PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jawaan taylor

Pages : [1] 2

Oh Snap
09-07-2023, 09:45 PM
Gives me a damn near heart attack watching him false start every fucking snap that they pass. Then when they run he's up on the line. I guess if teams don't watch the tape they'll miss it. So there's that

KC Hawks
09-07-2023, 09:46 PM
Him lining up that far back will probably start getting flagged now since NBC made a big deal about it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-07-2023, 09:47 PM
Him lining up that far back will probably start getting flagged now since NBC made a big deal about it.

I'm honestly not sure it's much different than many other tackles.

chiefs7772004
How does our scouting department miss this?

KCUnited
Now that TNF put it on everyone’s radar, I expect it to get called

Dude looked like Dee Ford as a RT

comochiefsfan
09-07-2023, 09:48 PM
Lane Johnson has made a hall of fame career out of that.

Jawaan lining up off the ball is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down my list of concerns.

L.A. Chieffan
He needs to chill on it a little. Don't do it every snap otherwise it'll turn into one of those Dee Ford type penalties

BryanBusby
Chargers did it for years. Never a peep.

ThyKingdomCome15
Still looked good.

Chiefspants
You do what you can do until they tell you otherwise

The man prevented Hutchinson from killing Patrick Mahomes today. That’s a +1 in my book.

wazu
09-07-2023, 09:49 PM
He got away with it. What's the complaint?

Gary Cooper
He's going to pull a Dee Ford if we're not careful.

BWillie

Yeah I was disappointed they made such a big deal about it. Now all the refs will be triple checking and making ticky tack calls.

Other than that he looked the part to me.

chiefs7772004
I'm honestly not sure it's much different than many other tackles.

Name another one? I'm not sure that I can. And I ask this respectfully. I've been drinking so excuse me if it comes off wrong.

Rain Man
09-07-2023, 09:50 PM
He needs to chill on it a little. Don't do it every snap otherwise it'll turn into one of those Dee Ford type penalties

You mean like getting called for it on 3rd and 20 at the end of the game?

Oh Snap
09-07-2023, 09:51 PM
He got away with it. What's the complaint?

Refs start flagging it in key pivotal games

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2023, 09:51 PM

Well in the playoffs, and in a much more manageable down and distance. But yeah

DRM08
09-07-2023, 09:52 PM
NBC didn’t seem to care when Taylor was doing this same stuff for Jacksonville in the playoff game last year. Now that he’s doing it for KC, it’s time to make a big deal of it??

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2023, 09:56 PM
If we're talking about OL , the hold call against Donovan Smith was really what killed them on that drive.

Titty Meat
09-07-2023, 09:57 PM
You're knit picking bro he was fine

Sassy Squatch
09-07-2023, 09:58 PM
He does need to make it A BIT less obvious when we're running compared to when we're passing.

Simply Red
09-07-2023, 09:59 PM
IMO Looks like he'd be a sweetheart too!

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2023, 10:00 PM

He's got a nice smile, not gonna lie

JohnnyHammersticks
Gives me a damn near heart attack watching him false start every fucking snap that they pass. Then when they run he's up on the line. I guess if teams don't watch the tape they'll miss it. So there's that

Bingo. I had the exact same thought. Like a pitcher tipping his pitches. Very obvious and he needs to clean that up before next game.

BWillie

It was an annoying time to get it at such a pivotal moment but 3rd and 20 vs 3rd and 25? Whats the difference. At that point trying to cheat an extra millisecond for more time to get Mahomes to unleash a bomb is probably a good risk reward.

dlphg9
Lane Johnson got his dick sucked for it last year and we were told how he was such a savvy vet

wazu
09-07-2023, 10:02 PM
Refs start flagging it in key pivotal games

Okay, so we are bitching about flags that haven't been thrown yet? Am I reading that right?

JohnnyHammersticks
09-07-2023, 10:05 PM
As long as they don't call it I don't give a crap. The disparity between where he lines up on running plays vs passing plays is my problem with him.

But besides that he played decently.

Titty Meat
09-07-2023, 10:08 PM

That's very nice of you to say!

RealSNR
09-07-2023, 10:59 PM
Yeah, and Tom Nalen used to false start every fucking time he snapped the ball.

If there's a ref that doesn't like that shit, they'll typically give a warning.

Who fucking cares?

Pepe Silvia
09-07-2023, 11:04 PM
NBC didn’t seem to care when Taylor was doing this same stuff for Jacksonville in the playoff game last year. Now that he’s doing it for KC, it’s time to make a big deal of it??

You know it.

-King-
09-07-2023, 11:10 PM
I mean, that was the reason Bosa almost got ejected last year and they did the same break downs of how he gets away with it. And we spent a whole game thread talking about it during our game with them. It's something we'll have to live with. Hopefully they don't call it too much but yeah, I really wish he wouldn't do that shit at all.

Bump
09-07-2023, 11:38 PM
if they never called it then is it illegal? It sure seemed legal to do for Lane johnson during the Superbowl

Hammock Parties
09-07-2023, 11:40 PM
elite RT

saphojunkie
09-07-2023, 11:47 PM
He's going to pull a Dee Ford if we're not careful.

Impossible, given the nature of false start

jettio
09-07-2023, 11:54 PM
The penalty seemed like the only one where he actually moved before snap.

Coaches and game officials have been watching his tape the last couple years and the reason it is not called is because when they watch his game tape and analyze his movement compared to the snap of the ball, he nearly always times it well.

BWillie
09-08-2023, 01:15 AM

Coaches and game officials have been watching his tape the last couple years and the reason it is not called is because when they watch his game tape and analyze his movement compared to the snap of the ball, he nearly always times it well.

He must have the quickest reflexes ever

JPH83
09-08-2023, 01:26 AM
elite RT

Nah, very good pass protector, poor run blocker. I like him a LOT more than Wylie but we're paying him Lane Johnson money and he's not at that level, yet.

A Salt Weapon
09-08-2023, 01:31 AM
If we're talking about OL , the hold call against Donovan Smith was really what killed them on that drive.

Yeah, but that hold kept Mahomes from getting lit up, when they showed the replay of it, it was like yep, atta boy though, ten yards is better than an injured superstar in week 1.

lawrenceRaider
09-08-2023, 05:01 AM

Nah, I've only ever seen flags thrown on the Raiders for the tackles lining up too far back.

InChiefsHeaven
09-08-2023, 05:07 AM

I think there was one where he really got away with a presnap move, but other than that, he's just got it down pretty cold. And, it's the least of our problems.

KCUnited
09-08-2023, 06:48 AM
Collinworth saying "Jawaan Taylor playing slot receiver" was pretty funny

kysirsoze
09-08-2023, 07:08 AM

No, you do it every time. If you're inconsistent that's when you get flagged. Lots of tackles do this. I'm glad we have one talking advantage of it.

Rainbarrel
09-08-2023, 07:50 AM
He and Humphrey will bring back Dancing with Stars or INSYNC

BleedingRed
09-08-2023, 07:52 AM
No, you do it every time. If you're inconsistent that's when you get flagged. Lots of tackles do this. I'm glad we have one talking advantage of it.

Lane Johnson is the best example of this. He looks like he is moving early EVERY play.

Our O-Line was miles better at pass protection. Smith/Taylor were great in pass pro last night.

I shudder at the thought of OBJ vs #97... Mahomes would be on IR today.

Gary Cooper
09-08-2023, 07:54 AM
Collinsworth made a good point about defenses knowing when we're running if Taylor is lined up closer to the LOS than on passing plays.

jerryaldini
09-08-2023, 08:00 AM
The one time he got called he flinched when a defender moved. He was excellent last night in pass pro.

Garcia Bronco
09-08-2023, 08:08 AM
He was lining up in a legal formation almost all night and false starting almost all night. I think it's criminal that they waited till the 4th quarter to call it.

Coochie liquor
09-08-2023, 08:12 AM

Funny enough, if you watch the Dee Ford offsides play, the Pats tackle is lined up in exact that position, far off the line. Always thought it shoulda been offsetting penalties, but wouldn’t have mattered.

JimNasium
09-08-2023, 08:33 AM
Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of the fact that ‘Oh snap’ started this thread?

Iczer
09-08-2023, 08:44 AM
Like everyone said, he's been doing it successfully without getting called. I was mad about that 3rd and 20, but the replay showed he started even earlier and was pretty clear it was a false start. I'm not too worried about it.

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Quit worrying about Taylor, lol.

Dude was so good they had to rush Hutchinson from the inside. LMAO, what we talkin' about here dudes? Get off his nuts.

AdolfOliverBush
09-08-2023, 09:15 AM
I thought he looked good after the snap. He was quick, aggressive, and seems to be even stronger than he looks.

mabbott
09-08-2023, 09:23 AM
The amount of people that think they know the rules better than the people playing or enforcing them is sad. He is know for this, he is good at this, it has been analyzed and proven to not be a penalty.

Get over yourself, we have a RT that kept an outstanding DE at bay all game. And as Detoxing put out, they had to move him inside to get him to be more effective. That just shows how good he is!

I get it, we lost the game, people are down about it... It just shows how spoiled we are with how much the Chiefs win!

I'm happy with the o-line. Well played.

jettio
09-08-2023, 09:25 AM
He must have the quickest reflexes ever

If he is using the same cue as the center, all he needs is a center that is consistent in responding to the cue and match that response.

Oh Snap
09-08-2023, 11:49 AM
The amount of people that think they know the rules better than the people playing or enforcing them is sad. He is know for this, he is good at this, it has been analyzed and proven to not be a penalty.

Get over yourself, we have a RT that kept an outstanding DE at bay all game. And as Detoxing put out, they had to move him inside to get him to be more effective. That just shows how good he is!

I get it, we lost the game, people are down about it... It just shows how spoiled we are with how much the Chiefs win!

I'm happy with the o-line. Well played.

Here's where his style of play gets us in trouble. Games that matter. I don't wanna be in the playoffs and the refs call back a game clinching touchdown because they decided to insert themselves into the outcome of the game by flagging him on something he's done all season.

And befire you say that won't happen, we all saw it happen against dee Ford in the 2018 championship game. He had been lining up that way all season long on defense, and several times throughout the night if that game, and they only called it on the one pivotal play that virtually woulda iced the game after Tom thru the pick.

morphius
09-08-2023, 11:57 AM
Part of what was interesting was in some of those examples they were trying to use about how it was illegal he was timed up with the ball perfectly. Also noticed a couple of time our center starts backs a bit further as he looks around, and then moved up. Which might be why he isn't getting flagged for being too far back.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2023, 12:21 PM
Do people really think he played bad?

HC_Chief
09-08-2023, 12:23 PM

Swayed by the dipshit talking heads last night.

morphius
09-08-2023, 12:25 PM

I think it had a lot to do with him being called out by the yapping heads on TV. Now Trey Smith on the other hand, gah.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Swayed by the dipshit talking heads last night.

I've seen RTs for the Rams, Chargers, Jags...etc over the last couple years and that's just by memory get by with EXACTLY the same against KC and no one cared

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-08-2023, 12:27 PM
I know Whylie would have gotten abused last night...

HC_Chief
09-08-2023, 12:28 PM
I know Whylie would have gotten abused last night...

OMG, Mahomes would likely be in traction today

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2023, 12:29 PM
The Rams false started all night in that legendary shootout more obviously than that it was both tackles and it never got called. Never brought up in the broadcast

Pepe Silvia
09-08-2023, 12:31 PM
The Rams false started all night in that legendary shootout more obviously than that it was both tackles and it never got called. Never brought up in the broadcast

It’s only a problem when the Chiefs do it.

lcarus
09-08-2023, 12:33 PM
I've been saying since at least last season that the refs have been a lot more tolerant of false starts and illegal procedure . Particularly the tackles. I could probably dig up the post. I saw it in most games I watched. But now the Chiefs signed a tackle that does it and everyone loses their minds.

The NFL obviously intented for it to be this way. Probably in an effort to protect the QBs more.

GeorgeZimZam
09-08-2023, 01:35 PM
🤔

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark" data-dnt="true" align="left"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Lions knew if the Chiefs were running or throwing because of this lineman’s foot 😨 <a href="https://t.co/Q48TjqAC1W">pic.twitter.com/Q48TjqAC1W</a></p>&mdash; Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1700229265780781268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO
09-08-2023, 01:47 PM
BAWAAN!!!!!!!

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 02:14 PM
🤔

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark" data-dnt="true" align="left"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Lions knew if the Chiefs were running or throwing because of this lineman’s foot 😨 <a href="https://t.co/Q48TjqAC1W">pic.twitter.com/Q48TjqAC1W</a></p>&mdash; Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1700229265780781268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh FFS.

The whole offensive line's alignment is a tip off that it's in a passing set. The Chiefs weren't trying to hide it.

Both tackles are CLEARLY in a passing down stance.

Collinsworth makes one fucking comment on National TV and now everyone is an expert.

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 02:15 PM
God that video is irritating. He even referenced Chris Collinsworth. Fuck me.

GET OFF TAYLOR'S NUTS.

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 02:17 PM
We have a QB in shotgun and an entire Oline in a pass blocking stance and we wanna talk about Taylor's right fucking foot as some sort of tip off.

Motherfuck...

Danguardace
09-08-2023, 02:31 PM
This was absolutely embarrassing I dont care if others have gotten away with it.

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 02:34 PM
This was absolutely embarrassing I dont care if others have gotten away with it.

?

Lol, he did nothing wrong. Dude got called for ONE false start. The Refs were RIGHT THERE, clearly they had no problem with it.

Fuck Chris Collinsworth.

Danguardace
09-08-2023, 02:37 PM
?

Lol, he did nothing wrong. Dude got called for ONE false start. The Refs were RIGHT THERE, clearly they had no problem with it.

**** Chris Collinsworth.

I dont care it is cheating, If Andrew Wylie doesn't need to do it a 20m dollar tackle shouldn't

ModSocks
09-08-2023, 02:38 PM
I dont care it is cheating, If Andrew Wylie doesn't need to do it a 20m dollar tackle shouldn't

Yeah....it's not cheating.

BryanBusby
09-08-2023, 02:41 PM

Wyle should fucking consider starting to do it.

raybec 4
09-08-2023, 02:45 PM

You sir, are an idiot.

Easy 6
09-08-2023, 02:50 PM
🤔

He did an excellent job last night, but yeah that painfully obvious tell has got to GO

Discuss Thrower
09-08-2023, 02:52 PM
You're tempting fate if your playing style runs right up against the textbook definition of a penalty.

Danguardace
09-09-2023, 02:59 AM
You sir, are an idiot.
What does that make you then?

JPH83
09-09-2023, 04:17 AM
I'd still be interested to know how much they expected Taylor to shift to LT, and whether they try it again next off-season. If he's our long term RT it's a lot of money and really means prioritising and hitting on a LT early next draft. We essentially have the same areas of need as last offseason, LT and WR.

Abba-Dabba
09-09-2023, 04:28 AM
I'd still be interested to know how much they expected Taylor to shift to LT, and whether they try it again next off-season. If he's our long term RT it's a lot of money and really means prioritising and hitting on a LT early next draft. We essentially have the same areas of need as last offseason, LT and WR.

Eek, that last part surely sounds like a tale of kicking the can down the road.

I'm hoping that truly isn't the case, or it sends the message Brett Veach and Andy Reid wasted a whole off-season.

JPH83
09-09-2023, 04:46 AM
Eek, that last part surely sounds like a tale of kicking the can down the road.

I'm hoping that truly isn't the case, or it sends the message Brett Veach and Andy Reid wasted a whole off-season.

The "problem" of having Mahomes, we're just spending so much more at QB right now than others that the margin of error is tiny. We have to get every contract and every draft right, near enough.

Honestly as a RT, I don't like the Taylor contract. He's going to do pass-pro pretty damn well and he's going to suck at run-blocking. I'd much rather it that way around, but paying top 5 RT money we need a top 5 RT. If we draft a stud LT or somehow find a bargain it'll all work out. But that's where we're at imo.

Chiefnj2
09-09-2023, 05:15 AM
Watch the Eagles game Sunday and see if they call it. If Johnson gets flagged then it is likely a memo went out, if he doesn’t then it won’t be an issue just like it hasn’t for the last two years.

Abba-Dabba
09-09-2023, 05:33 AM
The "problem" of having Mahomes, we're just spending so much more at QB right now than others that the margin of error is tiny. We have to get every contract and every draft right, near enough.

Honestly as a RT, I don't like the Taylor contract. He's going to do pass-pro pretty damn well and he's going to suck at run-blocking. I'd much rather it that way around, but paying top 5 RT money we need a top 5 RT. If we draft a stud LT or somehow find a bargain it'll all work out. But that's where we're at imo.

I don't think it is a huge issue with Mahomes contract. Looking at some of the others, there is definitely some fat. Thuney's cap hit is fairly substantial. 22 million each year for the next 3 years. That seems a little unhealthy on the cap to me considering Jawaan ballons to nearly 25 million in 2024 and 2025. 47 million dollars in 2 guys on the OL per year? Unsustainable.

We better get used to JAG's every where else if that is going to be the case.

Couch-Potato
09-09-2023, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure what's more concerning JT or Toney's performance.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-09-2023, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure what's more concerning JT or Toney's performance.
What?

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-09-2023, 07:54 AM
We have a QB in shotgun and an entire Oline in a pass blocking stance and we wanna talk about Taylor's right ****ing foot as some sort of tip off.

Mother****...

An it's an empty backfield... I wonder if their passing? Dolts.

Buehler445
09-09-2023, 08:03 AM
?

The sun came up this morning, Fuck Chris Collinsworth.

Fixed. More concise.

Wyle should fucking consider starting to do it.

Yes. Are we really living in a world where we are wishing a competent RT would be more like Andrew Wylie?

I’m probably the dude on here that is easiest on Wylie, but come the fuck on dudes.

suzzer99
09-09-2023, 11:18 AM
They're making jokes about the Chiefs tackle jumping early on the Colorado/Nebraska game. Thanks Collinsworth you insufferable douche!

Watch the NFL start cracking down on what Taylor does, now that he's on a high-profile team.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-09-2023, 12:08 PM
They're making jokes about the Chiefs tackle jumping early on the Colorado/Nebraska game. Thanks Collinsworth you insufferable douche!

Watch the NFL start cracking down on what Taylor does, now that he's on a high-profile team.

That's fucking Klatt... He's a fucking Denver Native and a Bronco homer, hates the Chiefs, and had to get his dig in.

Danguardace
09-09-2023, 12:09 PM

It's embarrassing i don't care what the homers think.

I am shocked Reid let him get away with it.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2023, 05:51 AM
Watch the Eagles game Sunday and see if they call it. If Johnson gets flagged then it is likely a memo went out, if he doesn’t then it won’t be an issue just like it hasn’t for the last two years.

Looks like gene steratore claimed Taylor was “egregiously off.” He better fix that shit big time.

T-post Tom
09-10-2023, 07:31 AM
��

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark" data-dnt="true" align="left"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Lions knew if the Chiefs were running or throwing because of this lineman’s foot �� <a href="https://t.co/Q48TjqAC1W">pic.twitter.com/Q48TjqAC1W</a></p>&mdash; Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1700229265780781268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2023</a></blockquote>

He did an excellent job last night, but yeah that painfully obvious tell has got to GO

Coaching staff has some serious work to do this week. Between this and some of the other issues on offense, they better get busy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2023, 07:47 AM
You'd think the fans of a team that lost a SB appearance because someone couldn't line up correctly would be a little more nervous about a player that can't line up correctly.

CoMoChief
09-10-2023, 07:58 AM
They're gonna flag the shit out of him now.

Every team is gonna tell the refs to watch him.

Valiant
09-10-2023, 11:17 AM
They're gonna flag the shit out of him now.

Every team is gonna tell the refs to watch him.

They honestly should. If we were going up against it and no calls we would be going nuts.

The guy needs to get it under control. Besides getting beat. He was moving way early and getting beat. I get a little early, but damn dude pushed it like a dozen times. Even I was thinking we should of been flagged before we finally did.

Warrick
09-10-2023, 11:21 AM
Even if he fixes this JT was still paid too much!

PAChiefsGuy
09-10-2023, 11:31 AM
They honestly should. If we were going up against it and no calls we would be going nuts.

The guy needs to get it under control. Besides getting beat. He was moving way early and getting beat. I get a little early, but damn dude pushed it like a dozen times. Even I was thinking we should of been flagged before we finally did.

They def need to get it fixed ASAP. The refs won't let him get away w it after how it was being constantly pointed out on national.TV.

Chris Meck
09-10-2023, 11:41 AM
You guys were watching a different game than I was, apparently. I didn't see Taylor getting beat. I saw Hutchinson rushing from 3 tech inside on Trey Smith all game long.

And does no one remember that we were all complaining in the Jags playoff game about him moving early?

Am I in a twilight zone episode?

Sassy Squatch
09-10-2023, 11:48 AM
What the hell is going on? LMAO Taylor was a beast. They had to put their best rusher inside on Trey Smith just to get production.

PAChiefsGuy
09-10-2023, 12:05 PM
You guys were watching a different game than I was, apparently. I didn't see Taylor getting beat. I saw Hutchinson rushing from 3 tech inside on Trey Smith all game long.

And does no one remember that we were all complaining in the Jags playoff game about him moving early?

Pretty easy to not get beat when you have a 2-3 second head start don't you think?

PHOG
09-10-2023, 12:11 PM
Pretty easy to not get beat when you have a 2-3 second head start don't you think?

2-3 second...:spock:

Chris Meck
09-10-2023, 12:15 PM

Pretty easy to exaggerate when you're full of shit, don't you think?

Chris Meck
09-10-2023, 12:18 PM
Look, I'm not saying that what Taylor does should be legal; but you can't fault him for pushing the envelope. In the game thread during the Jax playoff game, it was noted many times, and we were all frustrated by him appearing to leave early, nearly every down. I'm just weirded out that it's 'suddenly' a big thing when he's always done it.

And he was absolutely NOT getting beat with any regularity, that was Hutch on Smith inside, and if you don't know that already, then you're not very observant and it makes me seriously question any opinion you have that is football related whatsoever.

PAChiefsGuy
09-10-2023, 12:19 PM
Pretty easy to exaggerate when you're full of shit, don't you think?

You know what meant.

Look I want him to do well as much as anyone but he's got to stop that.

poolboy
09-10-2023, 12:20 PM
if he starts getting flagged, he moves up....problem solved

-King-
09-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Look, I'm not saying that what Taylor does should be legal; but you can't fault him for pushing the envelope. In the game thread during the Jax playoff game, it was noted many times, and we were all frustrated by him appearing to leave early, nearly every down. I'm just weirded out that it's 'suddenly' a big thing when he's always done it.

And he was absolutely NOT getting beat with any regularity, that was Hutch on Smith inside, and if you don't know that already, then you're not very observant and it makes me seriously question any opinion you have that is football related whatsoever.

I agree. But Smith will be beat a lot this year just based on the splits on the right side of the line. Smith works best in a phone booth. Not when the DE/DT is treating him like a tackle and trying to get around the edge because of the amount of room between Trey and Taylor.

DRM08
09-10-2023, 12:21 PM

The problem here is that the TV networks did not complain when he was with Jacksonville. Now they’re making a big deal of it, so the refs will be laser focused on him in future games.

TEX
09-10-2023, 12:21 PM

Even if its not called, it needs to be under control so he doesnt tip off the defense as to a run or a pass. The Lions absolutely knew what waa coming.

Chris Meck
09-10-2023, 12:24 PM
I agree. But Smith will be beat a lot this year just based on the splits on the right side of the line. Smith works best in a phone booth. Not when the DE/DT is treating him like a tackle and trying to get around the edge because of the amount of room between Trey and Taylor.

I don't disagree. and obviously, Detroit saw it and decided to exploit it.

But if YOU saw it, and I saw it, and WE ALL saw it, then I expect the Chiefs staff saw it too, and will do what they need to do to fix it. Be it more combo blocks, or physically moving Taylor, or what have you.

I don't know. I'm not really an offensive line guru. I can tell when someone got beat badly, and I can tell when they won a rep, but that's about it.

BWillie
09-10-2023, 01:03 PM
This is so bizarre. He's done this his whole career and now people freak out cuz he's on the Chiefs? This is what we are doing now...wishing for MORE false starts? Is this what people are gonna be doing with Jesus comes back?

T-post Tom
09-10-2023, 01:34 PM
Coaches have some work to do, for sure.

KCUnited
09-10-2023, 01:50 PM
I thought Smith played fine and am good with him pushing the envelope

I’ve just never seen a broadcast pile on a guy for it and bring in a rules expert to highlight its illegality

If that happened during the AFCDG and I don’t remember, disregard

-King-
09-10-2023, 02:10 PM
I thought Smith played fine and am good with him pushing the envelope

I’ve just never seen a broadcast pile on a guy for it and bring in a rules expert to highlight its illegality

If that happened during the AFCDG and I don’t remember, disregard

It was a big deal the week before. It was why Bosa got the unsportsmanlike penalty and was almost ejected.

Coochie liquor
09-14-2023, 09:55 AM
Pretty interesting from week 1 across the league.

https://reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/s/4EFjUsu8vp

wazu
09-14-2023, 09:58 AM

All of the other NFL teams saw us doing it so now it's cool.

ModSocks
09-14-2023, 10:04 AM

And the NFL will continue to allow it because it operates as an equalizer against edge rushers, and thus protects their QB's, and thus protects their matchups and ultimately...their ratings.

jettio
09-14-2023, 10:05 AM
Next time you watch replays of Super Bowl LVII, check out where tackles lined up for both teams.

ModSocks
So Chris Collinsworth can just go ahead and STFU

Monticore
Brett kollman has a video breaking why is early movement isn’t illegal ut where he lines up is.

BWillie
09-14-2023, 10:06 AM
Just so frustrating they focused on it when WE were playing. Because yeah, that is sure what we need in the NFL. MORE false start penalties.

Taylor has been doing this his entire career. Why is it a thing now?

Pitt Gorilla
09-14-2023, 10:07 AM

Teams have aligned similarly since the beginning of time/football. It's nothing new.

Pepe Silvia
09-14-2023, 10:09 AM
The shit is going to really hit the fan when the Chiefs get called for false starts while the opponents get away with it with impunity.

LagunaSWana
09-14-2023, 10:29 AM
Good article in the Star about this:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article279298119.html

Some stuff about what the coaches are telling Taylor, and also how the line judge will give linemen a heads up and even a thumbs up/down on if they are setting up legally or not.

Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Jawaan Taylor says he expects the officials will be paying close attention to him during Sunday’s road game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. “My coaches this week were like, ’Make sure you’re not going too fast, slowing down. The refs are definitely gonna be looking a little harder now,’” Taylor told The Star on Wednesday. “But that’s just part of the game. I’m not gonna try to change my game at all. Just make sure I’m focusing — more conscious on it — just so I won’t get any penalties or anything.” Taylor — unexpectedly, he says — became a national storyline following the Chiefs’ season-opening 21-20 home loss to the Detroit Lions last week. For one, NBC’s broadcast implied that Taylor was false-starting when attempting to time up center Creed Humphrey’s snap count.

Last week, Taylor said this quick first movement is a trained skill. During home games, Taylor’s first move is based on quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ snap count, while on the road, he begins his pass set while looking at Humphrey’s helmet out of his peripheral vision. Taylor also reiterated Wednesday that what he did last week against Detroit was the same thing he had done with the Jaguars in the previous four seasons. “I just feel like now, that was a game that was the only game on TV, and it was a big-time game. So a lot more eyes were on the screen and watching than I’m used to. So of course, I feel like that’s what made it blow up so much,” Taylor said. “But end of the day, I’ve been doing it for a while, so I was shocked to see how big it really was. But I’m definitely keying in on it, making sure I’m on time and not early.” Jacksonville’s Doug Pederson — Taylor’s coach with the Jaguars last year — was asked Wednesday about Taylor’s pre-snap anticipation in light of its recent attention. “I’m sure they (refs) have been notified after that first game on Thursday night,” Pederson said. “But again, good player. We know who he is. He did the same thing here. He has great anticipation with the snap count.” Something else NBC’s analysts pointed out: There were times when Taylor appeared to be lined up in the backfield on passing downs.

Taylor admitted to this one Wednesday. He said he tries not to make things too obvious for the officials, but film review showed that a few times, “I definitely was too deep for sure.” “So I’m definitely trying to fix that this week in practice and just work it,” Taylor said. “Walk-throughs, get comfortable with it, just so I won’t have too many eyes on me about something that simple.” Typically, Taylor said, referees are good about warning offensive tackles about being in the backfield before throwing a flag. He said that happened last week against the Lions as well, with an official coming over to him in the second half about his pre-snap alignment while telling him he needed to get back up on the line of scrimmage. In that instance, Taylor said he was told that if he had any question about where he lined up, he could look to the side judge, who would give him a thumbs up or thumbs down to indicate whether he was legal. Taylor said these exchanges with officials don’t happen every game, but they still occur often. “They’ll give me a warning, like, ‘Hey, make sure you’re not too deep.’ And I’ll be like, ‘Yes sir. I’ll fix it.’ Stuff like that,” Taylor said. “But I’m pretty sure they’re gonna be more conscious this week than any other week, just because it’s such a big-time thing over social media.” Other analysts noted that Taylor was “tipping” some plays against the Lions based on his pre-snap alignment. In particular, when Taylor’s back foot was tapping while staggered behind him, the Chiefs often called a passing play.

During a news conference with reporters Monday, Coach Andy Reid addressed this some, saying, “You don’t want it to be a tell, when you’re running (or) passing.” Taylor said Wednesday that this part of his game hadn’t been emphasized as much as other facets by coaches. “Some guys (on defense) may key in on it. Maybe they’ll be like, ‘It’s a run,’ or, ‘It’s a pass.’ But I feel like it’s not really a huge deal, unless it’s really, really that obvious,” Taylor said. “I feel like with all linemen, you’ll be able to tell (post-snap) if they’re pulling or if they’re pass-setting, if they’re run blocking ... it’s just football, man. So if they know it, it is what it is. “But I feel like we all sometimes may weight shift in our stance or something like that, just to make sure we can put ourselves in the best position to win.”

During his talk with reporters Monday, Reid emphasized that Taylor needed to be careful when he timed the snap count this week. Taylor was flagged for one false start in the fourth quarter of the opener. “He gets pretty close at times — and sometimes too fast,” Reid said. “So we’ve just to make sure it’s not too fast, because then that obviously hurts the team. But he takes a lot of pride in that and works very hard at that, trying to make sure that he gets off well.” Originally from Florida, Taylor says he’ll have about 25 family members in attendance for Sunday’s homecoming game in Jacksonville. He said the goal this week would be to continue working on his first-step execution in practice; while he doesn’t want to be late on the snap, he also believes he’ll need to go an instant later so it’s not as apparent if he is a touch early. Overall, however, he remains amazed his play has attracted so much attention over the past week. “Linemen, we don’t get noticed until you have a bad play or until you have a big play. So when we get noticed about something like that, it’s kind of crazy,” Taylor said. “But it is what it is. I guess the fans really care about that, so I’ve just gotta make sure I’m doing it right.”

JPH83
09-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Just so frustrating they focused on it when WE were playing. Because yeah, that is sure what we need in the NFL. MORE false start penalties.

This is it, and we all know the answer. "Best team wins everything again" isn't half as interesting as this nonsense, apparently.

TEX
09-14-2023, 10:36 AM

Silent in the playoffs last year...

Molitoth
09-14-2023, 10:38 AM
Good article in the Star about this:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article279298119.html

Some stuff about what the coaches are telling Taylor, and also how the line judge will give linemen a heads up and even a thumbs up/down on if they are setting up legally or not.

Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Jawaan Taylor says he expects the officials will be paying close attention to him during Sunday’s road game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. “My coaches this week were like, ’Make sure you’re not going too fast, slowing down. The refs are definitely gonna be looking a little harder now,’” Taylor told The Star on Wednesday. “But that’s just part of the game. I’m not gonna try to change my game at all. Just make sure I’m focusing — more conscious on it — just so I won’t get any penalties or anything.” Taylor — unexpectedly, he says — became a national storyline following the Chiefs’ season-opening 21-20 home loss to the Detroit Lions last week. For one, NBC’s broadcast implied that Taylor was false-starting when attempting to time up center Creed Humphrey’s snap count.

Last week, Taylor said this quick first movement is a trained skill. During home games, Taylor’s first move is based on quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ snap count, while on the road, he begins his pass set while looking at Humphrey’s helmet out of his peripheral vision. Taylor also reiterated Wednesday that what he did last week against Detroit was the same thing he had done with the Jaguars in the previous four seasons. “I just feel like now, that was a game that was the only game on TV, and it was a big-time game. So a lot more eyes were on the screen and watching than I’m used to. So of course, I feel like that’s what made it blow up so much,” Taylor said. “But end of the day, I’ve been doing it for a while, so I was shocked to see how big it really was. But I’m definitely keying in on it, making sure I’m on time and not early.” Jacksonville’s Doug Pederson — Taylor’s coach with the Jaguars last year — was asked Wednesday about Taylor’s pre-snap anticipation in light of its recent attention. “I’m sure they (refs) have been notified after that first game on Thursday night,” Pederson said. “But again, good player. We know who he is. He did the same thing here. He has great anticipation with the snap count.” Something else NBC’s analysts pointed out: There were times when Taylor appeared to be lined up in the backfield on passing downs.

Taylor admitted to this one Wednesday. He said he tries not to make things too obvious for the officials, but film review showed that a few times, “I definitely was too deep for sure.” “So I’m definitely trying to fix that this week in practice and just work it,” Taylor said. “Walk-throughs, get comfortable with it, just so I won’t have too many eyes on me about something that simple.” Typically, Taylor said, referees are good about warning offensive tackles about being in the backfield before throwing a flag. He said that happened last week against the Lions as well, with an official coming over to him in the second half about his pre-snap alignment while telling him he needed to get back up on the line of scrimmage. In that instance, Taylor said he was told that if he had any question about where he lined up, he could look to the side judge, who would give him a thumbs up or thumbs down to indicate whether he was legal. Taylor said these exchanges with officials don’t happen every game, but they still occur often. “They’ll give me a warning, like, ‘Hey, make sure you’re not too deep.’ And I’ll be like, ‘Yes sir. I’ll fix it.’ Stuff like that,” Taylor said. “But I’m pretty sure they’re gonna be more conscious this week than any other week, just because it’s such a big-time thing over social media.” Other analysts noted that Taylor was “tipping” some plays against the Lions based on his pre-snap alignment. In particular, when Taylor’s back foot was tapping while staggered behind him, the Chiefs often called a passing play.

During a news conference with reporters Monday, Coach Andy Reid addressed this some, saying, “You don’t want it to be a tell, when you’re running (or) passing.” Taylor said Wednesday that this part of his game hadn’t been emphasized as much as other facets by coaches. “Some guys (on defense) may key in on it. Maybe they’ll be like, ‘It’s a run,’ or, ‘It’s a pass.’ But I feel like it’s not really a huge deal, unless it’s really, really that obvious,” Taylor said. “I feel like with all linemen, you’ll be able to tell (post-snap) if they’re pulling or if they’re pass-setting, if they’re run blocking ... it’s just football, man. So if they know it, it is what it is. “But I feel like we all sometimes may weight shift in our stance or something like that, just to make sure we can put ourselves in the best position to win.”

During his talk with reporters Monday, Reid emphasized that Taylor needed to be careful when he timed the snap count this week. Taylor was flagged for one false start in the fourth quarter of the opener. “He gets pretty close at times — and sometimes too fast,” Reid said. “So we’ve just to make sure it’s not too fast, because then that obviously hurts the team. But he takes a lot of pride in that and works very hard at that, trying to make sure that he gets off well.” Originally from Florida, Taylor says he’ll have about 25 family members in attendance for Sunday’s homecoming game in Jacksonville. He said the goal this week would be to continue working on his first-step execution in practice; while he doesn’t want to be late on the snap, he also believes he’ll need to go an instant later so it’s not as apparent if he is a touch early. Overall, however, he remains amazed his play has attracted so much attention over the past week. “Linemen, we don’t get noticed until you have a bad play or until you have a big play. So when we get noticed about something like that, it’s kind of crazy,” Taylor said. “But it is what it is. I guess the fans really care about that, so I’ve just gotta make sure I’m doing it right.”

I'm impressed with his answers TBH. So far I like this kid.

Sidenote:: If his foot tapping is a "tell", then he could easily start faking the defense out in critical situations by tapping or not tapping his foot in the opposite manner of the previous "tells".

Such as: Does not tap his foot.... defense thinks it's a run.... and it's actually a pass. Could become like Poker or something when used sparingly and timely.

BWillie
09-14-2023, 11:01 AM

Sidenote:: If his foot tapping is a "tell", then he could easily start faking the defense out in critical situations by tapping or not tapping his foot in the opposite manner of the previous "tells".

Such as: Does not tap his foot.... defense thinks it's a run.... and it's actually a pass. Could become like Poker or something when used sparingly and timely.

Defenses can't stop us anyway when they know we are passing but yeah simple adjustment. He is a quicker and more athletic tackle that we were needing.

I thought Donovan Smith played great as well with the exceptions with about 4 plays where well...he just got destroyed but he's in a new system and you can definitely see he is going to be a huge upgrade.

PHOG
09-14-2023, 11:27 AM

This would be awesome.

Gary Cooper
09-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Why can't he just line up normally and block well like Mitchell Schwartz did?

Bl00dyBizkitz
09-14-2023, 11:51 AM

He's on Super Bowl Champion Patrick Mahomes' team. Also doesn't help that it was prime time and they made a big deal out of the Taylor-Hutchinson duel.

Dunerdr
09-14-2023, 12:02 PM

Why doesnt everyone?

Megatron96
09-14-2023, 12:08 PM

He ain't Schwartz?

ku_jhawk23
09-14-2023, 12:09 PM

The best part is Pederson saying the refs will know this week....while admitting that he did it for them the WHOLE time.

Gravedigger
09-14-2023, 12:10 PM
I love his Belichick type thinking to game the game but hopefully he can actually beat his competition cleanly from now on cause everyone is looking at it for the rest of the season, every time he false starts that's all you're going to hear every time a team loses.

ModSocks
09-14-2023, 12:11 PM
Brett kollman has a video breaking why is early movement isn’t illegal ut where he lines up is.

Fuck Brett Kollman.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-14-2023, 12:11 PM

Because your mom is s fat whore

Lzen
09-14-2023, 12:12 PM
What does that make you then?

Someone calling out an idiot? :spock:

Bowser
09-14-2023, 12:13 PM
And the NFL will continue to allow it because it operates as an equalizer against edge rushers, and thus protects their QB's, and thus protects their matchups and ultimately...their ratings.

You forgot to mention those sweet, sweet dollars in fantasy football and Vegas bets.

Lzen
09-14-2023, 12:22 PM

I like how the caption says tackles but some of these were the entire line were back a yard or two from the center.

DRM08
09-14-2023, 12:26 PM
He's on Super Bowl Champion Patrick Mahomes' team. Also doesn't help that it was prime time and they made a big deal out of the Taylor-Hutchinson duel.

Same TV crew was there for the Playoff game last year when Taylor was doing this for the Jaguars. They didn’t complain about the issue.

Lzen
09-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Good article in the Star...

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="13129374" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="2.38095" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/seriously-let-me-tell-you-gif-13129374">Seriously Let GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/seriously-gifs">Seriously GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

T-post Tom
09-14-2023, 12:34 PM
If Lane Johnson gets penalized more tonight than he usually does, we'll know that the officiating crews got notice from the NFL. If so, Taylor should be on high alert for Sunday. Hope our coaches are paying attention.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2023, 01:17 PM
The KOLLMAN video on YouTube does a great job explaining why the right foot back step isn’t a penalty from the two point stance as long as the foot doesn’t hit the ground before the ball is snapped.

Dunerdr
09-14-2023, 01:17 PM
**** Brett Kollman.

You mean the L.A. Chargers employee? FUCK HIM

tredadda
09-14-2023, 02:04 PM

Because he's not Mitchell Schwartz.

WhawhaWhat
09-14-2023, 03:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update: After the disaster on Week 1 of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> OT Jawaan Taylor lining illegally throughout the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Lions</a> game and not getting penalized for it, the league will focus on &quot;cracking down&quot; on Illegal Tackle Alignment, per <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MattVerderame</a> <br><br>Dean Blandino said that the NFL has sent out… <a href="https://t.co/gg8xPtScv5">https://t.co/gg8xPtScv5</a> <a href="https://t.co/0yXVHkEYCW">pic.twitter.com/0yXVHkEYCW</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1702433344984686816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
09-14-2023, 03:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update: After the disaster on Week 1 of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> OT Jawaan Taylor lining illegally throughout the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Lions</a> game and not getting penalized for it, the league will focus on &quot;cracking down&quot; on Illegal Tackle Alignment, per <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MattVerderame</a> <br><br>Dean Blandino said that the NFL has sent out… <a href="https://t.co/gg8xPtScv5">https://t.co/gg8xPtScv5</a> <a href="https://t.co/0yXVHkEYCW">pic.twitter.com/0yXVHkEYCW</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1702433344984686816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh....that snap was perfect. Fuck off, Dov. What a stupid name.

ModSocks
09-14-2023, 03:36 PM
Man, if i had a twitter account i'd get soooooo banned.

-King-
09-14-2023, 04:17 PM
Silent in the playoffs last year...

You don't remember the Bosa implosion?

suzzer99
09-14-2023, 06:35 PM
Remember when we used to complain that the national media never noticed us? Now we're in a fishbowl.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-14-2023, 06:42 PM
The Eagles Lane Johnson is a far, if not farther back as well as the Eagles guards...

dlphg9
09-14-2023, 07:05 PM

I don't care what that dipshit says. The ref will tell the OT if he is lined up right or if he needs to move up.

Also I will never stop bringing up how Lane Johnson does the same exact thing and he got nothing but praise for being a savvy vet and some acted like he was the best RT of all time.

RealSNR
09-14-2023, 07:11 PM
Lane Johnson sure is moving early before the snap quuuuuiiite a bit tonight.

Interesting. Al Michaels has said nothing

dlphg9
09-14-2023, 07:11 PM
The thing that is worse of all is all that pre snap movement. He's never completely set on that video. He's moving a ton and that could be called.

ModSocks
09-14-2023, 07:13 PM
The thing that is worse of all is all that pre snap movement. He's never completely set on that video. He's moving a ton and that could be called.

IIRC, if you're not up on the line with your hand in the dirt you can move a little bit.

DaFace
09-14-2023, 07:15 PM
IIRC, if you're not up on the line with your hand in the dirt you can move a little bit.Yep. That's what the Kollman video is about.

https://youtu.be/HO-URIexUhw?si=moYmN98KV-6jpnnz

WhawhaWhat
09-14-2023, 07:23 PM
Lane Johnson sure is moving early before the snap quuuuuiiite a bit tonight.

Interesting. Al Michaels has said nothing

He's probably got a dime on the Eagles.

BWillie
09-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Guy perfected his craft and times it perfectly and is now getting shit on because announcer comments in a primetime game. Reminds me when the eurostep started getting popular in the NBA and they would have to explain to refs why it isn't a travel. The world is not ready

Monticore
09-15-2023, 05:57 AM
The T were definitely too far off the ball a few times but just like the WR if the line judge says your good it’s pretty hard to call it , except for that one ref last who called WR after he had checked in.

Megatron96
09-15-2023, 12:07 PM
As Jason Kelce says, "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught."

Bowser
09-15-2023, 12:09 PM
I wonder if Taylor is going to tip the Jags off that we're going to throw about 65% of the time, or if they'll just figure that out from film study.

Pepe Silvia
09-15-2023, 12:45 PM
Guy perfected his craft and times it perfectly and is now getting shit on because announcer comments in a primetime game. Reminds me when the eurostep started getting popular in the NBA and they would have to explain to refs why it isn't a travel. The world is not ready

They are ready just not ready for the Chiefs to do it.

dlphg9
09-15-2023, 01:41 PM
I wonder if Taylor is going to tip the Jags off that we're going to throw about 65% of the time, or if they'll just figure that out from film study.

I hated this shit too. This is from the 2nd and 3rd play of the game on offense.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ebb1fa8c2891615478fc57c0e9c54b71/206b40936acf7b7a-a9/s2048x3072/7d9e7a4a4aca860e2e44f8597db31ee428f8683b.jpg

He's lined up exactly the same way on both of those and if you draw a straight line from his head through Creed, then it runs through Creeds hip. The angle ****s it all up.

OP is a mouth beating inbred.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-16-2023, 11:14 AM
Looks like the NFL has informed all 32 teams that they will be enforcing this rule much more strictly now. How lovely.

I bet they enforce it for Taylor and not Lane Johnson.

dlphg9
09-16-2023, 12:01 PM
Looks like the NFL has informed all 32 teams that they will be enforcing this rule much more strictly now. How lovely.

I bet they enforce it for Taylor and not Lane Johnson.

They just let Lane Johnson do it.

Megatron96
09-16-2023, 12:09 PM
Don't care about where he's lining up or even if he gets called a couple times for false start. Just block better and more consistently than Wylie. That's all we need out of him. Little more worried about Smith, tbh.

RealSNR
09-16-2023, 02:46 PM
Don't care about where he's lining up or even if he gets called a couple times for false start. Just block better and more consistently than Wylie. That's all we need out of him. Little more worried about Smith, tbh.

I'll be honest, I didn't really notice where Smith came up short against the Lions. I've forgotten where he fucked up, and yeah, I know he probably did in a few spots, but I don't remember thinking all game, "Man, Mahomes has zero blindside protection. This sucks."

Megatron96
09-16-2023, 03:39 PM
I'll be honest, I didn't really notice where Smith came up short against the Lions. I've forgotten where he fucked up, and yeah, I know he probably did in a few spots, but I don't remember thinking all game, "Man, Mahomes has zero blindside protection. This sucks."

Watching the A-22 a few days ago, Smith had some bad reps. Not a ton, but definitely some that were pretty bad. It was Week 1, so not super worried about it, but it's got to be a bit of a concern for this game.

BWillie
09-16-2023, 06:45 PM
Watching the A-22 a few days ago, Smith had some bad reps. Not a ton, but definitely some that were pretty bad. It was Week 1, so not super worried about it, but it's got to be a bit of a concern for this game.

Seemed like he was Jekyll and Hyde but he was mostly very very good in pass pro. He has a few complete shitty plays but from the plays he did well he absolutely is going to pwn fools. I dont watch run protection cuz I really dont give a shit about that so no clue there.

Megatron96
09-16-2023, 07:51 PM
Seemed like he was Jekyll and Hyde but he was mostly very very good in pass pro. He has a few complete shitty plays but from the plays he did well he absolutely is going to pwn fools. I dont watch run protection cuz I really dont give a shit about that so no clue there.

Yeah, I only saw the run-blocking in the first run-through. Wasn't very interested in how we run-block, so skipped all that the next two times through. Then JT's QB School edited out everything but the passing snaps, and never looked back.

But that rep when Smith throws his leg up to hook the DE as he gets bowled over backwards was a really bad rep. Probably his worst rep of the game, and nothing else looked anywhere near as bad, but you know, there were some noticeable mistakes made in that game.

Skyy God
09-17-2023, 01:04 PM
This Fucking guy…..

tredadda
09-17-2023, 01:05 PM
Disappointed with him today.

RealSNR
09-17-2023, 01:07 PM
He's not doing himself any favors, but right now it's pretty obvious the NFL has targeted him just to say, "Look, see??? We'll do whatever Chris Collinsworth says to satisfy the dipshit fans who don't know anything and believe whatever it is the jackasses on TV tell them!"

Might be worth the re-set that Andy gave him when they brought in Winnebago

lcarus
It was never a problem when he was on the other team. Complete dog shit.

jjchieffan
I'm not seeing what made the Chiefs brass think that this guy was worth $20M per year. I would rather have kept Wiley.

Bearcat
https://y.yarn.co/3201abbb-bc89-477e-9cb9-3259af254c12_text.gif

IowaHawkeyeChief
Disappointed with him today.

Hey dolts…. That wasn’t a fucking hold. He is being targeted.

TribalElder
09-17-2023, 01:08 PM
Refs are just out to make an example out of him so everyone will shut the fuck up about his alignment and get off

they flagged the shit out of him today to make a point

Wisconsin_Chief
Really want to know who exactly was behind the shit NBC pulled last week. They screwed us big time.

Danguardace
All those retards who had no issue with him cheating last week...

tredadda
09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Hey dolts…. That wasn’t a fucking hold. He is being targeted.

Didn’t say it was a hold. Just said I was disappointed in him today. Clearly Andy is as well with him coming out.

-King-
09-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Really want to know who exactly was behind the shit NBC pulled last week. They screwed us big time.

Just fucking line up right. The holds yeah, questionable. But it should be easy for him to just adjust to them potentially calling the alignment penalties.

poolboy
09-17-2023, 01:13 PM
Taylor only had 3 false starts all last year, zero lining up offsides

RealSNR
09-17-2023, 01:17 PM
Just fucking line up right. The holds yeah, questionable. But it should be easy for him to just adjust to them potentially calling the alignment penalties.

Ooooooorrrr... the guy has played that way his entire career and nobody has said anything.

I'll bet Lane Johnson would be getting the exact same treatment if he got targeted like Taylor

-King-
09-17-2023, 01:22 PM
Ooooooorrrr... the guy has played that way his entire career and nobody has said anything.

I'll bet Lane Johnson would be getting the exact same treatment if he got targeted like Taylor

Ok? Then adjust. You're a professional player. You can't be as effective if you kind up 6 inches closer to the line?

Pepe Silvia
09-17-2023, 01:32 PM

Yep. I bet that f*** Zach Taylor had Collinsworth do it.

cmh6476
09-17-2023, 01:37 PM
Dude

Skyy God
09-17-2023, 01:38 PM
Walk home from J-ville??

OKchiefs
09-17-2023, 01:40 PM
Brilliant contract so far, making $25 million next year?

Oh Snap
09-17-2023, 01:42 PM
Lol at everyone telling me it was fine because he was doing this shit all last year.

louie aguiar
Wow. What a disastrous performance. I feel bad for the big fella. It’s in his head at this point. Reminds me of Toney last week.

lcarus
They're just picking on him because of all the outside noise. Something professional officials AREN'T supposed to do. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Lilmrp117
Brilliant contract so far, making $25 million next year?

This turd makes me miss Wylie, especially with how cheap Wylie was. And I hated Wylie.

RealSNR
09-17-2023, 01:45 PM
This turd makes me miss Wylie, especially with how cheap Wylie was. And I hated Wylie.

Would you rather pay Wylie $8 million per year he got from Washington? Or Taylor in the 20-whatevers?

FlaChief58
09-17-2023, 01:47 PM
Ass, pure ass

WhawhaWhat
09-17-2023, 02:01 PM
<iframe src="https://www.spotrac.com/widget/player/29070/" width="610px" height="610px" frameborder="0" ></iframe>

Gary Cooper
09-17-2023, 02:19 PM
I'd rather have Wylie, especially if Taylor is going to be a Jonah for this team.

No ship wants a Jonah.

rico
09-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Barry Richardson seems good compared to this guy.

lcarus
09-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Taylor will be fine. The refs got their "see look we call penalties on Taylor!!@!" game so now everyone will stfu about it. Taylor knows his limits now. Should be a lot smoother going forward. I hope...

The Franchise
09-17-2023, 02:23 PM
Ok? Then adjust. You're a professional player. You can't be as effective if you kind up 6 inches closer to the line?

Offensive line play is all about muscle memory. They don't just "adjust" in the middle of a game.

Easy 6
09-17-2023, 02:23 PM
Yes he bears some responsibility, but the refs were going after him on every damn snap for ticky tack horseshit

He's been playing that way his entire pro career, but only NOW is it some big fucking problem... hmmm, I wonder why?

BWillie
09-17-2023, 02:24 PM
Rough game by him today but he was kind of getting picked on by the refs for simply how he's played football his entire NFL career. Thank you Kris Collinsbarf

KCUnited
09-17-2023, 02:24 PM
Hoping the NFL got it out of their system today

-King-
09-17-2023, 02:26 PM
Offensive line play is all about muscle memory. They don't just "adjust" in the middle of a game.

Lining up is absolutely something you can adjust mid game. The presnap ticks? Probably not, but making sure you're lined up right is the easiest adjustment you can make.

dlphg9
09-17-2023, 02:28 PM
Lining up is absolutely something you can adjust mid game. The presnap ticks? Probably not, but making sure you're lined up right is the easiest adjustment you can make.

And he did change that? So wtf are you on about?

The Franchise
09-17-2023, 02:28 PM

And he only got called for lining up wrong one time. All of his other penalties were either holding or false starts. One of those false starts and one of the holding penalties were legit.

RunKC
09-17-2023, 02:34 PM
We knew all week he was gonna be targeted. Matt Verderame even reported that 3 days ago.

-King-
And he did change that? So wtf are you on about?

I made that initial comment after he got penalized for it...

Danguardace
Taylor will be fine. The refs got their "see look we call penalties on Taylor!!@!" game so now everyone will stfu about it. Taylor knows his limits now. Should be a lot smoother going forward. I hope...

You're a fucking retard

poolboy
09-17-2023, 02:39 PM
Taylor is under the James Webb Space Telescope right now

Eleazar
09-17-2023, 02:47 PM
He's just going to have to play the position according to the rules I suppose.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-17-2023, 02:47 PM
Yet Lane was allowed to false start all game on Thurs. The league is a fucking joke

Danguardace
09-17-2023, 02:49 PM
Can't believe people crying because refs did their job. Maybe Taylor should try

poolboy
09-17-2023, 02:49 PM
He's just going to have to play the position according to the rules I suppose.

He did last year doing pretty much the same thang

Pooch
09-17-2023, 02:51 PM
Lane Johnson has been doing it for years.

lcarus
09-17-2023, 02:52 PM
You're a fucking reerun

Eat a pie made of dick sauce, twerp. We all know Taylor bends the rules but up until this point he's done it for a long time and so have several other right tackles. It was never a problem but now that it was all over the media they call 6 penalties on him. That's ridiculous.

Danguardace
09-17-2023, 02:55 PM
Eat a pie made of dick sauce, twerp. We all know Taylor bends the rules but up until this point he's done it for a long time and so have several other right tackles. It was never a problem but now that it was all over the media they call 6 penalties on him. That's ridiculous.

Yeah blame the media

Pussy he's a chief going to be playing in a lot of big games what does he expect

poolboy
09-17-2023, 02:57 PM
Florio...Muy gosh, the Chiefs dont pay their players
Thursday night football...wowza, Taylor is in the backfield or false starting
Theres a Gleaming Theme boys
Whats next NFL?

Easy 6
09-17-2023, 02:58 PM
Can't believe people crying because refs did their job. Maybe Taylor should try

You are a candyass jackoff, shut the fuck up

ROYC75
09-17-2023, 03:37 PM
Right now, Jawann Taylor SUCKS!

Get yur head out of your ass!

philfree
09-17-2023, 03:58 PM
They were picking on Taylor and the Chiefs after last weeks commentary. We're just going to improve every week.

The Bears next week? Let's stack some wins!

emaw1979
09-17-2023, 04:10 PM
The NFL has let tackles jump early and incorrectly line up like this for years because it helped the offenses. Now the Chiefs started doing it, they crack down. It's absolutely horse shit to do it during the season.

PHOG
09-17-2023, 04:16 PM
"The next time someone throws a sidearm pass, that will be 15 yards and loss of down."/NFL

Shag
09-17-2023, 04:21 PM
Eat a pie made of dick sauce

WTF? That's probably the weakest insult I've ever heard. Kudos.

KCUnited
09-17-2023, 04:26 PM
People thought Taylor was being brought in to play LT but think it’s going take half a season for him to move up an inch and move with the ball

That said, felt like the NFL made their point today so I’d be tempted to keep playing the same as he always has and see if it continues next week

JustDíqLix
09-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Right now, Jawann Taylor SUCKS!

Get yur head out of your ass!

Veach is a great GM but between Orlando Brown and Jawann Taylor, he appears to misjudge Tackles.

Chief3188
09-17-2023, 04:37 PM
Veach is a great GM but between Orlando Brown and Jawann Taylor, he appears to misjudge Tackles.

It's not easy to find one in the draft where we usually pick at and Orlando Brown was his backup plan after Trent Williams declined our offer.

I do agree that Taylor has not appeared to be a good investment as of yet but hopefully they can coach him up.

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2023, 04:43 PM
People thought Taylor was being brought in to play LT but think it’s going take half a season for him to move up an inch and move with the ball

That said, felt like the NFL made their point today so I’d be tempted to keep playing the same as he always has and see if it continues next week

NFL is going to have to be consistent in enforcement. There are tackles across the league that line up as deep/deeper than Taylor. Not as many work to hit the snap as perfectly as he does, but there are some.

If I were the Chiefs, I'd have a tape made to send to the league if the enforcement is inconsistent.

GloucesterChief
09-17-2023, 04:44 PM
NFL is going to have to be consistent in enforcement. There are tackles across the league that line up as deep/deeper than Taylor. Not as many work to hit the snap as perfectly as he does, but there are some.

If I were the Chiefs, I'd have a tape made to send to the league if the enforcement is inconsistent.

Lane Johnson was false starting almost every snap in the Super Bowl.

DRM08
09-17-2023, 04:46 PM
Lane Johnson was false starting almost every snap in the Super Bowl.

He was getting away with it in Philly’s game on Thursday as well.

FloridaMan88
09-17-2023, 04:47 PM

The Chiefs won more Super Bowls with Orlando Brown at LT than Buffalo has won in their entire franchise’s history.

So maybe you should sit out this conversation.

loochy
09-17-2023, 04:53 PM
As Jason Kelce says, "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught."

Well apparently it's cheating then

SAGA45
09-17-2023, 05:35 PM
The NFL has let tackles jump early and incorrectly line up like this for years because it helped the offenses. Now the Chiefs started doing it, they crack down. It's absolutely horse shit to do it during the season.

Collinsworth is somewhat to blame for that. Pencil-neck bastard made a big fuss about it on TNF which likely left the league no choice but to make it a point of emphasis for the officials.

Lzen
09-17-2023, 05:43 PM
Yes he bears some responsibility, but the refs were going after him on every damn snap for ticky tack horseshit

He's been playing that way his entire pro career, but only NOW is it some big ****ing problem... hmmm, I wonder why?

Chris Collinsworth can suck a bag of dicks.

Peter Gibbons
09-17-2023, 05:49 PM
Chris Collinsworth can suck a bag of dicks.

I would bet heavily that he already has.

Womble
09-17-2023, 05:51 PM
Taylor is so bad that I miss Wylie.

DRM08
09-17-2023, 06:06 PM

Taylor getting paid 2.5X more money than Wylie. That does not feel like a good trade for KC at the moment.

Lzen
09-17-2023, 06:10 PM
Taylor will be fine. All of these hot takes are whiney bitches.

Yes, he was targeted by the officials today. That doesn't mean that he all of a sudden can't play. He'll be fine.

Womble
09-17-2023, 06:13 PM

Brandon Beane is a great GM but between facilitating Mahomes to the Chiefs in 2017 and drafting Josh Allen in 2018, he appears to misjudge quarterbacks.

Lzen

Anyone missing Wylie must not have watched Wylie getting beaten over and over. I'll admit that Wylie got better as the season progressed. Still, he was never that great. Above average, at best. And the chiefs had to often give him help with a back chipping, etc.
JT will be fine.

Dunerdr
Jesus guys take the gun out of your mouth. He was targeted and half those penalties were iffy at best.

Hoover
09-17-2023, 06:15 PM
Yeah. Total bullshit.

They threw a shit ton of flags when we had the ball and we still won. He’ll be fine

HemiEd
09-17-2023, 06:17 PM
Jesus guys take the gun out of your mouth. He was targeted and half those penalties were iffy at best.

Against his old team I would venture there was a lot noise coming out of Jax about him to the league.

NJChiefsFan
09-17-2023, 07:23 PM
Against his old team I would venture there was a lot noise coming out of Jax about him to the league.

Yeah it was a perfect storm of attention the week before plus playing the team that knows about his technique the most.

lcarus
09-17-2023, 07:32 PM
WTF? That's probably the weakest insult I've ever heard. Kudos.

Thanks, Shlab! I figured a 3rd grade retort would suffice.

JustDíqLix
09-17-2023, 07:42 PM
Brandon Beane is a great GM but between facilitating Mahomes to the Chiefs in 2017 and drafting Josh Allen in 2018, he appears to misjudge quarterbacks.

That wasn’t Beane.

JustDíqLix
09-17-2023, 07:46 PM
The Chiefs won more Super Bowls with Orlando Brown at LT than Buffalo has won in their entire franchise’s history.

So maybe you should sit out this conversation.

I thought it was well known that the Chiefs were unhappy with Brown’s play and tended to win despite him rather than because of him.

Apologies if I inadvertently insulted your great former tackle Orlando Brown Jr who you didn’t even bother to make an offer to in order to keep him.

Oh Snap
09-17-2023, 08:07 PM
I thought it was well known that the Chiefs were unhappy with Brown’s play and tended to win despite him rather than because of him.

Apologies if I inadvertently insulted your great former tackle Orlando Brown Jr who you didn’t even bother to make an offer to in order to keep him.

OBJ has played like ass for the bengals. His pff stats were aided by mahomes and his ability to extend plays.