PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Caleb Williams the next Patrick Mahomes?

Hammock Parties
09-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Let us track this young man's progress as he begins his quest to usurp the King's throne.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">caleb williams…lol…what do you even say? <a href="https://t.co/lJLdBBzXDg">pic.twitter.com/lJLdBBzXDg</a></p>&mdash; Kyron Samuels (@kyronsamuels) <a href="https://twitter.com/kyronsamuels/status/1698106164024573975?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
09-02-2023, 05:22 PM
No

Spott
09-02-2023, 05:22 PM
Nope.

Sassy Squatch
09-02-2023, 05:24 PM
You wanna get thrown back into the DC gulag? Because this is how you get thrown back into the DC gulag.

Munson
09-02-2023, 05:25 PM
Blasphemy!

Megatron96
09-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Odds are extremely low. Pretty sure Mahomes' a unicorn, like Barry or MJ.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2023, 05:26 PM
A very special young man.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caleb Williams is NOT REAL <a href="https://t.co/DlNK85Uq6q">pic.twitter.com/DlNK85Uq6q</a></p>&mdash; Jacob (@Stroud4ROTY) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stroud4ROTY/status/1695603553316806702?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pepe Silvia
09-02-2023, 05:27 PM
No.

KC_Lee
09-02-2023, 05:30 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/PHjiEBYrNPK6Y" width="480" height="258" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/highlander-screencap-christopher-lambert-PHjiEBYrNPK6Y">via GIPHY</a></p>

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2023, 05:31 PM
Cardinals think so. They tanking hard.

redfan
09-02-2023, 05:34 PM
Nope

Skyy God
09-02-2023, 05:39 PM
No.

Fuck off with this DeBerg attention whoring nonsense.

TambaBerry
09-02-2023, 05:39 PM
Bust, soft

Pablo
09-02-2023, 05:40 PM
He's Geno-enhanced. Never to be a Patrick.

I understand why you love him

Bump
09-02-2023, 05:46 PM
Every QB that can move out of the pocket and look for a big play is going to be compared to Mahomes. Didn't the Packers draft Love due to this comparison?

He does look good though, but I bet you'll have to wait at least 3 more generations before you find anyone on Mahome's level. That's a once in a lifetime QB really. I've never seen anyone that good watching football for 30 years.

LoneWolf
09-02-2023, 05:46 PM
Fuck off, Clay. Go search for the attention you crave in DC.

ModSocks
09-02-2023, 05:57 PM
When i watch Caleb Williams play, all i can think about is how much this is gonna drive Patrick Mahomes to be even greater.

This is the closest thing to Mahomes we've ever seen, talent wise. And Mahomes knows it.

Of course he's got a looooong way to go to reach Mahomes level of greatness. But all this will do is drive the GOAT to be greater.

Bowser
09-02-2023, 06:00 PM
I'm not taking a thing away from Williams, but I am curious to see him perform at a level that isn't a college conference on the brink of collapse.

Jewish Rabbi
09-02-2023, 06:01 PM
Gonna have to see his dick next to a stick of deodorant before I answer

smithandrew051
09-02-2023, 06:04 PM
We are starting to see some people saying Caleb Williams is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Caleb over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Williams Or Mahomes?

hometeam
09-02-2023, 06:11 PM
LOOKS PRETTY GOOD AGAINST SHORT BUS UNIVERSITY

In58men
09-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Why is it that most Black QBs are compared to Patrick Mahomes?

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Bryce Young
Kyler Murray

And now Caleb Williams

Can we just appreciate players for who they are without the lame comparisons?

Dark Horse
09-02-2023, 06:20 PM
What makes Mahomes great is not his physical attributes but it’s more mental it’s his drive to be perfect working tirelessly to fix even the smallest flaws, and his incomparable will to win. He has a gift and it’s a gift of unmatched character like what Jordan has we are not going to see it again so soon in any sport

Chiefshrink
09-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Nothing personal Clay, but just the fact you make this comparison tells me you never played the game.;)

I don't care how athletic or big gunned a QB is, IF he never learns to play chess at the QB position in the NFL and continues to play checkers he will just be JAAQB(Just Another Athletic QB) with a limited mind thus limiting his athleticism in the long run in the NFL. And we have witnessed many, many of those in the last 20yrs. Very few have had the whole package. Aaron Rodgers had what Peyton and Tom did not have, a big arm and athleticism but all played great chess.

We are now blessed as a fanbase to be presently witnessing 'thee best NFL QB' of all time(barring injury and future bad drafts) taking the NFL QB position to a whole new level playing backyard football at the chess level"never seen before". Aaron's backyard ball doesn't even come close to Pat IMO

TribalElder
09-02-2023, 06:32 PM
his NFL career will be determined by where he ends up

coaching / organization matters

New World Order
09-02-2023, 06:33 PM
Yo Clayster

Pepe Silvia
09-02-2023, 06:36 PM
his NFL career will be determined by where he ends up

coaching / organization matters

Yep, if he ends up with the Cardinals he won’t win shit.

Chiefshrink
09-02-2023, 06:59 PM

NO, because I assure you all 31 other HCs wish their own QB was like Pat who never stops learning and improving his game with an IMMENSE drive and passion to not only win(which is a given) BUT keep improving his game to stay ahead of the other 31 DCs around the league. Sure all 31 other QBs are not Pat BUT they can have Pat's commitment to the QB position and that's all they are asking of their QB. Pat does have a tall task to win 8 SBs IF Pat stays healthy and we have good drafts with key positive FA pickups along the way. Yes many pieces of that puzzle must fall into place perfectly over time BUT if there is a person who thrives in 'impossible situations' it's PAT !!! The fact he is young will definitely help him possibly attain this goal of 8 SBs;)

I assure you all 31 other HCs were NFL masturbating to PAT on Netflix's series ("QB") only wishing their QB had Pat's heart and head.:drool:

Megatron96
09-02-2023, 07:00 PM
We are starting to see some people saying Caleb Williams is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Caleb over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Williams Or Mahomes?

Simple. Deberg and Pete.

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 07:11 PM
He's damned good and he seems to be wired the right way.

I wouldn't put anyone even close to Mahomes but he could easily work his way into the top of the 1b conversation with Burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Lawrence.

Planning to go to the ND/USC game in Octobert and pretty excited to watch the guy live.

carcosa
09-02-2023, 07:15 PM
I'm going to burn your house down

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 07:19 PM
More likely the next Sam Darnold.

Or Mark Sanchez.

Or Matt Leinart.

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 07:21 PM

Or Mark Sanchez.

Or Matt Leinart.

Wanna bet?

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 07:24 PM
Wanna bet?

You are impressed that Caleb Williams lights up the likes of Idaho with his painted finger nails?

Figures you are a sucker for an overhyped fraud.

big nasty kcnut
09-02-2023, 07:26 PM
LOL PLEASE!

Coogs
09-02-2023, 07:27 PM

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Bryce Young
Kyler Murray

And now Caleb Williams

It is interesting I guess when you consider Patrick Mahomes isn't officially black.

Otter
09-02-2023, 07:31 PM
If he did have a chance previously the poor guy just got the Claynus kiss of death.

Check my sig for his remarkable foresight on Patrick Mahomes.

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 07:31 PM
You are impressed that Caleb Williams lights up the likes of Idaho with his painted finger nails?

Figures you are a sucker for an overhyped fraud.

Yup, he's only ever had success against teams like Idaho.

I don't believe any of the 3 QBs you mentioned ever made the Pro Bowl. I'll bet you Caleb Williams does in one of his first 3 seasons. Fair?

If not, you come up with the specs for a bet.

Happy for the stakes to be money or a year ban on here.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2023, 07:36 PM
If he did have a chance previously the poor guy just got the Claynus kiss of death.

Check my sig for his remarkable foresight on Patrick Mahomes.

You see why it's so important we update this thread regularly, now.

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 07:39 PM

Justin Fields
Trey Lance
Bryce Young
Kyler Murray

And now Caleb Williams

Have you seen Caleb Williams play? Bryce Young? Trey Lance?

One looks a lot more like Mahomes off-platform outside the pocket than the other two.

BossChief
09-02-2023, 07:46 PM
The best part of this is when Arizona replaces the last “midget next Mahomes” with the current “midget next Mahomes”

And they get taught their lesson twice.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-02-2023, 07:55 PM
This idea of there being another Patrick Mahomes irritates me deeply. There is no other Patrick Mahomes! There is simply Patrick Mahomes and no other. This is in the same sense as there is only one Michael Jordan and no other. There COULD be another unique talent but that's still a staunch difference than the original.

Eleazar
09-02-2023, 07:59 PM
You wanna get thrown back into the DC gulag? Because this is how you get thrown back into the DC gulag.

As one of the condemned in the DC gulag, I would like to say that this would be rather unfair to us.

RunKC
09-02-2023, 08:00 PM
The best part of this is when Arizona replaces the last “midget next Mahomes” with the current “midget next Mahomes”

Caleb Williams vs Drake Maye is gonna be a fun talking point next Spring.

Maye looks like a Herbert clone to me. He's really good, but plays for a lesser team in NC and without Lincoln Riley's excellent offensive coaching.

Megatron96
09-02-2023, 08:02 PM

? You think Caleb is a midget? Since when is 6'1" 215-lb. midget status?

Stryker
09-02-2023, 08:09 PM
Not a chance! Looks good, I will admit, but NO in the Mahomes comparison.

jjchieffan
09-02-2023, 08:12 PM
I saw this thread and looked for the thread starter. I thought that it was another Deberg thread.

Coochie liquor
09-02-2023, 08:12 PM
Mods… Romper Room time?? JK we need his content when the season starts. Ban Dildo Joe until Dungver finishes with a winning record instead!!

mlyonsd
09-02-2023, 08:13 PM
He's got the physical ability but does he have the same game management/leadership skills that translate to the NFL?

As others have stated Pat was drafted into a pretty solid system with a HC that his skills play into. To match Pat he's going to need a good GM and HC that can build everything he needs around him to be successful.

And when I say successful I mean rings.

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 08:16 PM
Yup, he's only ever had success against teams like Idaho.

I don't believe any of the 3 QBs you mentioned ever made the Pro Bowl. I'll bet you Caleb Williams does in one of his first 3 seasons. Fair?

If not, you come up with the specs for a bet.

Happy for the stakes to be money or a year ban on here.

Caleb Williams NFL career… closer to Sam Darnold/Mark Sanchez/Matt Leinart or Mahomes?

Go on the record now.

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 08:19 PM
Caleb Williams NFL career… closer to Sam Darnold/Mark Sanchez/Matt Leinart or Mahomes?

Go on the record now.

I told you the bet I’m prepared to make. Are we done? A year ban for the loser? Go on record now.

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 08:22 PM
I told you the bet I’m prepared to make. Are we done? A year ban for the loser? Go on record now.

If Caleb Williams has an equal NFL career to Mahomes… a year ban for me.

If he falls short of that hype threshold… you ban yourself forever for hyping a fake “Next Mahomes” narrative.

Deal?

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 08:29 PM
If Caleb Williams has an equal NFL career to Mahomes… a year ban for me.

If he falls short of that hype threshold… you ban yourself forever for hyping a fake “Next Mahomes” narrative.

Deal?

LOL. Way to move them goalposts!

There’s having the best NFL career of all time and then there’s saying he’s going to be like Darnold, Sanchez, and Leinart.

Or Mark Sanchez.

Or Matt Leinart.

I already said no one compares to Mahomes but this guy could definitely compete with the tier below him. I provided a standard well above the tier you compared him to as a baseline bet and you tapped out. Cool.

frozenchief
09-02-2023, 08:32 PM
So, for the next umpteen years, media pundits will compare that person to Patrick Mahomes. Why? Because Mahomes is the best. He does things no other quarterback ever has.

I recognize the progress of history. Eventually there will be a QB who posts better records and is worthy of comparison. Right now that's hard to believe but its inevitable. But the time to make that decision is after the person has been in the league for a few years, is in 100% of the conference championship games during his career, has fewer than 2 losses by more than 1 TD, etc. Until that time comes, though, I can make this real simple: the answer to the following question:

"Is [fill in hot new college QB] the next Patrick Mahomes?"

will be 'NO'.

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 08:34 PM
LOL. Way to move them goalposts!

There’s having the best NFL career of all time and then there’s saying he’s going to be like Darnold, Sanchez, and Leinart.

I already said no one compares to Mahomes but this guy could definitely compete with the tier below him. I provided a standard well above the tier you compared him to as a baseline bet and you tapped out. Cool.

So you are afraid to make the bet?

Tap out acknowledged. ROFL

TwistedChief
09-02-2023, 08:40 PM
So you are afraid to make the bet?

Tap out acknowledged. ROFL

Truly pathetic. You know very well I said no one even comes close to comparing to Mahomes, you then said Williams is more like a journeyman QB, I called you out on it, and then you were afraid to put your money where your mouth is with respect to your posts here. Receipts.

Nice that you can post big boy comments on the internet that you’re afraid to stand behind.

FloridaMan88
09-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Truly pathetic. You know very well I said no one even comes close to comparing to Mahomes, you then said Williams is more like a journeyman QB, I called you out on it, and then you were afraid to put your money where your mouth is with respect to your posts here. Receipts.

Nice that you can post big boy comments on the internet that you’re afraid to stand behind.

Caleb Williams is more likely to be a bust or the next Patrick Mahomes?

I am saying bust.

You WERE saying more likely to be closer to Mahomes until you realized the laughable stupidity of your argument and now you are backtracking like a bitch.

Do yourself a favor and tap out.. you have already thoroughly embarrassed yourself (yet again).

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-02-2023, 08:57 PM
one thing i've noticed with almost all these guys that get the NEXT MAHOMES!!!11one comp, most are skinny/short bitches

that dude the panthers drafted is a shrimp and so is kyler

caleb is a bit thicker, but 6-1, 215 lbs is certainly not mahomes territory

RealSNR
09-02-2023, 08:58 PM
If he gets drafted by an AFC team, I'm gonna pee into Goodell's beady dead little eyes

RealSNR
09-02-2023, 08:58 PM
one thing i've noticed with almost all these guys that get the NEXT MAHOMES!!!11one comp, most are skinny/short bitches

that dude the panthers drafted is a shrimp and so is kyler

caleb is a bit thicker, but 6-1, 215 lbs is certainly not mahomes territory

Drew Lock? He was supposed to be the next Mahomes!

UChieffyBugger
09-02-2023, 11:26 PM
? You think Caleb is a midget? Since when is 6'1" 215-lb. midget status?

He's NOT 6'1. He's 5'11 or 6 foot at best. His size is pretty much the same as Baker Mayfield and media folks who have met him like Colin Cowherd have mentioned his height already.

Williams can clearly throw the ball all over the field but Pat in 2018 is not the same Pat in 2023. Defenses will take that backyard stuff away most Sunday's and he's gonna have to do it from the pocket which isn't his strength right now.

We also need to see him against better competition. The guys he's facing right now just aren't cutting it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2023, 11:28 PM
A very special young man.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caleb Williams is NOT REAL <a href="https://t.co/DlNK85Uq6q">pic.twitter.com/DlNK85Uq6q</a></p>&mdash; Jacob (@Stroud4ROTY) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stroud4ROTY/status/1695603553316806702?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was a clean snap dude just fumbled it. He sucks and SC is trash

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 03:51 AM
Caleb Williams is more likely to be a bust or the next Patrick Mahomes?

I am saying bust.

You WERE saying more likely to be closer to Mahomes until you realized the laughable stupidity of your argument and now you are backtracking like a bitch.

Do yourself a favor and tap out.. you have already thoroughly embarrassed yourself (yet again).

LMAO

I am saying he’s more likely to be on the level of a top 5-10 NFL QB who makes a Pro Bowl in his first 3 seasons than a bust. You are the one who throws out the bust label and then will only own up to your dumb takes if he’s not on the level of Mahomes. It’s not hard to see you’re overmatched here (yet again).

Rain Man
09-03-2023, 09:44 AM
There will never be a next Patrick Mahomes II. He's The Beatles.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2023, 09:47 AM
There will never be a next Patrick Mahomes II. He's The Beatles.

Even the Beatles gave way to Michael Jackson.

WilliamTheIrish
09-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Part of what confuses me on his ability is the difference in their college rosters. Williams seems to have a lot of talent around him. A good OL, some really great WR’s.

I don’t think TTU’s roster talent was anywhere near what Williams has at USC.

Still, he’s pretty talented.

DRM08
09-03-2023, 09:55 AM
Caleb is pretty talented, but he has also been surrounded with a lot of talent at both Oklahoma & USC. Guess we'll see how it plays out for him in the NFL, where the guys on his team won't be better than the guys on the other team.

RealSNR
09-03-2023, 09:57 AM

Nah. Tom Brady’s retired, dude

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 09:59 AM
I am saying he’s more likely to be on the level of a top 5-10 NFL QB who makes a Pro Bowl in his first 3 seasons than a bust. You are the one who throws out the bust label and then will only own up to your dumb takes if he’s not on the level of Mahomes. It’s not hard to see you’re overmatched here (yet again).

“Making a Pro Bowl” is not the definition of a top 5-10 QB… and certainly not a “generational” QB as dumbshits such as yourself are hyping up Caleb Williams to be.

Tyler Huntley was a Pro Bowl QB last year… enough said.

The fact you equate being a “Pro Bowl QB” to being a top level QB… LMAO

DrunkBassGuitar
09-03-2023, 10:00 AM

the beatles had more #1 hits and more in the top 100

Urc Burry
09-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Non homer glasses on - he’s the closest I’ve seen. Granted he’s playing with 5 stars as opposed to 2 stars. Mahomes has the stronger arm, and is probably an inch and a half taller. But the arm angles and play making is there. But he’ll never catch Mahomes with the accolades. Especially if Gannon is his coach

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 10:07 AM
“Making a Pro Bowl” is not the definition of a top 5-10 QB… and certainly not a “generational” QB as dumbshits such as yourself are hyping up Caleb Williams to be.

Tyler Huntley was a Pro Bowl QB last year… enough said.

The fact you equate being a “Pro Bowl QB” to being a top level QB… LMAO

A QB who makes the Pro Bowl in one of his first 3 years is far more likely to be in the top 5-10 QBs in the NFL than be a bust, no?

Tyler Huntley was voted to the Pro Bowl as the 5th (!) alternate after Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen were voted the starters. And then the alternates were Tua, Herbert, Lawrence, Lamar, and then…Huntley.

We can make the bet that he’s voted in as one of the top-3 in his first 3 years and then you’d agree he probably needs to be pretty good to reach that? Deal?

RealSNR
09-03-2023, 10:14 AM
Lincoln Riley does a great job getting his guys drafted #1.

Once they get to the NFL… I mean they weren’t total busts.

I agree that Williams is on a different plane than Baker and COD boy. But I don’t think him going to the Cardinals is a recipe for turning him into Mahomes

Buehler445
09-03-2023, 10:16 AM
I made a Caleb Williams post in the NFL Cuts thread. Here it is.

Here's a hot take for you.

I'm out on Caleb Williams. I saw some interview with him, halftime or something, and someone asked him something about Mahomes, and he said (I think this is verbatum) "there really isn't anything he can do that I can't, so yeah."

:spock:

A spoonful of humility does a career good, bud.

Then I watched the second half and he sure he threw some good balls off platform, he threw some good balls. He also threw some balls away pretty early. He also eliminated half the field really early in a lot of snaps.

We'll see, and I'm the only guy on the fucking planet out on the dude - and I'm certainly open to being wrong. Stay with me here, in my mind what makes Mahomes the best is the grind. He is supremely talented, sure, but there have been talented dudes that could do some amazing shit. But transferring those skills to production is where Mahomes shines.

My opinion is that teams now need to watch out for dudes trying to do Mahomes stuff, rather that being able to do Mahomes stuff and playing football.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/9/16/1442401101730/05248533-d1d0-4bcd-bb39-01ab7c7eb672-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg?width=620&dpr=1&s=none

Maybe it wasn't such a hot take. Biggest thing is that Mahomes doesn't approach ball like he's Mahomes. He grinds like a rookie. This dude obviously does not.

WilliamTheIrish
09-03-2023, 10:17 AM
A QB who makes the Pro Bowl in one of his first 3 years is far more likely to be in the top 5-10 QBs in the NFL than be a bust, no?

Tyler Huntley was voted to the Pro Bowl as the 5th (!) alternate after Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen were voted the starters. And then the alternates were Tua, Herbert, Lawrence, Lamar, and then…Huntley.

We can make the bet that he’s voted in as one of the top-3 in his first 3 years and then you’d agree he probably needs to be pretty good to reach that? Deal?

I’m sorry sir, but the other bettor has engaged the “tap out acknowledged” button in a previous post, therefore rendering the argument as lost. This is according to CPlogic known as “petelore” (also known as “rent free” and “you’re taking this too seriously”).

Good luck on future bets.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 10:28 AM
I made a Caleb Williams post in the NFL Cuts thread. Here it is.

Maybe it wasn't such a hot take. Biggest thing is that Mahomes doesn't approach ball like he's Mahomes. He grinds like a rookie. This dude obviously does not.

Yeah, I’ve heard him interviewed before and he displayed a lot of humility. Everyone asks him about comparisons to Mahomes. This is in line with what he said in the podcast I listened to (and is a completely different interview):

“He is the best player in the world,” Williams told Jason Reid of Andscape. “He does special things. His teammates love him. The man has two [Super Bowls]. So to be compared to someone like that … it’s a sense of respect. But it’s also irrelevant, ’cause I’m Caleb. Caleb Williams here at USC. I haven’t even won a [college] national championship yet.”

He gets the comparisons to Mahomes because he has a lot of that “it” playmaking ability out of the pocket. Comparing his play style to Mahomes doesn’t mean anyone is saying he’s as good as Mahomes. Some people here - not you Buehler but more MiamiSuperFan99 - are so defensive they can’t even appreciate a talented prospect and feel the need to be overly negative and drag everything down. It’s par for the course.

He’s fun to watch. I’m glad he’ll wind up somewhere in the NFC to balance things out a bit.

Buehler445
09-03-2023, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I’ve heard him interviewed before and he displayed a lot of humility. Everyone asks him about comparisons to Mahomes. This is in line with what he said in the podcast I listened to (and is a completely different interview):

He gets the comparisons to Mahomes because he has a lot of that “it” playmaking ability out of the pocket. Comparing his play style to Mahomes doesn’t mean anyone is saying he’s as good as Mahomes. Some people here - not you Buehler but more MiamiSuperFan99 - are so defensive they can’t even appreciate a talented prospect and feel the need to be overly negative and drag everything down. It’s par for the course.

He’s fun to watch. I’m glad he’ll wind up somewhere in the NFC to balance things out a bit.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play a ton, and heard him talk less. It was probably just a one off thing, but I was definitely :spock:.

And I'm certainly open to being wrong. That's why I went with the hot take meme. Maybe I should just say I see some hot takes.

If he is good, he definitely needs to go to the NFC. Except the Cowcunts. Fuck the Cowcunts.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 10:51 AM

Tyler Huntley… “Pro Bowl” QB during his first three years in the NFL says hi.

So does Carson Wentz.

Do you consider Wentz and Huntley “top 5-10 QB’s” because they both made the Pro Bowl during their first three years in the NFL?

LMAO

BigRedChief
09-03-2023, 10:58 AM
One looks a lot more like Mahomes off-platform outside the pocket than the other two.any QB that does those kind of throws will be compared to Mahomes for as long as the NFL exists. It is what it is. The Next Mahomes will be an every other year thing. But, there is only one Mahomes.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 11:29 AM
Tyler Huntley… “Pro Bowl” QB during his first three years in the NFL says hi.

So does Carson Wentz.

Do you consider Wentz and Huntley “top 5-10 QB’s” because they both made the Pro Bowl during their first three years in the NFL?

LMAO

What don’t you understand? Huntley was an alternate. He was not voted as one of the top 7 guys, let alone top 3. He wouldn’t count in our bet.

Wentz absolutely would though. He was playing like a top 5-10 QB in 2018.

None of the 3 guys - Sanchez, Leinart, and Darnold - you said Williams would be like has ever been to a Pro Bowl.

You bring up Wentz as a quasi-exception but I could bring up a ton of guys who all made the PB in one of their first 3 years who grew into perennial top 5-10 guys. Manning, Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, etc. Roethlisberger didn’t make the PB in that timeframe.

It’s okay if you’re afraid to make a bet on the internet that would prevent you from making such impressive hot takes for a year of your life if you’re wrong. I imagine you must derive great personal satisfaction from this sort of thing.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 11:30 AM
any QB that does those kind of throws will be compared to Mahomes for as long as the NFL exists. It is what it is. The Next Mahomes will be an every other year thing. But, there is only one Mahomes.

You’re arguing into the wind. No one is the next Mahomes. No one in this thread or otherwise has said he’ll be as good as Mahomes outside of maybe a future Skip Bayless take.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-03-2023, 11:34 AM
I watched a lot of football yesterday... Mahomes is making an impact on HS kids more than I realized. The number of sidearm throws, and jump throws was more apparent than ever. Many weren't executed greatly, but this guy has the tools. Is he the next Mahomes? Depends on several factors. Is he more Manziel or Patrick mentally? Does he refuse to lose and will do whatever it takes to get better despite being worth $500+ million dollars? Does he get drafted by an offensive genius and have a support system to emphasize his talent positively, or is he drafted by a shit franchise with a shitty coach? Mahomes is gifted physically, mentally and has the competitiveness of Jordan and fell into the perfect situation. Everything has meshed perfectly, that is a rarity. This kid will be good, but there is a lot of things that have to go perfectly right for him to be the next Mahomes.

notorious
09-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Throwing to 5 star wide receivers at very position.

Mahomes did it with 8 man football castaways.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 12:13 PM
What don’t you understand? Huntley was an alternate. He was not voted as one of the top 7 guys, let alone top 3. He wouldn’t count in our bet.

Wentz absolutely would though. He was playing like a top 5-10 QB in 2018.

None of the 3 guys - Sanchez, Leinart, and Darnold - you said Williams would be like has ever been to a Pro Bowl.

You bring up Wentz as a quasi-exception but I could bring up a ton of guys who all made the PB in one of their first 3 years who grew into perennial top 5-10 guys. Manning, Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, etc. Roethlisberger didn’t make the PB in that timeframe.

It’s okay if you’re afraid to make a bet on the internet that would prevent you from making such impressive hot takes for a year of your life if you’re wrong. I imagine you must derive great personal satisfaction from this sort of thing.

If Caleb Williams ends up as just a “top 5-10 QB” in the NFL… he’s a bust relative to the hype that he’s supposedly going to be “the next Patrick Mahomes”.

“Generational QB’s” are not just “top 5-10 QB’s”… that’s Kirk Cousins territory.

So once again, do you want to back up your dumbshit claim that Caleb Williams will be a “generational QB” and not be a bust?

Yes or no.

Stop bloviating, stop countering with straw man arguments and put your $$$ where your fat fraudulent mouth is.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 12:33 PM
So once again, do you want to back up your dumbshit claim that Caleb Williams will be a “generational QB” and not be a bust?

Provide the evidence where I said Caleb Williams will be a “generational QB” or even near the level of Mahomes. If you can provide that, by all means, I’ll make that bet with you.

I’ll happily provide the evidence where you said he would be a bust. Here:

Or Mark Sanchez.

Or Matt Leinart.

You do realize how ironic it is to accuse someone else of using a straw man argument when you yourself are in the midst of doing it? Move them goalposts though.

LagunaSWana
09-03-2023, 12:42 PM
I watched a lot of football yesterday... Mahomes is making an impact on HS kids more than I realized. The number of sidearm throws, and jump throws was more apparent than ever. Many weren't executed greatly, but this guy has the tools. Is he the next Mahomes? Depends on several factors. Is he more Manziel or Patrick mentally? Does he refuse to lose and will do whatever it takes to get better despite being worth $500+ million dollars? Does he get drafted by an offensive genius and have a support system to emphasize his talent positively, or is he drafted by a shit franchise with a shitty coach? Mahomes is gifted physically, mentally and has the competitiveness of Jordan and fell into the perfect situation. Everything has meshed perfectly, that is a rarity. This kid will be good, but there is a lot of things that have to go perfectly right for him to be the next Mahomes.

This. It's like everything had to come together perfectly for life on earth. Patrick Mahomes = life on earth.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-03-2023, 12:58 PM
The REAL question is , will he be the next Johnny Manziel !!!???

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 01:25 PM
Provide the evidence where I said Caleb Williams will be a “generational QB” or even near the level of Mahomes. If you can provide that, by all means, I’ll make that bet with you.

I’ll happily provide the evidence where you said he would be a bust. Here:

You do realize how ironic it is to accuse someone else of using a straw man argument when you yourself are in the midst of doing it? Move them goalposts though.

If Caleb Williams ends up as just a “top 5-10 QB” (your prediction) and not a “generational QB” is he a bust relative to the hype/expectations?

Tell me you agree with my prediction that Caleb Williams will be a bust without apparently realizing you are agreeing with me. ROFL

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 01:28 PM
If Caleb Williams ends up as just a “top 5-10 QB” (your prediction) and not a “generational QB” is he a bust relative to the hype/expectations?

Tell me you agree with my prediction that Caleb Williams will be a bust without apparently realizing you are agreeing with me. ROFL

If he’s a top 5-10 QB in the NFL by the end of his third year while playing for the Jonathan Gannon-led Cardinals, I don’t think anyone will be labeling him as a bust relative to any expectations.

But you keep slivering away….

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 01:32 PM
If he’s a top 5-10 QB in the NFL by the end of his third year while playing for the Jonathan Gannon-led Cardinals, I don’t think anyone will be labeling him as a bust relative to any expectations.

Seriously? LMAO

He’s being hyped as the supposed “next Patrick Mahomes” (i.e. the topic of this thread) and a “generational QB”.

Anything below that is a bust, relative to expectations/the hype.

BigBeauford
09-03-2023, 01:39 PM

People will think you are talking about Andrew Luck.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 01:39 PM
Seriously? LMAO

He’s being hyped as the supposed “next Patrick Mahomes” (i.e. the topic of this thread) and a “generational QB”.

Anything below that is a bust, relative to expectations/the hype.

No, not in a thread where no one actually said they think he’ll be close to the level of Mahomes and where you instead said he’ll have a career closer to that of players who never amounted to anything in the NFL.

But continue with that manufactured outrage. And we’ll see if he has a career close to Darnold/Sanchez/Leinart as you’ve predicted. Can’t wait until you make up a cool play on his name that you overuse incessantly like a petulant 4th grader.

tredadda
09-03-2023, 02:18 PM

1. One QB is a two time league MVP, two time SB MVP, two time SB champion, is 27 years old and is already a lock for the HOF and already considered among the (at worst), 10 best QBs to ever play the game.

2. The other is a hyped QB that’s thriving in a system that made Mayfield and Murray #1 picks. This QB might be a stud in the NFL and might not. Time will tell.

Given a choice I think I would go with option 1.

Megatron96
09-03-2023, 03:43 PM
He's NOT 6'1. He's 5'11 or 6 foot at best. His size is pretty much the same as Baker Mayfield and media folks who have met him like Colin Cowherd have mentioned his height already.

Williams can clearly throw the ball all over the field but Pat in 2018 is not the same Pat in 2023. Defenses will take that backyard stuff away most Sunday's and he's gonna have to do it from the pocket which isn't his strength right now.

We also need to see him against better competition. The guys he's facing right now just aren't cutting it.

ESPN says he’s 6’1”
http://https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4431611/caleb-williams

Actually, every sports media outlet says he’s 6’1”

WhawhaWhat
09-03-2023, 04:27 PM
ESPN says he’s 6’1”

ESPN and those other media outlets get their roster info from the same University SID and they are known for fudging the numbers from time to time. We won't know his actual height until the combine or pro day.

He could be 6'1 but I also wouldn't be surprised if he isn't.

TwistedChief
09-03-2023, 04:41 PM
ESPN says he’s 6’1”

Most people doubt he’s 6’1 so I think it’s likely overstated.

But a fun stat: he only had 3 fewer broken tackles last year than Anthony Richardson, a guy who is much taller and built like an athletic tank. So whether he’s 6’ or whatever, the guy is strong and physical.

Megatron96
09-03-2023, 05:06 PM
Most people doubt he’s 6’1 so I think it’s likely overstated.

But a fun stat: he only had 3 fewer broken tackles last year than Anthony Richardson, a guy who is much taller and built like an athletic tank. So whether he’s 6’ or whatever, the guy is strong and physical.

I don't know how people can tell if a guy is 6' 1" or 6-foot even watching on TV, or their phone.

Whatever. he looks like he can play, in spite of his lack of height.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2023, 05:09 PM
1. One QB is a two time league MVP, two time SB MVP, two time SB champion, is 27 years old and is already a lock for the HOF and already considered among the (at worst), 10 best QBs to ever play the game.

2. The other is a hyped QB that’s thriving in a system that made Mayfield and Murray #1 picks. This QB might be a stud in the NFL and might not. Time will tell.

Given a choice I think I would go with option 1.

Caleb Williams has both the USC and Lincoln Riley QB curses (Jalen Hurts has a shot at breaking the Lincoln Riley curse) to overcome.

And he’s just not THAT good.

UChieffyBugger
09-03-2023, 07:06 PM
I don't know how people can tell if a guy is 6' 1" or 6-foot even watching on TV, or their phone.

Whatever. he looks like he can play, in spite of his lack of height.

He's close to Bryce Young's height from what I hear but people won't speak on the height until draft time when the truth will finally be revealed. At best he's Baker or Hurts's height (6 foot). At worst he's Brees or Russell Wilson's height (5'11). For example Colin Cowherd said he met him and he's taller than Caleb and Colin is apparently 6'1.

Caleb has a stocky kind of build but QB's often bulk up when they hit the league so it will be interesting to see how he goes in that department.

Ultimately I see a kid in a very friendly QB system that gives him easy reads and simple throws to make. But he can be drawn out of that with a little pressure and so he does his scrambling drills and his talent is often better than the opposition so the scrambling plays often come off.

But I don't want to pick his game apart too much..I just want to see how he does against better opposition and then outside of Riley's system.

Titty Meat
09-03-2023, 07:08 PM
He's really fucking good

srvy
09-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Like Trey Lance and every kid from college who has come or coming after Patrick. The NFL is a whole different animal. Come back in 2 to 3 years with this question.

ArrowHeader
09-03-2023, 07:22 PM
Caleb Williams has both the USC and Lincoln Riley QB curses (Jalen Hurts has a shot at breaking the Lincoln Riley curse) to overcome.

Jalen became a different product in Philadelphia. Worlds of difference in his deep ball vs OU.

tredadda
09-03-2023, 07:26 PM

In Hurts defense he only played under Lincoln Riley for one year. Only so much influence he could have on Hurts. Plus he went to an outstanding organization. Caleb will go to one of the worst run franchises in the history of the NFL. Odds will be stacked against him for sure.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Same answer as it was when people tried to crown Trey Lance and Jordan Love as the next PM2.

No.

mr. tegu
09-04-2023, 06:43 AM
Some people in here sound like Bills fans when they discuss Mahomes.

BossChief
09-04-2023, 01:05 PM
I think Williams is overrated based on a few factors, but I’ll admit my sample size of when Ive watched him play is limited to 2 games.

I didn’t see a “Luck, Burrow, Mahomes” level talent in those games and his size would absolutely be a major concern for me. He’s barely 6’ and those guys tend to have trouble throwing well over the middle from the pocket at the nfl level.

I think the kid would have had a good chance if he was going to a team with a clue and talent around him…but going to Arizona and dealing with multiple distractions as well as poor front office, ownership and coaching is a touch spot…especially in that division.

When you’re talking about “making the pro bowl” are you talking about initial pro bowlers, or guys that made the “pro bowl” after a bunch of guys opted out?

If we aren’t including the opt outs, I’d be interested in a $$ or board wager, twisted.

I don’t think he will make the pro bowl except “only as an alternate” in his first 3 years.

Chris Meck
09-04-2023, 02:35 PM
No. /Thread

loochy
09-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Is Caleb Mahomes the new Patrick Williams?

tredadda
09-04-2023, 05:57 PM
Some people in here sound like Bills fans when they discuss Mahomes.

In what way?

TwistedChief
09-04-2023, 06:08 PM
I don’t think he will make the pro bowl except “only as an alternate” in his first 3 years.

That’s the exact bet I was willing to make with MiamiSuperfan99 and I’ll happily make it with you. DM me and we can discuss further, buddy.

1962Chiefs
09-04-2023, 07:01 PM
No sir!

Kman34
09-04-2023, 07:05 PM
I seen Patrick Mahomes and you sir are no Patrick Mahomes..

FloridaMan88
09-04-2023, 07:06 PM
That’s the exact bet I was willing to make with MiamiSuperfan99 and I’ll happily make it with you. DM me and we can discuss further, buddy.

Imagine wasting your entire Labor Day weekend dying on the hill of pimping Caleb Williams.

LMAO

baitism
09-04-2023, 07:13 PM
Didn't realize USC still had a football program.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2023, 06:58 PM
lmao

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting… <a href="https://t.co/OrE1v0rjik">pic.twitter.com/OrE1v0rjik</a></p>&mdash; Billy M (@BillyM_91) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1713357369080524884?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chiefshrink
10-14-2023, 07:07 PM
Like Trey Lance and every kid from college who has come or coming after Patrick. The NFL is a whole different animal. Come back in 2 to 3 years with this question.

BINGO !!:thumb:

big nasty kcnut
10-14-2023, 07:14 PM
He is fucking not!

carcosa
10-14-2023, 07:16 PM
BINGO !!:thumb:

Why do you post so weird

FloridaMan88
10-14-2023, 07:16 PM
Twisted will not be seen in this thread tonight. LMAO

MahomesMagic
10-14-2023, 07:32 PM
Watching now, almost threw Int 4.

BigCatDaddy
10-14-2023, 07:36 PM
I called this shit in the Donks thread. You don't tank for anybody. The only guy that really lived up the hype coming out was Peyton Manning. Even Andrew Luck while had a good career was never the guy in the NFL. He might be a good QB but what are the odds he is even Jalen Hurts?

JohnnyHammersticks
10-14-2023, 07:43 PM
I don’t get the Caleb Williams hype train at all. :shrug:

The Mahomes comparisons are borderline sacrilegious

They list Williams at 6’1” but you can tell by looking at him that he’s 6’ at best. Looks like Baker Mayfield or a pudgier Bryce Young. I’ve seen him have really good games like that Utah game last season, but the Mahomes comparisons? Just not seeing it.

My stance remains the same as it’s always been.

JohnnyV13
10-14-2023, 07:53 PM
No

I wouldn't categorically say no. But, I'm totally on board with "probably not."

Anyone else remember DeShone Kizer?

He was Mahomes' stablemate and many so called "media analysts" considered him the most "pro ready" prospect. Kizer was a big, mobile guy with a huge arm who ran an NFL-style system at Notre Dame.

But, mentally, he wasn't anywhere close to Mahomes. That's what people underestimate about Patrick They ooooh and ahhhhh over his off platform throws, broken plays, and cannon arm. But they don't often mention his processing speed, field vision, and maturity.

Caleb Williams is physically gifted, but can he process like Mahomes?

I don't think fans can know until we see him on an NFL field.

Chiefshrink
10-14-2023, 07:54 PM
My stance remains the same as it’s always been.

AGREE !!!

Chiefshrink
10-14-2023, 07:59 PM
But, mentally, he wasn't anywhere close to Mahomes. That's what people underestimate about Patrick They ooooh and ahhhhh over his off platform throws, broken plays, and cannon arm. But they don't often mention his processing speed and field vision.

Caleb Williams is physically gifted, but can he process like Mahomes?

I agree 1000%! Remains to be seen for sure.

But I can tell you this, IF we play the 49ers in the SB, I can assure you who CAN process very efficiently and that is Brock Purdy. We will not be playing a Crappolo type QB if we play the Niners.:thumb:

JohnnyV13
10-14-2023, 08:05 PM

But I can tell you this, IF we play the 49ers in the SB, I can assure you who CAN process very efficiently and that is Brock Purdy. We will not be playing a Crappolo type QB if we play the Niners.:thumb:

I agree 100%.

Remember a few years ago and people were wondering if "pocket passers" were a dying breed after Lamar Jackson wins an MVP, Mahomes takes the league by storm, and you've got athletic freaks like Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, and DeSean Watson tearing it up?

The whole thing was silly because Brees and Brady were still killing it.

Now, Purdy comes along and shows what an A-level processor can do without great physical ability.

A great processer with an accurate arm is ALWAYS going to have a place in the NFL And, they're almost impossible to identify until you see them against an NFL defense.

I think Veach was able to see it with Mahomes, b/c Patrick played behind a total shit line at Texas Tech with receivers that weren't great. That meant his throwing windows and the time he had to throw were limited.

That's why I can say with confidence that Lenny Dawson would have killed it in today's NFL. As smart as Dawson was, imagine how fast he'd get the ball out when you couldn't mug his receivers until the ball was in the air?

He played in a real bump and run era.

DrunkBassGuitar
10-14-2023, 08:10 PM
Caleb Leniert

TwistedChief
10-14-2023, 08:18 PM

Only because I’ve been 30 feet from him tonight.

Terrible performance no doubt. It happens. You can still accept the bet I proposed, big guy.

MahomesMagic
10-14-2023, 08:21 PM
The question for NFL teams will be Caleb Williams vs Drake Maye. Both will go high.

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Rough game for Williams.

Constant pressure is a killer for any QB.

Pablo
10-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Rough game for Williams.

He ain’t getting an OL when he goes and plays for Denver so get used to it dude

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-14-2023, 08:24 PM
The question for NFL teams will be Caleb Williams vs Drake Maye. Both will go high.

And if Denver is picking first: mile high.

Chiefshrink
10-14-2023, 08:30 PM
Rough game for Williams.

Yes it does but thank Jesus our QB makes the most of all his pressures:clap:

Pressure either makes you become a "diamond" or become "rubble". Take your pick!!

Chieftain
10-14-2023, 08:30 PM
I called this shit in the Donks thread. You don't tank for anybody. The only guy that really lived up the hype coming out was Peyton Manning. Even Andrew Luck while had a good career was never the guy in the NFL. He might be a good QB but what are the odds he is even Jalen Hurts?

In retrospect, generational QBs are rare in the NFL. Last two decades we had: Brady, Manning, Rodgers. That's it. 3 total.
Which is why now Mahomes sits in a different tier of his own. He is a rare breed. Generational by the very definition of the word.

Red Dawg
10-14-2023, 08:31 PM
CW had zero protection tonight. Every damn play a guy is running free at him.

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-14-2023, 08:31 PM
Yes it does but thank Jesus our QB makes the most of all his pressures:clap:

Except for the Super Bowl against Tampa Bay. :evil:

Then again, he didn't throw 5 picks like Noodle Arm Gannon. What an embarrassment yet Raider Nation makes excuses for him for that performance to this day.

Chieftain
10-14-2023, 08:34 PM
CW had zero protection tonight. Every damn play a guy is running free at him.

I wouldn't want my football team to be quarterbacked by a guy who paints his nails. **** that homo shit.

TwistedChief
10-14-2023, 08:40 PM

PS - nice performance for your Canes tonight. Blame the coach again I guess?

I guess impressive for you to attempt to take a win in a thread where you won’t even take a simple bet on your strong view. Hope you sleep well tonight with another Miami loss.

dirk digler
10-14-2023, 08:45 PM
First time I actually watched him play and I got Dak Prescott vibes

MahomesMagic
10-14-2023, 08:48 PM
In retrospect, generational QBs are rare in the NFL. Last two decades we had: Brady, Manning, Rodgers. That's it. 3 total.
Which is why now Mahomes sits in a different tier of his own. He is a rare breed. Generational by the very definition of the word.

Trevor Lawrence was also supposed to be generational.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2023, 08:48 PM
PS - nice performance for your Canes tonight. Blame the coach again I guess?

I guess impressive for you to attempt to take a win in a thread where you won’t even take a simple bet on your strong view. Hope you sleep well tonight with another Miami loss.

Someone is triggered. LMAO

Considering your laughably embarrassing slurping of Caleb Williams in this thread, you might want to lay low tonight and take the L.

Especially if your only comeback is apparently trying to deflect and defend Mario Cristobal?

Yikes.

LMAO

FloridaMan88
10-14-2023, 08:50 PM
Planning to go to the ND/USC game in Octobert and pretty excited to watch the guy live.

ROFL

TwistedChief
10-14-2023, 08:53 PM
Someone is triggered. LMAO

Considering your laughably embarrassing slurping of Caleb Williams in this thread, you might want to lay low tonight and take the L.

Especially if your only comeback is apparently trying to deflect and defend Mario Cristobal?

Yikes.

LMAO

No, loser. My response is that I’m happy to still keep the bet I proposed that you’re too much of a pussy to accept.

It’s so impressive to talk a big game on a message board with no actual stakes.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2023, 08:55 PM
No, loser. My response is that I’m happy to still keep the bet I proposed that you’re too much of a pussy to accept.

It’s so impressive to talk a big game on a message board with no actual stakes.

Did you actually waste $$$ and go to the game to admire Caleb Williams as you claimed you were planning to do?

Imagine wasting $$$ as a Caleb Williams fanboy only to watch Caleb choke in person.

LMAO

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-14-2023, 08:57 PM
Caleb was running for his life... Just like he will be in the NFL as a first overall selection as no one will trade that pick. Mahomes is great, but he also had the luck of Reid and the Chiefs moving up to get him with a playoff caliber team and organization.

TwistedChief
10-14-2023, 09:01 PM
Did you actually waste $$$ and go to the game to admire Caleb Williams as you claimed you were planning to do?

Imagine wasting $$$ as a Caleb Williams fanboy only to watch Caleb choke in person.

LMAO

OMG I spent money that means nothing to go to a football game! How will I ever survive this experience where I got an evening off from being a parent?!

You owned me with that!

Keep deflecting from the fact that you’re one of the biggest pussies here. Apparently after this you think he’s more of a total fraud but you’re still too scared to accept the original bet on his NFL success.

Pat yourself on the back for bravery!

TwistedChief
10-14-2023, 09:07 PM
Caleb was running for his life... Just like he will be in the NFL as a first overall selection as no one will trade that pick. Mahomes is great, but he also had the luck of Reid and the Chiefs moving up to get him with a playoff caliber team and organization.

Counterpoint to that is CJ Stroud. Playing behind not even just a meh OL but the backups to a meh OL and still very functional all around.

I think the craziest thing the Panthers did was including DJ Moore in that trade with the Bears. Fine to go all-out for the QB but you need some real weapons to properly judge him. The Bears at least understand that with Fields and overpaid for Claypool and then seemingly underpaid for Moore.

lewdog
10-14-2023, 09:26 PM

LMAO

OMG I spent money that means nothing to go to a football game! How will I ever survive this experience where I got an evening off from being a parent?!

You owned me with that!

Keep deflecting from the fact that you’re one of the biggest pussies here. Apparently after this you think he’s more of a total fraud but you’re still too scared to accept the original bet on his NFL success.

Pat yourself on the back for bravery!

Damn, what is this win/lose of this bet?

And I don't know how you watch Williams play against a legitimate defense in ND tonight and not take a bet if you already had doubts on him. Nothing he's doing screams high NFL talent to me.

BryanBusby
10-14-2023, 09:28 PM
Damn, what is this win/lose of this bet?

And I don't know how you watch Williams play against a legitimate defense in ND tonight and not take a bet if you already had doubts on him. Nothing he's doing screams high NFL talent to me.
Same. I've seen some comparisons to Luck and I just don't see it. Not even close.

The Bears would be smart to sell on that #1 pick if the hype maintains to the draft. They could set themselves for a long time, again.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2023, 09:32 PM
CP back to being retards about top quarterback draft picks once again I see

Buehler445
10-14-2023, 09:43 PM
Same. I've seen some comparisons to Luck and I just don't see it. Not even close.

The Bears would be smart to sell on that #1 pick if the hype maintains to the draft. They could set themselves for a long time, again.

He's being compared to Luck?

He's 6'1 215
Luck was 6'4 234

I can see comparisons to Mahomes. He does a lot of the off platform/movement stuff.

He doesn't do the stuff Luck did.

Unless it's a stone cold lock like Luck was.

That's weird.

staylor26
10-14-2023, 09:48 PM

I've never seen comparisons to Luck. I think it's just that people feel like he's a true generational QB prospect like Luck, and the only since.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-14-2023, 09:54 PM
He's being compared to Luck?

He's 6'1 215
Luck was 6'4 234

I can see comparisons to Mahomes. He does a lot of the off platform/movement stuff.

He doesn't do the stuff Luck did.

Unless it's a stone cold lock like Luck was.

That's weird.

And he's not really 6'1", as anyone with eyes can see. He's 6' max.

Best QBs 6' and under in the modern era?

1 Brees
2 Mr. UnLIMMMMited (Seahawks version of course)
3 Kyler "Resting Bitch Face" Murray

Hard to argue that Brees isn't Caleb's absolute ceiling. And there's nothing wrong with that. Brees is a lock HOFer.

But generational? The next Mahomes? 100% hype. Not seeing it at all.

BryanBusby
10-14-2023, 09:56 PM
I've never seen comparisons to Luck. I think it's just that people feel like he's a true generational QB prospect like Luck, and the only since.
Well not like compared by physical traits, but by being the most polished QB prospect since Luck.

Nope. Not even in the same atmosphere. There's some tools but yeah.

staylor26
10-14-2023, 09:59 PM
Well not like compared by physical traits, but by being the most polished QB prospect since Luck.

Nope. Not even in the same atmosphere. There's some tools but yeah.

I don't think he's as good of a prospect as Luck either.

But I like him more than I like Lawrence.

Burrow and him would be close.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-14-2023, 10:08 PM
Caleb Williams give me Dak vibes honestly. Penix reminds me of Mahomes

JohnnyV13
10-14-2023, 10:15 PM
It's damn unlikely that Caleb Williams is the next Mahomes. People who ask that question don't appreciate just how "generational" a talent Patrick Mahomes is for the Chiefs.

MAHOMES IS IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF IN NFL HISTORY. The way we keep stats creates an illusion that other QBs can compare to him. But in situational metrics, he's killing the entire NFL---even historically great QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees don't compare.

On this point, I'll present an article from Seth Keysor (Chief in the North Substack)

“Patrick Mahomes is breaking statistical analysis.”

I wrote those words almost two full years ago, when I wrote about how Mahomes has managed to dominate the league statistically in a way that causes him to break almost every single chart he’s a part of.

Since that time, one would expect that Mahomes’ statistical absurdity would cease, or at least slow down. After all, the NFL is designed to humble everyone and create parity. Multiple very talented quarterbacks have exploded onto the scene who should narrow the gap between Mahomes and the field. Defenses are gunning for the best way to slow down the Chiefs. He lost Tyreek Hill in a trade prior to the 2022 season.

All of these things should have led to a return to relative normalcy for Mahomes. But it hasn’t. Not even close. It seems like every other week or so a new chart shows up with Mahomes being placed so far above the field (and other elite quarterbacks) that he basically breaks the scale. We whistle in amazement and retweet/restack, and then move on.

Today, I’m going to do my best to put all the best of those charts in one place, and explain briefly what each of them mean in practice. The end point is that Patrick Mahomes remains, in a league full of terrific quarterbacks, an outlier. His distance from the field in meaningful measures of quarterback play should not ever be taken for granted, especially doing so over the course of 5 full years. In short; We’ve never seen anyone like this. And that’s what makes him The Outlier.

This is only the intro to a very long article. I'd post it here b/c Keysor has it unlocked on his substack b/c he's trying to use it to scare up subscriptions. (BTW, I'd recommend it). Plus, it has a huge number of charts that I'd don't know would embed well here.

One glance at these charts shows what an outlier he is. And, until I looked at them, I didn't quite grasp how off the charts Mahimes is for us. So clink the link, you won't be disappointed.

LINK: MAHOMES IS A DAMN UNICORN! (https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/the-outlier-part-2-patrick-mahomes)

Buehler445
10-14-2023, 10:19 PM
Caleb Williams give me Dak vibes honestly. Penix reminds me of Mahomes

Penix doesn't have anywhere near as quick of release as Mahomes.

I think he's damn good, but he doesn't have the tools in the toolbox Mahomes does.

I like the accuracy. I think he's going to be a good player.

Buehler445
10-14-2023, 10:29 PM
If you look at Williams, Penix, May, and Nix all have the physical tools to be successful. It will all come down to their capacity to process and develop as a player.

I guess it isn't ALL that, some dude getting picked up by Fuckhole Belicheat probably isn't going to succeed. Health and landing spot matter too.

But these dudes can all sling it well enough.

MagicHef
10-14-2023, 10:43 PM
Penix doesn't have anywhere near as quick of release as Mahomes.

I think he's damn good, but he doesn't have the tools in the toolbox Mahomes does.

I like the accuracy. I think he's going to be a good player.

I like Penix, but I’d always be worried about the impending season ending injury.

MagicHef
10-14-2023, 10:43 PM
If you look at Williams, Penix, May, and Nix all have the physical tools to be successful. It will all come down to their capacity to process and develop as a player.

I guess it isn't ALL that, some dude getting picked up by Fuckhole Belicheat probably isn't going to succeed. Health and landing spot matter too.

But these dudes can all sling it well enough.

Have you watched Riley Leonard?

Buehler445
10-14-2023, 11:42 PM
Have you watched Riley Leonard?

I have not.

UChieffyBugger
10-15-2023, 06:42 AM

Lol is this guy really brown nosing a small system qb who is carried by his coach and teammates? OK :evil:

Balto
10-15-2023, 08:00 AM
Maybe Texas A&M Johnny Manziel is a better comparison?

BryanBusby
10-15-2023, 08:08 AM
No way. Manziel oddly came up in big moments while not giving a slight fuck about football.

Maybe Kyler Murray

Eleazar
10-15-2023, 08:28 AM
Not that Williams is done or anything after one bad game, but calling someone "the next Mahomes" is eventually going to take on the look of a Madden curse

Bwana
10-15-2023, 08:29 AM
I missed the game and just went and found the 12 minute highlight version. Here you go, for anyone who wants to check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceHYSOoDl0A?si=6oYXXMRLwUrSpet2" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRedChief
10-15-2023, 08:52 AM
If this was the year we had the 1st pick, we'd all be dancing in the streets at the possibilities. Instead of taking a LT.

Every "new" QB that has some talent to play in the NFL seems to get that "he is like Mahomes" label. We all know different. There is only one Mahomes.

Rainbarrel
10-15-2023, 09:05 AM
Maybe he wants to be picked 10th too. Not unreasonable under the circumstances

TEX
10-15-2023, 09:16 AM
And he's not really 6'1", as anyone with eyes can see. He's 6' max.

Best QBs 6' and under in the modern era?

1 Brees
2 Mr. UnLIMMMMited (Seahawks version of course)
3 Kyler "Resting Bitch Face" Murray

Hard to argue that Brees isn't Caleb's absolute ceiling. And there's nothing wrong with that. Brees is a lock HOFer.

But generational? The next Mahomes? 100% hype. Not seeing it at all.

Exactly. He's 6' max. Im 6' 1" and I recently met him at an American Cancer Society event. Surprisingly, I was looking down at him when we spoke and shook hands. The guy is not small, he's actually ptetty stout. But he's not 6' 1". He was very gracious and humble. Did a LOT for the event, and spent a great deal of time with the kids who had cancer. Seems like a really good dude.

FloridaMan88
02-01-2024, 03:14 PM
How it started with Reeruned Caleb Williams fan boys…

Yeah, I’ve heard him interviewed before and he displayed a lot of humility. Everyone asks him about comparisons to Mahomes.

And how it’s going…

Link: https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-news/caleb-williams-says-theres-nothing-patrick-mahomes-can-do-that-he-cant-do/536769/?amp=1

Caleb Williams says there's nothing Patrick Mahomes can do that he can't do

One debate circling the NFL leading up to the 2024 NFL draft is whether or not USC's Caleb Williams is a generational talent at quarterback. Is he worth all the hoopla?

From his perspective, he believes there's nothing he can't do on the football field. He even dared to say he can do as much as the best quarterback in the NFL.

"Everybody watches Patrick [Mahomes] and sees all the cool things he can do," Williams told CBS Sports. "I always said, even in high school, that I don't think there's anything ... obviously, it's special, but I don't think there's anything that I can't do that he's doing out there. I think it's really cool. Like I said, I have comparisons of a bunch of other people to have. Patrick is pretty cool.

DRM08
02-01-2024, 03:22 PM
Mahomes is a lot more than a physically talented guy. He’s a great leader for his teammates. He takes the blame even when it might not be entirely his fault. He has the humility to work hard on improving his flaws over time.

I see Kyler Murray’s negative personality traits in Caleb Williams. Time will tell if he can live up to the hype.

MahomesKnows
02-01-2024, 03:25 PM
If you're comparing yourself to Mahomes, you're no Mahomes. Part of what makes him great is his humility.

jerryaldini
02-01-2024, 03:29 PM
If you're comparing yourself to Mahomes, you're no Mahomes. Part of what makes him great is his humility.

That's what I love about Stroud. You can see the genuine humility and gratitude for what he's been gifted. Hoping he can ascend to number 2.

FloridaMan88
02-01-2024, 03:38 PM
That's what I love about Stroud. You can see the genuine humility and gratitude for what he's been gifted. Hoping he can ascend to number 2.

Yep… Stroud has humility despite being a way more accomplished QB in college than massive underachieving loser Caleb Willams was.

In any game that Caleb played in when the opposing team had equal or better talent he choked.

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-01-2024, 03:44 PM
I missed the game and just went and found the 12 minute highlight version. Here you go, for anyone who wants to check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceHYSOoDl0A?si=6oYXXMRLwUrSpet2" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol he looks like Kyler Murray there... he really is shorter than i thought.

stevegroganfan
02-01-2024, 03:45 PM
Very tough to succeed in the NFL as a short QB. Even Mahomes has to move around the pocket to find throwing angles more than a 6"4 to 6"5 QB.

Williams doesn't have to be Mahomes to be worthy of the #1 pick but I have my doubts that he is ever a legit top 10 QB.

If he was 6"3 with that same arm and feet, I'd like his chances a lot more.

Urc Burry
02-01-2024, 04:07 PM
I do not envy the decision Poles’ is going to have to make. The size, the ego, and even the helicopter dad…

I still probably take Caleb. But I’d be scared shitless. I’m at least taking phone calls

I just don’t see him being humble enough to take the coaching when things aren’t going his way. Not a lot of guys are like Pat, where they can just change their entire play style over the course of a season to help the team win

Titty Meat
02-01-2024, 05:46 PM
He's a great QB

Imon Yourside
02-01-2024, 05:57 PM

And how it’s going…

Link: https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-news/caleb-williams-says-theres-nothing-patrick-mahomes-can-do-that-he-cant-do/536769/?amp=1

Ryan Leaf 2.0

Mile High Mania
02-01-2024, 06:25 PM
I don’t know much about Williams, but I think he will fail to live up to the hype and has more drama than I would care to have on a team.

Bearcat
02-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Hey, another thread where 88's super triggered over something.... that's only like 6 this week.

FlaChief58
02-01-2024, 06:33 PM
With everything that's coming out about him, I wouldn't be surprised if he busts

ThyKingdomCome15
02-01-2024, 06:51 PM
Mahomes has ridiculous instincts to go with his talent. So no.

TwistedChief
02-01-2024, 07:22 PM

And how it’s going…

You’re such a clown.

You said he’d be like Mark Sanchez. I said he’d be voted to a Pro Bowl in his first three years - not as an alternate. (I never once said he’d be anything like Mahomes.)

I offered you a bet on this. Money bet of any size. Ban bet here for a year. Your choice. You slinked away from it. The rest of his season was forgettable, giving you better odds. I stuck to the offer and you were still afraid to take it.

Please bump more threads where you’re a complete coward. Nothing more impressive than having strong opinions on the internet that you’re afraid to back up with literally anything.

(Can’t wait for your short and sad reply that ends with some emoticon where you feel as if you’ve accomplished something or owned me. You might be the saddest poster here.)

Stryker
02-01-2024, 07:34 PM
Not a chance.

Red Dawg
02-01-2024, 07:38 PM
He's got a bad attitude. Leadership is crap. Bust.

FringeNC
02-01-2024, 07:42 PM
Last year, I thought he was the next great QB. This year, not so much. Whatever his name -- the backup who started the bowl game -- his performance in that game has to give the Bears a bit of a pause.

staylor26
02-01-2024, 07:46 PM
You’re such a clown.

You said he’d be like Mark Sanchez. I said he’d be voted to a Pro Bowl in his first three years - not as an alternate. (I never once said he’d be anything like Mahomes.)

I offered you a bet on this. Money bet of any size. Ban bet here for a year. Your choice. You slinked away from it. The rest of his season was forgettable, giving you better odds. I stuck to the offer and you were still afraid to take it.

Please bump more threads where you’re a complete coward. Nothing more impressive than having strong opinions on the internet that you’re afraid to back up with literally anything.

(Can’t wait for your short and sad reply that ends with some emoticon where you feel as if you’ve accomplished something or owned me. You might be the saddest poster here.)

Curious if you're still as high on Caleb?

I've cooled on him a bit, but still think he should go #1.

TwistedChief
02-01-2024, 07:51 PM
Curious if you're still as high on Caleb?

I've cooled on him a bit, but still think he should go #1.

It would be hard to be. He regressed and didn’t perform as he had before. Whether that’s the line or the talent alongside him or the coaching or whatever, he clearly wasn’t as “generational.”

I still think he’s definitely going first because he does have a lot of that “it” factor that just makes plays. But yeah, it’s not quite what it was when this thread began.

I still would’ve easily taken him ahead of the QBs in the last couple
drafts (and yes, it would’ve been a potential mistake given Stroud’s performance, but you won’t find anyone rating him ahead of Caleb).

FloridaMan88
02-01-2024, 07:53 PM
You’re such a clown.

And yet you didn’t.

You proclaimed that he would be “1B”, right behind Mahomes in the pantheon of top QB’s.

He's damned good and he seems to be wired the right way.

I wouldn't put anyone even close to Mahomes but he could easily work his way into the top of the 1b conversation with Burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Lawrence.

There is a big difference between the likes of Joe Burrow/Josh Allen… and Tyler Huntley (i.e. a QB who made the Pro Bowl during the first three seasons of his career).

The fact you moved the goal posts confirms that you are a gutless fraud. LMAO

Bowser
02-01-2024, 07:54 PM
Mahomes is a lot more than a physically talented guy. He’s a great leader for his teammates. He takes the blame even when it might not be entirely his fault. He has the humility to work hard on improving his flaws over time.

I see Kyler Murray’s negative personality traits in Caleb Williams. Time will tell if he can live up to the hype.

I've never once heard Mahomes talk about Brady and say "I can do what Tom did", even with all the hype with him chasing Brady's post season records. He's always spoken with near reverence in regard to Brady, and never given a backhanded compliment like "he's really cool, though". Mahomes never acted that cocky before getting drafted.

Williams is young, so maybe he'll figure it out with the right coaches and environment. But he's got a way to go.

Frazod
02-01-2024, 07:58 PM
I'm old enough to remember when whoever the flavor-of-the-week college QB was was going to be the next Montana. That never happened, either.

It was especially funny when Notre Dame fans automatically assumed that whoever their starter was would be the next Montana. They pretty much stopped saying that after Rick Mirer. LMAO

big nasty kcnut
02-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Nope. Also man up you think you're pat then prove it go to Chicago. Try to win there unless you're scurr.

TwistedChief
02-01-2024, 08:02 PM
And yet you didn’t.

You proclaimed that he would be “1B”, right behind Mahomes in the pantheon of top QB’s.

There is a big difference between the likes of Joe Burrow/Josh Allen… and Tyler Huntley (i.e. a QB who made the Pro Bowl during the first three seasons of his career).

The fact you moved the goal posts confirms that you are a gutless fraud. LMAO

Ah, yes. Classic post by a classic loser. We've already established that Tyler Huntley was a 5th alternate who made the Pro Bowl. I don't know how many times I can post how clearly that's not the bet we're making. And how many times you either ignore it because you lack the mental competence or just do out of convenience.

You are a complete coward. He makes it voted in. Top 3 QB voted in one of his first years as a non-alternate. I have posted this over and over and over again. Tyler Huntley doesn't count.

Do, you, understand?

You're probably the most pathetic person on this entire message board. Please respond with more emoticons showing your insecurity.

FloridaMan88
02-01-2024, 08:02 PM
I'm old enough to remember when whoever the flavor-of-the-week college QB was was going to be the next Montana. That never happened, either.

It was especially funny when Notre Dame fans automatically assumed that whoever their starter was would be the next Montana. They pretty much stopped saying that after Rick Mirer. LMAO

Ron Powlus was supposed to win multiple Heisman’s according to Beano Cook.

Titty Meat
02-01-2024, 09:14 PM
Some of you over thinking this as a prospect hes fantastic has enough mobility and can make every throw. As "bad" as he was at times this year he only threw 5 picks. Yes he was horrible against Notre Dame. How about a really good Washington team? Riley and his love for Alex Grinch was the albatross

Pitt Gorilla
02-01-2024, 09:24 PM
No.

BossChief
02-02-2024, 01:10 AM
Based on physical skills alone, he’s probably in the Pat n Josh group.

In the leadership group, I think he’s going to rub a lot of vets the wrong way if he doesn’t win while adding a little humble to his vibe.

In terms of physical stature, he’s in the “young Russ” category and I do think it will limit sone of the things he’s been effective at in college, but won’t fly in the nfl. The OL are all monsters at this level and he probably measures in right a 6’. I can see a lot of his throws getting batted/tipped at the line.

DRM08
02-02-2024, 01:19 AM
At the moment I think CJ Stroud is the younger guy to really watch. He is just 1 month older than Caleb Williams, but Stroud already has a great rookie season in the NFL under his belt. Bright, bright future for the Houston Texans with Stroud.

ChiefsFanatic
02-02-2024, 01:24 AM
Has anyone said No yet?

kccrow
02-02-2024, 01:25 AM
Fuck no he's not the next Mahomes. Period. Period. Period.

BossChief
02-02-2024, 01:39 AM
The guy could end up being Jeff George.

So I bet Whitlock loves him.

FloridaMan88
02-02-2024, 01:55 AM
Some of you over thinking this as a prospect hes fantastic has enough mobility and can make every throw. As "bad" as he was at times this year he only threw 5 picks. Yes he was horrible against Notre Dame. How about a really good Washington team? Riley and his love for Alex Grinch was the albatross

Washington’s defense was mediocre.

FloridaMan88
02-02-2024, 01:57 AM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">REPORT: <br><br>USC Caleb Williams reportedly does not want the Chicago Bears to pick him.<br><br>Williams would like to play with the Commanders or Raiders. <a href="https://t.co/6QlcNIMDC5">pic.twitter.com/6QlcNIMDC5</a></p>&mdash; NFL Rumors (@nflrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1753306380201759201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
02-02-2024, 06:03 AM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">REPORT: <br><br>USC Caleb Williams reportedly does not want the Chicago Bears to pick him.<br><br>Williams would like to play with the Commanders or Raiders. <a href="https://t.co/6QlcNIMDC5">pic.twitter.com/6QlcNIMDC5</a></p>&mdash; NFL Rumors (@nflrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1753306380201759201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>**** that. The Raiders are fine just the way they are.

No way the NFL is going to allow Caleb to choose his team. If that happens, more will follow. Then you'd have an unbalanced league. Plus, the NFL doesn't need Caleb. the NFL has plenty of young QB's that the public are interested in seeing.

The NFL has gotten so huge and powerful that even an Elway level player in
2024 is not going to be allowed to chose a team. It would be bad for the shield.

Raiders and him want each other, trade up and pay the price.

Skyy God
02-02-2024, 06:04 AM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">REPORT: <br><br>USC Caleb Williams reportedly does not want the Chicago Bears to pick him.<br><br>Williams would like to play with the Commanders or Raiders. <a href="https://t.co/6QlcNIMDC5">pic.twitter.com/6QlcNIMDC5</a></p>&mdash; NFL Rumors (@nflrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1753306380201759201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well sure.

The Bears are where QBs go to die.

seamonster
02-02-2024, 07:33 AM
At the moment I think CJ Stroud is the younger guy to really watch. He is just 1 month older than Caleb Williams, but Stroud already has a great rookie season in the NFL under his belt. Bright, bright future for the Houston Texans with Stroud.

CJ Stroud is a prototypical pocket passer. Not a lot of Mahomes in his game. His comp is Justin Herbert, and like Herbert he had a monster rookie season but if he loses that coordinator he could have some of the same struggles Herbert went through.

DTHOF
02-02-2024, 08:47 AM
No one is the next Mahomes

pugsnotdrugs19
02-02-2024, 08:54 AM
I refuse to believe the kid is wanting to go to Mahomes division where Herbert, Harbaugh, and Payton also reside.

That would be so dumb.

RunKC
02-02-2024, 08:59 AM
Kliff Kingsbury to the Raiders. I think they'll try to trade the farm for him. Ultimately I think Caleb will cry and go to DC

RedinTexas
02-02-2024, 09:01 AM
**** that. The Raiders are fine just the way they are.

No way the NFL is going to allow Caleb to choose his team. If that happens, more will follow. Then you'd have an unbalanced league. Plus, the NFL doesn't need Caleb. the NFL has plenty of young QB's that the public are interested in seeing.

The NFL has gotten so huge and powerful that even an Elway level player in
2024 is not going to be allowed to chose a team. It would be bad for the shield.

Raiders and him want each other, trade up and pay the price.

Don't the Raiders pick at #13? If he's going #1, trading up will cost them a ton. I looked up a draft chart and it says #13 is 1150 points while #1 is 3000 points. Sounds like a deal that Kevin Costner would negotiate. It would be easier to trade up from #32 to #13 than from #13 to #1.

Bwana
02-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Williams puts out such a douche vibe.

stevieray
02-02-2024, 09:14 AM
LMAO

There can only be one.

tredadda
02-02-2024, 09:25 AM
LMAO

Not that I agree, but DC does make sense as he is from there.

penguinz
02-02-2024, 09:29 AM
I have a feeling that Caleb is going to end up being a major bust in the NFL. Too mentally weak.

staylor26
02-02-2024, 09:49 AM
LMAO

Zero chance the Bears trade that far back. At the very least, they will get Marvin Harrison Jr. or one of the other QBs.

Mecca
02-02-2024, 12:16 PM
Dude is from DC so I get that.

FloridaMan88
02-02-2024, 12:34 PM
Williams puts out such a douche vibe.

Painting his nails “F Utah”, only to have Utah curb stomp him, refusing to speak to the media this year, comparing himself to Mahomes, and now potentially demanding Chicago to not draft him.

Kid is a loser.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-02-2024, 12:42 PM
Very tough to succeed in the NFL as a short QB. Even Mahomes has to move around the pocket to find throwing angles more than a 6"4 to 6"5 QB.

Williams doesn't have to be Mahomes to be worthy of the #1 pick but I have my doubts that he is ever a legit top 10 QB.

If he was 6"3 with that same arm and feet, I'd like his chances a lot more.

Brees, Russell Wilson, and to a certain extent, Kyler. That's basically it in the modern era.

I've been talking about his lack of height in all the threads devoted to him. I'm just not seeing what all the hype is about. Sure he can rack up stats against mediocre teams and make some off-platform throws - but being compared to Mahomes? Not seeing that at all.

Pablo
02-10-2024, 07:23 AM
Jesus. Just look at this fruit. I’m rooting so hard for his failure

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240210/881f4b512f5fb79112f847d2caacd104.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240210/a8de232579b7499008d5b21da8e2eed2.jpg

staylor26
02-10-2024, 09:22 AM
Coming out the closet to force the Bears to trade is bold.

BigRedChief
02-10-2024, 09:26 AM
For his whole career, there will always be the next Mahomes coming.

Chiefspants
02-10-2024, 09:45 AM
Caleb Williams is Patrick Mahomes without that dawg in him.

Will have some awesome Mahomesian highlights, but with inexplicable 4th quarter collapses that always manage to be someone else’s fault.

RunKC
02-10-2024, 09:53 AM
Drake Maye is better than him

RealSNR
02-10-2024, 09:55 AM
Yes. Caleb Williams is the next Mahomes.

Jackson Mahomes, that is.

Mecca
02-10-2024, 09:55 AM

Actually he's not, Lance Zuerlein was talking about how a lot of scouts do not like Maye and it's very possible he's this years Levis, dropping like a rock.

Pablo
02-10-2024, 10:10 AM
Yes. Caleb Williams is the next Mahomes.

Jackson Mahomes, that is.

LMAO

Nobody likes the idea of their qb legitimately chugging cock.

neech
02-10-2024, 10:17 AM
No, my first name ain't baby
It's Caleb, Miss Jackson if you're nasty

RunKC
02-10-2024, 10:25 AM
Actually he's not, Lance Zuerlein was talking about how a lot of scouts do not like Maye and it's very possible he's this years Levis, dropping like a rock.

Oh brother. Yes a QB who looks just like Herbert as a prospect is gonna fall. This is typical garbage talk. Just like how people are saying Caleb Williams isn't anything special

Kiimo
02-10-2024, 11:12 AM
LMAO

Nobody likes the idea of their qb legitimately chugging cock.

Being bi is nowhere close to being the reason people don't like Jackson

Well, the normal people

FloridaMan88
02-10-2024, 12:09 PM

Sam Howell 2.0.

stevegroganfan
02-10-2024, 12:22 PM
Pocket passing is still very important and that is part of the reason I would bet against Caleb Williams being a great NFL QB. If he is trying to play hero ball on a weekly basis in the NFL, he will have a tough time even being an average starter in the NFL.

He could be a literal clone of Patrick Mahomes and he isn't going to be the next Mahomes in terms of stats/winning in over 99% likelihood if he is drafted by the Chicago Bears.

I doubt the guy is as good as Mahomes since height for an NFL QB actually matters but even if he was a clone, what are the chances he gets to start off his career with players comparable to Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Watkins, a good offensive line and Andy Reid? Are the 49ers going to trade up again to the top 1-3? Obviously, not.

Williams probably gets drafted by the Chicago Bears. That team is going to depress his numbers a bit.

BWillie
02-10-2024, 12:24 PM

If Jackson Mahomes were good at football, he would be Caleb Williams

staylor26
02-10-2024, 12:39 PM
Sam Howell 2.0.

Lazy comparison.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-10-2024, 12:54 PM
Sam Brinton 2.0.

fyp

FloridaMan88
02-10-2024, 01:03 PM
If you want your franchise QB to wear a dress and paint “his”nails… Caleb is your “man”.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-10-2024, 01:49 PM
Gayleb Williams

Pinchshot
02-10-2024, 01:56 PM
Bust. He won't be the best QB of his draft.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2024, 01:59 PM

He's a soft bitch

Hark Clunt
02-10-2024, 02:47 PM
dude needs to come out already

Pasta Little Brioni
02-10-2024, 02:49 PM
Bust written all over him