PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why is the Chiefs Reddit sub full of the biggest pussies on the planet?

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 09:39 AM
Those mother fuckers seem to be the most mealy mouthed fans I’ve ever come in contact with. They seem to love Burrow more than Mahomes, because they will downvote you into oblivion for saying anything negative about Joey. The fuck is wrong with that place? Mostly kids who have zero clue? Or a bunch of snowflakes who don’t like negativity. They wouldn’t last 10 seconds on this beautiful site!

The Franchise
06-15-2023, 09:46 AM
CP is a different beast than any other place out there. I feel that we've got some of the smartest fans that know their shit and are able to back it up. We also have some of the dumbest motherfuckers that follow this team. Can't have one without the other.

TribalElder
06-15-2023, 09:47 AM
Reddit is full of flamers

fuck that site, I hope they go out of business trying to monetize their API

staylor26
06-15-2023, 09:48 AM
It's not exclusive to the Chiefs sub, it's Reddit in general.

staylor26
06-15-2023, 09:50 AM
Also, friendly reminder that NJChe claims he only talks Chiefs on Reddit LMAO

RealSNR
06-15-2023, 09:52 AM
Long live the cesspool!

ReynardMuldrake
06-15-2023, 09:55 AM
Honest answer? With /r/NFL being shutdown, /r/KansasCityChiefs is chock full of visiting NFL fans of other teams. It's the only place to talk football right now.

Check the flair. You are probably not interacting with Chiefs fans, even on the Chiefs subreddit.

Spott
06-15-2023, 09:59 AM
That’s pretty much all of Reddit and the rest of social media.

RunKC
06-15-2023, 10:00 AM
Well yeah. I peaked at the Broncos subreddit after the draft to see what they thought and those fans actually think they’re taking the division back again. It’s like it’s full of a bunch of knowmo’s over there.

But Reddit can’t be worse than Facebook. Facebook is filled with the worst takes

Mecca
06-15-2023, 10:04 AM
If you're looking for something like this then yea not gonna happen.

Reddit has solid subs for niche things but you need to know what you are looking for. Also now isn't the best time anyway since like half the subs are on strike.

Sassy Squatch
06-15-2023, 10:05 AM
Reddit is full of flamers

fuck that site, I hope they go out of business trying to monetize their API
LMAO That whole saga is hilarious. The CEO of Reddit did an AMA where he tried to accuse the developer of the most popular third party app of blackmail. Let's just say that didn't go well.

New World Order
06-15-2023, 10:08 AM
They're probably the Chiefscrowd.com former members

Bearcat
06-15-2023, 10:11 AM
It's full of very casual fans who will say things like "gosh, I get super nervous before every playoff games, because I'm a long time fan and still remember that Titans game!"

It's a strange sub in general... the main NFL sub is full of jokes and great self deprecating humor. But, on the Chiefs sub, I once made a Lamar Jackson RB joke and it got downvoted several times.

The only reason to follow it is emaw's gifs, or laughing at idiots I guess.

The Franchise
06-15-2023, 10:12 AM
LMAO That whole saga is hilarious. The CEO of Reddit did an AMA where he tried to accuse the developer of the most popular third party app of blackmail. Let's just say that didn't go well.

Which isn’t smart considering his history of moderating a jailbait subreddit.

New World Order
06-15-2023, 10:17 AM
It's full of very casual fans who will say things like "gosh, I get super nervous before every playoff games, because I'm a long time fan and still remember that Titans game!"

It's a strange sub in general... the main NFL sub is full of jokes and great self deprecating humor. But, on the Chiefs sub, I once made a Lamar Jackson RB joke and it got downvoted several times.

Wow, that sounds horrible.

Thank you ChiefsPlanet

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Well yeah. I peaked at the Broncos subreddit after the draft to see what they thought and those fans actually think they’re taking the division back again. It’s like it’s full of a bunch of knowmo’s over there.

But Reddit can’t be worse than Facebook. Facebook is filled with the worst takes

No doubt. There’s no more delusion fanbase out there than Dungver. Especially on Reddit!

staylor26
06-15-2023, 10:23 AM
I got downvoted on the Denver Nuggets subreddit for saying Fidel Castro was a POS LMAO

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 10:24 AM

I said Burrow hasn’t proved shit. No rings with an amazing defense, and the best weapons in the league. Felt like I was on a Bengals sub. Everyone downvoting and bitching at me saying our weapons are equal. Those people can’t really be fans!

The Franchise
06-15-2023, 10:26 AM
I got downvoted on the Denver Nuggets subreddit for saying Fidel Castro was a POS LMAO

Kind of a random place for that thought.

staylor26
06-15-2023, 10:27 AM
Kind of a random place for that thought.

Yea, if you don't know the context, should've added that.

There was a funny Castro related post directed at the Heat/fans, but it was disturbing how many people in the comments were seriously defending him, so I had to chime in.

Sassy Squatch
06-15-2023, 10:28 AM
By the way, fuck Justin Trudeau

Spott
06-15-2023, 10:29 AM
I can’t imagine going anywhere else but CP for football. This site is truly the best for everything.

The Franchise
06-15-2023, 10:29 AM

There was a funny Castro related post directed at the Heat/fans, but it was disturbing how many people in the comments were seriously defending him, so I had to chime in.

There are shitty people everywhere, so I don’t really give the people on Reddit that much thought. I got downvoted multiple times in student loan thread because I said that I’d been waiting over a year to hear about my discharge. The reason I got downvoted? Because I wasn’t grateful enough.

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 10:30 AM
By the way, fuck Justin Trudeau

Possibly a ban worthy comment over there.

staylor26
06-15-2023, 10:31 AM
There are shitty people everywhere, so I don’t really give the people on Reddit that much thought. I got downvoted multiple times in student loan thread because I said that I’d been waiting over a year to hear about my discharge. The reason I got downvoted? Because I wasn’t grateful enough.

It's a very weird place indeed.

RealSNR
06-15-2023, 10:32 AM
So link to the wailing and gnashing of vaginas over the Burrow slander?

staylor26
06-15-2023, 10:33 AM
So link to the wailing and gnashing of vaginas over the Burrow slander?

Uh oh RealSNR is about to head over and get downvoted into oblivion.

ThaVirus
06-15-2023, 10:34 AM
It's not exclusive to the Chiefs sub, it's Reddit in general.

Yep, Reddit is sort of unique in that regard.

The NFL sub in particular is generally very picky about trash talk. They'll downvote you to hell in the blink of an eye for any Facebook-style shit talking comments.

Personally, I sort of like it as I find rando sports trash talk to be the bottom of the barrel comments to read, but they definitely take it overboard.

That’s pretty much all of Reddit and the rest of social media.

I disagree. Twitter is the exact opposite of Reddit. Facebook comments are also pretty bad. Instagram can be a little rough sometimes but probably the tamest of the bunch.

The Franchise
06-15-2023, 10:37 AM
Yep, Reddit is sort of unique in that regard.

The NFL sub in particular is generally very picky about trash talk. They'll downvote you to hell in the blink of an eye for any Facebook-style shit talking comments.

Personally, I sort of like it as I find rando sports trash talk to be the bottom of the barrel comments to read, but they definitely take it overboard.

I disagree. Twitter is the exact opposite of Reddit. Facebook comments are also pretty bad. Instagram can be a little rough sometimes but probably the tamest of the bunch.

They’re all pretty bad. Twitter is just pure garbage. Reddit is 80% incels. Facebook is all fucking boomers. And who talks shit on Instagram?

RealSNR
06-15-2023, 10:40 AM
Uh oh RealSNR is about to head over and get downvoted into oblivion.

I'm not going there to get downvoted.

I'm going over there to do the downvoting.

ThaVirus
06-15-2023, 10:40 AM
They’re all pretty bad. Twitter is just pure garbage. Reddit is 80% incels. Facebook is all fucking boomers. And who talks shit on Instagram?

LMAO Idk. Instagram is more "Stop riding Mahomes' meat" "You seriously couldn't go a day without posting about Mahomes and the Chiefs?". Lots of 'refs help them win' comments too, but that's pretty much everywhere.

Stupid shit like that.

ThaVirus
06-15-2023, 10:41 AM
And, yeah, Twitter is by far the worst, which is a shame because most NFL news gets broken on Twitter before anything else.

staylor26
06-15-2023, 10:43 AM
I'm not going there to get downvoted.

I'm going over there to do the downvoting.

ROFL

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 10:44 AM
And the AFCWEST meme war sub is absolutely the most butthurt place I’ve ever encountered. Post a meme there and the opposing fans can’t stop bitching. And even some shitty Chiefs fans come in there trying to defend our division opponents. It’s fucking insane!

ChiliConCarnage
06-15-2023, 10:51 AM
Dunno, I've never visited it. I get all the news and regular poop talk updates I need here

kcgreene
06-15-2023, 10:54 AM

Castro Cuba: A Society so perfect, people build rafts out of trash to cross the ocean and escape it!

Yeah, something similar happened to me once on a team's subreddit (honestly don't remember which one) except it was a Che Guevara meme. Same concept, same story. Everyone on Reddit seem to be in a state of perpetual butthurt.

Discuss Thrower
06-15-2023, 10:54 AM
reddit is a botfarm and its actual human users are that plurality of people who lack an inner monologue.

DaFace
06-15-2023, 10:56 AM
CP - Dive bar
reddit - Hipster cocktail bar

Different strokes for different folks.

RunKC
06-15-2023, 10:58 AM
Instagram is where most disinformation is. Especially in the medical/health field

BWillie
06-15-2023, 02:44 PM
Those mother fuckers seem to be the most mealy mouthed fans I’ve ever come in contact with. They seem to love Burrow more than Mahomes, because they will downvote you into oblivion for saying anything negative about Joey. The fuck is wrong with that place? Mostly kids who have zero clue? Or a bunch of snowflakes who don’t like negativity. They wouldn’t last 10 seconds on this beautiful site!

I don't frequent Reddit but I have noticed we have alot of sunshine pumpers in here. I get it, we have Mahomes and we've won some SBs but if you share any criticism at the present time people will just get unhinged.

What I've noticed is on average the younger you are the more analytical your thought process typically is as opposed to group think and gut instinct. It's a loose correlation but it exists. Reddit is obviously a younger audience than this place.

Chiefspants
06-15-2023, 02:46 PM
CP - Dive bar
reddit - Hipster cocktail bar

Different strokes for different folks.

I hate it when I'm writing a post, get stuck on it, then someone comes in and writes a much better and more concise version that I couldn't have landed on if I tried.

This is the perfect comparison right here. No notes.

big nasty kcnut
06-15-2023, 02:47 PM
our site motto is fuck around find out!

Spott
06-15-2023, 02:52 PM
I hate it when I'm writing a post, get stuck on it, then someone comes in and writes a much better and more concise version that I couldn't have landed on if I tried.

This is the perfect comparison right here. No notes.

Makes sense, because hipsters suck ass.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-15-2023, 03:37 PM

How was the discharge obtained?

That sounds silly. But that is Reddit for you. It is high school like in its cliques and opinions.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-15-2023, 03:38 PM
I said Burrow hasn’t proved shit. No rings with an amazing defense, and the best weapons in the league. Felt like I was on a Bengals sub. Everyone downvoting and bitching at me saying our weapons are equal. Those people can’t really be fans!

It is that way at the Raiders boards as well.

Burrow is the new Brady for people. Had some defensive carried playoff wins and now he is "Mr. Clutch."

BWillie
06-15-2023, 04:01 PM

Burrow is the new Brady for people. Had some defensive carried playoff wins and now he is "Mr. Clutch."

I'd like to see Burrow without a run game. He has to have the threat of a run game to survive. The Chiefs could tell the other team WHEN they are going to pass the ball. Mahomes would STILL be the best QB in the league.

RealSNR
06-15-2023, 04:11 PM
Some of my favorite threads are when opposing fans look for Chiefs discussion when their team has to play the Chiefs, and then they discover this place. They report back, and everybody emits a shriek of horror and disgust. "They talk about pooping at Kohl's???? Who would do such a thing!!!!!"

I feel like most fans who frequent the internet for football discussion know of this place by now, but Bills fans are the one who keep coming back year after year to discover this cesspool and avert their children's eyes.

Glorious. Absolutely glorious. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

InChiefsHeaven
06-15-2023, 04:23 PM
I go here to CP for everything. Football, politics (oy...) and media and entertainment. CP has character, you get all kinds here. It's sorta the last bastion of freedom on the internet IMO.

...I...love you guys...

Chiefspants
06-15-2023, 04:23 PM
Some of my favorite threads are when opposing fans look for Chiefs discussion when their team has to play the Chiefs, and then they discover this place. They report back, and everybody emits a shriek of horror and disgust. "They talk about pooping at Kohl's???? Who would do such a thing!!!!!"

I feel like most fans who frequent the internet for football discussion know of this place by now, but Bills fans are the one who keep coming back year after year to discover this cesspool and avert their children's eyes.

It somehow felt right that the board that instantly "got" this place was when the Mets board found Chiefsplanet before the Royals played them in the World Series.

RealSNR
06-15-2023, 04:43 PM
It somehow felt right that the board that instantly "got" this place was when the Mets board found Chiefsplanet before the Royals played them in the World Series.

Oh, we talked shit back and forth, but we were absolutely kindred spirits wearing different uniforms.

I still remember them clinching the NL and changing the heading on the top of the forum to FUCK EVERYTHING. Genius. Total genius.

Bearcat
06-15-2023, 04:45 PM

I always laugh when I see people from other boards report back "The Lounge is a cesspool" and immediately think, if you think our cesspool is gross, even our cesspool has a cesspool!

Spott
06-15-2023, 04:51 PM

I hate the hell out of Brady, but he would would have certainly beaten us had we given him two possessions in the 4th quarter from the 30 yard line in a tie game.

Titty Meat
06-15-2023, 04:53 PM
All of reddit is a bunch of snowflake pussies

lcarus
06-15-2023, 04:56 PM

Is it even worse than Twitter? Twitter is the worst I've seen by a landslide.

Buehler445
06-15-2023, 05:15 PM

ROFL

I haven't paid much attention because baseball season is tough for me, but that had to be a devastating fucking loss. Everybody on that side of the ball bought the batman/gotham thing. And those few pitches ruined his fucking career.

I can empathize. And I typically hate everything New York.

I always laugh when I see people from other boards report back "The Lounge is a cesspool" and immediately think, if you think our cesspool is gross, even our cesspool has a cesspool!

LOL They don't even fucking know.

They make a thread saying 'Hey XXXX fan here. Super civil, but we're way fucking better than you, and we're going to win. I'm a super great fan, very logical, but I won't listen to a damn bit of actual football discussion because my head is firmly in my rectum but good luck in your loss guys!" And one measly person tells them to fuck off then they cry.

I can't imagine living that life.

That being said there are a lot of good rival fans here, and frankly, I appreciate most of them that contribute to the discussion here.

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 05:16 PM
And… just got banned from the Chiefs Reddit for telling someone to suck my dick. That place is ridiculously pussified!

Buehler445
06-15-2023, 05:20 PM
Is it even worse than Twitter? Twitter is the worst I've seen by a landslide.

I don't even get on twitter. A million years ago I made a logon, but I haven't found any follows that add value. I probably should try again. I think there are some ag users that are pretty good.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-15-2023, 05:33 PM
And… just got banned from the Chiefs Reddit for telling someone to suck my dick. That place is ridiculously pussified!

Every couple of months, I retry Raiders Reddit. Two threads later I remember when I don't post there.

The XFL and USFL subs are solid.

Bump
06-15-2023, 06:09 PM

pretty sure I was banned 8-10 years ago for saying Matt Cassel sucks dick

Bowser
06-15-2023, 06:58 PM
*obligatory (and don't click if you're easily offended)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RBmJGJ-CpHM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vladimir_Kyrilytch
06-15-2023, 07:00 PM
I got banned from the Chiefs subreddit for making a well reasoned, highly researched post about all the terrible ref calls in a particular game and how it was obvious based on my evidence that the Chiefs were screwed over. I didn't know having your own opinion that you didn't get from reddit in the first place was grounds for being banned. Really made me appreciate bearcat more.

Then a couple months later in some literature related subforum I referred to Ernest Hemingway as the real word for "reerun" and I was IP-banned from the whole website by an administrator (not a mod) for "promoting hate speech".

That website is absolute garbage.

Bump
06-15-2023, 07:19 PM
I got banned from the Chiefs subreddit for making a well reasoned, highly researched post about all the terrible ref calls in a particular game and how it was obvious based on my evidence that the Chiefs were screwed over. I didn't know having your own opinion that you didn't get from reddit in the first place was grounds for being banned. Really made me appreciate bearcat more.

Then a couple months later in some literature related subforum I referred to Ernest Hemingway as the real word for "reerun" and I was IP-banned from the whole website by an administrator (not a mod) for "promoting hate speech".

ya reddit is trash. They can't just debate something, only remove.

06-15-2023, 07:21 PM
They're probably the Chiefscrowd.com former members

Just looked. That place still exists.

Mecca
06-15-2023, 07:23 PM
ya reddit is trash. They can't just debate something, only remove.

Depends on the sub but you have to realize any place but here is not gonna let you call people retards or tell them to suck your dick etc etc.

Dunerdr
06-15-2023, 07:26 PM
!

Spott
06-15-2023, 07:31 PM

Lol, the Retarded Old Man and the Sea.

Coochie liquor
06-15-2023, 07:40 PM

Have you gotten back on yet? I can help if you haven’t. I’ve been totally banned about 20 times.!

RealSNR
06-16-2023, 07:23 AM
Ernest Hemingway was a leafy?

Man, I learn all kinds of new stuff on this place every day!

Vladimir_Kyrilytch
06-16-2023, 12:34 PM
Have you gotten back on yet? I can help if you haven’t. I’ve been totally banned about 20 times.!

Send me a PM I wouldn't mind getting back in there.

I had e-buddies in the /faulkner subforum, a small but cool little community, that I would correspond with via reddit's 'messages' and then for all they know I died suddenly, because when you're banned on reddit you can't access your messages at all even to tell people privately that your account got nuked. So to them, one day I just stopped posting and responding to their messages. I wouldn't be opposed to being able to tell some of my boys that I'm still alive. Most Faulkner fans are old men, so I'm sure they think I died of old age or covid.

But do note that if your solution involves creating a new email address and user ID, I've tried that and it won't work. It accepts the new account but then within a few hours that new account gets permabanned too. That's how I know it's an IP-based ban. And if your solution involves a VPN, I've been holding off on signing up for those until I can figure out which ones are scams and which ones are legit. I think the legit ones cost a good 20 bones a month, which I'd only be willing to pay to circumvent a ban if it was here ;)

bdj23
06-16-2023, 12:37 PM
NJ came from reddit, so there's your answer.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch
06-16-2023, 01:13 PM

A fellow promoter of hate speech, I see.

I got banned from Playstation Network for 60 days because in a baseball video game, I beaned an opponent like 6 times in a row on purpose. I kid you not.

reddit is about at playstation levels

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-16-2023, 03:19 PM
If you're going to do Twitter, I highly recommend Tweetdeck. I have a column for KC Chiefs news and I select which accounts go to that column (Chiefs, Mahomes, Kelce, CJ, some of the national and local reporters, etc.). It's just a lot more relaxed when I choose what comes across my feed than just letting any jackass post.

Chiefspants
06-16-2023, 03:23 PM
It really shows the status that Patrick has earned that r/nfl (despite the hate, it's more fun than r/kansascitychiefs, imo). Is pretty much like "Yeah, he's him." In response to Patrick's "That's Who" Tweet.

<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" style="height:240px" data-embed-height="240"> <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/14b2vxv/patrick_mahomes_thats_who/">[Patrick Mahomes] That’s Who ����</a><br> by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/AU_wde_2">u/AU_wde_2</a> in <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/">nfl</a> </blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

DaFace
06-16-2023, 03:28 PM
If you're going to do Twitter, I highly recommend Tweetdeck. I have a column for KC Chiefs news and I select which accounts go to that column (Chiefs, Mahomes, Kelce, CJ, some of the national and local reporters, etc.). It's just a lot more relaxed when I choose what comes across my feed than just letting any jackass post.

Similarly, I use their Lists function extensively and also group things by Chiefs news, space news, etc. It's a way better way of viewing it for me.