PDA

View Full Version : Football Texans open to trading Deshaun Watson

Pages : [1] 2

Dante84
07-26-2021, 06:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GMFB</a>: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> are now willing to listen to offers on QB Deshaun Watson, per me and <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a>. But it will take a lot (as it should). <a href="https://t.co/aEQPMeFMe8">pic.twitter.com/aEQPMeFMe8</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1419629860759252992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For Deshaun Watson, the <a href="https://twitter.com/Texans?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Texans</a> price has been some combination of 5 high draft picks and starting caliber players, per two league executives.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1419632423034314761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dante84
07-26-2021, 06:55 AM
The Broncos should be all over this; but I hope he goes to the NFC. The AFC is already loaded with QB’s.

Also, he’s rapey.

stevieray
07-26-2021, 06:55 AM
LMAO

:

Dunerdr
07-26-2021, 06:57 AM
Oof. A few months ago maybe. With whats currently lingering i dont see it. It would never happen but fuck what if TN pulled it off?

Deberg_1990
07-26-2021, 06:59 AM
Washington football team is only a QB away….

Dante84
07-26-2021, 07:01 AM
Saints
Giants
Patriots
Colts
Broncos
Washington (but rapey stuff may not be good up there)

Think the Packers would swing a player swap for Rodgers? Does AR have a no-trade clause allowing him to veto?

Sassy Squatch
07-26-2021, 07:04 AM
LMAO Well, at least it paints a clearer picture of how seriously the NFL as a whole is taking his "off the field" issues. Talking heads seem to be content to sweep it under the rug

Rainbarrel
07-26-2021, 07:07 AM
Oof. A few months ago maybe. With whats currently lingering i dont see it. It would never happen but **** what if TN pulled it off?

Oilers fan?

Sassy Squatch
07-26-2021, 07:08 AM
If Washington and Philadelphia end up in a bidding war for him this could get interesting, though.

TEX
07-26-2021, 07:14 AM
Saints
Giants
Patriots
Colts
Broncos

Think the Packers would swing a player swap for Rodgers? Does AR have a no-trade clause allowing him to veto?

I think he lands in Philly or Miami. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Philly because they're in the NFC, and because of their draft capital and young QB (From the Houston Area) who would likely be part of the deal. Miami also has the young QB they could include.

Red Dawg
07-26-2021, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=Dante84;15755031]Saints
Giants
Patriots
Colts
Broncos

Think the Packers would swing a player swap for Rodgers? Does AR have a no-trade clause allowing him to veto?[/QUOTE

Philly...

Rogers? He would never go play for a shit team and the Texans have shit for him to work with. He would retire.

Dante84
07-26-2021, 07:19 AM
I think he lands in Philly or Miami. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Philly because they're in the NFC, and because of their draft capital and young QB (From the Houston Area) who would likely be part of the deal. Miami also has the young QB they could include.

Yep, good call on both of these

Rainbarrel
07-26-2021, 07:20 AM
Watson for Carr. David masturbates himself to death, on air.

oldman
07-26-2021, 07:40 AM

I'm with you on this take, but I lean a bit more to Miami because Watson is looking to hype his brand. That's much easier to to in Miami. If you fuck up in Philly, they throw batteries at you.

alpha_omega
07-26-2021, 07:40 AM
So, what about the legal business?

The Franchise
07-26-2021, 07:42 AM
Which city has the best at home masseuses?

Dunerdr
07-26-2021, 07:48 AM
Oilers fan?

Not at all. Just thinking if he had an actual play action game and those two wide outs.

Flying High D
07-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Doesn’t matter he flies them in to anal lube him.

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Anything less than 3x 1sts... and 2x 2nds is a steal

oldman
07-26-2021, 07:57 AM
Anything less than 3x 1sts... and 2x 2nds is a steal

Under normal circumstances, I might agree with you. But you have a toxic enviornment in Houston and the pending legal issues complicate things. Yes, he's fun to watch when he's on his game, but I see disaster happening sooner than later. He's not PMII.

smithandrew051
07-26-2021, 08:03 AM
I would be terrified to give up what it takes knowing what happened this offseason. This is going to be a Hail Mary for someone.

Hoover
07-26-2021, 08:06 AM
Green Bay trades Rogers to the Raiders for Carr, cause Adams wants to be reunited with his college QB.... hahahahaha

TribalElder
07-26-2021, 08:16 AM
Which of these scrap ass QB's will Denver end up over paying for

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 08:18 AM
O M G

How about Denver trades its future away. Has a sub par season, then Watson gets banned from the NFL year after!

Marcellus
07-26-2021, 08:20 AM
Ain't nobody giving Houston jack or shit until they KNOW what's going to happen with Watson long term. I can't see that happening this season.

O.city
07-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Ain't nobody giving Houston jack or shit until they KNOW what's going to happen with Watson long term. I can't see that happening this season.

Was coming to post this. No one is doing anything that substantial until it's cleared up.

BigRedChief
07-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Anything less than 3x 1sts... and 2x 2nds is a stealWe got a steal with Mahomes....

But, to be fair to the "experts", there was a lot of thought that he had a big arm but in no way was he considered by many analysts a for sure, cant miss, top NFL QB.

putting aside his off the field issues, Watson is now a proven top QB in the league. He should get the largest haul in league history.

Eleazar
07-26-2021, 08:27 AM
The amount of trade interest will probably tell us what league insiders think about his legal issues.

Titty Meat
07-26-2021, 08:29 AM
Make it happen Miami

ChiefBlueCFC
07-26-2021, 08:31 AM
Saints
Giants
Patriots
Colts
Broncos

If Rodgers thought the Packers front office was a train wreck...

fuck it, come on GB and Houston... fucking do it you bitches

BigRedChief
07-26-2021, 08:33 AM
Green Bay trades Rogers to the Raiders for Carr, cause Adams wants to be reunited with his college QB.... hahahahahaNo way around it, Rodgers in Denver or LV would be bad for us. We'd still win the division but one of those eventual losses could cost us HFA.

staylor26
07-26-2021, 08:47 AM
No way around it, Rodgers in Denver or LV would be bad for us. We'd still win the division but one of those eventual losses could cost us HFA.

Spoken like a true pussy.

Titty Meat
07-26-2021, 08:49 AM

I would beat you down with my fists and hold you down with my submission moves long after you've tapped out

smithandrew051
07-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Aren’t the Texans killing their leverage for a trade?

“We’re not trading Deshaun Watson!”

*Watson gets at least somewhat credibly accused of forcing multiple women to oil his butthole while he jerks off*

“We are open to trading Deshaun Watson”

TwistedChief
07-26-2021, 09:20 AM
Aren’t the Texans killing their leverage for a trade?

“We’re not trading Deshaun Watson!”

*Watson gets at least somewhat credibly accused of forcing multiple women to oil his butthole while he jerks off*

“We are open to trading Deshaun Watson”

They didn't kill their leverage for a trade; Watson killed their leverage.

Now they're hoping someone is desperate enough to take that baggage off their plate and give them a healthy return.

Red Dawg
07-26-2021, 09:24 AM
They don't have a choice. Watson, unlike Rogers, told everyone that he is done playing there. He even told their new HC to screw off.

KChiefs1
07-26-2021, 09:28 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GMFB</a>: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> are now willing to listen to offers on QB Deshaun Watson, per me and <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a>. But it will take a lot (as it should). <a href="https://t.co/aEQPMeFMe8">pic.twitter.com/aEQPMeFMe8</a></p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1419629860759252992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For Deshaun Watson, the <a href="https://twitter.com/Texans?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Texans</a> price has been some combination of 5 high draft picks and starting caliber players, per two league executives.</p>— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1419632423034314761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

John Elway should be on the phone right now.

Gravedigger
07-26-2021, 09:31 AM
Yeah Denver, trade away years of players and picks for someone that Mahomes has already proven he's better than on multiple occasions. I don't know why people fear Watson so much, he's already proven to be a choke artist similar to Lamar Jackson. I fear Herbert and the Chargers more than I fear Watson and the Donks/Raiders.

staylor26
07-26-2021, 09:40 AM
They’re “open” to trading Watson for some combination of 5 high draft picks or starting quality players….

TEX
07-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Yeah Denver, trade away years of players and picks for someone that Mahomes has already proven he's better than on multiple occasions. I don't know why people fear Watson so much, he's already proven to be a choke artist similar to Lamar Jackson. I fear Herbert and the Chargers more than I fear Watson and the Donks/Raiders.

I'm in agreement here.

AdolfOliverBush
07-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Legal issues aside, Watson is overrated. Not as overrated as Lamar Jackson, but close. Without Hopkins out there catching his arm punts, there's no way I'd want him as a franchise QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-26-2021, 09:43 AM
What about NE making a case for him

Dunerdr
07-26-2021, 09:45 AM
Watson in dever with those recievers would make some noise if they could get the Oline on track at all.

RunKC
07-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Okay how many good players in these situations actually fell out of football?

Tyreek? Nope
Kareem? Nope

Mike Vick was only in jail for like 550 days then he was back.

Clay Travis made a great point recently. The NFL’s covid policy is far tougher than their abuse policy.

If you’re good it doesn’t matter. And I think situations like Deshauns end up at worst in payouts and limited time for community service.

smithandrew051
07-26-2021, 10:03 AM
They didn't kill their leverage for a trade; Watson killed their leverage.

Now they're hoping someone is desperate enough to take that baggage off their plate and give them a healthy return.

Well obviously it’s Watson’s fault.

My point was more that they’re showing concern by publicly being open to a trade. I think they need to just hold him and hope for the best.

Maybe someone gets aggressive to pry him away or maybe he’s able to play.

I may well be wrong, but this strategy seems to signal concern with Watson. Changing their stance at this time seems to weaken their leverage.

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 10:09 AM
Legal issues aside, Watson is overrated. Not as overrated as Lamar Jackson, but close. Without Hopkins out there catching his arm punts, there's no way I'd want him as a franchise QB.

You would be wrong, he is actually pretty fucking good period.

FloridaMan88
07-26-2021, 10:12 AM
The problem for Watson and any team that wants to trade for him is that the criminal investigation won't play out until well into 2022 (and that doesn't even include the civil lawsuits).

If the NFL waits to hand out their punishment until Watson's criminal investigation is resolved then it will drag into next season as well.

And of course if the criminal investigation ends up in charges against Watson or if any new allegations surface then all bets are off.

Stryker
07-26-2021, 10:15 AM
Which city has the best at home masseuses?

Miami of course! Remember Robert Kraft before the 2019 AFC Championship game? LMAOLMAO

Dante84
07-26-2021, 10:16 AM
Guys, no one is Mahomes.

Watson is a top 5-6 QB.

1-Mahomes
2-Rodgers
3-Wilson
4-6- in any order, Watson/Allen/Brady

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 10:18 AM
Guys, no one is Mahomes.

Watson is a top 5-6 QB.

1-Mahomes
2-Rodgers
3-Wilson
4-6- in any order, Watson/Allen/Brady

Thats how I see it, plus he is 25.

AdolfOliverBush
07-26-2021, 11:18 AM
You would be wrong, he is actually pretty ****ing good period.

He puts up nice stats, but he's never accomplished a thing in the postseason, other than being a choke artist.

RealSNR
07-26-2021, 11:23 AM
Jack Easterby will probably ask for all those draft picks and players, but the best offer he'll receive will only be like one 1st round pick and maybe some change.

And he'll probably accept it. Because he's a stupid fucking weasel.

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 11:30 AM
He puts up nice stats, but he's never accomplished a thing in the postseason, other than being a choke artist.

I mean he was up 24-0 ..... ROFL

AdolfOliverBush
07-26-2021, 11:42 AM
I mean he was up 24-0 ..... ROFL

Yeah, then he lost by 20 points.

He's the Picasso of choke artists.

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 11:47 AM
Yeah, then he lost by 20 points.

He's the Picasso of choke artists.

I mean, lets be honest at least. His Head Coach was a moron.

AdolfOliverBush
07-26-2021, 11:48 AM
I mean, lets be honest at least. His Head Coach was a moron.

For sure, but he was good enough to coach them to that same 24-0 lead...then he and his QB shit the bed in historic fashion.

Bowser
07-26-2021, 01:02 PM
LMAO Well, at least it paints a clearer picture of how seriously the NFL as a whole is taking his "off the field" issues. Talking heads seem to be content to sweep it under the rug

A guy like Ray Rice gets permabanned for what he did (deservedly so), but Watson gets what is looking like it's shaping up to be the "out of sight, out of mind" treatment because..........why, exactly?

Marcellus
07-26-2021, 01:09 PM

Yea I don't get the mentality. I want good rivalry games in the division. Nothing better than breaking hearts of division rivals. Stomping bad teams is just ok.

You have to beat good teams to win the SB and frankly KC should fear no one.

Marcellus
07-26-2021, 01:11 PM
A guy like Ray Rice gets permabanned for what he did (deservedly so), but Watson gets what is looking like it's shaping up to be the "out of sight, out of mind" treatment because..........why, exactly?

Because there is video of Rice knocking his wife out cold and Watson has what amounts to allegations at this point?

Bowser
07-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Because there is video of Rice knocking his wife out cold?

You're not wrong, lol.

I guess I was going for the angle of sheer number of women that have come forward with their allegations. I wonder how many chose not to say anything.

Marcellus
07-26-2021, 01:16 PM
You're not wrong, lol.

I guess I was going for the angle of sheer number of women that have come forward with their allegations. I wonder how many chose not to say anything.

Watson is most definitely guilty of something, exactly what and how much is yet to be determined.

BleedingRed
07-26-2021, 01:48 PM
Watson is most definitely guilty of something, exactly what and how much is yet to be determined.

Oh common, just massage his butthole..... Last time I checked that's a muscle

TEX
07-26-2021, 02:03 PM
Jack Easterby will probably ask for all those draft picks and players, but the best offer he'll receive will only be like one 1st round pick and maybe some change.

And he'll probably accept it. Because he's a stupid ****ing weasel.

Bet not. Nick Cicero is doing the asking. He's not gonna trade Watson for pennies on the dollar. He'll wait until next year if what he gets isn't close to his asking price. IMO, next season would be the best plan anyway. By then, pick order will be established and Watson's legal issues may be settled.

Coochie liquor
07-26-2021, 03:37 PM
Watson in dever with those recievers would make some noise if they could get the Oline on track at all.

Except it’s gonna cost at least one of those WR, and a really good defensive player or 2, plus draft picks which will make it harder to get quality replacements for the players they lose. I’m all for him going to Dungver, I don’t think he’ll be a thorn in our side. Especially with the way Failway blows through assistant coaches, and coaches.

Coochie liquor
07-26-2021, 03:39 PM
For sure, but he was good enough to coach them to that same 24-0 lead...then he and his QB shit the bed in historic fashion.

He didn’t even coach them to that lead. Chiefs we’re making ridiculously bad mistakes that cost them early. Once everyone settled down, we took em to the woodshed.

Sassy Squatch
07-26-2021, 03:42 PM
10 total accusations with the Houston PD, including 2 new ones with no connection to Hardin.

Coach
07-26-2021, 03:56 PM
What a dysfunctional organization the Houston Texans are.

I highly doubt any team right now will give them that much picks, considering the sexual assaults issues is still hanging over Watson's head.

Very glad that this whole mess isn't related to the Chiefs of any kind.

Halfcan
07-26-2021, 09:26 PM
5 High Draft picks for a serial molester? Do it Donks!!

Mile High Mania
07-27-2021, 11:05 AM
5 High Draft picks for a serial molester? Do it Donks!!

Well, without all the baggage, they are certainly well within reality to ask for such an offer. No team is going to give them that at this point. A few may consider it and hell, I guess there could be an owner or two crazy enough to take that risk... but, the dust hasn't settled on what happens to him and what the league will or won't do as a result.

If Watson is somehow cleared of everything, then yeah - party on and they can get a ransom. But, at this point, I don't see 5 high draft picks and players coming their way.

dlphg9
07-27-2021, 02:50 PM
Watson is one of the most overrated players ever. Not as overrated as Lamar Jackson was, but still overrated.

Eureka
07-27-2021, 04:50 PM
Could've traded Watson to the Jets for their 4 1st (this year and next) and then could've traded the 2nd to SF. Well they could've before all the news broke about Watson. There QB situation would be the same as it is now and they'd have much more draft capitol.

Now their in this position of letting it be known they will look at offers.

Sassy Squatch
07-27-2021, 04:59 PM
Could've traded Watson to the Jets for their 4 1st (this year and next) and then could've traded the 2nd to SF. Well they could've before all the news broke about Watson. There QB situation would be the same as it is now and they'd have much more draft capitol.

Now their in this position of letting it be known they will look at offers.
This narrative needs to die. The official start of the league season happened AFTER the allegations were made public. No team is trading that much in draft capital when a situation like that just became public knowledge, handshake deal be damned.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
07-27-2021, 05:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Attorney Rusty Hardin says that 10 criminal complaints are now pending against Deshaun Watson (including two from women who haven&#39;t sued him), in an apparent effort to get the Texans to be more reasonable in their trade expectations. <a href="https://t.co/Rd7MX8beJu">https://t.co/Rd7MX8beJu</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1419756351002140673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
07-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Watson is one of the most overrated players ever. Not as overrated as Lamar Jackson was, but still overrated.

Mahomes must be worth 20 1st round picks if Watson gets 5 from some idiot franchise. :doh!:

Mile High Mania
07-27-2021, 07:41 PM
Mahomes must be worth 20 1st round picks if Watson gets 5 from some idiot franchise. :doh!:

So, a team offers KC 10 straight R1 picks and any two players from their roster. You interested?

ChiefAshhole1056
07-27-2021, 07:46 PM
Think he could go to Philly for 2 firsts, Hurts, Ertz, and Reagor.

Maybe even 3. At the end of the day he still has 10+ years in his career still. He’s worth whatever short term hinderance there may be.

notorious
07-27-2021, 08:38 PM
So, a team offers KC 10 straight R1 picks and any two players from their roster. You interested?

https://i.gifer.com/Phxn.gif

ThyKingdomCome15
07-27-2021, 08:52 PM
No team will give the house him with his pending off the field circumstances.

Skyy God
07-27-2021, 09:35 PM

Lol, we flat out stole him for a R1 pick swap, a 3rd, and a future 1st.

Best trade in NFL history.

Sassy Squatch
07-28-2021, 10:44 AM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I had to guess, it would appear the Texans might be looking to put together a case for breach for failure to use best efforts.<br><br>That could allow for an unpaid suspension and the voiding of guarantees, which would be far more beneficial to the Texans than the exempt list. <a href="https://t.co/lGDun8XQKr">pic.twitter.com/lGDun8XQKr</a></p>&mdash; John P. Gilbert (@JohnPGilbertNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnPGilbertNFL/status/1420415412345397252?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wazu
07-28-2021, 10:48 AM

We did this exercise a few years back. Landed on hell no.

KChiefs1
07-28-2021, 11:32 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/zWZ3LFcnpQPt3MQhRS/giphy.gif

ModSocks
07-28-2021, 11:36 AM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If I had to guess, it would appear the Texans might be looking to put together a case for breach for failure to use best efforts.<br><br>That could allow for an unpaid suspension and the voiding of guarantees, which would be far more beneficial to the Texans than the exempt list. <a href="https://t.co/lGDun8XQKr">pic.twitter.com/lGDun8XQKr</a></p>&mdash; John P. Gilbert (@JohnPGilbertNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnPGilbertNFL/status/1420415412345397252?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More shady shit from the Texans.

TEX
07-28-2021, 11:39 AM

NOPE!

wazu
07-28-2021, 01:59 PM
More shady shit from the Texans.

I mean, Watson is a great athlete. Should probably play both ways. Would bet he’d make a kickass kick returner as well.

Red Dawg
07-28-2021, 02:03 PM

Hell no. Mahomes and Kelce or Mahomes and Hill are the only players they would ask for and hell no.

TEX
07-28-2021, 02:57 PM
Hell no. Mahomes and Kelce or Mahomes and Hill are the only players they would ask for and hell no.

I agree with the hell no part, but I think you misinterpreted what he posed. He said if a team offered you ten number one picks and any two players off their roster. Not take two of ours.

RealSNR
07-28-2021, 03:03 PM
LMAO

There's no fucking way the NFL is going to buy that as evidence and allow the Texans to get away with that if they put him on commissioner exempt.

smithandrew051
07-28-2021, 03:04 PM

Drafting 1 Mahomes out those picks is unlikely. Also, those picks would be pretty low since that team would have Mahomes.

Also, those picks would be over 10 years. By the time we got our full compensation, half the players would be into second contracts or off the team.

tredadda
07-28-2021, 03:31 PM

Remember of the 24 point he was spotted, 7 came from a broken play and another 7 came from the Hill muffed punt that gave him the ball inside the 10 yard line. It's not like he took his teams on long sustained drives.

Coochie liquor
07-28-2021, 04:02 PM

I wouldn’t trade him for any teams first round draft pick from now til eternity. We drafted a God of a quarterback. Maybe one day your team will draft a quarterback that’s slightly above meh.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2021, 02:08 PM
ROFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson: “Why are you all always filming me every day? It’s the same s—.” <a href="https://t.co/nL6p5Rlkl9">pic.twitter.com/nL6p5Rlkl9</a></p>&mdash; Sarah Barshop (@sarahbarshop) <a href="https://twitter.com/sarahbarshop/status/1425822752997474309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rausch
08-12-2021, 03:42 PM
Lol, we flat out stole him for a R1 pick swap, a 3rd, and a future 1st.

Best trade in NFL history.

I thought teams that made the playoffs weren't in position to draft QBOTF talent. Some here were saying that back in the day. Basically that Smith was just good enough to keep us from drafting a QBOTF.

Nope. If you have a good GM and good scouts/evaluators you're ALWAYS in position to draft good players...

Deberg_1990
08-28-2021, 10:43 AM
Panthers or Dolphins?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s chatter building in league circles that the Texans may soon be trading Deshaun Watson to the Panthers or the Dolphins. <a href="https://t.co/VH1kqQ1dDg">https://t.co/VH1kqQ1dDg</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1431643694315278342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

louie aguiar
08-28-2021, 10:49 AM
Panthers or Dolphins?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s chatter building in league circles that the Texans may soon be trading Deshaun Watson to the Panthers or the Dolphins. <a href="https://t.co/VH1kqQ1dDg">https://t.co/VH1kqQ1dDg</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1431643694315278342?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Better them than Denver

crispystl
08-28-2021, 11:22 AM
Better them than Denver

I dunno man, it would suck if he went to the Dolphins. That team is definitely on the rise for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buehler445
08-28-2021, 12:43 PM
I dunno man, it would suck if he went to the Dolphins. That team is definitely on the rise for sure.

Meh. I’ve said it before but you cant manage QBs like Flores did last year post-1995.

It’s a universal bad decision. Until proven otherwise I’m marking his dumb ass down as arrogant Cheatriot fuckbag doomed to fail.

RedinTexas
08-28-2021, 12:49 PM

It would be oddly appropriate for the Texans to trade Watson to the Dolphins because all the damn draft picks that have built up the Dolphins came from the Texans.

booger
08-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Good fit. The dolphins are perfectly fine with going from butthole to blowhole

RunKC
08-28-2021, 12:55 PM
If the Dolphins get Watson with no time missed they are the 2nd best team in the AFC. Absolutely loaded roster.

Waddle, Parker, Gisecki, Fuller, solid OL and a good defense

tredadda
08-28-2021, 12:55 PM
Considering that the Panthers already traded for Darnold it would say a lot about him if they have already given up on him and are willing to trade even more picks for Watson.

RealSNR
08-28-2021, 12:56 PM
Was kind of hoping Watson would go to the Donks.

He’s a loser.

smithandrew051
08-28-2021, 12:57 PM
I’m really curious what the compensation will be for him. This is such a weird situation. I don’t see how a GM could feel comfortable giving up much at all.

Mennonite
08-28-2021, 12:59 PM
Good fit. The dolphins are perfectly fine with going from butthole to blowhole

It's a lock once Watson learns that a dolphin has never been convicted of rape.

booger
08-28-2021, 01:01 PM
https://youtu.be/yVBuM3FBjiA

RealSNR
08-28-2021, 01:02 PM

Dude. Dolphins do nothing BUT rape people!

Look it up, man!

booger
08-28-2021, 01:03 PM

They always have a water tight alibi

staylor26
08-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Watson to the Dolphins would make them as good as anybody besides the Chiefs in the AFC, but that OL is going to be a huge problem.

Mennonite
08-28-2021, 01:19 PM
They always have a water tight alibi

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are a lot of dolphins around Jeffrey Epstein's island. Some people claim Hillary hit Epstein. Others point to Prince Andrew. We all know who really put out the contract on Epstein's head, don't we?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/azEOeTX1LqM?start=11" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

booger
08-28-2021, 01:25 PM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are a lot of dolphins around Jeffrey Epstein's island. Some people claim Hillary hit Epstein. Others point to Prince Andrew. We all know who really put out the contract on Epstein's head, don't we?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/azEOeTX1LqM?start=11" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You might be on to something. It does seem fishy. When the finger gets pulled out of that dike it will all come gushing out

Bob Dole
08-28-2021, 01:44 PM
Panthers or Dolphins?

I thought the Dolphins were banking on Tua?

Mennonite
08-28-2021, 01:44 PM
You might be on to something. It does seem fishy.

Yeah, it seems fishy and that's just what they want you to think. Dolphins are mammals, man. Some poor motherfucker calls the cops saying "I just got ass fucked by a fish!" and these diabolical motherfuckers just say "Don't look at me - I'm a mammal, baby. Check it out - warm blood, no gills. You got nuthin' on me." And they're cute enough to get away with it. They just swim off into the sunset while some fugly barracuda gets his ass deep fried for a crime he didn't commit.

Sassy Squatch
08-28-2021, 01:56 PM
Interesting. Dolphins are seeking pick protections in case he's prosecuted.

booger
08-28-2021, 02:00 PM
Yeah, it seems fishy and that's just what they want you to think. Dolphins are mammals, man. Some poor mother****er calls the cops saying "I just got ass ****ed by a fish!" and these diabolical mother****ers just say "Don't look at me - I'm a mammal, baby. Check it out - warm blood, no gills. You got nuthin' on me." And they're cute enough to get away with it. They just swim off into the sunset while some fugly barracuda gets his ass deep fried for a crime he didn't commit.

I read that last one as Dolphins seeking prick protection something something prostitutes. My mind is too warped to stay on topic so I have to leave now

staylor26
08-28-2021, 02:01 PM

The fact that it’s that complicated tells me it’s not likely that we see a deal anytime soon.

Sassy Squatch
08-28-2021, 02:03 PM
They also want 3 firsts and 2 seconds. If the Dolphins actually pay that much their front office is one of the shittiest in sports.

Sassy Squatch
08-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Honestly, can someone tell me where this myth that the Dolphins are a team on the rise came from? Flores is a decent coach but their front office is bottom tier. They wasted a fucking shitload of money in the 2020 free agency and half of their big ticket players were cut after one season.

Kyle Van Noy 4 years 51 million 30 million guaranteed. Cut.
Shaq Lawson 3 years 30 million 20 million guaranteed. Cut
Ereck fucking Flowers 3 years 30 million almost 20 million guaranteed. Traded, and the Dolphins had to foot 6 million to facilitate it.

Their 2020 draft class was abysmal despite having 3 first rounders. Tagovailoa over Herbert is a fucking disaster, Austin Jackson is pretty fucking terrible, and Noah Igbinoghene has had a terrible off-season, getting smoked by backups repeatedly.

crispystl
08-28-2021, 02:15 PM
It would be oddly appropriate for the Texans to trade Watson to the Dolphins because all the damn draft picks that have built up the Dolphins came from the Texans.

That’s interesting. I hadn’t even considered that.

Sassy Squatch
08-28-2021, 02:25 PM
Is it the fact that they fleeced Bill OBrien, because that's a pretty fucking low bar to set for success. They arguably got fleeced just as badly in return by the Steelers. A mid first used on a shitty OT in exchange for a 2x first team All Pro S on a rookie deal. Way to go, guys.

RealSNR
08-28-2021, 02:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vfPZu5RbKM0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
08-28-2021, 02:38 PM
They also want 3 firsts and 2 seconds. If the Dolphins actually pay that much their front office is one of the shittiest in sports.

Good lord that’s WAY overboard LMAO

Car and Mia would be insane to cough that up, they both better smarten up and see what they have in Darnold and Tua

Sassy Squatch
08-28-2021, 02:40 PM
LMAO The audacity to ask for PiCk PrOtEcTiOnS. If you're dumb enough to trade a haul for the guy under active investigation for sexual assault, that's on you to take the responsibility if he's convicted.

FloridaMan88
08-28-2021, 03:12 PM
If Watson is traded and is not placed on the Commissioner’s Exempt List would his new team actually start him week one?

With just about two weeks of practices to get Watson ready and after spending an entire offseason/training camp/preseason installing an offense for a different starting QB?

Bowser
08-28-2021, 03:18 PM

That's a lot to ask for a guy that was relegated to practice squad safety work during training camp.

Nickhead
08-28-2021, 03:22 PM
am thinking about adding watson to my list of bust QB's from a while ago. this man, when he suits up again, is going to shit the bed full stop. :thumb:

MGRS13
08-28-2021, 03:37 PM

If the Texans get this the going rate for Rodgers next off season would be the entirety of another teams 2022,23 and 24 drafts. If I was Green Bay id be ecstatic if the Texans get what they are asking.

TEX
08-28-2021, 04:26 PM
LMAO The audacity to ask for PiCk PrOtEcTiOnS. If you're dumb enough to trade a haul for the guy under active investigation for sexual assault, that's on you to take the responsibility if he's convicted.

Exactly. There's a lot of dumbassary mixed in with their audacity.

RealSNR
08-28-2021, 04:31 PM
Hey you have a really really valuable thing you can't use because it might be defective.

How about I buy it from you? I'll pay anything!

Oh, but the deal is good only if it works.

eDave
08-28-2021, 04:53 PM
Not sure why anyone cares where he goes. He's no threat and isn't even that good. Great black hope is all he is. I don't get the hype around the guy unless you are into the Kardsasian/socal media exposure thing.

Chief Pagan
08-28-2021, 05:49 PM
No threat, not that good?

Not sure where that's coming from. I don't know that he's going to carry a franchise but you think there are 20 QBs better than him?

He seems better than a hope/backup.

Rainbarrel
08-28-2021, 06:55 PM
Watson's turn to massage assholes.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-28-2021, 07:03 PM
Please go to the Panthers and play Brady twice a year. That division is a cake walk.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2021, 06:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeffery Lurie has “green-lighted” Howie Roseman to pursue a deal for DeShaun Watson if the opportunity arose, per <a href="https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CSimmsQB</a>. <a href="https://t.co/4f2kPcbDhO">pic.twitter.com/4f2kPcbDhO</a></p>&mdash; Eagles Nation (1-2) (@PHLEaglesNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/1443406767677972486?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TribalElder
09-30-2021, 07:02 AM
Texans are really poorly run

I know they want a kings ransom for Watson however they are paying him and have him overpriced. That means they won't be able to get rid of him AND they will have to continue to pay him millions of dollars. Double whammy situation.

Time value of money, they need to lower the asking price and get realistic if they are serious about trading him.

Red Dawg
09-30-2021, 07:03 AM
May as well trade for him now if you are interested. He may get suspended but that's it. He will not be banned so go ahead.

Sassy Squatch
09-30-2021, 07:08 AM
1 (Eagles)
1 (Dolphins)
1/2 (Colts)
2 (Eagles)

That meets the Texans demands. Would you do it if you were the Eagles?

Coochie liquor
09-30-2021, 07:19 AM
1 (Eagles)
1 (Dolphins)
1/2 (Colts)
2 (Eagles)

That meets the Texans demands. Would you do it if you were the Eagles?

Sounds more like a move the Texans would make.

Sassy Squatch
09-30-2021, 07:24 AM
Sounds more like a move the Texans would make.
Yeah, but if I'm the Texans I'm not budging too much. You're coming to us to trade for an alleged sexual deviant under active criminal investigation, you must be pretty fucking desperate.

Sassy Squatch
09-30-2021, 07:35 AM
Interesting. From a Houston reporter.

Watson would waive his no-trade clause for the Dolphins, according to multiple sources, just as he would have for the Carolina Panthers. However, the Panthers, per sources, are sticking with quarterback Sam Darnold at this time after acquiring him in a trade from the New York Jets. The Denver Broncos are sticking with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

And the Philadelphia Eagles, whose general manager Howie Roseman has conducted extensive due diligence into Watson’s complicated off-field situation, as have other NFL teams, aren’t one of the teams Watson would waive his no-trade clause for, according to league sources.

Red Dawg
09-30-2021, 07:40 AM
I would be money Denver pulls the trigger if he's not traded nex off season. The almost have no choice with the QBs in the division. They cant beat anyone and wont ofvthey dont.

FloridaMan88
10-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Maybe soon…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans, Dolphins could have Deshaun Watson deal done this week <a href="https://t.co/yhBcVi26Ds">https://t.co/yhBcVi26Ds</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@houstonchron</a></p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1450909383429349382?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

philfree
10-20-2021, 02:55 PM
I think it's obvious that Watson would be happier if switched from playing QB to C.

Rainbarrel
Starfish to be added to Fins helmet

wazu
Yeah, but if I'm the Texans I'm not budging too much. You're coming to us to trade for an alleged sexual deviant under active criminal investigation, you must be pretty fucking desperate.

Whereas the Texans aren't desperate at all. You have to at least care to be desperate.

TLO
10-20-2021, 03:11 PM
Obligatory Hope Solo's butthole pic

jettio
10-20-2021, 03:39 PM
Maybe soon…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans, Dolphins could have Deshaun Watson deal done this week <a href="https://t.co/yhBcVi26Ds">https://t.co/yhBcVi26Ds</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@houstonchron</a></p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1450909383429349382?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope the Dolphins don't try to cheat the salary cap by replacing hard dollars with botanically infused anus oil.

chiefzilla1501
10-20-2021, 03:42 PM
Flores is kryptonite for an offense. Not sure why Watson would want any part of that cluster. Especially since he's turning into every other bellichick clone which Watson is steering 100 miles away from.

Sassy Squatch
10-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Bet it's more Houston is trying to drum up some interest before the deadline.

Coochie liquor
10-20-2021, 03:49 PM
Starfish to be added to Fins helmet

Omg, fucking hilarious!! Well done!!

Coochie liquor
10-20-2021, 03:51 PM
Flores is kryptonite for an offense. Not sure why Watson would want any part of that cluster. Especially since he's turning into every other bellichick clone which Watson is steering 100 miles away from.

They’ll trade for Watson, then tell him they’ll fire Flores after the season and go all in to get EB, who Watson has said he wants to be his coach. Then we get a 3rd and Kafka moves into the OC position.

Dante84
10-20-2021, 03:59 PM
This is quite the reach, and doesn't explain why on earth the Chiefs might want to trade precious draft capital to take on Tua and his cap space.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sense we’re at the point where <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Dolphins</a> have given Tua’s reps the opportunity to find a trade Partner. Don’t sleep on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1450927217337380869?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> have no interest in Tua, why would another team? <br><br>Tua needs a reset, time to develop. Where better to do that (if you&#39;re Tua&#39;s Agents) than under your other Client Pat Mahomes.<br><br>With Eric Bieniemy (who probably lands a Head Coaching job in 5 months), Kafka &amp; Andy.</p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1450935335433687040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MMXcalibur
10-20-2021, 04:11 PM
This is quite the reach, and doesn't explain why on earth the Chiefs might want to trade precious draft capital to take on Tua and his cap space.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sense we’re at the point where <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Dolphins</a> have given Tua’s reps the opportunity to find a trade Partner. Don’t sleep on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1450927217337380869?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> have no interest in Tua, why would another team? <br><br>Tua needs a reset, time to develop. Where better to do that (if you&#39;re Tua&#39;s Agents) than under your other Client Pat Mahomes.<br><br>With Eric Bieniemy (who probably lands a Head Coaching job in 5 months), Kafka &amp; Andy.</p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1450935335433687040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure, I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs took on Tua, but only if the Dolphins throw in their 1st round pick along with it.

OH WAIT

DRM08
10-20-2021, 04:20 PM
KC should continue to have veteran QB’s in the backup role. It’s good for Mahomes in the film room to be around older guys. There is not one damn thing he would learn from Tua.

RealSNR
10-20-2021, 04:54 PM
Not sure why any team would hire a defense-minded first time head coach if they have or are taking on a young QB.

Makes zero fucking sense.

TwistedChief
10-20-2021, 05:00 PM

Tua to the Chiefs makes less sense than any other rumor ever posted on this message board. Ever.

Bump
10-20-2021, 05:04 PM
why the **** would we trade for a backup QB that would only play under a worst case scenario situation?

Red Dawg
10-20-2021, 05:06 PM
Tua to the Chiefs makes less sense than any other rumor ever posted on this message board. Ever.

I agree. Why the hell would we want Tua? Why the hell would Tua want to come here with less than a zero chance of starting

Sassy Squatch
10-20-2021, 05:08 PM
I guess the though process would be we rehab him and flip him for a pick

TLO
10-20-2021, 05:10 PM
I'd give them one picture of Hope Solo's butthole and Ben Neiman for Tua.

Demonpenz
10-20-2021, 05:11 PM
We could trade for tua to take over when pat retires

ModSocks
10-20-2021, 05:12 PM
The only way Tua makes sense is if the Chiefs wanted to develop him and trade him. And if the Chiefs were gonna try to flip him for a pick, it would make NO SENSE to trade a pick for him first.

This is an incredibly poorly thought out rumor.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xiMUwBRn5RDLhzwO80" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/zck-kntr-american-idol-randy-xiMUwBRn5RDLhzwO80"

Sassy Squatch
10-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Also, contract really isn't all that bad considering what backups get nowadays.

2021: prorated about 2 million
2022: about 3.5 million
2023: about 5 million

Again, don't think there's any realistic chance we actually trade for Tua but the idea isn't really all that ridiculous, unless the Dolphins are dumb in their demands for him.

RealSNR
10-20-2021, 05:20 PM

Would rather keep the Hope Solo butthole pic

tredadda
10-20-2021, 06:30 PM
Also, contract really isn't all that bad considering what backups get nowadays.

2021: prorated about 2 million
2022: about 3.5 million
2023: about 5 million

Again, don't think there's any realistic chance we actually trade for Tua but the idea isn't really all that ridiculous, unless the Dolphins are dumb in their demands for him.

This team needs help on defense. Trading picks, regardless of round makes little sense for a backup QB. Backup QBs are easy to find and could be had for no picks. The only way the Chiefs could develop and flip Tua for a pick is if he saw the field. In order for that to happen Pat has to not see the field which is not what any here want.

kccrow
10-20-2021, 06:38 PM
I'd flip my fucking wig if the Chiefs traded for Tua. Absolute fucking NO THANKS.

Buehler445
10-20-2021, 06:41 PM
Not sure why any team would hire a defense-minded first time head coach if they have or are taking on a young QB.

Makes zero fucking sense.

Add onto that that nobody ever should hire a brotherfucking Cheatriot fuckbag coach it’s a double whammy.

Buehler445
10-20-2021, 06:42 PM
Tua can come here.

After he’s cut.

Marcellus
10-20-2021, 06:42 PM

This reads like a DeBerg thread.

Peter Gibbons
10-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Can Tua play LB? What about DE?

Skyy God
10-21-2021, 07:58 AM
The Phins fleeced Houston, but then they completely fucked up their draft capital.

Tua over Herbert is a Trubisky-like blunder.

mkp785
10-21-2021, 11:01 AM
The only way Tua makes sense is if the Chiefs wanted to develop him and trade him. And if the Chiefs were gonna try to flip him for a pick, it would make NO SENSE to trade a pick for him first.

This is an incredibly poorly thought out rumor.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xiMUwBRn5RDLhzwO80" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/zck-kntr-american-idol-randy-xiMUwBRn5RDLhzwO80"

If they can rehab him and flip him for a 1st than it's brilliant but what does Miami want for him? Andy has rehabbed worse QBs than Tua.

I'd give them a 7th for Tua but they probably won't take that.

ModSocks
10-21-2021, 11:28 AM
If they can rehab him and flip him for a 1st than it's brilliant but what does Miami want for him? Andy has rehabbed worse QBs than Tua.

I'd give them a 7th for Tua but they probably won't take that.

You're going to be hard pressed to flip him for more than what you paid a season or two later. And you're taking a huge gamble if he'll even pan out and be worth more.

I can't imagine the Dolphins letting him go for less than a 3rd or 4th.

mkp785
10-21-2021, 11:32 AM
You're going to be hard pressed to flip him for more than what you paid a season or two later. And you're taking a huge gamble if he'll even pan out and be worth more.

I can't imagine the Dolphins letting him go for less than a 3rd or 4th.

Probably. I think WFT might make a play for him. I was just saying that Andy has done more with less, and if there's anyone that can make Tua good it's him.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2021, 11:44 AM
The balance of power in the AFC is going to be completely shaken by this. Buffalo now has a lot more competition twice a year.

Gary Cooper
10-21-2021, 11:45 AM
Does Miami have any good massage parlors?

BigCatDaddy
10-21-2021, 11:54 AM

Robert Kraft says there is a good one about an hour down the coast.

oldman
10-21-2021, 12:09 PM
To give up any high draft picks for Watson at this stage of the game, let alone multiples, is beyond madness. Until Watson's legal troubles are resolved, any team taking a chance on him has to be either loaded with draft capital or just plain stupid. Miami?? Yeah, right, let's go from an aging backup and a failed (jury still out) 1st rounder to a guy that will be tied up in court for the next umpteen years. I'd bet we could sell a lightly used SOC bnner to the Fins fans.

FloridaMan88
10-21-2021, 12:11 PM

Blow Job Bob Kraft has a rolodex of massage parlor recommendations in South Florida.

Coochie liquor
10-21-2021, 12:15 PM
Blow Job Bob Kraft has a rolodex of massage parlor recommendations in South Florida.

The Handjobbit

mr. tegu
10-21-2021, 12:39 PM
I bet we could rehab him and flip him for a pick.

Dunerdr
10-21-2021, 12:42 PM
To give up any high draft picks for Watson at this stage of the game, let alone multiples, is beyond madness. Until Watson's legal troubles are resolved, any team taking a chance on him has to be either loaded with draft capital or just plain stupid. Miami?? Yeah, right, let's go from an aging backup and a failed (jury still out) 1st rounder to a guy that will be tied up in court for the next umpteen years. I'd bet we could sell a lightly used SOC bnner to the Fins fans.

I would have to think that theres a "if" clause. Like "if" he never plays another down, they get x picks back/compensated.

FloridaMan88
10-21-2021, 01:22 PM
The balance of power in the AFC is going to be completely shaken by this. Buffalo now has a lot more competition twice a year.

Miami’s current overall talent level looks to be on par with last year’s Houston team that went 4-12 despite Watson putting up huge stats.

ptlyon
10-21-2021, 02:23 PM

This ain't a 76 Monte Carlo

-King-
10-21-2021, 02:36 PM

So we're going to trade a pick in order to rehab him and then hopefully trade him for a higher pick after a year? That seems dumb.

MahomesMagic
10-21-2021, 02:38 PM
If Tua was available for a 3rd or less I grab him.

People are burying him way too early. He should not have even played last year.

And he makes a great backup option. If someone gets desperate we can turn around and cash in the investment but be fine with keeping him as a young, talented backup.

rico
10-21-2021, 02:43 PM

Hey man, what can I trade you to get that Hope Solo butthole pic?!?!

Red Dawg
10-21-2021, 02:45 PM
If Tua was available for a 3rd or less I grab him.

People are burying him way too early. He should not have even played last year.

And he makes a great backup option. If someone gets desperate we can turn around and cash in the investment but be fine with keeping him as a young, talented backup.

A 3rd for what would be a career back up? He would have zero trade value better than what you gave so what is the point?

MahomesMagic
10-21-2021, 02:47 PM
A 3rd for what would be a career back up? He would have zero trade value better than what you gave so what is the point?

Bucs just drafted a worse backup with a 2nd round pick.

I am higher than Tua than most. Just keep adding value to your roster.

Of course it doesn't do much when Mahomes is healthy which is why a lot hate it.

FloridaMan88
10-21-2021, 03:40 PM
Tua’s career ceiling looks to be another Alex Smiff.

Miles
10-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Robert Kraft says there is a good one about an hour down the coast.

That type of setup is probably too consensual for Watson.

New World Order
10-21-2021, 03:50 PM
Tua’s career ceiling looks to be another Alex Smiff.

His throwing motion reminds me of Palko

Sassy Squatch
10-26-2021, 06:43 PM
Sounds like the Dolphins and Texans have a handshake deal at least.

mr. tegu
10-26-2021, 06:50 PM
So we're going to trade a pick in order to rehab him and then hopefully trade him for a higher pick after a year? That seems dumb.

A little attempt at humor from the idea of trading for Tua.

TribalElder
10-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Tua is garbage

I expect them to trade for watson, then activate him, then watch him get put on the commish list

BryanBusby
10-26-2021, 06:55 PM
Doesn't sound like they have a fucking thing, honestly.

It's like me agreeing to finger your ass but only of Jennifer Aniston agrees to tongue my balls while I do it.

Peter Gibbons
10-26-2021, 07:16 PM
Doesn't sound like they have a ****ing thing, honestly.

It's like me agreeing to finger your ass but only of Jennifer Aniston agrees to tongue my balls while I do it.

Wow, good for all three of you!

BryanBusby
10-26-2021, 07:42 PM
Wow, good for all three of you!
I haven't said who is getting the finger yet. Way to volunteer yourself.

TribalElder
10-26-2021, 07:47 PM
If Tua comes to work in a dress again

https://samoa-observer.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/store/660da136b2d78491697f788881dc1f87.png

would Watson sexually assault him

Rainbarrel
10-26-2021, 08:26 PM

https://samoa-observer.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/store/660da136b2d78491697f788881dc1f87.png

I would rather he assault the former Amazon worker-future RN.

Flying High D
10-27-2021, 04:14 AM

His shirt matches his car’s paint job or is that vandalism?

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2021, 06:47 AM
Tank for Tua!

Deberg_1990
12-08-2021, 08:19 PM
Wonder if whoever doesn’t land Russel Wilson goes after Watson?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Prosecutors Likely Presenting Deshaun Watson Case to A Grand Jury in January, Attorney Says (credit &amp; link to <a href="https://t.co/WT1EAPiMKI">https://t.co/WT1EAPiMKI</a>) <a href="https://t.co/jOqfEq91Po">https://t.co/jOqfEq91Po</a></p>&mdash; Amy Dash (@AmyDashTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmyDashTV/status/1467978448559816705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
12-08-2021, 08:20 PM
He may screwed.

Peter Gibbons
12-08-2021, 08:37 PM
I haven't said who is getting the finger yet. Way to volunteer yourself.

I have it on good authority that the word volunteer is derived from an ancient Greek word roughly meaning dumbass.

Coochie liquor
12-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Blowmo weeps!!

Mile High Mania
12-08-2021, 10:05 PM
Well, by the time his legal woes are over... you could probably trade a K to HOU for Watson in return. That guy may never play in the league again, depending on how this falls.

Dunerdr
12-09-2021, 09:09 AM
He may screwed.

you may spell?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-09-2021, 09:37 AM
Well, by the time his legal woes are over... you could probably trade a K to HOU for Watson in return. That guy may never play in the league again, depending on how this falls.

Your little buddy will be posting these :):):) in short order stating he's innocent and Paton will still fleece him away for a backup kicker

myselff77
12-09-2021, 09:37 AM

I thought that about Michael Vick once. Watson will be back in some form.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2021, 12:44 PM
I thought that about Michael Vick once. Watson will be back in some form.

Maybe but no team is trading multiple first round draft picks to acquire Watson whenever his legal troubles are finally resolved and he is able to return to playing in the NFL.

Also if Watson eventually goes to trial and is found guilty then his NFL career is over... as much of a PR hit as Vick took with the dog fighting conviction, Watson as a convicted sex offender in today's MeToo era would make it impossible for any team to employ him.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2021, 01:16 PM
Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But dude seems guilty as hell.

Could care less about Watson. But hate that the weasel Easterby has a convenient scapegoat. Although dude has been such a disaster nobody is buying it.

penguinz
12-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But dude seems guilty as hell.

Could care less about Watson. But hate that the weasel Easterby has a convenient scapegoat. Although dude has been such a disaster nobody is buying it.
That is not the saying. It is "Could not care less".

Why is this so hard for people?

ModSocks
12-09-2021, 02:10 PM

But what if he cares at least a little bit, but COULD potentially care less depending on circumstances?

Eureka
12-09-2021, 04:10 PM
SO the Texans might get nothing for Watson. They could've traded him before the last draft and made the picks yearly obtainable as long as he played that year and he could've played this year.

louie aguiar
12-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Amazing how far he’s fallen

stumppy
12-09-2021, 04:27 PM
LMAO

People think he'll be kicked out of the NFL. At worst he'll be suspended for a bit.

Only way he's banned is if he kills someone, there's video, pictures, text messages, and no less than 4 nuns witnessed the murder.

Chief Pagan
12-09-2021, 04:30 PM

I used to care a tiny bit, but then I accepted that English was never going to be a logically, literal language.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/i_could_care_less.png

BigCatDaddy
12-09-2021, 05:13 PM
LMAO

People think he'll be kicked out of the NFL. At worst he'll be suspended for a bit.

Only way he's banned is if he kills someone, there's video, pictures, text messages, and no less than 4 nuns witnessed the murder.
The teams just wouldn't want to deal with the never ending parades of pussy hat wearing protesters at every game. It's a PR disaster in this day and age. Owners would rather be mediocre and count their cash without the headache.

BleedingRed
12-09-2021, 05:32 PM
I just got a DM from Desean he’s asking me for my hourly rates.... what should I say?

Shields68
12-09-2021, 05:35 PM
The teams just wouldn't want to deal with the never ending parades of pussy hat wearing protesters at every game. It's a PR disaster in this day and age. Owners would rather be mediocre and count their cash without the headache.

Depends on the actual finding/charges. Sexual Assault is one thing, the illegal groping/touching goes away.

sully1983
12-09-2021, 08:08 PM
He is facing over 20 sexual harassment lawsuits and likes to make his massage therapists put fingers in his ass. He is a complete weirdo.

Halfcan
12-09-2021, 08:46 PM
He is facing over 20 sexual harassment lawsuits and likes to make his massage therapists put fingers in his ass. He is a complete weirdo.

ROFL

Sounds like a perfect QB for the Faders. Most of their fans are felons and would love this guy.

Jewish Rabbi
12-09-2021, 08:55 PM
LMAO

If masturbating puts you out of a job consider me unemployable!!!

Red Dawg
12-09-2021, 08:56 PM

So did Robert Kraft. Why is he not facing lawsuits? Oh, that's right. He paid 50 year old ugly Chinese illegals to do it to him. He's with in the law.

kjwood75nro
12-09-2021, 09:13 PM
He is facing over 20 sexual harassment lawsuits and likes to make his massage therapists put fingers in his ass. He is a complete weirdo.How do you make a massage therapist put a finger in your ass?

Seems like the kind of thing that requires consent, be it free or transactional.

And what is "sexual harassment" within a legal context?

stumppy
12-09-2021, 09:19 PM
If masturbating puts you out of a job consider me unemployable!!!

ROFL

I was told it'd make you go blind. Figured I'd just keep it up til I needed glasses.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2021, 07:00 AM

You really think teams are afraid of that? As if this is brand new territory? Teams are staying away from him because they don’t want to give away picks for a guy who could be further suspended or thrown into jail. Not to mention the Texans are probably waiting for the air to clear so they can recover some trade value.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2021, 07:13 AM
So did Robert Kraft. Why is he not facing lawsuits? Oh, that's right. He paid 50 year old ugly Chinese illegals to do it to him. He's with in the law.

I hate to defend Robert kraft and tried to give Watson every benefit of the doubt. But kraft didn’t assault anyone. He got in trouble because the worker was trafficked and it’s unclear about if he could even know that. Unless you’re suggesting we scrutinize every rub and tug and lap dance or hooker it’s hard to pin that on the person. I assumed that’s what watsons was but it doesn’t sound like a standard rub and tug. Whereas kraft knew what he was doing, it sure seems like Watson just assumed he could pull any masseuse off the street and dumbly assumed they’d be cool with doing sex work.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2021, 07:15 AM
How do you make a massage therapist put a finger in your ass?

Seems like the kind of thing that requires consent, be it free or transactional.

And what is "sexual harassment" within a legal context?

Not if someone abuses his position of power to make the vulnerable person believe they have to do it. I don’t think this was sexual harassment. This is straight up assault. You can’t assume every worker is ok with prostitution. This isn’t just bringing a hook up back to the room. This isn’t the many forms of prostitution where there’s at least a hint of prior consent. It sounds like Watson legit took masseuses off the street and just assumed in mid session they’d be cool with doing sex work. The agreed upon transaction in this case was the massage, not the happy ending.

seamonster
12-10-2021, 07:22 AM
Not if someone abuses his position of power to make the vulnerable person believe they have to do it.

What "position of power"? Women were constantly bringing down celebrities and football players with sex scandals and Duke lacrosse tales. This sounds like blackmail.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2021, 07:43 AM
What "position of power"? Women were constantly bringing down celebrities and football players with sex scandals and Duke lacrosse tales. This sounds like blackmail.

It doesn’t sound anything like that. That’s one stripper who had some idea what she was getting into and was already kind of doing sex work and it screams blackmail. I thought the same thing here. But it sounds like many women are sticking around instead of cashing out. Imagine some are in it for blackmail but the worst of the stories legit sound like these women didn’t know what they were getting into. You can’t make nearly the same assumption that every women is ok with sex work just because they do massages especially in some instances where they thought they were giving sports massages.

I’d say once you’ve flown the woman in, gotten her into the room alone… that’s probably not the time to confirm that they’re cool with weird shit. You’d think a high profile athlete would be way more careful.

Rainbarrel
12-10-2021, 07:51 AM
He should have hired temp nurses and pooped the bed a little.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2022, 03:23 PM
Texans top candidate to replace Culley is Flores. Flores is one of the main reasons Watson wanted to go to Miami in the first place. Would be a fitting end to this debacle if everybody made friends and Watson decided to just stay.

MagicHef
01-13-2022, 03:32 PM
Texans top candidate to replace Culley is Flores. Flores is one of the main reasons Watson wanted to go to Miami in the first place. Would be a fitting end to this debacle if everybody made friends and Watson decided to just stay.

I think it would be significantly easier, in terms of public opinion, for the Texans to keep and play Watson than for any other team to trade for him and play him.

Red Dawg
01-13-2022, 03:38 PM
This thread is a fail by title. They aren't that open to trading him or they would have done it.

Hoover
01-13-2022, 03:38 PM
I think it would be significantly easier, in terms of public opinion, for the Texans to keep and play Watson than for any other team to trade for him and play him.
I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

They basically used this year to reset the team.

I mean that team doesn't have shit besides Watson, a LT, and WR, but in the modern NFL, that's probably enough.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2022, 03:39 PM
This thread is a fail by title. They aren't that open to trading him or they would have done it.
Uhh. Wut? They had a trade agreed upon contingent on Watson settling his lawsuits.

chiefzilla1501
01-13-2022, 03:47 PM

I don’t buy that. I think he liked the idea to get him out of Houston and I doubt he had any issue playing for culley. He was pissed about casserio because he feared he would be a continuation of BoB and he’s shown nothing different. And I imagine he despises Easterby and this move would show he’s still very much involved despite McNairs denials. Andre Johnson has already warned him about Easterby.

I sure hope that’s not the case. Easterby and casserio shouldn’t be rewarded for this bs. The only thing that concerns me is if Watson feels trapped or ends up feeling like he owes them if they bail him out of trouble. If not, I can’t imagine he would want to play for this trash culture unless he absolutely has to.

RedinTexas
01-13-2022, 04:15 PM
I suppose Watson could decide to stay, but the owner and Easterby really pissed him off. If the team tries to smooth things over by hiring a coach, I imagine that Watson would demand the firing of Easterby as a starting point for that negotiation and McNair seems like the kind of guy that would refuse any such action.

ModSocks
01-13-2022, 04:20 PM
I hope someone got that boy a fleshlight for Xmas.

Coochie liquor
01-13-2022, 04:25 PM
I hope someone got that boy a fleshlight for Xmas.

It better have a finger butt attachment.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-13-2022, 04:28 PM
ROFL

I was told it'd make you go blind. Figured I'd just keep it up til I needed glasses.

that must be why i didn't need glasses until i was 25!!~!

Titty Meat
01-13-2022, 04:29 PM
It better have a finger butt attachment.

If u find 1 lmk

The Franchise
01-15-2022, 02:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don’t sleep on the prospect of Brian Flores to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a>. I’m told owner John Mara “respects and likes Flores” -- a Brooklyn native -- and that Flores would prioritize the G-Men job “at or near the top of his list,” per a source close to the situation.</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1481706745647009793?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Developing story: Deshaun Watson and Brian Flores have been in constant communication trying to navigate a scenario where they go to the same team, per sources. Watson “trusts and likes” Flores and has been adamant internally that he’d like to play for him next season. <a href="https://t.co/HhBScUy85m">https://t.co/HhBScUy85m</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1482433137019957251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say Deshaun Watson has expressed a strong desire internally to play for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> -- ideally with Brian Flores coaching -- where he could also reestablish his brand in the league’s top market. <a href="https://t.co/L5cgWw8RTN">https://t.co/L5cgWw8RTN</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1482438635395813376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
01-15-2022, 02:19 PM
Isn't that shit considered tampering? Did the Texans give permission for Flores or any team to negotiate with their player under contract?

MTG#10
01-15-2022, 02:22 PM
Isn't that shit considered tampering? Did the Texans give permission for Flores or any team to negotiate with their player under contract?

Flores is currently unemployed, not sure tampering applies here as long as the Giants haven't been involved in the discussions.

Halfcan
01-15-2022, 02:22 PM
Watson would fit in great in New York- they let rapists and molesters out of jail and would welcome him with open arms.

wazu
01-15-2022, 02:23 PM

Flores isn't employed by an NFL team. What are they gonna do, take away his draft picks?

RealSNR
01-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Flores isn't employed by an NFL team. What are they gonna do, take away his draft picks?

When he arrives on his new team and then makes the Watson deal, all of that was because of groundwork he laid while Watson was still under contract and while the Texans (I believe) technically didn't give teams permission to talk to him regarding trade deals.

I'm not saying that's the letter of the law, I'm just arguing that it should be considered that way.

Red Dawg
01-15-2022, 03:04 PM
Flores hitching is wagon to Watson is a stupid thing to do if this is true. Watson has proven nothing in league. He's an up and down player at best. Playoff wins? What? Zero I think.