PDA

View Full Version : Football Justin Herbert or Mahomes?

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
10-04-2021, 08:00 PM
We are starting to see some people saying Justin Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Hebert over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Hebert Or Mahomes?

TribalElder
10-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Mahomes

/thread

cabletech94
Some people are stupid.

Jewish Rabbi
ROFL

New World Order
Peterman or Mahomes?

TwistedChief
10-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Q

You trolled this last year, dude.

Hammock Parties
Never seen Herbie throw a game like Mahomes did Sunday.

O.city
Obviously Mahomes

But Herbert has a better gm setting up his team imo

Bump
10-04-2021, 08:04 PM
every QB that comes out that seems good, people will be saying "is he the Mahomes?"

lol, feels good

The Franchise
10-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Obviously Mahomes

Helps to have a bunch of top 10 draft picks.

DRM08
10-04-2021, 08:05 PM
Obviously Mahomes

Probably true. But they have also picked in the Top 10 for many years.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:05 PM
Obviously Mahomes

LMAO

Easy to have more success through the draft when you’re drafting high every year.

PunkinDrublic
10-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Meh wait until DC’s adjust to him. He’s in his honeymoon phase now.

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Helps to have a bunch of top 10 draft picks.

For sure

But he’s been good in free agency of late too. Not all those dudes are early picks

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:07 PM
For sure

But he’s been good in free agency of late too. Not all those dudes are early picks

LMAO

Literally all of their best players are early picks. Earlier picks than the Chiefs have ever had with Veach.

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Other than bosa who did they take in the top 10? I’m too lazy to look it up

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:08 PM
LMAO

Literally all of their best players are early picks. Earlier picks than the Chiefs have ever had with Veach.

Well yeah, look who their coach has been

Jewish Rabbi
10-04-2021, 08:08 PM

They drafted fuckin Mike Williams in front of Mahomes lol

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:09 PM
They drafted ****in Mike Williams in front of Mahomes lol

Whoops. Forgot about that

The Franchise
10-04-2021, 08:10 PM

Herbert and Mike Williams.

Bump

that's why the draft is set up the way it is. Bad teams can get good players and hope to be better in the future. They've hit on most of their early first rounders it seems. Bills and Chargers and maybe the Bengals could be some competition in the AFC for the next few years. The tides are shifting, no more Pats dominance (thank God). Steelers are done for now.

staylor26
Herbert
Bosa
James
Slater
Williams

Easily their 5 best young players, and all drafted in the top 20.

Marcellus
10-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Whoops. Forgot about that

Just a small omission.

And help me out here again, a team that every year gets ravaged by injuries is better at drafting?

Oh yea and this is a dumb fucking thread concept.

"Some people" are Chargers fans. All 12 of them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Herbert's the real deal. Gonna be a rivalry the next 15 years and that's wonderful. I think he has better receivers at the 1/2 combo when their healthy.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Also, Telesco has been the Chargers GM for almost 10 years.

Veach is in year 4.

O.city
Just a small omission.

And help me out here again, a team that every year gets ravaged by injuries is better at drafting?

Oh yea and this is a dumb ****ing thread concept.

"Some people" are Chargers fans. All 12 of them.

He did take Herbert later which seems to be working out fine. I don’t think Mahomes is Mahomes under the rb coach they had coaching then anyway

Marcellus
If the entire NFL was re drafted today Mahomes goes #1. End of story.

Bump
10-04-2021, 08:14 PM
Herbert's the real deal. Gonna be a rivalry the next 15 years and that's wonderful. I think he has better receivers at the 1/2 combo when their healthy.

he does have some good targets. But we have the best receiving duo in history (at least in a 3 year span lol). Gordon is going to produce, I'm on board that train now.

O.city
Herbert
Bosa
James
Slater
Williams

Easily their 5 best young players, and all drafted in the top 20.

Has Veach brought in any of the chiefs top 5 players?

Mathieu I guess

I’m not trying to shit on Veach moreso saying I think telesco has more of a track record and now with Herbert in tow should be right there

PattyFlakes
Obviously Mahomes

I’ve seen some awful takes on this board but this one might be the worst…

Marcellus
10-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Has Veach brought in any of the chiefs top 5 players?

Mathieu I guess

I’m not trying to shit on Veach moreso saying I think telesco has more of a track record and now with Herbert in tow should be right there

What has been Veach's highest draft pick?

Bearcat
Today:
We are starting to see some people saying Justin Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Hebert over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Hebert Or Mahomes?

10/26/20:
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?

11/28/19:
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?

comochiefsfan
Have you not done this one yet?

And of course the answer is Herbert.

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:16 PM

For sure, it’s harder to pick where we are. I get that.

They’ve also brought in a lot of good players not in the first round who are playing well for them.

Maybe I’m just down on the chiefs defense and it’s clouding my judgement

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Obviously Mahomes

But Herbert has a better gm setting up his team imoCorrect. Chargers are becoming a problem because their GM has done a much better job building their team than Veach has over here.

Shame we don't still have Dorsey or we'd still have a clearly superior roster.

PattyFlakes
Well yeah, look who their coach has been

Isn’t hiring a coach partly the GM’s responsibility? That would fall on Telesco for not finding the right guy to coach all that highly drafted talent.

staylor26

32. The only 1st round pick he’s even had.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:18 PM
Correct. Chargers are becoming a problem because their GM has done a much better job building their team than Veach has over here.

You’re a fucking moron.

carcosa
10-04-2021, 08:18 PM

I'll literally murder u

O.city
10-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Isn’t hiring a coach partly the GM’s responsibility? That would fall on Telesco for not finding the right guy to coach all that highly drafted talent.

True

Jewish Rabbi
10-04-2021, 08:20 PM
Today:

10/26/20:

11/28/19:

Why does he still have thread privileges?

comochiefsfan
You’re a ****ing moron.Nah that would be the guy who drafted Breeland Speaks.

PattyFlakes
Correct. Chargers are becoming a problem because their GM has done a much better job building their team than Veach has over here.

One GM is drafting top 15 every year because he can’t find a good coach. The other has been drafting at the bottom because his team has been in at least the AFC title game the last 3 seasons. It’s apples and oranges.

staylor26
Telesco has had the benefit of job security with a lack of success.

When you get 10 years, despite moderate success at best, you better get it right at some point.

Marcellus
10-04-2021, 08:21 PM
32. The only 1st round pick he’s even had.

And its arguable he is a top 5 or 6 player on this team.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, HB, Jones and then we get into what OL? I mean who is the next player you would hate to see injured?

Bump
10-04-2021, 08:21 PM
One GM is drafting top 15 every year because he can’t find a good coach. The other has been drafting at the bottom because his team has been in at least the AFC title game the last 3 seasons. It’s apples and oranges.

ya

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Nah that would be the guy who drafted Breeland Speaks.

Yea because Veach is the first GM to ever make a bad draft pick outside of the 1st round.

Dorsey drafted KeiVarae Russell you dumb fuck.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:23 PM
And its arguable he is a top 5 or 6 player on this team.

Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, HB, Jones and then we get into what OL? I mean who is the next player you would hate to see injured?

Honestly? It’s probably Sneed. I know people oddly think he’s having a bad season because he’s been beat a couple times, but he’s easily been our best player on defense.

Hell, Mike Danna has probably been our best DL too.

Marcellus
10-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Yea because Veach is the first GM to ever make a bad draft pick outside of the 1st round.

Dorsey drafted KeiVarae Russell you dumb ****.

Chargers have does jack shit in years yet here we are talking about their unquestionable drafting strategy.

Bearcat
10-04-2021, 08:24 PM

We gave them back because the trade off is bumping 15 year old threads... which is still happening.... :doh!:

staylor26
Chargers have does jack shit in years yet here we are talking about their unquestionable drafting strategy.

It’s almost as if having job security despite moderate success for almost a decade can really benefit a young GM.

Marcellus
Honestly? It’s probably Sneed. I know people think he’s having a bad season because he’s been best a couple times, but he’s easily been our best player on defense.

Hell, Mike Danna has probably been our best DL too.

Yea my point is it gets really muddy after 5 or so players. and CEH going down would not be good period. He is very underrated at this point.

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Dorsey's best draft picks: Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones, Hunt, Peters

Veach's best draft picks: Sneed, Trey Smith, Creed?, Hardman, CEH?

Big yikes.

Bearcat
10-04-2021, 08:25 PM

And this thread also has 50 replies in 25 minutes.... it's apparently the guiltiest pleasure here.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:26 PM
LMAO

Easy to have more success through the draft when you’re drafting high every year.

You and Veach dating or something?

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:27 PM

Big yikes.

2 of Dorsey’s “best picks” didn’t even make it through their rookie contracts.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Veach’s list considering he’s had 1 1at round pick to work with and is just in year 4.

Dorsey came to this team with the #1 overall pick to work with.

Again, you’re a fucking moron.

Marcellus

Big yikes.

Big yikes considering where those guys were drafted? You are an idiot. Every one is a starter on a SB caliber team with around a 3rd round average draft pick.

staylor26
You and Veach dating or something?

No, just not a dumbass overreacting to the Chiefs losing a couple games due to turnovers and taking it out on Veach.

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:28 PM
2 of Dorsey’s “best picks” didn’t even make it through their rookie contracts.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Veach’s list considering he’s had 1 1at round pick to work with and is just in year 4.

Dorsey came to this team with the #1 overall pick to work with.

Again, you’re a ****ing moron.Hill, Kelce, Jones and Hunt not first round picks.

Elite players are there for the taking in the later rounds. Veach simply doesn't have Dorsey's eye for talent.

It's why he hasn't drafted any elite players in four years.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Big yikes considering where those guys were drafted? You are an idiot.

Not to mention Sneed, Humphrey, and Smith look like potential All-Pros. Comparing them to guys that are over 25 is just ducking stupid.

Marcellus
No, just not a dumbass overreacting to the Chiefs losing a couple games due to turnovers and taking it out on Veach.

Veach was genius before the turnovers last week LMAO

comochiefsfan
Big yikes considering where those guys were drafted? You are an idiot. Every one is a starter on a SB caliber team with around a 3rd round average draft pick.We are only a super bowl team because of the Dorsey 3.

KC_Connection
10-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Pretty sure you or somebody else made this troll thread last year.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Hill, Kelce, Jones and Hunt not first round picks.

Elite players are there for the taking in the later rounds. Veach simply doesn't have Dorsey's eye for talent.

It's why he hasn't drafted any elite players in four years.

There are at least 3 guys that Veach has drafted that look like potentially elite players.

If Gay could just stay healthy, he’s easily a 4th.

None of the guys you mentioned were elite players this early in their careers. Maybe give it some fucking time dumbass?

KC_Connection
10-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Today:

10/26/20:

11/28/19:
Yeah, thought it was him. LMAO

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:31 PM
There are at least 3 guys that Veach has drafted that look like potentially elite players.

If Gay could just stay healthy, he’s easily a 4th.

None of the guys you mentioned were elite players this early in their careers. Maybe give it some ****ing time dumbass?I think Gay has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy. But easily a 4th? That's some awfully wishful thinking based on how little he's been on the field.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:32 PM
We are only a super bowl team because of the Dorsey 3.

We are only a potential dynasty because Veach sold the FO and Andy on Mahomes.

See how that works?

Care to compare the teams success under those guys?

Has Dorsey ever rebuilt an entire defense and OL in one offseason?

In order to bash Veach you literally have to ignore everything positive. Otherwise, you sound like a complete moron.

Marcellus
We are only a super bowl team because of the Dorsey 3.

:facepalm:

Veach is the guy who found Mahomes. STFU idiot.

Titty Meat
The big LOL was Miami passing on Herbert for Tua. I wasnt a big Herbet fan he wasnt awesome in college but taking a guy with an average arm coming off a bad hip injury? What was Miami doing?

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:33 PM
I think Gay has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy. But easily a 4th? That's some awfully wishful thinking based on how little he's been on the field.

By “easily a 4th” I mean potentially elite young player. He clearly has the talent to be elite.

Good god you’re retarded.

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:35 PM
We are only a potential dynasty because Veach sold the FO and Andy on Mahomes. Ah I see you're a believer in Clark Hunt's fairy tale.

The defensive rebuild was a house of cards that has already collapsed and now we're back to square one.

I'll give you that I'm impressed with the o-line rebuild so far.

jettio
10-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Obviously Mahomes

Telesco has been GM since 2013 and Chargers have 2 playoff wins as wildcard and no division titles.

Veach has been GM since 2017 and Chiefs have 6 postseason wins and 4 division titles.

comochiefsfan
Veach is the guy who found MahomesLMAOLMAOLMAO

staylor26
Ah I see you're a believer in Clark Hunt's fairy tale.

The defensive rebuild was a house of cards that has already collapsed and now we're back to square one.

I'll give you that I'm impressed with the o-line rebuild so far.

So were those at Texas Tech in on the “fairy tale”? Another idiot running with that stupid narrative despite ALL of the facts.

TripleThreat
10-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Obviously Mahomes

I don’t agree, but I can completely understand why you feel this way. Any down votes are people who never learned how to put themselves in another headspace.

He looks amazing, but San Diego seems to have a more balanced team on offense… I know it sounds insane to say that with us having the best WR and TE in the game in their own ways, but we don’t have enough to balance what Kielce and hill provide on offense

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:38 PM
Dorsey chose fucking Mayfield over Allen, Lamar, and Darnold.

Clearly he was the guy that identified Mahomes first!

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:39 PM
So were those at Texas Tech in on the “fairy tale”? Another idiot running with that stupid narrative despite ALL of the facts.I believe that Veach was the scout assigned to Mahomes yes.

So naturally he was the point of contact for those at TTU the majority of the time.

I give John Dorsey the credit for listening to his scout like any GM would do and then making an incredibly savvy trade in order to select him.

Thanks to Dorsey, Mahomes is a Chief.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:39 PM
Dorsey chose ****ing Mayfield over Allen, Lamar, and Darnold.

He helped turn 2 of the worst franchises in the NFL to 2 of the best in the league stop

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:40 PM
He helped turn 2 of the worst franchises in the NFL to 2 of the best in the league stop

No, he didn’t.

He wasn’t even there anymore. He had little to nothing to do with their HC hire or building arguably the best OL in football.

That’s why the Browns started winning.

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:41 PM
Dorsey chose ****ing Mayfield over Allen, Lamar, and Darnold.

Darnold is not better than Baker, Lamar can't throw.

Allen is the only player clearly better but we still don't know what he is for sure yet.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Darnold is not better than Baker, Lamar can't throw.

Allen is the only player clearly better but we still don't know what he is for sure yet.

Darnold has more talent than Mayfield, and now that he’s in a good situation, he’s still clearly the guy with more upside and playmaking ability at the position.

Mayfield has the best OL and running game in football, and it makes his job much easier. When it’s on him, he simply can not get it done.

comochiefsfan
10-04-2021, 08:42 PM
He helped turn 2 of the worst franchises in the NFL to 2 of the best in the league stopThe Dorsey haters can't bring themselves to admit that fact.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:44 PM
No, he didn’t.

He wasn’t even there anymore. He had little to nothing to do with their HC hire or building arguably the best OL in football.

That’s why the Browns started winning.

Yeah Garrett, Ward, Landry, Chubb, Hunt arent that teams best players LMAO shut up cornball

ThyKingdomCome15
10-04-2021, 08:44 PM
I award you no point for starting this thread and may God have mercy on your soul.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:46 PM
The Dorsey haters can't bring themselves to admit that fact.

The Browns were still a joke when Dorsey left. He had one of the worst HC hires ever and they were still a laughing stock.

He had nothing to do with the winning culture they’ve created with Stefanski and the best OL in football.

He also had nothing to do with drafting Myles Garrett.

Other than Chubb and Hunt, he has very little to do with the success of that team right now. Anybody with a clue being objective can see this.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:46 PM
The Dorsey haters can't bring themselves to admit that fact.

Yeah they have to reach and say Veach found Mahomes like he was Brady in the 6th round like 5 other teams weren't about to draft Mahomes. Who was the GM who was able to trade up from 26 to 10? This is peak CP arguing over exaggerate the facts to make your argument look better.

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Yeah Garrett, Ward, Landry, Chubb, Hunt arent that teams best players LMAO shut up cornball

He didn’t draft Garret you dumb fuck.

Landry isn’t even the best player at his position more or less one of the best on the team.

He got Hunt for nothing after we cut him, because he was the only asshole willing to sign him.

He had multiple 1st round picks as high as #1 and Ward and Chubb are really all he has to show for it.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:49 PM
He didn’t draft Garret you dumb ****.

Landry isn’t even the best player at his position more or less one of the best on the team.

He got Hunt for nothing after we cut him, because he was the only asshole willing to sign him.

He had multiple 1st round picks as high as #1 and Ward and Chubb are really all he has to show for it.

Take some yoga classes angry fella

staylor26
10-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Take some yoga classes angry fella

I’ll consider that a tap out.

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:51 PM
I’ll consider that a tap out.

Sure whatever gets you to shut the fuck up and relax

MahomesMagic
10-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Mahomes
Rodgers
Murray

Watson
Wilson

Stafford
Lamar
Dak
Brady
Herbert

TEX
10-04-2021, 08:54 PM

I've been wondering when you would start a thread like this..

Titty Meat
10-04-2021, 08:56 PM
Mahomes
Rodgers
Murray

Watson
Wilson

Stafford
Lamar
Dak
Brady
Herbert

No Josh Allen?

MahomesMagic
10-04-2021, 08:56 PM
No Josh Allen?

No.

He's probably next. And Mayfield in there somewhere..

Valiant
10-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Some people are stupid.

Some people are deberg.

BigRedChief
10-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Which announcer said on MNF of the Chargers that with this Coach and this QB they are favorites to win this division for many years.

kgrund
10-04-2021, 10:21 PM
Which announcer said on MNF of the Chargers that with this Coach and this QB they are favorites to win this division for many years.

Brian Griese

KChiefs1
10-04-2021, 10:35 PM
DeBerg thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackmarty
10-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Layoff Meat yo, just cause you couldn't think of a great username doesn't give y'all the right. Deberg, you suck boo. Always with the suckass threads. The Chargers beat the chiefs on a hot day in September with 6 new starters on defense and no clark or gay and Jones learning a new position and no Thornhill. Plus sneed not really being a #1-2 corner and the mess that is sorenson. Mahomes has been frustrating with the to's and not living up to the gdp of a lot of third world countries but he is in another world compared to HERbert.

Rasputin
10-04-2021, 10:49 PM

Fuck Dorsey this is pissing me off. Without Veach no Patrick Mahomes II no Super Bowls. Fuck Dorsey he didn't find and convince Andy Reid and Clark Hunt to draft Patrick Mahomes II it was Brett Veach and Dorsey got fired by Clark Hunt probably for reasons we don't know or contracts he fucked us over with and Veach made things work.

Without Brett Veach no Super Bowl LIV victory parade.

Megatron96
10-04-2021, 10:55 PM
Herbert is pretty good. If Mahomes didn't exist or had chosen to be a MLBer instead, I think we'd pretty much all want Herbert to be KC's QB.

But he's not Mahomes. And the difference is significant. Maybe it's closer than 85% of the league, but Mahomes is clearly the better QB in every respect.

NEOM
10-04-2021, 11:01 PM
You can clearly see that Herbert is a great QB, more than a great QB. He could be up there with Mahomes and Rodgers but he needs to prove it this season.

crayzkirk
10-04-2021, 11:53 PM
The big LOL was Miami passing on Herbert for Tua. I wasnt a big Herbet fan he wasnt awesome in college but taking a guy with an average arm coming off a bad hip injury? What was Miami doing?

I think they must have hired the same scouts that worked for KC in 1983 when the Chiefs took Todd Blackledge with Marino still on the board...

So far, it looks like several teams made the same mistake on Herbert.

Clyde Frog
10-05-2021, 01:21 AM
AIDS thread. Burn it.

KChiefs1
10-05-2021, 06:13 AM
ESPN loves them some Herbert.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2021, 06:26 AM

Heh. No kidding. Last night they were ready to carve his bust for Canton

dtrain
10-05-2021, 06:27 AM
I award you no point for starting this thread and may God have mercy on your soul.

ROFLROFLROFL

tredadda
10-05-2021, 06:53 AM
So were those at Texas Tech in on the “fairy tale”? Another idiot running with that stupid narrative despite ALL of the facts.

This is more or less a fact at this point, but people like COMO refuse to believe because of his dislike for Veach. Simply put with Kelce and Hill, they both had first round talent but dropped due to character concerns. He makes it seem like Dorsey (who has now been fired as a GM.....twice) had some special eye for talent by taking a flyer on first round talent in later rounds. Dorsey did draft some talent, but he also drafted some horrible players too.

morphius
10-05-2021, 07:01 AM
I always try to look at it as, would I be happy if we'd have drafted the player, and to be honest why wouldn't you be excited if you had Herbert as your QB. Is he as good as Mahomes, iffy to unlikely, but if he were your QB you'd be pretty excited about the future with him.

Skyy God
10-05-2021, 07:06 AM
Phins were massive idiots for passing in Herbert.

Still only has a 100 QBR. MVPat is 120 for the year and career 110.

tredadda
10-05-2021, 07:08 AM
I always try to look at it as, would I be happy if we'd have drafted the player, and to be honest why wouldn't you be excited if you had Herbert as your QB. Is he as good as Mahomes, iffy to unlikely, but if he were your QB you'd be pretty excited about the future with him.

He is a solid young QB, but I like ours far more.

chiefzilla1501
10-05-2021, 07:11 AM
Yup, Herbert's a damn good qb.

But man, we got the whole package. Herbert still has a lot to prove in terms of leading and inspiring the team, winning big games, pulling the team up when they're down. The intangibles mahomes has in spades. I doubt he will match up to mahomes since that bar is set so high. But right now, he sure seems to be the second best young qb in the league right now behind mahomes.

Red Dawg
10-05-2021, 07:17 AM
I hope this isn't really a debate. He is not better than Mahomes and never will be. One day he won't have a good defense backing him up and then you will see how far back in the rear he is from Mahomes. Mahomes carries us to wins. His defense sucks and has since he started. Can Herbert carry his franchise? Can he do that for a season?

I really doubt it.

cmh6476
10-05-2021, 07:20 AM
either > DeBerg

TEX
10-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Phins were massive idiots for passing in Herbert.

Still only has a 100 QBR. MVPat is 120 for the year and career 110.

And I was pissed watching that draft when the stupid Dolphins drafted TUA because I knew that Herbert was going to go to the Chargers and would be a thorn in our side for the next decade +. Then thought thank goodness we have Mahomes!

MahomesMagic
10-05-2021, 09:54 AM
I hope this isn't really a debate. He is not better than Mahomes and never will be. One day he won't have a good defense backing him up and then you will see how far back in the rear he is from Mahomes. Mahomes carries us to wins. His defense sucks and has since he started. Can Herbert carry his franchise? Can he do that for a season?

I really doubt it.

Herbert is a very good player. He is not Mahomes.

Mahomes is generational, HOF bound already.

DaFace
10-05-2021, 10:03 AM

By its nature, sports media will always gravitate toward the novel. It's not exciting to talk about how great Mahomes is these days. Herbert is new(ish) and gives a more interesting story.

OnTheWarpath15
10-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Crazy that the two best young QB's both reside in the same division.

Trying to think of last time this happened and drawing a blank.

MahomesMagic
10-05-2021, 10:15 AM
Crazy that the two best young QB's both reside in the same division.

Trying to think of last time this happened and drawing a blank.

The best young QB after Mahomes is Kyler Murray.

RunKC
10-05-2021, 10:21 AM
The best young QB after Mahomes is Kyler Murray.

It’s close. I’d definitely take Kyler over Baker. I’d actually take both over Baker and Allen.

But man I can’t get over how impressive Herbert has been. 40 TD’s in only 19 NFL games.

Kyler has more mobility but Herbert has a legit rocket. He throws with elite velocity.

Both guys are legit top 10 QB’s

KChiefs1
10-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Heh. No kidding. Last night they were ready to carve his bust for Canton

He beat Mahomes in Arrowhead!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
10-05-2021, 11:02 AM
It’s close. I’d definitely take Kyler over Baker. I’d actually take both over Baker and Allen.

But man I can’t get over how impressive Herbert has been. 40 TD’s in only 19 NFL games.

Kyler has more mobility but Herbert has a legit rocket. He throws with elite velocity.

Both guys are legit top 10 QB’s

Yeah, from a pure QB standpoint I'm taking Herbert. No knock on Kyler though.

MahomesMagic
10-05-2021, 11:05 AM
Yeah, from a pure QB standpoint I'm taking Herbert. No knock on Kyler though.

I just take the QB that is scarier to stop.

We have never had a hyper-mobile QB that could pass like Murray.

If it wasn't for Mahomes, Murray would be the closest to a generational talent in the last 5 drafts.

It was never Trevor.

Spott
10-05-2021, 11:07 AM
I’d rather get shafted on a shitty pizza from Pizza Hut than read yet another useless Deberg thread.

OnTheWarpath15
10-05-2021, 11:09 AM
I just take the QB that is scarier to stop.

We have never had a hyper-mobile QB that could pass like Murray.

If it wasn't for Mahomes, Murray would be the closest to a generational talent in the last 5 drafts.

It was never Trevor.

Again, just my preference. If you're offering a 5-8 guy who relies on his legs and a 6-6 guy with an accurate cannon - I'm taking the latter every time.

MahomesMagic
10-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Again, just my preference. If you're offering a 5-8 guy who relies on his legs and a 6-6 guy with an accurate cannon - I'm taking the latter every time.

Tall is overrated.

It's why people fell for Trevor as generational when he wasn't.

Murray has the biggest stack of plus traits outside Mahomes.

4.3 speed with catlike agility trumps being tall.

I'm also glad Mahomes wasn't 6'4'', or just under it. I think the Rodgers, Favre, Mahomes get better control than a longer-limbed guy for the special off-platform throws.

Murray also has nice off-platform..although he obviously isn't Patrick who is the best we have ever seen off-schedule.

O.city
10-05-2021, 11:17 AM
It's not just height, but frame. It's yet to be seen if Kyler can make it thru a year witout breaking down.

MahomesMagic
10-05-2021, 11:20 AM
It's not just height, but frame. It's yet to be seen if Kyler can make it thru a year witout breaking down.

He won Rookie of the Year in his rookie year without breaking down.

Every QB takes hits. Murray is excellent at avoiding big hits.

Even last year with the injury, Murray played through it. Tough kid. Before that injury he was the #1 QB in FF, prior to the injury in week 10, with KK doing dumb crap.

ModSocks
10-05-2021, 11:21 AM

Mhrm.

I'd take Herbert. And that's not a knock on Murray. He's going to be this year's league MVP most likely.

But Murray's height does limit his vision when working inside a pocket. It's part of why he rolls out as much as he does, or drifts further back in the pocket more than most. To create angles for a more clear line of sight.

It's an issue Herbert doesn't have to deal with.

And then, yeah, there's the injury concern thing too.

carcosa
10-05-2021, 03:01 PM
The media has been desperate to make the Chargers a thing for years, even before they moved to LA.

Herbert looks pretty good, but I'll believe this team isn't a fuckin fraud when they actually win something.

lcarus
10-05-2021, 04:40 PM
The media has been desperate to make the Chargers a thing for years, even before they moved to LA.

Herbert looks pretty good, but I'll believe this team isn't a fuckin fraud when they actually win something.

Yep we all remember how "on fire" this Bills team was the last 2 times we faced them. Look what happened. A beating of epic proportions. We just have their number. I do expect this year they'll have a much better chance than they've ever had. Thanks to our efense.

Halfcan
10-05-2021, 08:17 PM
Mhrm.

I'd take Herbert. And that's not a knock on Murray. He's going to be this year's league MVP most likely.

But Murray's height does limit his vision when working inside a pocket. It's part of why he rolls out as much as he does, or drifts further back in the pocket more than most. To create angles for a more clear line of sight.

It's an issue Herbert doesn't have to deal with.

And then, yeah, there's the injury concern thing too.

Nope.

UChieffyBugger
10-05-2021, 08:28 PM
He beat Mahomes in Arrowhead!!!!!

So did Jacoby Brissett...it means nothing.

RealSNR
10-05-2021, 08:37 PM

I'll believe they're not frauds when they suck my dick!!!!!!!

carcosa
10-05-2021, 11:20 PM
I'll believe they're not frauds when they suck my dick!!!!!!!

If they were to suck MY dick it would certainly go a long way in convincing me they're not frauds!!!!

KChiefs1
10-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Is Herbert better than Mahomes?

https://youtu.be/8Y9CrsGW_08

Megatron96
10-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Steve Young was just on MNC saying that Lamar Jackson was the more talented QB over Herbert.

Apparently Steve isn't aware that some of us have functional eyes.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-11-2021, 06:09 PM
To me, this is the most disappointing aspect of this team falling from grace. What Mahomes did the past 3 years is nothing short of godly and they are going to cast him aside as soon as humanly possible to promote their precious LA franchise and Herbert. So many people already saying he's better and they'd take him over Pat. Just spewing garbage like Mahomes hasn't just lead this team to two straight Super Bowl appearances and broke every record there was in his first 50 starts.

They couldn't wait for this team to falter so they could start really pushing their big market coastal bias again. It also shows in the complete lack of calls he gets from officials. They have no interest in protecting him. Makes me sick, and Mahomes deserves so much better. I have especially hated listening to Collinsworth. I thought the dude was literally going to cum in his pants when we lost to the Ravens.

King_Chief_Fan
10-11-2021, 06:17 PM
To me, this is the most disappointing aspect of this team falling from grace. What Mahomes did the past 3 years is nothing short of godly and they are going to cast him aside as soon as humanly possible to promote their precious LA franchise and Herbert. So many people already saying he's better and they'd take him over Pat. Just spewing garbage like Mahomes hasn't just lead this team to two straight Super Bowl appearances and broke every record there was in his first 50 starts.

They couldn't wait for this team to falter so they could start really pushing their big market coastal bias again. It also shows in the complete lack of calls he gets from officials. They have no interest in protecting him. Makes me sick, and Mahomes deserves so much better. I have especially hated listening to Collinsworth. I thought the dude was literally going to cum in his pants when we lost to the Ravens.

this is a what have you done lately league.
Herbert and Allen both look better than Mahomes today...it could change and Mahomes regains his media darling status

JakeF
10-11-2021, 08:35 PM
Brandon Staley/Joe Lombardi or Andy Reid?

richpjr
10-11-2021, 11:47 PM
I think if you gave any GM in the league either Herbert or Mahomes to build a team around they would be ecstatic. If both stay healthy we'll see some great football over the next decade.

PurpleJesus28
10-12-2021, 12:14 AM
Do Herbert,Allen,Lamar all have more talent around them on both sides of the ball ? Yeah,i'd say they do esp. on defense.Have any of them won a Super Bowl yet ? Get back to us when one of them does.Then it might be a discussion.

NEOM
10-12-2021, 12:28 AM
Let Herbert guide the Chargers to the Super Bowl and then we can talk about being on Mahomes level. Herbert is very very good QB, but as I said about Mahomes, show it to us over a peroid of time, just like Rodgers and Brady have shown us. Then we can talk about greatness and GOAT.

UChieffyBugger
10-12-2021, 01:40 AM
The reality is the media love to hype up the "traditional" QB's i'e white, 6'5 with a big arm, against the Alien that is Mahomes. They did it with Allen last year and they're doing it with Herbert now.

If anyone watched the Chargers gane you would know that two of his TD's were dump offs that the RB worked magic to get to the house..and another one was a busted coverage.

Mahomes still leads the league in TD passes though much to the media's annoyance.

Best22
10-12-2021, 03:28 AM
The reality is the media love to hype up the "traditional" QB's i'e white, 6'5 with a big arm, against the Alien that is Mahomes. They did it with Allen last year and they're doing it with Herbert now.

If anyone watched the Chargers gane you would know that two of his TD's were dump offs that the RB worked magic to get to the housr..and another one was a busted coverage.

Mahomes still leads the league in TD passes though much to the media's annoyance.

Mahomes wasn’t exactly the media’s choice for the next great QB, but he kind of forced himself into that position by being awesome and gained fans from among NFL media and writers.

He’s not going anywhere, but I wonder if there are other QBs the NFL would prefer to see reign. Allen gets babysoft RTP calls that Mahomes never gets, despite being bigger and more prone to run.

Overall the media loves Mahomes, but he is more polarizing because of his success. Nobody hates Allen or Herbert because they haven’t won anything yet. No one cares. They don’t move the needle, like Mahomes.

GoForIt
10-12-2021, 03:37 AM

Winning will change it back.

NEOM
10-12-2021, 04:17 AM

Well...that's the curse of being great. Look at other great athletes. Mahomes will always be compare to his previous years, as soon as he falls short, it will be seen as a sign of weakness and failure, it didnt help him either that people started comapring to Michael Jordan and other great athletes. Fans and media outlets pushed his story so far that it implied you dont need a defence as long as you have Mahomes as QB. All bullshit.

Look at Rodgers. People wrote him off. After last season, suddenly, he is back at the top and people are telling us, what Mahomes has done, Rodgers can do as well...

DTVietnam
10-12-2021, 04:50 AM
Mahomes is off now but still taking him over anyone in the league..
i really think he had too much early success and it went to his head..
these ass beatings will be good for him in the long run ..

DRM08
10-12-2021, 08:38 AM
Mahomes is off now but still taking him over anyone in the league..
i really think he had too much early success and it went to his head..
these ass beatings will be good for him in the long run ..

The ass-beatings have more to do with the front office failing to build a good roster than they do with Mahomes. You have 3 good players and the rest of the roster is pretty flawed.

synthesis2
10-12-2021, 08:46 AM
Herbert is a good QB no doubt about it but I'd imagine that the reason some of the national guys are saying this is simply for click bait or just to get more people to read their articles etc, basically its just a pure PR type of comment.

Just like Skip and Shannon, I don't care for either of them but their program is very successful program and Skip ( we all may hate him but he is very popular) always puts down mahomes etc says he is lucky all the time , on and on, its just a PR thing to people get emotional about it.

I think Herbert's ceiling is Donavan McNabb, he will have a nice career and a outside chance of making a SuperBowl if lightning strikes right. But when it comes to accomplishments , AFC championships, AFC West Titles, Superbowls, he will pale in comparison to Mahomes.

Fun thing to talk about but zero comparison.

RunKC
10-12-2021, 09:08 AM
The ass-beatings have more to do with the front office failing to build a good roster than they do with Mahomes. You have 3 good players and the rest of the roster is pretty flawed.

You should look at Super Bowl losers history. Especially with what happened to us.

The following year is always a big let down year.

That’s what’s happening to us.

BF88
10-12-2021, 10:01 AM
Herbert is a good QB no doubt about it but I'd imagine that the reason some of the national guys are saying this is simply for click bait or just to get more people to read their articles etc, basically its just a pure PR type of comment.

Just like Skip and Shannon, I don't care for either of them but their program is very successful program and Skip ( we all may hate him but he is very popular) always puts down mahomes etc says he is lucky all the time , on and on, its just a PR thing to people get emotional about it.

I think Herbert's ceiling is Donavan McNabb, he will have a nice career and a outside chance of making a SuperBowl if lightning strikes right. But when it comes to accomplishments , AFC championships, AFC West Titles, Superbowls, he will pale in comparison to Mahomes.

Fun thing to talk about but zero comparison.
So basically Philip Rivers?

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2021, 10:17 AM
How many Super Bowls and AFC titles does Herbert have?

KChiefs1
10-12-2021, 06:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/06989b67ea0896fac933f85f2dd5e4ea.jpg

KCTitus
10-12-2021, 06:12 PM

Are you asking as of the date of your post or in the next 10 years...it's probably something we should watch.

BlackOp
10-12-2021, 08:34 PM

I said in the off-season that the Chargers were the team to watch going forward....as Herbert is cheap for the next 3 seasons.

Their main issue has always been injuries/coaching.

Chargers have a 4 billion dollar stadium to fill...in a city that doesn't want them. Of course the pundits and mouthpieces are going to hype them..

People are suffering from over-exposure with Mahomes...he's so good, they just take him for granted now.

KChiefs1
10-15-2021, 11:02 AM
I said in the off-season that the Chargers were the team to watch going forward....as Herbert is cheap for the next 3 seasons.

Their main issue has always been injuries/coaching.

Chargers have a 4 billion dollar stadium to fill...in a city that doesn't want them. Of course the pundits and mouthpieces are going to hype them..

People are suffering from over-exposure with Mahomes...he's so good, they just take him for granted now.

Albert Breer was just on Cowherd & said that Mahomes has been the runaway winner as the QB every GM, head coach, scouts wanted but that more of them are mentioning Herbert now, but they would pick Patrick right now but it’s close.

Dolphins really fucked up.

KChiefs1
10-15-2021, 11:12 AM
@NFLResearch

Oct 10
Justin Herbert: 2 pass TD & 1+ rush TD in a game for the 5th time in his career
@chargers

Since the 1970 merger:

1) That is the most such games by any QB in his first 20 career games

2) Only Kyler Murray & Cam Newton (6 each) have had more such games in their first 2 seasons

BWillie
10-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Justin Herbert QBR by year
2020 62.6 --- RUSHING YARDS: 234
2021 66.1 -- RUSHING YARDS: 60

Patrick Mahomes QBR by year
2018 - 80.3 -- RUSHING YARDS: 272
2019 - 77.7 -- RUSHING YARDS: 218
2020 - 78.1 -- RUSHING YARDS: 308
2021 - 74.8 -- RUSHING YARDS: 153

Get that weak shit outta here.

KChiefs1
10-15-2021, 11:22 AM
Jimmy Johnson:

https://youtube.com/shorts/lwrKX-u2xCs?feature=share

Dan Patrick:

https://youtu.be/kwPbCpgMAGA

KChiefs1
10-15-2021, 03:31 PM
Max Kellerman:

https://youtu.be/v22-5rtr8-k

TLO
12-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Generational talent

RINGLEADER
12-26-2021, 02:59 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/06989b67ea0896fac933f85f2dd5e4ea.jpg

Also 14-15 in those 19 starts. Below average.

eDave
Bumping a Debarge thread is as bad as a Debarge thread.

Just sayin'.

FloridaMan88
Davis Mills or Justin Suckbert

JohnnyHammersticks
According to 493rd in last week's game thread - Herbert

Bearcat
12-26-2021, 03:02 PM
Bumping a Debarge thread is as bad as a Debarge thread.

Just sayin'.

What's worse than being trolled by a Deberg thread?

Continuing to be trolled by the same Deberg thread.

carcosa
12-26-2021, 03:06 PM
According to 493rd in last week's game thread - Herbert

That bitch sux lol

JohnnyHammersticks
12-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Herbert or Mahomes?

Herbert

It's the Charger's division now, time to step aside.

Some real hot take machines in last week's game thread. ROFL

Wallcrawler
12-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Thread title always makes me laugh.

BWillie
12-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Chargers gonna Charger.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-26-2021, 03:14 PM
Also 14-15 in those 19 starts. Below average.

This doesn't seem like math.

dlphg9
12-26-2021, 03:20 PM
Some real hot take machines in last week's game thread. ROFL

That 493rd isn't a Chiefs fan. No way

Megatron96
12-26-2021, 06:15 PM
This thread needs to die. No QB can be compared as on the same level with Mahomes when they lose to a team without a QB, without a WR1/RB1/TE1, a defense, or a HC. FFS, the guy was last the 'Spiritual wellness coach.'

Burn this thread to the ground.

CasselGotPeedOn
12-26-2021, 08:43 PM
That 493rd isn't a Chiefs fan. No way

Not surprisingly he didn't post at all in today's game thread. Probably because we dominated from the jump and there was nothing to bitch about...

RINGLEADER
12-27-2021, 12:43 AM
This doesn't seem like math.

Yeah I goofed that all to hell.

So he's 9 and 10 in the first 19 starts.

Currently he is 14-16 as a starter. That includes the gimmie win over the Chiefs in week 17 last year when the preseason squad played.

So, like I said, he's below average. Dude plays well and puts up nice stats but he doesn't know how to win. Especially when he should win (like when he faces the Texans).

TLO
01-09-2022, 09:59 PM
Generational 9-8 record and missing the playoffs.

PattyFlakes
01-09-2022, 10:01 PM

Generational choking away a playoff spot with losses to the Texans and probably the Raiders.

01-09-2022, 10:02 PM

On the cusp of greatness every year. Piss down their legs every year.

RealSNR
01-09-2022, 10:06 PM
Chargers are the greatest team in NFL history to win only 9 games and miss the playoffs!

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-09-2022, 10:11 PM
Just short armed another throw under pressure...

KC Hawks
01-09-2022, 10:14 PM
Can't wait for everyone to pick them to win the AFC West next year!!!

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Happy feet Herbert

Red Dawg
01-09-2022, 10:17 PM

They will for sure.

RealSNR
01-09-2022, 10:17 PM

Dangerous team! Loaded with talent!

Camaro
01-09-2022, 10:19 PM
Not impressed with Herbert yet

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-09-2022, 10:23 PM
Raiders gonna raider...

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-09-2022, 10:25 PM
So stupid... All they had to do was get a first down and make them use their timeouts when it was 2nd and 1, but ran that BS Mariotta shit..,

RaidersOftheCellar
01-09-2022, 10:44 PM
Come on...he’s good. Wouldn’t trade Mahomes but let’s call it what it is...

TLO
01-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Um...

synthesis2
01-09-2022, 10:49 PM

He is good but would put him as a 10-15 in the league, certainly not what a lot of talking heads say about him.

TwistedChief
01-09-2022, 10:51 PM
He is good but would put him as a 10-15 in the league, certainly not what a lot of talking heads say about him.

10-15? Really? I'd love to see the 9 guys you think are clearly better than he is.

And if you have someone like Russel Wilson on that list, you haven't been watching football this year.

synthesis2
01-09-2022, 10:53 PM
10-15? Really? I'd love to see the 9 guys you think are clearly better than he is.

And if you have someone like Russel Wilson on that list, you haven't been watching football this year.

Well first you have to win at least one playoff game for me to give you a top 10 rating, he has to show me that first. Getting to the playoffs with no wins means zero.

Mahomes
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Carr
Vurrow
Prescott
Allen
Murray
Cousins

KC Hawks
01-09-2022, 10:57 PM
Well first you have to win at least one playoff game for me to give you a top 10 rating, he has to show me that first. Getting to the playoffs with no wins means zero.

Mahomes
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Carr
Vurrow
Prescott
Allen
Murray
Cousins

I like how you say you need to win at least one playoff game to be top 10, then name like 4 QBs who have never won a playoff game.

synthesis2
01-09-2022, 10:58 PM
I like how you say you need to win at least one playoff game to be top 10, then name like 4 QBs who have never won a playoff game.

Great catch, just think those four are better...

TwistedChief
01-09-2022, 11:06 PM

Mahomes
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Carr
Vurrow
Prescott
Allen
Murray
Cousins

LOL. This list is such a joke. And then to say they need to win a playoff game and have Carr, Burrow, and Murray on it... Nice work.

synthesis2
01-09-2022, 11:17 PM
LOL. This list is such a joke. And then to say they need to win a playoff game and have Carr, Burrow, and Murray on it... Nice work.

Right I already rescinded it but still not a top 10

TEX
01-09-2022, 11:18 PM
Doesn't Herbert have a losing record as a starting QB? :shrug:

Red Dawg
01-09-2022, 11:19 PM
Doesn't Herbert have a losing record as a starting QB? :shrug:

I think so.

DTVietnam
01-09-2022, 11:21 PM
sooooo happy to see the Chargers bounced ..

bhhhaaaaaaaaa

PattyFlakes
01-09-2022, 11:23 PM
Stop me if you’ve heard this before…. But Justin Herbert and the Chargers lose another close game.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2022, 11:25 PM
Stop me if you’ve heard this before…. But Justin Herbert and the Chargers lose another close game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mahomes is still waiting to see anything from <a href="https://twitter.com/JustinHairbert?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JustinHairbert</a> before he believes it. <a href="https://t.co/7fqbM0WHik">pic.twitter.com/7fqbM0WHik</a></p>&mdash; Kali Mahomes (@ClayWendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1480408018609229825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties
01-09-2022, 11:27 PM
what a cvck

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I’ve never wanted a tie so bad” <a href="https://t.co/mFuveNprou">pic.twitter.com/mFuveNprou</a></p>&mdash; Joel Herring (@joelherring) <a href="https://twitter.com/joelherring/status/1480408724506349569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa
01-09-2022, 11:29 PM
You think if they swapped teams the Chargers would be 9-8 and out of the playoffs??? Get the fuck outta heeeerrrreee

Rainbarrel
Worst non-tie ever

TEX
I think so.

Exactly. So why would anyone choose him over Mahomes? Guess I should ask Deberg that question.

MahomesMagic
01-09-2022, 11:30 PM
But..Colin Cowherd said Herbert was better than Mahomes...

ROFL

ping2000
01-09-2022, 11:51 PM
Talking head shows love this shit. This is at least a week's worth of shows just on this game.

ping2000
01-09-2022, 11:52 PM
Holy shit. Just saw Herbert had over 60 pass attempts. Damn.

Chieftain
01-09-2022, 11:53 PM
It's mindnumbing how the Chargers miss the playoffs yet again with all that talent in their roster. Herbert is good but he can't close the deal. At the end of the day, results are what matters, not how good your stats and throws look.

Imon Yourside
01-09-2022, 11:54 PM
Sannyasi and 493rd would you both please report to the burn center, it's gotta sting a lot.

RealSNR
01-09-2022, 11:56 PM

The next Matt Ryan of the AFC?

An overrated piece of crap?

louie aguiar
01-09-2022, 11:56 PM

Yep. I’m not sure why that’s so hard for everyone to accept. He’s a stud.

RealSNR
01-09-2022, 11:57 PM
what a cvck

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I’ve never wanted a tie so bad” <a href="https://t.co/mFuveNprou">pic.twitter.com/mFuveNprou</a></p>&mdash; Joel Herring (@joelherring) <a href="https://twitter.com/joelherring/status/1480408724506349569?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why the fuck would he want a tie? Win and you're in.

What the fuck is his reasoning for doing the tie?

RealSNR
01-09-2022, 11:58 PM
Yep. I’m not sure why that’s so hard for everyone to accept. He’s a stud.

A stud with a loaded roster and no playoff appearances even though the NFL has granted a 7th slot in each conference.

Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiight

lcarus
01-10-2022, 12:00 AM
Chargers are the greatest team in NFL history to win only 9 games and miss the playoffs!

Total deja vu reading this. It's almost like this has happened about 12 times before.

louie aguiar
01-10-2022, 12:01 AM
A stud with a loaded roster and no playoff appearances even though the NFL has granted a 7th slot in each conference.

Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiight

I certainly wouldn’t trade Mahomes for him but yeah he’s absolutely a stud.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2022, 12:03 AM
Mahomes 2nd year as a starting QB: Super Bowl MVP/champion.

Suckbert’s 2nd year as a starting QB: Watching the playoffs from his couch, losing to Carr and an interim HC.

carcosa
01-10-2022, 12:08 AM

Studs carry their teams to the playoffs. But I guess Herbert only has scrubs like Austin Ekeler and Keenan Allen and Mike Williams... Hmm. Well I guess his defense is filled with chumps like Joey Bo— huh.

But he's definitely a stud!!!!

carcosa
01-10-2022, 12:11 AM

At least Matt Ryan earned an MVP award. Herbert will have to settle for his many preseason MVPs

MahomesMagic
01-10-2022, 12:12 AM
Studs carry their teams to the playoffs. But I guess Herbert only has scrubs like Austin Ekeler and Keenan Allen and Mike Williams... Hmm. Well I guess his defense is filled with chumps like Joey Bo— huh.

Herbert is very good. But you can't say he's top 5 based on these results.

Direckshun
01-10-2022, 12:12 AM

Matt Ryan is an exceptional comparison, talent-wise.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2022, 12:17 AM

Matt Ryan has had some postseason success at least.

Kirk Cousins is a better comparison.

DTVietnam
01-10-2022, 12:29 AM
what a cvck

Born loser. .

Youll never see Da God Mahomes wishing for a tie

RealSNR
01-10-2022, 12:41 AM

He's a good QB and a huge fucking pussy.

That's exactly what Philip Rivers was.

carcosa
01-10-2022, 12:42 AM
You give Mahomes the ball in OT and he scores a touchdown. Simple as.

RealSNR
01-10-2022, 12:46 AM

Hey now he lost his JAG TE Donald Parham to injury!

T-post Tom
01-10-2022, 12:49 AM
This thread belongs in “The Romper Room.”

UK_Chief
01-10-2022, 12:56 AM
He’s Rivers mark 2

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-10-2022, 02:07 AM
Born loser. .

Youll never see Da God Mahomes wishing for a tie

To be fair this was the play right before Staley went full retard

Dunerdr
01-10-2022, 07:03 AM
Imagine having a Herpbert and a Bosa and getting clowned out of the playoffs by a guy in eyeliner with an interim head coach.

Red Dawg
01-10-2022, 07:07 AM
Herbert is a great talent and very good player but they sure do lose a lot for having a loaded team. He's inconsistent and the coaching staff game plans poorly. They rely completely on the payers talent to get open. They don't scheme up the offense to get guys open.

Spott
01-10-2022, 08:06 AM
Would never trade, but Herbert took a beating on every play last night and kept fighting. The Chargers OL played as bad or worse than ours did in the Super Bowl, but at least Mahomes could scramble away from some of those hits that Herbert took last night.

St. Patty's Fire
01-10-2022, 08:07 AM
Matt Ryan is an exceptional comparison, talent-wise.

Herbert is far more physically gifted than Ryan. They shouldn’t even be comparable, but here we are.

Herbert has the physical goods but he keeps coming up short in these situations.

MarkDavis'Haircut
01-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Pimples gets all the love and he is 0-2 in making the playoffs. Yeah, it is a team game but those talking heads act like he wins everything himself. So just using their "logic."

ThaVirus
01-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Herbert is awesome. I'm not even going to hate on the guy.

If I had to draft QBs to win one game right now, I'd prob go:

1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Josh Allen
4. Tom Brady
5. Herbert

If I was drafting to start a new franchise, Herbert would be second only to Mahomes.

redfan
01-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Ya just gotta try easier, Herbie!!

carcosa
01-10-2022, 01:15 PM
Herbert is awesome. I'm not even going to hate on the guy.

If I had to draft QBs to win one game right now, I'd prob go:

1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Josh Allen
4. Tom Brady
5. Herbert

If I was drafting to start a new franchise, Herbert would be second only to Mahomes.

Your #5 guy to win a game right now is a guy who lost to the Texans and Raiders and missed the playoffs? Lmao

ThaVirus
01-10-2022, 01:49 PM
Your #5 guy to win a game right now is a guy who lost to the Texans and Raiders and missed the playoffs? Lmao

Oh, yeah.

Who would you replace him with at #5? The only ones I would consider are Wilson, Stafford, Prescott and Burrow.

Even if you'd take a couple of those guys over him, at worst Herbert is a top 8 QB, IMO.

carcosa
01-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Oh, yeah.

Who would you replace him with at #5? The only ones I would consider are Wilson, Stafford, Prescott and Burrow.

Even if you'd take a couple of those guys over him, at worst Herbert is a top 8 QB, IMO.

I would replace him with any and all of the guys you named, because they've all accomplished the towering feat of making the playoffs. Herbert has a great roster and still hasn't done that. He can make big throws but he ain't shit until he actually does shit.

smithandrew051
01-10-2022, 02:07 PM
I’d probably go:

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady (assuming you get the refs too, otherwise he drops to 32)
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Burrow
7. Prescott
8. Herbert
9. Stafford
10. Murray

ThaVirus
01-10-2022, 02:13 PM
I would replace him with any and all of the guys you named, because they've all accomplished the towering feat of making the playoffs. Herbert has a great roster and still hasn't done that. He can make big throws but he ain't shit until he actually does shit.

Is their roster really all that great though? They've got a bottom 3 scoring defense. Herbert can't control that and their defense has been nearly as bad as ours was for that stretch early on this year.

Red Dawg
01-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Is their roster really all that great though? They've got a bottom 3 scoring defense. Herbert can't control that and their defense has been nearly as bad as ours was for that stretch early on this year.

If he's so perfect and great when why do they lose so much and miss the payoffs? He is not better than Mahomes at all. Mahomes has dragged 3 bad defenses to the division title, the payoffs and to the SB twice and got a win.

I know this much, Mahomes would have got the TD and won that fucking game last night and never would have been 14 down in the 4th with the season on the line to the Raiders.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2022, 03:26 PM
oh myyyy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ht" dir="ltr">Bye bye <a href="https://twitter.com/chargers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chargers</a> ���� <a href="https://t.co/KPFiqR02lW">pic.twitter.com/KPFiqR02lW</a></p>&mdash; Kenny Nauta (@_kennynauta) <a href="https://twitter.com/_kennynauta/status/1480420048426528768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa
01-10-2022, 03:28 PM

Gee, I wonder if Patrick Mahomes ever had to drag a bottom 3 scoring defense to the AFC CG.

Herbert has a big arm but that's about it until he actually does something.

carcosa
01-10-2022, 03:32 PM
If he's so perfect and great when why do they lose so much and miss the payoffs? He is not better than Mahomes at all. Mahomes has dragged 3 bad defenses to the division title, the payoffs and to the SB twice and got a win.

I know this much, Mahomes would have got the TD and won that fucking game last night and never would have been 14 down in the 4th with the season on the line to the Raiders.

Hell yes Rude Bitch go off!!!!!

carcosa
01-10-2022, 03:32 PM
I’d probably go:

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady (assuming you get the refs too, otherwise he drops to 32)
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Burrow
7. Prescott
8. Herbert
9. Stafford
10. Murray

Good list but Herbert is way too high

Chiefnj2
01-10-2022, 03:35 PM

The 2019 and 2020 defenses were bad? Being top 10 in points against is bad?

Chieftain
01-10-2022, 03:36 PM
Herbert has one major flaw: Lack of touch in his throws

He makes up for his lack of touch by throwing impressively accurate balls and doing so consistently even in tight windows.
You can only do that for so long in high pressure situations. That's when touch comes into play. And escapability, too. He doesn't leave the pocket as much as he should. These two combined play a deciding factor in him closing out games.

ThaVirus
01-10-2022, 03:42 PM

I never said he was perfect and I never said he is better than Mahomes. In fact, I made two lists in which I specifically ranked Mahomes ahead of Herbert.

You don't know shit, dude. Mahomes just got smacked in the fucking Super Bowl. We lost by three scores. Did you miss that?

Gee, I wonder if Patrick Mahomes ever had to drag a bottom 3 scoring defense to the AFC CG.

Herbert has a big arm but that's about it until he actually does something.

He literally never has lol