PDA

View Full Version : Misc Twitter severely limits daily tweet views

Clyde Frog
07-01-2023, 01:47 PM
Unsubscribed limited to viewing 600 a day
Subscribed limited to viewing 6000 a day

According to EM it was implemented in order to combat info scraping.

I’m at my limit or I’d post a link. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pablo
07-01-2023, 01:50 PM
6000 tweets a day?

Jesus. Who the fuck looks at that many tweets in a single day? I might get through like 2-300 during football season but I can't imagine how long that would take to look at that many.

FlaChief58
07-01-2023, 01:55 PM
Go outside and leave your phone at home ffs

Hammock Parties
07-01-2023, 01:57 PM
should probably enjoy the long weekend IRL dummies

Pablo
07-01-2023, 01:59 PM

I'm going on a hike later but I'm gonna have to make sure I get through like 3,000 tweets while I do it.

Otter
07-01-2023, 02:01 PM

Claynus, I feel like a step father that has tried to be proud of you my whole life but both of us failed miserably but have finally come to terms.

https://andrewsidea.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/dumbdumber4.jpg

Pablo
07-01-2023, 02:01 PM
Say you just looked at/read/scrolled by a tweet every 3 seconds.

6000 would take 5 straight hours out of your day. People living like that make me feel waaaaay better about wasting so much time on CP.

scho63
07-01-2023, 02:03 PM
I don't use Twitter and dumped FB June 6th.

Best decision I made.

CP is it. Nothing else....

493rd
07-01-2023, 02:09 PM
OMG!!!! Who gives a shit.

Womble
07-01-2023, 02:29 PM
I think what you're failing to realise is that twitter loads up about 100 tweets every time you go on your homepage. It seems that all you need to do scroll down a bit and you've viewed 100. Takes a few mins to "view" 600 tweets you scroll past and don't see. I got to the 600 mark in about ten mins of using the app today. Whilst it's all cool to say stuff like "huuuuurrrrr go outside retard" it kills app/site for those who don't pay for the blue tick and is a prime example of why this guy isn't the genius that a load of whoppers think he is.

KCUnited
07-01-2023, 02:30 PM
CENSORSHIP!!1

-King-
07-01-2023, 02:32 PM
6000 tweets a day?

Jesus. Who the fuck looks at that many tweets in a single day? I might get through like 2-300 during football season but I can't imagine how long that would take to look at that many.
Those are the same people that pay for Twitter. So checks out theyre cripplingly addicted to the site.

Only 600 for normal users is insane though.

tk13
07-01-2023, 02:37 PM
The 6000 isn't as a big of a deal but you can blow through 600 fast. Especially assuming you don't read every tweet and are scrolling down through the 50-100 tweets that load at a time. Probably the dumbest thing a social media app has done and that's saying something.

BWillie
07-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Yeah dont really understand this. 600 is not very many tweets to view really. What is the point of it?

Katipan
07-01-2023, 02:49 PM
Elon says it'll be 8000 and 800 eventually so everything will be fine.

Clyde Frog
07-01-2023, 02:56 PM
Elon says it'll be 8000 and 800 eventually so everything will be fine.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pablo
07-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Those are the same people that pay for Twitter. So checks out theyre cripplingly addicted to the site.

Only 600 for normal users is insane though.

Gotcha, so if you just have a twitter account it's 600. If you pay to play then you get 6k.

Elon IS an absolute genious mastermind so we'll see how this goes.

BWillie
07-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Go outside and leave your phone at home ffs

No

I am an avid indoorsman

tk13
07-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Yeah dont really understand this. 600 is not very many tweets to view really. What is the point of it?

There's a theory out there that this is related to the reports that Twitter was not paying its Google Cloud bills. Today is July 1. Possible their contract with Google is done and their servers are being throttled.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2023, 02:59 PM
This is some stupid ass shit. I ain’t paying for a blue check mark. Already locked out trying to get baseball highlights.

suzzer99
07-01-2023, 03:00 PM
6000 tweets a day?

Jesus. Who the **** looks at that many tweets in a single day? I might get through like 2-300 during football season but I can't imagine how long that would take to look at that many.

It doesn't take much scrolling. Lots of people are complaining about hitting the rate limit. https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=36552324

I used to spend an hour a day on twitter. I quit a while back. After that first week of withdrawal I never even wanted to look at it. I still look at linked tweets sometimes, but I never spend much time on twitter. Elon is going to put a lot of people through that withdrawal involuntarily, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of then don't come back.

Bearcat
07-01-2023, 03:00 PM
https://y.yarn.co/e3cc0fd4-b6fe-4ce6-ad74-a9783ffe78e0_text.gif

KCUnited
07-01-2023, 03:03 PM
This is like the NFL's Play 60 initiative but for adults

kstater
07-01-2023, 03:11 PM
Imagine telling the people that advertise on your that you're limiting the number of people that can view it.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Rain Man
07-01-2023, 03:16 PM
This seems good for society. I'll request that it be lowered to three, or maybe five.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Claynus, I feel like a step father that has tried to be proud of you my whole life but both of us failed miserably but have finally come to terms.

https://andrewsidea.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/dumbdumber4.jpg

what are you even talking about? i haven't tweeted today. i'm going out later. stfu old man

BWillie
07-01-2023, 03:27 PM
Imagine telling the people that advertise on your that you're limiting the number of people that can view it.

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen

Spott
07-01-2023, 03:29 PM
Life is way better without social media.

Kiimo
07-01-2023, 03:30 PM
reading up on this earlier...

[For the record: the Elon Musk stupid bullshit is him saying that all users now can only see X number of posts per day, which is STRICTLY limited and probably tracked based on their asinine viewcount thing which will include all garbage sponsored crap that they push into the For You section and other things that will basically make it so you can't see anything you actually want to]

It's EVEN dumber than that. He's made this change because they tried to simply "put up the paywall" and prevent anyone not logged in from seeing the website. The problem is, they didn't reprogram the site to do that, because that would be hard, so the site freaked out and just kept sending pulls for the tweets that the server was saying no for, ten times a second, for every person who isn't logged in but tries to look at a Tweet. Their change DDOSed themselves.

one for you conspiracy guys

Twitter is a terrible news aggregator but it's proven invaluable for helping people to navigate disasters, get live reporting, etc. There's nowhere else on the internet to get breaking, on the ground reporting other than twitter.

Also there was a twitter spaces with a bunch of journalists and one pointed out that what is likely to be a disastrous quarterly earnings Tesla meeting is tomorrow and that might be a possible reason why Elon up and decided nobody but his fanboys get to see tweets anymore

or even deeper conspiracy

I just saw him in an interview freaking out about work from home, claiming we have a moral obligation to go to an office, because it’s “unfair” that not all people can work from home due to the nature of their jobs. AKA Tesla in the fucking tank and he’s being told numbers regarding the amount of work from home people not needing to buy cars.

suzzer99
07-01-2023, 03:34 PM
This seems good for society. I'll request that it be lowered to three, or maybe five.

Seriously. Twitter can't die fast enough. Keep working your magic Elon.

Pablo
07-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Life is way better without social media.

You're correct.

Do you consider CP to be social media?

I spend time looking at twitter and facebook and reddit. I really don't give a shit about reddit most of the time, it's bottom tier time waster. Twitter is for sports. Facebook is mostly memes and videos and my wife tagging me in stuff for our kids and family stuff.

But is CP social media? I spend the bulk of my time here vs. all the rest of them. I am engaging socially with other users. What makes those things social media but not this place?

BWillie
07-01-2023, 03:35 PM
Seriously. Twitter can't die fast enough. Keep working your magic Elon.

Tik Tok and Facebook can die

Bring back Myspace

Keep Twitter and Instagram

Kiimo
07-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Funny you mentioned instagram

https://i.imgur.com/geiJ32e.png

there's something hilarious about this being announced on twitter

Spott
07-01-2023, 03:40 PM
You're correct.

I spend time looking at twitter and facebook and reddit. I really don't give a shit about reddit most of the time, it's bottom tier time waster. Twitter is for sports. Facebook is mostly memes and videos and my wife tagging me in stuff for our kids and family stuff.

But is CP social media? I spend the bulk of my time here vs. all the rest of them. I am engaging socially with other users. What makes those things social media but not this place?

This isn’t social media, IMO. Everyone here is anonymous and it’s not like we’re posting status updates, checking in somewhere or posting pics of ourselves. This site existed well before FB, twitter, etc. and hopefully it will be continue to be around.

Katipan
07-01-2023, 03:40 PM
You're correct.

Yes but only technically.

I don't think most people are posting for thumbs or likes here. Not since we were all drunk and naked.

Kiimo
07-01-2023, 03:41 PM
There's a theory out there that this is related to the reports that Twitter was not paying its Google Cloud bills. Today is July 1. Possible their contract with Google is done and their servers are being throttled.

https://i.imgur.com/6AydqQ1.png

siberian khatru
07-01-2023, 03:43 PM
Journalists on Twitter freaking out. “WE WON’T BE ABLE TO DO OUR JOBS!”

Bitch, you “doing your jobs” on Twitter is one of the worst things to happen to journalism.

suzzer99
07-01-2023, 03:44 PM
Tik Tok and Facebook can die

Bring back Myspace

Keep Twitter and Instagram

I'd be thrilled with a sports-only Twitter. No politics.

kstater
07-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Journalists on Twitter freaking out. “WE WON’T BE ABLE TO DO OUR JOBS!”

Bitch, you “doing your jobs” on Twitter is one of the worst things to happen to journalism.I disagree. Twitter as a news aggregate is the only good thing it has.

Chief Pagan
07-01-2023, 03:45 PM
You're correct.

The average CPer is over 50.

:harumph:

siberian khatru
07-01-2023, 03:47 PM
I disagree. Twitter as a news aggregate is the only good thing it has.

Posting links to news stories is fine.

Journalists opining and engaging in Twitter fights has been horrible.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Journalists opining and engaging in Twitter fights has been horrible.

it's a giant race to out virtue signal one another in the comments and quote tweets when that shit happens

and every tard complaining about elon today will still be on his site a year from now

Hammock Parties
07-01-2023, 03:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People have memory-holed all the glitching, crashing, and other techincal snafus that routinely occurred on Twitter before October 2022. Every month or so, the site would just cease functioning for like an hour. One time a teen even hacked all the biggest accounts simultaneously <a href="https://t.co/JfNmIGx2mo">pic.twitter.com/JfNmIGx2mo</a></p>&mdash; Michael Tracey (@mtracey) <a href="https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1675261941353267201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie
07-01-2023, 04:01 PM

Ohhh i love that idea

Spott
07-01-2023, 04:03 PM

Aren’t you the one that brought all those people over to this board to troll the DC forum?

Hammock Parties
07-01-2023, 04:07 PM

people just can't shut the fuck up though... ROFLROFL

Bearcat
07-01-2023, 04:08 PM
You're correct.

It's all social media and the time I spend on each platform largely depends on how easy it is to see the content I want to see.

Out of CP, reddit, twitter, and facebook.... facebook is the only one that truly sucks at showing you the info you want.

FB and CP have a definite edge in real life social connections, while twitter and reddit for me are pretty much all strangers.

If it wasn't for keeping (boomer) family/friends up to date on things, I'd probably dump facebook. And I really only use twitter on occasion to search for stuff.

It's basically CP and reddit for death scrolling, then FB and twitter when needed.

Katipan
07-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Ohhh i love that idea

Spitter

tk13
07-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Aside from sports news another big thing is emergency alerts. I can't access it now because I'm locked out but I saw a National Weather Service office that's dealing with severe weather tonight and they're asking people to call their office directly if they have weather reports because they can't see things coming in over Twitter.

The people who complain about politics and free speech and all that aren't the only people who use Twitter. There is a ton of value in news, weather and sports alerts if you follow the right people, there's nothing else like it on the Internet.

Chiefspants
07-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Aside from sports news another big thing is emergency alerts. I can't access it now because I'm locked out but I saw a National Weather Service office that's dealing with severe weather tonight and they're asking people to call their office directly if they have weather reports because they can't see things coming in over Twitter.

The people who complain about politics and free speech and all that aren't the only people who use Twitter. There is a ton of value in news, weather and sports alerts if you follow the right people, there's nothing else like it on the Internet.

The utility of using Twitter for news already took a huge hit, especially internationally. Trying to find any reputable source for the “unrest” in Russia and the riots in France has been a fool’s errand now that every butt-reamin’ asshole has a blue check.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 04:52 PM
I follow a few people on Twitter. Mostly sports related. All the other nonsense is filtered out.

It would take several weeks for the people I follow to post 6000 tweets.

Do people need all things Twitter through a fire hose?

Ming the Merciless
07-01-2023, 04:54 PM
maybe if youre reading 600 tweets a day, its time to pony up?

tk13
07-01-2023, 04:55 PM
The utility of using Twitter for news already took a huge hit, especially internationally. Trying to find any reputable source for the “unrest” in Russia and the riots in France has been a fool’s errand now that every butt-reamin’ asshole has a blue check.

That's definitely true but I'm talking about things like if a building blows up in KC, or a big earthquake hits California or a F4 tornado hits Oklahoma or something. There's always crap to wade through but there's also a lot of good info to follow along with the story.

tk13
07-01-2023, 04:58 PM
I follow a few people on Twitter. Mostly sports related. All the other nonsense is filtered out.

It would take several weeks for the people I follow to post 6000 tweets.

Do people need all things Twitter through a fire hose?

It's not posting, it's reading. It's only 600 if you don't pay, although it appears they've bumped it up to 1000. That's still nothing. You read one thread from Schefter and then maybe go read a Pat McAfee thread and a few of the comments and you've burned through most of your limit because you scrolled through 100+ comments to do it. And you've only read two of their tweets. We'll see how temporary this is though.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:03 PM
It's not posting, it's reading. It's only 600 if you don't pay, although it appears they've bumped it up to 1000. That's still nothing. You read one thread from Schefter and then maybe go read a Pat McAfee thread and a few of the comments and you've burned through most of your limit because you scrolled through 100+ comments to do it. And you've only read two of their tweets. We'll see how temporary this is though.

Meh. I guess I'll complain when I'm affected. 600 per day seems way more than I read.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:17 PM
OK. It's 1000 per day and you actually have to click on the tweet. I read tweets on my page like headlines. I'd say I click on 1 of 10. Maybe click on a comment or two. There's no way in hell I'd ever come close to hitting 1000 per day.

KCUnited
07-01-2023, 05:20 PM
We’ll be fine

Chiefspants
07-01-2023, 05:27 PM
That's definitely true but I'm talking about things like if a building blows up in KC, or a big earthquake hits California or a F4 tornado hits Oklahoma or something. There's always crap to wade through but there's also a lot of good info to follow along with the story.

100%. I hadn't appreciated just what a disorganized hellscape trying to get authentic international news was until those events last week. Add in this at the domestic level and it's going to get bad in a hurry for twitter unless they sort it out in a hurry.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Who the hell looks to Twitter for breaking news? Do you scour Facebook and Instagram, too?

Chiefspants
07-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Who the hell looks to Twitter for breaking news? Do you scour Facebook and Instagram, too?

There is no better place to go for live, up to date, severe weather warnings. Saved me from many a hail storm in CO (and got me out of work one day to help my parents prepare for a wildfire evac) - it was much, much quicker than our local news websites (but sometimes their twitter account was first to break the news!)

Pablo
07-01-2023, 05:40 PM
We’ll be fine

Are you sure?

What if tweet #601 was the one I really, really wanted to read? I gotta wait until tomorrow or some shit?

BWillie
07-01-2023, 05:40 PM

Thats where I get almost all of my news.

Pablo
07-01-2023, 05:41 PM

Twitter is the instant news source. Every breaking Chiefs news you've ever got here was posted on twitter then vomited up here within a minute or two.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:42 PM
There is no better place to go for live, up to date, severe weather warnings. Saved me from many a hail storm in CO (and got me out of work one day to help my parents prepare for a wildfire evac) - it was much, much quicker than our local news websites (but sometimes their twitter account was first to break the news!)

So, Twitter was a better vehicle for information than the source itself? Odd.

suzzer99
07-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Aren’t you the one that brought all those people over to this board to troll the DC forum?

Only in the DC forum nutjob contingent's collective imagination. One poster came over because of me, Trolly McTrollerson.

As I've explained 100s of times, I showed the posters on twoplustwo.com the DC forum as a cultural curiosity, a side of the internet many of them weren't familiar with at all. So it was more like gawk, not troll. DC nutjobs only see politics as Broncos vs. Chiefs, our side vs. their side. They've never been curious about how the other side thinks, so they can't comprehend anyone being curious about how they think.

I haven't posted in DC in maybe 5 years. I'm done arguing politics on the internet. My mental health has never been better.

wazu
07-01-2023, 05:44 PM
OK. It's 1000 per day and you actually have to click on the tweet. I read tweets on my page like headlines. I'd say I click on 1 of 10. Maybe click on a comment or two. There's no way in hell I'd ever come close to hitting 1000 per day.

Maybe that's what they intend, but I've probably scrolled past less than 100 tweets today, and maybe clicked on 2, and have gotten the error repeatedly. Tweetdeck has columns that won't load at all.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:44 PM
Thats where I get almost all of my news.

Twitter is the vehicle. They don't have journalists.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2023, 05:49 PM
So, Twitter was a better vehicle for information than the source itself? Odd.

For certain news yes.

Sometimes one sentence is all you need. Like a locker room or injury update.
Sometimes it’s finding a sports highlight for some rando
Sometimes you want to follow the chatter behind the news

It’s a hell of a lot faster than waiting for someone to write up an article

BWillie
07-01-2023, 05:50 PM
Twitter is the vehicle. They don't have journalists.

Be that as it may Adam Shefter and Adrian Wojnarowski don't text or call me 1st before they spill the beans.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 05:57 PM
I just spent the past few minutes clicking on tweets and comments and comments and tweets. Haven't hit my "limit" yet.

wazu
07-01-2023, 06:00 PM
I just spent the past few minutes clicking on tweets and comments and comments and tweets. Haven't hit my "limit" yet.

Hey man stop using up all the Twitter.

KCUnited
07-01-2023, 06:04 PM
For those who have reached their max it’s tornado season in the Midwest

Maybe spread a couple blinds and look outside every now and again

Stewie
07-01-2023, 06:05 PM
Be that as it may Adam Shefter and Adrian Wojnarowski don't text or call me 1st before they spill the beans.

Good lord. We know they tweet. Twitter is their vehicle. The point of this thread is that Twitter is temporarily limiting clicks on Tweets to 1000 per day. That's a stupid high amount and I use Twitter every day.

Stewie
07-01-2023, 06:06 PM
Hey man stop using up all the Twitter.

I'm trying to break it. So far, not so good.

BWillie
07-01-2023, 06:12 PM
For those who have reached their max it’s tornado season in the Midwest

Maybe spread a couple blinds and look outside every now and again

I just bought some cinder blocks and sand bags for the inside of the trailer. Should weigh it down enough

Stewie
07-01-2023, 06:14 PM
I'm done trying to hit my limit. I did pause looking at a really nice pic of Suzy Kolber.

Neighbors shooting fireworks. I'm out.

wazu
07-01-2023, 06:14 PM
I'm trying to break it. So far, not so good.

Do you have tweetdeck? My mobile regular Twitter app seems okay now. But Tweetdeck won't load things.

Icon
07-01-2023, 06:19 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeBenzCyber/status/1675254646942896128

JohnnyHammersticks
07-01-2023, 06:28 PM
I just bought some cinder blocks and sand bags for the inside of the trailer. Should weigh it down enough

You should put wings on it instead. Would be like one of those vacation gimmicks the airlines run occasionally where you buy a plane ticket but you don’t know where you’re going to end up.

JohnnyHammersticks
07-01-2023, 06:43 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeBenzCyber/status/1675254646942896128

That’s some interesting stuff right there… :hmmm:

JohnnyHammersticks
07-01-2023, 06:47 PM
I'm in 100% agreement with those who say Twitter is a cesspool, but every once-in-a-blue-moon you find an amazing tweet that makes wading through all the garbage worth it. Animal-lovers, you're especially going to want to watch this one. And make sure to watch it to the end.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A mother deer asks a human for help. Please aspire to be like this guy. <br>❤️ Faith in humanity ❤️ <a href="https://t.co/4qMIAXYoXJ">pic.twitter.com/4qMIAXYoXJ</a></p>&mdash; 🇺🇸ProudArmyBrat (@leslibless) <a href="https://twitter.com/leslibless/status/1674606434183524352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
07-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Good lord. We know they tweet. Twitter is their vehicle. The point of this thread is that Twitter is temporarily limiting clicks on Tweets to 1000 per day. That's a stupid high amount and I use Twitter every day.
You don't really know what you're talking about in this thread huh?

KC_Connection
07-01-2023, 07:56 PM
It all just happened to break down on the 1st of July, eh? Sounds like that clown Elon didn’t pay a bill.

JohnnyHammersticks
07-01-2023, 08:23 PM
:facepalm:

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Probably bullshit but w/ever

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some people asked me to share what I just shared in a space about the rate limits. I don&#39;t work for Twitter but, I do architect IT cloud solutions as my day job.<br><br>It is temporary. Twitter&#39;s rate limiting is not what everyone is thinking it is. It is not to punish non-paying… <a href="https://t.co/Wxa9jJEVZn">https://t.co/Wxa9jJEVZn</a></p>&mdash; The Sicilian Irish Robot (@misteryrobozo) <a href="https://twitter.com/misteryrobozo/status/1675217396670291971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure-Oz
07-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Who the hell looks to Twitter for breaking news? Do you scour Facebook and Instagram, too?Lol it's breaking news everywhere in real time. It's extremely valuable for local news, national, weather etc ...has been for a long time

Sure-Oz
07-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Do you have tweetdeck? My mobile regular Twitter app seems okay now. But Tweetdeck won't load things.I assumed all third party Twitter apps were banned

Sure-Oz
07-01-2023, 08:55 PM
I think once blue sky goes live that will take over Twitter as the main news/media etc everyone will go there

displacedinMN
07-02-2023, 07:32 AM
Lol it's breaking news everywhere in real time. It's extremely valuable for local news, national, weather etc ...has been for a long time

I see a lot of stuff hit twitter before it hits any news source

wazu
07-02-2023, 08:26 AM
I assumed all third party Twitter apps were banned

They are, but Tweetdeck is not third party. It’s owned by Twitter and it’s the only way to fly if you’re on a PC.

Hammock Parties
07-02-2023, 08:27 AM
scrolled a lot yesterday and this morning

not a damn sign of stoppage

fucking whiners literally have no life and spend all fucking day on their phones, elon did them a favor

rico
07-02-2023, 08:50 AM
I am pretty decent and can be effective with social media… well, the ones I like anyways. I really liked MySpace… had a large following there for my humor page. I currently run a sports media outlet on primarily Facebook called The Pin Doctors that I started 3 years ago that I’ve already built to 45K followers. My favorite social media platform hands down. Snapchat is the one I use in which the only friend requests I accept are people I’m legit friends with. Snapchat portrays the most accurate version of who I am, IMO. I don’t care for Instagram. I have no need for TikTok….

And then there’s Twitter. There’s not a social media outlet that will ever exist that will infuriate me more than Twitter. I despise it. And what’s weird is that I’ve actually got a sizable following on both my personal and business twitter accounts despite only using it begrudgingly. That fucking platform has made things to where total morons with a thought and a large following are perceived as credible by the masses using usually mind-numbingly dull one liners or whatever they can fit into 240 characters. No need to actually do research to be considered an expert on Twitter. All you need is a large number of idiotic followers and the ability to be able to communicate one stupid thought and boom… you are an expert.

The people who are into Twitter remind me of the real gossipy, extroverted people who hang out in groups and routinely engage in pointless discussions.

240 characters… I mean, duh, of course I of all people will hate Twitter. To those of you who know me on here, you probably know that a common joke that people write in response to my posts on here is tl;dr. And I own it! I’m long-winded as hell sometimes… But for real… I’m not joking when I say that when I post my articles on Twitter, I spend more time trying to figure out how to strategically fit the titles of my articles into 240 characters than I spend actually writing the articles themselves. That’s probably what I hate the most about it. 240 characters… yeah, suck my dick.

Fuck Twitter. It’s maddening for someone like me. I hope it goes away someday. Putrid.

ghak99
07-02-2023, 10:32 AM
All the old angry people used to pay for a newspaper. None of the angry young people know people used to have to pay for their newspaper.

Fun times.

Hammock Parties
07-02-2023, 10:40 AM
All the old angry people used to pay for a newspaper. None of the angry young people know people used to have to pay for their newspaper.

Fun times.

Never paid for a paper in my life, except Chiefs SB issues of The Star.

I gladly pay for twitter. Incredibly worth it.

vonBobo
07-02-2023, 11:07 AM
I gladly pay for twitter. Incredibly worth it.

Cool story bro

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7zm9q/elon-musk-twitter-nazis-white-supremacy