PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LDT to Bears?

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-29-2021, 09:18 PM
I just saw this article on Heavy.com... I know he has a no trade clause, not sure if this is anywhere close to reality.

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-send-lineman-to-bears-in-proposed-trade/?fbclid=IwAR0pSI-2Wmw7p-x_fss9usLNa0MqYQ4F2qzpi84khl1tAPH8ArqwBX0oQBM

With a plethora of offensive line talent this season, there has been plenty of chatter regarding the Kansas City Chiefs shipping off one of their offensive linemen in exchange for some sort of compensation.

rest of article in spoiler

This discussion came to a head in early September when Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer wrote that the defending AFC champions were fielding phone calls in regards to reserve offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif as a trade piece. And an even more recent trade proposal for the veteran guard has us thinking that general manager Brett Veach should trade Duvernay-Tardif to one NFC team in particular.

Joe Tansey of Bleacher Report recently wrote about three trades the Chicago Bears should consider making to bolster their roster. One of them involved Chicago sending a draft pick to Kansas City in exchange for Duvernay-Tardif. Here’s what Tansey wrote:
“The rearrangement of Kansas City’s offensive line left Laurent Duvernay-Tardif on the second level of the depth chart. Since the Chiefs are committed to their revamped unit, they could look to get something for the 30-year-old on the trade market. Duvernay-Tardif spent all of his career as an offensive guard, so he would not be a direct solution to Chicago’s struggles at left tackle. If he is one of the best offensive linemen available, it could rework its offensive line to fit him in and give its quarterback more protection. … Chicago may only need a third-day draft pick to acquire Duvernay-Tardif in an attempt to bolster its interior protection.”

Through the weeks of the regular season, the Bears rank 12th in pass blocking and 31st in run blocking, according to PFF. The mediocre protection from the offensive line led to a rather disappointing debut for rookie quarterback Justin Fields, who got his first start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns. Fields completed six of 20 pass attempts for 68 yards, and also rushed three times for 12 yards. But the most significant stat: Fields was sacked nine times in that game, per ESPN’s box score.

If the Chiefs were offered a third-day pick for Duvernay-Tardif, one would imagine it would have to be a fourth-round pick in order for Veach to pull the trigger on the trade. Yes, Duvernay-Tardif is a reserve option along the offensive line for Kansas City at this time. But having depth on that unit is of the utmost importance for the Chiefs this season after seeing how much a lack of depth impacted the entire offense last season when injuries started plaguing the offensive line.

If Duvernay-Tardif were to be traded, Kansas City does have other options to back up guards Trey Smith and Joe Thuney. Kyle Long, who is currently on the physically unable to perform list, would be the top reserve option when healthy. Then there’s Nick Allegretti, Andrew Wylie, and Austin Blythe, with the latter two better off as a tackle and center, respectively, but are capable of shifting to guard.

After signing Josh Gordon to the practice squad the day after the team’s Week 3 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, Kansas City’s offense should have what it needs to get back on track moving forward. However, their defense needs to add a piece or two along with welcoming back linebacker Willie Gay, who has been on injured reserve and is eligible to return this week. Shipping away Duvernay-Tardif and using that draft capital — or some of the other draft picks they have — to trade for a defensive playmaker or acquiring one via the free agent pool, like recently-released Jamie Collins, is something to seriously consider. Ultimately, this should be something to consider regardless of whether or not a trade happens involving the veteran lineman.

UChieffyBugger
09-29-2021, 09:23 PM
Have Chicago got any defenders we could swap LDT for? Also the no trade clause could be waved by LDT if he wants to go play for Chicago. I'd imagine he'd consider it with playing time on the table for him.

Halfcan
09-29-2021, 09:25 PM
A 4th rounder should do it.

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2021, 09:25 PM
Khalil Mack for LDT. Get it done Bart.

ptlyon
09-29-2021, 09:28 PM
A 4th rounder ham sandwich and a Fresca should do it.

FYP

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2021, 09:29 PM

I mean it’s only fair. We can throw in Niemann as well

TribalElder
09-29-2021, 09:31 PM

oh god that would be unreal. Not just for the on field results but to read the Raider fan reaction alone

New World Order
09-29-2021, 09:35 PM
Trade him to the Colts for Mack

jettio
09-29-2021, 09:38 PM
I think I have a post in an earlier thread predicting this because of the Nagy connection and how bad the Bears O-Line seems to be.

smithandrew051
09-29-2021, 09:38 PM
I mean it’s only fair. We can throw in Niemann as well

2 for 1 is a pretty big advantage for the Bears. We should also get Roquan Smith.

TribalElder
09-29-2021, 09:39 PM
probably couldn't afford khalil mack unless we send them frank clark and his salary cap hit ROFL

smithandrew051
09-29-2021, 09:42 PM
probably couldn't afford khalil mack unless we send them frank clark and his salary cap hit ROFL

Deal.

Frank Clark, LDT, and Niemann for Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith, and Allen Robinson.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2021, 09:43 PM
LDT for an 8th rounder should do it.

Rainbarrel
09-29-2021, 09:45 PM
Can't escape the scrubs

Easy 6
09-29-2021, 09:51 PM
Trade him to the Colts for Mack

See, that’s what I’m talking about… let’s get creative

The Franchise
09-29-2021, 10:06 PM
Why the fuck does everyone want Mack? We have McKinnon and they don’t even use him.

Easy 6
09-29-2021, 10:16 PM
Why the fuck does everyone want Mack? We have McKinnon and they don’t even use him.

It doesn’t even have to be Mack, hell find some defensive help for hiim

He’s not trash, there’s some value there… someone out there is hurting for a decent lineman

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2021, 10:18 PM
Why the **** does everyone want Mack? We have McKinnon and they don’t even use him.

Soon as Clyde gets injured he'll be featured

T-post Tom
09-29-2021, 10:21 PM
oh god that would be unreal. Not just for the on field results but to read the Raider fan reaction alone

*Addendum: Third grade reading level required.

Bump
09-29-2021, 10:32 PM
LDT + 2nd round pick for Khalil Mack, get er done

Easy 6
09-29-2021, 10:47 PM
LDT + 2nd round pick for Khalil Mack, get er done

Sounds great, makes sense for all involved

But I’d bet Pace and Nagy will hang onto him, in a desperate but futile bid to eek out enough wins to save themselves

bringbackmarty
09-29-2021, 11:04 PM
Not a good situation for the player, if they overpay, multiple picks, better player that fills a need and a low pick. That sounds good. But we may need to get tarded up in here. Brown's got a groin, Niang is struggling. Trey didn't do much last game and creed kinda sucked.

Coochie liquor
09-29-2021, 11:05 PM
Deal.

Frank Clark, LDT, and Niemann for Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith, and Allen Robinson.

Fuck that I’d give em all for Mack, and a third. Do it Beach.

UChieffyBugger
Why the **** does everyone want Mack? We have McKinnon and they don’t even use him.

Mack is a three down back..Mckinnon isn't.

bringbackmarty
Might need to kick thuney to Lt, of brown is out. That opens it up for tard.

Tribal Warfare
09-29-2021, 11:47 PM
Frank Clark & Marcus Kemp for Mack is a fair trade/sarcasm

Frazod
09-29-2021, 11:51 PM
Works for me.

https://c.tenor.com/kD0x_Xxno_MAAAAC/well-bye-bye.gif

oldman
09-30-2021, 07:13 AM
**** that I’d give em all for Mack, and a third. Do it Beach.

Why would we trade anyone for a RB since PMII is supposed to throw on every down? :evil::rolleyes: I think LDT is more valuable than most people give him credit for. And Kyle Long isn't coming back. That balloon has a big hole in it. I think LDT is probably going to hang them up after this season and go play Dr. in Montreal.

-King-
09-30-2021, 08:37 AM
Frank Clark & Marcus Kemp for Mack is a fair trade/sarcasm

Thanks for including the sarcasm part in there. I was certainly taking that trade seriously until then.

-King-
09-30-2021, 08:38 AM
Some people in this thread think Khalil Mack and Marlon Mack are the same person...

MIAdragon
09-30-2021, 08:41 AM
Some people in this thread think Khalil Mack and Marlon Mack are the same person...

Can we has both?

notorious
09-30-2021, 08:41 AM
Allen Robinson, come on down.

Easy 6
09-30-2021, 08:42 AM

Who?

-King-
09-30-2021, 08:47 AM
Who?

Why would we trade anyone for a RB since PMII is supposed to throw on every down? :evil::rolleyes: I think LDT is more valuable than most people give him credit for. And Kyle Long isn't coming back. That balloon has a big hole in it. I think LDT is probably going to hang them up after this season and go play Dr. in Montreal.

smithandrew051
09-30-2021, 09:17 AM

McKinnon provides very little pass rush

rabblerouser
09-30-2021, 09:49 AM
**** that I’d give em all for Mack, and a third. Do it Beach.

Do it, Veeeotch!!

rabblerouser
09-30-2021, 09:50 AM
McKinnon provides very little pass rush
ROFL
LMAO
🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

Dante84
09-30-2021, 09:53 AM
It won't happen, especially not for LDT, but here's what Khalil Mack (EDGE)'s contract (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/khalil-mack-14414/) looks like:

RustShack
09-30-2021, 09:58 AM
Trade him for David Montgomery.

KCJake
09-30-2021, 10:18 AM
The way the Chiefs o line has been so far, I don't know why they'd consider trading away a decent player

Balto
09-30-2021, 10:38 AM
Sadly Bears would take a $39.4M dead money hit with a negative $24.7M cap savings to trade Mack in 2021. His contract is similar to our situation with Clark...Just to much dead money to cut/trade him in 2021.

2022 is when both are realistically cuttable/tradable.

Allen Robinson could probably be had because he was tagged last season and could easily walk after this year. Problem is we would need to find about $15M in cap! Would probably have to send a couple players that would give cap relief...Nagy like Pringle I wonder haha? PLUS would for sure have to get Honey Badger a new contract to even think about it.

Eureka
09-30-2021, 11:36 AM

Since entering the league Maxx Crosby has more sacks (19) than Khalil Mack (17.5) per PFR
Maxx also has more TFLs (32 compared to 19) and more QB hits (32 compared to 27). Maxx has also started 6 less games.

Plus they have this Yannick guy who's pretty good.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ewjb0vdXAAEFm72.jpg

Bowser
09-30-2021, 11:46 AM
To be fair, I'd be willing to bet that Mack sees WAY more double and triple teams than Crosby does.

wazu
09-30-2021, 11:56 AM
Important to remember that this entire report is just some media guy saying it's something the Bears should consider, along with other proposed trade ideas. That said, if it were real, Mooney is the guy I'd want. Deep threat on a rookie deal. Gets wide open downfield but Bears never have a QB that can get it to him.

-King-
09-30-2021, 11:57 AM
To be fair, I'd be willing to bet that Mack sees WAY more double and triple teams than Crosby does.

Not really. Mack isn't what he used to be. Crosby is a better player right now.

The Franchise
09-30-2021, 11:59 AM
You can shit on Crosby for being a Raider but I’d instantly take him on this team right now.

Bowser
09-30-2021, 12:03 PM
You can shit on Crosby for being a Raider but I’d instantly take him on this team right now.

No doubt

Bowser
09-30-2021, 12:05 PM
Not really. Mack isn't what he used to be. Crosby is a better player right now.

Eh, maybe. Mack isn't what he was when the Bears got him, but who else on that Bears front is going to attract more attention than him in pass pro.

I'd take Mack or Crosby on our line right now though, no question.

Jimkcchief88
09-30-2021, 12:16 PM
LDT for Damian Williams the Bears don’t even use him get our RB1 back and put Clyde’s fumbling a** back on the bench!