PDA

View Full Version : Football Bieniemy making some waves in Washington

Pages : [1] 2 3

wazu
08-08-2023, 08:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">we haven&#39;t even had 1 preseason game yet...<br><br>and players are complaining to the HC about the OC behind his back...<br><br>and then the HC is airing that laundry publicly in the media without wholesale defending his handpicked OC<br><br>yikes <a href="https://t.co/1SsJiINoVj">https://t.co/1SsJiINoVj</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1688910411939336192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

displacedinMN
08-08-2023, 08:23 AM
What, Ron Rivera throwing people under the bus and being an ass. Never saw that coming.

FloridaMan88
08-08-2023, 08:25 AM
Barring some miracle run, Rivera and the coaching staff know they will be gone after this season.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 08:26 AM
It was said many times here that EB is the type who is always yelling and screaming at players, and a lot of players don't take to it.

They knew what they were getting...

Pablo
08-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Won’t believe a word until the chiefs kingdom editorial board reports on it

MarkDavis'Haircut
08-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Don't forget that Captain Del Dummy is the DC there.

He is also the master of throwing assistants under the bus.

MarkDavis'Haircut
08-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Won’t believe a word of it until the chiefs kingdom editorial board reports on it

I was about to post that joke. :cuss:

Wallcrawler
08-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Listen, I'm no Bieniemy fan, but you're not gonna turn a dumpster fire team around with handholding and kisses on the forehead.

The Rams hated Dick Vermiel and in year 3 they were World Champions led by an arena league hero.

Not saying Bieniemy is Vermiel, but putting foot to ass and in a non negotiable manner isn't an instant proof that Bieniemy is terrible.

Bieniemy comes from a winning program, he's seen what to do and how to do it. If the team isn't open to his non negotiable attempt to copy/paste the KC formula onto them, then it sounds like some players need cleaned out.

Moreover, why run and tattle to the HC? Do you not have enough conviction in your argument that he's wrong for you to say something to him yourself?

Sounds like the Commanders have some pussies on their squad is all this says to me.

irafreak
08-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Sounds like he's saying the players today are too coddled compared to bienemy's days. Sounds about right.

Strongside
08-08-2023, 08:30 AM
Watching Quarterback on Netflix was kind of eye-opening for me. They had a whole bunch of Nagy in there, but little-to-no Bieniemy. Either he didn't give them permission to use his audio, or Mahomes and co. don't have a great relationship with the dude and the exchanges were always very transactional and boring.

tredadda
08-08-2023, 08:30 AM
It was said many times here that EB is the type who is always yelling and screaming at players, and a lot of players don't take to it.

They knew what they were getting...

KC got away with it for a few years primarily because Reid is a players coach and they loved and respect him. This could be another huge reason why EB can't get a HC gig. It's not about race in his case, it's simply his approach does not work with players today. He would lose his team very quickly.

penguinz
08-08-2023, 08:31 AM
Won’t believe a word until the chiefs kingdom editorial board reports on it

You'll have to click into DC since GoQueefs can't post in the lounge.

TwistedChief
08-08-2023, 08:36 AM
KC got away with it for a few years primarily because Reid is a players coach and they loved and respect him. This could be another huge reason why EB can't get a HC gig. It's not about race in his case, it's simply his approach does not work with players today. He would lose his team very quickly.

This completely.

Those Rivera comments are the first on the record indictment of his style that we've gotten, and it absolutely speaks volumes.

Reports out of the Washington camp are also that their offense looks terribly unorganized.

Horrible look for the guy but also one that seems deserved.

wazu
08-08-2023, 08:38 AM
Listen, I'm no Bieniemy fan, but you're not gonna turn a dumpster fire team around with handholding and kisses on the forehead.

The Rams hated Dick Vermiel and in year 3 they were World Champions led by an arena league hero.

Not saying Bieniemy is Vermiel, but putting foot to ass and in a non negotiable manner isn't an instant proof that Bieniemy is terrible.

Bieniemy comes from a winning program, he's seen what to do and how to do it. If the team isn't open to his non negotiable attempt to copy/paste the KC formula onto them, then it sounds like some players need cleaned out.

Moreover, why run and tattle to the HC? Do you not have enough conviction in your argument that he's wrong for you to say something to him yourself?

Sounds like the Commanders have some pussies on their squad is all this says to me.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't really know if Bieniemy is a good coach or not, but the key takeaway for me from this story is Ron Rivera sucks. Bieniemy is old school and everybody knows that. Probably steps a tad over the line from time to time like any old school coach, and probably meeting resistance because some players are pussies and want practice to be a safe space even when they keep screwing up.

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 08:39 AM
Team EB on this one.

Insert Kobe SOFT gif here. If players are complaining about having to practice hard they should be first on the bus out of town.

EB hasn't been my favorite guy but he's the only one there attempting to fix the shitty culture. Anyone who has a problem with a drill sergeant coach just lets you know exactly which players are the problem. First step is to trade those guys for assets.

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 08:46 AM
It just solidifies all the rumors why EB hasn't been able to get a HC job.

IowaHawkeyeChief
08-08-2023, 08:51 AM
This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't really know if Bieniemy is a good coach or not, but the key takeaway for me from this story is Ron Rivera sucks. Bieniemy is old school and everybody knows that. Probably steps a tad over the line from time to time like any old school coach, and probably meeting resistance because some players are pussies and want practice to be a safe space even when they keep screwing up.

^this^

So many pussies out there who would rather win 7 games and not get yelled at...

smithandrew051
08-08-2023, 08:52 AM
Water makes you weak. Take a fucking salt tablet, pussy.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 08:53 AM

You think Vermeil turned his teams around by yelling and screaming at guys twice his size? Because most people have the idea that he was pretty much the opposite of what EB is, and Andy Reid too.

displacedinMN
08-08-2023, 08:53 AM
agreed with wallcrawler

That whole organization is a dumpster fire. The new owners needs to step in and say
Buck up or shut up.

EB may be the HC next year if not sooner.

staylor26
08-08-2023, 08:55 AM

Yup.

tredadda
08-08-2023, 08:56 AM

Andy doesn't have the hard line stance that EB has. To mimic the KC model you need to relate to players like Reid has. He should be modeling that as much as KC's offensive philosophy.

kevrunner
08-08-2023, 08:56 AM
One of the better players is on Team Bieniemy:

Bieniemy's coaching style may not be for everyone. But it appears that several Commanders players have embraced what he brings to the table. One of those players is veteran wideout Terry McLaurin, who is used to playing for demanding coaches. McLaurin thrived at Ohio State while playing for Urban Meyer.*
"I think I've noticed, even from my journey at Ohio State (I learned that) where you gain more through the unselfishness," McLaurin recently said on The Pivot podcast. "You gain more when you put yourself on the side and putting all you can in for the team. I think EB breathes that. I think Coach Rivera has breathed that since he got here. I think the defense and their staff breathes that as well. And I think ownership breathes that. So I think we finally have that synergy to where we've got everything in the right direction. We've got the right people in the right places."*

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 08:57 AM
EB hasn't been my favorite guy but he's the only one there attempting to fix the shitty culture.

Doesn't sound to me like the environment in Washington has gotten any less toxic

Coochie liquor
08-08-2023, 08:58 AM
You'll have to click into DC since GoChiefs can't post in the lounge.

Wait…. WHAT???

HC_Chief
08-08-2023, 08:58 AM
EB is a hardass. Abrasive & inflexible does not ingratiate yourself to anyone. Sure, there are players who are used to tyrants as coaches, but that can only go so far. When going gets tough, the tyrants lose support, especially if they absolute refuse to accept any responsibility for said tough goings. Sounds like the players are seeing EB as one of the "tyrant types", and considering this is Washington we are talking about, they also know tough times are ahead.

smithandrew051
08-08-2023, 08:59 AM
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"width="788.54" height="443" type="text/html" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JBFzaOGEw6g?autoplay=0&fs=0&iv_load_policy=3&showinfo=0&rel=0&cc_load_policy=0&start=0&end=0&origin=http://youtubeembedcode.com"><div><small><a href="https://youtubeembedcode.com/en">youtubeembedcode.com/en/</a></small></div><div><small><a href="https://utaninkomst.se/">sms lån direkt utbetalning utan inkomst</a></small></div></iframe>

This episode was so funny

TwistedChief
08-08-2023, 08:59 AM
agreed with wallcrawler

That whole organization is a dumpster fire. The new owners needs to step in and say
Buck up or shut up.

No, that's the point. He's not clicking with players.

You can blame them for being soft, but if the guy's message isn't resonating, that's a problem.

There's no way with that backdrop and the early reports out of camp that he's going to be seriously considered for that role.

This is a guy who - according to people inside the building not related to the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board - antagonized Mahomes enough during halftime of that ill-fated AFC Championship game that he threw a piece of fruit at him.

Definitely not on Team EB here.

Stewie
08-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Gee, an intense and demanding coach in the NFL. Who'da thunk?

IowaHawkeyeChief
08-08-2023, 09:03 AM
You think Vermeil turned his teams around by yelling and screaming at guys twice his size? Because most people have the idea that he was pretty much the opposite of what EB is, and Andy Reid too.

Good Cop, Bad Cop works, players are motivated in different ways and sometime they need the stick instead of the carrot. Mike Martz was Vermeil's stick...

penguinz
08-08-2023, 09:05 AM
EB is an ass and thinks you earn respect by being an ass. Going to be fun to watch him go down in flames this season.

wazu
08-08-2023, 09:09 AM

You can blame them for being soft, but if the guy's message isn't resonating, that's a problem.

There's no way with that backdrop and the early reports out of camp that he's going to be seriously considered for that role.

This is a guy who - according to people inside the building not related to the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board - antagonized Mahomes enough during halftime of that ill-fated AFC Championship game that he threw a piece of fruit at him.

They also hosted 5 straight AFC Championships and went to 3 Superbowls with Bieiniemy at OC. Granted, his supporting cast from all angles was monumentally better, but he was in a very important position through all that success.

If Rivera believed in EB enough to bring him in and make him the full-blown "real" OC, then he ought to give him a chance before undermining him to the media. Being a hardass usually doesn't win a ton of friends early on, but if they experience success the narrative can change quickly. I don't think they will since then don't have a QB, but at this point might as well at least give your horrible plan some opportunity to succeed.

staylor26
08-08-2023, 09:10 AM

Wait, what?

tredadda
08-08-2023, 09:13 AM
They also hosted 5 straight AFC Championships and went to 3 Superbowls with Bieiniemy at OC. Granted, his supporting cast from all angles was monumentally better, but he was in a very important position through all that success.

If Rivera believed in EB enough to bring him in and make him the full-blown "real" OC, then he ought to give him a chance before undermining him to the media. Being a hardass usually doesn't win a ton of friends early on, but if they experience success the narrative can change quickly. I don't think they will since then don't have a QB, but at this point might as well at least give your horrible plan some opportunity to succeed.

We are about to find out how much of the 5 AFCCGs and 3 SBs is because of EB and how much is Reid. I do agree that Rivera should not have thrown EB under the bus. Very unprofessional, especially considering EB is his hand picked OC.

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 09:15 AM
agreed with wallcrawler

Buck up or shut up.

No chance in hell.

EB has been passed up for HC jobs what 18-20 times and now his first stint as OC at a new team is already making waves because of his approach?

Nah man, he isn't ever going to be a HC UNLESS in the end this all somehow works out and Washington's offense is really good which isn't happening.

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 09:16 AM
Wait, what?

For a guy who has crucified Clay and the editorial board that's an odd thing to throw out there today isn't it.

TwistedChief
08-08-2023, 09:19 AM
For a guy who has crucified Clay and the editorial board that's an odd thing to throw out there today isn't it.

Some people post stuff to get attention and others post stuff to try to provide actual information in our community that helps provide context to the relevant discussion.

chiefzilla1501
08-08-2023, 09:22 AM
This completely.

Those Rivera comments are the first on the record indictment of his style that we've gotten, and it absolutely speaks volumes.

Reports out of the Washington camp are also that their offense looks terribly unorganized.

Horrible look for the guy but also one that seems deserved.

Yeah, I don't take much stock in complaints about a hardass in the first training camp. That offense needs a kick in the ass and I don't sense Scott turner was going to do that. If there's truth to the issues with organization it doesn't sound surprising and that's much more problematic.

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 09:26 AM
Some people post stuff to get attention and others post stuff to try to provide actual information in our community that helps provide context to the relevant discussion.

Well I mean do you care to elaborate?

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 09:32 AM
Pretty comical that EB has had rumors flying around for years he was an asshole and a lot of players didn't like him and his next stop in Washington is the same scenario and we 100% know now its not just a rumor and people are still making excuses for him.

dtrain
08-08-2023, 09:37 AM
I think I saw it somewhere on the planet that players didn't like the pace of practice. To me says more about players being soft.

ModSocks
08-08-2023, 09:40 AM
he threw a piece of fruit at him.

I freakin' KNEW they were still serving orange slices at halftime! Capri Suns too, huh? Knew it.

Garcia Bronco
08-08-2023, 09:42 AM
EB is being a football coach trying to bring up a bunch of soft bitches...aka generation Z.

ChiTown
08-08-2023, 09:42 AM
This shouldn't be a surprise to ANYONE that's been paying attention over the last 3-5 years. There's a reason EB wasn't getting any HC'ing opps and it had NOTHING to do with race. He was protected in KC by having a HOF Coach and supremely talented position players at QB, WR & TE. That protection is gone and he's getting exposed for the guy that he is. We'll see how this plays out, but I'm guessing it's not going to be pretty in Landover.

Pepe Silvia
08-08-2023, 09:43 AM

It was a run by fruiting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VsfDngFIe_8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 09:43 AM

I don't know how much yelling he did, but Dick was notorious for tough training camps

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6875207/dick-vermeil-says-st-louis-rams-not-win-super-bowl-current-practice-limits

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 09:44 AM
Wait, what?

First I've heard of the fruit throwing as well...

Coochie liquor
08-08-2023, 09:56 AM
First I've heard of the fruit throwing as well...

Yeah, like what kinda fruit? Oranges, grapes, Jackson Mahomes??

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 10:00 AM
Yeah, like what kinda fruit? Oranges, grapes, Jackson Mahomes??

I'm not at liberty to say, but TC has impeccable sources

Oh and Clay was banished to DC for a month

Chiefspants
08-08-2023, 10:04 AM
The only way this style works is if you win with this style. Otherwise players are going to tune it out in a hurry (especially if you can’t take criticism in turn).

It’s why Vermeil and Bill Belichick get the respect they do, because their style gets results.

But if it doesn’t get results, you become Todd Haley and out of the NFL in a hurry. The reports that Washington’s offense is disorganized is bad news if Bienemy hopes to get his players to follow his philosophy.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 10:17 AM
I don't know how much yelling he did, but Dick was notorious for tough training camps

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6875207/dick-vermeil-says-st-louis-rams-not-win-super-bowl-current-practice-limits

The intensity of practices isn't what people are talking about here, it's EB's approach toward players and his relationships with them.

FlaChief58
08-08-2023, 10:20 AM
As shitty as that team is, those guys need a swift kick in the ass. Maybe they'll stop sucking wildebeest ass

Pablo
08-08-2023, 10:26 AM
The shit is bananas!/ EB at halftime

wazu
08-08-2023, 10:27 AM
Gibson showing more professionalism than Rivera.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sounds like Eric Bieniemy took the Andy Reid training camp tempo to DC. I like Antonio Gibson’s comment here. <a href="https://t.co/UkbxccdqK3">https://t.co/UkbxccdqK3</a></p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1688945059733942273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie
08-08-2023, 10:31 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">we haven&#39;t even had 1 preseason game yet...<br><br>and players are complaining to the HC about the OC behind his back...<br><br>and then the HC is airing that laundry publicly in the media without wholesale defending his handpicked OC<br><br>yikes <a href="https://t.co/1SsJiINoVj">https://t.co/1SsJiINoVj</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1688910411939336192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's always been a shithead. Players of this day and age do not respond well to how he tries to coach. He's like the black Todd Haley. It's why nobody wanted to hire him. It really can only work if you have a good guy bad guy type dynamic with a head coach (Andy Reid) and you guys are really good (Chiefs)

Chiefspants
08-08-2023, 10:49 AM

Didn’t Tony G always wax poetic about how he might join the NBA during camp and skip camps during the Vermeil era? Or am I misremembering the drama? (I was like, 10, but was always worried about Tony G’s various holdouts).

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Didn’t Tony G always wax poetic about how he might join the NBA during camp and skip camps during the Vermeil era? Or am I misremembering the drama? (I was like, 10, but was always worried about Tony G’s various holdouts).

Hmm I don't recall that, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 11:01 AM

I think he and certain other veterans (Roaf maybe?) somehow worked out a way to report late or not fully participate, with a view toward saving wear and tear on their bodies for the season.

BryanBusby
08-08-2023, 11:11 AM
The only way this style works is if you win with this style. Otherwise players are going to tune it out in a hurry (especially if you can’t take criticism in turn).

It’s why Vermeil and Bill Belichick get the respect they do, because their style gets results.

But if it doesn’t get results, you become Todd Haley and out of the NFL in a hurry. The reports that Washington’s offense is disorganized is bad news if Bienemy hopes to get his players to follow his philosophy.
Correct.

Will wait to see the results before drawing conclusions. Not hard to see a newly installed Offense with an inexperienced QB probably looks disorganized in camp.

The results is what's going to matter.

tooge
08-08-2023, 11:14 AM
Why didn't Bienemy get a HC job? Lets see. He speaks in ebonics. He has a bad temper. He pisses players off. What else?

BryanBusby
08-08-2023, 11:16 AM
Why didn't Bienemy get a HC job? Lets see. He speaks in ebonics. He has a bad temper. He pisses players off. What else?
Ahhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Pablo
08-08-2023, 11:20 AM
Ahhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

LMAO

He speaks in generic coach speak. Almost the same as ebonics

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 12:07 PM
CP: Why do people keep bringing up race with EB not getting a head coaching job!!!

Also CP: Maybe if he didn't speak like a black guy he would have a head coaching job!!!!

KCJake
08-08-2023, 12:18 PM

This is literally the first good thing I've ever heard said about ol EB

ReynardMuldrake
08-08-2023, 12:19 PM
<iframe width="1126" height="633" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RsI40Pwh3EE" title="LIVE: Asst HC/OC Eric Bieniemy Speaks with the Media After Practice | Washington Commanders" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DRM08
08-08-2023, 12:21 PM
It will be interesting if the Chiefs offense gets better without EB in the building. Sure seemed like there was some tension between him and a lot of the players. Question is whether that tension was a good thing or bad thing. Time will tell.

BleedingRed
08-08-2023, 12:23 PM
CP: Why do people keep bringing up race with EB not getting a head coaching job!!!

Also CP: Maybe if he didn't speak like a black guy he would have a head coaching job!!!!

Well his race does play into it. The reason he didn't get a headcoaching job can be multiple answers.

However,

I would argue on the primary reasons is, who the fuck wants to give the Chiefs ANOTHER draft pick?

ChiTown
08-08-2023, 12:28 PM
<iframe width="1126" height="633" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RsI40Pwh3EE" title="LIVE: Asst HC/OC Eric Bieniemy Speaks with the Media After Practice | Washington Commanders" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That actually sounded like a pretty solid interview. I hope it works out for him in Washington.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 12:30 PM

Isn't there a flip side to this? If EB were white, would there have been a wailing clammor from every media outlet every offseason about why he wasn't getting serious consideration for a HC position? Would he have gotten so many interviews without the Rooney rule?

People continually claim that EB's race worked against him, but I'm not so sure. Maybe the pressure from the media and the league regulations did exactly what they were intended to do... get someone a shot they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

It seems like the main things working against EB are personality and professionalism type things and how he relates to players, and questions about how much he was really doing in Andy Reid's offense, not racial factors.

BleedingRed
08-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Isn't there a flip side to this? If EB were white, would there have been a wailing clammor from every media outlet every offseason about why he wasn't getting serious consideration for a HC position? Would he have gotten so many interviews without the Rooney rule?

People continually claim that EB's race worked against him, but I'm not so sure. Maybe the pressure from the media and the league regulations did exactly what they were intended to do... get someone a shot they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

It seems like the main things working against EB are personality and professionalism type things and how he relates to players, and questions about how much he was really doing in Andy Reid's offense, not racial factors.

I think his race did play a factor, but not because he was talking black or anything (what ever that means). But because no one wanted to give Chiefs draft capital (League gives it) to hire someone who might not even be calling the plays.

Mecca
08-08-2023, 12:37 PM
The guy who bought them was the 76ers owner when he said trust the process where they tanked on purpose for like 5 years...would not be surprised if they go that way.

Megatron96
08-08-2023, 12:41 PM
Lol, "he's too intense! i can't be coached by a tough coach!" Have NFL players become a bunch of pussies?

That narrative just seems silly. There's tons of hard-nosed coaches in the NFL. And college. Saban's no daisy either, from what we've all heard.

And btw, when your team has been shite for decades, when you haven't had a winning season since 2015, and meanwhile your new OC has never had a losing record, has won double digit wins every season of his tenure as OC, won his Division every season of his tenure, won his Conference five of the last six seasons, AND won two SBs in the last 4 years, maybe as a player you should realize you don't know shit about winning or winning culture, and just shut the fuck up and do what the man tells you to do.

I mean, I understand that some players would complain after only experiencing whatever low standards they were used to before EB showed up, but EB is going to demand consistent excellence 100% of the time.

You want to win? You want to change the culture and the narrative of your team? If they were smart, they'd get on the Bieniemy train right freaking now and cease with the complaining.

Hoover
08-08-2023, 12:43 PM
Thats a great frisking interview. I'd love that if I was ownership.

BossChief
08-08-2023, 12:43 PM
It’s not just the “demanding coach” aspect. EB takes it a step further than any coach I’ve watched work in person. I’ve watched him directly curse out a player on the practice field multiple times and I’m only there a couple days a year.

He’s a GREAT RB coach, but I never saw him as a good OC.

Kinda reminds me of when Haley got into it with Pollard…lol good times.

KCUnited
08-08-2023, 12:45 PM
Thats a great frisking interview. I'd love that if I was ownership.

I bet he was profiled before being pulled over

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 01:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3BUJwdWMAAtiWj?format=jpg&name=medium

Antonio Gibson is getting big minutes this season

Abba-Dabba
08-08-2023, 01:07 PM

Reading the comments on that stream, it looks like Washington fans are loving the EB vibe.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 01:11 PM
Reading the comments on that stream, it looks like Washington fans are loving the EB vibe.

I'm sure if you have been watching a franchise as pathetic as Washington for a while, someone going Junction Boys on them might sound good to you.

tk13
08-08-2023, 01:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Man there is no other coach that has your back like EB !! Take that coaching and get better we all been through … it’s tough but I promise you it will make you better <a href="https://t.co/Nsvr3c6KFb">https://t.co/Nsvr3c6KFb</a></p>&mdash; Ty Hill (@cheetah) <a href="https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1688966582104428554?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Megatron96
08-08-2023, 01:35 PM
It’s not just the “demanding coach” aspect. EB takes it a step further than any coach I’ve watched work in person. I’ve watched him directly curse out a player on the practice field multiple times and I’m only there a couple days a year.

OH NOES, EB cussed out a player more than once!!! Whatever will that poor child do? Oh wait, he's getting paid millions of dollars. Maybe he should pay for a therapist if his feewlings got hoit . . . .

or maybe he could do the drill correctly. Then maybe he wouldn't get cussed out, and at that point he wouldn't need a therapist.

EDIT: BTW, BC, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm bagging on the players that seem to think they have a right to complain after underperforming for 8 straight seasons.

Abba-Dabba
08-08-2023, 01:43 PM
I'm sure if you have been watching a franchise as pathetic as Washington for a while, someone going Junction Boys on them might sound good to you.

No doubt. I remember 2006-2012 very well.

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 02:27 PM
@paulc6377
3 hours ago
EB will be the Head Coach for Washington 2024. Ron will be moved to GM for the team or retired. Washington Brass cannot let him leave the building.

Washington fans are eating it up.

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2023, 02:50 PM

Beinemy is the only coach where Mahomes had noticable contempt towards on the field and sideline

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 02:56 PM
Beinemy is the only coach where Mahomes had noticable contempt towards on the field and sideline

And its for that reason I couldn't be happier he's gone

But the truth is the skins probably need a ballbuster to come in there and ride their ass... at least until things get turned around

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 03:04 PM
Right. He can let up on them if they get a Mahomes.

In the meantime football is still a contact sport if I'm not mistaken

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 03:11 PM
Right. He can let up on them if they get a Mahomes.

In the meantime football is still a contact sport if I'm not mistaken

Yeah his act wasn't needed here, but it could pay off for perennial cellar dwellers

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
08-08-2023, 03:12 PM
The GOAT has spoken

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I love EB I know he coach different, but I know one thing he can take another level tho. <a href="https://t.co/f5H2XgMvPV">https://t.co/f5H2XgMvPV</a></p>&mdash; Jamaal Charles (@jamaalcharles) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamaalcharles/status/1689001831123312640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 03:13 PM
I mean, sometimes I laugh at wannabe hardass coaches. But it worked in Detroit.

Imagine Bill Parcells or Marty Schottenheimer if a player complained about practice being hard.

Okay let's see how you feel after you run until you puke

dlphg9
08-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Great another thread that the EB haters can jerk off to. From what Antonio Gibson is saying it seems like EB has brought the Andy Reid TC to Washington. I figured it's not him acting like Todd Haley (wtf? I never once have gotten a Todd Haley impression from him), but he is a demanding guy and when you are being made to work your ass off, then some people get a little heated in that moment.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to me that Rivera is being told by the players, but if EB is being a hard ass psychopath on the practice field, then how is Rivera not seeing that in person. If EB is out there screaming at guys are they just taking it and not saying anything back? Rivera is just watching EB berate players and make them cry or he's not noticing it?

I bet it has more to do with conditioning and players are being pussies about it.

chiefzilla1501
08-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Yeah his act wasn't needed here, but it could pay off for perennial cellar dwellers

I think he might have been a good option early on. I think he just overstayed his welcome since the Chiefs were put between a rock and a hard place because they felt they couldnt fire him and other teams wouldn't hire him

dlphg9
08-08-2023, 03:19 PM

Here we go with Tooge and his racist shit. Bringing it out of DC is pretty bold, tho. I wonder if anything's gonna happen to him.

*I'm guessing no

PAChiefsGuy
08-08-2023, 03:20 PM
Bieniemy isn't there to be liked he is there to help them win football games.. let's wait and see how the season plays out before we rush to judgement.

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 03:24 PM
I think he might have been a good option early on. I think he just overstayed his welcome since the Chiefs were put between a rock and a hard place because they felt they couldnt fire him and other teams wouldn't hire him

Thats fair, Mahomes & co just didn't need that hard driving style anymore... they're self motivated, a rah rah ballbreaker wasn't needed

wazu
08-08-2023, 03:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The way things have taken place today, you would think Bieniemy is the head coach</p>&mdash; Jordan (@wshingtontoday) <a href="https://twitter.com/wshingtontoday/status/1688936751396540416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HC_Chief
08-08-2023, 03:26 PM
I am not at all surprised players like Reek and Jamaal are vocally supporting EB. Those guys are already on the next level in large part due to hard work. EB is a hardass. He wants you to bust your ass and give it everything you've got. If he feels like you are slacking, he is going to let you know... and he won't be shy about it, including in front of the whole team.

That will either motivate you, or piss you off to no end. Washington is not a good team... it's no surprise they have a bunch of guys that fall into the latter.

RR played it politically... he neither confirmed nor denied. He didn't throw anyone under the bus; he pointed out EB is an old school, in your face, demanding coach, and some players can hack it and some can't. Some have had experience with the type, and some have not. They are most certainly experiencing it now.

EB's response was excellent.

dtrain
08-08-2023, 03:46 PM
The culture of a team is set by head coach Rivera has allowed the softness and EB has come in bringing an Andy Reid work mentality and some of the players don’t like it. Those are the players the GM starts getting rid of and bringing in tougher minded ones just like the Chiefs. The Chiefs players know training camp is going to be tough but when your are dominating your division, host five straight AFC championships, and won 2 out of 3 superbowls they know it’s worth it.

Otter
08-08-2023, 03:52 PM
I'm going to unveil my slowly but surely turning into an old man here but is there anyone that played organized sports (soccer doesn't count) in the 90's that didn't expect to get your ass chewed out by the coach eventually?

This is what happens when you coddle people for seeing who can whine, complain, and cry the loudest.

Buehler445
08-08-2023, 04:00 PM

I’m not going to disagree with anything here other than he might get consideration for a gig.

Remember Adam Gase got not one but 2 head coaching jobs.

raybec 4
08-08-2023, 04:02 PM
I’m not going to disagree with anything here other than he might get consideration for a gig.

Yeah, but did he ever get fruit thrown at him?

Otter
08-08-2023, 04:04 PM

I'm going to go with the prediction that the culture shock of DC is going to either make or break EB's future career prospects.

Remember when Dorothy told Toto "'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-08-2023, 04:28 PM
Players and former players seem to think Commanders need to toughen up:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Man there is no other coach that has your back like EB !! Take that coaching and get better we all been through … it’s tough but I promise you it will make you better <a href="https://t.co/Nsvr3c6KFb">https://t.co/Nsvr3c6KFb</a></p>&mdash; Ty Hill (@cheetah) <a href="https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1688966582104428554?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I love EB I know he coach different, but I know one thing he can take another level tho. <a href="https://t.co/f5H2XgMvPV">https://t.co/f5H2XgMvPV</a></p>&mdash; Jamaal Charles (@jamaalcharles) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamaalcharles/status/1689001831123312640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kevrunner
08-08-2023, 04:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players during Turner’s Training Camp vs. Bieniemy’s Training Camp <a href="https://t.co/goVnFUl8jK">pic.twitter.com/goVnFUl8jK</a></p>&mdash; Not Robert Griffin (@Pseudo_RGIII) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pseudo_RGIII/status/1688904057094619136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445
08-08-2023, 04:43 PM
Yeah, but did he ever get fruit thrown at him?

Just flies.

https://media.tenor.com/RPgau3bcdssAAAAC/adam-gase-reaction.gif

TwistedChief
08-08-2023, 05:04 PM

Adam Gase didn’t get turned down by three quarters of the league beforehand after having interviews.

srvy
08-08-2023, 05:13 PM
Things in dirty Warshclothington haven't been good in a long time. Seems to me the players shouldn't be spouting off a few weeks into training camp. That's the head coach's job in private with his coaching staff. Mild Mannered Ron needs to handle it not the players in social media.

Chiefspants
08-08-2023, 05:22 PM
My mom is a huge Washington fan (since childhood).

I haven’t seen Washington fans rally behind a non-Gibbs coach like they have with EB since… Shanny, maybe?

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Adam Gase didn’t get turned down by three quarters of the league beforehand after having interviews.

Whats your bottom line man, can EB help turn it around in DC or is he too toxic?

I see it as a somewhat mixed bag, leaning 75% for Bienemy to be given carte blanche for the skins... he's abrasive for a reason right now, because they suck

Meanwhile KC just sails on into a Golden Sunset, win win

Kiimo
08-08-2023, 05:53 PM
I'm going to unveil my slowly but surely turning into an old man here but is there anyone that played organized sports (soccer doesn't count) in the 90's that didn't expect to get your ass chewed out by the coach eventually?

This is what happens when you coddle people for seeing who can whine, complain, and cry the loudest.

lol if we mouthed off in practice we had to run 21 laps around the football field. I never understood why it was 21 laps until I did the math and that gets you over four miles.

Which doesn't sound far, unless you just did a two a day in August in KC.

dlphg9
08-08-2023, 06:27 PM
lol if we mouthed off in practice we had to run 21 laps around the football field. I never understood why it was 21 laps until I did the math and that gets you over four miles.

Which doesn't sound far, unless you just did a two a day in August in KC.

Lmao, I'd never have had a problem, cuz I didn't mouth off.

That being said, id straight up quit lol. No way my fat ass would run that without dying.

One time during two-a-days there was an especially annoying kid and he wasn't very good. Coach got annoyed and told him to just go run laps until he told him to stop. 3/4 through the way of practice someone is like "hey where is dude?" Our coach completely forgot about him and he was still running laps lmao. Idk how many he ended up doing, but he was at least in pretty good shape that he could run that much.

dlphg9
08-08-2023, 06:28 PM
Just flies.

https://media.tenor.com/RPgau3bcdssAAAAC/adam-gase-reaction.gif

Lmao, he's the creepiest motherfucker. Those beedy little eyes and constant look of surprise. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was a serial killer.

TwistedChief
08-08-2023, 06:33 PM
Whats your bottom line man, can EB help turn it around in DC or is he too toxic?

I see it as a somewhat mixed bag, leaning 75% for Bienemy to be given carte blanche for the skins... he's abrasive for a reason right now, because they suck

Meanwhile KC just sails on into a Golden Sunset, win win

I’ve been super skeptical of EB because of the fact that the majority of the league spoke to him and didn’t think he was cut out to be a head coach. But that’s not any major indictment of him because most people in the profession aren’t cut out to have that major role that only 32 people share.

As for a coordinator, I imagine he’s fine when put in the right situation. He obviously had that with the Chiefs and I’m sure he was a net positive/addition to the team. Joining a Commanders organization where the offense is much more of a blank slate is a really tall task. And while some of you read these camp issues as being about the softness of the players, I read it as a guy who is stuck in his own ways, isn’t willing to adjust or adapt, and thinks very highly of his abilities that may or may not translate.

I’m not super optimistic.

RunKC
08-08-2023, 06:44 PM
Lmao, he's the creepiest mother****er. Those beedy little eyes and constant look of surprise. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was a serial killer.

No he's not creepy. It's called a tic. I bet he's done that maybe his whole life

Easy 6
08-08-2023, 06:55 PM
I’ve been super skeptical of EB because of the fact that the majority of the league spoke to him and didn’t think he was cut out to be a head coach. But that’s not any major indictment of him because most people in the profession aren’t cut out to have that major role that only 32 people share.

As for a coordinator, I imagine he’s fine when put in the right situation. He obviously had that with the Chiefs and I’m sure he was a net positive/addition to the team. Joining a Commanders organization where the offense is much more of a blank slate is a really tall task. And while some of you read these camp issues as being about the softness of the players, I read it as a guy who is stuck in his own ways, isn’t willing to adjust or adapt, and thinks very highly of his abilities that may or may not translate.

I’m not super optimistic.

I wouldn't argue that at all, lets see what EB has in his trickbag

Knowing full well that he stole it all from Andy, In Reid We Trust

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 07:00 PM
The proof will be in the pudding as they say. If Washington is much improved on offense EB will and should get credit. Same if it’s a dumpster fire.

No excuses about the team or players.

jettio
08-08-2023, 07:10 PM
I always said the way to tell if EB would be a more successful coach than the assholes on chiefs planet said when he was not given offers to be head coach would be if he learned from Andy Reid on how to run practices and training camp.

That is a big reason Andy Reid assistant coaches are decent head coaches. Learning how to run up tempo practices and make practices effective is a big factor.

On any level of football, the winning team is almost always the team that is in good shape and knows what they are doing because the coach knows how to prepare his team by running good practices.

RealSNR
08-08-2023, 07:15 PM

I remember when people around here missed Todd Haley because he yelled a lot.

Marcellus
08-08-2023, 07:33 PM
I remember when people around here missed Todd Haley because he yelled a lot.

Haley completely changed the course of Derick Johnson’s career and made Bowe pretty damn good.

Other than that…….

RealSNR
08-08-2023, 07:34 PM
I'm not trying to compare EB to Andy Reid, but Reid does manage to have a reputation as a players coach, yet if you hear what the Kelce brothers have to say on their podcast, his training camps are about as brutal and difficult as the CBA will possibly allow. That's what tons of current and former Reid players say.

So clearly it's possible to run hard practices while still getting the buy-in to the team to be quite high. EB is in a small predicament because he's not the head coach, so he's not able to set the standard for all of his players and coaches, and there are guys above him who will receive complaints if he's too different from what they're used to.

I've tried to be positive and pro-EB throughout the years, always trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if his coaching style is exactly what the team needs in Washington, he could probably find a way to inspire the work to be far more self-intrinsic for the players. The players all have to buy in and hold each other accountable, and that's a step that somehow got skipped.

Megatron96
08-08-2023, 07:41 PM
I always said the way to tell if EB would be a more successful coach than the assholes on chiefs planet said when he was not given offers to be head coach would be if he learned from Andy Reid on how to run practices and training camp.

That is a big reason Andy Reid assistant coaches are decent head coaches. Learning how to run up tempo practices and make practices effective is a big factor.

On any level of football, the winning team is almost always the team that is in good shape and knows what they are doing because the coach knows how to prepare his team by running good practices.

Facts. It's the reason the Chiefs operate so well in hurry-up or 2-minute to end a half.

Conversely, it's why Mike McDaniels, genius that he's allegedly supposed to be, turned his team into a clown show at the end of last season. Ditto Mike McCarthy's shitshow failures with DAL for the last two seasons in the playoffs. Both of those supposedly 'great HCs' shat all down their legs in situations that we know Andy practices every single week.

It's why Hackett go himself fired in DEN.

EB on the other hand, doesn't actually know another way to practice or get his team prepared. He's been hardwired by Andy to practice situations; he doesn't know another way.

It's the principal reason I think he'll end up being successful. It's all he knows, and that preparation is going to help his team in tight situations.

ghak99
08-08-2023, 08:58 PM

Eventually??

If you wasn't getting your ass chewed out, or at least getting called out for something you did wrong, on a somewhat regular basis everyone knew you were the lost cause.

Wallcrawler
08-08-2023, 09:50 PM

Not at all. Vermiel ground those soft mother ****ers into the dirt. He worked them until they ****ing collapsed, and then worked them some more. He changed the culture there. They absolutely hated his practices.

As these guys learned what it meant to actually WORK, over time they got their best work in mucg sooner, and Vermiel wasnt needing to run practices sunup to sundown anymore. They won it all by year 3.

Dick didn't care that they were crying about brutal practices. You fell in line and rose to the challenge, or you were gone.

These candy asses in Washington sound like they're just showing up for their checks and a participation trophy, and don't want to be told how to work.

Eleazar
08-08-2023, 10:01 PM
Not at all. Vermiel ground those soft mother ****ers into the dirt. He worked them until they ****ing collapsed, and then worked them some more. He changed the culture there. They absolutely hated his practices.

As these guys learned what it meant to actually WORK, over time they got their best work in mucg sooner, and Vermiel wasnt needing to run practices sunup to sundown anymore. They won it all by year 3.

Dick didn't care that they were crying about brutal practices. You fell in line and rose to the challenge, or you were gone.

These candy asses in Washington sound like they're just showing up for their checks and a participation trophy, and don't want to be told how to work.

Yeah, everyone knows practices were intense. But Vermeil's relationship with the players was not one where he was yelling and screaming and cursing nonstop, was it? They hugged him and said they loved each other and cried with each other and such. That, obviously, is what everyone is talking about.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Players don't like him. It was that way here too. Even Mahomes got in to it with him.

srvy
08-08-2023, 11:20 PM
Yeah, everyone knows practices were intense. But Vermeil's relationship with the players was not one where he was yelling and screaming and cursing nonstop, was it? They hugged him and said they loved each other and cried with each other and such. That, obviously, is what everyone is talking about.

I suspect most head coaches don't play enforcer as he has his assistants for that. Bill B is probably the exception to this. As for Dick V when everyone was crying for Robinsons head on a pike he made the quote something like this " I don't know about defense I hire people that do". I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Your the head coach you should know all aspects of the game.

trndobrd
08-08-2023, 11:39 PM
Am I to understand from the player complaints that the new Offensive Coordinator brought in from the reigning SB Champions to turn around a team that has not had a winning season since 2016 is now actually changing things?

Shocking.

warpaint*
08-09-2023, 02:19 AM
This shouldn’t be in the public forum. Just the latest example of dysfunction in Washington.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-09-2023, 02:44 AM
Watching Quarterback on Netflix was kind of eye-opening for me. They had a whole bunch of Nagy in there, but little-to-no Bieniemy. Either he didn't give them permission to use his audio, or Mahomes and co. don't have a great relationship with the dude and the exchanges were always very transactional and boring.

The only time I've ever seen Mahomes blow his lid towards a coach was in a game. Guess who that coach was.

kysirsoze
08-09-2023, 08:20 AM
When Rivera is fired mid season and EB is named head coach, we should get a fucking comp pick.

Wallcrawler
08-09-2023, 08:24 AM

Intensity of practices is what I'm reading.

It's literal public record that Bieniemy is an asshole. Guess who was a bigger asshole?

2 time Superbowl Champion Tim Coughlin. The guy screamed his ****ing eyes purple at his squad. Famous clip of him screaming:

We lost the gaaaame, because of ILLEGAL PROCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRE!

So just **** right off with these guys and their hurt little feelings because their boss is an asshole.

My Senior Regional is an asshole. I'm not making literal millions of dollars to listen to it like these crying little pussies are.

More championships have been won by assholes and dictatorships than by player coddling hand holding players coaches.

Man up do your job, and if the guy REALLY steps over the line (Matt Patricia's stop sucking this guy's cock out there remark), then you say something.

Say it to HIM first. Don't run and tattle.

These guys are a shit team for a reason. I'm sure the previous guy played cards with em every night and they just loved him.

Dick had Warfield and Bartee, guys who wouldn't make a practice roster on 31 other teams over for dinner. Cried together at the wine tasting. A real love fest.

Worked out awesome didn't it?

Sorry, but "Eric is being mean to me" isn't a complaint I'm going to take seriously.

Where the **** is this team's balls, man? Are we sure football is the right place for them? How long before "I'm getting hit too hard" starts flying around? Lmao.

Pathetic.

IowaHawkeyeChief
08-09-2023, 08:25 AM

Yes, Mike Martz was the enforcer on Offense... He was the yeller... the Bad Cop

Kiimo
08-09-2023, 08:44 AM
This shouldn’t be in the public forum. Just the latest example of dysfunction in Washington.

Funny you mention that

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Commanders&#39; Ron Rivera: &quot;I put my foot in my mouth&quot; with Eric Bieniemy comments<a href="https://t.co/VvIr0vttJW">https://t.co/VvIr0vttJW</a> <a href="https://t.co/HHTTtbBvkN">pic.twitter.com/HHTTtbBvkN</a></p>&mdash; Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1689277459139645441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MMXcalibur
08-09-2023, 09:32 AM
Funny you mention that

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Commanders&#39; Ron Rivera: &quot;I put my foot in my mouth&quot; with Eric Bieniemy comments<a href="https://t.co/VvIr0vttJW">https://t.co/VvIr0vttJW</a> <a href="https://t.co/HHTTtbBvkN">pic.twitter.com/HHTTtbBvkN</a></p>&mdash; Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1689277459139645441?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have that particular fetish.

....just not from Ron Rivera.

displacedinMN
08-09-2023, 09:42 AM
Funny you mention that

First class idiot

BossChief
08-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Rivera got Peter principled into a HC job. He’s a top 5 DC, though.

Megatron96
08-09-2023, 01:53 PM
So a quick perusal of a couple WAS forums reveals a few clarifying points. One, EB is running a textbook Chiefs TC in that there's little to no standing around. He expects players to hustle 100% of the time. This is apparently completely foreign to WAS players. They're getting gassed early, consequently making a lot of mistakes, to which EB responds by getting up their asses.

EB is also trying to install Chiefs culture. So when a player does something dumb, like yesterday when the C got frustrated and threw the ball at one of the DTs after a rep, EB lit the guy up then sent him off the field for a couple reps. Another player got into a shoving match with another player, causing EB to light both of them up. In other words, EB is coaching them to not make stupid emotional mistakes that would cost them flags in a real game.

Basically sounds like a lot of WAS players came into camp pretty soft and expecting that TC would be just as lackadaisical as they've been previously with a lot of standing around and goofing off, and weren't happy when they actually had to come to work.

Overall though, most paid observers seem to be positive about EB's style so far.

ChiefsCountry
08-09-2023, 02:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You will not hear any truth from mainstream media regarding Eric Bieniemy. They&#39;re all too invested in his success to be honest. <br><br>My initial reaction to players complaining about Bieniemy&#39;s intensity: Why is Ron Rivera telling us this? He knows Bieniemy was hired to replace him.…</p>&mdash; Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/1689010610883686400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsCountry
08-09-2023, 02:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I was part of that Kansas City Chiefs championship team, and it was terrible. One of the first things I noticed is how he talks to the players.”<a href="https://t.co/cCziabX1lD">https://t.co/cCziabX1lD</a></p>&mdash; OutKick (@Outkick) <a href="https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1689363417377943560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9
08-09-2023, 02:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I was part of that Kansas City Chiefs championship team, and it was terrible. One of the first things I noticed is how he talks to the players.”<a href="https://t.co/cCziabX1lD">https://t.co/cCziabX1lD</a></p>&mdash; OutKick (@Outkick) <a href="https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1689363417377943560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's a little bitter bitch.

Kiimo
08-09-2023, 02:09 PM
Thank you for posting a Whitlock tweet.

I am out of toilet paper so I'll just print that out to last me until I can get to the store

dlphg9
08-09-2023, 02:12 PM
So a quick perusal of a couple WAS forums reveals a few clarifying points. One, EB is running a textbook Chiefs TC in that there's little to no standing around. He expects players to hustle 100% of the time. This is apparently completely foreign to WAS players. They're getting gassed early, consequently making a lot of mistakes, to which EB responds by getting up their asses.

EB is also trying to install Chiefs culture. So when a player does something dumb, like yesterday when the C got frustrated and threw the ball at one of the DTs after a rep, EB lit the guy up then sent him off the field for a couple reps. Another player got into a shoving match with another player, causing EB to light both of them up. In other words, EB is coaching them to not make stupid emotional mistakes that would cost them flags in a real game.

Basically sounds like a lot of WAS players came into camp pretty soft and expecting that TC would be just as lackadaisical as they've been previously with a lot of standing around and goofing off, and weren't happy when they actually had to come to work.

Overall though, most paid observers seem to be positive about EB's style so far.

100% agree with this as I said yesterday. They're having to work there asses off and so they're getting exhausted and making mistakes, so that leads to people being pissed off and then you get yelled at it pisses you off even more.

It blows my mind that so many Chiefs fans hate him so much and are going to act like him getting onto the players of this shit hole, hasn't won shit in forever franchise, is some huge red flag against him.

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2023, 02:14 PM
Highly doubt EB was hired to replace Rivera. That sounds silly. It seemed to be riveras call and I'm guessing it was to do Andy Reid a huge favor. Given their closeness. Maybe also because it helps to scratch Reid's back when you're on the hot seat. It's also not a bad move for a team desperate to discipline their team immediately.

And EB took the job because it was his only choice and really not a bad one

It seems like a win win for Rivera, the Chiefs, and EB.

poolboy
08-09-2023, 02:28 PM
Rivera knew what he was getting with EB...you want a designated pit bull, you got one
Some head coaches need a hard ass

Strongside
08-09-2023, 02:33 PM
McCoy was barely part of that team more than any of the rest of us were.

srvy
08-09-2023, 02:37 PM
The only time I've ever seen Mahomes blow his lid towards a coach was in a game. Guess who that coach was.

Well he blew his lid to Andy when he refused to leave the field of play to have his ankle evaluated. Andy was just looking out for his athletes welfare. Patrick eventually gave in.

srvy
08-09-2023, 02:39 PM
Funny you mention that

He is an idiot but gets special treatment for what I don't know.

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2023, 02:59 PM
Rivera knew what he was getting with EB...you want a designated pit bull, you got one
Some head coaches need a hard ass

It may not be a bad shtick for a team that needs to get their head out of their ass. So I don't see an issue here. Would imagine after some time the act wears thin. But that's fine since rivera may be on borrowed time anyway

tredadda
08-09-2023, 03:06 PM
He is an idiot but gets special treatment for what I don't know.

He took Carolina to a SB. Going to or winning a SB buys a coach a very long leash and significantly improves the odds of them getting another HC gig.

tredadda
08-09-2023, 03:08 PM
It may not be a bad shtick for a team that needs to get their head out of their ass. So I don't see an issue here. Would imagine after some time the act wears thin. But that's fine since rivera may be on borrowed time anyway

Winning and success cures everything. There is enough talent on that offense that they should not finish in the mid to late 20s range. If they struggle, EB could lose that offense. He got away with it in KC because of Reid who is a players coach, and the fact KC won and won a lot.

dtrain
08-09-2023, 03:31 PM
Antonio Gibson said he’s never worked this hard is in the best shape of his life and can’t wait to get on the field!

dtrain
08-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Great article
https://andscape.com/features/the-washington-commanders-players-arent-ready-for-eric-bieniemy/

srvy
08-09-2023, 04:06 PM
He took Carolina to a SB. Going to or winning a SB buys a coach a very long leash and significantly improves the odds of them getting another HC gig.

Jon Gruden took his team to a SB too, Look at him now.

raybec 4
08-09-2023, 04:31 PM
Rivera didn't call Goodell a fag in writing.

Shields68
08-09-2023, 04:43 PM
Highly doubt EB was hired to replace Rivera. That sounds silly. It seemed to be riveras call and I'm guessing it was to do Andy Reid a huge favor. Given their closeness. Maybe also because it helps to scratch Reid's back when you're on the hot seat. It's also not a bad move for a team desperate to discipline their team immediately.

And EB took the job because it was his only choice and really not a bad one

It seems like a win win for Rivera, the Chiefs, and EB.

Even if he was, everyone was pretty much aware Snyder was on his way out. Pretty much every new ownership group decides to hire their own coaching staff after buying a team. So yeah Ron knows he has a very up hill battle, EB pretty much aware that he is on a 1 year deal unless he impresses a new ownership group.

tredadda
08-09-2023, 05:06 PM

Yeah, not even close to the same. Before his email issues he did get a 10 year $100 million contract. While going to or winning a SB gives a HC a longer leash, there are certain things that will drastically shorten it.

tredadda
08-09-2023, 05:07 PM
Antonio Gibson said he’s never worked this hard is in the best shape of his life and can’t wait to get on the field!

That's the thing. Are the players mad that he yells a lot or that the practice is hard? If it's a practice thing then that says a lot about how much of a change EB is bringing that is most likely needed.

srvy
08-09-2023, 05:09 PM
Rivera didn't call Goodell a bundle of sticks in writing.

So a head coach calls the Commish a name so he is within his rights to unleash severe retribution? Makes since they both act like children anyway.

Kiimo
08-09-2023, 05:14 PM
Won't someone defend Jon Gruden's good name

dlphg9
08-09-2023, 06:47 PM

Claythan already did that, but he can't do that here cuz he's stuck in DC being an incel.

srvy
08-09-2023, 07:45 PM

Not a fan of Jon Gruden but can you explain what he has been convicted of?

wazu
08-09-2023, 07:51 PM

Barely remember, but I believe he was canceled for racism, or at least racial insensitivity of some kind. Put something in email that was leaked by NFL investigation into Washington.

srvy
08-09-2023, 08:11 PM
Barely remember, but I believe he was canceled for racism, or at least racial insensitivity of some kind. Put something in email that was leaked by NFL investigation into Washington.

Ahhh ok kinda remember now.

Stryker
08-09-2023, 08:19 PM
Um, GLAD HE IS GONE! He was a CHIEFS CANCER! Good riddance! Enjoy your new OC Commanders!

trndobrd
08-09-2023, 10:05 PM
McCoy was barely part of that team more than any of the rest of us were.

I had fewer fumbles.

dlphg9
08-09-2023, 10:09 PM
Um, GLAD HE IS GONE! He was a CHIEFS CANCER! Good riddance! Enjoy your new OC Commanders!

"Chiefs cancer" = OC of a team that went hosted the AFCCG 5 straight times, went to 3 Super Bowls, and won 2 of those. Yep real cancer.

Tell me your a tard without telling me your a tard.

dlphg9
08-09-2023, 10:13 PM

I don't care about any of his email shit. He's a shit coach and has always been a shit coach. They gave this dude a show about the best young QBs when the fucking guy has never ever ever developed or even started a young QB. He's Jeff Fisher with a Super Bowl.

kevrunner
08-09-2023, 10:30 PM
"Chiefs cancer" = OC of a team that went hosted the AFCCG 5 straight times, went to 3 Super Bowls, and won 2 of those. Yep real cancer.

I don’t get it either, can’t believe the hate from some of these posts. I think Bieniemy is going to be missed. Mahomes said this after Bieniemy was no longer with the Chiefs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There should be no questions on how great of a man/coach Coach Bienemy is. His leadership has a direct impact on the player/person i am today! 10+ years learning under one of the greatest coaches of all time.. and i cannot wait for him to continue to prove doubters wrong! 💪🏽 <a href="https://t.co/hyCo3Bly9E">https://t.co/hyCo3Bly9E</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1628842540156981248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 23, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ReynardMuldrake
08-09-2023, 10:41 PM

I think he was convicted of being a schmuck in the court of public opinion. He should be up for parole in 20 or 30 news cycles.

PunkinDrublic
08-10-2023, 01:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You will not hear any truth from mainstream media regarding Eric Bieniemy. They&#39;re all too invested in his success to be honest. <br><br>My initial reaction to players complaining about Bieniemy&#39;s intensity: Why is Ron Rivera telling us this? He knows Bieniemy was hired to replace him.…</p>&mdash; Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/1689010610883686400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Step and fetchit Whitlock with his predictable nonsense.

seamonster
08-10-2023, 04:28 AM
Step and fetchit Whitlock with his predictable nonsense.

It's a unique perspective and I can see the value. OC's are supposed to be chess players. They orchestrate the offense. They're not supposed to be out on the field playing Gny. Sgt. Hartman. That's what ****ing position coaches do. Kyle Shannahan is a crybaby bitch and goes off on players frequently (in game) but he wasn't ever out there in training camp in front of the fans wigging out and splitting heads. That's a weird way for an OC to act as far as I'm concerned.

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2023, 05:48 AM
I think we need to grasp that some people can be good and bad. Everything seems to point to bieniemy being good and liked for the chiefs early on, but a tired act towards the end. I tend to think he was great for the team until few years in when he wasn't

dtrain
08-10-2023, 07:04 AM
It's a unique perspective and I can see the value. OC's are supposed to be chess players. They orchestrate the offense. They're not supposed to be out on the field playing Gny. Sgt. Hartman. That's what ****ing position coaches do. Kyle Shannahan is a crybaby bitch and goes off on players frequently (in game) but he wasn't ever out there in training camp in front of the fans wigging out and splitting heads. That's a weird way for an OC to act as far as I'm concerned.

That's changing a losing soft culture!

seamonster
08-10-2023, 07:12 AM
That's changing a losing soft culture!

NFC East has never really been a soft conference. Except for the shannahan experiment The redskins have always been power blocking schemes and violent d-line's. They suck. But they will still **** you up and fold up your running QB (they put Michael Vick out commission). I think their O-Line is shit and they've got high-priced receivers (might be the source of the whining) but they're not a soft team. They beat the shit out of the cowboys and eagles last year. I think part of the problem is they're not really a soft team and there's been problems with players brawling eachother in the locker room (Tim Settle). And when you mix in an abrasive coach in that atmosphere you've got the potential for some non-sanctioned physicality. But Eric's an effective redzone play caller and I want him to succeed. But you won't do that fighting the players and a two-faced coach (Ron). Has to make an adjustment somewhere somehow.

srvy
08-10-2023, 07:17 AM
Rivera didn't call Goodell a fag in writing.So he called him a British cigarette in writing?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Wallcrawler
08-10-2023, 08:01 AM

Hey. They're supposed to tell you without you giving an example of how to do that.

(You're)

jettio
08-10-2023, 08:26 AM

That is what I was thinking. Some players not used to practice tempo moreso than taking exception to how EB speaks to them.

RaidersOftheCellar
08-10-2023, 09:17 AM

No....it was obviously racism!!!

dtrain
08-10-2023, 12:44 PM
NFC East has never really been a soft conference. Except for the shannahan experiment The redskins have always been power blocking schemes and violent d-line's. They suck. But they will still **** you up and fold up your running QB (they put Michael Vick out commission). I think their O-Line is shit and they've got high-priced receivers (might be the source of the whining) but they're not a soft team. They beat the shit out of the cowboys and eagles last year. I think part of the problem is they're not really a soft team and there's been problems with players brawling eachother in the locker room (Tim Settle). And when you mix in an abrasive coach in that atmosphere you've got the potential for some non-sanctioned physicality. But Eric's an effective redzone play caller and I want him to succeed. But you won't do that fighting the players and a two-faced coach (Ron). Has to make an adjustment somewhere somehow.

Not just physical mental is a big part. They could stand around all day then go out and hit someone hard. The mental toughness gets you thru the tough practices and keeps you focused when you are tired to continue to play hard and not make dumb mistakes.

Wallcrawler
08-10-2023, 01:09 PM
I don't care about any of his email shit. He's a shit coach and has always been a shit coach. They gave this dude a show about the best young QBs when the ****ing guy has never ever ever developed or even started a young QB. He's Jeff Fisher with a Super Bowl.

Is this another of your "Tell me you're a tard without telling me you're a tard" examples?

This "Shit coach" took an Oakland Raiders team, built an offense around a career journeyman qb in Rich Gannon, and turned him into an NFL MVP caliber QB. He may have won it under Bill Callahan, but that was Jon Grudens offense built around what Gannon did well.

If not for the tuck rule, it's a great possibility you see a Raiders dynasty take off instead of the Patriots.

Gruden wouldn't have gotten traded to the Buccanneers, and the groundwork he laid for Oakland was simply copied by former OC, now Head Coach Bill Callahan and they went to a Superbowl.

Sadly for Oakland, that "Shit coach" that laid the foundation for them to be there, knew Bill Callahan changed absolutely NOTHING about his former team, and so when this "shit coach" got the Buccanneers over the hump to the superbowl with legendary QB Brad Johnson, he was able to do a very very shitty job as a coach in telling his defense EXACTLY how to destroy Rich Gannon and the Raiders offense. Just terrible coaching, amirite dilphag9?

This "shit coach" utterly destroyed the Raiders in the Superbowl after getting the Bucs over the hump to the big game his first season there.

He's like 9 wins short of 200 wins in the NFL.

wazu
08-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Is this another of your "Tell me you're a tard without telling me you're a tard" examples?

This "Shit coach" took an Oakland Raiders team, built an offense around a career journeyman qb in Rich Gannon, and turned him into an NFL MVP caliber QB. He may have won it under Bill Callahan, but that was Jon Grudens offense built around what Gannon did well.

If not for the tuck rule, it's a great possibility you see a Raiders dynasty take off instead of the Patriots.

Gruden wouldn't have gotten traded to the Buccanneers, and the groundwork he laid for Oakland was simply copied by former OC, now Head Coach Bill Callahan and they went to a Superbowl.

Sadly for Oakland, that "Shit coach" that laid the foundation for them to be there, knew Bill Callahan changed absolutely NOTHING about his former team, and so when this "shit coach" got the Buccanneers over the hump to the superbowl with legendary QB Brad Johnson, he was able to do a very very shitty job as a coach in telling his defense EXACTLY how to destroy Rich Gannon and the Raiders offense. Just terrible coaching, amirite dilphag9?

This "shit coach" utterly destroyed the Raiders in the Superbowl after getting the Bucs over the hump to the big game his first season there.

He's like 9 wins short of 200 wins in the NFL.

All of this is true. Still don't want him anywhere near my football team. His last stop was a clownshow.

DrunkBassGuitar
08-10-2023, 01:48 PM
gruden is a raider and is therefore AIDS

ipso fatso

Kiimo
08-11-2023, 07:57 PM
By the way, it's only against Cleveland but Washington is marching UP AND DOWN the field right now.

Looks like night and day from last year.

wazu
08-11-2023, 07:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Commanders first team offense’s drives:<br><br>drive #1: holding, sack, 3rd &amp; 30<br><br>drive #2: safety <a href="https://t.co/I7g7RbcZuG">pic.twitter.com/I7g7RbcZuG</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1690170303089868800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13
08-11-2023, 08:08 PM
They have seemed to recovered pretty well from that start. They have 200 yards and are averaging about 7 yards a play in the first half.

RealSNR
08-11-2023, 08:12 PM
If Sam Howell looks even half respectable, I’m going to start calling it racism if he doesn’t get a head coach job.

Because I don’t know what the fucking fuck else it could fucking be.

Megatron96
08-11-2023, 08:31 PM
14-2 WAS

DaFace
09-17-2023, 04:57 PM
His offense is ripping the Broncos vaunted D to shreds.

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:03 PM
Somehow DEN's scored 24 points, on what's supposed to be a top-5 type of defense.

Anyway, EB's doing fine, all things considered. That OL is playing a little better than what I thought they were going to do early in the season.

MahomesMagic
09-17-2023, 05:05 PM
If Sam Howell looks even half respectable, I’m going to start calling it racism if he doesn’t get a head coach job.

Because I don’t know what the ****ing **** else it could ****ing be.

Yeah, EB making a case for himself.

Howell should not be this functional.

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:15 PM
Um, WAS TD. 31-24 now.

RealSNR
09-17-2023, 05:17 PM
Um, WAS TD. 31-24 now.

35-24, actually :)

TEX
09-17-2023, 05:21 PM
Way to go EB! POUND DONK!! :clap:

DRM08
09-17-2023, 05:22 PM
EB’s offense looked great today

Bump
09-17-2023, 05:23 PM
ok maybe we underestimated the value of EB because we just don't really know. But he had to go prove it so he can get a headcoaching gig I guess.

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:27 PM
ok maybe we underestimated the value of EB because we just don't really know. But he had to go prove it so he can get a headcoaching gig I guess.

Still not sure he can be a HC. But the questions about whether he's even a OC should be put to bed now. He can run an offense in the NFL.

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2023, 05:30 PM
As I've noted many times, I think we're going to miss his insistence on detail and accountability.

Bump
09-17-2023, 05:41 PM
Still not sure he can be a HC. But the questions about whether he's even a OC should be put to bed now. He can run an offense in the NFL.

I think if Washington continues like this he deserves a shot at least.

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:45 PM
I think if Washington continues like this he deserves a shot at least.

I would tend to agree, but i also know that I'm biased. I like EB, overall.

But almost all of my coaches when I was a kid were hard-asses, so his personality doesn't bother me at all.

I will say though, in pressers, he's way, waaaaaay too talkative. he just won't shut up. He needs to learn to say his piece in 20 words or less, and shut up. He starts talking in circles.

Kiimo
09-17-2023, 05:48 PM
The logic and the mechanisms of how the offense runs are night and day if anyone watched last season.

They look like a professionally coached team now, at least on offense. I had a lot of fantasy players there so the pain of watching how inept they were last season can't be understated.

2-0

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:51 PM
The logic and the mechanisms of how the offense runs are night and day if anyone watched last season.

They look like a professionally coached team now, at least on offense. I had a lot of fantasy players there so the pain of watching how inept they were last season can't be understated.

2-0

This is what I'm saying. Last season WAS looked like they struggled at everything, even just lining up. And they pretty much lived and died on a few miraculous plays.

This season they look like an actual NFL offense. Not playing at a really high level yet (too many mistakes right now), but it's functional.

jerryaldini
09-17-2023, 05:53 PM
Great to see this for EB!

RealSNR
09-17-2023, 05:54 PM
Were you sure about half of these other slapdick moron idiots who have gotten head coach jobs?

So why are they deserving of the opportunity to fail but Bieniemy isn't?

DRM08
09-17-2023, 05:56 PM
As I've noted many times, I think we're going to miss his insistence on detail and accountability.

We’ll see. The Chiefs had their share of sloppy games when he was there. It’s hard to be perfect all the time, and I’m sure his new team will have their share of dogshit games on offense as well.

Megatron96
09-17-2023, 05:57 PM
Were you sure about half of these other slapdick moron idiots who have gotten head coach jobs?

So why are they deserving of the opportunity to fail but Bieniemy isn't?

? Out of left field?

I always said EB deserved as much of a chance as any coach over the last 2-3 years.

My point above, wasn't about whether he deserved a chance, but whether he could actually do the job, which I'm not sure about. But he certainly couldn't do worse than Adam Gase, or some of the other dipsticks that were chosen before EB for a HC job. That's always been my position.

GoForIt
09-17-2023, 06:05 PM
Washington's offense looks legit now. Kudos to Eric.

Do you guys think your slow start on O is at all attributed to Eric leaving?

DRM08
09-17-2023, 06:16 PM

Coincidence. They weren’t exactly perfect when he was in KC. Bad loss to the Colts last year with EB on the sidelines. Some awful games in 2021 with both EB and Tyreek.

BryanBusby
09-17-2023, 07:02 PM

They played 2 dog shit teams. Remains to be seen.

farmerchief
09-17-2023, 07:06 PM

Very possible. Maybe he’s better than I thought he was? Glad you all beat the Broncos!

wazu
09-17-2023, 07:10 PM

The thought has definitely occurred to me.

Bl00dyBizkitz
09-17-2023, 07:10 PM

I think the slow start is more heavily attributed to two new OT's and a new WR room to get used to. But it probably wouldn't hurt to have EB's coaching style right now.

Coochie liquor
09-17-2023, 07:26 PM
Very possible. Maybe he’s better than I thought he was? Glad you all beat the Broncos!

His team is getting exposed without Brady. Just like his coach. He’s not a Skins fan, he’s a Brady cock sucker!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-17-2023, 07:30 PM
That is a baaaaad Denver defense

jettio
09-18-2023, 09:29 AM

I thought it was funny yesterday when the sideline reporter said that Nagy's message when he assembled the offense on the sideline was to tell them to relax and have fun and he would take them all to Chuck E. Cheese after the game for pizza and I Tried My Best trophies.

EB might have prepared the team so they would not need a in game pep talk, but he definitely would have given a different one.

staylor26
09-18-2023, 09:31 AM
I thought it was funny yesterday when the sideline reporter said that Nagy's message when he assembled the offense on the sideline was to tell them to relax and have fun and he would take them all to Chuck E. Cheese after the game for pizza and I Tried My Best trophies.

EB might have prepared the team so they would not need a in game pep talk, but he definitely would have given a different one.

LMAO

You are batshit.

Lzen
09-18-2023, 09:34 AM
They played 2 dog shit teams. Remains to be seen.

I don't know about that. Isn't Denver's defense supposed to be one of the better ones in the league?

Buehler445
09-18-2023, 09:40 AM
I don't know about that. Isn't Denver's defense supposed to be one of the better ones in the league?

Fuck Donk Forever.

jettio
09-18-2023, 09:46 AM

Never trust the gaudy defensive stats of a team that has such a poor offense that the other team does not try its best to score as many points as possible.

2022 Broncos defense was good, but not as good as points allowed per game suggests.

scho63
09-18-2023, 09:50 AM
Denver blew a 21-3 lead at HOME.

EB loves feasting on dead Donkeys.

Coochie liquor
09-18-2023, 09:54 AM
Eric Bienemy Stadium at Pile High!

wachashi
09-18-2023, 10:14 AM
Bieniemy found himself in a fantastic situation. Young QB who looks like the real deal and a defense that's going to keep them in games.

Happy for EB. Hope they keep winning.

Eleazar
09-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Bieniemy found himself in a fantastic situation. Young QB who looks like the real deal and a defense that's going to keep them in games.

Happy for EB. Hope they keep winning.

Well.... he's also found himself in a position where he got to open the season against the Cardinals and the Broncos.

He's got the Bills and the Eagles next.

jettio
09-18-2023, 10:19 AM
LMAO

You are batshit.

Yeah, I forgot the part where Nagy peeled 2 oranges and made sure everyone got a segment before breaking up the pow wow.

seamonster
09-18-2023, 10:24 AM
EB was killing denver with these screen plays. There were times when washington would run a screen play and there was just one dude on that entire side of the field. And at certain points the highly touted Patrick Surtan was getting burned by a receiver with turf toe. It was some embarrassing shit to witness for the AFCW but it looks like EB called a great game.

wachashi
09-18-2023, 10:36 AM
Well.... he's also found himself in a position where he got to open the season against the Cardinals and the Broncos.

He's got the Bills and the Eagles next.

2-0 with a young QB (not named Mahomes, and not coached by Reid) running EB's offense and running it well. That's not nothing.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 10:49 AM

Are you just going to ignore the 2021 season… when the Chiefs offense had many of these same issues with penalties and turnovers because it doesn’t fit your pro-Eric Bieniemy narrative?

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 10:51 AM

Bad defense Denver and a tanking Arizona team last week… but that won’t stop those with a certain agenda to overhype EB.

RealSNR
09-18-2023, 11:03 AM
Bad defense Denver and a tanking Arizona team last week… but that won’t stop those with a certain agenda to overhype EB.

What’s that hidden agenda?

And I could just as well say there is a pocket of members here who will refuse to give the man any credit whatsoever.

BryanBusby
09-18-2023, 11:06 AM

Told everyone all offseason that any gain on Offense would be wiped out by a Defensive decline. The Broncos are vastly overrated on Defense.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 11:10 AM

And I could just as well say there is a pocket of members here who will refuse to give the man any credit whatsoever.

They want EB to be the Rosa Parks of HC prospects.

wachashi
09-18-2023, 11:12 AM

What would the Commanders need to do this year to prove to you that EB is a good NFL offensive coordinator? Go undefeated?

I haven't seen anyone here predict EB would go to Washington and make them an offensive juggernaut.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 11:13 AM
What would the Commanders need to do this year to prove to you that EB is a good NFL offensive coordinator? Go undefeated?

I haven't seen anyone here predict EB would go to Washington and make them an offensive juggernaut.

Finish with a top 5 offense this season in yards and points per game.

wachashi
09-18-2023, 11:15 AM

In any given year, there are only 5 good offensive coordinators in the NFL. Thank you for clarifying your position.

raybec 4
09-18-2023, 11:20 AM

With Sam Howell? He's a fantastic coordinator not a miracle worker. For whatever reason you seem completely intent on hating EB no matter what. Good luck with that.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 11:25 AM
In any given year, there are only 5 good offensive coordinators in the NFL. Thank you for clarifying your position.

And EB isn’t one of them.

penguinz
09-18-2023, 11:28 AM

In two games this season EB has called a much better game on offense than Reid and Naggy.

wachashi
09-18-2023, 11:32 AM

If EB and the Commanders finish with the sixth-best offense in the NFL this year, you would still say EB is not a good OC? That's an absurd standard, but again, thanks for clarifying your position.

I would like to see EB have success. You clearly are hoping he fails.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2023, 11:35 AM
If EB and the Commanders finish with the sixth-best offense in the NFL this year, you would still say EB is not a good OC? That's an absurd standard, but again, thanks for clarifying your position.

I would like to see EB have success. You clearly are hoping he fails.

You want to see EB have success… by lowering the threshold for what success looks like… interesting.

wazu
09-18-2023, 11:36 AM

No, but a few of us are a little pissed that we didn't get draft picks from developing an extremely successful offensive coordinator who should have gotten a head coaching opportunity.

I'm not sure if EB will be a good HC, but I could see it happening. And when we have to see the jokers being hired around the league at the HC position (Gannon, McDaniels), it stings a little more.

jettio
09-18-2023, 12:03 PM
In two games this season EB has called a much better game on offense than Reid and Naggy.

It is not just play calling, it is setting a standard for effort and focus. EB was the voice in the room saying get it right and play hard.

Maybe Nagy is not great at that. Nagy may need Mahomes and Reid and another offensive assistant to be the discipline and effort leader.

jettio
09-18-2023, 12:06 PM
Are you just going to ignore the 2021 season… when the Chiefs offense had many of these same issues with penalties and turnovers because it doesn’t fit your pro-Eric Bieniemy narrative?

Are you just going to ignore that Nagy did not offer snow-cones and ice cream sandwiches during the impromptu sideline meeting yesterday?

It was hot and humid in Jax yesterday.

Megatron96
09-18-2023, 12:23 PM

Lol, so just to be a 'good' OC, EB would have to finish in the top-5.

What, pray tell, would be 'great'? What exactly is the next level to 'great,' or 'elite'?

You pose a pretty unrealistic standard for 'good.'

maybe try again.

BryanBusby
09-18-2023, 12:38 PM
They've played 2 cum dumpsters so far. Settle down just a bit there.

wazu
09-18-2023, 12:40 PM
They've played 2 cum dumpsters so far. Settle down just a bit there.

Okay but Reid and Nagy have Patrick Freaking Mahomes.

BryanBusby
09-18-2023, 12:42 PM
Okay but Reid and Nagy have Patrick Freaking Mahomes.

And what's your point? The entire unit hums along with 2 new tackles, a RB recovering from injury and mostly new wide receivers against 2 probable division leaders? One of those games being in ball soup heat.

RealSNR
09-18-2023, 12:44 PM

That's kind of what I thought.

I'm not sending this thread to DC, so I'll just say that I want EB to succeed in Washington and eventually get a HC job because it's way better for the Chiefs. Teams are going to think twice about passing over Andy Reid assistants for those jobs if EB has success.

Why they did it in the first place is beyond me. They're lunkhead franchises run by incompetent morons who overthink their coaching hires and go with jackass idiots like Arthur Smith, Adam Gase, and numerous others over somebody with nothing but a stellar record and resume as an NFL OC. A guy who has worked under one of the NFL's greatest coaches and greatest teachers.

It absolutely benefits the Chiefs if EB has success as an OC so we can say, "See, jackasses? Try disrespecting our coaching staff again. Keep hiring those new fresh edgey hip up-and-coming assistants like Brandon Staley and Jonathan Gannon! See how far that gets you."

We want to keep our coaching talent churning when you've got a head coach like Andy Reid. And we especially want those damn comp picks.

Now, I've also been defending EB quite a bit from people who inexplicably don't trust Andy Reid to promote and hire qualified coaches to be his coordinators. Honestly, I fail to see how or why EB supporters are the ones with the agenda when you won't even give him credit for taking a disorganized mess with a nobody at QB and getting them to play disciplined football and pride themselves on execution. That's a pretty damn good first step in the first two weeks, and I don't really care who they're playing.

wazu
09-18-2023, 12:49 PM
And what's your point? The entire unit hums along with 2 new tackles, a RB recovering from injury and mostly new wide receivers against 2 probable division leaders? One of those games being in ball soup heat.

My point is what Bieniemy has done so far looks like best-case early returns. I'm sure it won't look as good against great teams, but EB so far has shown he can at least implement his system, build a game plan, and call an offense that wins with a complete noob at QB.

BryanBusby
09-18-2023, 12:51 PM
My point is what Bieniemy has done so far looks like best-case early returns. I'm sure it won't look as good against great teams, but EB so far has shown he can at least build a game plan and call an offense that wins with a complete noob at QB.
With a very limited sample. Just a month ago reports were he was a **** and had no idea what he was doing.

Basically it's early season hot takes that really don't mean anything. Not saying he's shit or a legend. Just that you can't tell in just 2 games in any direction.

Lzen
09-18-2023, 12:52 PM
**** Donk Forever.

I agree. :p

wazu
09-18-2023, 12:55 PM
With a very limited sample. Just a month ago reports were he was a **** and had no idea what he was doing.

Basically it's early season hot takes that really don't mean anything. Not saying he's shit or a legend. Just that you can't tell in just 2 games in any direction.

Don't really disagree with anything here. Have said all along I don't know if EB will be a good "stand alone" offensive coordinator or head coach. I am rooting for him because I do believe he helped us win two championships as well as for the reasons SNR noted above. But right now it's definitely so-far/so-good. If this team is putting up good offense against the Bills and Eagles the hype train is going to pick up a lot of steam.

Lzen
09-18-2023, 12:56 PM

Well, how about this. I want EB to succeed. I truly do wish him the best. I hope he does well and becomes a HC.

At the same time, I think there has been an agenda to pass it off as EB is not getting a HC just because he's black. And that is dumb, dumb, dumb.

BryanBusby
09-18-2023, 01:11 PM
But yeah. I think Bieniemy is the next HC in Washington.