PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium

Pages : [1] 2

BigRedChief
07-16-2021, 10:17 PM
The Arrowhead sign that everyone takes a picture with from the parking lot has been removed from the top of the stadium.

They are putting up some GHEA sign?

TribalElder
07-16-2021, 10:18 PM
what the fuck

why

Bugeater
07-16-2021, 10:19 PM
what the fuck

why
$$$

TribalElder
07-16-2021, 10:21 PM
$$$

sad

prostitute like even

Deberg_1990
07-16-2021, 10:23 PM
Can’t wait to watch a game at the ‘Government Employee’s Health Association’ !!!

Bugeater
07-16-2021, 10:25 PM
sad

prostitute like even

Everyone has their price to spread their legs.

EVERYONE.

FAX
07-16-2021, 10:25 PM
Terrible.

FAX

Pablo
07-16-2021, 10:36 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/449/977/aba.gif

Rasputin
07-16-2021, 11:25 PM
Maybe I'm not as interested in going to see my favorite team the Kansas City Chiefs that plays in my favorite stadium Arrowhead Stadium now by another name it's not the same and that's a shame I want to know who is to blame and kick him in the nuts to give him pain rochambeau

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
07-17-2021, 12:10 AM
Maybe I'm not as interested in going to see my favorite team the Kansas City Chiefs that plays in my favorite stadium Arrowhead Stadium now by another name it's not the same and that's a shame I want to know who is to blame and kick him in the nuts to give him pain rochambeau

Mark Donovan

Rasputin
07-17-2021, 01:28 AM
Can’t wait to watch a game at the ‘Government Employee’s Health Association’ !!!

Georgia Home Education Association

ClevelandBronco
07-17-2021, 01:35 AM
That’s teh geha.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-17-2021, 01:41 AM
Next we're the Kansas City "Football Team"

Rain Man
07-17-2021, 01:48 AM
Everyone has their price to spread their legs.

EVERYONE.

This is good to know, because I have a high school reunion coming up.

Flying High D
07-17-2021, 02:53 AM
Next we're the Kansas City "Football Team"

Arrowhead removed from the helmet and as a symbol of the team.

Rainbarrel
07-17-2021, 05:03 AM
The shelves of TP are emptying fast!

lcarus
07-17-2021, 05:50 AM
Put the sign back up. Get the band back together. And play the Gary Glitter song after touchdowns. God damn it!

HemiEd
07-17-2021, 05:52 AM
It's a business, a business to make money. Two Super Bowls in a row, they are going to maximize the opportunity to cash in.

JD10367
07-17-2021, 06:23 AM
Put the sign back up. Get the band back together. And play the Gary Glitter song after touchdowns. God damn it!

I'm as "woke" as any leftist. I'm all for removing derogatory names. Washington was derogatory ("Redskins"). Cleveland's baseball team is questionable, since only white people call them "Indians", but the old Indians mascot was DEFINITELY derogatory. But Atlanta Braves and Kansas City Chiefs are not derogatory, they are celebratory. The names should stay, as should "Arrowhead" (which has nothing derogatory about it at all). That stupid-ass chanting and tomahawk chop, though, that's pretty bad.

Now, Gary Glitter, on the other hand, was a child molester. So, yeah, let's not go with that one.

stevieray
07-17-2021, 07:12 AM
Nothing is sacred anymore.

Glad I have the memories.

Arrowhead..or what was once Arrowhead is now more like seeing a game in a Correctional facility than a stadium.

People have gotten to big for their own britches.

stevieray
07-17-2021, 07:13 AM
Mark Donovan

Gives me the creeps.

TEX
07-17-2021, 07:51 AM
I thought just the naming rights to the field were sold? Meaning it would be GEHA Field at ARROWHEAD Stadium...

RealSNR
07-17-2021, 07:56 AM
AIDS for everyone!!!

Peter Gibbons
07-17-2021, 08:48 AM
I thought just the naming rights to the field were sold? Meaning it would be GEHA Field at ARROWHEAD Stadium...

It will be just like Molesto at Pilehigh.

BigRedChief
07-17-2021, 08:59 AM
Mark Donovan

Gives me the creeps.I've had several interactions with him in person back in the day. I've had multiple people speak with him on behalf of Arrowhead South and Arrowhead Kingdom that he works with as the President doing "Chiefs stuff" .

From my personal experience back in the day and the recent 2nd hand experience the last 3-4 years......... the guy is a real conceited asshole that only provides lip service to the fans. He only cares about the "fans" as a way to make himself look better and the Chiefs richer.

bevischief
07-17-2021, 09:17 AM
This is good to know, because I have a high school reunion coming up.

ROFLROFL

Why Not?
07-17-2021, 09:17 AM

Which is probably why they took the sign down. To add the GEHA part or some sort of redesign. If it were for "woke" reasons, I'm sure it would be all over the news, probably even nationally.

Bwana
07-17-2021, 09:24 AM
:shake:

lcarus
07-17-2021, 09:28 AM
I'm as "woke" as any leftist. I'm all for removing derogatory names. Washington was derogatory ("Redskins"). Cleveland's baseball team is questionable, since only white people call them "Indians", but the old Indians mascot was DEFINITELY derogatory. But Atlanta Braves and Kansas City Chiefs are not derogatory, they are celebratory. The names should stay, as should "Arrowhead" (which has nothing derogatory about it at all). That stupid-ass chanting and tomahawk chop, though, that's pretty bad.

Now, Gary Glitter, on the other hand, was a child molester. So, yeah, let's not go with that one.

Gary Glitter is a dirtbag for sure, but there's other versions of that song that used to be played. People could "MeToo" every other rock and rap artist that have songs played in arenas, grocery stores, bars, and everywhere else music is played in public. As long as the song itself is ok, I don't really see the problem. 99% of people probably don't even know who Gary Glitter is when they hear that song.

BigRedChief
07-17-2021, 09:32 AM
Which is probably why they took the sign down. To add the GEHA part or some sort of redesign. I'm sure that it too. But, its still a big step in the commercial branding of our stadiums team.

DJJasonp
07-17-2021, 09:35 AM
Gary Glitter is a dirtbag for sure, but there's other versions of that song that used to be played. People could "MeToo" every other rock and rap artist that have songs played in arenas, grocery stores, bars, and everywhere else music is played in public. As long as the song itself is ok, I don't really see the problem. 99% of people probably don't even know who Gary Glitter is when they hear that song.

yep - I believe they played this at AFH back in the 80s...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DsAVx0u9Cw4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jewish Rabbi
07-17-2021, 09:47 AM
I've had several interactions with him in person back in the day.

When?

Why Not?
07-17-2021, 09:54 AM
I'm sure that it too. But, its still a big step in the commercial branding of our stadiums team.

Yeah, it sucks.

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 09:57 AM
Arrowhead removed from the helmet and as a symbol of the team.

What?

eDave
07-17-2021, 10:02 AM
Talking Stick Resort Arena has been renamed to Footprint Center.

America West Arena -> US Airways Arena -> Talking Stick Resort Arena -> Footprint Center.

gblowfish
07-17-2021, 10:07 AM
That's right. Dollar signs....

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 10:24 AM
Absolutely a horrible change to our stadium. They have completely shit on the history of our team, all for money and to appease a bunch of worthless trolls like the KC Star.

lcarus
07-17-2021, 10:28 AM
We have bigger things going on. The sign is down. It's never BEEN down.

By the way, you totally can't blow the sign off the stadium. You're TOTALLY wrong about that, eDave.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLPIrp-C7io" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tyecopeland
07-17-2021, 10:31 AM
Absolutely a horrible change to our stadium. They have completely shit on the history of our team, all for money and to appease a bunch of worthless trolls like the KC Star.

Are you trolling? It almost assuredly is getting remade to say something like 'GEHA Field at Arrowhead'

eDave
07-17-2021, 10:40 AM

Seriously. Why not put the new Corp. logo inside the oval or something. This sucks. This is history erased and a move towards a new stadium. Kill the history and lore of Arrowhead...

Hammock Parties
07-17-2021, 10:48 AM
It's going to say GEHA FIELD at ARROWHEAD STADIUM

Who cares?

R Clark
07-17-2021, 10:49 AM

I guess I am asleep? Cause I damn sure not woke ,this whole country needs a kick in the nuts.jacking around with chiefs or arrowhead names deserve a double kick to the nuts.

Bowser
07-17-2021, 10:52 AM
It was inevitable, really

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 10:53 AM
Are you trolling? It almost assuredly is getting remade to say something like 'GEHA Field at Arrowhead'

I don't give a **** what it says- you don't pull down the most iconic sign in KC for money and to appease idiots that don't even watch football.

It is ARROWHEAD Stadium. Period. A name that was given by our founder.

It is people like you that are part of the problem. You don't really care about the history of this stadium, and just go along with the woke crowd.

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead

Yep, that is the same. :shake:

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 10:54 AM

Who cares?

Chiefs fans that have been going there their entire life do.

cabletech94
07-17-2021, 10:55 AM
Okay okay. Which one of you guys is gonna have the arrowhead in your backyard? I mean can we share it on the weekends maybe?

/asking for a friend.

wazu
07-17-2021, 10:59 AM
All this time they never sold naming rights, and then when they do it's for something stupid. And for what? Do we know how much money they get? Googling around I found one estimate that put it at $10M to $140M total through 2030. Don't get it.

Hammock Parties
07-17-2021, 11:04 AM
adding a geha above arrowhead and creating a new logo is not that big a deal you pussies LMAO

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 11:04 AM
All this time they never sold naming rights, and then when they do it's for something stupid. And for what? Do we know how much money they get? Googling around I found one estimate that put it at $10M to $140M total through 2030. Don't get it.

I bet Chief's fans around the country can't wait to post in front of the new GEHA sign. :shake:

They did it so quietly that real Chief's fans don't even know about it yet. Word is spreading fast though.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 11:05 AM
I don't give a **** what it says- you don't pull down the most iconic sign in KC for money and to appease idiots that don't even watch football.

It is people like you that are part of the problem. You don't really care about the history of this stadium, and just go along with the woke crowd.

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead

Yep... it's a shame.

Yeah, it's a business and capitalism says if you make a jillion dollars two years in a row, then you're "stagnant", so you need to figure out a way to make 10 jillion dollars next year.

NFL games are already 50% commercials. NHL players are now wearing corporate logos on their helmets and even went as far as naming their conferences "Discover Central" last season. And then of course now you have in-game commercials instead of talking about the game.

Not to play "slippery slope" and say NFL jerseys will look like soccer soon enough, but I don't really have any faith they're going to highlight the ARROWHEAD and not the GEHA, and that kind of sucks.

But now they can pay Byron Pringle's salary every year by whoring out the name of the stadium... yay.

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 11:07 AM
adding a geha above arrowhead and creating a new logo is not that big a deal you pussies LMAO

Wrong- GEHA Field will be HUGE and Arrowhead, small below it. There are already concept art designs floating around.

Bugeater
07-17-2021, 11:12 AM
Talking Stick Resort Arena has been renamed to Footprint Center.

America West Arena -> US Airways Arena -> Talking Stick Resort Arena -> Footprint Center.

We've gone from Qwest Center>Centurylink Center>CHI Health Center

Yep... Our arena now sounds like a hospital.

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 11:12 AM
122802Yep... it's a shame.

Yeah, it's a business and capitalism says if you make a jillion dollars two years in a row, then you're "stagnant", so you need to figure out a way to make 10 jillion dollars next year.

NFL games are already 50% commercials. NHL players are now wearing corporate logos on their helmets and even went as far as naming their conferences "Discover Central" last season. And then of course now you have in-game commercials instead of talking about the game.

Not to play "slippery slope" and say NFL jerseys will look like soccer soon enough, but I don't really have any faith they're going to highlight the ARROWHEAD and not the GEHA, and that kind of sucks.

But now they can pay Byron Pringle's salary every year by whoring out the name of the stadium... yay.

GEHA will be the focus.

Bugeater
07-17-2021, 11:14 AM

I'm no sign expert by any means, but removal of the entire sign to add that seems excessive. But we shall see.

tyecopeland
07-17-2021, 11:20 AM

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead

They aren't doing it to appease anybody. They're doing it to make more money. Get a grip.

Halfcan
07-17-2021, 11:29 AM
They aren't doing it to appease anybody. They're doing it to make more money. Get a grip.

I am sure all the write-ups by the KC Star and other morons complaining about Arrowhead being offensive to Native Americans, had nothing to do with it. :doh!:

2 birds with 1 stone. Clark looks like he gave ground to the stupid woke crowd and also added many zeroes to his account.

Deberg_1990
07-17-2021, 11:31 AM
The GEHA at the CameroHead Mahomes field

Frazod
07-17-2021, 11:31 AM
The new field name is just awful. GEHA. Fuck me. Yeah, I know it's supposed to read as letters, but it looks like a nonsense word that rhymes with heehaw.

Heehaw Field. That's what rival fans will call it. I can see it now. :shake:

notorious
07-17-2021, 11:40 AM
Great.

When I see GEHA, I think GHEY.

GHEY Field at Arrowhead.

Surely no jokes will about from that.

Kiimo
07-17-2021, 11:43 AM
GEHA sucks.

But I've always thought the font on that sign was ugly as shit

RunKC
07-17-2021, 11:46 AM
You guys do realize that Clark Hunt himself has used money from his own pocket to pay to keep this team together right?

He shelled out the gauranteed money for the biggest contract of all time, he shelled out for an enormous contract for Frank Clark, he shelled out for Chris Jones, Tyrann Matheiu.

That’s why we can work the cap guys. It’s all about cash, not cap space. That’s how you keep a team together. There are a lot of teams like the Raiders for example who are cash poor and can’t do what we are able to do and that makes an enormous difference.

Yes Patrick is getting more money in Clark’s pocket, but covid disrupted that along with everything else.

I hate that we are doing this, but it’s going to help us win and that’s the goal

Ghey
07-17-2021, 11:48 AM
Great.

GHEY Field at Arrowhead.

Shit.

notorious
07-17-2021, 11:49 AM
Shit.

YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THIS.

WilliamTheIrish
07-17-2021, 12:06 PM
And I never thought you could top the absurdity of “Tigers Get David Price Royals Get Jack Shit”.

Halfcan

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead

Yep, that is the same.

. I bet Chief's fans around the country can't wait to post in front of the new GEHA sign.

They did it so quietly that real Chief's fans don't even know about it yet. Word is spreading fast though.

I am sure all the write-ups by the KC Star and other morons complaining about Arrowhead being offensive to Native Americans, had nothing to do with it.

2 birds with 1 stone. Clark looks like he gave ground to the stupid woke crowd and also added many zeroes to his account.

Always good to hear the well thought out rumination from the highly emotional Real Housewives Of Arrowhead.

sedated
07-17-2021, 12:16 PM
Lol what the shit does selling naming rights have to do with the woke left? LMAO

They could be taking it down to clean it for all we know, but some people have to lose their minds

Titty Meat
07-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Good to know Hunt sold out to the Chinese

-King-
07-17-2021, 12:26 PM
GEHA sucks.

But I've always thought the font on that sign was ugly as shit

This. I didn't even know people took pictures in front of it LMAO. Of all the things around the stadium to take a pic of...

-King-
07-17-2021, 12:29 PM
I am sure all the write-ups by the KC Star and other morons complaining about Arrowhead being offensive to Native Americans, had nothing to do with it. :doh!:

If it had anything to do with it, they would have gotten rid of the arrowhead part completely.

Can't believe you guys are bleeding this much over this. I'm not the biggest fan of the GEHA name but it literally doesn't matter, I'll always call the stadium Arrowhead stadium and do will everybody else. If Clark can get some scratch by charging a company to name the field, so what?

comochiefsfan
07-17-2021, 12:29 PM
Gross.

Was afraid it would happen.

-King-
07-17-2021, 12:32 PM
I'm no sign expert by any means, but removal of the entire sign to add that seems excessive. But we shall see.

Look at it, the ARROWHEAD takes up basically the whole sign. Gotta take it down in order to make a new sign that will accommodate the whole name.

And plus, it was an ugly outdated sign anyway :)

TwistedChief
07-17-2021, 12:45 PM
Great.

GHEY Field at Arrowhead.

Do you want to come out of the closet and share your deepest insecurity?

TwistedChief
07-17-2021, 12:46 PM
If it had anything to do with it, they would have gotten rid of the arrowhead part completely.

Can't believe you guys are bleeding this much over this. I'm not the biggest fan of the GEHA name but it literally doesn't matter, I'll always call the stadium Arrowhead stadium and do will everybody else. If Clark can't get some scratch by charging a company to name the field, so what?

This.

Will have virtually zero impact on all of our lives.

Bob Dole
07-17-2021, 01:09 PM

Who cares?

Is it going to say that in that awesome 1970s font? I care.

Bob Dole
07-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Look at it, the ARROWHEAD takes up basically the whole sign. Gotta take it down in order to make a new sign that will accommodate the whole name.

And plus, it was an ugly outdated sign anyway :)

Oh. You're one of those "anything new is better" people.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2021, 01:17 PM
I'd be OK with it if the sponsor they finally break down for wasn't fucking GEHA. Jfc what a damn joke....

-King-
07-17-2021, 01:17 PM
Oh. You're one of those "anything new is better" people.

Oh you're one of those "I have no reading comprehension people".

kysirsoze
07-17-2021, 01:25 PM
All this time they never sold naming rights, and then when they do it's for something stupid.

I'm glad it's something stupid and forgettable that no one knows how to pronounce. Means people will just keep calling it Arrowhead. No one who isn't paid to or isn't trolling Broncos fans calls Mile High "Empower Field". If it was like Google Field at Arrowhead that would stick.

DaFace
07-17-2021, 01:28 PM
This seems like a lot of angst when we don't even know what the replacement is going to look like.

Spott
07-17-2021, 01:35 PM
The new field name is just awful. GEHA. Fuck me. Yeah, I know it's supposed to read as letters, but it looks like a nonsense word that rhymes with heehaw.

Hyvee field would have been easier to say than geha. It seems like an odd sponsor considering that hardly anybody even knows what geha is.

Dartgod
07-17-2021, 01:37 PM
I couldn't care less what they call it as long as the team on the field is winning Super Bowls.

It's also funnier than shit to see Halfcan lose his ever-loving mind over it. ROFL

Hammock Parties
07-17-2021, 01:38 PM

That sign is old as fuck. It was probably time to replace it anyway.

I'm sure they're not getting rid of that iconic Arrowhead logo. Just updating it.

Sorce
07-17-2021, 01:51 PM
I've been to arrowhead many times, most of the time I don't even go in. I get there early to stare at the sign. This is an outrage, I'm not gonna pay my $300 parking fee ever again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
07-17-2021, 01:58 PM
hopefully we get this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6hWvRgWYAM9hqw?format=jpg&name=large

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 02:01 PM
Remove 'stadium'... it's cleaner.

Hammock Parties
07-17-2021, 02:10 PM
I'd like to see the ARROWHEAD text given a curve to match the sign.

stevieray
07-17-2021, 02:25 PM

If Arrowhead is on the bottom, it will have to be below those beams, which will most likely make it a smaller sized font.

My guess is the top image.

sedated
07-17-2021, 02:36 PM
I'm glad it's something stupid and forgettable that no one knows how to pronounce. Means people will just keep calling it Arrowhead. No one who isn't paid to or isn't trolling Broncos fans calls Mile High "Empower Field". If it was like Google Field at Arrowhead that would stick.

This is true. Its either unpronounceable or takes too much effort to say G-E-H-A. Almost like the Chiefs planned it to keep people saying "Arrowhead" as the main name.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 02:41 PM
I still Google "Sandstone KC" because they change the name every 3 months and I'd otherwise have no idea what it's called.

It'll be a lot like that, for sure.

Rainbarrel
07-17-2021, 02:51 PM
It's okay, pigeons will roost on the new sign too.

Spott
07-17-2021, 02:58 PM
I still Google "Sandstone KC" because they change the name every 3 months and I'd otherwise have no idea what it's called.

It'll be a lot like that, for sure.

Up until I read your post, I still thought it was called Sandstone.

Frazod
07-17-2021, 03:11 PM
Hyvee field would have been easier to say than geha. It seems like an odd sponsor considering that hardly anybody even knows what geha is.

GEHA has billions to throw around on shit like naming stadiums that HyVee doesn't.

McDonald's would have been a better choice. At least the colors match. :D

srvy
07-17-2021, 03:15 PM
They wouldn't need to take the back of that scoreboard down to repaint it. That would be done while its affixed. My guess is improvements to the board altogether.

srvy
07-17-2021, 03:16 PM
I hope its not some stupid 3d billboard of something like that.

Just now looking at the op picture it's back is not off that's scaffolding for stripping and painting. So I guess we will see what's up.

BigRedChief
07-17-2021, 03:52 PM
I've been to arrowhead many times, most of the time I don't even go in. I get there early to stare at the sign.you know you can go to a Chiefs game without druging yourself catatonic, right?

Sorce
07-17-2021, 04:04 PM
you know you can go to a Chiefs game without druging yourself catatonic, right?

I do take a break at halftime to watch hillbillies bang on their car.

BigRedChief
07-17-2021, 04:08 PM
I do take a break at halftime to watch hillbillies bang on their car.

Sounds like a full day. :thumb:

PHOG
07-17-2021, 04:08 PM
The sign...its gone? That's bullshit!

TrebMaxx
07-17-2021, 04:25 PM
I think I will just wait and see what the finished product is before I decide to become enraged or pleased.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 04:25 PM
GEHA has billions to throw around on shit like naming stadiums that HyVee doesn't.

McDonald's would have been a better choice. At least the colors match. :D

https://www.arrowheadwater.com/sites/g/files/xknfdk1151/files/styles/product_image/public/2021-04/Arrowhead_FamilyShot_Still.png

sedated
07-17-2021, 04:31 PM
They sponsor a hockey stadium, right?

I'm not sure if they would get their money's worth if they paid to change Arrowhead Stadium to Arrowhead Water Field at Arrowhead Stadium.

Jewish Rabbi
07-17-2021, 04:33 PM

I'm not sure if they would get their money's worth if they paid to change Arrowhead Stadium to Arrowhead Water Field at Arrowhead Stadium.

Honda took over the naming rights to the Ducks’ arena in 2006.

And I don’t think Nestle needs to worry about money.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 04:38 PM

They could just keep it "Arrowhead Stadium", but use their logo, which would look good around the stadium... and of course be the official bottled water supplier.

It's not like most people are going to Google whatever the hell "GEHA" is (I know what it is).

Bob Dole
07-17-2021, 04:39 PM
Oh you're one of those "I have no reading comprehension people".

“ And plus, it was an ugly outdated sign anyway”

Pretty straightforward.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Up until I read your post, I still thought it was called Sandstone.

Sandstone Center for the Performing Arts (original name from 1983 to 1993)
Sandstone Amphitheater (1993 to 2002, 2008)
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone
Cricket Wireless Amphitheater
Providence Medical Center Amphitheater
Azura Amphitheater (current name)

srvy
07-17-2021, 04:59 PM
The 2021 season marks the first year of GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium and the club has now officially unveiled the new logo for GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, a visible representation of a partnership that pairs two national brands which are headquartered locally and share a deep respect and appreciation for Chiefs Kingdom and the Kansas City community. When the season kicks off in September, fans will see new branding and signage throughout the venue to reflect the expanded partnership between the Chiefs and GEHA, including the below logos, which are being deployed online and across the stadium's social media accounts now.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-2021-single-game-tickets-set-to-go-on-sale-thursday

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/chiefs/u1xnumbxevtedifrbbjn.jpg

flinchfree
07-17-2021, 05:05 PM
The 2021 season marks the first year of GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium and the club has now officially unveiled the new logo for GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, a visible representation of a partnership that pairs two national brands which are headquartered locally and share a deep respect and appreciation for Chiefs Kingdom and the Kansas City community. When the season kicks off in September, fans will see new branding and signage throughout the venue to reflect the expanded partnership between the Chiefs and GEHA, including the below logos, which are being deployed online and across the stadium's social media accounts now.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-2021-single-game-tickets-set-to-go-on-sale-thursday

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/chiefs/u1xnumbxevtedifrbbjn.jpg

Shoulda called fiverr, would have given them 3 decent logo mockups for $120....

-King-
07-17-2021, 05:23 PM
“ And plus, it was an ugly outdated sign anyway”

Pretty straightforward.

That =/= that I think that new things are automatically better. Just that the sign was ugly and outdated and could have used a replacement. I don't even know what the replacement is to know if it will be better and worse. You guys are the ones menstruating without even knowing what they'll put back up there.

Frazod
07-17-2021, 05:28 PM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/181bfce591a037b81011d6012bfc9d85/e01541db033ff989-ac/s400x600/844bbfbb9c3ca694e680de90f4ac64ca15b5845c.gifv

ChiefsCountry
07-17-2021, 05:42 PM

That is why they are sponsoring it to get brand recognition.

srvy
07-17-2021, 06:02 PM

and the scratch

https://i.redd.it/4aajhkfumhp51.gif
https://thirdandgirldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/cash.gif?w=386&h=217
https://media3.giphy.com/media/14SAx6S02Io1ThOlOY/giphy.gif

stevieray
07-17-2021, 06:03 PM
Called it.

TwistedChief
07-17-2021, 06:09 PM
and the scratch

https://i.redd.it/4aajhkfumhp51.gif
https://thirdandgirldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/cash.gif?w=386&h=217
https://media3.giphy.com/media/14SAx6S02Io1ThOlOY/giphy.gif

Thank you for putting into gifs why a corporation would want brand recognition. That was helpful to see visually.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 06:09 PM

They're a nonprofit with revenue in the range of $4.5 billion.

TribalElder
07-17-2021, 06:35 PM
Brought to you by Carl’s Jr

petegz28
07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Brought to you by Carl’s Jr

It has what football craves….electrolytes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jewish Rabbi
07-17-2021, 07:16 PM
It has what football craves….electrolytes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Bill has gotten some extra electrolytes in a Carl’s Jr. bathroom

BigRedChief
07-17-2021, 09:20 PM
They're a nonprofit with revenue in the range of $4.5 billion.when you sponsor the naming of a stadium, that stretches the meaning of “non-profit” doesn’t it?

It’s 2021. A totally different era from when a non-profit was the Red Cross or the Local homeless shelter.

Jewish Rabbi
07-17-2021, 09:35 PM
when you sponsor the naming of a stadium, that stretches the meaning of “non-profit” doesn’t it?

It’s 2021. A totally different era from when a non-profit was the Red Cross or the Local homeless shelter.

Almost all non-profits have marketing budgets.

jettio
07-17-2021, 09:51 PM
Whup-dee-damn-doo.

Some people must love early 1970s graphic design.

I wonder if the folks crying the loudest have avocado green kitchens and bathrooms.

Bearcat
07-17-2021, 09:58 PM
when you sponsor the naming of a stadium, that stretches the meaning of “non-profit” doesn’t it?

Oh, I'm sure it's about money one way or another... but, also pretty sure a company that's been around a hundred years and now makes $4.5 billion in revenue without any name recognition would suddenly now be seeking name recognition.

KChiefs1
07-17-2021, 10:19 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/4cQSQYz0a9x9S/giphy.gif

KChiefs1
07-17-2021, 10:19 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/cyQXvx6OoSDTjukfLJ/giphy.gif

KChiefs1
07-17-2021, 10:21 PM
I’ll always call it Arrowhead.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/lnz5AsSJTwnkusAOJe/giphy.gif

Bob Dole
07-17-2021, 10:42 PM
Whup-dee-damn-doo.

I wonder if the folks crying the loudest have avocado green kitchens and bathrooms.

Sea foam, thank you.

Paniero
07-17-2021, 10:56 PM
A part of my childhood is now gone. Some things are missed more than others, and this sign was a fixture of my life growing up in East KC.

eDave
07-17-2021, 11:05 PM

You just slept ON Sean Parker.

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2021, 11:11 PM
That’s pretty ****ing GHEA.

-King-
07-17-2021, 11:40 PM
Whup-dee-damn-doo.

If those folks could read/had reading comprehension, they'd be crying into their shag carpets reading this post..

Titty Meat
07-18-2021, 02:43 AM
Me and my boy are going to spit roast Prison Bitch at a tailgate this season

Otter
07-18-2021, 03:35 AM
We got to see 2 Super Bowls before the cancer hit Arrowhead.

Flying High D
07-18-2021, 03:57 AM
Wish Fun House Pizza would of been awarded the naming rights.

Bugeater
07-18-2021, 06:33 AM
I think I will just wait and see what the finished product is before I decide to become enraged or pleased.You're not going to fit in very well around here with that attitude.

Otter
07-18-2021, 06:44 AM
You're not going to fit in very well around here with that attitude.

Kick his ass, Seabass!!!

Bugeater
07-18-2021, 06:52 AM
Kick his ass, Seabass!!!Sorry, too busy freaking out about what may/may not happen with the Arrowhead sign!

listopencil
07-18-2021, 07:04 AM

Nah. It's going to be GHEY field at Camarohead Stadium.

InChiefsHeaven
07-18-2021, 07:15 AM
I remember making fun of the Donx because of Invesco Field at Mile High...fuuuuhhhhh...

Flying High D
07-18-2021, 08:02 AM
Gehagina field at less than terrorfield

gblowfish
07-18-2021, 08:03 AM
GEEEE HAW!

Kiimo
07-18-2021, 10:18 AM
It's hilarious people are somehow blindsided by the changing of the name of Arrowhead, a fact announced four months ago

Easy 6
07-18-2021, 10:30 AM
The sign...its gone? That's bullshit!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QL1uocoRgnM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Brasky
07-18-2021, 11:36 AM
If it gives the front office confidence to continue making record breaking deals and winning Super Bowls, then they can put a big picture of Clark Hunt’s crank on the sign for all I care.

cmh6476
07-18-2021, 12:03 PM
It's still sandstone to me, too

Pasta Little Brioni
07-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Absolutely horrible.

Hee Haw field...can't wait

BossChief
07-18-2021, 12:16 PM
It could be worse and this change is pretty inconsequential.

Not a fan of any of those, but it’s not important enough to get worked up about.

Spott
07-18-2021, 12:20 PM
It's still sandstone to me, too

Yep. Haven’t been there in forever, but it’s still the place where I saw The Cult open for Metallica in 89 and Clash of the Titans a few years later.

SuperBowl4
07-18-2021, 12:21 PM
They can call it whatever they want. It will always be ARROWHEAD STADIUM to me.

Jewish Rabbi
07-18-2021, 12:32 PM
Yep. Haven’t been there in forever, but it’s still the place where I saw The Cult open for Metallica in 89 and Clash of the Titans a few years later.

Can I get some Altoids, Grandpa?

Spott
07-18-2021, 12:37 PM

I would, but I left them at Billay’s mom’s house.

Bugeater
07-18-2021, 01:31 PM
Can I get some Altoids, Grandpa?My first concert was Styx in 1983. Now get off my damn lawn!

Kiimo
07-18-2021, 01:36 PM
My first concert was seeing John Schneider from Dukes of Hazard sing Elvis songs at Worlds of Fun.

Even as a child I could recognize he was terrible

Bugeater
07-18-2021, 01:37 PM
My first concert was seeing John Schneider from Dukes of Hazard sing Elvis songs at Worlds of Fun.

Even as a child I could recognize he was terribleThoughts and prayers.

stevieray
07-18-2021, 01:40 PM
First concert for me was Jesse Colin Young @ Cowtown Ballroom in 1974.

Bugeater
07-18-2021, 01:42 PM
First concert for me was Jesse Colin Young @ Cowtown Ballroom in 1974.:skip:

tyecopeland
07-18-2021, 02:18 PM

See if these old farts have any Werthers hard candies lying around.

Frazod
07-18-2021, 02:39 PM
My first concert was Ronny Milsap, Tammy Wynette and the Statler Brothers at the Jeff City high school gymnasium in 1975 when I was 10. Won the tickets off a local AM radio station. Went by myself because nobody I knew (including my mom) liked country music. Hell, I wasn't even a big country fan, but that was the first thing I ever won, by God I was going to go.

It was actually a pretty damned good show.

Deberg_1990
07-18-2021, 02:53 PM
Wish Fun House Pizza would of been awarded the naming rights.

Hi-Boy Field would work.

jettio
07-18-2021, 03:01 PM
Sea foam, thank you.

Sea foam is okay. When I was in the Navy, the engine room and machinery spaces where painted sea foam on the idea that it kept people calm.

Bowser
07-18-2021, 03:26 PM
Mahomes' House at Arrowhead

opportunity missed

Bowser
07-18-2021, 03:26 PM
And this means that prices of food, drink and merch should be about 30-40% less starting this season. Right?

Dartgod
07-18-2021, 05:44 PM
And this means that prices of food, drink and merch should be about 30-40% less starting this season. Right?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/XOywjQnU8R89q/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ktm27autvo8b4kfjze8wijagnl27nxuextvglayx&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Fish
07-19-2021, 12:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/qzpkfm8.jpg

LoneWolf
07-19-2021, 02:28 AM
https://i.imgur.com/qzpkfm8.jpg

Where did you get a picture of Halfcan?

Nickhead
07-19-2021, 04:00 AM
i'll just place this here for ironies sake ;)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sWSO4BxJkVk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flying High D
07-19-2021, 06:05 AM
First they take the bucket from KFC, now the Arrowhead from GEHA Field.

neech
07-19-2021, 06:15 AM

Even as a child I could recognize he was terrible

https://media.giphy.com/media/DxLPLfzwZjGZq/giphy.gif

crayzkirk
07-19-2021, 07:51 AM
It's disappointing however times are changing. Just keep buying that NFL merchandise, $60 parking passes, $15 beers and $250 seats.

I can't wait for the new anthems before the game...

(I have no idea how much parking or tickets are)

Hoover
07-19-2021, 08:20 AM
It will probably say

This is GHEA in a large font
Then at Arrowhead is small font underneath it...,

Flying High D
07-19-2021, 08:29 AM
Hopefully if lucky, everything the NFL is will be listed on the sign.

Deberg_1990
07-19-2021, 08:42 AM
Just dome it in and call it

The GEHA at the Hyvee center. Done

BigRedChief
07-19-2021, 08:53 AM
Just dome it in and call it

The GEHA at the Hyvee center. Done2031 the Chiefs lease is up at Arrowhead. This naming rights expire too.

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?

LoneWolf
07-19-2021, 09:04 AM
2031 the Chiefs lease is up at Arrowhead. This naming rights expire too.

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?

I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.

BigRedChief
07-19-2021, 09:07 AM
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.

TribalElder
07-19-2021, 09:11 AM
Downtown stadium is such a terrible idea

xbarretx
07-19-2021, 09:19 AM
Someone dropped some nice change just to have me still call it Arrowhead.

#Sandstone!

nlm

BigRedChief
07-19-2021, 09:20 AM
Downtown stadium is such a terrible ideaEveryone hates the downtown idea for the Chiefs, except for business and civilian leaders who see it as a tool to ramp up downtown.

I just don't see it for the Chiefs. No tailgating? Thats not going to fly. Now the Royals....

Deberg_1990
07-19-2021, 09:28 AM
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.

Then do what other owners do, threaten to move…

displacedinMN
07-19-2021, 09:30 AM
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.

There is enough space to build, drop reconfigure stadiums and parking every 30 years.

Frazod
07-19-2021, 09:32 AM

While I'd hate to see Kauffman go, that makes much more sense than building a new football stadium downtown.

AdolfOliverBush
07-19-2021, 09:34 AM
2031 the Chiefs lease is up at Arrowhead. This naming rights expire too.

I'd like to see a new stadium that you take one glance at and think, "That was obviously inspired by the old Arrowhead".

Bearcat
07-19-2021, 09:39 AM
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.

Dear GEHA,
We received your check for naming rights, and we're going to need more money A lot more.

Hoover
07-19-2021, 09:45 AM
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas

Dayze
07-19-2021, 09:46 AM
the idea of a new stadium fascinates me. I love reading thoughts on the topic. location, dome, regular stadium etc. I think it's all interesting.

I would think that The Clarks are already thinking big picture on this / having discussions. 10 years seems like a long ways off, but for people like the Clarks....they think way ahead of the game.

I've bounced back and forth on the idea of a Dome or not. over the years I've come around to the idea. and I think from a $$ standpoint, having a dome would open up other revenue options throughout the year. woudln't surprise me at all anymore if a Dome was the route the they choose to go.

Frazod
07-19-2021, 09:51 AM
the idea of a new stadium fascinates me. I love reading thoughts on the topic. location, dome, regular stadium etc. I think it's all interesting.

I would think that The Clarks are already thinking big picture on this / having discussions. 10 years seems like a long ways off, but for people like the Clarks....they think way ahead of the game.

I've bounced back and forth on the idea of a Dome or not. over the years I've come around to the idea. and I think from a $$ standpoint, having a dome would open up other revenue options throughout the year. woudln't surprise me at all anymore if a Dome was the route the they choose to go.

I remember the original plans for the rolling canopy over the stadium, but I assume that's probably not doable now because of the additions they made.

Hoover
07-19-2021, 09:56 AM

Same here.

I don't think we will see a dome, but I so think we will see a retractable stadium because Clark will want to host a Super Bowl in KC, and the NFL would easily do so to honor Lamar.

AdolfOliverBush
07-19-2021, 10:04 AM
Same here.

I don't think we will see a dome, but I so think we will see a retractable stadium because Clark will want to host a Super Bowl in KC, and the NFL would easily do so to honor Lamar.

I'm imagining a retractable roof, that when opened leaves a hole in the shape of the arrowhead logo. And hire a team of engineers to figure out how to make it the loudest stadium possible whether the roof is open or not.

Hoover
07-19-2021, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I think its either going to be similar to Atlanta's stadium, or be a larger version of the Hokkaido stadium being built in Japan which basically has a rolling roof structure like Lamar envisioned. Which will give the fans a more open air setting which I think will be difficult to remove from KC.

https://www.hkdballpark.com/en/

BleedingRed
07-19-2021, 10:40 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/5gz6p2.gif

tyecopeland
07-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Curious. How much more do you think the Clarks could have gotten by letting them name the stadium GEHA Stadium or GEHA Arrowhead Staidum? Based on the images presented earlier in this thread, the prominence of GEHA wouldn't really change.

Bowser
07-19-2021, 11:07 AM
i'll just place this here for ironies sake ;)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sWSO4BxJkVk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>Welp, time to update the video. Only Soldier Field remains now.

I remember that game against the Broncos. Elway was such a complete pussy for pulling that, even if the old fart head ref went along with it. Lol

BleedingRed
07-19-2021, 11:12 AM
Welp, time to update the video. Only Soldier Field remains now.

I remember that game against the Broncos. Elway was such a complete pussy for pulling that, even if the old fart head ref went along with it. Lol

https://i.imgflip.com/5gzabs.gif

Deberg_1990
07-19-2021, 11:18 AM
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas

Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.

BleedingRed
07-19-2021, 11:24 AM
Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.

I will ONLY accept a new stadium if it is designed the EXACT same but with more seats.....

Kiimo
07-19-2021, 04:03 PM
I'm imagining a retractable roof, that when opened leaves a hole in the shape of the arrowhead logo.

That sounds bush league as hell.

Frazod
07-19-2021, 04:22 PM
Welp, time to update the video. Only Soldier Field remains now.

I'd sooner they sold the naming rights to Summer's Eve than mutilate the stadium the way the Bears did.

Flying High D
07-19-2021, 04:29 PM
I remember the original plans for the rolling canopy over the stadium, but I assume that's probably not doable now because of the additions they made.

Why do you think they took the sign down?

Sorce
07-19-2021, 04:40 PM
I'm imagining a retractable roof, that when opened leaves a hole in the shape of the arrowhead logo. And hire a team of engineers to figure out how to make it the loudest stadium possible whether the roof is open or not.Or one that looks like a butthole and the bigger the lead we get, it gets wider.

gblowfish
07-19-2021, 05:08 PM
The original bond issue vote in Jackson County for the Truman Sports Complex included a half pipe shaped "rolling roof" that would have been on railroad tracks. During rain (it would not have stopped cold) the roof would be rolled over the stadium being used. During good weather it would be parked in the section between the two stadiums. The roof is really what sold voters. Then as soon as they broke ground, all the construction unions went on strike and the cost of the project soared. They also didn't budget adequate funding for access roads, parking lots and parking lot lighting. So when you drive into Arrowhead now, you're basically driving on the roof. It would be astronomically expensive to build that rolling roof now, and it wouldn't do anything about the cold, so wouldn't serve the main purpose for football anyway.

gblowfish
07-19-2021, 05:10 PM
I'm also wondering if the Chiefs marketing weasels are going to get a sponsor for Andy's morning constitutional? "This morning's Andy Reid loaf pinch is sponsored by Charmin. Enjoy the go coach!"

BigRedChief
07-19-2021, 05:12 PM
New stadium will have a retractable roof. KC then gets a SB. The NFL would make it a Lamar Hunt love fest. Everyone’s happy.

It’s going to an easier sell to raise taxes if your economy at some point is going to get a $200-$300 million jolt of money and the prestige of hosting a SB. Without a roof, forget about a SB.

Dunerdr
07-20-2021, 04:38 AM
I'm also wondering if the Chiefs marketing weasels are going to get a sponsor for Andy's morning constitutional? "This morning's Andy Reid loaf pinch is sponsored by Charmin. Enjoy the go coach!"

More expensive yes, inflation, technology ect. But the quality of roof you could probably build now would probably be kick ass compared to what would have been built with the original plans. Imagine a game at the k in the rain, but not in the rain.

Dayze
07-20-2021, 06:59 AM
Or one that looks like a butthole and the bigger the lead we get, it gets wider.

Sasha Grey Stadium at Arrowhead Field.

GloryDayz
07-21-2021, 01:27 PM
https://pix-media.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/808/ScreenShot2014-09-09at11.45.37AM.png

TribalElder
07-25-2021, 10:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7Ij7eMWYAcCSgd?format=jpg&name=medium

displacedinMN
07-25-2021, 10:39 AM
Meh

Frazod
07-25-2021, 10:43 AM
:shake:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/XsUtdIeJ0MWMo/200.gif

wazu
07-25-2021, 10:43 AM
Yikes

CasselGotPeedOn
07-25-2021, 10:52 AM
Oof

Bowser
07-25-2021, 10:52 AM
That looks like shit

farmerchief
07-25-2021, 10:54 AM

Replace the G with a Y and E, end with a W, makes it sound better! :-)

ROYC75
07-25-2021, 11:16 AM
Why a ****ing Disgrace that is!

RealSNR
07-25-2021, 11:20 AM
It's on par with Incestco Field at Mile High in terms of trying to half-assedly say to the fans, "Look, we sold out, it's a business and all... but here, see it's still the same ol' stadium, just a little different, that's all!"

Whatever. We have Mahomes. I don't really care. With Mahomes, the Chiefs could insult my mother and I'd still support them.

Bowser
07-25-2021, 11:28 AM
ARROWHEAD
at
GEHA Field

stevieray
07-25-2021, 11:45 AM
...the love of money illustrated.

Spott
07-25-2021, 12:05 PM
I don’t know what Jehas are, but I’m not going to buy any of them.

Jewish Rabbi
07-25-2021, 12:11 PM

Ok, now I'm FUCKING PISSED!!!

SuperBowl4
07-25-2021, 12:16 PM
This is so important in these current times we live in!

DaFace
07-25-2021, 12:26 PM
It's on par with Incestco Field at Mile High in terms of trying to half-assedly say to the fans, "Look, we sold out, it's a business and all... but here, see it's still the same ol' stadium, just a little different, that's all!"

Whatever. We have Mahomes. I don't really care. With Mahomes, the Chiefs could insult my mother and I'd still support them.Yep.

Halfcan
07-25-2021, 12:30 PM
That looks like shit

Yep, figured it would.

flinchfree
07-25-2021, 01:54 PM
Whatever.

TomBarndtsTwin
07-25-2021, 01:57 PM
Looks pretty gay . . . . . . . . . a

KCbroncoHATER
07-25-2021, 02:06 PM
GEEHAA FIELD.

Haha.

eDave
07-25-2021, 02:15 PM
Looks fine and as expected. Though I'd have opted for @.

rtmike
07-25-2021, 02:24 PM
I've had several interactions with him in person back in the day. I've had multiple people speak with him on behalf of Arrowhead South and Arrowhead Kingdom that he works with as the President doing "Chiefs stuff" .

From my personal experience back in the day and the recent 2nd hand experience the last 3-4 years......... the guy is a real conceited asshole that only provides lip service to the fans. He only cares about the "fans" as a way to make himself look better and the Chiefs richer.

When I met Clark up in Seattle when they only had one elevator working, he bee lined straight to me when I said, "Hey, Mr. Hunt"

Donovunt rode in our elevator and I was carrying on to my buddy how cool that just was and caught a glimpse of dude in corner looking straight ahead entire time with chiefs lapel pin on. I knew it was him but hoped he'd come forward to say hi to us or something. I immediately thought him to be a putz as we disembarked elevator.

He avoided us big time and here I was decked out in decades worth of chiefs gear.

That's OK, Clark was super cool....small hands, lol.

GayFrogs
07-25-2021, 02:29 PM
So the grass is called GEHA but the building is named arrowhead. I can live with that.

KCUnited
07-25-2021, 03:13 PM
I don't care one way or another but I'd rather they just do away with "Arrowhead" if we're just going to minimize it to barely anything.

Kevorkian that motherfucker while it still has some dignity.

BigRedChief
07-25-2021, 04:34 PM
That looks like shitthey pay millions of dollars but, they can’t get a competent graphics guy?

bdj23
07-25-2021, 04:46 PM
That's absolutely terrible.

Raiderhater
07-25-2021, 04:57 PM
New stadium will have a retractable roof. KC then gets a SB. The NFL would make it a Lamar Hunt love fest. Everyone’s happy.

It’s going to an easier sell to raise taxes if your economy at some point is going to get a $200-$300 million jolt of money and the prestige of hosting a SB. Without a roof, forget about a SB.

I’m more concerned with winning Super Bowls than I am with hosting them.

tyecopeland
07-25-2021, 05:10 PM
I bet it will look better after the scaffolding gets taken down.

eDave
07-25-2021, 05:26 PM
I bet it will look better after the scaffolding gets taken down.

Is it even done? Are we critiquing an incomplete work?

Red Dawg
07-25-2021, 05:32 PM
Who cares? Get another fucking title and break Bradys legs along the way.

Halfcan
07-25-2021, 05:44 PM
they pay millions of dollars but, they can’t get a competent graphics guy?

Should have called Stevie Ray.

srvy
07-25-2021, 05:47 PM
Should have called Stevie Ray.

This

displacedinMN
07-25-2021, 07:11 PM
Forever Arrowhead

BigRedChief
07-25-2021, 07:31 PM
Dude on Facebook using paint did a better one. Imagine what they could have done if they had went to Stevie Ray and had him design one.

GloryDayz
07-25-2021, 08:50 PM

They can't be serious. OMG that's ugly...

Bowser
07-25-2021, 09:00 PM
Looks fine and as expected. Though I'd have opted for @.

It looks like shit. STFU

sd4chiefs
07-25-2021, 09:01 PM
:banghead:

tyecopeland
07-25-2021, 09:49 PM
Is it even done? Are we critiquing an incomplete work?

No idea. But if that's a legit photo I can't imagine there's much room for anything else.

Also, I don't have any problems with it. I'm assuming geha paid enough money to be put in a bigger font.

flinchfree
07-25-2021, 11:47 PM
Placement and size of text suggests there more verbiage on the sign to come....
Perhaps "Home of the Chiefs"?

eDave
07-25-2021, 11:51 PM
It looks like shit. STFU

Why don't you go complain about it on the internet.

srvy
07-26-2021, 12:23 AM
Placement and size of text suggests there more verbiage on the sign to come....
Perhaps "Home of the Chiefs"?

I don't know about that as they would have to fit it between those column Stanchions. That would look even worse than it already is. I suppose they could put something above what's there and piss off GEHA.

Nope think what you see is about it. Maybe some mustard yellow highlighting and trim.

srvy
07-26-2021, 12:26 AM
I hope like hell they aren't going to paint that GEHA all over our turf.

flinchfree
07-26-2021, 12:46 AM
I don't know about that as they would have to fit it between those column Stanchions. That would look even worse than it already is. I suppose they could put something above what's there and piss off GEHA.

Nope think what you see is about it. Maybe some mustard yellow highlighting and trim.

You're likely right, I wasn't thinking about the supporting stanchions blocking out the lower half of the sign...

eDave
07-26-2021, 12:55 AM
You're likely right, I wasn't thinking about the supporting stanchions blocking out the lower half of the sign...

Start putting the rings on there, there. They will need to be small so they all fit.

stevieray
07-26-2021, 07:35 AM

Your mind's "eye" would fill in the "blanks".

Joe
07-26-2021, 07:39 AM
sad

prostitute like even

Think about this... you're paying the prostitute.

End of day, sports, even college is about money, YOUR money.

ChiefBlueCFC
07-26-2021, 07:43 AM
How in the world did I miss this?

so, instead of Arrowhead it's gonna say GEHA Field at Arrowhead?

GloryDayz
07-26-2021, 07:48 AM
Let's face it, it's ugly. So the team sold-out to one today's corporate money-grabs... It was bound to happen. And this isn't the end of it either, I'm sure there's a lot more to come.

ptlyon
07-26-2021, 08:05 AM
Should we fire up the CP machine to hire a plane to 5 o'clock Charlie the sign off of there?