PDA

View Full Version : Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sassy Squatch
10-08-2021, 03:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” <a href="https://t.co/b9IUku9saH">https://t.co/b9IUku9saH</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1446581635344961541?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Smith's response was pretty classy:

“This is not the first racist comment that I’ve heard, and it probably will not be the last. This is a thick-skin job for someone with dark skin, just like it always has been for many people who look like me and work in corporate America,” Smith said. “You know people are sometimes saying things behind your back that are racist, just like you see people talk and write about you using thinly coded and racist language.

“Racism like this comes from the fact that I’m at the same table as they are, and they don’t think someone who looks like me belongs,” Smith continued. “I’m sorry my family has to see something like this, but I would rather they know. I will not let it define me.”

Prison Bitch
https://c.tenor.com/nwoJ4BS0XHYAAAAC/oh-no-anyway.gif

Cntrygal
So exactly how far back are we supposed to go to investigate/punish stupidity that was already acknowledged and apologized for?

DJJasonp
10-08-2021, 03:32 PM
grabbing my popcorn.........

alpha_omega
10-08-2021, 03:33 PM
Michelin is a fine tire.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2021, 03:33 PM
So exactly how far back are we supposed to go to investigate/punish stupidity that was already acknowledged and apologized for?

When was this already acknowledged and apologized for? Gruden doesn't remember writing it.

notorious
10-08-2021, 03:35 PM
Oh shit.

This might let the Raiders out of that 10 years contract.

T-post Tom
10-08-2021, 03:36 PM
“I’m really sorry,” Gruden said. “I was upset. I used a horrible way of explaining it. . . . I don’t think he’s dumb. I don’t think he’s a liar. I don’t have a racial bone in my body, and I’ve proven that for 58 years.”

Gruden also explained, per Beaton, that Gruden was angry over the lockout, and that he didn’t trust the direction in which the NFLPA was going. Gruden claimed that he has referred to liars as having “rubber lips” and that in this instance he took it “too far.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/08/report-jon-gruden-used-racial-trope-in-2011-email-regarding-demaurice-smith/

And a big shit sandwich to the person that propagated a 10 year old email. Just another log on the fire that continues to burn in this country.

BWillie
10-08-2021, 03:38 PM
Kevin Durant was able to get away with racist remarks to Michael Rapaport so I don't think he gets in trouble.

"Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch.” and that he should go outside and get some sun but that might to too dangerous for him.

So KD was able to both be racist and homophobic and no harm no foul.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-08-2021, 03:39 PM
This should go in the racism is alive and kicking thread in DC so Pitt can finally go back in there.

Why Not?
10-08-2021, 03:39 PM
Kevin Durant was able to get away with racist remarks to Michael Rapaport so I don't think he gets in trouble.

Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch.” and that he should go outside and get some sun but that might to too dangerous for him.

KD doesn't need about 40 white guys to bust their ass for him every week, although I agree with your overall point.

Cntrygal
10-08-2021, 03:41 PM
When was this already acknowledged and apologized for? Gruden doesn't remember writing it.

I was listening to one of the talk shows on the radio an hour or so ago (when I was driving) and the talking head (I think it was Doug Gotley) and he said that it had come out at the time and an apology was issued. Maybe he got it wrong or I misunderstood what he was saying since I was driving through construction at the time.

Sassy Squatch
10-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Came out because of the investigation into the WFT. LMAO The one year they actually look to be decent as well. Poor Raiders.

Titty Meat
10-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Who cares

RealSNR
10-08-2021, 03:45 PM
Why Michelins? I mean, nothing against them, but they're not necessarily bigger than the other brands. They make tires in a variety of sizes to fit a variety of vehicles, just like all the other tire companies.

Does Gruden not know this or something? Has he never bought tires before?

Mennonite
10-08-2021, 03:46 PM
If people think this email from 2011 is bad just wait until they find out what he was up to in the 90s:

https://i.imgur.com/poCsiou.jpg

old_geezer
10-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Who cares

Exactly. This was 10 years ago, times change, people change. I refuse to get worked up over something someone said in the far past. Let's not turn football into another form of politics.

Eureka
10-08-2021, 03:57 PM
I think this was put out by Smith's people to try and gain sympathy for him to try and save his ass from getting fired today. The timing could not be more perfect for Smith.

Smooth move.

Coochie liquor
10-08-2021, 04:09 PM
www.isgrudenstillracist.com

PutQuinnIn
10-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Cancel Culture, you know what to do!

Flying High D
10-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Michelin is a fine tire.

Especially if they have rebates when you purchase them.

MTG#10
10-08-2021, 04:19 PM
Cant stand Gruden but how is that racist? He has big lips, so what? There are plenty white people with big lips as well. This pc bullshit is disgustingly out of control.

Flying High D
10-08-2021, 04:20 PM

"Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch.” and that he should go outside and get some sun but that might to too dangerous for him.

Isn’t it common knowledge that some can complain about certain remarks and the sky is falling and the earth is shaking. While, others can complain of said remarks directed at them and they are told to grow-up, sticks and stones, quit acting like a kindergarten. Always amazing how it only goes one way.

Flying High D
10-08-2021, 04:21 PM
What tires are George Floyd’s like?

MTG#10
10-08-2021, 04:27 PM

Whoever thumbed your post down is a fucking dipshit.

R Clark
10-08-2021, 04:31 PM

Flat

flinchfree
10-08-2021, 04:32 PM

You're a fucking piece of shit.

MTG#10
10-08-2021, 04:34 PM

I guess he has a lot in common with George Floyd then. Because he too was a fucking piece of shit.

-King-
10-08-2021, 04:38 PM
Great thread

jdubya
10-08-2021, 04:38 PM

Probably airless foam filled?

(Duoh) in my best Homer Simpson voice

flinchfree
10-08-2021, 04:40 PM
I guess he has a lot in common with George Floyd then. Because he too was a ****ing piece of shit.

Aaah, the ol blame the guy who got strangled to death by cop strategem.
Interesting play.
You sound like a piece of shit too.

flinchfree
10-08-2021, 04:42 PM
If racist banter were a sport clearly CP would be in for top prizes.
Well done.

MTG#10
10-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Aaah, the ol blame the guy who got strangled to death by cop strategem.
Interesting play.
You sound like a piece of shit too.

Im not blaming him for what happened to him numbnuts. But before that happened to him, he was in fact a fucking piece of shit. And he did not get "strangled by a cop", the autopsy proved otherwise but that's a discussion for another thread that already exists.

KCUnited
10-08-2021, 04:49 PM
There's Fire and Bridgestone coming his way

fan4ever
10-08-2021, 04:49 PM
Maybe this week we'll see players around the league wearing "Don't be like Jon" on the back of their helmets.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2021, 04:57 PM
This should go in the racism is alive and kicking thread in DC so Pitt can finally go back in there.

I've gone back in there. Everything seems fine.

displacedinMN
10-08-2021, 05:00 PM
It is stuff like this I miss when I have conferences.

Hoopsdoc
10-08-2021, 05:10 PM

“This is not the first racist comment that I’ve heard, and it probably will not be the last. This is a thick-skin job for someone with dark skin, just like it always has been for many people who look like me and work in corporate America,” Smith said. “You know people are sometimes saying things behind your back that are racist, just like you see people talk and write about you using thinly coded and racist language.

“Racism like this comes from the fact that I’m at the same table as they are, and they don’t think someone who looks like me belongs,” Smith continued. “I’m sorry my family has to see something like this, but I would rather they know. I will not let it define me.”

That is a classy response. Props to Smith.

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:16 PM

Triggered!

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:18 PM
I bet Jon Gruden hates the back of Forrest Whitaker's neck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ce667D4kHq0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:21 PM
This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

I'm not black like Barry White is, I'm white like Frank Black is.

MTG#10
10-08-2021, 05:23 PM
I bet Jon Gruden hates the back of Forrest Whitaker's neck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ce667D4kHq0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That movie still cracks me up, not sure why so many hate it.

ROFL

Rausch
10-08-2021, 05:24 PM
I would have never guessed that Gruden would say horrible things to people...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bbbc2d2abc2bb73a31103dadeccf7ff8/tenor.gif

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:25 PM
That movie still cracks me up, not sure why so many hate it.

ROFL

Anyone who hates that movie is a goddamn wanker.

BigRedChief
10-08-2021, 05:26 PM
He can’t be racist. You can’t hide that shit for 20+ years in the locker rooms full of aggressive tough competitive ego motivated black men.

Coochie liquor
10-08-2021, 05:27 PM

Awwww, look at the snowflake getting all up in arms over a guy who robbed a pregnant woman with a gun pointed at her belly. Sounds like you enjoy a fat dick in your mouth??

KurtCobain
10-08-2021, 05:28 PM
I don't understand why pointing out some type of feature on someone is racist. If someone said my ears are huge that wouldn't be a racist problem just because my race doesn't typically get made fun of for that?

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:29 PM
I don't understand why pointing out some type of feature on someone is racist. If someone said my ears are huge that wouldn't be a racist problem just because my race doesn't typically get made fun of for that?

It'd be racist if you were a Keebler Elf, no doubt.

You joke like that around Santa's workshop and you're ass will get shanked.

ModSocks
10-08-2021, 05:30 PM
He can’t be racist. You can’t hide that shit for 20+ years in the locker rooms full of aggressive tough competitive ego motivated black men.

Yup. They woulda shot him by now.

flinchfree
10-08-2021, 05:51 PM
....... Sounds like you enjoy a fat dick in your mouth??

Sorry buddy, you're gonna have to hold off on your fantasy shit because your wife loves me plugging her ass.....
I guess you don't stack up?:hmmm:

Camaro
10-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Not racist at all.

Buehler445
10-08-2021, 05:58 PM
There is a pretty big difference between rubber lipped (liar) and what they think he said.

Fuck the Raiders. But this is a non story.

Moral here is be precise. “Lying sack of shit” is the appropriate phrase.

Red Dawg
10-08-2021, 06:03 PM
I think I will stay out of this one.

ku_jhawk23
10-08-2021, 07:30 PM
I was listening to one of the talk shows on the radio an hour or so ago (when I was driving) and the talking head (I think it was Doug Gotley) and he said that it had come out at the time and an apology was issued. Maybe he got it wrong or I misunderstood what he was saying since I was driving through construction at the time.

If you mean Doug Gotlieb....he was saying Gruden might be fired over this. Not sure what else you'd refer to.

FloridaMan88
10-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Why is this e-mail just being made public now? It is 10 years old.

RealSNR
10-08-2021, 07:39 PM
There is a pretty big difference between rubber lipped (liar) and what they think he said.

Fuck the Raiders. But this is a non story.

Moral here is be precise. “Lying sack of shit” is the appropriate phrase.

Quoting this because I forgot to say fuck the Raiders.

Also, fuck Gruden anyway. Just because.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2021, 07:44 PM
We need Mahomes to use his BLM clout to get Gruden canceled so we can eliminate them from the division race.

wazu
10-08-2021, 07:51 PM
We need Mahomes to use his BLM clout to get Gruden canceled so we can eliminate them from the division race.

No, he should use it the other way and save Gruden’s job, for the good of the Chiefs.

jettio
10-08-2021, 08:15 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939268-kevin-durant-fined-50k-for-homophobic-misogynistic-dms-with-michael-rapaport

NBA did do something. Why don't you know the facts?

Eureka
10-08-2021, 08:18 PM
Yep, majority of Chiefs fans may not like the Raiders but they do not support John Gruden getting railroaded by cancel culture. Especially over some bull shit email.

Maybe, if more info comes out something might need to be done but Chiefs fans have witnessed this cancel culture BS that was pulled on T. Hill.

Gruden apologized and said he never meant to offend. End of story.

Baby Lee
10-08-2021, 08:20 PM
Guess he can fuck off to grow Macadamia nuts with Roseanne now.

backinblack
10-08-2021, 08:29 PM
Gruden is pretty obviously a hot head so this isn’t a surprise, but I’d be shocked if he received anything more than a monetary fine. But I mean if they wanna force Jon to step down as coach and get us out of his ludicrous ten year contract I wouldn’t be opposed.

Bet Urban Meyer is happy he’s not the most controversial coach of the week.

Bump
10-08-2021, 08:40 PM
so is this supposed to be a comment on an individuals lips or this is a comment on an entire race's lips? Maybe his lips are big? I dunno, never seen a picture of him.

493rd
10-08-2021, 08:45 PM
He’s done.

rabblerouser
10-08-2021, 08:53 PM
Yep, majority of Chiefs fans may not like the Raiders but they do not support John Gruden getting railroaded by cancel culture. Especially over some bull shit email.

Maybe, if more info comes out something might need to be done but Chiefs fans have witnessed this cancel culture BS that was pulled on T. Hill.

Gruden apologized and said he never meant to offend. End of story.

100%

rabblerouser
10-08-2021, 08:54 PM
so is this supposed to be a comment on an individuals lips or this is a comment on an entire race's lips? Maybe his lips are big? I dunno, never seen a picture of him.

You're not allowed to critique anyone who is a minority. Ever.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2021, 08:56 PM
Mark Davis not pleased

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders’ statement: <a href="https://t.co/b9DphT1MsL">pic.twitter.com/b9DphT1MsL</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1446666258653515778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FloridaMan88
10-08-2021, 08:57 PM
Urban Meyer probably wants to stick his entire hand up Gruden’s ass now in his appreciation for a news cycle change.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2021, 09:04 PM
Urban Meyer probably wants to stick his entire hand up Gruden’s ass now in his appreciation for a news cycle change.

Urban’s Meyers to the Raiders in 2022?

Hammock Parties
10-08-2021, 09:08 PM

You are like a top 10 poster here

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2021, 09:50 PM

It's better if he stays. This incident will make the locker room that much more difficult for him.

sully1983
10-08-2021, 09:51 PM

Are you going to put this "controversial " & "disturbing" non story in your "Racism is alive & well" thread ? :LOL:ROFL that email is a decade old jfc.

NEVER FORGET!!!11

Hammock Parties
10-08-2021, 09:55 PM
It's better if he stays. This incident will make the locker room that much more difficult for him.

I actually think Gruden is a very good coach, and getting rid of him will tank the Raiders for a few years.

sully1983
10-08-2021, 09:58 PM
Mark Davis not pleased

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders’ statement: <a href="https://t.co/b9DphT1MsL">pic.twitter.com/b9DphT1MsL</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1446666258653515778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh for ****s sake talk about an overreaction and I say that as someone that thinks Gruden is dipshit & overrated as hell as a coach.

I'm sure that loud mouth buffoon Screamin A Smith is licking his chops to speak out against this rampant racism going on in this country.

(never mind the fact that Screamin Asshole Smith flat out made xenophobic and borderline racist comments about Japanese MLB player Shohei Ontani and was only suspended for a week. That POS can do whatever he wants and still remains the highest paid ignorant POS on that shitty network.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-a-smith-espn-shohei-ohtani-racist-comments-apology/

Stewie
10-08-2021, 10:11 PM
I don't see Gruden as racist. He fucking hates everybody and it has shown for years.

backinblack
10-08-2021, 10:11 PM
eh, it's more likely Mark Davis would be upset at his order at PF Changs being cold than this

general PR statement is general PR statement, yawn

T-post Tom
10-08-2021, 11:53 PM
Should Smith send Chucky a thank you note?

NFLPA decides to retain DeMaurice Smith, who says it will be his final term

The NFL Players Association won’t be looking for a new executive director. At least not yet.

The NFLPA board of player representatives voted on Friday night to keep DeMaurice Smith. He needed a two-thirds majority to avoid having the job declared open. Per multiple reports, he secured 22 “yes” votes, with eight “no” votes and two abstentions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/08/nflpa-decides-to-retain-demaurice-smith-who-says-it-will-be-his-final-term/

Eureka
10-09-2021, 12:18 AM
Should Smith send Chucky a thank you note?

NFLPA decides to retain DeMaurice Smith, who says it will be his final term

The NFL Players Association won’t be looking for a new executive director. At least not yet.

The NFLPA board of player representatives voted on Friday night to keep DeMaurice Smith. He needed a two-thirds majority to avoid having the job declared open. Per multiple reports, he secured 22 “yes” votes, with eight “no” votes and two abstentions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/08/nflpa-decides-to-retain-demaurice-smith-who-says-it-will-be-his-final-term/

I think this was put out by Smith's people to try and gain sympathy for him to try and save his ass from getting fired today. The timing could not be more perfect for Smith.

Just WOW. Smith now gets to keep his job via a vote right after this bombshell goes viral. It's just a coincidence I'm sure.

carcosa
10-09-2021, 01:20 AM
This thread was rough, fellas

Molitoth
10-09-2021, 07:45 AM
"You better tuck that thing in, you'll get it caught on a trip wire." -Drill Sergeant (Forrest Gump)

Imagine this movie coming out in today's society. Actually that has me wondering if they cut that scene when it shows on TV broadcasts.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Gruden should know better than to say something like that. Not nice.

mililo4cpa
10-09-2021, 07:58 AM
Interesting.....do the Fade use this as an excuse to drop the ridiculous Gruden contract, because if they don't, he'll likely go the full 10....

Of course, that assumes there isn't anything more, which tends to be what happens in the cancel culture. If this is only an isolated incident, then likely the Fade keep this in house (unless they really do want to dump that contract), but perhaps we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg....

DJJasonp
10-09-2021, 09:19 AM
In the 80s, as a teenager, I often pondered what would bring about the demise of our society.

Nuclear war? Aids? Bird Flu? Acid rain?

Nope.

Words.

Flying High D
10-09-2021, 09:38 AM
At least his contract is fully guaranteed.

jd1020
10-09-2021, 09:39 AM
In the 80s, as a teenager, I often pondered what would bring about the demise of our society.

Nuclear war? Aids? Bird Flu? Acid rain?

Nope.

Words.

Is it the words or the Karens trying to turn those words into something its not and now all of a sudden its national news and the only thing being talked about for weeks? Because I bet if you removed the Karens, the words, especially the ones in this "extreme display of racism", wouldn't be given an initial thought.

DJJasonp
10-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Is it the words or the Karens trying to turn those words into something its not and now all of a sudden its national news and the only thing being talked about for weeks? Because I bet if you removed the Karens, the words, especially the ones in this "extreme display of racism", wouldn't be given an initial thought.

no

Karens aren't the ones doing the cancelling.

words are the most dangerous and lethal thing we have on the planet right now (demonstrated by the emergency-response actions that follow them).

jd1020
10-09-2021, 10:05 AM
Karens aren't the ones doing the cancelling.

100% disagree.

Cancel culture is a chain reaction that starts with the wave of Karens trying to make anything and everything turn into a race argument. The cancelling is a PR reaction.

This story is fucking 10 years old. It's nothing. It's only something because the public finally caught wind of it and its spreading like wild fire and a man has his job at risk for something no one gave a shit about 10 years ago.

DJJasonp
10-09-2021, 10:22 AM
100% disagree.

Cancel culture is a chain reaction that starts with the wave of Karens trying to make anything and everything turn into a race argument. The cancelling is a PR reaction.

This story is fucking 10 years old. It's nothing. It's only something because the public finally caught wind of it and its spreading like wild fire and a man has his job at risk for something no one gave a shit about 10 years ago.

Agree to disagree. And LOL at what you consider to be the root of who makes everything about race.

Have no idea where you got that from, but Godspeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd1020
10-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Agree to disagree.

So let me get this straight...

In this specific case, you believe a man is potentially going to lose his job because of his words? Words he wrote 10 years ago. Words he wrote before he landed a $100M job. Those words?

Prison Bitch
10-09-2021, 10:52 AM
Gruden should know better than to say something like that. Not nice.

I stayed up till 3am last nite worrying about this story.

Just couldn’t get to sleep.

DJJasonp
10-09-2021, 10:55 AM
So let me get this straight...

In this specific case, you believe a man is potentially going to lose his job because of his words? Words he wrote 10 years ago. Words he wrote before he landed a $100M job. Those words?

Potentially, yes.

Why did Kevin Hart get fired from hosting the Oscars (and plenty other examples)?

Certainly wasnt "Karens" (unless your definition of "Karen" is way broader than most, which is fine).

You need to watch Chapelle's recent netflix special. He covers this quite well.

T-post Tom
10-09-2021, 10:58 AM
"You better tuck that thing in, you'll get it caught on a trip wire." -Drill Sergeant (Forrest Gump)

Imagine this movie coming out in today's society. Actually that has me wondering if they cut that scene when it shows on TV broadcasts.

Lots of examples to be found. Even recent prime time favorites aren’t exempt. They are now editing some of Michael Scott’s iconic lines out of “The Office“ reruns. :shake:

RealSNR
10-09-2021, 11:00 AM

Gruden will do that himself brah

jd1020
10-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Certainly wasnt "Karens" (unless your definition of "Karen" is way broader than most, which is fine).

Indeed my definition of a Karen is broader than just a white blonde using her race as entitlement. Black people use their race as entitlement as well. Anyone, no matter which race, who screams racism for a reaction is a fucking Karen in my book.

DJJasonp
10-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Indeed my definition of a Karen is broader than just a white blonde using her race as entitlement. Black people use their race as entitlement as well. Anyone, no matter which race, who screams racism for a reaction is a ****ing Karen in my book.

then your comments make much more sense now. thanks for clarifying.

rabblerouser
10-09-2021, 01:22 PM

Lieutenant Dang said that, sir.

Easy 6
10-09-2021, 01:26 PM
I don't give two shits about Gruden, but if thats a fireable offense fuck the NFL

My yahoo scroll over coffee this morning was chock full of sports sites drumming this up for clicks, its a pathetic statement on the state of "journalism" in this country, IMO

Dirty laundry, indeed

flinchfree
10-09-2021, 02:45 PM
................. Black people use their race as entitlement as well. Anyone, no matter which race, who screams racism for a reaction is a ****ing Karen in my book.

I don't know how much more stupid someone can get than what you've posted.

People point out racism SO THAT IT CAN STOP.
NOT, for simply a reaction.
But your dopey ass thinks you can be the diviner of what is an acceptable amount of racism that society should live with?
What, you that short of jokes?
Or can't find something else less than clever to say?

So many fucking stupid people who want to hold on to the right to be an asshole.....
And why?
Because they know that's they're defining quality.
You've got nothing else to stand up on without it right?

If it wasn't so necessary for y'all to hang on to, then you wouldn't be so mad at the notion you'd have to stop.

Losers.

jd1020
10-09-2021, 02:47 PM
I don't know how much more stupid someone can get than what you've posted.

People point out racism SO THAT IT CAN STOP.
NOT, for simply a reaction.
But your dopey ass thinks you can be the diviner of what is an acceptable amount of racism that society should live with?
What, you that short of jokes?
Or can't find something else less than clever to say?

So many fucking stupid people who want to hold on to the right to be an asshole.....
And why?
Because they know that's they're defining quality.
You've got nothing else to stand up on without it right?

If it wasn't so necessary for y'all to hang on to, then you wouldn't be so mad at the notion you'd have to stop.

Losers.

Calling someone dumb with big lips is racist?

Calm down, Karen. Slavery ended 155 years ago. Be happy.

flinchfree
10-09-2021, 02:52 PM

Wow, nice car in 1870.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/A9BPP3/segregated-bathrooms-in-mississippi-in-the-60s-A9BPP3.jpg

jd1020
10-09-2021, 02:54 PM
How do they expect a fat person to fit through those doors? I demand justice!

flinchfree
10-09-2021, 02:55 PM

So I assume those frothing about someone kneeling during the national anthem are Karens too right?
You good for a flag burning by any chance?

jd1020
10-09-2021, 02:58 PM
So I assume those frothing about someone kneeling during the national anthem is a Karen too right?

Pretty close.

The kneeling for a black man who was also a criminal getting shot by the police in the middle of their attempts at resisting arrest is pretty fucking Karenesque. It's also pretty ironic coming from a bunch of guys making million dollar salaries living in their gated white communities.

flinchfree
10-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Pretty close.

The kneeling for a black man who was also a criminal getting shot by the police in the middle of their attempts at resisting arrest is pretty ****ing Karenesque. It's also pretty ironic coming from a bunch of guys making million dollar salaries living in their gated white communities.

No.

Those having an apoplectic fit at seeing someone kneeling during the anthem, for whatever fucking reason, are the Karens.

You know, the one's making more of something than is intended?
Like you are suggesting about those who call out racist behavior you want to hold on to?

jd1020
10-09-2021, 03:07 PM
No.

Those having an apoplectic fit at seeing someone kneeling during the anthem, for whatever fucking reason, are the Karens.

Like you are suggesting about those who call out racist behavior you want to hold on to?

I'm not having a fit. I dont care if someone kneels or stands for the anthem. That's their right. But dont sit there and act like you dont know why or what started them kneeling for the anthem as if they arent trying to send some message that doesnt have any factual meaning, they just aren't screaming and burning down cities.

Easy 6
10-09-2021, 03:09 PM
No.

So cracking on someones looks is now equivalent to Jim Crow type racism?

Have you never made fun of another black guys looks?

You're just looking to be outraged

Mennonite
10-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Wow, nice car in 1870.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/A9BPP3/segregated-bathrooms-in-mississippi-in-the-60s-A9BPP3.jpg

Sadly, this car was lynched soon after this photo was taken for no more reason than the color of its paint and its plump, rubbery tires.

https://i.imgur.com/7TPx4UP.jpg

notorious
10-09-2021, 03:12 PM
This thread needs to be taken out back and shot.

MTG#10
10-09-2021, 03:13 PM

He's THE perfect example of a beta-male Karen just looking to be outraged over any and everything he wants to perceive as racism.

mkp785
10-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Well I think the only correct punishment here is to force them to trade Waller to us for a conditional 7th round draft. That'll make sure that he and the Raiders have learned their lesson.

:D

KCUnited
10-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Corn has entered the shat

Mahomes_Is_God
10-09-2021, 03:28 PM
"Dumborris Smith" actually gave me a good laugh. Too many thin-skinned pusscakes in this country.

Spott
10-09-2021, 04:44 PM

Be careful insulting this guy. I heard he knows a guy that once had an exclusive membership at Gold’s Gym. By exclusive, I mean the guy had a credit card when he signed up.

rabblerouser
10-09-2021, 04:47 PM

Well, slavery ended in America 155 years ago.

There are still slaves in Africa and the Middle East, but that's none of my business...

jd1020
10-09-2021, 04:48 PM

There are still slaves in Africa and the Middle East, but that's none of my business...

They dont want to know where it started or who was selling.

MTG#10
10-09-2021, 05:02 PM

I don't buy that shit at all. The Middle East is predominantly Islamic, and Islam is the religion of peace.

Easy 6
10-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Be careful insulting this guy. I heard he knows a guy that once had an exclusive membership at Gold’s Gym. By exclusive, I mean the guy had a credit card when he signed up.

?... :bolt:

Flying High D
10-09-2021, 06:18 PM

“ Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery. It is an extreme form of labor exploitation where women, men and children are recruited or obtained and then forced to labor against their will through force, fraud or coercion. Trafficking victims are often lured by false promises of decent jobs and better lives.”

https://www.aclu.org/other/human-trafficking-modern-enslavement-immigrant-women-united-states

Eureka
10-09-2021, 08:28 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-votes-to-retain-executive-director-demaurice-smith-for-another-term

Well looks like the vote to retain Demaurice Smith was successful. The fact that this story came out the right before the vote is just pure coincidence. We were about to vote our brother out but now we stand with him in solidarity. Guy got the lowest possible amount of votes to retain his job and told the voters that he would step down after this term.

This whole Gruden story stinks.

rabblerouser
10-10-2021, 12:46 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-votes-to-retain-executive-director-demaurice-smith-for-another-term

Well looks like the vote to retain Demaurice Smith was successful. The fact that this story came out the right before the vote is just pure coincidence. We were about to vote our brother out but now we stand with him in solidarity. Guy got the lowest possible amount of votes to retain his job and told the voters that he would step down after this term.

This whole Gruden story stinks.

It doesn't stink like Urban Meyer's fingers.

Speaking of someone else who's grateful about the Gruden story...

Spott
10-10-2021, 01:01 PM
I wonder what the vulgar comment he made about Goodell was.

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2021, 01:14 PM
"Dumborris Smith" actually gave me a good laugh. Too many thin-skinned pusscakes in this country.

Meh, once you hit high school or so, name-calling looses its appeal as a comedic device.

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 04:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL sent the Raiders additional Jon Gruden emails to review on top of the negative one that surfaced last week and, per sources around the league, the NFL is actively monitoring the situation and waiting to see how the team will handle the matter.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447684688710144000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Megatron96
10-11-2021, 04:21 PM
So, to be clear: Gruden wrote something in an email over 10 years ago that was unflattering to Demaurice Smith, so because Smith is not white Gruden must pay with his job.

But the NFL doesn't have a problem with allowing known domestic abusers to play (a la Greg Hardy/A. Brown/etc.) . . . because why again?

Double standards, baby.

BryanBusby
10-11-2021, 04:24 PM
So, to be clear: Gruden wrote something in an email over 10 years ago that was unflattering to Demaurice Smith, so because Smith is not white Gruden must pay with his job.

But the NFL doesn't have a problem with allowing known domestic abusers to play (a la Greg Hardy/A. Brown/etc.) . . . because why again?

Double standards, baby.
The guys you put in your example lost their jobs too, though. Not sure where you're going with this?

Giant Octopodes
10-11-2021, 05:15 PM
“ Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery. It is an extreme form of labor exploitation where women, men and children are recruited or obtained and then forced to labor against their will through force, fraud or coercion. Trafficking victims are often lured by false promises of decent jobs and better lives.”

What's your point? I can give you the definition of starvation too, doesn't mean it occurs with any practical frequency in the United States. Do you know how many people went missing in the USA in 2018? -3000. They found 3000 more people than went missing. The total amount of people missing from ALL TIME in the USA is 85,000.

As far as importing them in from other countries? Welp, your own quote indicating they are "lured by false promises of decent jobs and better lives" kinda covers that one. The sex workers in the Kraft case are a fine example - listed as "sex trafficking victims" despite direct evidence they were free to come and go and their own direct testimony that they were not being held against their will whatsoever.

Now, does that mean that someone being held against their will and trafficked for forced sexual activity never happens? Of course not. And certainly it can and should be eliminated wherever found, just like murder, rape, or other heinous crimes. For what it's worth, happens primarily in California. But it's neither legal nor common and claims far fewer victims each year than suicide, overdoses, car accidents, you name it, even by the most aggressive measurements possible, which would put it somewhere around 2000 incidents per year in the USA as a whole. Just saying.

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 05:18 PM
Really milking it now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� The email from Jon Gruden – and some of the reaction to it – confirms that the fight against racism, racist tropes and intolerance is not over. This is not about an email as much as it is about a pervasive belief by some that people who look like me can be treated as less.</p>&mdash; DeMaurice Smith (@demauricesmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/demauricesmith/status/1447697994657239042?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
10-11-2021, 05:24 PM
His first statement on the matter was full of phony, pompous indignation and this one is no better... yeah he's milking it hard, no question

The whole situation perfectly encapsulates whats wrong with this nation right now... trying to drum up some minor slight from 11 years ago, with the hope of costing someone their job

Smith is a snowflake pussy

Megatron96
10-11-2021, 05:26 PM
The guys you put in your example lost their jobs too, though. Not sure where you're going with this?

ROFL
Of course you don't. Eyes wide shut, again.

KCJake
10-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Who cares

The entire world. This kinda shit is all that matters these days.

Sassy Squatch
His first statement on the matter was full of phony, pompous indignation and this one is no better... yeah he's milking it hard, no question

The whole situation perfectly encapsulates whats wrong with this nation right now... trying to drum up some minor slight from 11 years ago, with the hope of costing someone their job

Smith is a snowflake pussy
NFL probably welcomes it with open arms. WFT was just raided by the DEA last week and nobody has said shit. This is a nice little distraction.

BryanBusby
ROFL
Of course you don't. Eyes wide shut, again.
Because I presented facts? The Panthers cut Hardy and the Patriots absolutely releasd Brown.

How are your examples useful?

jd1020
10-11-2021, 05:30 PM
Really milking it now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� The email from Jon Gruden – and some of the reaction to it – confirms that the fight against racism, racist tropes and intolerance is not over. This is not about an email as much as it is about a pervasive belief by some that people who look like me can be treated as less.</p>&mdash; DeMaurice Smith (@demauricesmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/demauricesmith/status/1447697994657239042?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh Dumboriss Smith, read my Michelin tire sized lips

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/7e/89/f77e89f164855e62a5b713bd57c9577b.jpg

Easy 6
10-11-2021, 05:35 PM
NFL probably welcomes it with open arms. WFT was just raided by the DEA last week and nobody has said shit. This is a nice little distraction.

Right? haven't heard a peep about that story since the day the news broke

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2021, 05:42 PM
This is all being brought up because Smith was on his way out with the NFLPA. Throwing the race card out to keep his job.

siberian khatru
10-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Raiders Coach’s Emails Included Homophobic and Misogynistic Comments (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html)

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football,” the sports network’s weekly prime-time telecast of N.F.L. games. In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “f****t” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

BryanBusby
10-11-2021, 06:19 PM
LMAO that's the big bombshell?

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 06:21 PM
The Raiders have to fire him those maybe worse than the first email especially with a openely gay player on his team. How can you lead a team now?

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 06:21 PM
Hahaha he's fucked but I love the fact he called Goodell a faggot.

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Latest emails are from 2018.

KC_Connection
10-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Davis is going to end up paying this guy that 100M after firing him. What a ridiculous contract. LMAO

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Won't be surprised if he isn't fired by tomorrow.

mr. tegu
10-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Really milking it now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� The email from Jon Gruden – and some of the reaction to it – confirms that the fight against racism, racist tropes and intolerance is not over. This is not about an email as much as it is about a pervasive belief by some that people who look like me can be treated as less.</p>— DeMaurice Smith (@demauricesmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/demauricesmith/status/1447697994657239042?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let’s be clear. This isn’t as simple as being thin skinned. It’s actively using one’s skin color as a cover for any criticism or insults. It’s intentional, manipulative, and all too common.

Baby Lee
10-11-2021, 06:49 PM
Raiders Coach’s Emails Included Homophobic and Misogynistic Comments (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html)

No offense, but when you find news like this indulge us and take the extra step to find a source other than the NYT.

Not that it's outright false, or that we're doubting the accuracy even, necessarily. Just that a world with less references to and traffic around that odious institution is an improved world.

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 06:50 PM
Yeesh.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s some high level chess/checkers going on with Gruden. The league doesn&#39;t want to suspend him. The league wants the Raiders to fire him. The league likely will keep leaking more emails until the Raiders fire him.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1447724165079969792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
10-11-2021, 07:01 PM
Yeesh.

So the NFL is blackmailing the Raiders?

ChiliConCarnage
10-11-2021, 07:02 PM
and he's resigning

unothadeal
10-11-2021, 07:02 PM
He’s resigned

Why Not?
10-11-2021, 07:03 PM
hahaahha. Eat it Faid

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 07:04 PM
That didn't take long. LMAO

The guy is scumbag

The Franchise
10-11-2021, 07:05 PM
He gone.

Damnt. I wanted him to stay because he sucks.

KC_Connection
10-11-2021, 07:06 PM
So he's going to resign and pass up the tens of millions? No way.

jd1020
He gone.

If that leak of the NFL basically blackmailing the Raiders is to be believed, I was kind of hoping it kept going for a little bit to see who they dont want anyone to know already saw those emails.

Hammock Parties
Told ya.

We just need to take care of LAC now.

Why Not?
10-11-2021, 07:07 PM
He gone.

Oh don't worry Mayock and Harry Dunne won't get a hire right.

Gravedigger
10-11-2021, 07:08 PM
Irony. The Color Analyst gets fired for racist tropes.

smithandrew051
10-11-2021, 07:08 PM
My guess is that the NFL has something way worse that they aren’t releasing. Notice, these got progressively worse.

From just an implied racist-ish message to an explicit use of a word that is widely unacceptable as anti-gay.

They probably made a deal with him. Resign and we won’t release the rest.

unothadeal
10-11-2021, 07:10 PM
In a shocking discovery, Jon Gruden is found to be exactly the type of guy you kinda figured him to be

siberian khatru
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Jon Gruden just informed his staff that he plans to resign as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> coach.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1447729071673257989?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties
https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

YES

jd1020
10-11-2021, 07:11 PM
In a shocking discovery, Jon Gruden is found to be exactly the type of guy you kinda figured him to be

Normal?

Why Not?
10-11-2021, 07:11 PM
ROFLIn a shocking discovery, Jon Gruden is found to be exactly the type of guy you kinda figured him to be

petegz28
10-11-2021, 07:12 PM
That's bullshit...it was 12 fucking years ago...my God people are such pussies anymore

Baby Lee
HE GONE

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

This is clown world.

TribalElder
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders and Jon Gruden are parting ways, <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomPelissero</a> reported. “It’s over,” said source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447729994680176640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

he gone

rabblerouser
10-11-2021, 07:13 PM
He gone

rabblerouser
Twice in one day?

Damn.

KC_Connection
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders owner Mark Davis arrived at the team’s facility a couple of hours ago and went to find Jon Gruden, per source. The two men met. And Gruden no longer will be the Raiders’ head coach.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447730913119457280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is called getting fired where I'm from. Not resigning.

Sassy Squatch
That's bullshit...it was 12 fucking years ago...my God people are such pussies anymore
Latest emails were from 2018.

Hammock Parties
https://isgrudengoneyet.com

ChiliConCarnage
My guess is that the NFL has something way worse that they aren’t releasing. Notice, these got progressively worse.

From just an implied racist-ish message to an explicit use of a word that is widely unacceptable as anti-gay.

Probably a lot of pressure from the others on these email chains to stop hanging them out to dry.

DaFace

I generally agree, but the implication was that there was a lot more in those emails than just the one that has leaked.

Halfcan
Got a little too lippy.

rabblerouser
He gone

rabblerouser
10-11-2021, 07:14 PM
I generally agree, but the implication was that there was a lot more in those emails than just the one that has leaked.

A bunch talking shit on Goodell. Which is what got him fired.

smithandrew051
I’m just thankful that smart phones and social media weren’t near as common when I was in high school. I can’t imagine having every dumb thing I said or did at 16 being captured online forever. Kids growing up today need to be extremely aware of that.

Granted, Gruden was a grown man and all with his issues. Also, he’s a Raider so fuck him.

Sassy Squatch
Thanks for the thread title change. Was about to ask.

GoChargers
They just cut away from Monday Night Football with breaking news and I thought they were going to announce that someone died or something. Turns out it was just one of the most overrated coaches in history getting fired. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
10-11-2021, 07:15 PM
mahomes came thru

BLM 4 LYFE

petegz28
Latest emails were from 2018.

I was not aware of this....

backinblack
goodbye

I assure you not many Raider fans will be torn up about him leaving.

Hammock Parties
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking News: The NFL coach Jon Gruden used misogynistic and homophobic language for years, a review of his emails shows. He denounced the emergence of women referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of protests during the national anthem. <a href="https://t.co/F3QpqV9yZS">https://t.co/F3QpqV9yZS</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1447714413608374278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
Faders will most likely still have to pay his contract in full.

rabblerouser
Also, he’s a Raider so **** him.

But they really haven't been good since he came back.

I was hoping that he'd get a lifetime contract...

DTVietnam
10-11-2021, 07:16 PM
hold long until the raiders dial up Eric Beinemy

Hammock Parties
damn, gruden was a badass LMAO

In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

DaFace
Thanks for the thread title change. Was about to ask.

We try. Honestly I wish people would just post new news in new threads, but such is life.

srvy
hmmmm well back to retirement. Snowballs chance he can sweep floors for an NFL franchise again.

Stryker
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

FUCK YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eafRE74JGZ8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

petegz28
10-11-2021, 07:17 PM
We try. Honestly I wish people would just post new news in new threads, but such is life.

Yeah but then Cosmo neg reps you for starting a new thread and stuff...

jd1020
10-11-2021, 07:18 PM
hmmmm well back to retirement. Snowballs chance he can sweep floors for an NFL franchise again.

I would imagine a nice big check was cut considering his contract was guaranteed. He'll be fine in retirement.

DaFace

Depends. Contracts almost always allow people to be fired for cause. My guess is they already have an agreement in place that's somewhere between "he gets his full contract amount" and "he gets nothing."

Easy 6
Krazy

NEOM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking News: The NFL coach Jon Gruden used misogynistic and homophobic language for years, a review of his emails shows. He denounced the emergence of women referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of protests during the national anthem. <a href="https://t.co/F3QpqV9yZS">https://t.co/F3QpqV9yZS</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1447714413608374278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Though, probably 80% of all football fans think the same.

Sassy Squatch
10-11-2021, 07:19 PM
Oof.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There are a lot of terrible things about this Gruden story but I can&#39;t get over Bruce Allen forcing Washington&#39;s cheerleaders to do a topless photoshoot and then using his team email account to send the pictures to Gruden</p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1447731633583534082?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat
Dumb fuck the NFL

dirk digler

I have no doubt the NFL has way worse emails but from reading up on this they couldn't really suspend him so they were pressuring the Raiders do it by the drip drip of these emails.

TribalElder
10-11-2021, 07:20 PM

If he resigns I wonder if they will still have to pay him

If he got fired I could see that

Pablo
10-11-2021, 07:20 PM
Now he gets to live his real dream of being the front man in a Dire Straits cover band

BryanBusby
10-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Oof.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There are a lot of terrible things about this Gruden story but I can&#39;t get over Bruce Allen forcing Washington&#39;s cheerleaders to do a topless photoshoot and then using his team email account to send the pictures to Gruden</p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1447731633583534082?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Oof. I think this is much worse than anything Gruden said, if true.

TwistedChief
10-11-2021, 07:22 PM
This is a 'protecting the shield' firing. It's not just the Smith stuff, it's not just the Goodell stuff, it's not just the homophobic or mysognistic stuff - it's the totality of it all. The reveal hurts the NFL's brand. This isn't strictly a cancel culture issue - this is an economic decision.

If you work in an industry and you're talking shit about your boss, your employees, your suppliers, etc, and all of that becomes public, you better believe your employment might become untenable.

Thoroughly enjoying this.

bringbackmarty
10-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Shit now they might get a decent coach.

rabblerouser
10-11-2021, 07:24 PM

Gruden won.

Pablo
Three times now

rabblerouser
Three times now

Been a rough day for ol' Chuckles.

PHOG
Because Raiders

New World Order
10-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Raaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiders

BryanBusby
10-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Gruden won.
Not as much as he would have if he just sucked as a coach.

I would anticipate he's getting much less to leave under these circumstances.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2021, 07:27 PM
GRUDEN TOLD GLAZER TO SUCK HIS DICK LMAO

In one email from 2015 that includes Droste, McVay and others, Gruden crudely asked Allen to tell Bryan Glazer, whose family owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers where Gruden coached until 2008, to perform oral sex on him. Allen said Glazer would “take you up on that offer.”

Rainbarrel
10-11-2021, 07:27 PM
Carr is like a roving foster child, in the same house.

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 07:28 PM
Maybe they will hire EB

Tonka83
Internet is forever.

louie aguiar
Haha- he won’t be able to fall back on a cushy espn job now either

Red Dawg
10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Chucky will not be hired anywhere now. That shit will follow him.

NEOM
What kind of idiot you have to be to put stuff like that into email ? Even if you discuss it with friends. I always wonder why people in power have brain farts like these…we live in a time in which nobody is untouchable, i have seen man in power lose their job in their own fuckin firm due to miss behavior.

Hammock Parties
Chucky will not be hired anywhere now. That shit will follow him.

he's laughing all the way to the bank

Red Dawg
10-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Haha- he won’t be able to fall back on a cushy espn job now either

Thank gawd. He sucks at that as well.

Pogue
10-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Just when the nfl ratings go up, this happens.

Rain Man
10-11-2021, 07:31 PM
Time to update the "is Gruden gone yet" website.

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

mr. tegu
10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Dumb.

Bowser
But, is he still part owner of the team that just fired him as head coach? Wasn't that part of his deal, 10% ownership?

Hammock Parties
What kind of idiot you have to be to put stuff like that into email ? Even if you discuss it with friends. I always wonder why people in power have brain farts like these…we live in a time in which nobody is untouchable, i have seen man in power lose their job in their own fuckin firm due to miss behavior.

at least keep it on personal phone email

dumbass

Peter Gibbons
Is this really because he is tired of splitting his time between the Raiders and that new Chucky series?

Pablo
Just locker room talk

KC_Connection
10-11-2021, 07:33 PM
he's laughing all the way to the bank
Assuming he's getting paid that money still, yes.

GloucesterChief
damn, gruden was a badass LMAO

I mean he wasn't wrong about Goodell being clueless or anti-football.

WhawhaWhat
Oof. I think this is much worse than anything Gruden said, if true.

I'd like to see those photos first before deciding how bad it is.

Rain Man
I haven't followed this closely, but I think an interesting part of the story is who these emails were sent to, and why they released them. Can someone enlighten me on these things?

jd1020
10-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Not as much as he would have if he just sucked as a coach.

I would anticipate he's getting much less to leave under these circumstances.

Time is money. He's probably got a nice little settlement check that will cover the rest of his life and he doesnt have to work any more.

DaFace
10-11-2021, 07:34 PM
I haven't followed this closely, but I think an interesting part of the story is who these emails were sent to, and why they released them. Can someone enlighten me on these things?

My guess is that the first email leaked, and the rest of them were found by his employers when they looked into it.

BryanBusby
10-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Time is money. He's probably got a nice little settlement check that will cover the rest of his life and he doesnt have to work any more.
Yeah I'm sure he gets a nice payout, but it will not be 60 million

dirk digler
All Gruden has known is football and now he will never get that back..well at least in the NFL. Maybe some HS would take him in a few years

Bowser
Can he play safety?

Sassy Squatch
Sent to Bruce Allen. Uncovered in the investigation into the WFT.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2021, 07:36 PM
I mean he wasn't wrong about Goodell being clueless or anti-football.

Paul Tagliabue was the GOAT

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 07:36 PM

They were part of the investigation into the Redskins\Synder. His best buddy is Bruce Allen who was the GM\President of the Skins.

Pogue
10-11-2021, 07:37 PM
Yeesh.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There&#39;s some high level chess/checkers going on with Gruden. The league doesn&#39;t want to suspend him. The league wants the Raiders to fire him. The league likely will keep leaking more emails until the Raiders fire him.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1447724165079969792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They’ll leak the emails anyway. I hate the Raiders but Al Davis must be rolling in his grave, he’d tell Rogers to go fuck himself.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2021, 07:37 PM

Bruce Allen, the former Redskins GM.

Who was forced to resign too.

Rain Man
10-11-2021, 07:38 PM
They were part of the investigation into the Redskins\Synder. His best buddy is Bruce Allen who was the GM\President of the Skins.

Ohhhh, that's interesting. So Gruden just happened to be in the same foxhole when the mortar strikes came down.

Spott
My guess is that the first email leaked, and the rest of them were found by his employers when they looked into it.

This part is pretty baffling. I’m guessing this kind of banter is pretty typical out on the practice field, but using your work email to do it is just crazy.

KC_Connection
Depends. Contracts almost always allow people to be fired for cause. My guess is they already have an agreement in place that's somewhere between "he gets his full contract amount" and "he gets nothing."
The guy is clearly an asshole, but it's hard for me to see how emails that he wrote years ago when not employed with the organization would be considered cause. Gruden would win that legal fight, if it in fact becomes a fight.

InChiefsHeaven
Sigh. He said bad things...and wrote them in emails. I think it's stupid that this is a thing, but it's a thing. You have to be smarter than that. Hell, I don't even flirt with my wife via email at work. And I'm pretty sure after 30+ years she's not gonna sue...but someone else might if they see it...

Marcellus
10-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Not the first or last time a dude gets fired not for being wrong but for not being PC about it.

You have to ask though if some of the emails were sent to Mark Davis and he didn’t fire Gruden until it got leaked then………

Edit: I’m not homophobic when I said he wasn’t wrong I mean calling Goodell a weak pussy etc… Nor do I like women refs just to have women refs.

R8RFAN
10-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Assuming he's getting paid that money still, yes.

Nah he resigned, probably given a choice to resign and not get paid or fired for some kind of contract detrimental to the team clause in the contract and not get paid.

Gruden said if he could not get the job done he would not take the money. Gruden supposedly said some homophobic shit as well and some sexist shit too.

Whatever, life goes on for me and Good Luck to Chucky... Maybe we can get a certain offensive coordinator that wears some ketchup and mustard gear right now.

dirk digler
10-11-2021, 07:41 PM
Ohhhh, that's interesting. So Gruden just happened to be in the same foxhole when the mortar strikes came down.

What's interesting is that very little info has been leaked about the investigation into the Redskins. But not these emails lol

gblowfish
10-11-2021, 07:42 PM
Raiders whacked him

SupDock
Again?

Just kidding. Probably deserves its own thread

Marcellus
Sigh. He said bad things...and wrote them in emails. I think it's stupid that this is a thing, but it's a thing. You have to be smarter than that. Hell, I don't even flirt with my wife via email at work. And I'm pretty sure after 30+ years she's not gonna sue...but someone else might if they see it...

Yup

Delano
10-11-2021, 07:43 PM
Imagine getting fired by a guy with that haircut.