PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Anyone here ever have surgery to undeviate a deviated septum?

Rain Man
06-25-2023, 09:41 PM
I broke my nose a few decades ago, and apparently it distorted a perfectly healthy septum. It's getting worse as I get older, and the doctor said I should consider surgery to fix it. She said the surgery is "uncomfortable" but should heal up well after a week or so of recovery.

Has anyone done this? How is it on a pain scale of 1 (Mahomes winning the Super Bowl but not being named MVP) to 10 (playoff loss to the Colts)? Any tips for me?

Edit: illustration of the impact of a deviated septum if you don't know.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JaXtOSMIYXw?start=60&end=63" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pushead2
06-25-2023, 10:06 PM
Just to clarify, which playoff loss to the Colts?

Rain Man
06-25-2023, 10:07 PM
Just to clarify, which playoff loss to the Colts?

The most painful one, which would of course be the one where we blew the 70 point lead or whatever it was.

Frazod
06-25-2023, 10:24 PM
My wife has a deviated septum and really needs to get it dealt with. When she snores it sounds like a pig with a chainsaw.

WhawhaWhat
06-25-2023, 10:31 PM
I only have surgery to re-deviate the septum.

Titty Meat
06-25-2023, 10:31 PM
I haven't but Im going to wish you well and Im also going to improve your like ratio.

Seriously man hope all goes well with it. You've been through quite a bit physically the last few years

Hammock Parties
06-25-2023, 10:32 PM
get mahomes to drill you in the face with a football

problem solved

Katipan
06-25-2023, 10:57 PM
Rain Man and Frazzies wife are 2 of the more unlikely coke whores I've encountered.

crispystl
06-25-2023, 10:58 PM
I have the same issues and it absolutely drives me insane, so I’m really interested to hear what people have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPodolak
06-25-2023, 11:24 PM
I've had septum surgery. The first night after was the worst of the pain but after that I don't remember it being too bad. Also I had my nose fractured as part of the procedure but that's unusual.

As a tip, don't take a pain pill that causes insomnia like I did. It made the first night worse than expected.

Bump
06-26-2023, 12:08 AM
The most painful one, which would of course be the one where we blew the 70 point lead or whatever it was.

the cold game against the Colts in the 90's with the kicker that shall never be named again and Rich Gannon trying to lead a late comeback. I don't think anything can top that for me as painfull. That defense was so legendary, damn shame

kcpasco
06-26-2023, 03:09 AM
My nose has been fucked up since I broke it as a kid. Never had surgery because I wear it as a badge. That Colts playoff catastrophe when we lead by 1000 points also taught me to not give a shit so much about wins and losses.

CasselGotPeedOn
06-26-2023, 05:37 AM
I too have this problem and need to have it dealt with at some point. Interested to hear from anyone who's had it done.

Kman34
06-26-2023, 05:39 AM
My foot surgery was the worst pain after the block wore off that I have ever experienced…. Hope that helps..

Bwana
06-26-2023, 06:01 AM
I had it done about 20 years ago. It hurt for a couple of days, but it wasn't anything near kidney stone pain.

Katipan
06-26-2023, 06:06 AM
If it hurt Bwana maybe you should just call it off.

Bwana
06-26-2023, 06:48 AM
If it hurt Bwana maybe you should just call it off.

It wasn't a "Oh crap, I shouldn't have done this" type of pain. With that said, it did smart for a couple of days. Bottom line, a couple of days feeling uncomfortable, was a small price to pay to get the air fly back to 100%.
I would take 15 of those operations, vs dealing with another kidney stone. I hope the KS was a once in a lifetime experience.

Pablo
06-26-2023, 07:00 AM
Do they bore your nose out?

I need that

Bwana
06-26-2023, 07:01 AM
Do they bore your nose out?

I need that

Pretty much, yes.

Hailchief
06-26-2023, 07:01 AM
I've had it - I would just suggest that you have the dr use stitches rather than packing inside your nose. The packing is terrible since you can not breathe through your nose until they remove it (normally 2-3 days) Stitches will allow you to breathe better than you probably have in years. Assuming you get sinus infections pretty regularly as well. Good luck

Pablo
06-26-2023, 07:18 AM
Pretty much, yes.

Man that sounds great.

Bwana
06-26-2023, 07:28 AM
Man that sounds great.

The end result is for sure.

oldman
06-26-2023, 07:50 AM
I had it done several years ago. I don't remember much pain, but the packing removal is a bitch, especially the 2nd set. First of all, you're amazed that they can cram 2 yards of gauze into each nostril. Then you find out they'll come get the other 4 yards out later. That, my friend, will cause you to call out every saint's name you can think of. Once that's gone, you can look forward to wearing a gauze pad under your nose for about 5 days because there will be a constant drip of blood tinged snot. Other than that, it's a piece of cake!

But back to the question. Yes, it's worth it.

seclark
06-26-2023, 08:02 AM
I had it done when I was younger. Mid to late twenties. First time in my life I could remember breathing through my nose.

As others mentioned the worst part is removing the cotton packing. That will make your toes curl.

You’ll be glad you got it done.
sec

Zebedee DuBois
06-26-2023, 08:06 AM
Can we refer to these people as deviants?
Or are they the only people allowed to use that term?

Kiimo
06-26-2023, 08:09 AM
I'm about to have my third surgery for this. I personally found the worst pain in the entire experience to be about a 4 out of 10 and that was just a general soreness nothing acute like with say, teeth problems

insert LA plastic surgery joke here

ptlyon
06-26-2023, 08:19 AM
Mine had a rubber stint that looked like a flat pea pod they put a couple of stitches into my bottom nostril so it wouldn't move. Plus the packing. After a week they took it out. More like yanked. Yowza.

As for the pain, I didn't really have much. A lot of people complain about pain but I didn't really have any. After a few times talking oxy like instructed I quit that because I hated the waking up 3 hours after taking it. I asked my Dr why I didn't have pain. He said he didn't know but it might be that all my nerve endings were dead up there from years of chronic sinusitis. That was the reason for the surgery for the first place, to open my nasal passages up to get air in there. He said my sinuses were "infected, inflamed, and angry".

Fully expect to be off a week and use FMLA.

Good luck, it WILL help you feel and breathe better.

ptlyon
06-26-2023, 08:21 AM
I had it done several years ago. I don't remember much pain, but the packing removal is a bitch, especially the 2nd set. First of all, you're amazed that they can cram 2 yards of gauze into each nostril. Then you find out they'll come get the other 4 yards out later. That, my friend, will cause you to call out every saint's name you can think of. Once that's gone, you can look forward to wearing a gauze pad under your nose for about 5 days because there will be a constant drip of blood tinged snot. Other than that, it's a piece of cake!

But back to the question. Yes, it's worth it.

Forgot that part ROFL

seclark
06-26-2023, 08:23 AM
I'm about to have my third surgery for this. I personally found the worst pain in the entire experience to be about a 4 out of 10 and that was just a general soreness nothing acute like with say, teeth problems

insert LA plastic surgery joke here

I will say that I had a friend who had the same surgery at a different hospital at the same time as me. My doctor pulled my packing out the next day, while his was left in for an entire week before being removed.

He says his didn’t work out and would not do it again while I think it was great.

Could just be the doctor.
sec

ptlyon
06-26-2023, 08:25 AM
P. S. You'll be using a nettipot or something similar to help get rid of the scabs, etc.

Kiimo
06-26-2023, 08:25 AM
My suggestion is after getting the surgery don't break your nose again playing basketball.

Basketball was responsible for three broken noses in my life and welp I'm retired now

ptlyon
06-26-2023, 08:27 AM
My suggestion is after getting the surgery don't break your nose again playing basketball.

Basketball was responsible for three broken noses in my life and welp I'm retired now

Sounds like you played street ball with the hood boys here

seclark
06-26-2023, 08:28 AM

Mine was two baseballs and two fists.
sec

Kiimo
06-26-2023, 08:29 AM
Nah I just actually play hard nosed defense and that puts your nose in the soft nosed zone eventually

sec

Ironically the fists never broke my nose but probably because they hit my teeth instead but I'll save that for the emergency root canal thread whenever that comes

cabletech94
06-26-2023, 08:31 AM
Had mine around 25 years ago. I don’t remember any packing, but I had 2 plastic pieces that looked like milk jug handle inserts (does that even make sense?) in the nose. OH MY GOD the removal was PAIN-FULL!!!!
I think the doc removed them with a pair of oversized rusty tin snips. That’s what probably hurt the most. At least until 2 weeks later when I was popped in the nose by my girlfriends kid sister, and everything went back to the way it was before. So that was fun. And no, I didn’t go get it repaired again.

Rain Man
06-26-2023, 08:58 AM
Hmm, so it sounds like I'll have some variable amount of pain from "not bad" to "bad", which might be better if I use stitches instead of packing or take the packing out sooner rather than later. And it sounds like it's worth doing.

I really enjoy breathing, but it's become more of a hassle in recent years and I don't want to stop.

Oh, and tennis racket injury here. Much more bourgeoisie than your other sports injuries.

Kiimo
06-26-2023, 09:03 AM
Definitely have it done. Being able to breathe, especially while sleeping, is pretty important to health as an old guy. Mental health included

ptlyon
06-26-2023, 09:08 AM
Hmm, so it sounds like I'll have some variable amount of pain from "not bad" to "bad", which might be better if I use stitches instead of packing or take the packing out sooner rather than later. And it sounds like it's worth doing.

I really enjoy breathing, but it's become more of a hassle in recent years and I don't want to stop.

Oh, and tennis racket injury here. Much more bourgeoisie than your other sports injuries.

As much as you run and bike and get ran over by frenchies you'd think you'd want better breathing.

I think mine was a problem most of my life. I never really could run long distance. I'd run out of breath and my sides felt like someone was stabbing me.

Short distance, no problem. I'd just have to catch my breath.

BigRedChief
06-26-2023, 10:43 AM

I had this in March. 5 days of blood leakage. Small amount but you need to put some gauze under your nose to catch it. Work remotely and rarely turn on my camera. So I didn’t take a day off except for the surgery day. Pain was taken care of with some Tylenol. Not bad pain at all and only for a day or two.

Went back a week later to get the packing removed. Immediately felt like I had a wind tunnel in my nose now.

Superbowltrashcan
06-26-2023, 11:17 AM
I had one for about six months. I broke my nose in junior high one summer trying to impress the girls nearby watching the antics of me and my pals going off the springboard at the pool. I didn’t quite get the full 2.5 rotations in and smashed my face with my knee. Fast forward to that winter and I caught a rocket basketball with my face. I went from an Owen Wilson nose to just about perfect. My old man gave the kid that tossed the ball a ten spot for saving him having to pay for surgery on it. I was directed to stick to cross country and track as well.

oldman
06-26-2023, 11:18 AM
sec

Mine was from a pitch that didn't break. I will say it was from a guy that pitched in the majors for 9 years.

Rain Man
06-26-2023, 01:21 PM
I had this in March. 5 days of blood leakage. Small amount but you need to put some gauze under your nose to catch it. Work remotely and rarely turn on my camera. So I didn’t take a day off except for the surgery day. Pain was taken care of with some Tylenol. Not bad pain at all and only for a day or two.

Went back a week later to get the packing removed. Immediately felt like I had a wind tunnel in my nose now.

They told me that it was a five to seven day recovery, and I was wondering if that was actually time off work or just time to get back to my normal handsome look.

I too work mostly from home, and now Microsoft Teams lets me make a cool avatar to show up to meetings. So I should be good.

Otter
06-26-2023, 01:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2vatbQU9KqI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
06-26-2023, 01:37 PM
I felt good about the Joe Rogan video until a little blood started leaking out at the end.

seclark
06-26-2023, 01:41 PM
Mine was from a pitch that didn't break. I will say it was from a guy that pitched in the majors for 9 years.

I was just a dumb catcher who didn’t know when to keep his mask on.
Always had some buddies to wake me up though.
sec

seclark
06-26-2023, 01:44 PM
They told me that it was a five to seven day recovery, and I was wondering if that was actually time off work or just time to get back to my normal handsome look.

I too work mostly from home, and now Microsoft Teams lets me make a cool avatar to show up to meetings. So I should be good.

I drove 12 miles and voted the day I came home from my procedure.
I couldn’t tell you who or what I voted for.
sec

tx4chiefs
06-26-2023, 01:49 PM
I've had it, but it didn't really help for breathing. It straightened my nose a bit, but absolutely did not fix my breathing problem. I can't really breath through my left nostril, before or after. Wasn't very painful and after care was better than anticipated.

Kiimo
06-26-2023, 01:51 PM
Whatever you do don't get addicted to Afrin that shit is vile and will ruin you

Rain Man
12-09-2023, 02:20 AM
Okay, I did it. The pain isn't bad, but Day One isn't fun with all the bleeding and stuffiness and throat tickling. Sleep eludes me.

bdj23
12-09-2023, 03:06 AM
Whatever you do don't get addicted to Afrin that shit is vile and will ruin you

Afrin should be a prescription medicine. It's like smack. Sweet release for a few months but once you get "addicted" to it, it's an awful experience.

room152
12-09-2023, 07:42 AM
I had this procedure done 20 years ago. Helped out a lot. I had broken my nose a couple of times playing ball and they basically cleaned up the damage that had been done by straightening the air pathway. Face was pretty beat up for a week or so from what I remember. But would highly recommend the procedure if your having trouble breathing

stevegroganfan
12-09-2023, 08:19 AM
I had the procedure done over 30 years ago. I had broken my nose as a young kid by banging into a stationary object. It helped a little with breathing via my nose. I didn't take any pain pills the first 2-3 hours after surgery since even before the opioid crisis, I wanted to avoid optional medication as much as possible. The pain in my nose after surgery at the hospital wasn't too bad but the pain in the back of my head was somewhat severe/prevented sleeping even after finally giving in and taking the recommended pain pill. Weird but the doctor was right when he said my back of my head would hurt post surgery more than my nose. It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I was on a normal hospital bed but in the hospital bed it was like I was lying on a rock. Once I got out of the hospital after a few hours, much better even if my nose was like I had fought Mike Tyson.

After that first day, pain really went down by 70% even though it took around a week for my nose to really return to normal. Surgery went well in my case but I can't say it was a game changer in terms of breathing but it was a little helpful.

BigRedChief
12-09-2023, 08:38 AM
Okay, I did it. The pain isn't bad, but Day One isn't fun with all the bleeding and stuffiness and throat tickling. Sleep eludes me.Yeah, about the same experience for me. Not a lot of pain. More discomfort than pain. Just dealing with the gross stuff was irritating.

tmax63
12-09-2023, 08:46 AM
Last time I broke my nose I butted heads with a horse. My brother the vet (DVM) was putting a tube down a horse's nostril to de-worm him and I was holding him as still as I could. Brother asked if I was ok and I said just broke my nose again. We got done with the horse and he walked over to me, reached out and straightened my nose before I knew what he was doing. Being the kind soul that he was/is, he asked me if I wanted a piece of tape to put on it. Had a nice pair of black eyes for about a week.

scho63
12-09-2023, 09:00 AM
I never broke my nose but I have had my balls broken plenty of times here on CP.

Rain Man
12-09-2023, 10:19 AM
Afrin should be a prescription medicine. It's like smack. Sweet release for a few months but once you get "addicted" to it, it's an awful experience.

I had no idea that Afrin could be a problem. I've never had it before, but it was included in the followup recommendations and I've been snorting regularly for the past 18 hours. I'll slow it down.

Someone from the Sackler family also snuck into my room and gave me a prescription bottle of oxy. But I'm not in enough pain at all (at this point) to even consider it. My temporary problems are legion with the seeping blood and the sleep deprivation and the throat soreness and numb teeth and a general remaining loopiness, but pain isn't an issue. I'm just hanging out today staring uncomprehendingly at an Alf rerun and whatever comes on next.

seclark
12-09-2023, 10:57 AM
Afrin can be a problem for many people. I cut it with mild salt water to help wean myself off of it all together.
sec

Kiimo
12-09-2023, 11:00 AM
Here's the story of Afrin

Step 1: snort it and your nose clears up

Step 2: oh it wore off and now I can't breathe even worse than before

Step 3: oh wait I'll just snort more Afrin there we go I can breathe again

Step 4: oh shit now my nose is blocked 100% of the time I don't snort Afrin

Step 5: Welp, looks like it's going to be this way for 2-3 WEEKS while I detox from an over the counter nightmare drug

Rain Man
12-09-2023, 11:16 AM
I chatted up my wife and she said that my orders are no more than three days on the Afrin. So I'll follow those orders to a tee. I can't share my Dr. Pepper addiction with another drug.

Woogieman
12-09-2023, 11:37 AM
I've been dealing with the same...I ****ing can't stand not being able to keep sinuses clear, especially at night. Whe you lay horizontal, the sinuses eventually clog up, even if you do a neti, saline, or OTC spray (some people are prone to histamine surges from a variety of foods, beer, etc). Until I have surgery, the best solution I have found are little silcon nasal dilators ($12 on Amazon)...they are strong enough to keep the passages open, soft enough that you can barely feel them. I have not woken up once and felt an irritation or soreness like other devices I tried. They don't suffocate you like C-Pap, and $12 instead of $1,200.

jettio
12-09-2023, 01:04 PM
Is the surgeon a ears noise throat specialist or a plastic surgeon?

If the latter, they might try to sell you some new tits.

Kiimo
12-09-2023, 08:40 PM
Everyone will make jokes about rhinoplasty like they're the first person to realize rhino = big nose horn

BWillie
12-09-2023, 09:01 PM
Excuse me? Are you saying there is something wrong with my septum? I've deviated plenty but I've never done anything with a septum.

Rain Man
12-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Is the surgeon a ears noise throat specialist or a plastic surgeon?

If the latter, they might try to sell you some new tits.

He was pushing me on genital reduction surgery, but I like myself the way I am.

Rain Man
12-15-2023, 02:20 PM
Holy Bernoulli air flow!

I got the splints removed from my nose today. I can breathe! For the first time since the Clinton presidency, I can breathe! I can run marathons now. I can sing like Pavarotti. Colors are brighter. When birds sing, I can hear the lyrics. Why didn't I do this decades ago?

Fish
12-15-2023, 02:26 PM

Step 5: Welp, looks like it's going to be this way for 2-3 WEEKS while I detox from an over the counter nightmare drug

If you actually use it as directed, it doesn't cause any issues. It's not habit forming. The only issue you have to worry about is overusing it. Which can cause what's called rebound congestion. But the only way to reach that point is to drastically overuse it. Try following the actual directions.

bdj23
12-15-2023, 02:32 PM
Afrin can be a problem for many people. I cut it with mild salt water to help wean myself off of it all together.
sec

"Detox" with it by using it on one nostril while the other one heals. That's what i did. I have a bottle of it that I use very sparingly now. I bought it to deal with the cig smoke in Vegas last January and i still have 3/5 the bottle.

If you use it as recommended, it's probably fine. But lots of people who have nose problems abuse it not knowing what is in-store for them 3 or 4 months down the road. Not being able to breathe from your nose when you sleep leads to many restless nights.

Rain Man
12-15-2023, 02:39 PM
"Detox" with it by using it on one nostril while the other one heals. That's what i did. I have a bottle of it that I use very sparingly now. I bought it to deal with the cig smoke in Vegas last January and i still have 3/5 the bottle.

If you use it as recommended, it's probably fine. But lots of people who have nose problems abuse it not knowing what is in-store for them 3 or 4 months down the road. Not being able to breathe from your nose when you sleep leads to many restless nights.

Sleeping was the hardest part of this process for me. When you have to sleep as a mouth breather, everything in your mouth gets dried out.

I stopped using the Afrin once I read these posts, because I don't want to end up on the streets as a congested Afrin addict. I just used regular saline spray and bled on my shirts.

UteChief
12-15-2023, 02:44 PM
I had a perforated septum and deviated septum fixed at the same time. Pain really wasn’t bad. The worst thing I did was take a big bite of a peanut butter sandwich and almost suffocate. My nose was packed for several weeks because of the perforation.

Rain Man
12-15-2023, 02:48 PM
I had a perforated septum and deviated septum fixed at the same time. Pain really wasn’t bad. The worst thing I did was take a big bite of a peanut butter sandwich and almost suffocate. My nose was packed for several weeks because of the perforation.

I had almost no pain, only discomfort.

And yeah, eating was weird. Most of the time I was fine, but every once in a while I'd mess up the choreography between eating and breathing and would think I was going to die.

Several weeks would be tough. I did it for seven days and was really looking forward to today. It lived up to my expectations.

bdj23
12-15-2023, 02:50 PM
When you have to sleep as a mouth breather, everything in your mouth gets dried out.

I was getting to the point where i woke up 2-3 times a night to brush my teeth and slug down some cold water. Plus mouth breathing while sleeping is awful on your dental health and leads to cavities.

seclark
12-15-2023, 02:54 PM
Sleeping was the hardest part of this process for me. When you have to sleep as a mouth breather, everything in your mouth gets dried out.

I stopped using the Afrin once I read these posts, because I don't want to end up on the streets as a congested Afrin addict. I just used regular saline spray and bled on my shirts.

Wife noticed immediately I was breathing through my nose while sleeping right after surgery, and got better in the months after. Been 25 years and after growing up a mouth breather, I’m a happy man. I do use a cpap now, but I adapted to it fine. Hardly ever have a clogged nose.
sec

Rain Man
12-15-2023, 03:04 PM
I was getting to the point where i woke up 2-3 times a night to brush my teeth and slug down some cold water. Plus mouth breathing while sleeping is awful on your dental health and leads to cavities.

Same here, and not intentionally. I'd be asleep and then all of a sudden I'd wake up like this:

https://grist.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/homer_drooling.gif

Wife noticed immediately I was breathing through my nose while sleeping right after surgery, and got better in the months after. Been 25 years and after growing up a mouth breather, I’m a happy man. I do use a cpap now, but I adapted to it fine. Hardly ever have a clogged nose.
sec

I think my left nostril was solid enough that I wasn't normally a mouth breather. The right one was the one with the damage, so I could cripple by with the left. But now? It's full bore nose breathing, baby!

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2023, 03:09 PM
Holy Bernoulli air flow!

I got the splints removed from my nose today. I can breathe! For the first time since the Clinton presidency, I can breathe! I can run marathons now. I can sing like Pavarotti. Colors are brighter. When birds sing, I can hear the lyrics. Why didn't I do this decades ago?

That's what I remember most about my surgery. When they removed the packing and splints, there was just a rush of air.

Amazing feeling.

louie aguiar
12-15-2023, 03:46 PM

Nate Bargatze did a good bit on Afrin.

https://youtu.be/JRx8jwbGv78?si=JLLq4WP9ZgzGGMMl

Couch-Potato
12-15-2023, 04:08 PM
It's a pretty common procedure, go for it.

jettio
12-15-2023, 04:13 PM

You are wise to turn that down.

I made the mistake of not reading the entire thread and realizing you had the septum procedure already.:doh!:

J Diddy
12-15-2023, 05:16 PM

I opted for the penis enlargement rather than the genital reduction. I'm now 2 inches penii to 1 inch genitals.

Well worth it IMO.

Rausch
12-15-2023, 05:21 PM
I've not tried Cocaine, no...

bdj23
12-15-2023, 05:24 PM
Nate Bargatze did a good bit on Afrin.

https://youtu.be/JRx8jwbGv78?si=JLLq4WP9ZgzGGMMl

That's pretty good and the afrin experience summed up nicely.

BigRedChief
12-15-2023, 07:15 PM
Holy Bernoulli air flow!

It felt like all of a sudden I had a wind tunnel in my head. So much better. :thumb:

Rain Man
12-15-2023, 10:47 PM
It felt like all of a sudden I had a wind tunnel in my head. So much better. :thumb:

I was so stuffed up that I was girding myself for disappointment if I still couldn't breathe when they took the splints out. But the second the splints came out, I felt the same thing you did. It was like suddenly discovering that I have a third arm.

tx4chiefs
12-16-2023, 12:13 AM
Had it about 5 years ago. Pain wasn't as bad as I expected, put it off for many years. It did not however fix my breathing much, nor change the look of the off center deviation. I finally did after I met all my deductibles and got it for free. Not sure it was worth it, didn't accomplish what I expected.

Rain Man
12-21-2023, 09:55 PM
Had it about 5 years ago. Pain wasn't as bad as I expected, put it off for many years. It did not however fix my breathing much, nor change the look of the off center deviation. I finally did after I met all my deductibles and got it for free. Not sure it was worth it, didn't accomplish what I expected.

Oh, that's a bummer. It seems like most people benefit.

Rain Man
12-21-2023, 09:56 PM
Okay, I'm closing on the two week mark and am healing nicely. But I'll comment that food is not nearly as enjoyable when you have no sense of smell or taste. It's slowly coming back, though.