PDA

View Full Version : Football Cardinals decline option [Isaiah Simmons]

dtrain
05-01-2023, 10:20 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10074625-report-isaiah-simmons-127m-5th-year-contract-option-declined-by-cardinals

TripleThreat
05-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Why did you make an article where I had to click links, read unnecessary titles/text, about a player I’ve never heard of? Mad love regardless you bastard.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2023, 10:31 PM
Cardinals decline Isaiah Simmons 5th year option.

Fuck off, dtrain.

In58men
05-01-2023, 10:46 PM
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?

How many posts?

Hurry up and get it done Bretch Verch!!!!

Ocotillo
05-01-2023, 11:20 PM
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?

How many posts?

Hurry up and get it done Bretch Verch!!!!

Simmons will still play the 2023 season with the Cardinals but will be a free agent before 2024.

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2023, 11:30 PM
Native of always sunny and 70 degrees Olathe

scho63
05-02-2023, 04:16 AM
And the offseason takes another giant step backwards. :doh!:

ChiefRocka
05-02-2023, 05:02 AM
Dtrain's parents decline circumcision, opt for anteater instead.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-02-2023, 06:49 AM
Bring him home.

dtrain
05-02-2023, 06:58 AM
Why did you make an article where I had to click links, read unnecessary titles/text, about a player I’ve never heard of? Mad love regardless you bastard.

Cause I can and I knew you would ROFL

dtrain
05-02-2023, 07:00 AM
Dtrain's parents decline circumcision, opt for anteater instead.

That sir would be false

Skyy God
05-02-2023, 07:04 AM
Who gives a shit?

He’s a stupid tweeter draft pick by a drunk GM.

Bearcat
05-02-2023, 07:08 AM
dtrain: Why did you take away my thread starting privs, I wanted to be a dipshit again!

Cause I can and I knew you would ROFL

In58men
05-02-2023, 07:18 AM
Simmons will still play the 2023 season with the Cardinals but will be a free agent before 2024.

Trades can happen still. We got Toney on a rookie deal, anything is possible with Vertch.

The Franchise
05-02-2023, 07:23 AM
We aren't trading for a LB.

In58men
05-02-2023, 07:25 AM
We aren't trading for a LB.

Anything can happen at the right price.

O.city
05-02-2023, 07:30 AM
I don't think he has a position in the NFL.

dtrain
05-02-2023, 07:46 AM
Cardinals decline Isaiah Simmons 5th year option.

**** off, dtrain.

Not today I'm busy

lawrenceRaider
05-02-2023, 07:50 AM
I remember when the NFL draft pundits were all excited about Simmons and how he was a perfect defender for the modern NFL.

O.city
05-02-2023, 07:52 AM
I remember when the NFL draft pundits were all excited about Simmons and how he was a perfect defender for the modern NFL.

I think guys like him who may not necessarily have an ideal position, need to go to certain DC's in the league.

Some shit bird team like the Cards? Yeah, not gonna work. Had he gotten with a Wink Martindale or with Spags? Sure probably would be a nice weapon.

Gravedigger
05-02-2023, 10:42 AM
He was called the best linebacker in that class, with Willie Gay as the #2 linebacker in that draft class. Willie has been great for us, if we say goodbye to Willie to resign Bolton, I wonder if Simmons will be a cheaper alternative next year.

jjchieffan
05-02-2023, 01:33 PM
I gotta say, I hated seeing our entire 2019 draft class walk this year. I get it, we have to keep cheap talent to stay competitive. But if we're going to move on anyway, I wish that Veach would at least trade some of them on their last year. This year, that would be Sneed, Gay, CEH, and Danna. Let me say first that I really want them to keep Sneed and Gay. Just if they're not, why not get something back? LB and CB are deep enough to do it and they are the ones with the best trade value. Maybe a player for player swap for a wide receiver, defensive lineman or OT?

The Franchise
05-02-2023, 01:36 PM
I gotta say, I hated seeing our entire 2019 draft class walk this year. I get it, we have to keep cheap talent to stay competitive. But if we're going to move on anyway, I wish that Veach would at least trade some of them on their last year. This year, that would be Sneed, Gay, CEH, and Danna. Let me say first that I really want them to keep Sneed and Gay. Just if they're not, why not get something back? LB and CB are deep enough to do it and they are the ones with the best trade value. Maybe a player for player swap for a wide receiver, defensive lineman or OT?

We didn't. We brought back Allegretti.

jjchieffan
05-02-2023, 01:38 PM
We didn't. We brought back Allegretti.

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. Probably because it wasn't a new contract, just a one year deal.

staylor26
05-02-2023, 01:40 PM

Because trading good players with a cheap year left doesn't make a lot of sense either when you're a contender.

DJ's left nut
05-02-2023, 01:40 PM

Danna may be a guy we can keep under the 4-year veterans benefit we seemingly used on Allegretti this year.

I think ultimately the ball is in Gay's court - he can either prove himself indispensable or not. It's the consistency that's been lacking. Not just week to week but drive to drive or even play to play.

He's awfully up and down in both availability and performance. And, let's not tip-toe around the fact that he's seemingly had a couple of fairly public breakdowns where he just sorta lost his shit. Not to mention the DV thing.

I mean - he might just not be a good financial risk OFF the field and to this point he hasn't proven - as much as I like him - that he's a good risk on the field.

O.city
05-02-2023, 02:07 PM
Danna may be a guy we can keep under the 4-year veterans benefit we seemingly used on Allegretti this year.

I think ultimately the ball is in Gay's court - he can either prove himself indispensable or not. It's the consistency that's been lacking. Not just week to week but drive to drive or even play to play.

He's awfully up and down in both availability and performance. And, let's not tip-toe around the fact that he's seemingly had a couple of fairly public breakdowns where he just sorta lost his shit. Not to mention the DV thing.

I mean - he might just not be a good financial risk OFF the field and to this point he hasn't proven - as much as I like him - that he's a good risk on the field.

When I can get a Tranquil for 5 mil a year in FA...it's tough for me to want to really invest too awful much in Gay at this point.

jjchieffan
05-02-2023, 04:19 PM
Because trading good players with a cheap year left doesn't make a lot of sense either when you're a contender.

With the players that we have at LB and CB, it's a possibility. What if, say TB was willing to work a trade of Godwin or Evans for one of them?

staylor26
05-02-2023, 06:21 PM
With the players that we have at LB and CB, it's a possibility. What if, say TB was willing to work a trade of Godwin or Evans for one of them?

Player for player is a little different, but those trades are rare, and it takes two to tango.

Mecca
05-02-2023, 07:08 PM
If you draft a tweener you have to understand how to use him, just a terrible fit for him in an organization that doesn't get it.

Do I think he could succeed here, absolutely.

Mecca
05-02-2023, 07:21 PM
I don't think he has a position in the NFL.

He does but it requires someone who isn't an idiot that understands the league is changing. He's a hybrid defender...

The issue though is his hybrid role is nickel/dime LB/Safety/slot

A guy with his size and talent would be amazing used in a role where he rotates between box safety and slot defender and cover LB..but as a top 10 pick he was never going to be used like that, and that team is dumb.

smithandrew051
05-02-2023, 07:31 PM

It sure seems like there’s always something going on with Gay. Normally it isn’t a huge deal, but there’s always something.

Depending on how Tranquil fits, it might make more economical sense to extend him and roll with Bolton, Tranquil, and Chenal. Then draft another LB in the mid rounds next year.