PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Unstrapping your chinstrap is a unsportsmanlike penalty?

BigRedChief
09-19-2023, 03:44 PM
From GBlowfish’s 10 things

Refs tickey-tacked him with an unsportsmanlike penalty when all he did was unsnap his chin strap walking off the field. Danger there is if he gets one more unsportmanlike penalty, he’s ejected

I didn’t know this, did you?

loochy
09-19-2023, 03:49 PM
I assumed it was for running his mouth and saying something he shouldn't have said, not for the chin strap

Raiderhater
09-19-2023, 03:52 PM
See now, I wasn’t sure if that is what they flagged or if that was his reaction to the flag. I was (am) really really really hoping that isn’t what he was flagged for, because that would be some grade A horse shit. “Unsportsmanlike conduct number 87 - unsnapping his helmet angrily.” That would be worse than CJ’s flag for saying mean things.

Shag
09-19-2023, 04:01 PM
They briefly showed Kelce ripping off his helmet and slamming it on the ground, I assume that’s the reason for the penalty, not the chin straps.

ModSocks
09-19-2023, 04:03 PM

Refs tickey-tacked him with an unsportsmanlike penalty when all he did was unsnap his chin strap walking off the field.

G-Blow is making an assumption here. It's much more likely he was just running his mouth excessively.

Kelce is...interesting...right now.

He's been doing a lot of commercials, podcasts....self promotion type stuff.

While at the same time he's been in 3 different camp altercations and in his first game back racked up an un-sportsman like conduct penalty and an unnecessary roughness while jawing incessantly.

All of that combined hints to me that he's feeling like he's in the twilight of his career and is both trying to milk what's left before its over, while at the same time trying to self-motivate and artificially ignite some fire and passion so he doesn't lose his edge.

DaFace
09-19-2023, 04:03 PM
See now, I wasn’t sure if that is what they flagged or if that was his reaction to the flag. I was (am) really really really hoping that isn’t what he was flagged for, because that would be some grade A horse shit. “Unsportsmanlike conduct number 87 - unsnapping his helmet angrily.” That would be worse than CJ’s flag for saying mean things.

Pretty sure we saw the effect, not the cause. They didn't show whatever he did on air.

displacedinMN
09-19-2023, 04:19 PM
bullshit penalty

displacedinMN
09-19-2023, 04:21 PM

Refs tickey-tacked him with an unsportsmanlike penalty when all he did was unsnap his chin strap walking off the field. Danger there is if he gets one more unsportmanlike penalty, he’s ejected

Did I miss this thread?

KCrockaholic
09-19-2023, 04:26 PM
I’d like to understand this penalty more as well. If we’re flagging guys for just being angry then these refs need a broomstick shoved up their ass.

tyecopeland
09-19-2023, 04:30 PM
Did I miss this thread?

Pretty sure it's only on Facebook because people were mean here.

bobbything
09-19-2023, 04:31 PM
They briefly showed Kelce ripping off his helmet and slamming it on the ground, I assume that’s the reason for the penalty, not the chin straps.
It would be nice if there were a broadcast that replayed situations like this to show, you know, everyone what actually happened.

I'd also like a broadcast that would call out the most egregious OPI not called that I have seen in a really long time. It drives me crazy.

I just don't get it. I know we're small market, I know that our draw comes from basically one player, but I feel like sometimes we are relegated to small ball sometimes. Just a little consistency. Had to listen to Collinsworth basically will our right tackle into penalties and then that non-call OPI this past week.

BigRedChief
09-19-2023, 04:33 PM
Did I miss this thread?

Pretty sure it's only on Facebook because people were mean here.He posts it on his Facebook page. He allows Arrowhead Kingdom to post it on our website. Because we don’t sell advertising or banner ads so we don’t make a cent off his words.

jerryaldini
09-19-2023, 04:35 PM
There was an article where a couple of Jags players talked about being surprised at things he was saying. Like they went beyond the line of what is considered acceptable trash talk. Maybe a Colts game Chris Jones flag.

KCJake
09-19-2023, 04:40 PM
G-Blow is making an assumption here. It's much more likely he was just running his mouth excessively.

Kelce is...interesting...right now.

He's been doing a lot of commercials, podcasts....self promotion type stuff.

While at the same time he's been in 3 different camp altercations and in his first game back racked up an un-sportsman like conduct penalty and an unnecessary roughness while jawing incessantly.

All of that combined hints to me that he's feeling like he's in the twilight of his career and is both trying to milk what's left before its over, while at the same time trying to self-motivate and artificially ignite some fire and passion so he doesn't lose his edge.

Also, it looked like his knee was bothering him Sunday

dlphg9
09-19-2023, 04:44 PM
I thought his helmet came all the way off.

Raiderhater
09-19-2023, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure we saw the effect, not the cause. They didn't show whatever he did on air.

One would certainly think so. However, one cannot automatically discount the possibility of the No Fun League engaging in more stupid policies.

Chiefnj2
09-19-2023, 05:22 PM
I don’t recall if it was in the game or on a recap show, but he took his helmet completely off and two hand slammed it into the turf. It was a dumb penalty, and deserved.

BigRedChief
09-19-2023, 05:25 PM

I didn’t see it live or on the broadcast.

bobbything
09-19-2023, 05:25 PM
I don’t recall if it was in the game or on a recap show, but he took his helmet completely off and two hand slammed it into the turf. It was a dumb penalty, and deserved.
Got it. Would have been nice to see from that rinky-dink broadcast we got.

DJJasonp
09-19-2023, 05:26 PM
There was an article where a couple of Jags players talked about being surprised at things he was saying. Like they went beyond the line of what is considered acceptable trash talk. Maybe a Colts game Chris Jones flag.

maybe he pulled an epic Mike Tyson-like quote and said he was going to eat their children!

MatriculatingHank
09-19-2023, 05:41 PM
Where can we find GBlowfish’s 10 things?

KS Smitty
09-19-2023, 06:29 PM

https://arrowheadkingdom.org/chiefscast-column/ten-things-about-today-s-game-kc-17-jax-9

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-19-2023, 06:35 PM

not here... he is pouting.

arrwheader
09-19-2023, 06:45 PM
not here... he is pouting.But he still lurks here or at least he was when there was a thread about peopletalking about him leaving. It's really odd.

Megatron96
09-19-2023, 06:54 PM
I thought there was a flag for taking your helmet off, not just unstrapping your chinstrap? QBs are unstrapping/strapping their chinstraps constantly during a game . . .

Mike in SW-MO
09-19-2023, 07:11 PM

I read the bolded part in Yoda voice.

lewdog
09-19-2023, 07:13 PM
I heard Kelce call the ref a "flaming AIDS tree."

That was probably it.

Womble
09-19-2023, 08:47 PM

Are you talking about the penalty call or what Kelce did after the game with Taylor Swift?

tyecopeland
09-19-2023, 09:05 PM
I shouldn't have started to read that. I read about Taylor holding more in the first two sections than Taylor actually held in the game. Cranky old man has a least favorite player, got it.

Dunerdr
09-19-2023, 09:14 PM
I think Kelce body is not doing what his brain wants at certain times and this shortens his fuse a little.

kcpasco
09-19-2023, 09:32 PM
Kelce can have the occasional outburst IDC. Dude helped bring home 2 Lombardis and the refs hate him anyways.