PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 8/17/23 Daily Training Camp Thread

Buehler445
08-17-2023, 02:53 AM
Let’s do this

Darien25
08-17-2023, 03:00 AM
Let’s do this

10-4 good buddy, lets get this big red train rolling...

Rainbarrel
08-17-2023, 04:19 AM
Oh my

BWillie
08-17-2023, 05:28 AM
When do they leave St Joe?

Simply Red
08-17-2023, 05:33 AM
Good morning.

Skyy God
08-17-2023, 05:39 AM
When do they leave St Joe?

Today is the last day of camp.

Chris Jones has now accumulated (I think) $1.7M in non-waveable fines.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2023, 05:46 AM
In for no more injuries.

In58men
08-17-2023, 06:19 AM
Today is the last day of camp.

Chris Jones has now accumulated (I think) $1.7M in non-waveable fines.

The team will pay it for him.

Sign the contract and we’ll pay the fees.

Chief Roundup
08-17-2023, 06:44 AM

That is not allowed.

Chief Roundup
08-17-2023, 06:47 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another step closer to opening night at Arrowhead: the Chiefs shut down training camp today.</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1692147277958086699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FlaChief58
08-17-2023, 07:14 AM
Hi, I just came here because I like the Kansas City Chiefs

Rasputin
08-17-2023, 07:17 AM
Hi, I just came here because I like the Kansas City Chiefs

You and me both brother

Kiimo
08-17-2023, 07:39 AM
Looking forward to Justyn Ross slowly meandering through the secondary with defensive backs circling him like sheep dogs, creating no separation and poorly catching touchdown passes out of pure luck again and again

BWillie
08-17-2023, 07:40 AM

Chiefs don't have to do anything IMO. Whats he gonna do sit out the whole year and forfeit 21M?

Chris Jones has to come down to the Chiefs number. The Chiefs don't have to come up to his number. Jones has absolutely no leverage.

Easy 6
08-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Looking forward to Justyn Ross slowly meandering through the secondary with defensive backs circling him like sheep dogs, creating no separation and poorly catching touchdown passes out of pure luck again and again

At this rate he'll be lucky to even make the practice squad :(

Simply Red
08-17-2023, 07:48 AM

I don't get it, what did I miss?

Simply Red
08-17-2023, 07:51 AM
what happened to Justyn?

Marcellus
08-17-2023, 07:53 AM

Teams can only do that for players after their first contract, fines cannot be waved on 2nd contract hold outs. And just adding money to the deal is real money, not the same as waiving the fine so its real $ impact for either the team or the player.

Another reason the holdout is stupid.

KCUnited
08-17-2023, 08:02 AM
what happened to Justyn?

Inmem's lady got pregnant with triplets just by looking at his autograph after the routes he ran in practice yesterday

Dunerdr
08-17-2023, 08:03 AM
I can’t wait until the Chiefs play again!

O.city
08-17-2023, 08:06 AM
Teams can only do that for players after their first contract, fines cannot be waved on 2nd contract hold outs. And just adding money to the deal is real money, not the same as waiving the fine so its real $ impact for either the team or the player.

Another reason the holdout is stupid.

They could include the amount in the next contract that he's been fined.

Marcellus
08-17-2023, 08:29 AM
They could include the amount in the next contract that he's been fined.

And that cost actual $, read the post again.

RaidersOftheCellar
08-17-2023, 08:30 AM
Chiefs don't have to do anything IMO. Whats he gonna do sit out the whole year and forfeit 21M?

Chris Jones has to come down to the Chiefs number. The Chiefs don't have to come up to his number. Jones has absolutely no leverage.

He said he’ll never play for another team. He didn’t say “I’ll never play for another team unless my current team won’t pay me $30+ mil/yr.”

We’ll find out if he’s a man of his word. Lazy bastard probably just wanted to skip training camp.

O.city
08-17-2023, 08:33 AM
And that cost actual $, read the post again.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Would essentially be the same thing.

Mecca
08-17-2023, 08:33 AM
He said he’ll never play for another team. He didn’t say “I’ll never play for another team unless my current team won’t pay me $30+ mil/yr.”

We’ll find out if he’s a man of his word. Lazy bastard probably just wanted to skip training camp.

Guys say lots of things that are negotiation tactics or that they don't really mean.

Marcellus
08-17-2023, 09:07 AM
Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Would essentially be the same thing.

The fines Jones has incurred do not give cap relief and the money added on to the next contract to counter the fines would count against the cap during his new contract because assuming he actually want to recoup the $ it will have to be on the front end.

In an end of 1st contract hold out scenario the team waives the fines and its like it never happened so no down the road cap impact.

So no its not the same.

O.city
08-17-2023, 09:09 AM
The fines Jones has incurred do not give cap relief and the money added on to the next contract to counter the fines would count against the cap during his new contract because assuming he actually want to recoup the $ it will have to be on the front end.

In an end of 1st contract hold out scenario the team waives the fines and its like it never happened so no down the road cap impact.

So no its not the same.

I understand what you mean and are saying here, yes.

But they can add the amount fined in the next deal to smooth things out if they'd like. It would essentially be a good will act by the team

Zebedee DuBois
08-17-2023, 09:16 AM

So no its not the same.

I submit that if you were looking at this situation from Proxima b, a planet circling Proxima Centauri (one of the three Alpha Centauri stars), it looks EXACTLY the same

penguinz
08-17-2023, 10:00 AM
I understand what you mean and are saying here, yes.

But they can add the amount fined in the next deal to smooth things out if they'd like. It would essentially be a good will act by the team

So you want the Chiefs to punish themselves for Jones sitting out?

Dunerdr
08-17-2023, 10:12 AM
Waiting for that CJ extension

PHOG
08-17-2023, 10:27 AM
Ok, they're ending training camp today, and the next scheduled thing will be the Cardinals preseason game @ Arizona? No thanks, everyone just take the weekend off, nothing to gain by putting our players on THAT turf again.

ptlyon
08-17-2023, 10:31 AM
Definitely no field goal attempts

Dunerdr
08-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Ok, they're ending training camp today, and the next scheduled thing will be the Cardinals preseason game @ Arizona? No thanks, everyone just take the weekend off, nothing to gain by putting our players on THAT turf again.

What would the eagles do?

PHOG
08-17-2023, 10:48 AM
What would the eagles do?

You mean after drying their tears? LMAO

I have no idea.

Kiimo
08-17-2023, 11:36 AM

kozzman555 downvoted this so everyone point at kozzman555 because he clearly hates Justyn Ross.

(or doesn't understand sarcasm)

dlphg9
08-17-2023, 11:47 AM

I have never heard anyone call Chris Jones lazy. It's the opposite. People talk about his work ethic. You think he'd be one of the favorites and leaders in the locker room if he was lazy. He's one of the best defensive players in the entire league and you think he got to that point by being lazy?

ptlyon
08-17-2023, 11:50 AM
So, I take it was a closed practice today?

DJ's left nut
08-17-2023, 11:51 AM
The only important news today:

The Athletic pulled the plug on the Times Ours podcast. Got rid of independent contractors so Seth and Josh are out. Nate folded it.

Sounds like they'll try to pull it together somewhere else but still - fuuuuuuuuck. Those guys are great together.

Kiimo
08-17-2023, 11:55 AM
Rick James dominated in practice apparently, that seems important to me

Dunerdr
08-17-2023, 11:56 AM

The Athletic pulled the plug on the Times Ours podcast. Got rid of independent contractors so Seth and Josh are out. Nate folded it.

Sounds like they'll try to pull it together somewhere else but still - fuuuuuuuuck. Those guys are great together.

So Nate’s still with the athletic? Sucks to hear. Probably my favorite podcast.

Hydrae
08-17-2023, 12:04 PM

****ing NY Times! :cuss:

Subscription cancelled.

I was already leaning that way. I follow 3 teams: Chiefs, Blazers, DBacks. Nate is the only writer for any of those teams.

During the hot start and then dramatic crash recently for the DBacks, nothing.

Dame wants a trade all summer, nothing on the Athletic directly from anyone involved and certainly nothing with a local perspective.

The site has certainly declined a lot in the last year since they were acquired. It is sad but this is part of what corporate America does.

O.city
08-17-2023, 12:05 PM

Man......I just can't listen to it.

I'm in the minority.

Hydrae
08-17-2023, 12:11 PM
So, I take it was a closed practice today?

I thought it was supposed to be open to the public. :shrug:

Dunerdr
08-17-2023, 12:15 PM

I'm in the minority.

It gets cringey sometimes I get it. And Nate’s inside info has been off a lot of times. But over all I like them.

JPH83
08-17-2023, 01:43 PM
kozzman555 downvoted this so everyone point at kozzman555 because he clearly hates Justyn Ross.

(or doesn't understand sarcasm)

I've been trying to work out who downvotes to start petty grievances. How do you find this out ffs?!

penguinz
08-17-2023, 01:46 PM
I've been trying to work out who downvotes to start petty grievances. How do you find this out ffs?!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/profile.php?do=helpfulans

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2023, 10:31 PM

What's the deal with MarkDavisHaircut downvoting so much stuff?

Kiimo
08-17-2023, 10:32 PM
Easy answer is Raiders Fan

smithandrew051
08-17-2023, 11:46 PM
****ing NY Times! :cuss:

Subscription cancelled.

I was already leaning that way. I follow 3 teams: Chiefs, Blazers, DBacks. Nate is the only writer for any of those teams.

During the hot start and then dramatic crash recently for the DBacks, nothing.

Dame wants a trade all summer, nothing on the Athletic directly from anyone involved and certainly nothing with a local perspective.

The site has certainly declined a lot in the last year since they were acquired. It is sad but this is part of what corporate America does.

How did you end up with those as your teams? That’s an odd combo.

Hydrae
08-18-2023, 03:08 AM
How did you end up with those as your teams? That’s an odd combo.

I have lived all over the country. Graduated high school in the Portland area and the Blazers were the only team in town. That was back in the Drexel vs Jordan years. So much fun but not the first I learned of following losing franchises. The first sports team I followed was the Cubs after we moved to Chicago when I was a small kid. Then we moved to Boston. My mom loved those losers until the end but at least she got to see them both win championships before her death.

I somewhat followed the Seahawks while living in the Northwest but was not big into football. In 1990 I wound up in Columbia. Missouri and started watching the Chiefs. The 90's were some fun if frustrating years.

A couple years later I was in Flagstaff, Az. I tried to be a fan of the newly moved Cardinals (Jake Plummer!) but that was near impossible and I kept my fandom of the Chiefs. Then the DBacks got started and won the World Series against the Yankees. That was an amazing series.

I have been in the Austin area for 24 years now. My wife keeps telling me that I should be a Cowboys fan since we moved here. No way in hell!

So, until Mahomes I have experienced one of my teams winning a championship one time. I will revel in this period of time for as long as it (or I) last!

RealSNR
08-18-2023, 04:40 AM
What's the deal with MarkDavisHaircut downvoting so much stuff?

He doesn't understand what it's meant for and upvotes/downvotes shit based on whether he agrees with the post or not.

nychief
08-18-2023, 05:09 AM

I'm in the minority.

Oh god totally agree…those three giggling with one another for an hour every month was unbearable. No great loss.

ptlyon
08-18-2023, 07:02 AM
He doesn't understand what it's meant for and upvotes/downvotes shit based on whether he agrees with the post or not.

Um, ain't that what it's for?

Skyy God
08-18-2023, 07:16 AM
Easy answer is Raiders Fan

Oh, he’s a fuckstick even by Raiders fan standards.

ThaVirus
08-18-2023, 08:40 AM
I don't get it, what did I miss?

The other day, in one of these TC threads, I mentioned that it appears Justyn Ross lacks explosion and may struggle to gain separation against man coverage. Apparently that’s a sentiment shared by a few others. It developed into a small debate.

Apparently he’s still butthurt that other people have opinions.

RealSNR
08-18-2023, 10:40 AM
Um, ain't that what it's for?

It's for like/dislike, not agree/disagree. Sometimes they overlap, but there IS a difference.

If I went to the Rice/Ross thread and downvoted everybody who thinks Justyn Ross will be the better player, that would make me kind of an epic douche, no? If you disagree with somebody, have the conversation. That's how this place has always worked. Don't just click a thumbs down and go on to the next post.

BleedingRed
08-18-2023, 10:55 AM

Lmao its the same people over and over, some of the grown adults on this forum are fucking pussies

saphojunkie
08-18-2023, 01:14 PM
It's for like/dislike, not agree/disagree. Sometimes they overlap, but there IS a difference.

If I went to the Rice/Ross thread and downvoted everybody who thinks Justyn Ross will be the better player, that would make me kind of an epic douche, no? If you disagree with somebody, have the conversation. That's how this place has always worked. Don't just click a thumbs down and go on to the next post.

liked the post, neg repped, reported, quoted for truth