PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 10 things we don't want to see against Buffalo

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:06 AM
My buddies and I watched the previous match up against these guys, and if you haven't taken that refresher, you should. You'll feel a lot better. We aren't even close to the same Chiefs team.

As an homage to the great gblowfish and his amazing column, here are 10 things that we don't want to see against the Bills, and if we don't, we kick their asses.

1. Clyde.

Don't know if he's even cleared to go as of this writing, but Jerick McKinnon needs to be the bell cow for this game. Clyde has been unimpressive overall, and just because he's a healthy first round pick, that alone should not send our fastest, arguably most dangerous back to the pine. It's not quite Bono/Gannon or Grbac/Gannon, but it's close. McKinnon is hot right now, and he's earned the start here.

2. Dan Sorenson.

Can someone just slip a positive covid test in this guys locker? Sorensen was absolutely abused in the first meeting. If Steve insists on trotting Dirty Dan out there, he'd better be in the box. He cannot hang with ANY of the receiving threats the Bills have, even with a 15 yard head start, and even if he could, he'd miss the tackle.

3. Don't spam the quick game.

At times in this offense, we get very repetitive with our playcalls in the short game, and this season has led to multiple turnovers with d linemen being all over the play, and even being the ones to intercept the ball a couple times.

4. Don't play guys who shouldn't be on the field.

Marcus Kemp quickly comes to mind, but the coaching staff for all phases of the ball need to play the best players we have. We shouldn't have a situation where Kemp runs the wrong route for an int, some dumbass smashing into the punter when we are getting the ball back, or a defender who not only doesn't know his assignment, but couldn't tackle the ball carrier in a phone booth. This game is the deep end if the pool and we've got several guys who cannot swim.

5. Volleyballs.

The receiving corps need to be focused and catch their passes, and at the least, don't tip it up for picks. We had one of Hill's volleyballs go back for 6 in the first contest.

6. Bad decisions in ST.

For the love of GOD if you cannot make the 25, kneel the ball in the endzone. We've not only started inside the 25 way too much just based on coverage, but we are one of the most penalized return units in football. Don't put 15 in a hole to start. Punt returner, put your heels on the 10 and let it go over your head if you have to move backward to field it.

7. No dumb shit to give refs any excuse to screw us.

Play smart. We had a TERRIBLE roughing the passer call erase a turnover that could have put us right back into the game in the first meeting. If the qb lets the ball go, don't do anything dumb that could erase a huge play on the back end. Pushing Josh Allen down to bail him out of a bone head throw is just not something we can have.

8. Don't stop our guys for them.

If something is working, don't just stop doing it. Andy has a penchant for doing this, usually with his running backs. We aren't beating them one dimensionally. Make them stop the player, don't just stop calling his number.

9. No dumb timeouts.

Asking a lot here, I know. Understand the flow of the game and don't give the opposition more time than they have unless you're absolutely certain we can get the stop.

10. Don't treat 3rd and forever like 3rd and short.

Seriously, Steve. Play coverage, get the ball back to your qb.

I honestly believe the Bills are in for a massive letdown. They crushed an injury depleted Patriots team with a qb that was never going to answer the bell.

They were at home, in arctic Temps that even Patriots players are now saying they just were not prepared and did not have the mindset to play that game.

At Arrowhead stadium, if Josh Allen thought the first meeting was loud, he's in for a real treat this time.

I feel like we roll them. It will be a catastrophic collapse for Josh Allen, question marks over Sean McDerpitt, and a dejected Stefon Diggs watching another Arrowhead crowd celebrate.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:08 AM
Of your list, we will see almost all of them. Why do you do this to yourself?

The Franchise
01-21-2022, 10:09 AM
K

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:11 AM
This is insightful. Someone actually took the time to write this.

Rainbarrel
01-21-2022, 10:13 AM
How batted balls at the line land and some one fast left in the backfield on blitzes

Molitoth
01-21-2022, 10:16 AM
Good OP imo.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:18 AM
Of your list, we will see almost all of them. Why do you do this to yourself?

If we do, the game will be much closer than it should be, and the game thread will be in rare form.

Gotta say though, if we see Dan Sorensen give up a massive play because Steve has him deep, you gotta have firing him on the table. This is the playoffs, Sorensen is proven garbage to this point, and playing him deep anyway is tantamount to sabotage.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:18 AM
Good OP imo.

Except he basically made a laundry list of things to bitch about before the game is even played.

Almost all of those things are going to happen and yet the Chiefs are still going to win.

What does this accomplish other than reveling in misery?

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:19 AM
If we do, the game will be much closer than it should be, and the game thread will be in rare form.

Gotta say though, if we see Dan Sorensen give up a massive play because Steve has him deep, you gotta have firing him on the table. This is the playoffs, Sorensen is proven garbage to this point, and playing him deep anyway is tantamount to sabotage.

Soernson is going to play and firing Spags is laughable.

Seriously, don't do the game day threads. They're horrible.

Take a deep breath and actually enjoy the game instead.

L.A. Chieffan
01-21-2022, 10:19 AM
Just contain Allen from running make Dirty Dan spy his ass the whole game. You keep him from getting those easy first downs on the ground and we got this

splatbass
01-21-2022, 10:21 AM
Some good points, but mostly just negativity. Why so negative? These are good times, enjoy them.

The Franchise
01-21-2022, 10:21 AM
Clyde will play if he’s healthy. We only have McKinnon and Gore.

Sorenson is going to play. Whether he’s the deep safety has yet to be seen but he will be playing. Niemann will be playing as well.

STs is going to take the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs. Toub teaches them to do that.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:24 AM
Except he basically made a laundry list of things to bitch about before the game is even played.

Almost all of those things are going to happen and yet the Chiefs are still going to win.

What does this accomplish other than reveling in misery?

It begs the question, WHY would we see them?

I mean a lot if this stuff is just basic common sense for the coaches.

Is it too much to ask a returner not to play hero ball and start us at the 5 after a hold?

Or to give the players extra emphasis in regard to hitting the NFLs new golden boy for cheap bailouts?

I don't. I think if even HALF this list is cleaned up, we win by 2 scores.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:24 AM
I hope each thing happens. Just to see the fallout.

Hoover
01-21-2022, 10:25 AM
The best thing that happened this season was the Pittsburg regular season game. No Kelce, and really no Hill. Ever since that game we have seen better use of Hardman, not as the #2 WR we all hope for, but as a guy who can add an explosive element. He's dangerous, and how we have used him in the last 3-4 games has to concern the bills.

Pringle and D-Rob have also been much more involved since that game. And then there is the screen game with McKinnon. This offense is completely different than the one we say in week five. No way we don't put up 30 plus points in this one.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:25 AM

Is it too much to ask a returner not to play hero ball and start us at the 5 after a hold?

Or to give the players extra emphasis in regard to hitting the NFLs new golden boy for cheap bailouts?

Because Andy says so.

He’s has the authority to say it so therefore it will happen.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:26 AM

Some of your ideas are completely valid.

It's the same old "Sorenson this and Kemp that" that is just setting you up to be disappointed.

Hoover
01-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Play, yeah of course he will play. I just hope we don't see these drives where its three yards and a cloud of dust trying to get him going. I want the screen game we saw last week.

wazu
01-21-2022, 10:27 AM
#11. Neil Smith

RaidersOftheCellar
01-21-2022, 10:28 AM
Spags won’t put Dirty Dan in a situation in which he’s able to burn us again......right?

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:29 AM
Spags won’t put Dirty Dan in a situation to be able to burn us again......right?

JFC. Some people just like to panic to panic.

Sorensen isn’t the sole reason for wins and losses. Get a grip man.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:30 AM
Some of your ideas are completely valid.

It's the same old "Sorenson this and Kemp that" that is just setting you up to be disappointed.

Honestly may die from alcohol poisoning if it's a Sorenson play.

I mean we have film of him utterly failing every aspect of his job in the first meeting. There's no way in a sane and rational world we would put him out there to screw us again.

I also firmly believe Clyde will play, but I think McKinnon should start. He's shown himself to be dangerous. Against that defense, his speed to get outside is a difference maker.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:31 AM
You don’t want to lose? Tell Mahomes not not turn the ducking ball over and stop going 3 and out leaving the defense out to dry.

You do that and sorenson isn’t a factor.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:32 AM
Honestly may die from alcohol poisoning if it's a Sorenson play.

I mean we have film of him utterly failing every aspect of his job in the first meeting. There's no way in a sane and rational world we would put him out there to screw us again.

I also firmly believe Clyde will play, but I think McKinnon should start. He's shown himself to be dangerous. Against that defense, his speed to get outside is a difference maker.

ROFL.

Wow.

ROFL

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:36 AM
You don’t want to lose? Tell Mahomes not not turn the ducking ball over and stop going 3 and out leaving the defense out to dry.

A guy who cant run that regularly gives up chunk plays in deep coverage, will always be a factor no matter how good your offense is.

These are the lessons taught to us by Greg Robinson and Bob Sutton. Strange you would forget them so quickly.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:37 AM
A guy who cant run that regularly gives up chunk plays in deep coverage, will always be a factor no matter how good your offense is.

These are the lessons taught to us by Greg Robinson and Bob Sutton. Strange you would forget them so quickly.

3 straight AFC championships, going on a 4th.

2 straight Super Bowls.

1st Super Bowl victory in 50 years.

It seems you're the one forgetting.

MahomesKnows
01-21-2022, 10:40 AM
I only have one - a loss

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:43 AM

I know this is what CP has told you and your playing the narrative.

But this defense isn’t the same defense you saw bailing out the offense the first 7 weeks.

Sorenson isn’t the reason to get upset. You’re just projecting so if something bad happens you can blame this one guys. Deservedly or not.

Let it go man.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:43 AM

2 straight Super Bowls.

But Sorensen!!!!!

RaidersOftheCellar
01-21-2022, 10:46 AM

If Mahomes has a turnover, you live with it. Because he’s a thousand times better than Henne and because he’ll usually make up for it.

But there’s a guy named Thornhill who plays the same position as Sorenson. You don’t have to live with his bad play.

There’s a reason that Dan went from playing almost every snap vs Buffalo to getting benched the next week. He was horrific and singlehandedly allowed 2-3 scores. The worrisome part is that Dan’s been getting more and more snaps lately.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:47 AM
The worrisome part is that Dan’s been getting more and more snaps lately.

Mostly as a nickel/dime backer, not as a deep safety.

Red Dawg
01-21-2022, 10:48 AM
There is only one thing we don't want to see against Buffalo. Them with points than us at the end of the game. Win by 1 or 100 is all that matters.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 10:49 AM
If Mahomes has a turnover, you live with it. Because he’s a thousand times better than Henne and because he’ll usually make up for it.

But there’s a guy named Thornhill who plays the same position as Sorenson. You don’t have to live with his bad play.

There’s a reason that Dan went from playing almost every snap vs Buffalo to getting benched the next week. He was horrific and singlehandedly allowed 2-3 scores. The worrisome part is that Dan’s been getting more and more snaps lately.

Okay dude.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 10:50 AM

2 straight Super Bowls.

I haven't forgotten anything.

However, Dan Sorenson is one of the worst safeties in football, and is likely the worst one still playing this season. He's never been abused the past few seasons the way he has been this year.

It's as if, and I'm just spitballing here, that aging players' skills fade each year.

And simply because you win in spite of something, doesn't make it a non factor. Eventually when you play with fire you get burned.

Sorensen as a healthy scratch would be amazing.

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2022, 10:52 AM
I know this is what CP has told you and your playing the narrative.

But this defense isn’t the same defense you saw bailing out the offense the first 7 weeks.

Sorenson isn’t the reason to get upset. You’re just projecting so if something bad happens you can blame this one guys. Deservedly or not.

Let it go man.
Sorenson whiffs on tackles and gets burned...BAD when in coverage. His play alone can cause a loss in close games.
Unless I am missing something, I am not sure what he is good at other than being in the right place at the right time occasionally

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2022, 10:53 AM

True words

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:53 AM
Do you guys ever just enjoy things instead of obsessing about what might go wrong?

ChiTown
01-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Do you guys ever just enjoy things instead of obsessing about what might go wrong?

There is sooooooo much "Because Chiefs...." that still exists with our fan base. It's really kinda sad. I mean, we won a SB, have been to back-back SB's and to 3 straight AFCCG's. The f is wrong with you folks?

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 10:58 AM
There is sooooooo much "Because Chiefs...." that still exists with our fan base. It's really kinda sad. I mean, we won a SB, have been to back-back SB's and to 3 straight AFCCG's. The f is wrong with you folks?

It's gotta be PTSD. It certainly doesn't seem rational.

tmax63
01-21-2022, 10:59 AM
I just don't see the Chiefs committing 4 turnovers like the first meeting. That's what beat the Chiefs then and I don't see it happening this time.

ChiTown
01-21-2022, 11:02 AM

Look, I'm kind of an old ****er. My first true memories of Chiefs football are probably when I was 5 years old and watching the Miami Dolphins take down the Chiefs in triple OT. I've seen as much shitty football as anyone, and I'm a changed man. This is a different franchise these days, with PMII at the helm. If you can't just straight up enjoy this shit right now, I'm not sure there's ever really any hope for you down the road...

MatriculatingHank
01-21-2022, 11:04 AM
I like the Kansas City Chiefs football team

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 11:10 AM

I'm not sure a list of 10 things we don't want to see is obsessing.

It's a very basic list that most falls under common sense stuff for the coaches.

I even prefaced the list with if you haven't re-watched the Bills game, you should, because that isn't us and you'll feel a lot better about the upcoming game.

Steve's stubbornness when it comes to DD is frustrating, and has led to some really shitty defensive series.

I don't know if you know this, but in playoff games, you'd like to cut out the experimentation and limit the amount of shitty defensive series that you put forth.

I think McKinnon is better than Clyde especially for this game, and I'd like some good field position starts instead of starting at the 5/10 due to our 33% penalty rate on st.

Just observations and conversation man. Not obsessing over what could go wrong.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2022, 11:10 AM
Sorenson is a super bowl champion

My IDGAF meter is broken since the super bowl victory.

scho63
01-21-2022, 11:23 AM
11. Bills fan eating ass in the parking lot. Unless it's them eating Billay's ass after we beat them

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 11:24 AM
Sorenson is a super bowl champion

My IDGAF meter is broken since the super bowl victory.

Well if you're good on past shit, you know they won SB 4 as well right?

And just because your team won a sb, it's still okay to criticize very questionable personnel decisions. That's still all okay to do and you won't lose your fan card.

Because if we don't do dumb personell things, we can easily win more superbowls.

You'd like that, right?

More superbowls?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Just contain Allen from running make Dirty Dan spy his ass the whole game. You keep him from getting those easy first downs on the ground and we got this

Yep, Dan's one job should be nailing Allen EVERY play. He's good at that shit!

digger
01-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Soernson is going to play and firing Spags is laughable.

Seriously, don't do the game day threads. They're horrible.

Take a deep breath and actually enjoy the game instead.

Shameless Discord Plug: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/index.php?pageid=discord

tyecopeland
01-21-2022, 12:20 PM
My buddies and I watched the previous match up against these guys, and if you haven't taken that refresher, you should. You'll feel a lot better. We aren't even close to the same Chiefs team.

As an homage to the great gblowfish and his amazing column, here are 10 things that we don't want to see against the Bills, and if we don't, we kick their asses.

1. Clyde.

Don't know if he's even cleared to go as of this writing, but Jerick McKinnon needs to be the bell cow for this game. Clyde has been unimpressive overall, and just because he's a healthy first round pick, that alone should not send our fastest, arguably most dangerous back to the pine. It's not quite Bono/Gannon or Grbac/Gannon, but it's close. McKinnon is hot right now, and he's earned the start here.

I couldn't make it past 1.

CEH had 26 for 161 on the ground against the bills last year in the first matchup. He's absolutely capable of running over them.

BWillie
01-21-2022, 12:21 PM

1. Clyde.

2. Dan Sorenson.

Can someone just slip a positive covid test in this guys locker? Sorensen was absolutely abused in the first meeting. If Steve insists on trotting Dirty Dan out there, he'd better be in the box. He cannot hang with ANY of the receiving threats the Bills have, even with a 15 yard head start, and even if he could, he'd miss the tackle.

3. Don't spam the quick game.

At times in this offense, we get very repetitive with our playcalls in the short game, and this season has led to multiple turnovers with d linemen being all over the play, and even being the ones to intercept the ball a couple times.

4. Don't play guys who shouldn't be on the field.

Marcus Kemp quickly comes to mind, but the coaching staff for all phases of the ball need to play the best players we have. We shouldn't have a situation where Kemp runs the wrong route for an int, some dumbass smashing into the punter when we are getting the ball back, or a defender who not only doesn't know his assignment, but couldn't tackle the ball carrier in a phone booth. This game is the deep end if the pool and we've got several guys who cannot swim.

5. Volleyballs.

The receiving corps need to be focused and catch their passes, and at the least, don't tip it up for picks. We had one of Hill's volleyballs go back for 6 in the first contest.

6. Bad decisions in ST.

For the love of GOD if you cannot make the 25, kneel the ball in the endzone. We've not only started inside the 25 way too much just based on coverage, but we are one of the most penalized return units in football. Don't put 15 in a hole to start. Punt returner, put your heels on the 10 and let it go over your head if you have to move backward to field it.

7. No dumb shit to give refs any excuse to screw us.

Play smart. We had a TERRIBLE roughing the passer call erase a turnover that could have put us right back into the game in the first meeting. If the qb lets the ball go, don't do anything dumb that could erase a huge play on the back end. Pushing Josh Allen down to bail him out of a bone head throw is just not something we can have.

8. Don't stop our guys for them.

If something is working, don't just stop doing it. Andy has a penchant for doing this, usually with his running backs. We aren't beating them one dimensionally. Make them stop the player, don't just stop calling his number.

9. No dumb timeouts.

Asking a lot here, I know. Understand the flow of the game and don't give the opposition more time than they have unless you're absolutely certain we can get the stop.

10. Don't treat 3rd and forever like 3rd and short.

Seriously, Steve. Play coverage, get the ball back to your qb.

I honestly believe the Bills are in for a massive letdown. They crushed an injury depleted Patriots team with a qb that was never going to answer the bell.

They were at home, in arctic Temps that even Patriots players are now saying they just were not prepared and did not have the mindset to play that game.

At Arrowhead stadium, if Josh Allen thought the first meeting was loud, he's in for a real treat this time.

I feel like we roll them. It will be a catastrophic collapse for Josh Allen, question marks over Sean McDerpitt, and a dejected Stefon Diggs watching another Arrowhead crowd celebrate.

You forgot Anthony Hitchens and Ben Niemann playing more than Willie Gay and Nick Bolton. If those two play 75% of the snaps, we fucking lose. We lose.

htismaqe
Well if you're good on past shit, you know they won SB 4 as well right?

And just because your team won a sb, it's still okay to criticize very questionable personnel decisions. That's still all okay to do and you won't lose your fan card.

Because if we don't do dumb personell things, we can easily win more superbowls.

You'd like that, right?

More superbowls?

Everything on your list could happen this weekend and still make it to the Super Bowl.

You're making mountains out of molehills it seems like.

htismaqe
You forgot Anthony Hitchens and Ben Niemann playing more than Willie Gay and Nick Bolton. If those two play 75% of the snaps, we fucking lose. We lose.

Bullshit. Grow a pair Nancy.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 12:28 PM
Everything on your list could happen this weekend and still make it to the Super Bowl.

You're making mountains out of molehills it seems like.

If the thread were titled, "These things happen and we lose" You'd be right.

These are ten things I don't want to see.

You....did see the part at the end about the Josh Allen collapse, Mcderpitt, and Diggs watching another celebratory Arrowhead crowd, right?

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 12:31 PM

You....did see the part at the end about the Josh Allen collapse, Mcderpitt, and Diggs watching another celebratory Arrowhead crowd, right?

If they still win, why do you care if you see them?

Again, looks like you made a list to get you down instead of up.

Have a drink or something.

Lilmrp117
01-21-2022, 12:32 PM

I don't think it's PTSD. It's that some of us realize that this team has an opportunity to become a dynasty and win multiple super bowls over the next few years and we are scared to death that Andy/Spags will screw it up by playing piece of shit players who shouldn't event be in the NFL like Sorensuck.

Andy and Spags have been so damn stubborn in playing shit players like Sorenson, Darrel, and Nieman. Like wallcrawler said, it is playing with fire. I am hoping like crazy that Sorensuck gets covid or injured so we do not have even the possibility of him screwing over the whole team/season. I don't want to see this team blow a super bowl opportunity over some dumb plays by a player who shouldn't be playing. You only get so many SB opportunities with our stars in their primes. Pray that Andy doesn't waste too many opportunities and we don't end up like Aaron Rodgers with only 1 super bowl to show for a great career.

Some of you may think we are being greedy, but some of us just hate to see wasted opportunities.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 12:53 PM
If they still win, why do you care if you see them?

Again, looks like you made a list to get you down instead of up.

Have a drink or something.

Again, there's a difference winning in spite of something.

Why can I not just expect my coaches to do intelligent things? Why do I need to hope we overcome dumb shit?

Why not just not do the dumb shit?

Why can't we just come out and crush these pretenders, instead of trying to make it easy on them?

I guess I should clarify my expectations for coaches. I believe coaches are to identify their players strengths and weaknesses. Then, they are to put those players in position to succeed, by playing to their strengths, and not consistently asking them to do something they've repeatedly shown that they cannot do.

So every time I see 49 dropping deep into coverage, I am intensely annoyed at the stupidity.

Same with guys coming put of the endzone, destroyed, with a hold on top sending us back to the 5.

It's just dumb football. I don't enjoy dumb football in a win or loss.

I get that Mahomes is legendary, but that doesn't mean you just stop using your head and say whatever, the kid will get us out of it.

Go ahead and backpedal to the 3 to field and juggle that punt, and run backward, plus a hold.

Yes. That's bigtime football there.

Hey we just scored, let's run zero blitz and single up Dan Sorensen deep.

Why don't we just get Dan a neon flashing jersey so they know exactly where to attack and don't miss him? It's the next logical step.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 12:54 PM
I can't even.

I hope for whoever it is' sake you're not married. What a bunch of downers.

ModSocks
01-21-2022, 01:01 PM
A lot of, "i think i know more about the who/what/why than our coaches do" going on in this thread.

Sometimes as fans we get a little big headed and way overestimate our own football knowledge.

irafreak
01-21-2022, 01:03 PM
I for one liked Andy's timeout usage last game.

He let Pittsburgh run clock on first, then got the stop and called timeouts. The last thing we wanted to do was give any momentum back before half and their offense wasn't driving the field in the time left after they let the clock run down on first down so call the timeout.

They convert, probably won't even get into field goal range. The don't convert, still plenty if time for us to drive.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 01:04 PM
I can't even.

I hope for whoever it is' sake you're not married. What a bunch of downers.

Married, happily.

Not sure how a football game could affect a marriage, perhaps you react more poorly to a loss than I do.

Honestly.

There's a brief rant on __________is an unfathomably stupid fuck, how could that happen, and maybe a couple God fucking dammit for spice.

Then we find a movie to watch.

These dudes are paid millions of dollars to play a child's game, so they can drown their sorrows in cash.

I'd like to see them win.

I'll be annoyed if something stupid on their part keeps them from it.

But in no way is it going to affect my actual life. That's just fucking hilarious.

Straight, No Chaser
01-21-2022, 01:11 PM
I don't think week 5 means much now --I don't have the time to go back and watch that abortion...This is a different defense; a lot of the calls on defense they aren't running any longer (personnel changes).

ModSocks
01-21-2022, 01:12 PM
I for one liked Andy's timeout usage last game.

Andy's clock management has been excellent the majority of his tenure here. People are reciting old narratives from his Philly days. It's ez and lazy.

Often people that criticize his clock management exhibit a poor understanding of clock management in the modern era of football.

ModSocks
01-21-2022, 01:15 PM
LMAO

I still remember when Andy started electing to defer when winning the coin toss.

People around here gave him shit for that.

Now it's the fucking trendy thing to do in the league. Never mind that it was ALWAYS the right thing to do, trendy or not.

penguinz
01-21-2022, 01:16 PM
Again, there's a difference winning in spite of something.

Why can I not just expect my coaches to do intelligent things? Why do I need to hope we overcome dumb shit?

Why not just not do the dumb shit?

Why can't we just come out and crush these pretenders, instead of trying to make it easy on them?

I guess I should clarify my expectations for coaches. I believe coaches are to identify their players strengths and weaknesses. Then, they are to put those players in position to succeed, by playing to their strengths, and not consistently asking them to do something they've repeatedly shown that they cannot do.

So every time I see 49 dropping deep into coverage, I am intensely annoyed at the stupidity.

Same with guys coming put of the endzone, destroyed, with a hold on top sending us back to the 5.

It's just dumb football. I don't enjoy dumb football in a win or loss.

I get that Mahomes is legendary, but that doesn't mean you just stop using your head and say whatever, the kid will get us out of it.

Go ahead and backpedal to the 3 to field and juggle that punt, and run backward, plus a hold.

Yes. That's bigtime football there.

Hey we just scored, let's run zero blitz and single up Dan Sorensen deep.

Why don't we just get Dan a neon flashing jersey so they know exactly where to attack and don't miss him? It's the next logical step.First you should realize that you are just a person watching a form of entertainment and you are not actually involved in the game.

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 01:17 PM
Andy's clock management has been excellent the majority of his tenure here. People are reciting old narratives from his Philly days. It's ez and lazy.

Often people that criticize his clock management exhibit a poor understanding of clock management in the modern era of football.

How bout that doozy in the SB where Tampa was surrendering a possession, content to go to half? Andy stops the clock thinking that his inept offense that's done not much the entire half is now going to do something with a half minute and no timeouts?

Led to a new strategy by Tampa, 2 spot fouls and a score. Went into half down another 7 points.

I really wish it was Philly days ghost stories, but it isn't.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-21-2022, 01:19 PM
Score more points. That's it.

ModSocks
01-21-2022, 01:21 PM
How bout that doozy in the SB where Tampa was surrendering a possession, content to go to half?

Led to a new strategy by Tampa, 2 spot fouls and a score. Went into half down another 7 points.

I really wish it was Philly days ghost stories, but it isn't.

After the fact, hindsight shit.

That's exactly what i meant by my post. The call at the time was the right one. Nobody thought the Refs were going to award TB a TD.

It's real easy to go back after the fact when a plan doesn't work out, and declare that the plan was bad all along and "i woulda changed this this and that".

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 03:12 PM
After the fact, hindsight shit.

That's exactly what i meant by my post. The call at the time was the right one. Nobody thought the Refs were going to award TB a TD.

It's real easy to go back after the fact when a plan doesn't work out, and declare that the plan was bad all along and "i woulda changed this this and that".

The timeout was the right call? That's HIGHLY debatable.

What was he going to do in under a minute, no timeouts, assuming Tampa punts the ball, that he had not already tried and failed to do for the entire first half? Turn the ball over in his own territory?

The timeout was moronic.

You accept the surrender of a possession, you go into half, un fuck yourself, and take the ball to start the second.

No hindsight needed for that. Pretty sure you could even go back to the moment it happened and see just how many thought it was a stupid timeout.

It's situational football, it's not rocket science.

tyecopeland
01-21-2022, 03:15 PM
The timeout was the right call? That's HIGHLY debatable.

What was he going to do in under a minute, no timeouts, assuming Tampa punts the ball, that he had not already tried and failed to do for the entire first half? Turn the ball over in his own territory?

The timeout was moronic.

You accept the surrender of a possession, you go into half, un fuck yourself, and take the ball to start the second.

No hindsight needed for that. Pretty sure you could even go back to the moment it happened and see just how many thought it was a stupid timeout.

It's situational football, it's not rocket science.

Why did they even bother coming out after half. Theyd already tried and failed the whole first half. What did Andy expect was going to happen in the second?

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 03:41 PM
Why did they even bother coming out after half. Theyd already tried and failed the whole first half. What did Andy expect was going to happen in the second?

Haha WOW what an idiot.

Condolences pal.

htismaqe
01-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Married, happily.

Not sure how a football game could affect a marriage, perhaps you react more poorly to a loss than I do.

Honestly.

There's a brief rant on __________is an unfathomably stupid fuck, how could that happen, and maybe a couple God fucking dammit for spice.

Then we find a movie to watch.

These dudes are paid millions of dollars to play a child's game, so they can drown their sorrows in cash.

I'd like to see them win.

I'll be annoyed if something stupid on their part keeps them from it.

But in no way is it going to affect my actual life. That's just fucking hilarious.

If you can separate the two then good for you and good for your wife.

Because based on your posts here this past season, you're pretty miserable when it comes to enjoying football.

Buehler445
01-21-2022, 04:12 PM

I’m stealing Mcderpit. ROFL

Wallcrawler
01-21-2022, 04:38 PM
If you can separate the two then good for you and good for your wife.

Because based on your posts here this past season, you're pretty miserable when it comes to enjoying football.

Um...what?

If you can be bothered to quote some of those alleged posts, I'd be much obliged.

I think you have me mistaken with someone else. Like literally all my posts that you've interacted with, they all have had thumbs up from you.

So I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Zhawk
01-21-2022, 05:46 PM
I know no one is really defending Sorenson, but he really IS a major reason our defense can cost us a game. According to PFF, he is dead LAST of all NFL DBs. PFF just came out with strengths and weaknesses for each playoff team and almost completely in each case about units (offense, pass defense etc etc). Chiefs weakness was just one thing: Dan. Sorenson. He really IS as bad - or worse - than we think.