PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brett Kollman hates Rashee Rice..

Mecca
05-18-2023, 01:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-20L2vXK5n4?start=3895" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's only a few minutes but I'll throw out the real WTF moments such as..I have him in tier 5 and there were players that went undrafted I had ahead of him. Basically says he drops balls, doesn't get open, sucked at the senior bowl..

The real kicker here is he follows him with the UDFA we signed Nikko Remigio and says he'd take him over Rice because at least he can play specials and contribute.

comochiefsfan
05-18-2023, 01:03 PM
Brett Kollman also loved Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 01:04 PM
He doesn't know shit

lcarus
05-18-2023, 01:11 PM
Well I was kinda lukewarm on the pick but now that he doesn't like it....I love it. Probably a future HOFer.

JPH83
05-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Rice is gonna be a guy that reputations are won and lost on. He just seemed really polarising, though this seems by far and away the most downbeat assessment of him. One way or another some people are going to look silly. Fair play to Kollman, he knows Mahomes gives everyone a chance to look good and he's sticking by his guns regardless. It's...bold.

Megatron96
05-18-2023, 01:16 PM
Was that Rice in all of those clips? Sincerely hope not. Some of those drops were pretty awful for a top prospect.

Titty Meat
05-18-2023, 01:17 PM
Brett Kollman is a faggot

Mecca
05-18-2023, 01:18 PM
Was that Rice in all of those clips? Sincerely hope not. Some of those drops were pretty awful for a top prospect.

When his name was on the screen until it changed to Remigio, yes it was all him.

RealSNR
05-18-2023, 01:19 PM

All that needs to be said, really.

I'm not saying Kollmann is a dumbass or anything, but man for being a "smart" football guy on the internet, he sure does get a ton of stuff wrong. Like... an absurd amount. He calls it a curse, because he'll put out a video and the very next week that particular unit or player he's talking about will take a nosedive. But at some point you have to look at the trend and say, "No, I was just wrong."

And yes, we're all allowed to be wrong, particularly if you release rankings of players in a particular draft class. But maybe if you're going to be so bold to take someone like Rice who was 2nd/3rd round on many teams' and analysts' boards and say he deserves to be undrafted, you better nail that pick on the head if you want to avoid egg on your face.

RealSNR
05-18-2023, 01:21 PM

Looked like Christian Watson out there.

How did he do the last half of the year with Green Bay? Sure did look like the team's most reliable pass catching threat there by the end of the season.

Mecca

I'm not saying Kollmann is a dumbass or anything, but man for being a "smart" football guy on the internet, he sure does get a ton of stuff wrong. Like... an absurd amount. He calls it a curse, because he'll put out a video and the very next week that particular unit or player he's talking about will take a nosedive. But at some point you have to look at the trend and say, "No, I was just wrong."

And yes, we're all allowed to be wrong, particularly if you release rankings of players in a particular draft class. But maybe if you're going to be so bold to take someone like Rice who was 2nd/3rd round on many teams' and analysts' boards and say he deserves to be undrafted, you better nail that pick on the head if you want to avoid egg on your face.

In fairness, he did work for NFL network and now works for the Chargers so he isn't just internet football guy.

ptlyon
Probably hated Mahomes too

Megatron96
05-18-2023, 01:23 PM
When his name was on the screen until it changed to Remigio, yes it was all him.

Thx. Some of those drops were brutal.

JPH83
05-18-2023, 01:23 PM

CP has kinda glossed over the drops thing on the draft part of this site imo. Then again a decent amount looked like concentration drops and they worry me less

JPH83
05-18-2023, 01:24 PM

Yeah i don't think his scouting track record is particularly good

RealSNR
05-18-2023, 01:25 PM
Probably hated Mahomes too

He did, actually. Lol. He was early to admit he was wrong, but still.

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 01:29 PM
Rashee Rice had 233 receptions.

They threw his way constantly. Don't worry about a lowlight collection of drops. Dude had 13 catches in a game last season.

Megatron96
Looked like Christian Watson out there.

How did he do the last half of the year with Green Bay? Sure did look like the team's most reliable pass catching threat there by the end of the season.

Some of those drops Rice had enough separation to get both hands on the ball without a DB draped over him and he still dropped it. Multiple times, if I was seeing Rice and not the other guy on my phone's screen. That's a little concerning.

But yeah, CW did improve in the second half of the season last year.

And I'm not condemning Rice, just observing that some of those drops were pretty bad. I stand by my initial assessment that Rashee showed enough talent to justify taking him where we did, but let's hope he cleans that shit up quickly or the GDTs will be a shitshow.

dlphg9
Count me as someone who couldn't care less about what Brett Kollman thinks about a drafted player. The guys knows Xs and Os, but he isn't a scout.

ModSocks
05-18-2023, 01:30 PM
Dude is fucking full of himself.

You're an amature, dude. Just like the rest of us. Fuck your "board".

Can't stand that shit. "Oh my board says so and so".

Who the fuck are you and fuck your board.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2023, 01:31 PM
He talked shit on Mahomes and the Chiefs all year. Said half the defenses were going to be a huge problem for us LMAO

O.city
05-18-2023, 01:38 PM
The whole "my board is different than the entire league" thing is played out.

Dunerdr
05-18-2023, 01:40 PM
Brett Kolman picked against the Chiefs all season in any game that mattered. He also now is a paid employee of the Chargers. It does not serve him to talk us up.

Frazod
05-18-2023, 01:40 PM

This. Fuck him.

Although his "woe is me the world has now ended" reaction to it was funny as hell.

ChiTown
05-18-2023, 01:41 PM
Never trust a guy that drinks their own pee.

Pepe Silvia
05-18-2023, 01:42 PM
He sucks. F*** him.

AdolfOliverBush
05-18-2023, 01:43 PM
Wet Holeman is a dumb bitch, with dumb bitch opinions.

Rain Man
05-18-2023, 01:49 PM
It's a good thing that I have no idea who this Brent guy is.

RunKC
05-18-2023, 01:55 PM
Dude is ****ing full of himself.

You're an amature, dude. Just like the rest of us. **** your "board".

Can't stand that shit. "Oh my board says so and so".

Who the **** are you and **** your board.

He worked for the NFL Network back in the day for graphics or some shit. He’s good at YouTube so places like KCSN for example bring him on to provide content.

He doesn’t know any more than anyone here. He’s just good at building his platform.

Oh and the fuck works for the Chargers now as a side gig so fuck em

Mecca
05-18-2023, 01:57 PM
He worked for the NFL Network back in the day for graphics or some shit. He’s good at YouTube so places like KCSN for example bring him on to provide content.

He doesn’t know any more than anyone here. He’s just good at building his platform.

Oh and the fuck works for the Chargers now as a side gig so fuck em

Now don't say anyone here, that is a large swath.

Frazod
05-18-2023, 01:57 PM
It's a good thing that I have no idea who this Brent guy is.

He's a butthurt Texans fan who will never recover from that playoff loss to the Chiefs.

Rainbarrel
05-18-2023, 01:59 PM
Hating anything Chiefs is probably a path to click goldmines

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 01:59 PM
He's a butthurt Texans fan who will never recover from that playoff loss to the Chiefs.

Yes.

And he doesn't even know about Rice's broken toe and if somebody neglects to mention that you immediately know he didn't do his due diligence.

Megatron96
05-18-2023, 02:00 PM
Yes.

And he doesn't even know about Rice's broken toe and if somebody neglects to mention that you immediately know he didn't do his due diligence.

Um, he mentioned the toe pretty much at the beginning of the clip.

DJ's left nut
05-18-2023, 02:03 PM
Then Brett Kollman is a stupid cunt.

Mecca
05-18-2023, 02:04 PM
Now if I'm being really fair, inconsistent hands is something I see pretty frequently, the question is, is that because he sucks at catching the ball consistently or is it because he's playing at SMU so some dude who's gonna go sell houses is his QB?

Rain Man
05-18-2023, 02:05 PM

And he never should.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/mBYhPYFCqzzqfdsoU0" width="480" height="264" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/nfl-sports-football-sport-mBYhPYFCqzzqfdsoU0">via GIPHY</a></p>

jerryaldini
05-18-2023, 02:06 PM
Mel Kiper Jr says, who in the hell is Brett Kollman anyway?

Frazod
05-18-2023, 02:11 PM
I can certainly understand how that playoff loss must haunt Texans fans. Hell, I'm still pissed about the '97 loss to Denver, and no amount of Mahomes success and/or Donx failure will ever make it completely go away. It's a fucking stain on my soul.

Funny that he's latched on to the Chargers now. I guess he figures they have the best chance to take the division from us. Good luck with that. And even if they do, it won't make that loss any better. Nothing will. Ever.

KC_Lee
05-18-2023, 02:12 PM
Obligatory Who? GIF

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/rI9O6UXkCjvTG" width="480" height="200" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/rI9O6UXkCjvTG">via GIPHY</a></p>

duncan_idaho
05-18-2023, 02:20 PM
But I'm sure Brett RAVES about Quentin Johnston...

Despite Rice being a more explosive athlete, with much better 10- and 20-yard splits, a better vert, better college prep for the pro game, and being a better contested catch player.

If Rice was drafted by the Chargers in round 2, I bet Brett would be gushing about adding another contested catch monster opposite Mike Williams.

Mecca
05-18-2023, 02:21 PM
But I'm sure Brett RAVES about Quentin Johnston...

Despite Rice being a more explosive athlete, with much better 10- and 20-yard splits, a better vert, better college prep for the pro game, and being a better contested catch player.

If Rice was drafted by the Chargers in round 2, I bet Brett would be gushing about adding another contested catch monster opposite Mike Williams.

Several of the online draft guys didn't like Rice, that franchise guy, who has a thread about him in the draft forum also didn't like Rice at all.

Mecca
05-18-2023, 02:23 PM
Johnstons breakdown in that video is at about 11:15 and he basically discusses how good he is with the ball in his hands etc and then says his hands though are bad and if they can correct it he's a monster.

saphojunkie
05-18-2023, 02:30 PM
I'm so tired of you fucking dorks talking about "having a grade" on a guy. "My evaluation..." shut the fuck up you hacks.

Pro football teams have entire departments for scouting. They have multiple scouts for REGIONS. They analyze, debate, argue, make the best choice they can and often - more often than not - still get it wrong. But then some small dick yahoo gets on their laptop and acts like they can quantify every player in the draft with any kind of credibility.

This just in: when dumbfucks have a "grade" on a guy and that guy goes in a different round, they ALWAYS either say the teams reached or the player fell. It's never ever that "I'm a dumb shit watching occasional highlights between meetings at my Liberty Mutual job." it couldn't be that YOU'RE wrong and have no real tangible understanding of what you're talking about. It's the teams.

This goes for all of CP, twitter, and major media outlets. Just shut up. Your "board" doesn't exist, and if it did, it would simply be a regurgitation of what other people have said.

You haven't "scouted" all these players. You haven't "watched the tape." Don't act like you went through and watched the all 22 of every player you mentioned in your dumbass little youtube video or even understood the little you saw.

Just STFU

Mecca
05-18-2023, 02:33 PM
I'm so tired of you fucking dorks talking about "having a grade" on a guy. "My evaluation..." shut the fuck up you hacks.

Pro football teams have entire departments for scouting. They have multiple scouts for REGIONS. They analyze, debate, argue, make the best choice they can and often - more often than not - still get it wrong. But then some small dick yahoo gets on their laptop and acts like they can quantify every player in the draft with any kind of credibility.

This just in: when dumbfucks have a "grade" on a guy and that guy goes in a different round, they ALWAYS either say the teams reached or the player fell. It's never ever that "I'm a dumb shit watching occasional highlights between meetings at my Liberty Mutual job." it couldn't be that YOU'RE wrong and have no real tangible understanding of what you're talking about. It's the teams.

This goes for all of CP, twitter, and major media outlets. Just shut up. Your "board" doesn't exist, and if it did, it would simply be a regurgitation of what other people have said.

You haven't "scouted" all these players. You haven't "watched the tape." Don't act like you went through and watched the all 22 of every player you mentioned in your dumbass little youtube video or even understood the little you saw.

Just STFU

But you know, some of those guys could draft better than NFL teams do, for years and years people here on Chiefsplanet could have out drafted the team. The entire idea that a fan can't evaluate a player is kind of stupid.

saphojunkie
05-18-2023, 02:35 PM
But you know, some of those guys could draft better than NFL teams do, for years and years people here on Chiefsplanet could have out drafted the team. The entire idea that a fan can't evaluate a player is kind of stupid.

A fan can absolutely evaluate a player. I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to when internet guy talks like he's scouted all of the NCAA and has a 'big board' or has a 'second round grade' on a guy. He went in the second! I had a a fourth round grade on him! Which.... literally means nothing. It's just pretending to be an analyst, and it's absolutely worthless.

TV analysts aren't analysts - they're just playing one on TV. They don't spend their time actually crushing film study. Why would they? That's a scout's job. It's long hours, it's underpaid, it's largely thankless. You have to be crazy hungry to be a good scout.

All this shit is just theater.

Iconic
05-18-2023, 02:39 PM

/thread

bro was jerking off clyde to no end fuck his opinions on anything

Mecca
05-18-2023, 02:40 PM
A fan can absolutely evaluate a player. I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to when internet guy talks like he's scouted all of the NCAA and has a 'big board' or has a 'second round grade' on a guy. He went in the second! I had a a fourth round grade on him! Which.... literally means nothing. It's just pretending to be an analyst, and it's absolutely worthless.

TV analysts aren't analysts - they're just playing one on TV. They don't spend their time actually crushing film study. Why would they? That's a scout's job. It's long hours, it's underpaid, it's largely thankless. You have to be crazy hungry to be a good scout.

All this shit is just theater.

Some of those guys watch a ton of film, Chris Simms does you can tell by just listening to what he says.

Like for example there is a huge different in what Simms says or Kollman says than say Nate Taylor who pretty blatantly knows nothing of the college game.

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Um, he mentioned the toe pretty much at the beginning of the clip.

I missed it!

MahomesMagic
05-18-2023, 03:00 PM
Great Youtuber but he has no idea what he is looking at with college players.

MahomesMagic
05-18-2023, 03:02 PM
/thread

bro was jerking off clyde to no end **** his opinions on anything

Clyde's film was nice. He was a talented, polished prospect.

He just didn't have the athletic traits you want if you take a RB high.

Those guys were Swift and Taylor. Hell, even Dobbins should have gone before CEH.

jerryaldini
05-18-2023, 03:05 PM
I'm so tired of you ****ing dorks talking about "having a grade" on a guy. "My evaluation..." shut the **** up you hacks.

This just in: when dumb****s have a "grade" on a guy and that guy goes in a different round, they ALWAYS either say the teams reached or the player fell. It's never ever that "I'm a dumb shit watching occasional highlights between meetings at my Liberty Mutual job." it couldn't be that YOU'RE wrong and have no real tangible understanding of what you're talking about. It's the teams.

Just STFU

Yeah, well then how do you explain Staylor?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-18-2023, 03:09 PM
I watched several of his highlight videos and NEVER saw him drop a pass.

Megatron96
05-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Everyone was on the CEH wagon; Andy, Veach (who likely got all thumbs ups from his scouts), and even Pat himself.

Brett didn’t miss on Clyde any worse than the entire KC staff/coaches and Mahomes himself. Shit happens.

Bearcat
05-18-2023, 03:12 PM
I'll never understand why people hate Kollmann... dude often goes out of his way to talk about how he gets shit wrong, student of the game, that he's better breaking down tape than predicting what draft picks will do, and so forth...... and what do you know, he actually says I'm sure there's something that I missed... the Chiefs worked him out, interviewed him, there's got to be something there; and then says it a 3rd time that he's probably wrong, could very well look like an idiot.

He's just a guy watching tape and admits so much many times in like every video he posts, and he gets shit right and he gets shit wrong, just like everyone else and also GMs/scouts/etc.... get a fucking grip. LMAO

suzzer99
05-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Kollman's great at breaking down plays. But I take his scouting with a grain of salt. He said Pacheco would never amount to much (too stiff, can't change direction, some other stuff) on KCSN with BJ Kissel.

He also freaked out one week saying the Chiefs D was super vulnerable to two back sets, basically sounding like teams were going to capitalize and it was going to wreck our season. Never mentioned it again the rest of the year. It seemed like every week he had some weird take like that.

Clearly the Chiefs think the drops are fixable just like Pacheco's shortcomings.

BigRedChief
05-18-2023, 03:21 PM
And he may suck. Veach hasn’t been 100% right about every draft pick. But, with his track record…… I’m going with in Veach we trust.

RealSNR
05-18-2023, 03:38 PM

Just STFU
I agree with everything you said. Dumbasses act like their boards are the greatest creations known to mankind, when every single one of them fucking sucks compared to MY board!

T-post Tom
05-18-2023, 03:41 PM
1. Rice works out with Mahomes. - Check.
2. Mahomes talks to FO about Rice and every other draft prospect that he worked out with. - Check.
3. FO drafts Rice. - Check.

I'm good. :thumb:

notorious
05-18-2023, 03:42 PM
Rice doesn't impress me either.

I hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

staylor26
05-18-2023, 03:58 PM
Pretty amazing that a guy who can't catch, get separation, etc. managed to have 96 catches for 1,355 yards and 10 TDs with a broken toe for most of the season.

suzzer99
05-18-2023, 04:06 PM
Nate Taylor said Rice looked the best out of all the rookies by far at the minicamp (FAU didn't do anything because of the thumb surgery).

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 04:11 PM
Pretty amazing that a guy who can't catch, get separation, etc. managed to have 96 catches for 1,355 yards and 10 TDs with a broken toe for most of the season.

I can't understand how a guy roasted two 1st/2nd round defensive backs to the tune of 11 catches for 193 yards without getting separation or knowing how to catch the ball

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2023, 04:21 PM
He's wrong almost as much as Direction and that's sad

Bump
05-18-2023, 05:03 PM
who cares what these people say, they get most of their predictions wrong anyways.

Mahomes obviously liked him after working out with him and I'll take that over any of these analysts

Kiimo
05-18-2023, 05:25 PM
Tyreek Hill had some big drops

jd1020
05-18-2023, 05:33 PM
/thread

bro was jerking off clyde to no end **** his opinions on anything

Well, the Chiefs did draft him in the first round, after all.

Chieftain
05-18-2023, 05:42 PM
Kollman called Denzel Mims the Sleeper Superstar back in 2020. And he was down on Herbert, too, that same year, calling him a cranked up Mitch Trubitsky.

Yeah, the more content this guy comes up with, the bigger the fraud. It's why I don't like watching talent evaluation videos from non-football guys. From guys who never played the sport or worked for an NFL team.

poolboy
05-18-2023, 05:43 PM

to be honest. Pat wanted CEH too

ModSocks
05-18-2023, 05:47 PM
Kollman called Denzel Mims the Sleeper Superstar back in 2020. And he was down on Herbert, too, that same year, calling him a cranked up Mitch Trubitsky.

LMAO

RedinTexas
05-18-2023, 05:59 PM
I can certainly understand how that playoff loss must haunt Texans fans. Hell, I'm still pissed about the '97 loss to Denver, and no amount of Mahomes success and/or Donx failure will ever make it completely go away. It's a ****ing stain on my soul.

Funny that he's latched on to the Chargers now. I guess he figures they have the best chance to take the division from us. Good luck with that. And even if they do, it won't make that loss any better. Nothing will. Ever.

From all that I've seen and heard, I don't think it's looked at like that. Mahomes has looked like the GOAT and Watson flamed out since that game. Furthermore, the Texans were mired in scandal, racist charges, and idiocy with Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby. Remember that Bill O'Brien traded DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona shortly after that season ended in one of the worst trades in NFL history. Easterby was a lightning rod for every bit of anger that Texans fans had too. No, the loss to the Chiefs now is mostly seen as the indicator of all that was wrong with the franchise because the decline afterward was so swift and steep.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-18-2023, 06:00 PM
I'm at the point that if I see Kollman is the guest on a KCSN podcast, I just find something else to watch.

The guy is more negative than Teicher and that's saying a lot.

Wallcrawler
05-18-2023, 06:09 PM
The Chiefs surrendered two ones and a three, to move up and take what in my view is a 4th round developmental quarterback. That's waaaay too rich for my blood.

-Brett Kollman on KC trade to select QB Patrick Mahomes.

How this shit stain can show his face and talk shit on ANY player after that absolute display of retardation is quite incomprehensible.

Like, anytime he speaks, you just say "says the guy who had Mahomes as a 4th round developmental qb." OK retard. Cool story bro.

tredadda
05-18-2023, 06:10 PM

Yeah, the more content this guy comes up with, the bigger the fraud. It's why I don't like watching talent evaluation videos from non-football guys. From guys who never played the sport or worked for an NFL team.

Perhaps ESPN will hire him one day to be the heir apparent to Kiper.

Megatron96
05-18-2023, 06:11 PM
I missed it!

Yeah, figured it was just an oversight.

Peace.

Frazod
05-18-2023, 06:35 PM
From all that I've seen and heard, I don't think it's looked at like that. Mahomes has looked like the GOAT and Watson flamed out since that game. Furthermore, the Texans were mired in scandal, racist charges, and idiocy with Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby. Remember that Bill O'Brien traded DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona shortly after that season ended in one of the worst trades in NFL history. Easterby was a lightning rod for every bit of anger that Texans fans had too. No, the loss to the Chiefs now is mostly seen as the indicator of all that was wrong with the franchise because the decline afterward was so swift and steep.

Sure, after that loss the team's wheels come off, and the wagon not only exploded but sank into a swamp. But I'm fairly certain the first blow is what sticks with them the hardest. It sure as hell would for me.

FlaChief58
05-18-2023, 07:14 PM
In Bart I trust

BWillie
05-18-2023, 07:56 PM
1. Rice works out with Mahomes. - Check.
2. Mahomes talks to FO about Rice and every other draft prospect that he worked out with. - Check.
3. FO drafts Rice. - Check.

I'm good. :thumb:

I'm not. He also wanted us to draft CEH - and we did. Players rarely are good at evaluating talent.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-18-2023, 08:07 PM
They said the same thing when we signed MVS. Just a fast guy, doesn't get open, drops. Dude turned into a beast when it mattered most. Veach knows more.

Otter
05-18-2023, 08:13 PM
who cares what these people say, they get most of their predictions wrong anyways.

Mahomes obviously liked him after working out with him and I'll take that over any of these analysts

Yep!

BWillie
05-18-2023, 08:13 PM
They said the same thing when we signed MVS. Just a fast guy, doesn't get open, drops. Dude turned into a beast when it mattered most. Veach knows more.

MVS was nothing more than the exact player he always has been. No more no less. A very very average player.

Chiefspants
05-18-2023, 08:39 PM
MVS was nothing more than the exact player he always has been. No more no less. A very very average player.

We needed a guy who could be playoff Sammy Watkins when it matters.

Very very average ain't that. Very very average is Kansas City Jason Avant.

Iconic
05-18-2023, 08:45 PM

yeah, and it was stupid then and its still fucking stupid now

Chiefshrink
05-18-2023, 09:05 PM
What does Kollman do for a living??

MVChiefFan
05-18-2023, 09:05 PM
What does Kollman do for a living??

He gets paid to suck.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-18-2023, 10:01 PM

Thar would be no consolation to Bengals fans.

saphojunkie
05-18-2023, 10:03 PM
I agree with everything you said. Dumbasses act like their boards are the greatest creations known to mankind, when every single one of them fucking sucks compared to MY board!

LMAO

Wallcrawler
05-18-2023, 10:39 PM

6/116 and a td in the title game against a team that had a winning record against us is very very average.

K.

BWillie
05-18-2023, 10:50 PM
6/116 and a td in the title game against a team that had a winning record against us is very very average.

K.

It's one game. It's easy to get carried away based on one game. The body of work is what is important. MVS is incredibly inconsistent. He always has been. Good player, not great player. Just because he happened to do it in a big game doesn't really mean much one way or another. Until it's a trend - like Jimmy Butler or Derek Jeter - it is likely an aberration.

wazu
05-18-2023, 11:05 PM
So far Veach is 0-2 drafting WRs. Rice seems likely to bring him to 0-3. Good thing for Veach is he seems incredible at everything else. Except LT.

tredadda
05-19-2023, 07:22 AM
So far Veach is 0-2 drafting WRs. Rice seems likely to bring him to 0-3. Good thing for Veach is he seems incredible at everything else. Except LT.

ROFL Based on what? It's not even training camp and you have already have him listed as a bust.

PHOG
05-19-2023, 07:24 AM

:spock:

Direckshun
05-19-2023, 07:27 AM

What on earth are you talking about?

Skyy Moore -- is panning out
Cornell Powell -- negatory
Mecole Hardman -- panned out

BigRedChief
05-19-2023, 07:37 AM
The Chiefs surrendered two ones and a three, to move up and take what in my view is a 4th round developmental quarterback. That's waaaay too rich for my blood.

-Brett Kollman on KC trade to select QB Patrick Mahomes.
To be fair the vast majority had the same opinion.
:hmmm:

Monticore
05-19-2023, 07:48 AM
To be fair the vast majority had the same opinion.
:hmmm:

Except Veach /Reid and Few other coaches around the league who had more info /brains than the vast majority , but drafting is pretty much a dart throw I mean look at Mayok’s drafting record a guy touted as an elite talent evaluator there have been plenty of can’t miss prospects flame out . Could Rice end up sucking sure but I don’t think it’s the end of the world like some .

O.city
05-19-2023, 08:02 AM
Hardman was a successful pick. He produced while here.

redfan
05-19-2023, 08:02 AM
The guy's a bundle of cigarettes and a bolts employee, so fuck him. Irrelevant opinions from a blog guy.

Chris Meck
05-19-2023, 08:23 AM

this is incorrect.

The stingiest grade that would be fair is "incomplete".

Now, if Skyy and Rice flame out, you can make this claim.

RealSNR
05-19-2023, 08:44 AM
Some fans on here think Dwayne Bowe was a bust.

It's a bizarre expectation we set for the WRs we draft. I don't get it.

staylor26
05-19-2023, 08:47 AM

What a monumentally stupid fucking take.

staylor26
05-19-2023, 08:48 AM
Some fans on here think Dwayne Bowe was a bust.

It's a bizarre expectation we set for the WRs we draft. I don't get it.

Yup, and what's even more absurd is writing guys off after one season, or even worse before their rookie season

Kiimo
05-19-2023, 08:50 AM
Or even worse before camp

Also what about Rice is trending down? The arrow is pointing up on every single dynasty / fantasy / rookie ranking list I read. But oh no one douche doesn't believe in him

Chief Roundup
05-19-2023, 08:51 AM
Who is Brett Kollman to be so far in you all head? Why should his opinion mean so much that several of you all post his stuff?
I don't think he needs the free rent.

Kiimo
05-19-2023, 08:54 AM
How does Brett feel about Quentin Johnston, he has legit questions about drops and they took him in the first round.

Bearcat
05-19-2023, 09:03 AM
Who is Brett Kollman to be so far in you all head? Why should his opinion mean so much that several of you all post his stuff?
I don't think he needs the free rent.

Between this thread and the ermergerd the NFL wants the NYJ to win the SB and fuck over KC!!!!! thread, seems like we're needing something to be triggered about this week and coming up short on stuff that's even newsworthy much less triggerable.

People complain about mundane answers in interviews, clickbait sensationalism, the lack of decent mainstream content, etc.... and then if someone who puts in the time to provide his educated guess on stuff isn't always perfectly in line to blow the Chiefs (much less a player who hasn't stepped on the field yet, and was probably graded before even being drafted by the Chiefs).... well, he can go fuck himself in the ass with a cactus, how dare he! :rolleyes:

It's why we can't have nice things.

Pepe Silvia
05-19-2023, 09:53 AM
Between this thread and the ermergerd the NFL wants the NYJ to win the SB and fuck over KC!!!!! thread, seems like we're needing something to be triggered about this week and coming up short on stuff that's even newsworthy much less triggerable.

People complain about mundane answers in interviews, clickbait sensationalism, the lack of decent mainstream content, etc.... and then if someone who puts in the time to provide his educated guess on stuff isn't always perfectly in line to blow the Chiefs (much less a player who hasn't stepped on the field yet, and was probably graded before even being drafted by the Chiefs).... well, he can go fuck himself in the ass with a cactus, how dare he! :rolleyes:

It's why we can't have nice things.

Where is that thread? I want to read it.

AdolfOliverBush
05-19-2023, 11:05 AM
I know very little about Rice, but I do know a WR who can produce like that on a broken toe has some serious ability, and is a tough SOB. Given that Mahomes is his QB, I'm optimistic that he will be a good WR for KC.

Mecca
05-19-2023, 11:24 AM
How does Brett feel about Quentin Johnston, he has legit questions about drops and they took him in the first round.

It's in the video at about the 13 minute mark, the summarization is, great after the catch with questionable hands if "the coaches can fix that which they have to think they can with where they took him, he's a monster"

staylor26
05-19-2023, 11:29 AM
It's in the video at about the 13 minute mark, the summarization is, great after the catch with questionable hands if "the coaches can fix that which they have to think they can with where they took him, he's a monster"

Which can easily be said about Rice as well...

RunKC
05-19-2023, 11:29 AM
Hardman was a successful pick. He produced while here.

The power of Andy Reid. Hardman was an elite gadget player. He wasn’t much of a WR. That’s why the Chiefs didn’t want him back even at a cost barely over rookie contracts.

The disparity between him and Toney is monumental. You see Toney making plays as a gadget guy and as a true WR downfield. The ceiling is just so much higher with him (if he can stay healthy).

As for Rice, I hope they get him on the field early doing Juju’s role as well as some of Hardman’s (screens, exploiting the middle of the field etc).

We need that bigger body at WR to fill that role bc Juju helped the offense out a lot last year.

Chiefnj2
05-19-2023, 11:47 AM
Mahomes worked the kid out and vouched for him. That’s good enough for me.

Megatron96
05-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Mahomes worked the kid out and vouched for him. That’s good enough for me.

Mahomes also was very high on Skyy Moore last season at the beginning of OTAs, even said that he expected Skyy to be a big art of the offense in 2022.

I'm not saying Mahomes' opinion is worthless or shouldn't be trusted. But he isn't infallible either.

Kollman's opinion isn't supposed to be etched in stone either. He just gave his opinion as an outside analyst, which isn't going to be a rosy as a Chiefs analyst/homer journalist.

We'll see how Rice turns out. My guess is somewhere in between. first things first; let's see if Rice can actually play significant snaps at the NFL level in Andy's offense.

Mecca
05-19-2023, 12:02 PM
Mahomes also was very high on Skyy Moore last season at the beginning of OTAs, even said that he expected Skyy to be a big art of the offense in 2022.

I'm not saying Mahomes' opinion is worthless or shouldn't be trusted. But he isn't infallible either.

Kollman's opinion isn't supposed to be etched in stone either. He just gave his opinion as an outside analyst, which isn't going to be a rosy as a Chiefs analyst/homer journalist.

We'll see how Rice turns out. My guess is somewhere in between. first things first; let's see if Rice can actually play significant snaps at the NFL level in Andy's offense.

You have to be really wary of anything Mahomes says in public, he will hype up anyone and everyone he plays with, it's what he does. Like he was blowing smoke about Justyn Ross not long ago.

Megatron96
05-19-2023, 12:08 PM
You have to be really wary of anything Mahomes says in public, he will hype up anyone and everyone he plays with, it's what he does. Like he was blowing smoke about Justyn Ross not long ago.

Yeah, he also talked big about Dez Bryant after he came in for a workout, iirc.

Maybe it's just his version of QB boilerplate; "don't say negative things to the press about a prospective player," kind of thing.

Mecca
05-19-2023, 12:09 PM
Yeah, he also talked big about Dez Bryant after he came in for a workout, iirc.

Maybe it's just his version of QB boilerplate; "don't say negative things to the press about a prospective player," kind of thing.

Yea, all he does is hype up every single person he plays with even if they are a flaming bag of trash, it's what he does.

staylor26
05-19-2023, 12:13 PM
Yea, all he does is hype up every single person he plays with even if they are a flaming bag of trash, it's what he does.

But it's different when he works out with a guy and clearly had some input in them drafting him.

Mecca
05-19-2023, 12:15 PM
But it's different when he works out with a guy and clearly had some input in them drafting him.

Now that is why I said publicly. Who knows what he says when mics aren't in front of him.

RedinTexas
05-19-2023, 12:17 PM
Patrick doesn't make the picks. Varch is responsible for that and there is no way in hell he abdicates that responsibility to whatever Patrick wants. I'm sure they listen to Patrick and even include him in the process, but any GM that just did what other people wanted wouldn't last very long.

Megatron96
05-19-2023, 12:21 PM

That's not exactly what I was trying to say.

But NFL QBs, the great ones anyway, are pretty vanilla in their pressers, and rarely if ever have anything negative/critical to say about other players, in particular their own teammates or prospects. Often Pat's comments echo Andy's, and neither say things that can be blown up into wild speculation by the media/fans.

staylor26
05-19-2023, 12:22 PM
Patrick doesn't make the picks. Varch is responsible for that and there is no way in hell he abdicates that responsibility to whatever Patrick wants. I'm sure they listen to Patrick and even include him in the process, but any GM that just did what other people wanted wouldn't last very long.

I believe there are only a few reeruns who actually think that Patrick makes picks and it's all because of the CEH story.

I do however believe that he has input on offensive/skill players.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-19-2023, 12:26 PM
I like this video better. Man McDuffie had a nice first year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dy4SVXabppQ

Shoes
05-19-2023, 01:50 PM
I posted this in the Rashee Rice thread but I can understand why someone evaluating Rice's tape might not like what they see. It's a bit of a mixed bag- Rice's characteristics that make him an appealing draft pick is his body control in the air, 1 on 1 jump ball ability, and his size/speed combination. Especially on this Chiefs team who is lacking options outside of the numbers, Rice could end up being a very nice compliment to the receiving core. They just don't have anyone on the roster who can really emulate what Rice does well.

The other side of the pendulum is that Rice did have some struggles against man to man coverage and he struggles to create the amount of separation you'd like to see, especially against talent that I wouldn't consider elite. There is a little bit of N'Keal Harry in his game where it seems that Rice is willing to settle for posting up and just attempting to win a jump ball. How much of that is what SMU asked him to do, or play design is something I can't determine. Laterally he isn't special either, I think Rashee will need to rely on his size/speed/strength paired with good route running to succeed in the NFL. Chris Godwin is someone I would try to model Rice's pro game after, I think if Rashee is successful, I think their games will look similar.

Also the comment of "for a guy who can't catch or create separation, Rice sure did pretty well for himself catching 96 passes for 1350 yards". In fairness N'Keal Harry went for back to back 1000 yards seasons as a sophomore and junior and obviously busted fairly hard, production at the NCAA level is only one piece to a very complicated puzzle. Biggest x-factor for me is how much did Rice's broken toe effected his athleticism. It's very possible that Rice has another gear to unlock when completely healthy which would be very compelling.

poolboy
05-19-2023, 02:14 PM
Rice got 157 targets in 12 games last year..90 plus receptions....What a workhorse!

jd1020
05-19-2023, 02:17 PM
We've watched Mahomes running around all over the field while we scream "NOBODY IS OPEN!"

Rice seems like an odd pick.

Shoes
05-19-2023, 02:36 PM
Also for viewing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zQNxWubJTu8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Much like Rice's 2022 season tape there is some good reps mixed in with some bad. Overall I would want Rice to lean and press into the DB more before he is going to break out of his routes. He does this a bit more towards the end, with my favorite rep of his being at the 1:05 mark. Specifically on the 1:05 rep, I really like how Rice breaks the DB's shade and threatens the inside with a jab step which gets the DB to turn his hips (one of the few times his jab step was effective). Now what Rice does particularly well here is that although his route is out breaking, he pushes back into the DB right before his break. DB has to blatantly hold Rice which causes the incompletion but this is a fantastic rep from a technique perspective.

You'll see in almost every rep that Rice wants to use the jab step technique and good corners won't react if they are seeing it over and over again. He'll have to add more to his repertoire to have more success when releasing off the line of scrimmage. Again the biggest thing I see is that Rice needs to understand that he's 6'1, 205lbs who can move well. He's gotta use his best weapon which is his size and speed and get into the DB's more and be more physical. There are some quick and minor tweaks that I think Rice can implement which would have allowed him to have more success on these 1 on 1's. The rep at 0:34 seconds is a perfect example, Rice is attempting to run a dig route, his release is fine as he wins inside right away but when he is running upfield he really should be pressing into the defensive back. The separation will be created if he is using his body weight to press into the DB and then plants to the middle on the dig. The way Rice runs the route, he isn't really selling anything other than a dig route. You're not going to run a go or a post when fading that far inside. In this rep the DB knows it's an in breaking route and can close the distance. Little bit of a hold but I don't think it was enough to get called.

There's a fallacy in route running where receivers want to create separation from the first step and every step of their route. Especially with big bodied receivers, I think it is important to understand that luring the DB in as close as possible and using the break point (and a subtle push off) to create separation is a technique that can be very effective. In Rice's case because his lateral ability isn't elite, this is something I would like to see him improve on.

This is just from a random guy posting on a message board so take with a grain of salt.

Couch-Potato
05-19-2023, 02:44 PM
We'll see...

Dunerdr
05-19-2023, 03:05 PM
I posted this in the Rashee Rice thread but I can understand why someone evaluating Rice's tape might not like what they see. It's a bit of a mixed bag- Rice's characteristics that make him an appealing draft pick is his body control in the air, 1 on 1 jump ball ability, and his size/speed combination. Especially on this Chiefs team who is lacking options outside of the numbers, Rice could end up being a very nice compliment to the receiving core. They just don't have anyone on the roster who can really emulate what Rice does well.

The other side of the pendulum is that Rice did have some struggles against man to man coverage and he struggles to create the amount of separation you'd like to see, especially against talent that I wouldn't consider elite. There is a little bit of N'Keal Harry in his game where it seems that Rice is willing to settle for posting up and just attempting to win a jump ball. How much of that is what SMU asked him to do, or play design is something I can't determine. Laterally he isn't special either, I think Rashee will need to rely on his size/speed/strength paired with good route running to succeed in the NFL. Chris Godwin is someone I would try to model Rice's pro game after, I think if Rashee is successful, I think their games will look similar.

Also the comment of "for a guy who can't catch or create separation, Rice sure did pretty well for himself catching 96 passes for 1350 yards". In fairness N'Keal Harry went for back to back 1000 yards seasons as a sophomore and junior and obviously busted fairly hard, production at the NCAA level is only one piece to a very complicated puzzle. Biggest x-factor for me is how much did Rice's broken toe effected his athleticism. It's very possible that Rice has another gear to unlock when completely healthy which would be very compelling.

And his name is way cooler than A.T. Perry.

Bowser
05-19-2023, 03:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-20L2vXK5n4?start=3895" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's only a few minutes but I'll throw out the real WTF moments such as..I have him in tier 5 and there were players that went undrafted I had ahead of him. Basically says he drops balls, doesn't get open, sucked at the senior bowl..

The real kicker here is he follows him with the UDFA we signed Nikko Remigio and says he'd take him over Rice because at least he can play specials and contribute.

So now I must, logically, hate Brett Kollman.

Balto
05-19-2023, 03:51 PM
I mean I don't think its being talk about enough that Mahomes threw to a few 1st and 2nd round WRs including Rice and then Veach trades up to get him.

Seems like the most important person's opinion on a new shinny WR got what he wanted.

Chief Roundup
05-19-2023, 04:00 PM
I mean I don't think its being talk about enough that Mahomes threw to a few 1st and 2nd round WRs including Rice and then Veach trades up to get him.

Seems like the most important person's opinion on a new shinny WR got what he wanted.

He also wanted CEH. Just saying. That is no real reason to sign a player.

suzzer99
05-19-2023, 04:16 PM
It's almost like you can't get guys with all the physical tools and perfect hands and route running at the end of the 2nd round, so you have to settle in some areas.

Coochie liquor
05-19-2023, 06:09 PM
Brett Kollman is a bundle of sticks

Idk why, but this always cracks me up!

staylor26
05-19-2023, 06:28 PM
He also wanted CEH. Just saying. That is no real reason to sign a player.

CEH isn't a WR that worked out with Mahomes before the draft. I understand your point, but it's still an apples to oranges comaprison.

Pepe Silvia
05-19-2023, 07:02 PM
Every time the Chiefs have a matchup: “I’m very worried for the Chiefs.”— Brett Kollman

ChiefsFanatic
05-19-2023, 11:15 PM
/thread

bro was jerking off clyde to no end fuck his opinions on anythingDo you know who else really liked CEH?

Oh, just this stupid, know-nothing hack named Brett Veach.

So, since Veach liked CEH, and he is a borderline bust, and he drafted Rice, doesn't that mean Rice is going to suck?

People are calling out these online draft evaluations, claiming the people making the "evaluations" have no clue as to what they are doing, yet these people never talk about how our GM also missed on CEH, or the other misses he has had.

Once, Veach was part of a scouting team that drafted a CB in the 3rd round who didn't even make it through camp before he was cut. Not a lot of 3rd round picks getting cut around the league.

Or, how about Veach missing on USFL star Breeland Speaks?

This place only exists so a bunch of assholes can tear other people down to make themselves feel like they are just a little less of a loser than they really are.

My guess is over 90% of threads on this board contain an argument between posters where one attacks the other in a nasty way.

This forum isn't really about the Chiefs, or sports, anymore, it's about a bunch of tiny dick assholes attacking each other so they can make it through one more day feeling like they are at least better than some loser on the internet.

FlaChief58
05-20-2023, 06:15 AM
So now I must, logically, hate Brett Kollman.

He's a charger fan if that helps

duncan_idaho
05-20-2023, 07:12 AM

Wait, did he dump the Texans for the Chargers? I thought he just worked for them.

Regardless, I see inconsistency in his evaluation of Johnston and Rice. Both are good after the catch, similar athletic profiles, but Johnston is two inches taller.

That might matter if Johnston had showed a jump ball winning ability, but he really hasn’t. It might matter if he had shown an ability to extend and catch outside his frame, but he really hasn’t.

Rice has shown both of those things.

Chief Roundup
05-20-2023, 07:30 AM

Really, a Chargers Fan that was wearing a Houston Texans jersey? LOL

Bowser
05-20-2023, 07:51 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9c/36/9e/9c369e24e1b26086a381e51e4365e93f.gif

RealSNR
05-20-2023, 08:52 AM
Do you know who else really liked CEH?

So, since Veach liked CEH, and he is a borderline bust, and he drafted Rice, doesn't that mean Rice is going to suck?

People are calling out these online draft evaluations, claiming the people making the "evaluations" have no clue as to what they are doing, yet these people never talk about how our GM also missed on CEH, or the other misses he has had.

Once, Veach was part of a scouting team that drafted a CB in the 3rd round who didn't even make it through camp before he was cut. Not a lot of 3rd round picks getting cut around the league.

This place only exists so a bunch of assholes can tear other people down to make themselves feel like they are just a little less of a loser than they really are.

My guess is over 90% of threads on this board contain an argument between posters where one attacks the other in a nasty way.

This forum isn't really about the Chiefs, or sports, anymore, it's about a bunch of tiny dick assholes attacking each other so they can make it through one more day feeling like they are at least better than some loser on the internet.

Veach was a part of the scout team responsible for Keivarae Russell, therefore he's at fault? Jesus, dude. What's next? Are you going to blame the Holocaust on all the Americans with German ancestry?

And yeah. We get it. Everybody gets shit wrong on the draft. It's a smattering of dots on a map, and even if you can find a trend in how the dots are laid out according to success rate, you're still bound to pick a few duds here and there. Because that's how data fucking works.

That doesn't mean the internet evaluators aren't worse at evaluating than NFL professionals like Veach, largely because they're under all this pressure to get clicks. So they'll put up their kooky crap and advertise it as such so that people listen to what they have to say. And yeah, when the majority of talent evaluators and scouts have a player like Rice going in the 2nd/3rd roundish and you have him going undrafted, I'd call that fucking kooky. I'm not saying he's faking it Skip Bayless style, but he IS leaning into that hot take and highlighting it.

And look, I like Kollmann, but it's usually when he analyzes shit that's already happened. When he tries to project something or make a prediction, the guy has a habit of shitting his pants way more often than he should for somebody who knows a lot about football. It's not just time-to-time, either. If he were a decision maker on an NFL team either as a coach or scout and he was wrong as often as he is on his show, the guy would be viewed as a clown.

As for the part about "this board" and its culture... eh, I was going to type out a response, but it's just easier to call you a buttfucking moron and tell you to go get raped by a rhino

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-20-2023, 12:36 PM
Do you know who else really liked CEH?

Lightin' up Francis...

Abba-Dabba
05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Lightin' up Francis...

puff puff pass

Skyy God
05-20-2023, 12:50 PM
If a 3rd round CB Veachy didn’t draft, Speaks, and a RB that was mediocre after a hip injury are his biggest knocks, that’s a damn fine drafting record.

Bearcat
05-20-2023, 01:02 PM
Veach was a part of the scout team responsible for Keivarae Russell, therefore he's at fault? Jesus, dude. What's next? Are you going to blame the Holocaust on all the Americans with German ancestry?

And yeah. We get it. Everybody gets shit wrong on the draft. It's a smattering of dots on a map, and even if you can find a trend in how the dots are laid out according to success rate, you're still bound to pick a few duds here and there. Because that's how data fucking works.

That doesn't mean the internet evaluators aren't worse at evaluating than NFL professionals like Veach, largely because they're under all this pressure to get clicks. So they'll put up their kooky crap and advertise it as such so that people listen to what they have to say. And yeah, when the majority of talent evaluators and scouts have a player like Rice going in the 2nd/3rd roundish and you have him going undrafted, I'd call that fucking kooky. I'm not saying he's faking it Skip Bayless style, but he IS leaning into that hot take and highlighting it.

And look, I like Kollmann, but it's usually when he analyzes shit that's already happened. When he tries to project something or make a prediction, the guy has a habit of shitting his pants way more often than he should for somebody who knows a lot about football. It's not just time-to-time, either. If he were a decision maker on an NFL team either as a coach or scout and he was wrong as often as he is on his show, the guy would be viewed as a clown.

As for the part about "this board" and its culture... eh, I was going to type out a response, but it's just easier to call you a buttfucking moron and tell you to go get raped by a rhino

It would be interesting to know and look back on hits/misses, even though I think it's way way overblown most of the time just because there are so many variables that go into whether a guy transitions to the NFL.

People grade in a vacuum and not "will this kid make it in Andy Reid's system with Patrick fucking Mahomes throwing to him".

The best GMs probably aren't so much amazing talent/intangible evaluators all across the NFL as they know their system and who they can specifically plug into their system.

Well, no shit, Bearcat .....yet we're shitting on Kollmann because he didn't grade this kid well to transition to any given team in the NFL, when he may actually be pretty good in this specific system. And that was a big part of the guy's waffling was despite his own grading system, the Chiefs drafted him, so grades might be out the window when Mahomes is throwing to him.

Hell, give Kollmann a single NFL team and tell him to plug players into that system, he might be pretty good at it, who knows... his job and an NFL GM's job is apples and oranges.

Kiimo
05-20-2023, 01:20 PM
Please stop using CEH as a reason Veach and Mahomes agreeing about a player isn't going to work.

CEH looked like he was going to deliver before the injury never forget. He didn't have speed to spare and that loss of quickness changed everything

T-post Tom
05-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Interesting positive comment from an early NFL pre-draft analysis: “Scrambles with quarterback and works hard back on throws.” If true, it seems like there might be one NFL QB in particular that could really exploit that strength… his name escapes me at the moment…:hmmm:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rashee-rice/32005249-4315-2916-ce74-9a69e469f940

Kiimo
05-20-2023, 01:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sneak peek of the rookies in their new jerseys ��<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLPA?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLPA</a>)<a href="https://t.co/kJqTtpO9QQ">pic.twitter.com/kJqTtpO9QQ</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1660005714155405312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 20, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

when Rice showed up my brain said "that's Deandre Hopkins"

Rasputin
05-20-2023, 03:22 PM
I hate Brett Kollman, whoever that is?

xztop123
05-20-2023, 03:34 PM
Reid basically also said rice has bad cardio. Never heard him say that about anyone prior.

Nightfyre
05-20-2023, 03:56 PM

I think Johnston's "after the catch" hype is fool's gold. He has one move + elite speed to make DBs miss - and its a spin move immediately after catching the ball.

He has this nifty spin move he does (only to one side) out of the catch that allows him to accelerate quickly and make DBs miss. The problem? He has to settle in to catch balls because he is not a fluid catcher and NFL coaches and DBs will key in on that spin move and, imo, it won't be effective as a result.

Big disclaimer: I watched about 15 minutes of highlight footage and wrote him off after I saw that he plays like he's 5'8" and all of his big plays came after he did this spin move.

staylor26
05-20-2023, 05:45 PM
Reid basically also said rice has bad cardio. Never heard him say that about anyone prior.

Are you talking about this?

“Strong, the kind of the things we saw on tape,” Reid said. “He’s got to make sure he gets his running in. That position, we run like crazy. He’s got to get that part taken care of, but you could see the strength in his route running, his ability to work in space. He’s got good hands.”

You would blow something like that out of proportion.

staylor26
05-20-2023, 05:47 PM
And that's from rookie camp where Rice reportedly was the star.

Kiimo
05-20-2023, 08:16 PM
And if he was out of shape that's actually good news because he's dominating while out of shape and that's fixable