sure. Us govt has been keeping this silent for prob 50-70 years.. and now they wanna slow drip info out? Seems fishy

Donger
07-01-2021, 11:28 AM
So....when/where/how do we get to view these 144 cases?

https://media.tenor.com/images/15d176838c4f6b2e2fc235d70fac3cb7/tenor.gif

BWillie
07-01-2021, 11:35 AM
Humans also have the tendency to think they have all the answers until they are proven wrong and have to start all over again. I’m not saying your thinking isn’t the most practical and safe way to go about this, but just because it goes beyond your own logic doesn’t mean it cannot hold itself true in some capacity. It’s something that needs extraordinary evidence for sure. Us govt has been keeping this silent for prob 50-70 years.. and now they wanna slow drip info out? Seems fishy

Not to me. Are UFOs and Alien beings specific to America? If not, then the United States would have to agree to cover up things for hundreds of years with countries that hate each other. Nazi Germany and USA go to war, but agree to keep aliens under wraps. USA and Iran, generally hate each other, but agree to both work together to keep UFO's quiet. Doesn't make any sense if that is your narrative.

Rausch
07-01-2021, 08:08 PM
Not to me. Are UFOs and Alien beings specific to America? If not, then the United States would have to agree to cover up things for hundreds of years with countries that hate each other. Nazi Germany and USA go to war, but agree to keep aliens under wraps. USA and Iran, generally hate each other, but agree to both work together to keep UFO's quiet. Doesn't make any sense if that is your narrative.

India and Iran openly talk about UFO's.

In India it's just normal. It would be like us going somewhere and people not believing in germs...

Bob Dole
07-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Hell, most of us can't properly fold a fitted sheet.

Only having one set of bed sheets and one bed solves that problem.

Megatron96
07-01-2021, 11:42 PM
You make some good points, but "aliens" is still a far less likely explanation than a technological leap forward, and that's assuming the UFOs actually have the capabilities that have been reported.

I never said "aliens." The fact s, i have no idea whether these objects are extraterrestrial.

What I do know is that a total of not less than four Ticonderoga-class missile cruisers tracked these objects accelerating/decelerating tens of thousands of mph in just a few seconds, among other impossible things. Ticonderoga-class missile cruisers sport the most advanced radar-intercept sensor arrays on the planet. And a pair of these ships are attached to every carrier task force. The odds that four of these ships' systems would malfunction in exactly the same way, in exactly the same circumstances are less than zero.

Given that . . .

The testimony by those ships' radar officers implies minimum G-forces of more than 4000Gs. Human beings are squashed flat at about 100Gs. Aircraft-grade aluminum (several times harder than steel) would melt like butter at 4,000Gs.

Rasputin
07-02-2021, 12:01 AM
Aliens have conducted their own report and concluded that they found no intelligent life on Earth.

ModSocks
07-02-2021, 08:54 AM
What I do know is that a total of not less than four Ticonderoga-class missile cruisers tracked these objects accelerating/decelerating tens of thousands of mph in just a few seconds, among other impossible things. Ticonderoga-class missile cruisers sport the most advanced radar-intercept sensor arrays on the planet. And a pair of these ships are attached to every carrier task force. The odds that four of these ships' systems would malfunction in exactly the same way, in exactly the same circumstances are less than zero.

Haven't heard that one, where'd you find that?

Megatron96
07-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Find which?

ModSocks
07-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Find which?

The U.S launching cruise missiles at UFO's.

Megatron96
07-02-2021, 10:07 PM

? Uh, what are you talking about?

loochy
07-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Tracked, not launched.

They have radar and other sensors with the ability track things completely independent of pressing the big, red "LAUNCH" button.

Fish
07-02-2021, 10:38 PM

The acceleration calculations are from a questionable study attempting to calculate the acceleration. They fully admit to making quite a few assumptions in their calculations, which includes using eyewitness info and estimations based on 30fps video. They completely gloss over how they actually calculate how the objects dropped from 28,000 feet to sea level, or under the surface, in 0.78 seconds, but admit that it wasn't using radar data in the next sentence. They go on to make other assumptions based on that assumption. Which isn't a good sign.

We estimated the accelerations of UAVs relying on (1) radar information from USS Princeton former Senior Chief Operations Specialist Kevin Day; (2) eyewitness information from CDR David Fravor, commanding officer of Strike Fighter Squadron 41 and the other jet’s weapons system operator, LCDR Jim Slaight; and (3) analyses of a segment of the Defense Intelligence Agency-released Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared (ATFLIR) video.

[...]

Senior Chief Kevin Day informed us that the Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) radar systems had detected the UAVs in low Earth orbit before they dropped down to 80,000 feet. The UAVs would arrive in groups of 10 to 20, subsequently drop down to 28,000 feet with a several hundred foot variation, and track south at a speed of about 100 knots. Periodically, the UAVs would drop from 28,000 feet to sea level (approx. 50 feet), or under the surface, in 0.78 seconds. Without detailed radar data, it is not possible to know the acceleration of the UAVs as a function of time as they descended to the sea surface.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201908.0233/v1

Megatron96
07-02-2021, 10:55 PM
The acceleration calculations are from a questionable study attempting to calculate the acceleration. They fully admit to making quite a few assumptions in their calculations, which includes using eyewitness info and estimations based on 30fps video. They completely gloss over how they actually calculate how the objects dropped from 28,000 feet to sea level, or under the surface, in 0.78 seconds, but admit that it wasn't using radar data in the next sentence. They go on to make other assumptions based on that assumption. Which isn't a good sign.

Never heard of that study.

However . . .

To calculate acceleration all you need is a start V/end V (change in velocity=delta-V), and time. Once delta-V is solved, finding G-force is basic algebra.

Also: the radar array aboard Ticonderoga-class missile ships automatically calculates acceleration, velocity (horizontal as well as vertical), and time, as well as altitude, bearing, heading, aspect, etc.

Calculating G-force for SC Day would've been as simple as pressing a couple buttons. Or even just using his cellphone's calculator function.

Fish
07-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Another important thing to note... Coincidentally, in 2004 the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group upgraded their Navy's Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) radar system and its embedded Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA) architecture. Shortly after is when they started making these sightings. In 2013/2014, the Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group did the same radar upgrade. Which again, coincidentally created the same type of UAV reports.

Future use of this tech should determine the meaning of that...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28305/carrier-group-in-recent-ufo-encounters-had-new-air-defense-tech-just-like-nimitz-in-2004-incident

Megatron96
07-02-2021, 11:29 PM
Another important thing to note... Coincidentally, in 2004 the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group upgraded their Navy's Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) radar system and its embedded Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA) architecture. Shortly after is when they started making these sightings. In 2013/2014, the Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group did the same radar upgrade. Which again, coincidentally created the same type of UAV reports.

Future use of this tech should determine the meaning of that...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28305/carrier-group-in-recent-ufo-encounters-had-new-air-defense-tech-just-like-nimitz-in-2004-incident

Interesting.

Did these new systems also create optical illusions for dozens of flight crews to see? And let's not forget that there were multiple IR recordings as well . . .

Must be some kind of glitch.:rolleyes:

Megatron96
07-02-2021, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I almost forgot; those new glitchy systems also somehow effected all the onboard sensor systems of all those F/A-18Ds that recorded those things with their radars, IR, and electro-optical sensors.

Amazing computer failure when you think about it.

Fish
07-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Sorry, I almost forgot; those new glitchy systems also somehow effected all the onboard sensor systems of all those F/A-18Ds that recorded those things with their radars, IR, and electro-optical sensors.

Amazing computer failure when you think about it.

You mean the estimations from the F-18 pilots themselves?

Fravor started a descent to investigate while his wingman kept high cover. As Fravor circled and descended, the UAV appeared to take notice of him and rose to meet him. The F-18 and the UAV circled one another. When Fravor reached the nine o’clock position, he performed a maneuver to close the distance by cutting across the circle to the three o’clock position. As he did so, the Tic-Tac UAV accelerated ([14], p.12) across Fravor’s nose heading south. Fravor said that the UAV was gone within a second. As a comparison, Fravor noted that even a jet at Mach 3 takes 10 to 15 seconds to disappear from sight ([14], p.11). LCDR Slaight described the UAV as accelerating as if it was “shot out of a rifle” and that it was out of sight in a split second. ([14], p. 12).

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201908.0233/v1

Quite the velocity calculation. Or do you have a better explanation of the "Calculation" other than Fravor's quote?

Fish
07-03-2021, 12:30 AM
If the US military had direct radar calculations of these objects traveling at speeds/accelerations obviously 1000 years ahead of current tech, where the numbers? Why do we have nothing but these quotes above?

Fravor said that the UAV was gone within a second.

LCDR Slaight described the UAV as accelerating as if it was “shot out of a rifle”

These are the F-18 pilots themselves. Using anything but actual numerical numbers read from a radar calculation.

Do you have any better source?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Sweet. Fish "logic".

Megatron96
07-03-2021, 10:04 PM
mdYou mean the estimations from the F-18 pilots themselves?

Quite the velocity calculation. Or do you have a better explanation of the "Calculation" other than Fravor's quote?

No, I don't mean from the pilots themselves. I'm talking about the actual data recorded by the sensor systems themselves. I mean I get it; you don't understand that these aircraft come standard with the most advanced sensor arrays on the planet. You apparently think that these planes arrive with nothing but human eyeballs for sensing equipment.

Which is hilarious, but on some level, understandable.

Here's the bald facts: F/A-18s of any stripe come with avionics packages that allow them to calculate the speed of any craft from 0 to several thousand mph whether its on the ocean or at 80,000 feet. CMR Fravor didn't have to estimate the speed of that craft; his equipment accurately measured the velocity, acceleration, altitude, bearing and heading of every object larger than a basketball that came within 400 miles of him the entire time he was airborne.

These systems operate simultaneously, unless otherwise directed by the pilots themselves. So somewhere out there exists recordings of these things not just in IR, but also in radar and at least electro-optical HD. But conveniently to confuse you, and people like you, the DoD neglected to make those recordings available. And you never spent a microsecond to consider why.

These things were recorded simultaneously by no less than four different observation systems dozens of times by dozens of different platforms, including the most technologically advanced radar systems on the planet. And the most highly trained aviators in the world.

These things exist.

What exactly they are, or where exactly they might come from are still up for debate, but their existence is irrefutable.

Fish
07-03-2021, 10:26 PM
So somewhere out there exists recordings of these things not just in IR, but also in radar and at least electro-optical HD. But conveniently to confuse you, and people like you, the DoD neglected to make those recordings available. And you never spent a microsecond to consider why.

Sure. The calculations must have been made from secret recordings. Conveniently the data that could prove these objects being future tech is not available. Weird that the F-18 pilots themselves who are convinced that this tech is not ours never mentioned any actual numbers that their tech recorded, since that info was supposedly readily available. Seems like that would have helped in the interviews after the encounter.

If that data were available, and it was obvious that it was available, this government release would be a joke, and quickly shown for the joke it was.

Easy 6
07-04-2021, 10:33 AM
As usual, Fish has all the answers LMAO

Move along, nothing to see here...

srvy
07-04-2021, 12:13 PM
As usual, Fish has all the answers LMAO

Move along, nothing to see here...

Yep, that know it all glorified geek squad techie needs a little more than just a lowly pilot's eyewitness account. Better to have a geek squad flunky explain this phenomenon.

Rain Man
07-04-2021, 01:46 PM
I'm late to the discussion, but we have a big Air Traffic Control system. Why are they not recording data on such things?

Donger
07-04-2021, 01:58 PM
I'm late to the discussion, but we have a big Air Traffic Control system. Why are they not recording data on such things?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6gRdt7qkSW4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
07-04-2021, 01:59 PM

They used COVID as an excuse to do jack shit

Megatron96
07-05-2021, 10:01 PM
Sure. The calculations must have been made from secret recordings. Conveniently the data that could prove these objects being future tech is not available. Weird that the F-18 pilots themselves who are convinced that this tech is not ours never mentioned any actual numbers that their tech recorded, since that info was supposedly readily available. Seems like that would have helped in the interviews after the encounter.

If that data were available, and it was obvious that it was available, this government release would be a joke, and quickly shown for the joke it was.

:spock:
Secret recordings. Are you purposely being obtuse?

Check it: these systems operate simultaneously, so when they tracked it in electro-optical or radar, or IR or whatever, the other systems were hot and recording. The DoD simply didn't release those recordings to the public. They released three recordings, when there should have been about a dozen; three to four for each clip.

And btw, CMDR Fravor as well as Senior Chief Day both testified that government officials took possession of their radar recordings within a day of the incident(s).

And finally, the recordings did in fact provide ample evidence of "future tech" as you call it.

They all didn't record any evidence of thrust. Using IR sensing equipment, any thrust exiting the craft should've shown up as distinct easily observed plumes of hot gases, but there is none, in any clip. In fact, every "black" recording shows a faint 'nimbus' of cold air surrounding these vehicles, which shouldn't be present at all, but we'll skip why for now. What should've been present is a plume or plumes of black coming from the rear of the craft. As anyone can clearly see, no such heat sources are present in the videos.

There are no cold combustion power systems on Earth. The concept of creating thrust without also producing huge amounts of heat is far beyond anything humans on this planet can engineer/manufacture.

Pants
07-05-2021, 10:07 PM
Sucks that they didn't release any of the data from the warships tracking those things the entire time.

loochy
07-06-2021, 05:24 AM
They all didn't record any evidence of thrust. The concept of creating thrust without also producing huge amounts of heat is far beyond anything humans on this planet can engineer/manufacture.

Well duh , that's because they don't use thrust for propulsion. They use gravity wells to pull the craft.

RaidersOftheCellar
07-06-2021, 05:35 AM
Always find it funny that the same people who label others conspiracy theorist nutjobs are the ones who believe that our gov’t has been working with aliens in secret underground bases for decades.

loochy
07-06-2021, 06:46 AM
Always find it funny that the same people who label others conspiracy theorist nutjobs are the ones who believe that our gov’t has been working with aliens in secret underground bases for decades.

Which people label others conspiracy theorist nutjobs while simultaneously believing that our government has been working with aliens in secret underground bases for decades?

eDave
07-06-2021, 08:47 AM

There is far more proof of aliens than a stolen election, magnetic arms, or whatever.

And alien conspiracies are OG. This new shit going on is some poser shit.

RaidersOftheCellar
07-08-2021, 10:39 PM
Which people label others conspiracy theorist nutjobs while simultaneously believing that our government has been working with aliens in secret underground bases for decades?

Wasn’t talking about this board in particular. But I’ve seen it plenty. On one board I frequent, they even posted a poll which asked which conspiracy theories you believe in and the vast majority chose alien coverup. It’s probably become the most mainstream and accepted by the majority due to ridiculous shows like Ancient Aliens.

Just cracks me up that so many find that more plausible than corrupt people doing corrupt things to further their agendas.

RaidersOftheCellar
07-08-2021, 10:42 PM
There is far more proof of aliens than a stolen election, magnetic arms, or whatever.

And alien conspiracies are OG. This new shit going on is some poser shit.

There is no proof of aliens.

However, there are declassified documents that prove the Operation Northwoods plot by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

BlackOp
07-08-2021, 10:49 PM
Just cracks me up that so many find that more plausible than corrupt people doing corrupt things to further their agendas.

If CNN tells them Aliens are going to eat their children...they'll believe it within a week...just like they tell them the "Great Reset" is a conspiracy theory...even though it was on the cover of Time Magazine...

People are irrational creatures...

I mean you can tell them about Major Smedleys testimony...he was one of the most decorated war heroes of his time...and they will call him a liar.

https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Navigation/Community/Arcadia-and-THP-Blog/September-2018/Smedley-Butler-and-the-1930s-Plot-to-Overthrow-the

Bowser
07-09-2021, 12:01 PM
If CNN tells them Aliens are going to eat their children...they'll believe it within a week...just like they tell them the "Great Reset" is a conspiracy theory...even though it was on the cover of Time Magazine...

I mean you can tell them about Major Smedleys testimony...he was one of the most decorated war heroes of his time...and they will call him a liar.

https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Navigation/Community/Arcadia-and-THP-Blog/September-2018/Smedley-Butler-and-the-1930s-Plot-to-Overthrow-the

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WPMMNvYTEyI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(I've had way too much need and use out of that clip lately)

Donger
07-09-2021, 12:05 PM

Some people are, yes.

Simply Red
08-14-2021, 12:36 AM
was this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtpxiNvGCp4&ab_channel=7NEWSSpotlight) posted already?

Abba-Dabba
08-14-2021, 07:59 AM
UFO | Series Premiere | Full Episode (TV14)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/64s8ujoydRM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>