PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs releasing DT Taylor Stallworth

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2022, 12:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Kansas City Chiefs informed me they are releasing my client Taylor Stallworth. Veteran DT should get interest from other teams on waivers.</p>&mdash; Brett Tessler (@TesslerSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/1600192607484891138?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
12-06-2022, 12:38 PM
I thought he kinda looked like ass in the preseason and i really didn't notice/pay attention to him in the regular season. I assume this is for that ex-raven we recently signed.

ModSocks
12-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Heh. I bet the Chargers go after him.

tredadda
12-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Outside of that RTP last week I never really noticed him

OKchiefs
12-06-2022, 12:40 PM
guessing Brandon Williams is coming up?

O.city
12-06-2022, 12:40 PM
Really wish the Raiders wouldn't have claimed Tillery.

chiefforlife
12-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Brandon Williams, Come on down!

You are the next contestant to see if you can stop the run!

Megatron96
12-06-2022, 12:46 PM
Just shocking

mabbott
12-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Really wish the Raiders wouldn't have claimed Tillery.

He played well for the Raiders... I hate it.

suzzer99
12-06-2022, 01:08 PM
Might be one of those things where they add him back to the PS.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2022, 01:09 PM
chiefs are 32nd in run stop rate

BW should help them stay in the nickel and stop the run

Megatron96
12-06-2022, 01:42 PM
chiefs are 32nd in run stop rate

BW should help them stay in the nickel and stop the run

Not necessarily saying this isn't true, but is there a link for that? Because ESPN has KC's defense as 6th vs. the run, in terms of rush yds/gm.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Not necessarily saying this isn't true, but is there a link for that? Because ESPN has KC's defense as 6th vs. the run, in terms of rush yds/gm.

stats are inflated by 1st quarter of season/TB game, and chiefs are 13th in ypc against, which is more reflective of reality

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Megatron96
12-06-2022, 02:35 PM
stats are inflated by 1st quarter of season/TB game, and chiefs are 13th in ypc against, which is more reflective of reality

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Okay, thanks. 13th overall against the run is a lot better than all of our previous defenses, so that's an improvement. But last in run stop rate is concerning.

Time to unveil Shelton?:p

Hammock Parties
12-06-2022, 02:43 PM
Okay, thanks. 13th overall against the run is a lot better than all of our previous defenses, so that's an improvement. But last in run stop rate is concerning.

Time to unveil Shelton?:p

remember that the 13th ranking is also inflated by the the first month of the season

as the thread specifies, we are bringing up williams now...shelton is a big fat bag of ass IMO

smithandrew051
12-06-2022, 02:58 PM
At least it’s pretty clear that most of the issues on defense are specifically the DL.

In past years it was harder to determine how much of the blame was as on guys like Niemann or Hitchens at LB and Sorensen or Hughes (amongst others) in the secondary.

Veach has made a huge investment at LB and the secondary. The process on the DL started with Karlaftis, but needs much more work this offseason.

JPH83
12-06-2022, 03:21 PM
At least it’s pretty clear that most of the issues on defense are specifically the DL.

In past years it was harder to determine how much of the blame was as on guys like Niemann or Hitchens at LB and Sorensen or Hughes (amongst others) in the secondary.

Veach has made a huge investment at LB and the secondary. The process on the DL started with Karlaftis, but needs much more work this offseason.

The DL is the problem but man our safeties are also playing like ass. I'm sure I saw our secondary gives up a horribly high QB passer rating, but someone can correct me if not - if so that is imo largely the safeties.

But yeah, good riddance to Stallworth, looked absolute turd along with Nnadi and everyone not called Jones.

smithandrew051
12-06-2022, 03:25 PM
The DL is the problem but man our safeties are also playing like ass. I'm sure I saw our secondary gives up a horribly high QB passer rating, but someone can correct me if not - if so that is imo largely the safeties.

But yeah, good riddance to Stallworth, looked absolute turd along with Nnadi and everyone not called Jones.

At least with Cook we have a young guy with upside. Some growing pains are expected.

I’m sure we’ll move on from Thornhill and probably take a safety in the 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Thornhill comes back if he’s cheap in a reserved role.

Titty Meat
12-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Dude always sucked there were a few posters who were trying to hype his singing lmao

AdolfOliverBush
12-06-2022, 03:58 PM
Brandon Williams, Come on down!

You are the next contestant to see if you can stop the run!

If he can't at least a little, I'm not sure anyone can.

MVChiefFan
12-06-2022, 03:59 PM
Dude always sucked there were a few posters who were trying to hype his singing lmao

Well, you must admit, his rendition of “Ave Maria” is breathtaking.

SuperChief
12-06-2022, 04:02 PM

George sure looks like he's getting pushed around a lot in the run. I'm confident as hell his pass rushing skills will shine with time - not so sure on setting the edge against bigger, more powerful OTs.

Direckshun
12-06-2022, 04:34 PM
George sure looks like he's getting pushed around a lot in the run. I'm confident as hell his pass rushing skills will shine with time - not so sure on setting the edge against bigger, more powerful OTs.

I don't think he's getting pushed around, but sometimes he does lose his responsibility.

Part of that, honestly, may be Spags/Cullen having him shoot gaps and teams run at where he was. Something he's going to have to work on.

TimeForWasp
12-06-2022, 04:44 PM
What is a Stall worth?

Bowser
12-06-2022, 05:29 PM
What is a Stall worth?

Lots of shit

kccrow
12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Must admit, I had really high expectations of Stallworth as a rotational 3-tech here after the numbers he posted his final year in Indy, but he has sucked quite a load of shit.

I don't even know that he's worth bringing back onto the PS if he clears waivers, honestly.

Halfcan
12-06-2022, 07:23 PM
They should cut Nadi too- he has been getting pushed around like a bitch.

kccrow
12-06-2022, 07:33 PM
They should cut Nadi too- he has been getting pushed around like a bitch.

That's kind of the problem, they all have outside of Jones.

Saunders got his shit pushed in regularly this week.

This team just needs a rather significant influx of talent on the defensive line this off-season because none of these guys are cutting it.

Chris Meck
12-06-2022, 07:37 PM
Bring the big man in.

JPH83
12-07-2022, 04:30 AM
Really none of the DL moves have worked, both DT and DE.

Stallworth - Bag of ass
Shelton - Bigger bag of ass
Nnadi - Couple of good years, has now forgetten how to play football
Saunders - Athletic, massively overrated because of a couple of flashes
Kaindoh - Useless
Dunlap - Fine as a rotational option
Karlaftis - Will be good, currently is not
Clark - Expensive corpse

Hopefully Brandon Williams breaks the duck. If he's anything above a dead body he's a win and an upgrade.

JPH83
12-07-2022, 04:35 AM
I don't think he's getting pushed around, but sometimes he does lose his responsibility.

Part of that, honestly, may be Spags/Cullen having him shoot gaps and teams run at where he was. Something he's going to have to work on.

Bit of both perhaps. I agree the biggest surprise for me is how he's played the run. Maybe I'm missing it because a lot of people here seem to think he's doing fine there, but I feel like I've seen him washed out and walled off repeatedly and really struggling to affect the run. I don't see an effective edge set. Pass-rush has been poor and 1.5 sacks is a surprise but I was probably expecting less there.

Dartgod
12-07-2022, 07:24 AM
Lots of shit

https://media.tenor.com/TkNmZc5L4FQAAAAC/big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

Skyy God
12-07-2022, 07:27 AM
Brandon Williams must be pretty far along to make this move.

In58men
12-07-2022, 03:20 PM
The Texans have claimed former Chiefs DL Taylor Stallworth off of waivers.

Mecca
12-07-2022, 03:35 PM
That's kind of the problem, they all have outside of Jones.

Saunders got his shit pushed in regularly this week.

This team just needs a rather significant influx of talent on the defensive line this off-season because none of these guys are cutting it.

Good luck, we're probably going into the offseason needing 2-3 DL 2 OT's + whatever else, that is very difficult.

Upside veteran run stuffers are usually very cheap in FA...but the OT's and pass rusher that's a problem.

wazu
12-07-2022, 03:40 PM
The Texans have claimed former Chiefs DL Taylor Stallworth off of waivers.

The poor get poorer.