PDA

View Full Version : Royals Witt promoted to Omaha (and driving across Nebraska really sucks)

allen_kcCard
07-18-2021, 09:25 PM
I saw in my fantasy news feed Witt Jr was promoted to AAA. How long before joining the bigs you all think?

Titty Meat
07-18-2021, 09:52 PM
I think Omaha is a pretty boring city

cosmo20002
07-18-2021, 10:49 PM
If Witt is looking for some meth, he should get in touch with livesteam.

Fish
07-18-2021, 10:52 PM
Great news. But let him brew. Get some experience. No need to rush it with this year's team. Let him build confidence.

BWillie
07-18-2021, 11:11 PM
I think Omaha is a pretty boring city

And just think, it's by far the best place that exists in Nebraska.

Titty Meat
07-18-2021, 11:16 PM
And just think, it's by far the best place that exists in Nebraska.

Someone hasnt been to Lincoln on game day

Bugeater
07-19-2021, 05:56 AM
And just think, it's by far the best place that exists in Nebraska.There is no "best place" in Nebraska.

Buehler445
07-19-2021, 07:55 AM
There is no "best place" in Nebraska.

Halfway between Sidney and Chadron might be the best place to bury bodies.

KC_Lee
07-19-2021, 07:56 AM

Nebraska is the only state that I have driven across and was better at night than during the day.

CasselGotPeedOn
07-19-2021, 08:08 AM

https://i.ibb.co/vcWhzjj/ezgif-com-gif-maker-3.gif

-King-
07-19-2021, 08:08 AM
This thread is hilarious LMAO

tredadda
07-19-2021, 08:14 AM
I think they should just let him finish the majority of the season in Omaha before bringing him up for some late season experience.

tredadda
07-19-2021, 08:14 AM
Nebraska is the only state that I have driven across and was better at night than during the day.

It's north Kansas. Both are horrific drives.

KC_Lee
07-19-2021, 09:00 AM

Driven across Kansas many times, both I-70 and US 36 and I can honestly say Nebraska is worse.

Nebraska is a worse drive than; west TN / east AR, northern MO (US 36 again), and southern KS (I-35 South) into OK and up IL via I54 North.

Titty Meat
07-19-2021, 10:06 AM
Driven across Kansas many times, both I-70 and US 36 and I can honestly say Nebraska is worse.

Nebraska is a worse drive than; west TN / east AR, northern MO (US 36 again), and southern KS (I-35 South) into OK and up IL via I54 North.

Because Nebraska drivers are the ****ing worst

KC_Lee
07-19-2021, 10:09 AM
Because Nebraska drivers are the ****ing worst

Well I was speaking from the standpoint of just how boring a drive it is to drive across Nebraska.

big nasty kcnut
07-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Soon!

Fansy the Famous Bard
07-19-2021, 11:56 AM

The Flint Hills are freaking beautiful. Your a moran.

lawrenceRaider
07-19-2021, 11:59 AM

Sure there is, it's as you cross the border heading anywhere else.

tredadda
07-19-2021, 12:00 PM
The Flint Hills are freaking beautiful. Your a moran.

I guess we have different ideas of what beautiful drives are.

lawrenceRaider
07-19-2021, 12:01 PM
I guess we have different ideas of what beautiful drives are.

If you don't find the Flint Hills to be beautiful, you don't enjoy the outdoors.

Fish
07-19-2021, 12:10 PM
Current Royals team would fucking ruin him anyway...

tredadda
07-19-2021, 12:26 PM
If you don't find the Flint Hills to be beautiful, you don't enjoy the outdoors.

Even if I prefer the Rocky Mountains or the Pacific Northwest?

Mama Hip Rockets
07-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Sorry to interrupt the debate on drives across Nebraska. But I, for one, am very excited about this Bobby Witt promotion.

Bugeater
07-19-2021, 12:35 PM
Sure there is, it's as you cross the border heading anywhere else.The Wyoming border did actually cross my mind after I typed that, only problem is I have to drive across Nebraska to get there...

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1626720200386!6m8!1m7!1seCve75W5zi8BdmTInXbYlg!2m2!1d41.17795754913454!2d-104.0577732189361!3f239.40609834530468!4f-6.215451807591336!5f1.6348471682583168" width="600" height="450" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy"></iframe>

CasselGotPeedOn
07-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Sorry to interrupt the debate on drives across Nebraska. But I, for one, am very excited about this Bobby Witt promotion.

Look at this guy trying to talk about Bobby Witt in a thread about Bobby Witt.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3o84sv2u7KSHKbwPza/giphy.webp

Bugeater
07-19-2021, 01:59 PM
Who the fuck is Bobby Witt?

BWillie
07-19-2021, 02:10 PM
This is the first thing good that has happened in Nebraska since I got my first handjob at a Creed concert.

Fansy the Famous Bard
07-19-2021, 02:46 PM
This is the first thing good that has happened in Nebraska since I got my first handjob at a Creed concert.

Cool, "Went to a creed concert" when i was 14.

... In the Flint Hills. The entire setting was glorious.

tredadda
07-19-2021, 03:07 PM
Cool, "Went to a creed concert" when i was 14.

... In the Flint Hills. The entire setting was glorious.

ROFL

kstater
07-19-2021, 03:09 PM
This is the first thing good that has happened in Nebraska since I got my first handjob at a Creed concert.It was nice of him to give you a reach around

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Coogs
07-20-2021, 06:52 AM
I saw in my fantasy news feed Witt Jr was promoted to AAA. How long before joining the bigs you all think?

Not sure what thread to post this in, as this one veered off topic pretty fast, but Nick Pratto was also promoted to Omaha. Omaha plays at 11 something this morning, and both may be in the lineup according to WDAF this morning.

https://digichat.info/2021/07/19/bobby-witt-jr-has-been-promoted-and-nick-pratto-to-triple-a-omaha/

Bugeater
07-20-2021, 08:23 AM
Ok, fixed the thread so it's easier to keep it on topic.

BUGEATER THE PROBLEM SOLVING MOD

Titty Meat
07-20-2021, 08:26 AM

Did u cum

Bugeater
07-20-2021, 08:42 AM
Billay is banned from the thread for being creepy.

Bowser
07-20-2021, 08:52 AM
Billay is banned from the thread for being creepy.

*tear of pride runs down the cheeks of the mods*

duncan_idaho
07-20-2021, 08:57 AM
I just wanted to say, in honor of Cali boy Nick Pratto, that driving through his birthplace of Huntington Beach, CA on the Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible does NOT suck.

Pratto and Witt should be in Omaha for at least a month. I'd guess if they dominate/perform well, they get September call ups when the roster expands to 28.

morphius
07-20-2021, 08:59 AM
I remember driving across NE to CO a couple of times, driving in the Platte river valley there made it feel like there wasn't a hill from Lincoln till the border. At least in KS you get the flint hills.

morphius
07-20-2021, 09:00 AM
Pratto and Witt should be in Omaha for at least a month. I'd guess if they dominate/perform well, they get September call ups when the roster expands to 28.

Yup, that is what I would expect.

allen_kcCard
07-20-2021, 09:05 AM
I am guessing what they do with Witt depends some on Mondesi. If he comes back and gets hurt again and they shut him down, I think Witt will get a shot at SS sooner than later to see what they have. Mondesi comes back and does well, I think they will keep Witt down more to try to see about Witt more at 3rd or elsewhere.

Bugeater
07-20-2021, 09:13 AM
I remember driving across NE to CO a couple of times, driving in the Platte river valley there made it feel like there wasn't a hill from Lincoln till the border. At least in KS you get the flint hills.Once you pass the I-76 junction, it's about a 3000 ft gain in elevation to the Wyoming border, so there is one hill.

tredadda
07-20-2021, 09:19 AM
Once you pass the I-76 junction, it's about a 3000 ft gain in elevation to the Wyoming border, so there is one hill.

Taking US 80 across Wyoming from Utah you actually go up quite a bit in elevation, but never know it because the landscape rarely changes. You even cross the continental divide and wouldn't realize it if there was no sign for it.

gblowfish
07-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Western Oklahoma and North Texas into New Mexico is pretty God Awful too...

KChiefs1
07-20-2021, 12:39 PM
Drove from Dallas to Roswell…you talk about a whole lot of nothing.

lawrenceRaider
07-20-2021, 01:02 PM
Even if I prefer the Rocky Mountains or the Pacific Northwest?

I didn't say other geographic options weren't better, but the Flint Hills is objectively beautiful in it's own right.

cmh6476
07-20-2021, 02:12 PM
I saw Sugar Ray and the Refreshments at a concert in Lincoln in the late 90s

BWillie
07-20-2021, 02:28 PM
I saw Sugar Ray and the Refreshments at a concert in Lincoln in the late 90s

I ****ed an Indian chick at a bowling alley when I had a 18-under junior golf tournament in North Platte. I think she only ****ed me because she was bored. Nothing to do there, so why not me?

Now that I look back at things, Nebraska actually isn't too bad. Cornfed wimmenz must love me iono. Maybe they can smell the ethanol oozing from my pores.

Bugeater
07-20-2021, 02:34 PM
I fucked an Indian chick at a bowling alley when I had a 18-under junior golf tournament in North Platte. I think she only fucked me because she was bored. Nothing to do there, so why not me?Nothing to do there...what the eff? North Platte just happens to be home of the Golden Spike Tower which overlooks the largest rail switching yard in the US!

https://goldenspiketower.com/bailey-yard/

HonestChieffan
07-20-2021, 02:55 PM

10 miles south of Gordon.

Dartgod
07-20-2021, 03:02 PM
The great state of Nebraska begat at least 2/9 of the mod team, so you fuckers should be grateful.

ptlyon
07-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Okay, but it's still nebraska.

Bugeater
07-20-2021, 03:55 PM
Okay, but it's still nebraska.You think you hate us now, wait until you visit.

tredadda
07-20-2021, 07:37 PM
I didn't say other geographic options weren't better, but the Flint Hills is objectively beautiful in it's own right.

I don't doubt it. I wasn't trying to imply that it is awful. I just stated that Kansas is an awful drive and Nebraska is like North Kansas and I was essentially pounced on because I didn't stand in awe of the majesty that is the Flint Hills.

Mizzou_8541
07-20-2021, 08:42 PM
Someone hasnt been to Lincoln on game day

Lincoln on game day is a great time. Did it twice as a Mizzou fan and I had a really awesome experience.

Frazod
07-21-2021, 09:53 AM
Taking US 80 across Wyoming from Utah you actually go up quite a bit in elevation, but never know it because the landscape rarely changes. You even cross the continental divide and wouldn't realize it if there was no sign for it.

Hmm.... I've made that drive going west, and there was a sign indicating we were crossing the divide. That was over 20 years ago, though. I assume somebody stole it and nobody noticed or gave enough of a shit to replace it.

Some general thoughts on driving:

Worst drive I've made is I-70 between Topeka and Denver.
Worst traffic is Washington DC, followed closely by New York City and Atlanta.
Most confusing place to drive is Boston.
Worst drivers are in California.
Suggested new state slogan for Nebraska - Better Than Kansas! They should put it on license plates.

gblowfish
07-21-2021, 10:47 AM
You think you hate us now, wait until you visit.
Concordia KS has a Nazi Prison Camp, so they've got that going for them.

cmh6476
07-21-2021, 11:07 AM
just bought tix to friday's game and to the zoo saturday

Otter
07-21-2021, 11:13 AM
Hmm.... I've made that drive going west, and there was a sign indicating we were crossing the divide. That was over 20 years ago, though. I assume somebody stole it and nobody noticed or gave enough of a shit to replace it.

Suggested new state slogan for Nebraska - Better Than Kansas! They should put it on license plates.

Worst traffic I've ever encountered was NYC and STL. I think that's what sparked me to move to bum fuck nowhere.

Drove through Kansas when I moved out to Colorado and I'll take empty and flat (high school girlfriend I haven't thought of in awhile) over chaos any day of the week.

Frazod
07-21-2021, 11:50 AM
Worst traffic I've ever encountered was NYC and STL. I think that's what sparked me to move to bum fuck nowhere.

Drove through Kansas when I moved out to Colorado and I'll take empty and flat (high school girlfriend I haven't thought of in awhile) over chaos any day of the week.

Atlanta was just nuts. We were staying at a hotel near the ballpark (the wife is a huge Braves fan) and I wanted to visit Stone Mountain (before it eventually gets sandblasted). It was about a 20 mile drive, on I-285 and U.S. Highway 78, which is four lanes, on a Saturday. Should have plenty of time, I foolishly thought. But the entire drive, there and back, was like Monday morning rush hour in Chicago. Because we had tickets to the game that night, we could only stay in Stone Mountain for about half an hour before having to go back. Ended up being stuck in shitty traffic for nearly four hours. I thought I was going to have a psychotic break. And this was with no construction and no accidents that I saw. On a fucking Saturday.

I'll never drive in that area again. The next time we went down we took a cab from the airport to the Omni Hotel by the ballpark and just walked everywhere.

Bugeater
07-21-2021, 11:52 AM

Better than Kansas? LMAO That's debatable...maybe comparable to?

tredadda
07-21-2021, 12:53 PM

Nope, that sign is legit. Just made that drive East going from Washington to Colorado and it was there. Surprised me as there were no mountains in site.

Frazod
07-21-2021, 12:54 PM
Nope, that sign is legit. Just made that drive East going from Washington to Colorado and it was there. Surprised me as there were no mountains in site.

I must have misread your post.

backinblack
07-21-2021, 01:04 PM
glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Nebraska just may be the most boring state to drive across, although the vastness of West Texas gives it a run for it's money.

Frazod
07-21-2021, 01:19 PM
glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Nebraska just may be the most boring state to drive across, although the vastness of West Texas gives it a run for it's money.

I don't mind long drives of nothingness as long as there's interesting views to break up the monotony. The drive between Denver and Los Angeles is mostly nothing, but it even the truly empty parts were interesting. Colorado west of Denver is pretty much stunning the entire way, Utah is like being on another planet, and while I'm sure the deserts of Nevada and eastern California would get dull in a hurry, it was so completely different from anything I'd seen before it was still interesting. The thing about Kansas is that it's empty and there's nothing to look at - just wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward a high horizon, which, when finally reached, reveals more wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward another high horizon, hour after hour after hour. I assume it's better now that speed limits are higher. The drive between Chicago and various points in Missouri that I've made a thousand times is fairly awful, but now that I can safely traverse it at 80 MPH it doesn't suck nearly as much.

Never been to Texas.

tredadda
07-21-2021, 01:36 PM
I don't mind long drives of nothingness as long as there's interesting views to break up the monotony. The drive between Denver and Los Angeles is mostly nothing, but it even the truly empty parts were interesting. Colorado west of Denver is pretty much stunning the entire way, Utah is like being on another planet, and while I'm sure the deserts of Nevada and eastern California would get dull in a hurry, it was so completely different from anything I'd seen before it was still interesting. The thing about Kansas is that it's empty and there's nothing to look at - just wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward a high horizon, which, when finally reached, reveals more wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward another high horizon, hour after hour after hour. I assume it's better now that speed limits are higher. The drive between Chicago and various points in Missouri that I've made a thousand times is fairly awful, but now that I can safely traverse it at 80 MPH it doesn't suck nearly as much.

Never been to Texas.

Texas has vast amounts of nothing. Be glad you have been able to avoid driving through there. I do agree that Colorado (minus east Colorado, which is basically west Kansas) and Utah are amazing drives.

InChiefsHeaven
07-22-2021, 06:03 AM
Better than Kansas? LMAO That's debatable...maybe comparable to?

Fine, how about "Better than Iowa".

allen_kcCard
07-22-2021, 07:43 AM
This thread didn't really go the direction I hoped for.

RockChalk
07-22-2021, 09:11 AM
This thread didn't really go the direction I hoped for.

You've been here long enough to know better

Frazod
07-22-2021, 11:29 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/thread-hijack.jpg

ChiefBlueCFC
07-22-2021, 12:17 PM
Not sure which is worse: driving through Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska or Iowa

Fansy the Famous Bard
07-22-2021, 12:34 PM

From personal experience, driving through your mom takes home first prize.

Oh. i went there.

Frazod
07-22-2021, 02:42 PM

Boring drives I've made multiple times, ranked from totally sucks to mostly sucks:

1. I-70 through Kansas (see earlier post). At least there's not much traffic.

2. I-70 through Eastern Colorado (see Kansas). Hell, it may actually be a bit worse.

3. I-55 through Illinois. Awful, boring, heavy traffic. Endless road construction during the summer.

4. I-70 through Missouri. Prettier country is the only positive. The road condition is dogshit and the traffic is horrible. I absolutely loathe I-70, and go out of my way to avoid it.

5. I-44 through Missouri. Generally a pretty drive. Road surface is horrible. Also, choked with the dumbest hillbilly fucks on earth endlessly driving slow in the fast lane.

6. I-80 through Iowa. Not nearly as flat and ugly as the others, but the traffic is horrible. Semis everywhere.

7. I-80 through Nebraska. At least you see things to break up the monotony. A good chunk of I-80 follows the Platte River, so there are at least some trees. Not much traffic.

8. I-90 through South Dakota. Mostly awful, until you hit the Black Hills, which are wonderful. High speed limits. Not much traffic.

I've only been in Oklahoma once, long enough to drop a friend off in Tulsa and return to Missouri. It was dark, so I didn't see a thing. However, I-44 turned into glass as soon as I crossed the border, there was no traffic, and I was driving my brand new '05 Mustang, which I'd had for about a week. I enjoyed the shit out of that. Also, I assume Oklahoma looks best when you can't see it.

scho63
07-22-2021, 03:19 PM
Until he makes it to the majors he will always be a halfwitt.

lewdog
07-22-2021, 04:53 PM
I just drove 1,200 miles from Phoenix to Montana. Actually a very pretty drive most of the way.

Frazod
07-22-2021, 05:00 PM
I just drove 1,200 miles from Phoenix to Montana. Actually a very pretty drive most of the way.

Yeah, I'll bet. I assume you went through Vegas and then took I-15 north? I've been on part of that when I drove from St. Louis to L.A.

lewdog
07-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I'll bet. I assume you went through Vegas and then took I-15 north? I've been on part of that when I drove from St. Louis to L.A.

Exactly right. To Vegas and I-15 up to Missoula. Just beautiful almost the entire way.

3rd time doing that drive in my life. The 3 year old in the backseat made each day a bit longer than previous trips. lol

Bugeater
07-22-2021, 05:16 PM
Boring drives I've made multiple times, ranked from totally sucks to mostly sucks:

1. I-70 through Kansas (see earlier post). At least there's not much traffic.

2. I-70 through Eastern Colorado (see Kansas). Hell, it may actually be a bit worse.

3. I-55 through Illinois. Awful, boring, heavy traffic. Endless road construction during the summer.

4. I-70 through Missouri. Prettier country is the only positive. The road condition is dogshit and the traffic is horrible. I absolutely loathe I-70, and go out of my way to avoid it.

5. I-44 through Missouri. Generally a pretty drive. Road surface is horrible. Also, choked with the dumbest hillbilly fucks on earth endlessly driving slow in the fast lane.

6. I-80 through Iowa. Not nearly as flat and ugly as the others, but the traffic is horrible. Semis everywhere.

7. I-80 through Nebraska. At least you see things to break up the monotony. A good chunk of I-80 follows the Platte River, so there are at least some trees. Not much traffic.

8. I-90 through South Dakota. Mostly awful, until you hit the Black Hills, which are wonderful. High speed limits. Not much traffic.

I've only been in Oklahoma once, long enough to drop a friend off in Tulsa and return to Missouri. It was dark, so I didn't see a thing. However, I-44 turned into glass as soon as I crossed the border, there was no traffic, and I was driving my brand new '05 Mustang, which I'd had for about a week. I enjoyed the shit out of that. Also, I assume Oklahoma looks best when you can't see it.I-44 in Oklahoma is amazing. I don't mind paying the tolls if it means having a driving surface like that one, there's nothing else like it anywhere I've been.

Frazod
07-22-2021, 05:36 PM
I-44 in Oklahoma is amazing. I don't mind paying the tolls if it means having a driving surface like that one, there's nothing else like it anywhere I've been.

The transition was amazing. Suddenly it almost felt like we weren't moving.

That's the best road I've ever driven on in my life. Better than brand new stuff up here.

stevieray
07-22-2021, 05:41 PM
I-44 in Oklahoma is amazing. I don't mind paying the tolls if it means having a driving surface like that one, there's nothing else like it anywhere I've been.

I just drove that about 6 mos ago. It is nice.

Don't risk running out of gas though, not much out there but rolling hills...

Bugeater
07-22-2021, 06:30 PM
I just drove that about 6 mos ago. It is nice.

Don't risk running out of gas though, not much out there but rolling hills...The Archway gift shop and rest area in Vinita is really cool and worth a stop, and yes, better gas up too because there ain't shit after that until Claremore.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1626999882546!6m8!1m7!1sraLyPp16nVt47kSIm_c6aA!2m2!1d36.62342560291224!2d-95.14763207178682!3f239.2817982612886!4f4.746803048432483!5f0.7820865974627469" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" width="600" height="450"></iframe>