PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tyler Boyd possible Cap casualty??

petegz28
02-14-2023, 04:17 PM
After two straight years of getting close to the mountaintop without quite reaching the summit, Cincinnati's offseason is about finding out how to better position the team to finish the job. Signing franchise quarterback Joe Burrow to a contract extension likely sits atop the Cincy's to-do list, and difficult decisions are probably coming regarding key contributors to the team's recent run of success. The Bengals beat has speculated that wide receiver Ty Boyd, running back Joe Mixon and right tackle La'el Collins could all be cap casualties. If defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo lands the head-coach gig in Arizona (he recently had a second interview), the situation gets even stickier.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-super-bowl-2022-nfl-season

New World Order
02-14-2023, 04:19 PM
If this could be our cheaper 1-year rental I’m all for it

Titty Meat
02-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Hard to believe someone would trade for him

petegz28
02-14-2023, 04:21 PM
If this could be our cheaper 1-year rental I’m all for it

The kind of offense we ran this year shows we don't need Reek or Hardman type speed, though I would like to have it. Boyd would be an upgrade over Watson, imo, but as you said, probably nothing long term.

petegz28
02-14-2023, 04:22 PM
Hard to believe someone would trade for him

If he gets released outright to save cap money then why would you need to trade?

Titty Meat
02-14-2023, 04:24 PM
If he gets released outright to save cap money then why would you need to trade?

Market is shit he would command alot on the open market

petegz28
02-14-2023, 04:28 PM

Probably would, I agree but worth a look at the right $

rfaulk34
02-14-2023, 04:29 PM
After two straight years of getting close to the mountaintop without quite reaching the summit, Cincinnati's offseason is about finding out how to better position the team to finish the job. Signing franchise quarterback Joe Burrow to a contract extension likely sits atop the Cincy's to-do list, and difficult decisions are probably coming regarding key contributors to the team's recent run of success. The Bengals beat has speculated that wide receiver Ty Boyd, running back Joe Mixon and right tackle La'el Collins could all be cap casualties. If defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo lands the head-coach gig in Arizona (he recently had a second interview), the situation gets even stickier.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-super-bowl-2022-nfl-season

Tyler Boyd is in the Nelson Agholar, Devante Parker range @ 10M cap hit this coming year. He's a UFA after that but i could see him adding another year or two and lowering his yearly hit. Joe Mixon is already on record saying he will do anything to be on the roster next year. Collins would have to be an injury settlement, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him brought back slowly as insurance late in the year. Collins cap hit would be < 10M.

New World Order
02-14-2023, 04:29 PM

Who’s a down player that we could get on a juju type deal?

Marvin Jones or DJ Chark most likely?

Titty Meat
02-14-2023, 04:31 PM
Who’s a down player that we could get on a juju type deal?

Marvin Jones or DJ Chark most likely?

Jones is old I like Chark but he really hasn't been much in 3 years. Probably re-sign Hardman and draft a WR if I had to guess

Skyy God
02-14-2023, 04:33 PM
I’d rather have JWat.