PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Richardson Thread

Rain Man
10-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Let's bring some sanity back into the discussion.

Best lead blocking back in Chiefs history?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtDKoZAUsAEuRpW.jpg

New World Order
10-04-2023, 10:28 PM
Love T-Rich.

Our ground attack in the early 2000s was something else.

carcosa
10-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Met him once. Seemed nice.

Rain Man
10-04-2023, 10:30 PM
My favorite Richardson lead block was the touchdown record for Priest Holmes where Richardson caromed himself into a second defender.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NS56kVCV4Lk?si=SB6cZYwpw4JS0f9p&amp;end=13" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat
10-04-2023, 10:43 PM
Not as good as Anthony

Buehler445
10-04-2023, 10:56 PM
My favorite is Ray Lewis whining about being double teamed when in fact he was just destroyed by Richardson.

cdcox
10-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Having TRich, Jason Dunn, and that OL with Priest Holmes delivering the payload was just plain fun.

Bump
10-05-2023, 12:02 AM
honestly he's one of the GOATs of full backs.

Even when he went to the Jets after the Chiefs, he still helped Curtis Martin get some more 1,000 yard seasons to put him in the HoF.

I don't remember the year, but mid to late 90's. They were going to have T Rich become the featured RB for one season and the very first game he had like 150 yards rushing. Then he got injured and it never really happened. I remember something like that. He's one of my all time favorite Chiefs for sure.

suzzer99
10-05-2023, 12:21 AM
Fun fact that I'm pretty sure is true. T-Rich and Tony G were the last players to retire who played for Shottenheimer's Chiefs.

siberian khatru
10-05-2023, 04:09 AM

Even when he went to the Jets after the Chiefs, he still helped Curtis Martin get some more 1,000 yard seasons to put him in the HoF.

I don't remember the year, but mid to late 90's. They were going to have T Rich become the featured RB for one season and the very first game he had like 150 yards rushing. Then he got injured and it never really happened. I remember something like that. He's one of my all time favorite Chiefs for sure.

I think that was Kimble Anders

TEX
10-05-2023, 04:33 AM
Marcus Allen said T Rich was the best FB he's ever played with or against. I'll take his word for it. T Rich was solid, on and off the field.

JohnnyV13
10-05-2023, 04:39 AM

You're conflating T-Rich with Kimble Anders

J Diddy
10-05-2023, 04:53 AM
Awesome

MVChiefFan
10-05-2023, 05:52 AM
I think that was in 2000, and Richardson actually became the featured back when Anders went down. Ended the season with like 700 yards rushing.

RealSNR
10-05-2023, 05:55 AM
I do remember that one time he had like a million yards against the Donks.

That was good shit.

nychief
10-05-2023, 06:04 AM
T Rich, yes. Kimble Anders is close second.

Rasputin
10-05-2023, 06:21 AM
I have a signed T-Rich jersey that was given to me.. It's awesome as fuck.

R Clark
10-05-2023, 06:29 AM
My favorite is Ray Lewis whining about being double teamed when in fact he was just destroyed by Richardson.

On national tv no less

J Diddy
10-05-2023, 06:59 AM
I have a signed T-Rich jersey that was given to me.. It's awesome as ****.

Awesome!

Delaney37
10-05-2023, 07:38 AM

Loved T-Rich! My favorite memory from that game was watching T-Rich blow up Lewis on a sweep and knocking him 10 yards out of bounds. The utter look of defeat on Lewis's face was great and Waters coming in and barking at him "That's right, we gonna be here all night long!"

Wallcrawler
10-05-2023, 08:08 AM
It's not possible.

https://youtu.be/yXFQiI_W4Yo?si=vvw5NcJrr-VaIB3p

Rain Man
10-05-2023, 08:30 AM

You're conflating T-Rich with Kimble Anders

The weird thing is that they both had a very short great run as a feature back. Kimble was officially a feature back for a couple of games and blew out an achilles and I don't remember if he ever came back. Tony got one game at the end of a season due to injuries or something and destroyed worlds, and Carl came to him on the sidelines and said something about keeping him in that role. Then he went out and got another running back and Tony never got another chance.

Gravedigger
10-05-2023, 08:32 AM
T-Rich
Anders
Sausage

HC_Chief
10-05-2023, 08:53 AM
It's not possible.

https://youtu.be/yXFQiI_W4Yo?si=vvw5NcJrr-VaIB3p

Loved that game. We pushed their shit in.
Roaf + T-Rich completely neutralized Lewis. Total blowout in Baltimore.

Strongside
10-05-2023, 09:01 AM
Loved this guy as a player.

As a person he's a scumbag.

carcosa
10-05-2023, 10:33 AM
Loved this guy as a player.

As a person he's a scumbag.

Explain!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2023, 11:31 AM

Was definitely Kimball Anders.

I believe that was the same game in which Jerome Woods smashed Terrell Davis at the goal line after a 25 yard gain and knocked him out of the game.

Might’ve even been Gunther’s first home game as a head coach.

Mecca
10-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Explain!!!!

Well there was this story..

https://fox4kc.com/news/overland-park-neighbors-flag-chiefs-great-tony-richardson-for-leaving-home-in-disrepair/

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Tony Richardson is among the greatest fullbacks in Kansas City history — rushing for more than 1,500 yards, scoring 24 touchdowns and earning a spot in the Chiefs Hall of Fame.

Kansas City fans love him, but not so much for those who live next to house owned by the man nicknamed T-Rich.

“We are kind of at our wits end,” said Sheila Rodriguez, a neighbor in the Overland Park subdivision where Richardson has owned a home since 2002.

“That a professional football player and former Kansas City Chiefs player would be so disrespectful and negligent to just walk away from a home that he once lived in and that he still owns and expect the neighbors, the HOA and the city to maintain the property for him. It’s not right.”

The taxes haven’t been paid in four years, neither have the Homeowners Association dues. A family renting the house moved out months ago and nobody can find Richardson, who played for the Chiefs from 1995 to 2005. That includes the city of Overland Park, which has tried to take him to court twice over violations, including holes in the roof, wood rot, overgrown bushes and trees. Richardson was a no-show both times. And Richardson’s troubles don’t stop there.

In 2015, Richardson has a $468,000 judgment filed against him in Minnesota — where he owned a home while playing for the Vikings. That same year, Halls Department Store in Kansas City sued Richardson for an unpaid $20,000 credit card bill. Richardson never showed up in court, but did pay the judgment.

In 2014, a bank foreclosed on another home Richardson owned in Leawood at 139th Terrace. Court records showed he skipped nine months of mortgage payments.

Financial adviser Kathy Stepp said pro athletes often provide a cautionary tale on how not to handle your finances.

“I think they are targets because people know they have all this money and really take advantage of them,” Stepp said.

What exactly happened in Richardson’s case is unclear. He only responded to FOX 4 by text message where he denied losing the Leawood home in foreclosure. He wrote that he and his “neighbor completed a deal that is not in the county record.” He also wrote that he didn’t know the Overland Park house was in such poor shape. He said he “could have been reached through a neighbor before the property got that bad.”

Neighbors told FOX 4 that every effort to reach him failed, which is why they turned to Problem Solvers. We contacted Richardson, who lives in Long Island City, New York, through his mom.

She promised to have him call us and the city of Overland Park. He did call the city.

“We have heard from Mr. Richardson and he has advised us he will contact the city with the name of a contractor to take care of some issues,” said city spokesman Sean Reilly.

About a week later, someone repaired one of the roof’s largest holes, but left without doing any more work.

“It’s like he doesn’t care,” Rodriguez said.

Neighbors say their only hope now is that Richardson will sell the house to someone who wants to live there and maintain it. Neighbors say they’d rather remember Richardson for his NFL glory.

FloridaMan88
10-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Okoye was technically listed as a fullback on the Chiefs depth chart, but I think of him more as a halfback.

Third Eye
10-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Well there was this story..

https://fox4kc.com/news/overland-park-neighbors-flag-chiefs-great-tony-richardson-for-leaving-home-in-disrepair/

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Tony Richardson is among the greatest fullbacks in Kansas City history — rushing for more than 1,500 yards, scoring 24 touchdowns and earning a spot in the Chiefs Hall of Fame.

Kansas City fans love him, but not so much for those who live next to house owned by the man nicknamed T-Rich.

“We are kind of at our wits end,” said Sheila Rodriguez, a neighbor in the Overland Park subdivision where Richardson has owned a home since 2002.

“That a professional football player and former Kansas City Chiefs player would be so disrespectful and negligent to just walk away from a home that he once lived in and that he still owns and expect the neighbors, the HOA and the city to maintain the property for him. It’s not right.”

The taxes haven’t been paid in four years, neither have the Homeowners Association dues. A family renting the house moved out months ago and nobody can find Richardson, who played for the Chiefs from 1995 to 2005. That includes the city of Overland Park, which has tried to take him to court twice over violations, including holes in the roof, wood rot, overgrown bushes and trees. Richardson was a no-show both times. And Richardson’s troubles don’t stop there.

In 2015, Richardson has a $468,000 judgment filed against him in Minnesota — where he owned a home while playing for the Vikings. That same year, Halls Department Store in Kansas City sued Richardson for an unpaid $20,000 credit card bill. Richardson never showed up in court, but did pay the judgment.

In 2014, a bank foreclosed on another home Richardson owned in Leawood at 139th Terrace. Court records showed he skipped nine months of mortgage payments.

Financial adviser Kathy Stepp said pro athletes often provide a cautionary tale on how not to handle your finances.

“I think they are targets because people know they have all this money and really take advantage of them,” Stepp said.

What exactly happened in Richardson’s case is unclear. He only responded to FOX 4 by text message where he denied losing the Leawood home in foreclosure. He wrote that he and his “neighbor completed a deal that is not in the county record.” He also wrote that he didn’t know the Overland Park house was in such poor shape. He said he “could have been reached through a neighbor before the property got that bad.”

Neighbors told FOX 4 that every effort to reach him failed, which is why they turned to Problem Solvers. We contacted Richardson, who lives in Long Island City, New York, through his mom.

She promised to have him call us and the city of Overland Park. He did call the city.

“We have heard from Mr. Richardson and he has advised us he will contact the city with the name of a contractor to take care of some issues,” said city spokesman Sean Reilly.

About a week later, someone repaired one of the roof’s largest holes, but left without doing any more work.

“It’s like he doesn’t care,” Rodriguez said.

Neighbors say their only hope now is that Richardson will sell the house to someone who wants to live there and maintain it. Neighbors say they’d rather remember Richardson for his NFL glory.

I was wondering how far I'd have to get before this was posted. This article is from 2017. It actually sat vacant for several years after this. I'm not sure exactly how everything worked out legally, but it finally got sold and rehabbed in either '21 or '22. We live in a subdivision diagonal to this one and used to drive by it from time to time to see how far it had fallen in disrepair.

Rain Man
10-05-2023, 01:56 PM
That house story is weird because I remember there were also stories at the end of his Chiefs days about him being good with money and getting an MBA and that sort of thing. What's the disconnect?

Strongside
10-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Explain!!!!

Dated a good friend of mine for about 2 years. Was pretty cool at first, treated her well. I’d go over to his place in OP for cigars or to watch a game every now and then. Guy was always getting super banged up on scotch and party drugs. About 8 months into the relationship he got physically violent with our friend. We didn’t know this until later in tue relationship after it’d been going on for a while and she showed up at our house with bruises on her ribs and neck. He never hit her in the face but would apparently kick the shit out of her.

He has a great reputation around KC as being some kind of humanitarian, but I’ve seen plenty to show otherwise.

I will say his basement at the time was a Chiefs fan’s wet dream. Almost all of DT’s game balls were down there.

Eleazar
10-05-2023, 08:13 PM
That house story is weird because I remember there were also stories at the end of his Chiefs days about him being good with money and getting an MBA and that sort of thing. What's the disconnect?

He was on some radio commercials related to some school that had an executive MBA program if I remember correctly.

Rain Man
10-05-2023, 08:48 PM
I guess we should never look at our heroes too closely.

Jamie
10-05-2023, 10:21 PM
Kimble was officially a feature back for a couple of games and blew out an achilles and I don't remember if he ever came back.

The funny part was we were so beat down by the likes of Donnell Bennett and Bam Morris we were excited about making a 33 year old fullback our feature back. And he was really good for two games, then it was right back to 3 yards per carry.

Tony got one game at the end of a season due to injuries or something and destroyed worlds, and Carl came to him on the sidelines and said something about keeping him in that role. Then he went out and got another running back and Tony never got another chance.

The other RB was Priest, wasn't it? Richardson was supposed to be the lead back and they were splitting carries until Priest broke out against Washington.

Rain Man
10-05-2023, 11:24 PM
The funny part was we were so beat down by the likes of Donnell Bennett and Bam Morris we were excited about making a 33 year old fullback our feature back. And he was really good for two games, then it was right back to 3 yards per carry.

Yeah, I remember the thinking that maybe we had an undiscovered gem in our backyard, and then he took one wrong step and was gone.

The other RB was Priest, wasn't it? Richardson was supposed to be the lead back and they were splitting carries until Priest broke out against Washington.

It probably was, now that you mention it. I remember that it was a guy that I didn't think was necessarily a proven guy, and Priest had lost his starting job in Baltimore. I thought Tony had earned the starting opportunity based on one game the previous year.

This may be the first early learning that running backs are kind of interchangeable.