PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ross or Remigio

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 03:26 PM
Which one are you keeping?

Hypothetical: Chiefs keep 7 WR's. Toney/MVS/Moore/Rice are roster locks.

All signs point to Watson and James also making this team. There's your 6.

That leaves one spot for two guys; Ross or Remigio.

So which one are you keeping and why?

New World Order
08-14-2023, 03:27 PM
Can’t you just put one on IR

Danguardace
08-14-2023, 03:27 PM
Both

Mecca
08-14-2023, 03:28 PM
Ugh it sucks they are gonna keep Watson over one of these guys.

ModSocks
Can’t you just put one on IR

In this hypothetical you gotta pick one. Consider the other cut and hope you can PS him.

dirk digler
where is the both option? :D

In58men
08-14-2023, 03:44 PM
Ross, not even debatable.

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 03:48 PM
Gun to my head?

Ross 8 days a week

5'8 185 water bugs are pretty common, guys going 6'4 205 who run sick routes not so much

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2023, 03:48 PM
The poll should be Watson or Remigio

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 03:52 PM
Goddamn, i thought this was going to be a lot closer than it is. LMAO

Abba-Dabba
08-14-2023, 03:52 PM
Ross. Remigio can be protected on the PS.

Jerm
08-14-2023, 03:53 PM
This shouldn’t even be a question….Ross is the best route runner we have and has the highest ceiling in the WR room. Easy choice.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 03:54 PM
Ross. Remigio can be protected on the PS.

I think Ross can be too.

I don't believe 31 teams will be clamoring for Ross.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 03:55 PM
This shouldn’t even be a question….Ross is the best route runner we have and has the highest ceiling in the WR room. Easy choice.

Couldn't disagree more. He's absolutely not the best route runner on the team yet, and the highest ceiling goes to Toney followed by Rice.

mr. tegu
08-14-2023, 03:56 PM
Do we really need another short guy?

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 03:58 PM
I think Ross can be too.

If he keeps it up, they'll be lining up like hogs at the trough

Warpaint69
08-14-2023, 03:58 PM
Couldn't disagree more. He's absolutely not the best route runner on the team yet, and the highest ceiling goes to Toney followed by Rice.
Unless something change in regards to Toney' injury issues, its very unlikely that ceiling is ever met. Talent is there, so far his body isn't holding up. Ross kind of fits the same category, talent is there (while obviously not as twitchy as Toney) its a matter of health in where his career trajectory goes.

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 03:59 PM
Ross, not even debatable.

This.

RealSNR
08-14-2023, 04:00 PM
How many Mahomes offseason camps has Remigio been to? 0.

How many has Ross been to? 2.

That shit makes a difference. Remigio isn't ready. PS him and hope he's still around next offseason. If he is, then cool. If not, whatevs.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:01 PM
Unless something change in regards to Toney' injury issues, its very unlikely that ceiling is ever met. Talent is there, so far his body isn't holding up. Ross kind of fits the same category, talent is there (while obviously not as twitchy as Toney) its a matter of health in where his career trajectory goes.

Ross only had one injury though. The other was corrective surgery for a birth defect. I don't view him as an injury risk player.

But watching all our guys on Sunday and i thought Ross lacked burst and suddeness that the rest of the group had.

I get it, he's 6-4", that's not necessarily his game.

But he looked....kinda how i thought he'd look.

Remigio plays bigger than he is and has some good quickness and speed to him, a knack for attacking the ball in the air and just seems to have that "it" factor.

Abba-Dabba
08-14-2023, 04:01 PM
I think Ross can be too.

You might be right. There are still 2 more games to be played to be either a goat, or toast.

Ross has measurables that Remigio doesn't have and that does mean something. I can easily see a team pick up Ross off waivers then not have him on the game day roster until he picks some of the playbook up.

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:02 PM

Ross is a first round talent, I get his health is a big question for the future but gamble on first round talent vs gamble on late round flier isn’t much of a contest. Also, you can move James into the roster lock category.

ROYC75
08-14-2023, 04:02 PM
Ross, Remigio is an UDFA, plenty of them around. Much easier to hide on the PS.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:03 PM
Ross, Remigio is an UDFA, plenty of them around. Much easier to hide on the PS.

Ross was a UDFA

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:07 PM
Ross was a UDFA

But only because of the health concerns. I know you don’t consider him an injury risk but most of the NFL disagrees with you. Look it up. The guy was considered a first rounder. BTW, me and probably everyone here likes Remigio but it’s taking a flier in a sense either way. I’d roll the dice w first round talent every time.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:07 PM
Fuck it, Detoxing vs All of Chiefsplanet.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="9713357" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.49" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/tarantino-killbill-beatrixkiddo-crazy88s-gif-9713357">Tarantino Killbill GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/tarantino-gifs">Tarantino GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

RealSNR
08-14-2023, 04:08 PM

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="9713357" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.49" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/tarantino-killbill-beatrixkiddo-crazy88s-gif-9713357">Tarantino Killbill GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/tarantino-gifs">Tarantino GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

You seriously in the Remigio camp?

Fucking why lol

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:11 PM
But only because of the health concerns. I know you don’t consider him an injury risk but most of the NFL disagrees with you. Look it up. The guy was considered a first rounder. BTW, me and probably everyone here likes Remigio but it’s taking a flier in a sense either way. I’d roll the dice w first round talent every time.

If he were a true first round talent he woulda gone in the 1st round.

What people thought he may become back in '18 shouldn't weigh on this decision.

Watching the two players on Sunday and i came away impressed (again) with Remigio's talent.

Ross...i mean....nifty footwork. Did a good job finding a soft spot in the zone and boxing out the DB on that TD. But i didn't think he showed as much as Remigio did.

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 04:12 PM

You're getting absolutely CRUSHED, lick the boot!

emaw1979
Toney/MVS/Moore/Rice/James

I hope Ross AND Remigio make it over Watson for 7 WRs.

I fear Watson makes it and they cut both Ross and Remigio just to spite us. Of course, both will get claimed and be stars for someone else.

ModSocks
You seriously in the Remigio camp?

Fucking why lol

Because i think he's so far shown every trait you'd want in an NFL receiver (aside from size).

The Franchise
08-14-2023, 04:13 PM
Remigio has a high chance of making the PS. Ross does not. You keep Ross.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:14 PM
You're getting absolutely CRUSHED, lick the boot!

Wouldn't be the first time i pushed against the popular narrative.

I think it's Ross' reputation and hype carrying him in this poll. They both had strong camps. And i think Remigio showed more than Ross did on Sunday.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:17 PM
Remigio has a high chance of making the PS. Ross does not. You keep Ross.

I think Ross has an equally good chance to make the PS.

What has Ross done so far to make teams salivate at the thought of snagging him and sticking him on their 53?

Kman34
08-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Why do we have to decide today?? Two more games to be played..

DenverChief
08-14-2023, 04:21 PM
Or alternatively cut Bell carry only 3 TEs (Kelce, Grey Bushman) Fortson to IR

8 WRs
Toney
Moore
MVS
Rice
James
Ross
Remigio
Watson

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:21 PM
Typically teams carry 5-6 WR's.

You guys are THAT confident that a team will not only NOT keep their own, but then sign a guy to the back of the roster that doesn't play ST?

Really? Think so, eh? You think he's shown that much?

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:22 PM
Why do we have to decide today?? Two more games to be played..

You're right, it's a bit premature. But a fun thought exercise to have anyway.

ReynardMuldrake
08-14-2023, 04:24 PM
I'm really tempted to say Remigio but I have to see all three games before I vote.

RealSNR
08-14-2023, 04:24 PM

What has Ross done so far to make teams salivate at the thought of snagging him and sticking him on their 53?

From now on, unless a WR is Gehrig Dieter-level untalented, if they show an innate connection with Mahomes, they're worthy.

Mahomes targets Ross. He loves him. Ross is a great catcher and has shown some brilliant route running.

People are still getting hung up on the "doesn't look very fast to me" part of Justyn's game. I'm not saying you're doing that. But by posting that Remigio has shown desirable traits you want in an NFL receiver in response to asking why he's preferred over Ross, you're kind of implying that Ross doesn't have desirable traits.

And that's just false. Ross is a better WR than Remigio at this moment.

RealSNR
08-14-2023, 04:25 PM

You guys are THAT confident that a team will not only NOT keep their own, but then sign a guy to the back of the roster that doesn't play ST?

Ross has been playing special teams in camp, though.

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 04:27 PM

I think it's Ross' reputation and hype carrying him in this poll. They both had strong camps. And i think Remigio showed more than Ross did on Sunday.

And thats why I always got your back

But the fact is he's simply a much better, proven against elite college talent, far more polished player with more potential impact

6'4 205 with good speed running filthy routes, is always gonna be more valuable than a relatively small guy with less refinement... Nikko can't go high point that ball in the endzone

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:28 PM
If he were a true first round talent he woulda gone in the 1st round.

"It's not always that simple"

What people thought he may become back in '18 shouldn't weigh on this decision.

"But it's something that should be factored in."

Watching the two players on Sunday and i came away impressed (again) with Remigio's talent.

"I did as well"

If you did this poll as Option 1 keep Remigio and Ross or Option 2 cut one and keep Watson, I bet the numbers would be as skewered in favor of the Rs. The other thing to remember is that both of these guys are running routes everyday in camp. Ross played in the game earlier than Remigio (therefore in general against better talent). Remigio was running routes with Fryfogle and friends. Now, maybe that changes in the coming weeks and as someone pointed out, we've got a few weeks to see how they do but the coaches are seeing them everyday and right now at least, Ross is higher on the pecking order.

DenverChief
08-14-2023, 04:30 PM

To whom are you referring?

Justyn Played 8 ST snaps and Remigio played 7.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 04:31 PM
Because i think he's so far shown every trait you'd want in an NFL receiver (aside from size).

And 'aside from size' is why I went with Ross.

We have guys that can do what Remigio does. And there are ALWAYS small, quick guys who can run routes in the 3rd day of the draft. My sweet babboo Calvin Austin went in the 4th and vivisects Remigio from a measurables standpoint.

I like Remigio as a cheap lottery ticket over Watson. But if the question is Remigio vs. Ross I'd have to ask myself which of those guys I'd probably find a use for in 2023 and that answer is going to be Ross because the size difference.

And in 2024 and beyond - I'll just find another Remigio. They ain't rare.

KCJake
08-14-2023, 04:31 PM

That's what I was going to say. Isn't Ross basically the 4th wide receiver right now? If you take broke d!ck Toney out of the equation, he's prob 3rd right??

RaidersOftheCellar
08-14-2023, 04:33 PM

Well, he was once on track to be a first round pick, appears to be healthy, had a good camp, and played well in his first NFL preseason game.

I'm pretty sure some teams would be interested.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:33 PM
If you did this poll as Option 1 keep Remigio and Ross or Option 2 cut one and keep Watson, I bet the numbers would be as skewered in favor of the Rs.

Sure, in a perfect world Watson is the odd man out.

But with him getting 1st team reps and Reid saying shit like, "he's important", i think it's unlikely he gets cut.

We're most likely looking at a two guys fighting for one spot here. Hell, there's also the possibility that neither make the team. We're just assuming they'll carry 7 WR's, which would be pretty damn uncommon.

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:34 PM
That's what I was going to say. Isn't Ross basically the 4th wide receiver right now? If you take broke d!ck Toney out of the equation, he's prob 3rd right??

If you take Toney out I would guess it's some combo of MVS/Moore as 1/2 then James (and he could elevate) then it's probably Rice, then Ross.

Simply Red
08-14-2023, 04:35 PM
I guess this is where I am differing in opinion from others on here. I'm not seeing Moore as a lock to be a starter. Not trying to offend any of you, but people act like it's a FOR SURE thing. I don't believe it is, yet. Edit: I'd love to see him break-out this season, to be clear.

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 04:36 PM

8 WRs
Toney
Moore
MVS
Rice
James
Ross
Remigio
Watson

The way things are shaping up, I'm totally good with it

DJ's left nut

MVS/Moore/James would still be ahead of Ross, IMO.

And fellas, Rice looked REAL good Sunday. I'd say Rice is still ahead of Ross as well.

ModSocks
And to be clear, i don't think there's a wrong answer. But i do think the poll should be closer than what it is.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:37 PM
MVS/Moore/James would still be ahead of Ross, IMO.

And fellas, Rice looked REAL good Sunday. I'd say Rice is still ahead of Ross as well.

Rice is def ahead of Ross. No doubt. Just look at how they used him.

Whichever makes it....Ross or Remigio....they're gonna be the last guy on the depth chart.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 04:39 PM
I guess this is where I am differing in opinion from others on here. I'm not seeing Moore as a lock to be a starter. Not trying to offend any of you, but people act like it's a FOR SURE thing. I don't believe it is, yet. Edit: I'd love to see him break-out this season, to be clear.

I think for sure Moore starts the season with the 1st team. If he fails to produce, you can easily see him surrendering reps to James etc.

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:40 PM
I guess this is where I am differing in opinion from others on here. I'm not seeing Moore as a lock to be a starter. Not trying to offend any of you, but people act like it's a FOR SURE thing. I don't believe it is, yet.

It is very hard to label a Chiefs WR as a "starter" beyond how they line up in the game. For instance, the first drive on 9/7 could have MVS and Justin Watson line up on the first snap, and not play again for a quarter. It's part of the genius of Andy Reid and of course, Mahomes. I do think Skyy will play a big role this season. One thing you and I definitely agree on that some seem to not get (maybe they didn't watch any of him last year?) is that Richie James is a roster lock and is going to ball out this year.

Why Not?
08-14-2023, 04:41 PM
And to be clear, i don't think there's a wrong answer. But i do think the poll should be closer than what it is.

Fair. And it's cool that we are this excited about the WR depth in what looked to be a concern a couple months ago.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 04:41 PM
I think for sure Moore starts the season with the 1st team. If he fails to produce, you can easily see him surrendering reps to James etc.

Yup.

If James starts gaining reps, they're gonna come at Moore's expense. James is essentially a developed version of Moore. He may not have quite Moore's upside (though I find that to be VERY arguable) but there's really nothing Moore's ever shown that he does better than James on a football field. And their skill-sets are virtually identical. I believe James is even a little bigger than Moore.

James is absolutely Skyy Moore insurance. And if he proves to be more than that, it will be Moore that feels the snaps hit.

Simply Red
08-14-2023, 05:12 PM
just let me say one thing real quick, I'm pulling for Skyy, definitely. Don't want that to be twisted up.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 05:36 PM

I don't think he's the BEST route runner, but at his size he's quite good.

But I think his ceiling is very high. Whether he can reach it will depend on his ability to stay healthy.

If healthy, he would have been a first round pick, it's agreed by nearly everyone.

Toney has shown no aptitude for staying available every week.

I love the Rice pick, and think he's got a bright future, too.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 05:39 PM

Nah.you take the 6'4", 210 guy that's a plus route runner over the midget any day.

el borracho
08-14-2023, 05:39 PM
The poll should be Watson or Remigio

I admit it's a combover.

Graystoke
08-14-2023, 05:42 PM
I’m waiting till I see more, especially with Remigio

Jewish Rabbi
08-14-2023, 05:44 PM
Ross is literally going to be a first ballot hall of famer why wouldn’t he make the roster

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 05:50 PM
I don't think he's the BEST route runner, but at his size he's quite good.

But I think his ceiling is very high. Whether he can reach it will depend on his ability to stay healthy.

If healthy, he would have been a first round pick, it's agreed by nearly everyone.

Toney has shown no aptitude for staying available every week.

I love the Rice pick, and think he's got a bright future, too.

No he wouldn't have.

1st round picks don't go undrafted due to injury. 2nd and 3rd day picks do.

He wasn't a 1st rounder.

dlphg9
08-14-2023, 06:00 PM
No he wouldn't have.

He wasn't a 1st rounder.

Uh oh, watch out. I've been saying this and getting told that his injury was the most severe in the world and no one has come back from it. Ok that may be a tad hyperbolic, but everyone is so convinced that he was a 1st rounder without the injury.

I said a WR wouldn't go undrafted if teams had him as a 1st round talent. Someone will take a chance on him in the draft if they think they have the talent of a 1st rounder. Hell I've seen people call him a top 10 talent. It's ridiculous.

dlphg9
08-14-2023, 06:01 PM
But I'm going to be extremely annoyed if Watson keeps either of these guys off the roster. He's a prime practice squad guy.

DenverChief
08-14-2023, 06:01 PM

8 WRs
Toney
Moore
MVS
Rice
James
Ross
Remigio
Watson

Let me clarify - with the Toney injury question (can he stay healthy) they carrying 8 is really like 7 - if Toney holds up when Fortson comes back from the IR you can decide to cut and re-sign to the practice squad if deserving any under performing WR

RaidersOftheCellar
08-14-2023, 06:13 PM
Yup.

If James starts gaining reps, they're gonna come at Moore's expense. James is essentially a developed version of Moore. He may not have quite Moore's upside (though I find that to be VERY arguable) but there's really nothing Moore's ever shown that he does better than James on a football field. And their skill-sets are virtually identical. I believe James is even a little bigger than Moore.

James is absolutely Skyy Moore insurance. And if he proves to be more than that, it will be Moore that feels the snaps hit.

Isn't Moore a lot faster?

FringeNC
08-14-2023, 06:23 PM
Ross is making the team. Pete Schrager (after meeting with the Chiefs brass) called Ross one of the breakout WRs in the entire NFL for this year. Didn't call for him to make the team, but *breakout*.

Called Watson last year as a roster lock and legit contributor.

Not saying the guy knows what he is talking about, just saying he's repeating what he heard from probably Veach.

DJay23
08-14-2023, 06:36 PM
I think you're more likely to sneak Remigio onto the PS.

Simply Red
08-14-2023, 06:42 PM
Guess I need to watch more on Remigio - On game day i went to Brazzers dot com (thanks Jewish Rabbi) as soon as Patrick came out of the game.

BWillie
08-14-2023, 07:02 PM

Yes. They will.

Chief Roundup
08-14-2023, 07:39 PM
But I'm going to be extremely annoyed if Watson keeps either of these guys off the roster. He's a prime practice squad guy.

Watson would never make it to the PS.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 07:50 PM
No he wouldn't have.

He wasn't a 1st rounder.

Sure they do, especially when they test mediocre at the combine because they're still running on a broken foot and have barely played.

I read that all but 4 or 5 teams had him off their board entirely because of the spinal fusion.

If he'd put up the numbers he did as a freshman for three years, you bet your ass he'd have been a first rounder after his junior year.

The neck, the foot, and the mediocre combine ( on the still fucked up foot) is plenty of reason to pass on him.

Marcellus
08-14-2023, 07:55 PM

Seriously? One dude is a potential #1 WR the other is a role player.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 07:56 PM
Uh oh, watch out. I've been saying this and getting told that his injury was the most severe in the world and no one has come back from it. Ok that may be a tad hyperbolic, but everyone is so convinced that he was a 1st rounder without the injury.

I said a WR wouldn't go undrafted if teams had him as a 1st round talent. Someone will take a chance on him in the draft if they think they have the talent of a 1st rounder. Hell I've seen people call him a top 10 talent. It's ridiculous.

Man, you can keep saying that, but what do you see?

Nobody has ever played high level football with a congenital spinal fusion that is repaired. I read a detailed article about it. It's a first. Then the broken foot, and the mediocre combine testing on the foot that still was fucked, and it's easy to see why people would pass.

Do you SEE an UDFA type talent?

I don't. I have no idea if he's a star in the making, but he looks like a legit WR talent to me.

ThyKingdomCome15
08-14-2023, 08:02 PM
Ross is a lock bruh

Pitt Gorilla
08-14-2023, 08:07 PM
No he wouldn't have.

He wasn't a 1st rounder.Do they ever fall to the comp. section of the 6th round? How far are those picks from UDFAs?

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 08:09 PM
No he wouldn't have.

He wasn't a 1st rounder.

I think you have a pretty solid football mind, but I don't always agree with you. I think you have a tendency to skew towards skepticism, and that's often the smart take.

But I think you're wrong here.

Easy 6
08-14-2023, 08:12 PM
86-4, can't recall such a one sided poll on any subject LMAO

We'll "injure" Nikko and stash him for later, meanwhile this big fluid route runner is trying to break out

O.city
08-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Sure they do, especially when they test mediocre at the combine because they're still running on a broken foot and have barely played.

I read that all but 4 or 5 teams had him off their board entirely because of the spinal fusion.

If he'd put up the numbers he did as a freshman for three years, you bet your ass he'd have been a first rounder after his junior year.

The neck, the foot, and the mediocre combine ( on the still ****ed up foot) is plenty of reason to pass on him.

Pass on him, sure.

Pass on him all the way to UDFA status?

Nah.

He was probably a fringy 2nd 3rd round guy. And that's ok.

mr. tegu
08-14-2023, 08:29 PM
Just checking to see if Remigio grew six inches yet to make this an actual question?

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 08:39 PM

The neck, the foot, and the mediocre combine ( on the still fucked up foot) is plenty of reason to pass on him.

Name one.

Do they fall a couple rounds? Even 4+? Sure.

But name a guy who was getting 1st round grades who went undrafted due to injury.

I've said this a dozen times but the problem is that y'all cite 'freshman year' Ross as though he developed at all. He didn't. Not a lick. Sophomore year Ross was healthy and didn't put up his Freshman numbers because his freshman numbers were a bit of a mirage (Detox has gone through this, actually).

If you want to point to the guy he was as a freshman - that guy is GONE. It was 4 years ago, that's not coming back. He's not that talent anymore and he wasn't even before any foot issues as a SR. He wasn't a 1st round talent THEN and his healthy sophomore year demonstrates that.

If he has a 100% healthy senior season, he's probably a 3rd round pick.

And that's FINE. Getting a 3rd round caliber prospect as a UDFA is awesome.

But this "He was a first round pick before the injuries!" stuff is just nonsense. No he wasn't. Because the injuries don't explain away a thoroughly average sophomore year. Nor do is there any reason to believe he's a different prospect now than he was as a SR when he started the year healthy and was fairly pedestrian. In 9 games he had 43 catches for 475 yards. That's not a 1st round prospect even had he NOT hurt his foot.

But the size is real. The hands and body control are real. That makes him an NFL caliber prospect that we got for nothing - but there's no rational claim to make that he was a 1st round guy.

O.city
08-14-2023, 08:42 PM
I also wanna chime in and say that I do hate the "he's not a fast in and out of his breaks wr".

We've been thru this before. .......no shit. He's 6'4. Physics just makes it pretty much impossible for him to run routes like Antonio Brown.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 08:47 PM
Do they ever fall to the comp. section of the 6th round? How far are those picks from UDFAs?

Trey Smith wasn't a 1st round talent. He was seen as a 2nd round guy by most; even into the 3rd.

And there's STILL 40 more picks between that and a UDFA. That's most assuredly not nothing.

Look at Derek Stingley - seen as a surefire first round pick and has a lisfranc injury - those are NASTY. We know those are a problem. We've seen a slew of careers derailed by them, especially high-twitch players.

Guy got drafted third overall.

Rob Gronkowski was seen as a likely 1st rounder - misses an entire season with back surgery and part of the next - drafted in the 2nd round. Jason Verrett - 1st round talent and frequently injured in college - still went in the first round. Dominique Easley had TWO ACL reconstructions in college and got drafted in the 1st. Jameson Williams gets cited a lot. Sidney Jones was a 1st rounder then blew out his knee at his pro day - went early 2nd.

Every single year there are at least 1 or 2 guys taken in the 1st or 2nd round with a major injury. But the injury stuff hits mid round talents WAY harder. 1st round talents just don't slide much.

They most assuredly do not go undrafted.

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 08:52 PM
I also wanna chime in and say that I do hate the "he's not a fast in and out of his breaks wr".

We've been thru this before. .......no shit. He's 6'4. Physics just makes it pretty much impossible for him to run routes like Antonio Brown.

Right - he's just not that kind of guy.

And those that are, they're freakin' unicorns. THOSE guys are 1st rounders. Hell, those guys are All Pros and Hall of Famers.

Ross is a larger David Bell sort; a big guy, powerful at the catch point who runs good routes and can use his size to make plays on the ball. David Bell was a 3rd round pick and that's about where Ross would be even healthy.

And had Bell had a lousy platform season exacerbated by a late-season injury and a novel neck surgery, he'd have gone undrafted. Had that happened to Drake London? Nope - he'd be a 2nd rounder at worst.

Chiefshrink
08-14-2023, 08:52 PM

You don't think scouts from the 31 other teams don't remember what a healthy Ross did at Clemson a few years back? You don't think they are watching Chiefs pre-season games to see if he truly is healthy? If Ross just shows he is healthy he is plucked IMMEDIATELY if he doesn't make our 53. Just saying.

RaidersOftheCellar
08-14-2023, 08:57 PM
I don't know how the receiving corps is going to shake out, or which players will have the best numbers, but I'm pretty confident that the people who predicted this would be a shitty WR room are going to look foolish.

O.city
08-14-2023, 09:02 PM
Right - he's just not that kind of guy.

And those that are, they're freakin' unicorns. THOSE guys are 1st rounders. Hell, those guys are All Pros and Hall of Famers.

Ross is a larger David Bell sort; a big guy, powerful at the catch point who runs good routes and can use his size to make plays on the ball. David Bell was a 3rd round pick and that's about where Ross would be even healthy.

And had Bell had a lousy platform season exacerbated by a late-season injury and a novel neck surgery, he'd have gone undrafted. Had that happened to Drake London? Nope - he'd be a 2nd rounder at worst.

Big guys that can run and move are....what Calvin Johnson? Randy Moss?

I mean....yeah, no shit those guys just don't come around often.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 09:19 PM
86-4, can't recall such a one sided poll on any subject LMAO

We'll "injure" Nikko and stash him for later, meanwhile this big fluid route runner is trying to break out

For real. CP record for most lopsided poll ever.

Jewish Rabbi
08-14-2023, 09:22 PM
Guess I need to watch more on Remigio - On game day i went to Brazzers dot com (thanks Jewish Rabbi) as soon as Patrick came out of the game.

Oh FUCK yeah!!!

Chiefshrink
08-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Nah.you take the 6'4", 210 guy that's a plus route runner over the midget any day.

BINGO !! I think Rice in due time will be our acrobatic congestion receiver who catches those tough 3rd down conversions(to your point about comparing him to Dhop) and Ross will be our Randy Moss no one can cover.

ModSocks
08-14-2023, 09:32 PM

Yeah, those guys are ACTUAL sure fire 1st round WR's. Typically, top 10 freaks.

dlphg9
08-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Watson would never make it to the PS.

Why wouldn't Watson make it to the practice squad? Any team could have had him the off-season and no one wanted him. That's why the Chiefs got him for 2 yr/$3.4 mil. Everyone knows who he is and he's not some high ceiling guy. He'd easily make it to the practice squad, because no one else wants him.

dlphg9
08-14-2023, 09:48 PM
You don't think scouts from the 31 other teams don't remember what a healthy Ross did at Clemson a few years back? You don't think they are watching Chiefs pre-season games to see if he truly is healthy? If Ross just shows he is healthy he is plucked IMMEDIATELY if he doesn't make our 53. Just saying.

Literally anyone could have had him through 7 rounds of the draft. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot on him making it through waivers onto the PS, but there is a 100% chance that Justin Watson would make it through to the PS. Those numbers for Ross could change based on these last preseason games.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 09:59 PM
Literally anyone could have had him through 7 rounds of the draft. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot on him making it through waivers onto the PS, but there is a 100% chance that Justin Watson would make it through to the PS. Those numbers for Ross could change based on these last preseason games.

You keep ignoring ALL context.

Literally anyone could have taken a chance on him, with a totally unique reparative surgery, and despite the broken foot, almost two complete seasons lost, and mediocre combine results, sure. But Veach thought there was something there despite all of that, and discovered that his foot was still fucked up. I read -i think it's the Forbes article on Ross- that only 4 teams had him on their board at all due to the neck surgery. So yeah, without all of that, he's probably a first rounder after his junior year because his freshman production would have continued.

You guys are trying way too hard here.

Maybe he doesn't make it, maybe he's just a guy- he missed a LOT of football. Could be.

But what do your eyes tell you? Because I think if you're being honest, you see a big body that moves better and with better body control than most big receivers do. He looks a lot like Higgins, who used to ride the bench behind him, despite being older.

Chris Meck
08-14-2023, 10:05 PM
Name one.

But name a guy who was getting 1st round grades who went undrafted due to injury.

I've said this a dozen times but the problem is that y'all cite 'freshman year' Ross as though he developed at all. He didn't. Not a lick. Sophomore year Ross was healthy and didn't put up his Freshman numbers because his freshman numbers were a bit of a mirage (Detox has gone through this, actually).

If you want to point to the guy he was as a freshman - that guy is GONE. It was 4 years ago, that's not coming back. He's not that talent anymore and he wasn't even before any foot issues as a SR. He wasn't a 1st round talent THEN and his healthy sophomore year demonstrates that.

If he has a 100% healthy senior season, he's probably a 3rd round pick.

And that's FINE. Getting a 3rd round caliber prospect as a UDFA is awesome.

But this "He was a first round pick before the injuries!" stuff is just nonsense. No he wasn't. Because the injuries don't explain away a thoroughly average sophomore year. Nor do is there any reason to believe he's a different prospect now than he was as a SR when he started the year healthy and was fairly pedestrian. In 9 games he had 43 catches for 475 yards. That's not a 1st round prospect even had he NOT hurt his foot.

But the size is real. The hands and body control are real. That makes him an NFL caliber prospect that we got for nothing - but there's no rational claim to make that he was a 1st round guy.

I don't really give a shit at all about an argument about where he might have been drafted. If that's the argument you want to have, it won't be with me. I'm only interested in now and forward. He looks to have real ability, and the size and body control look exceptional. So arguing over whether he might have gone in the first, second or third doesn't really interest me. It's been printed a hundred times, so argue with all the sportswriters.

Ross looks like a real talent we stole for nothing. Yay Veach!

Coogs
08-14-2023, 10:05 PM
This could have easily been a TD for Ross instead of James. I'm guessing Mahomes hits Ross instead of James.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TaWSG47zrs0" title="Richie James catches for a 1-yard Touchdown vs. New Orleans Saints" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 10:11 PM
I don't really give a shit at all about an argument about where he might have been drafted. If that's the argument you want to have, it won't be with me. I'm only interested in now and forward. He looks to have real ability, and the size and body control look exceptional. So arguing over whether he might have gone in the first, second or third doesn't really interest me. It's been printed a hundred times, so argue with all the sportswriters.

Ross looks like a real talent we stole for nothing. Yay Veach!

"I made a statement I don't feel like supporting so stop arguing with me!"

Okay.

BossChief
08-14-2023, 10:26 PM
Watson got 1.4m guaranteed at signing on a 2 year deal for 3.4m.

Crazy they might have to burn that $

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 10:37 PM
Watson got 1.4m guaranteed at signing on a 2 year deal for 3.4m.

Crazy they might have to burn that $

They ate $1.7 million to cut Jermaine Carter last year.

When you get lapped, you get lapped.

Bump
08-14-2023, 10:40 PM
They ate $1.7 million to cut Jermaine Carter last year.

When you get lapped, you get lapped.

oh ya, did that piece of shit ever play in the NFL again?

DJ's left nut
08-14-2023, 10:45 PM
oh ya, did that piece of shit ever play in the NFL again?

Browns picked him up but yeah - didn't amount to much...

saphojunkie
08-14-2023, 11:05 PM

Yes it that hype and reputation are based on past evidence, and that matters.

dlphg9
08-14-2023, 11:20 PM
You keep ignoring ALL context.

Literally anyone could have taken a chance on him, with a totally unique reparative surgery, and despite the broken foot, almost two complete seasons lost, and mediocre combine results, sure. But Veach thought there was something there despite all of that, and discovered that his foot was still ****ed up. I read -i think it's the Forbes article on Ross- that only 4 teams had him on their board at all due to the neck surgery. So yeah, without all of that, he's probably a first rounder after his junior year because his freshman production would have continued.

You guys are trying way too hard here.

Maybe he doesn't make it, maybe he's just a guy- he missed a LOT of football. Could be.

But what do your eyes tell you? Because I think if you're being honest, you see a big body that moves better and with better body control than most big receivers do. He looks a lot like Higgins, who used to ride the bench behind him, despite being older.

I already said I'm on his band wagon, but acting like he for sure would get claimed off waivers and given a 53 man roster spot by another team that could have drafted him is just stupid. I'm saying there is somewhere around a 50% chance of that happening, but if he keeps performing like he did in game 1, then the chances of him getting poached go up.

duncan_idaho
08-15-2023, 02:51 AM
Ross without a second thought, if it comes down to those two.

QB: 2
RB: 4
WR: 7
Ol: 9
TE: 3

K/P/LS: 3

DE: 5
DT: 5
LB: 5
CB: 5
S: 5

Remigio can be PS and promoted if they lose Toney or another Wr for an extended period of time.

UChieffyBugger
08-15-2023, 03:52 AM
It's gonna be interesting to see how the reps are at today's practice. Some in chiefs media are just in sheep mode over Watson saying "he's a lock for the 53" but I expect Ross and Remigio to get better looks in practice and in the next game or two before decisions are made.

1. ROSS

It's obvious the kid has talent. We have to remember that this training camp and Sunday's game have been his first consistent football activities since he left college. So I wouldn't expect to see the best of him until we get into the regular season tbh. But what he has shown is he's a crafty route runner who has good hands. Reid has been looking for a big wideout like this for a while having brought in vets like Benjamin and Gordon in the past and with him having been in the system for a year already I just cannot see them risking him being snatched.

2. REMIGIO

In his college tape it was evident that the kid is extremely shifty and has a nack of finding them holes in the defense. But of course being a UDFA him making the roster was gonna be a longshot. However he's been tearing it up in practice over the past week and what I saw on his college tape revealed itself once again on Sunday. The kid found those holes and his hands were impressive. Folks are saying "finding a Remigio is easy" but if that's the case why hasn't New England found the next Julian Edelman already? Because imo that is Nikko's comp. He finds those spaces just like Kelce does and his catching is elite. To me those are skillets Veach would be crazy to let go.

So in closing both bring two different things to the table. Ross is more physical whilst Nikko is more on the intelligence side imo. To lose either one because of some dumb commitment to Watson would be shameful I think.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 05:31 AM
"I made a statement I don't feel like supporting so stop arguing with me!"

Okay.

No, it's just that it's not supportable from my couch, without being able to call up NFL gm's and ask them all. The only thing I can do to support is list the dozens of articles from SI, Forbes, KC Star, NFL.Com, etc, that all say Ross would have been a first rounder - but you disregard those, so what exactly am I supposed to do about that? And does it even matter? I don't really care if you believe that or not, what matters is what he's doing NOW, and what he may be going forward.

You've arbitrarily disregarded the anecdotal evidence, which is all there is

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 05:33 AM
I already said I'm on his band wagon, but acting like he for sure would get claimed off waivers and given a 53 man roster spot by another team that could have drafted him is just stupid. I'm saying there is somewhere around a 50% chance of that happening, but if he keeps performing like he did in game 1, then the chances of him getting poached go up.

No, there's way too much hype on a national level for him to clear waivers. Some shit team with a WR talent problem would snatch him right up.

Simply Red
08-15-2023, 06:06 AM
Well pretty sure Justyn isn't going anywhere, saw him at Radio Shack 7hwy joining the Free Battery Club, sooo.

In58men
08-15-2023, 06:27 AM
Well pretty sure Justyn isn't going anywhere, saw him at Radio Shack 7hwy joining the Free Battery Club, sooo.

He’s already in a club?

My card is now worth $100. Already profiting.

I’m out here just making money moves!

MahomesMagic
08-15-2023, 06:35 AM
Ross's issue was always the injuries and surgeries.

IF he's healthy it's him easily.

Jerm
08-15-2023, 06:43 AM
Name one.

Dylan Moses a few years back comes to mind immediately…

FringeNC
08-15-2023, 06:44 AM
I'll be really surprised if both Ross and Watson don't make the team. Ross because of the Schrager comments, and Watson because Mahomes trusts him to run the right route and make the correct adjustments when Mahomes goes off script.

Thing is, when comparing our WRs to last year, there is another huge factor there. I think our OTs will be greatly improved, meaning our passing attack will be substantially better than last year. Throw in what I think may be a dramatically better WR corps, and the rest of the NFL better look out.

lcarus
08-15-2023, 06:51 AM
Id love to keep both.

crispystl
08-15-2023, 06:54 AM

Trey Smith is a good example. I believe he was considered 1st rd talent before his blood clot issue and ended up going in the 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgguitarman
08-15-2023, 06:57 AM
Drop Watson. Keep Ross and Remigio.

dirk digler
08-15-2023, 07:06 AM
Here is a mock draft on the Athletic that had Ross going 7th overall.

https://theathletic.com/1776836/2020/04/27/2021-mock-draft-another-receiver-heavy-first-round-with-quarterback-at-no-1/?access_token=2228388&redirected=1

Reading up on Ross his spine was causing him issues his sophomore year and he had numbness in his neck. When he did come back he injured his foot before the season but played on it anyway.

https://sports.yahoo.com/undrafted-former-1st-round-clemson-wr-justyn-ross-signs-with-chiefs-182354874.html

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 07:12 AM

https://theathletic.com/1776836/2020/04/27/2021-mock-draft-another-receiver-heavy-first-round-with-quarterback-at-no-1/?access_token=2228388&redirected=1

Reading up on Ross his spine was causing him issues his sophomore year and he had numbness in his neck. When he did come back he injured his foot before the season but played on it anyway

https://sports.yahoo.com/undrafted-former-1st-round-clemson-wr-justyn-ross-signs-with-chiefs-182354874.html

Yeah, I mean, we can add that to the list, but DJ's digging in. And it doesn't matter anyway.

chiefzilla1501
08-15-2023, 07:18 AM

I think remigio clears waivers. I doubt Ross would.

RunKC
08-15-2023, 07:21 AM
The problem for Remigio IMO is he's 3rd on the depth chart at best for his position behind Toney and James, and Richie looked very good in the game.

I think you give it a shot and see if he clears waivers if it has to be between him and Ross

dirk digler
08-15-2023, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I mean, we can add that to the list, but DJ's digging in. And it doesn't matter anyway.

I wanted to research for myself and does appear he was highly touted. As you said though it doesn't really matter now he has to perform in camp and in the games and so far he has done that.

I like Remigio as well and would love to keep him around somehow.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 07:28 AM
I wanted to research for myself and does appear he was highly touted. As you said though it doesn't really matter now he has to perform in camp and in the games and so far he has done that.

I like Remigio as well and would love to keep him around somehow.

Me too, but I think there's a far better chance of him clearing waivers. And, as it's been said, at his size, he's probably strictly a slot guy, and there's a logjam at that spot on the team.

O.city
08-15-2023, 07:29 AM
I think that Remigio makes a decent case why some were against the Sky Moore pick. Like RB, it's seems to be a fairly easy position to find.

chiefzilla1501
08-15-2023, 07:51 AM
I think that Remigio makes a decent case why some were against the Sky Moore pick. Like RB, it's seems to be a fairly easy position to find.

Yeah, which is why I don’t remigio will have a problem clearing waivers. I’m vocal about wanting WR1 but I do get the purpose of the skyy pick IF he lives up to his promise. If he can use his hands to get separation, he becomes a better version of juju which I think is worth the draft slot. Remains to be seen if he can. Still need a wr1 to step up but this has a place in our new offense

O.city
08-15-2023, 07:55 AM
Yeah, which is why I don’t remigio will have a problem clearing waivers. I’m vocal about wanting WR1 but I do get the purpose of the skyy pick IF he lives up to his promise. If he can use his hands to get separation, he becomes a better version of juju which I think is worth the draft slot. Remains to be seen if he can. Still need a wr1 to step up but this has a place in our new offense

He needs to be more than a slot only type guy IMO.

Otherwise, as we've seen, those guys are pretty easy to find.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 07:57 AM

Skyy is built pretty different than Remigio. He's thicker, stronger, with long arms and freakishly huge hands.

I don't think Skyy is a slot only guy. I think people see he's 5'10" and just assume that, but I think that's a little lazy thinking.

O.city
08-15-2023, 08:02 AM
Skyy is built pretty different than Remigio. He's thicker, stronger, with long arms and freakishly huge hands.

I don't think Skyy is a slot only guy. I think people see he's 5'10" and just assume that, but I think that's a little lazy thinking.

AKA the things that make a guy really good in the slot and MOF?

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 08:05 AM
AKA the things that make a guy really good in the slot and MOF?

or anywhere else on the field?

Other than he's probably not winning too many jump balls, there's nothing that says he can't play anywhere, and they deliberately had him learn all of the spots as a rookie. There are lots of outside WR's that are less than 6'.

Chief Roundup
08-15-2023, 08:23 AM
Why wouldn't Watson make it to the practice squad? Any team could have had him the off-season and no one wanted him. That's why the Chiefs got him for 2 yr/$3.4 mil. Everyone knows who he is and he's not some high ceiling guy. He'd easily make it to the practice squad, because no one else wants him.There were 6 or 7 teams that wanted to sign him. He waited and took less to come back here.

chiefzilla1501
08-15-2023, 08:43 AM
He needs to be more than a slot only type guy IMO.

Otherwise, as we've seen, those guys are pretty easy to find.

I agree that I think his ceiling is a role guy. However I don’t think a guy who can get separation is all that easy to find. If he can play a juju role with much better athleticism that’s worth that level of pick. that’s IF he proves he can get consistent separation.

Lzen
08-15-2023, 08:54 AM
I admit it's a combover.

ROFL

Is that auto changed from something like it used to be? And if so, remind me what it was.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 08:59 AM

Reading up on Ross his spine was causing him issues his sophomore year and he had numbness in his neck. When he did come back he injured his foot before the season but played on it anyway.

Sure, before he also had a bad platform season (hell, that article is before his initial back surgery). And for every fawning draft pick article that says he hurt his foot prior to the season, there's another that says he hurt it in the U-Conn game.

I've given you a half dozen examples of guys that were seen as 1st round picks who went in the 1st or 2nd round - that's not 'digging in'. And when you say all there is is 'anecdotal evidence' - hardly; there's real data out there. That's not anecdotal evidence - its hard information. Both in the form of guys who WERE drafted in the early rounds (i.e. 1st round talents) and those that fell out of the draft or into the 6th/7th rounds (i.e. 2nd day picks like Smith and yes, Ross).

I'm dismissing anecdotal evidence - yes. Is that 'all there is'? Not even a little bit.

Someone noted Dylan Moses and that's a pretty good example actually - he was probably going to be a 1st rounder then he got hurt and went to Alabama. What caused him to drop was the player he was when he came back. His platform season was bad. The flipside of that outcome is someone like Jaylon Smith who's injury was as bad/worse than Moses but he didn't play another season in college at a diminished level. Had he returned to ND and played with the physical limitations he showed at Dallas, he may well have fallen out of the draft - he looked terrible as a rookie.

THAT'S what happened to Ross. He came back from the spine (after a mediocre Soph campaign as well) and then had a completely forgettable senior year. And remember, the combine is more about medicals these days than anything else so if the story NOW is that his bad senior year was because the foot was injured in pre-season - doesn't seem as though that story got any traction at the combine; not enough for any teams to use as much as a 7th on him - Chiefs included.

RealSNR
08-15-2023, 09:02 AM
ROFL

Is that auto changed from something like it used to be? And if so, remind me what it was.

I think it was when people would respond with the one-word post of "this" if they agreed with something quoted above.

Not sure how it gets triggered, though. Maybe you need the capital and the period?

This.

Nope. Can't say.

RealSNR
08-15-2023, 09:03 AM
I think it was when people would respond with the one-word post of "this" if they agreed with something quoted above.

Not sure how it gets triggered, though. Maybe you need the capital and the period?

This.

Nope. Can't say.

This.

Nope, still didn't work.

BleedingRed
08-15-2023, 09:03 AM
Oh Detox,

What a fail, get on the Ross train now before it leaves the station

dirk digler
08-15-2023, 09:06 AM
Problem solved already?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By my view, Chiefs medical team appears to be popping WR Nikko Remigio’s left shoulder back in place. We’ll wait for confirmation after practice.</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1691464665313034240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 09:11 AM
Problem solved already?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By my view, Chiefs medical team appears to be popping WR Nikko Remigio’s left shoulder back in place. We’ll wait for confirmation after practice.</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1691464665313034240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These things do tend to work themselves out a bit.

Though I'd rather have seen them manage to keep him on the 53 throught cuts and then IR him so they could possibly bring him back during the season. A pre-season IR puts him out for the year.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 09:13 AM
Sure, before he also had a bad platform season (hell, that article is before his initial back surgery). And for every fawning draft pick article that says he hurt his foot prior to the season, there's another that says he hurt it in the U-Conn game.

I've given you a half dozen examples of guys that were seen as 1st round picks who went in the 1st or 2nd round - that's not 'digging in'. And when you say all there is is 'anecdotal evidence' - hardly; there's real data out there. That's not anecdotal evidence - its hard information. Both in the form of guys who WERE drafted in the early rounds (i.e. 1st round talents) and those that fell out of the draft or into the 6th/7th rounds (i.e. 2nd day picks like Smith and yes, Ross).

I'm dismissing anecdotal evidence - yes. Is that 'all there is'? Not even a little bit.

Someone noted Dylan Moses and that's a pretty good example actually - he was probably going to be a 1st rounder then he got hurt and went to Alabama. What caused him to drop was the player he was when he came back. His platform season was bad. The flipside of that outcome is someone like Jaylon Smith who's injury was as bad/worse than Moses but he didn't play another season in college at a diminished level. Had he returned to ND and played with the physical limitations he showed at Dallas, he may well have fallen out of the draft - he looked terrible as a rookie.

THAT'S what happened to Ross. He came back from the spine (after a mediocre Soph campaign as well) and then had a completely forgettable senior year. And remember, the combine is more about medicals these days than anything else so if the story NOW is that his bad senior year was because the foot was injured in pre-season - doesn't seem as though that story got any traction at the combine; not enough for any teams to use as much as a 7th on him - Chiefs included.

Ok, so all I or anyone else has ever said is that he was a potential number one pick without the injuries. Here's the Athletic, forecasting exactly that, BEFORE THE INJURIES. So, what the hell are you arguing, exactly? This is a dumb argument, and it's not with me, it's with basically every football news writer on the planet. And other examples are irrelevant, because we're not talking about other players, we're talking about this one specific guy. Each individual is their own case. One does not relate to another.

And it's still completely irrelevant, because all that really matters is that he appears healthy, and we might have gotten a steal.

You want to argue he might've been a #2 or #3, whatever. That's not what anyone covering this story says,so, go talk to the football covering writers of America. I don't care, in this case, if you want to disagree with the rest of the world. My only concern is what happens now.

TLO
08-15-2023, 09:26 AM
Yip used to be auto corrected

RealSNR
08-15-2023, 09:30 AM
It's just not his turn yet.

Still doesn't mean we should keep Watson

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 09:30 AM
Ok, so all I or anyone else has ever said is that he was a potential number one pick without the injuries...

He wasn't draft eligible before the injuries. That's why that argument is just silly.

And as I said earlier, 'before the injuries' isn't even relevant because they have served to make him a lesser player than he was as a freshman.

My argument is that he didn't 'slide because of the injuries' -- he slid because the injuries made him worse. And as a consequence he was not - IS not - a 1st round prospect.

The rest is just some weird speculative nonsense.

"The examples are irrelevant" but the pure speculation of the draft status of a prospect 3 years before he actually entered the draft - by guys who were hyping Jermaine Johnson as a top 5 pick no less and never truly know shit - is???

You can listen to what sportswriters say and take it as gospel if you'd like. I'll look at what NFL football teams actually DO and put stock in that instead. Because they'll get it right a HELL of a lot more often than Mel Kiper does.

RealSNR
08-15-2023, 09:32 AM
I think when chiefs4me was around, she loved doing the stupid unnecessary double comma (,,) so it would autocorrect to "hello commatard on the loose"

ROYC75
08-15-2023, 09:32 AM
I say, I say, Uh, I'll say this, " I'm just so damn glad some of you are not the GM in charge of my favorite NFL team, The Kansas City Chiefs"!

Lzen
08-15-2023, 09:35 AM
This could have easily been a TD for Ross instead of James. I'm guessing Mahomes hits Ross instead of James.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TaWSG47zrs0" title="Richie James catches for a 1-yard Touchdown vs. New Orleans Saints" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like Ross would have been an easier throw.

RunKC
08-15-2023, 09:39 AM
He wasn't draft eligible before the injuries. That's why that argument is just silly.

And as I said earlier, 'before the injuries' isn't even relevant because they have served to make him a lesser player than he was as a freshman.

My argument is that he didn't 'slide because of the injuries' -- he slid because the injuries made him worse. And as a consequence he was not - IS not - a 1st round prospect.

"The examples are irrelevant" but the pure speculation of the draft status of a prospect 3 years before he actually entered the draft - by guys who were hyping Jermaine Johnson as a top 5 pick no less and never truly know shit - is???

You can listen to what sportswriters say and take it as gospel if you'd like. I'll look at what NFL football teams actually DO and put stock in that instead. Because they'll get it right a HELL of a lot more often than Mel Kiper does.

Everybody loves the lottery ticket players, especially when they start showing promise.

We've seen it a hundred times. Bobby Sippio, Albert Wilson, Jody Fortson. Everybody thinks their favorite guy can be an Albert Wilson or Charvarius Ward and break out into a starter.

O.city
08-15-2023, 09:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WR Justyn Ross now headed up the hill in a golf cart. He is in the front of the cart. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefskingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefskingdom</a></p>&mdash; Alex Gold (@AlexGold) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexGold/status/1691473980635381761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 10:32 AM
You assholes cursed him. This is the devil's work!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nikko Remigio, who had an impressive preseason debut Sunday, appeared to sustain a left shoulder &amp; arm injury during the 1-on-1 period.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1691464979621502976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To the IR he goes

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WR Nikko Remigio back to the locker room. Head coach Andy Reid will have an update after practice</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1691469569146138624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Peter Gibbons
08-15-2023, 10:41 AM
I hope we can figure out a way to keep both Romulus and Remus. It would be nice for KC Wolf to have some new friends.

KCUnited
08-15-2023, 10:50 AM
Buh gawd thats Kekoa Crawfords music!

CoMoChief
08-15-2023, 10:54 AM
Keep both, cut one of the TE's.

Chargem
08-15-2023, 11:30 AM
Remigio is just like Daurice Fountain. Won't be an NFL player

Gary Cooper
08-15-2023, 11:40 AM
You need at least one white receiver if you're going to win the Super Bowl.

Kiimo
08-15-2023, 12:06 PM
You need at least one white receiver if you're going to win the Super Bowl.

Kelce and Noah cover this via technicality

BleedingRed
08-15-2023, 12:07 PM
You assholes cursed him. This is the devil's work!

Bro wtf, you posted this thread and both player get hurt? MOD's this young man needs time in the Romper to think about what he did!

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 12:11 PM
Bro wtf, you posted this thread and both player get hurt? MOD's this young man needs time in the Romper to think about what he did!

This wasn't my doing. Someone cursed Remigio and then Karma came back and bit Ross' knee.

Couch-Potato
08-15-2023, 12:34 PM
MVS
James
Toney
Moore
Rice
Ross
Remigio
Watson

BWillie
08-15-2023, 12:49 PM

Probably but maybe

BWillie
08-15-2023, 12:50 PM
MVS
James
Toney
Moore
Rice
Ross
Remigio
Watson

This is the way.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 12:51 PM

Lesser in experience? Absolutely. There's no reason at all for him to be lesser physically, and he doesn't appear to be.

Me? I'll take stock in what Brett Veach does, and what he, Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, and Patrick Mahomes say and do over your opinion, thanks.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 01:10 PM
Lesser in experience? Absolutely. There's no reason at all for him to be lesser physically, and he doesn't appear to be.

Me? I'll take stock in what Brett Veach does, and what he, Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, and Patrick Mahomes say and do over your opinion, thanks.

They didn't draft him.

They drafted Trey Smith.

WTF are you even babbling about at this point?

BossChief
08-15-2023, 01:12 PM
If Ross snd Skyy both breakout…DJ is going to lose his mind.

SAGA45
08-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Looks like it'll be Remigio for the foreseeable future.

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 01:23 PM

JJSS was pedestrian AF last year and still put up 900 yards and had people clamoring to keep his slow, broken ass.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Not when you have magicians scheming you up and throwing you the ball.

So yeah, even if those guys put up numbers, none of that changes the analysis of the player unless said player is doing something special beyond what we've seen before. JJSS was a slow, non-special broke ass before the season and we said that. He produced 900 yards mostly being a non-special, slow broke ass. And then he left KC and has continued to be a broke ass.

And i fully expect most of CP to be unable to decipher that nuance. They couldn't do it with JJSS, and won't do it with anyone else moving forward.

It's always about pretty stats and popular narrative, rarely about what the actual player does well.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 01:26 PM

Oh FFS.

I was saying to let JJSS walk and give Moore the starting job this year last November. And I've said that we got a free 3rd round pick in Ross.

Y'all are just ignoring anything anyone actually says in favor of an argument you WANT to have...

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 01:30 PM
Oh FFS.

I was saying to let JJSS walk and give Moore the starting job this year last November. And I've said that we got a free 3rd round pick in Ross.

Y'all are just ignoring anything anyone actually says in favor of an argument you WANT to have...

And everyone told us Moore was perfect to take Hardman's snaps while we argued he'd ideally take JJSS's.....good times.

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 01:35 PM
I was pretty damn alone in liking Trey Palmer a ton in the draft too. I was mocked for suggesting he's every bit as good as Hyatt and maybe better. Early returns are suggesting ol' Detoxing may have been on to something, because they've been loving him in TB since OTA's and it's continued into PS WK1.

So Joe’s eyes popped today when Todd Bowles came very close to calling rookie sixth-round pick receiver Trey Palmer a steal.

“He got overlooked [in the draft] and I’m glad we got him,” Bowles said of the Nebraska speedster.

Palmer caught all four balls sent his way in Friday’s preseason opener, and he looked confident on a variety of routes. Of course, the highlight was his TD catch in the back of the end zone and A-list footwork to stay inbounds.

TAMPA ― His elevating, Spider-Man-like snag of a pass from Baker Mayfield was one thing. The tightrope, toe-tapping of his feet in the back of the end zone for a touchdown was something else.

Trey Palmer didn’t think much of his catch in Friday’s 27-17 preseason loss to the Steelers, which may not have imploded the internet but certainly got the attention of the man in charge of his future.

“The biggest thing was he flashed in the game,” Bucs coach Todd Bowles said of Palmer, the rookie from Nebraska via LSU. “You can flash in practice, because you can’t touch most of the guys and they’re running free in practice. But he flashed in the game, and he flashed not just on offense but on special teams as well, and that gave me a lot of confidence to look at him more, and he’s a guy who is very noticeable right now.”

threebag
08-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Are they both going to IR?

RealSNR
08-15-2023, 02:17 PM
Doubt it.

If Ross has the chance of coming back early in the season (Weeks 1-3ish) I think he's good enough to keep around on the 53.

I have no clue what it takes to recover from a shoulder separation, but Remigio has more time to fuck around on IR, so he's more likely to go there I think.

Ross will have had two seasons in a row on IR. The Chiefs want to get him playing so they know what he is. Otherwise we're going to be in this same position next year with a bit of a logjam at WR.

UChieffyBugger
08-15-2023, 02:26 PM

Nonsense.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 03:19 PM
They didn't draft him.

They drafted Trey Smith.

WTF are you even babbling about at this point?

WTF are you even babbling about?

Consensus is that he was going to be a first round talent before the injuries. You keep insisting that's not the case, and I don't even give a shit. You're the only person saying that, so have fun with that. He's not lesser now, if he's healthy, he's missed a lot of football, but we don't know whether that's a problem or not. Seems to be doing fine so far. Root against him just to be an asshole, I don't care.

I'm interested in now, and the near future. I think it looks pretty good, and I really don't give a shit if you do or not.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2023, 04:23 PM
WTF are you even babbling about?

Consensus is that he was going to be a first round talent before the injuries. You keep insisting that's not the case, and I don't even give a shit. You're the only person saying that, so have fun with that. He's not lesser now, if he's healthy, he's missed a lot of football, but we don't know whether that's a problem or not. Seems to be doing fine so far. Root against him just to be an asshole, I don't care.

I'm interested in now, and the near future. I think it looks pretty good, and I really don't give a shit if you do or not.

He has a fused spine and a foot injury that required surgery and your position is that this has had NO impact on him and he's presently every bit as physically capable as he was as a freshman.

And that Veach, in his brilliance, knew this was likely to be the case and elected not to use a 7th round selection on him but instead went into the market and bid for him.

Well sure - both of those things make a great deal of sense.

Who's rooting against him? Christ alive - pay attention. I'm not at all.

I'm saying that there's ZERO chance that Veach felt he was still capable of being a 1st round talent (and I don't believe he is even this very second) when he let him go undrafted. None whatsoever. Because we've seen them take a guy like Trey Smith with a serious medical issue in his own right in the 6th round.

"The now" is that he's STILL not a 1st round caliber player.

You seem to respond a lot for 'not caring' though, as you have noted repeatedly throughout this thread. Perhaps it's the loudly declared ambivalence that has you looking right past how teams treat elite talents with injury questions.

Which SHOULD tell you that Ross isn't an elite talent. But he can still be a high quality NFL player.

But please - do tell me more about how much more faith you put in Veach than me, given that Veach...y'know...didn't actually draft him and what not.

Easy 6
08-15-2023, 05:02 PM
144 - 9

OOOOF

You will contemplate your misdeeds on the Tree of Woe

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/91Zo8OdHpRw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kiimo
08-15-2023, 05:10 PM
Technically he as an UN-fused spine.

ModSocks
08-15-2023, 05:11 PM
144 - 9

OOOOF

You will contemplate your misdeeds on the Tree of Woe

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/91Zo8OdHpRw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Either that or all of Chiefsplanet will be horribly wrong and only I and a few misfits will be left standing....

KCJake
08-15-2023, 05:16 PM
Just seen both these guys got carted off the field today. Is that accurate ??

UChieffyBugger
08-15-2023, 05:39 PM

Just read that it usually takes up to 12 to 16 weeks to heal from a dislocated shoulder so it looks like we might have gotten lucky with Remigio and can put him on IR. Ross sounds like a minor injury so hopefully he'll be good to go soon.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 06:09 PM
He has a fused spine and a foot injury that required surgery and your position is that this has had NO impact on him and he's presently every bit as physically capable as he was as a freshman.

And that Veach, in his brilliance, knew this was likely to be the case and elected not to use a 7th round selection on him but instead went into the market and bid for him.

Well sure - both of those things make a great deal of sense.

Who's rooting against him? Christ alive - pay attention. I'm not at all.

I'm saying that there's ZERO chance that Veach felt he was still capable of being a 1st round talent (and I don't believe he is even this very second) when he let him go undrafted. None whatsoever. Because we've seen them take a guy like Trey Smith with a serious medical issue in his own right in the 6th round.

"The now" is that he's STILL not a 1st round caliber player.

You seem to respond a lot for 'not caring' though, as you have noted repeatedly throughout this thread. Perhaps it's the loudly declared ambivalence that has you looking right past how teams treat elite talents with injury questions.

Which SHOULD tell you that Ross isn't an elite talent. But he can still be a high quality NFL player.

But please - do tell me more about how much more faith you put in Veach than me, given that Veach...y'know...didn't actually draft him and what not.

Good gods man. What is wrong with you? You can read, right? Is it just comprehension issues?

Why don't you write a few dozen more paragraphs mischaracterizing everything that anyone -and specifically me has said. And throw a busload of hyperbole in while you're at it. Old man yells at clouds, indeed!

I've answered you, because you have responded directly to me and are hellbent on a stupid argument and mischaracterizing my position. Are you mental?

Every piece written on Ross mentions that until the neck situation became known, he was considered a first round pick. Athletic had him at #7 overall. Why do you want to argue that? You look stupid.

Nobody is saying the injuries didn't happen. Nobody is saying it didn't affect his status. He played on a busted foot and his production went down. Shocking! And tested on a still busted foot and didn't test so hot. THAT, all of that, is why he was undrafted. I've never said anything different. Nobody has! And yet, you argue around in circles.

You've shifted from - he was never going to be a first rounder, to he didn't develop, to maybe before the injuries, but certainly not after ( well no shit, man, ya think? Brilliant! )And now, he's not physically the same - because you say so. He red-shirted last season after fixing the foot and healing properly. The neck has been repaired. You, and only you insist that somehow your gigantic brain has determined correctly that Ross HAS to be lesser physically than...than what? Before discovering that he was born with two fused vertebrae? Because he played with that, and looked like... well, a future first round pick. That situation has been repaired, by the way. Or do you mean before the broken foot? Because that is now repaired as well - and wasn't right since his senior year of college. So he tested meh at the combine- on a broken foot. Nobody knew it was still ****ed up. So yeah nobody drafted him. They didn't take another look until OTA's last year. And look! That foot is still ****ed up! Let's fix that and try again in '23.

Looks like he moves just fine on it to me, but you do you!

You're often a pretty knowledgeable football mind. I've picked up more than a few things from your observations over the years, but your determination to die on this hill ( well, one your many positions on this hill- the only constant is your negative Nancy-ness, you've had a few positions under that banner) is mind boggling. Or mind bottling, as this is Chiefsplanet, after all.

Now, go choke on an Aids-fire tree drenched in anti-freeze! Or.. something.

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 06:12 PM
Technically he as an UN-fused spine.

Yeah DJ has it backwards.

jjchieffan
08-15-2023, 06:17 PM
So, I guess that Matt Derrick is saying that the injury to Remigio is likely to land him on IR. I guess that isn't the worst news. Stash him away until next season. James and Watson are on 1 year deals and MVS could possibly be a cut candidate in the final year of his contract. Should be more room on the roster for him next year.

In58men
08-15-2023, 06:32 PM
So, I guess that Matt Derrick is saying that the injury to Remigio is likely to land him on IR. I guess that isn't the worst news. Stash him away until next season. James and Watson are on 1 year deals and MVS could possibly be a cut candidate in the final year of his contract. Should be more room on the roster for him next year.

This is why we should trade Chris Jones to Chicago for some draft capital. Move up and draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

Rice and Harrison would be wild

Stryker
08-15-2023, 08:04 PM
Oh my, look what just happened to Ross. Enjoy the TD against the Saints! Your season contribution! Ross is not going to last the entire season - Remigio will - end of thread!

Chris Meck
08-15-2023, 08:07 PM
Oh my, look what just happened to Ross. Enjoy the TD against the Saints! Your season contribution! Ross is not going to last the entire season - Remigio will - end of thread!

It's not supposed to be a big problem.

O.city
08-16-2023, 08:50 AM
Ross would be a real nice fit outside here. It’s a real need and he would be a big addition just being a good solid wr. We don’t have have to have elite

-King-
08-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Ross would be a real nice fit outside here. It’s a real need and he would be a big addition just being a good solid wr. We don’t have have to have elite

Dream scenario would be Ross and Rice on the outside, Moore/James slot with MVS and Toney coming in for their specialized roles.

O.city
08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Dream scenario would be Ross and Rice on the outside, Moore/James slot with MVS and Toney coming in for their specialized roles.

If we’re going dreaming it’s that Toney stays healthy and becomes an elite #1 and what you said happens there

-King-
08-16-2023, 09:15 AM
If we’re going dreaming it’s that Toney stays healthy and becomes an elite #1 and what you said happens there

I mean there's dreams and there's pure hallucinations...

CasselGotPeedOn
08-16-2023, 09:28 AM

Good call dumbass.

Kiimo
08-16-2023, 12:01 PM

All the trash picked up in the Mississippi river drains down to the swamp and then they built buildings on the filth and called it New Orleans.