PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is the best team in the NFL?

Hammock Parties
10-15-2023, 07:18 PM
Everyone has a loss.

Only one team lost a game because of a drop or two.

It's us, now vote in my poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comochiefsfan
10-15-2023, 07:19 PM
Still the 49ers.

But it would be the Chiefs with another pass catcher worth a shit.

Pepe Silvia
10-15-2023, 07:20 PM
Still the 49ers.

Rice will take over as the man by years end.

Why Not?
10-15-2023, 07:20 PM
Still the 49ers.

You cannot lose a game to PJ Walker and be considered the best team in the league.

TwistedChief
10-15-2023, 07:21 PM
49ers if they’re healthy.

DenverChief
10-15-2023, 07:22 PM
Is this a trick question?

lewdog
Chiefs at this point.

Niners lost to a nobody. We’ve beaten this same Eagles team. Dolphins defense is garbage. Lions lol.

rico
Chiefs and Lions.

wazu
10-15-2023, 07:24 PM
The Chiefs. Not only do we have Mahomes, but we now have the best team surrounding Mahomes that we've ever had.

DenverChief
Chiefs at this point.

Niners lost to a nobody. We’ve beaten this same Eagles team. Dolphins defense is garbage. Lions lol.

Hurts thew Three (3!) picks against the Jets..

FloridaMan88
The team with Patrick Mahomes at QB.

Sofa King
10-15-2023, 07:26 PM
Whoever beats the Broncos. Fuck the Broncos.

KC Hawks
10-15-2023, 07:26 PM
KC Chiefs and IMHO they're my favorite team

Clyde Frog
10-15-2023, 07:27 PM
Both biased and unbiased opinions; it’s the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mav
You cannot lose a game to PJ Walker and be considered the best team in the league.

They’re fg kicker missed two fg’s in the 40’s, they lost Deebo, and MCCaffrey. Every team has a stinker. And the Browns have the best defense in football.

Hog's Gone Fishin

If 23 goes down, it's like us losing #15

St. Patty's Fire
10-15-2023, 07:28 PM
chiefs rn for sure. patrick mahomes + elite defense. every other team is still playing catchup

Mav

He’s ridiculous.

Mav
Chiefs in the AFC, 49ers in the NFC.

Stinger
10-15-2023, 07:29 PM
Changes week to week

St. Patty's Fire
10-15-2023, 07:29 PM
i think after today tho i’d put the lions on the level of the eagles and 9ers

they are legit legit this year and in this nfc they could make the super bowl

TwistedChief
10-15-2023, 07:31 PM

It’s literally not even close, especially as Shanahan is the single best run game designer in NFL history.

srvy
10-15-2023, 07:47 PM
Still the 49ers.

The cream will rise to the top in the stretch ye of little faith.

R Clark
10-15-2023, 07:54 PM

Aren’t you the Alex boot licker from a few yrs back? A 49 er nut hugger.

ChiefsFanatic
10-15-2023, 07:58 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe 49ers are the best team in the NFL and obviously the NFC, but right now the AFC is too close to choose any one team.

If we perform better offensively, we could be the top team, but right now I would choose a team with a more consistent offense, like Miami.

Peter Gibbons
10-15-2023, 08:33 PM
Why no Denver option? Knowmo, thoughts?

Chris Meck
10-15-2023, 08:35 PM
I mean The Lions aren't even a playoff team, I read that right here on CP.

Chiefshrink
10-15-2023, 08:38 PM

We are "in their heads" and no way we lose to them. Kyle isn't beating Andy when all things are equal(healthy lineups).

Chiefshrink
10-15-2023, 08:41 PM
I mean The Lions aren't even a playoff team, I read that right here on CP.

Oh come now, can't we let Campbell and the kittens have their short stint stay in the sun????:rolleyes:

Jewish Rabbi
10-15-2023, 08:58 PM

Not so sure. Watched my fair share of Purdy in college living in Iowa. He had a ton of games like he had today to the point where he was known as Brock Turdy by a lot of Clones fans. I expect we’ll see more of these games from him.

TwistedChief
10-15-2023, 09:00 PM
Not so sure. Watched my fair share of Purdy in college living in Iowa. He had a ton of games like he had today to the point where he was known as Brock Turdy by a lot of Clones fans. I expect we’ll see more of these games from him.

They’re so talented around him though. Much more than we are.

I’d pick us against them all day because of Mahomes but I think they’re still the best team.

stevieray
10-15-2023, 09:13 PM
"Defense wins Championships."

This team is overdue.

R Clark
10-15-2023, 09:16 PM
It’s literally not even close, especially as Shanahan is the single best run game designer in NFL history.

Haven’t the chiefs won the last two games they’ve played? And the last one didn’t the Chiefs dominate with the new running back?

mr. tegu
10-15-2023, 09:17 PM
The Chiefs obviously.

ForeverIowan
10-15-2023, 09:20 PM
Best point differential in Chiefs history through week 6.

We have a legit top 5 defense and best Kicker/Punter duo in the league.

Our primary concern right now is the offense and we have Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid. The offense will turn it up when needed.

I like our odds.

TwistedChief
10-15-2023, 09:24 PM
Haven’t the chiefs won the last two games they’ve played? And the last one didn’t the Chiefs dominate with the new running back?

Do you even know what that comment was referencing?

It’s not even close to think losing Mahomes is the same as losing CMC. Do you disagree with my take? Please share.

Rainbarrel
10-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Cock measurement matters

Why Not?
10-15-2023, 09:54 PM
They’re fg kicker missed two fg’s in the 40’s, they lost Deebo, and MCCaffrey. Every team has a stinker. And the Browns have the best defense in football.

If you're the best team in football, you don't lose to PJ Walker. I don't care what the circumstances are.

PunkinDrublic
10-15-2023, 10:07 PM
9ers talent wise but no team in the past several years has found a way to win down the stretch like the Chiefs. 9ers are an elite organization but how does Purdy react when a team gets up on them?

MahomesMagic
10-15-2023, 10:16 PM
They’re so talented around him though. Much more than we are.

I’d pick us against them all day because of Mahomes but I think they’re still the best team.

I would pick 49ers over Chiefs if we were playing a typical NFL zone heavy, Cover 2 defense. If you let Purdy throw to those weapons with easy throws you die.

But we have Spags so KC is the number 1 team right now.

TwistedChief
10-15-2023, 10:19 PM
I would pick 49ers over Chiefs if we were playing a typical NFL zone heavy, Cover 2 defense. If you let Purdy throw to those weapons with easy throws you die.

But we have Spags so KC is the number 1 team right now.

I'd like to say the Spags gameplan is the entire difference in that matchup, but then I'm left remembering what Reid did to them last year to completely throw Bosa and that defense into a blender.

They have more talent than we do, but we have some masterminds that in a single matchup can completely shift the outcome.

MahomesMagic
10-15-2023, 10:22 PM
I'd like to say the Spags gameplan is the entire difference in that matchup, but then I'm left remembering what Reid did to them last year to completely throw Bosa and that defense into a blender.

They have more talent than we do, but we have some masterminds that in a single matchup can completely shift the outcome.

Reid also dices up the Saleh D which they are still running. I just didn't mention it because I am waiting to see if we have anyone other than Kelce that Mahomes trusts that late in the year.

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-15-2023, 11:03 PM

XFL 2020 disagrees

philfree
10-15-2023, 11:26 PM
The Chiefs have the longest winning streak in the NFL so they are #1 IMHO!

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2023, 11:57 PM

alexian excuses

bdj23
10-16-2023, 12:05 AM
49ers probably with KC being a close second. Chiefs have been pretty good at beating them the last couple years so i don't really care about that though.

RollChiefsRoll
10-16-2023, 12:08 AM
It’s the goddamn Chiefs.

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:45 AM
Aren’t you the Alex boot licker from a few yrs back? A 49 er nut hugger.

Nah, I’m your moms favorite side piece.

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:46 AM

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:47 AM
alexian excuses

Probably. But the 49ers lost the game, more than the Browns won it.

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:47 AM

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:50 AM
alexian excuses

Probably.

Mav
10-16-2023, 12:54 AM
Dupe

Buehler445
10-16-2023, 12:57 AM

Shanarat Jr also gets everyone killed. Bosas problems are not on Rat, but the dumbfuck left his TE singled up on Hassan Reddick to get the last remaining QB on his roster killed. In the NFCCG. In the first quarter.

Shanarat Jr is an elite coach. He’s also dumb as fuck.

Buehler445
10-16-2023, 12:58 AM
Oh and it’s us.

We have the best loss out of anyone.

JPH83
10-16-2023, 03:38 AM
In terms of talent across the roster I think all those teams bar the Lions are ahead of us. Maybe Eagles followed by 49ers then Miami? But as others have said I'm not sure it means much, and as soon as those teams are paying a QB they'll be toast.

BigRock
10-16-2023, 04:26 AM
WHO HAS FUCKIN' MAHOMES?

OH, IS IT STILL US?

THEN FUCKIN' A.

Womble
10-16-2023, 06:13 AM

Losing Deebo and CMC is no excuse. If we lost our equivalent of those 2 players in CEH and Skyy Moore we would still be be okay.

kysirsoze
10-16-2023, 06:19 AM
Well it's obviously close, but without a clear top team, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the reigning champs with GOATs at QB and head coach.

O.city
10-16-2023, 06:20 AM
So the 9ers lost a game without a couple of their best players. Seems the Chiefs did too?

I'd actually say as of today...the Lions might be playing the all around best football.

RunKC
10-16-2023, 06:44 AM
With this talent Spags will destroy that system fraud QB in SF.

IA_Chiefs_fan
10-16-2023, 06:50 AM
For now I think it's the 49ers, assuming they get their offensive weapons back quickly. However, as our offense comes together the Chiefs will become the best team down the stretch.

R Clark
10-16-2023, 07:11 AM
Nah, I’m your moms favorite side piece.

What’s the term for banging dead people? I can’t remember shit anymore with the exception of you

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 07:16 AM
It’s probably the 49ers for now but shanahan just seems prone to being beat by the wrong performance wrong time. The eagles and chiefs seem out of rhythm but I think by years end they are easily the best.

49ers probably fall into the same predictable pattern. Dominate, bad loss (it’s actually not too surprising if you look at Jim Schwartz’s history vs shananan… I hope that people put $ on browns spread). Key injury followed by shock that they’re still able to dominate. Inevitable playoff loss where they get throttled.

Why Not?
10-16-2023, 07:17 AM
Shanarat Jr also gets everyone killed. Bosas problems are not on Rat, but the dumb**** left his TE singled up on Hassan Reddick to get the last remaining QB on his roster killed. In the NFCCG. In the first quarter.

Shanarat Jr is an elite coach. He’s also dumb as ****.

Yes, he's a legit idiot with game management. What I'm not seeing being talked about a lot was yesterday he had a timeout left and plenty of time to run another play before he had his rookie kicker attempt a game winner in shitty conditions. Add that to getting Purdy killed in the NFCCG, melting down against us in the SB, and let's not forget it was his "brilliant" offense that completely went dormant in the infamous 28-3 SB.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 07:19 AM
Here’s something I wondered… it seems like OCs are working feverishly to keep running QBs in the pocket. I haven’t seen many eagles games but the ravens, cowboys and bills are definitely doing it. Is that a long term deal? Or are they trying to save the hard running for the playoff run, meanwhile hoping the early going is good for their development as a pocket passer?

In either event, all of those guys are way worse when they can’t run.

O.city
10-16-2023, 07:26 AM
I'd say it's more likely that those running QB's are gonna get hurt.

You can't run in the league and continue to have success at the QB spot. You have to throw the ball from the pocket in January to win.

FlaChief58
10-16-2023, 07:28 AM
There are 32 teams in the nfl. 31 of those are mere stepping stones for my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs. Fans of those other 31 teams should all drink from the antifreeze fountain before setting themselves ablaze at the burning aids tree.

TwistedChief
10-16-2023, 07:37 AM
Here’s something I wondered… it seems like OCs are working feverishly to keep running QBs in the pocket. I haven’t seen many eagles games but the ravens, cowboys and bills are definitely doing it. Is that a long term deal? Or are they trying to save the hard running for the playoff run, meanwhile hoping the early going is good for their development as a pocket passer?

Not sure where I come out on that, but the Ravens and Cowboys are both dealing with new OCs and the Bills invested enough in their OL to have a better traditional run game.

O.city
10-16-2023, 07:40 AM
I think we underestimate how much change in the offseason matters. New OC's, new schemes, new players etc.

St. Patty's Fire
10-16-2023, 07:45 AM
So the 9ers lost a game without a couple of their best players. Seems the Chiefs did too?

I'd actually say as of today...the Lions might be playing the all around best football.

The Lions are really good. Goff has carved out a career as a fringe top-10 QB but he’s the reason I’m not saying they’re NFC favs rn. I just don’t trust him when the going gets tough against an elite opponent. Their offense didnt look great against a good defense like ours. I don’t really trust any NFC QBs tbh. Hurts is the closest but look at last night.

Buehler445
10-16-2023, 07:48 AM

Cowcunts have been trying to keep Dak in the pocket since he put his leg in a meat grinder.

Lamar has been hurt every year since his MVP season, so that makes sense.

Allen is a fucking moron. He's already hurt himself and was still trying to truck dudes last night.

What Mahomes does should be what every one of these dudes do. Opportunistic running when there is a lane, and awareness of when the hell to get the fuck down. But in the heat of the moment it just doesn't happen.

I haven't paid much attention to Daks athleticism, but I'm guessing it's not what it was when he was running, but Lamar and Allen are WAY better runners than Mahomes. But Mahomes is way better at running (if you add the caveat of keeping yourself alive).

O.city
10-16-2023, 07:49 AM
Dak can't run anymore. The athleticism is down a peg and it shows.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 07:50 AM
I'd say it's more likely that those running QB's are gonna get hurt.

You can't run in the league and continue to have success at the QB spot. You have to throw the ball from the pocket in January to win.

Sure. But what about during the final stretch where you do anything it takes to win? If Allen and Lamar play like this without their legs those teams aren’t going anywhere. I’m wondering if it’s an overall philosophy of wanting them throwing from the pocket or if it’s saving a lot of that until later. No reason to risk injury early in the season.

I guess we’ll see. Because that’s an interesting trend that seems to be occurring on a LOT of pass offenses this season

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 07:52 AM
Cow****s have been trying to keep Dak in the pocket since he put his leg in a meat grinder.

Lamar has been hurt every year since his MVP season, so that makes sense.

Allen is a ****ing moron. He's already hurt himself and was still trying to truck dudes last night.

What Mahomes does should be what every one of these dudes do. Opportunistic running when there is a lane, and awareness of when the hell to get the **** down. But in the heat of the moment it just doesn't happen.

I haven't paid much attention to Daks athleticism, but I'm guessing it's not what it was when he was running, but Lamar and Allen are WAY better runners than Mahomes. But Mahomes is way better at running (if you add the caveat of keeping yourself alive).

I tend to agree. But I don’t think any of those guys have what it takes to win on arm alone. Mahomes can. It’s the good ole’ Big Ben situation all over again. He was never the same after Haley forced him to run an efficient offense, but with all the hits he took there’s simply no way he could have physically handled being battered for much longer. Preserving the hard hits for a playoffs, that might actually be kinda sustainable?

Gary Cooper
10-16-2023, 07:54 AM
I don't know the answer but I know the Chargers will be the best team in 2024 per the pundits.

O.city
10-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Sure. But what about during the final stretch where you do anything it takes to win? If Allen and Lamar play like this without their legs those teams aren’t going anywhere. I’m wondering if it’s an overall philosophy of wanting them throwing from the pocket or if it’s saving a lot of that until later. No reason to risk injury early in the season.

I guess we’ll see. Because that’s an interesting trend that seems to be occurring on a LOT of pass offenses this season

They won't be healthy by then to be able to run. Lamar never has been able to stay healthy.

Usually, running QB's in the playoffs don't work out well when defenses can gameplan against it.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 08:02 AM
They won't be healthy by then to be able to run. Lamar never has been able to stay healthy.

Usually, running QB's in the playoffs don't work out well when defenses can gameplan against it.

I tend to agree but based on what we’ve seen from Allen and Lamar I’m not sure keeping them in the pocket is much better

O.city
10-16-2023, 08:08 AM
I tend to agree but based on what we’ve seen from Allen and Lamar I’m not sure keeping them in the pocket is much better

It's what they've gotta do. Until they can be pocket passers and use the running just in times of need, they won't win anything.

InChiefsHeaven
10-16-2023, 09:08 AM
It’s the goddamn Chiefs.

https://media.tenor.com/eiYNWS2e6msAAAAM/youre-right-breaking-bad.gif

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 10:11 AM
Still the 49ers.

We don't have a premier 2nd pass catching option.

They don't have a quarterback.

I know which problem I'd rather have...

staylor26
10-16-2023, 10:18 AM
We don't have a premier 2nd pass catching option.

They don't have a quarterback.

I know which problem I'd rather have...

Also, what's more likely, Rice turns into that premier 2nd pass catching option, or Purdy turns into an elite QB against a great defense outside of Levi's stadium?

O.city
10-16-2023, 10:19 AM
I do think teams have caught up with the offensive stuff a bit. There's just so many freak athletes on DL's now.....defenses are kinda the in thing right now.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 10:28 AM
I think the Chiefs, Eagles, and 49ers have the most juice, I struggle to believe in the Dolphins. I just can't help but think Spags could put a lid on that offense.

Honestly, it just comes down to counter-punches. Which team can suffer the most punches and have a broader array of effective counterpunches to win in a number of ways.

It's really hard to beat Mahomes + that defense. The Chiefs can win with a decent run game, a promising passing game, and a fantastic defense. The Eagles and 49ers can as well, but I think the 49ers offer more across the board. They have All Pros across every aspect of that team, it's as close to a QB-proof team that can exist.

O.city
10-16-2023, 10:30 AM
I don't care how good of guys you have around the QB, at some point you need said QB to make some plays. Purdy is, in the end, a 7th round QB for a reason.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 10:31 AM
I don't care how good of guys you have around the QB, at some point you need said QB to make some plays. Purdy is, in the end, a 7th round QB for a reason.

What round of QB has he been playing like?

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 10:34 AM

Did we not go through this with Grapes already?

Didn't he start like 7-0 when he got dealt out there? And they hid him and folks thought "yeah, this guy can win a Super Bowl..."

Then the very moment O.City is talking about arose. And Grapes air-mailed a kill-shot to Sanders. And missed several others that would've kept things from ever truly tightening up. When the 9ers needed him, he wasn't there.

And that will be the case with Purdy as well.

We went through this for 25 years. We've seen this movie - a LOT. And all of us know how it ends.

O.city
10-16-2023, 10:37 AM

When they play elite defenses in the playoffs, he's gonna have to make plays, no matter how "QB proof" the team around him is.

He's played well so far. It would go against everything we know about the QB position and the league for that to really continue.

crispystl
10-16-2023, 10:37 AM

He sure as hell played like a 7th round pick yesterday.
Oct 15 @ Browns 44.4/125/1/1 55.3

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 10:38 AM

Against teams that don't have the horses to make him make big boy throws he looks like a 1st rounder showing to uncovered superstars in big windows.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 10:44 AM
He sure as hell played like a 7th round pick yesterday.
Oct 15 @ Browns 44.4/125/1/1 55.3

That's fair. I just prefer to take the whole sample size, and just cherry pick his biggest stinker.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 10:47 AM
When they play elite defenses in the playoffs, he's gonna have to make plays, no matter how "QB proof" the team around him is.

He's played well so far. It would go against everything we know about the QB position and the league for that to really continue.

Did we not go through this with Grapes already?

Didn't he start like 7-0 when he got dealt out there? And they hid him and folks thought "yeah, this guy can win a Super Bowl..."

Then the very moment O.City is talking about arose. And Grapes air-mailed a kill-shot to Sanders. And missed several others that would've kept things from ever truly tightening up. When the 9ers needed him, he wasn't there.

And that will be the case with Purdy as well.

We went through this for 25 years. We've seen this movie - a LOT. And all of us know how it ends.

Against teams that don't have the horses to make him make big boy throws he looks like a 1st rounder showing to uncovered superstars in big windows.

First off, I like him more than Garoppolo. And so does everybody in this thread: if asked to choose between the two, I bet we all take Brock.

Second, I don't think he'll have to make that many throws. His run game is elite, his protection is great, his weapons are the best in the NFL, arguably. And his defense is great as well, so he's probably not going to have to put up 30+ in a playoff game.

That's what I mean by QB proof. They put him in the best possible situation and he's playing up to it.

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 10:50 AM
First off, I like him more than Garoppolo. And so does everybody in this thread: if asked to choose between the two, I bet we all take Brock.

Second, I don't think he'll have to make that many throws. His run game is elite, his protection is great, his weapons are the best in the NFL, arguably. And his defense is great as well, so he's probably not going to have to put up 30+ in a playoff game.

That's what I mean by QB proof. They put him in the best possible situation and he's playing up to it.

He's better than Jimmy G but that's not a very high bar.

We have the DC and personnel to make Purdy look pedestrian.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 10:53 AM
He's better than Jimmy G but that's not a very high bar.

We have the DC and personnel to make Purdy look pedestrian.

I really do think that's true. I think it's possible we can confuse and upset his game.

I am not sure about how the run defense may fare against McCaffrey. I want to see us against a really good run team, because so far they've actually played the run very solidly. But I wasn't thrilled with what Javonte Williams did to us on Thursday.

Linebackers are going to have to have a day against the 49ers should we face off. Fortunately we may have the best LB corps in the league.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 10:55 AM

The cry of the Marty Ballers.

No, in the regular season he won't have to make that many throws.

In the playoffs there's going to be at least one he HAS to make that he won't.

Again, we've seen this for 25 years.

Bearcat
10-16-2023, 10:57 AM
I really do think that's true. I think it's possible we can confuse and upset his game.

I am not sure about how the run defense may fare against McCaffrey. I want to see us against a really good run team, because so far they've actually played the run very solidly. But I wasn't thrilled with what Javonte Williams did to us on Thursday.

Linebackers are going to have to have a day against the 49ers should we face off. Fortunately we may have the best LB corps in the league.

Or they'll give up 150 yards rushing like in the first Super Bowl and it won't matter a ton.

wachashi
10-16-2023, 11:03 AM
Vegas likes the 49ers at this point in the season as slight favorites over the Chiefs.

O.city
10-16-2023, 11:07 AM

The cry of the Marty Ballers.

No, in the regular season he won't have to make that many throws.

In the playoffs there's going to be at least one he HAS to make that he won't.

Again, we've seen this for 25 years.

This is what I'm trying and failing to say apparently.

They'll play someone they won't be able to run the ball on and he's gonna have to stand in there and make throws.

I would guess he can't do that.

Azide22
10-16-2023, 11:07 AM

About once per decade a team with a transcendent defense wins a title with pedestrian QB play. Think 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2015 Donks. Didn't happen in the 90s at all, and the 80s are both debatable and a completely different era of football. 85 Bears and 86 Giants had moderately above average QB play - but again, different era.

I'm not convinced you can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs without flukes or your own great QB play.

O.city
10-16-2023, 11:10 AM
About once per decade a team with a transcendent defense wins a title with pedestrian QB play. Think 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2015 Donks. Didn't happen in the 90s at all, and the 80s are both debatable and a completely different era of football. 85 Bears and 86 Giants had moderately above average QB play - but again, different era.

I'm not convinced you can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs without flukes or your own great QB play.

Sure, it could happen. The NFC this year is devoid of good QB's so there's a chance they have to beat Geno Smith, Jared Goff and Jalen Hurts to get to the SB. That's not exactly murderers row of ass kickers.

And in a one game SB, sure anything can happen.

But history says against one of those teams, his defense will shit itself and give up 28 or 30 points and the run game is not there.

Than what?

Hammock Parties
10-16-2023, 11:12 AM
chiefs are the only team ranked in the top 10 in DVOA in all three phases

yeah, it's us

mr. tegu
10-16-2023, 11:12 AM
The problem for the 49ers is that they are basically a house of cards. The foundation is about as flimsy as it gets with their players and the injury history they have on offense. Yesterday was but a preview of the adversity Purdy is going to face the rest of the season.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-16-2023, 11:13 AM

Purdy had to play a close game or from behind... to get them in field goal range he had a 6 yard throw that Aiyuk took for 35 after bad angles and attempted tackles, otherwise he was ineffective. That was his MO at Iowa State. Struggled when he had to make plays...

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 11:17 AM
The problem for the 49ers is that they are basically a house of cards. The foundation is about as flimsy as it gets with their players and the injury history they have on offense. Yesterday was but a preview of the adversity Purdy is going to face the rest of the season.

Same as the Ravens.

One game script that's wholly dependent on a single player who's awfully exposed out there.

If that game script goes sideways on them or that one player gets hurt, all hell will break lose.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-16-2023, 11:18 AM
I wanna choose the Chiefs, but for some reason, I feel compelled to pick Denver. There's just a certain aura to this thread.

KCJake
10-16-2023, 11:19 AM
The Chiefs. Not only do we have Mahomes, but we now have the best team surrounding Mahomes that we've ever had.

The defense is lights out right now but this is the worst group of WR's we've had in the Mahomes era.

Chiefnj2
10-16-2023, 11:24 AM
Same as the Ravens.

One game script that's wholly dependent on a single player who's awfully exposed out there.

If that game script goes sideways on them or that one player gets hurt, all hell will break lose.

KC doesn’t have a similar problem if Kelce is out?

Mahomes_Is_God
10-16-2023, 11:26 AM
The defense is lights out right now but this is the worst group of WR's we've had in the Mahomes era.

Who needs WRs when you have a QB who dives through the air and literally throws the football into your helmet. Fuck 'em. We got Superman leading this offence. He doesn't even really need an offensive line if we're being completely honest.

staylor26
10-16-2023, 11:27 AM

LMAO

The Chiefs have dealt with plenty of injuries and adversity for the last 5 years. We've had Mahomes go out in the middle of a playoff game twice. We've been without Jones for multiple games in the playoffs. We traded Tyreek and won a SB.

They lost Kelce on short notice (without Chris Jones already) against a team that's 5-1 now, and they still could've easily won that game.

Why are Chiefs fans incapable of understanding the difference between the Chiefs and the rest of the NFL?

mr. tegu
10-16-2023, 11:29 AM

Every team has problems when their best skill players are out or struggling. The question is which QB has the best chance to overcome it.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 11:29 AM

No.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-16-2023, 11:32 AM

We almost beat the Lions without Kelce and Jones...

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 11:37 AM
It is crazy to think we are one Kadarious drop away from being 6-0, given the struggles the team has legitimately had.

I mean: Toney just catches one of those three misses, and we're 6-0.

Soon as they get that bye, and Andy Reid self-scouts, squeezes out some of the problems Jawaan Taylor's having, and sorts out his receivers the way he likes them, it's going to be a fascinating December.

Mav
10-16-2023, 11:43 AM
What’s the term for banging dead people? I can’t remember shit anymore with the exception of you

I don’t know if I should be flattered or mortified. For the record, I have no recollection of you whatsoever. Let’s keep it that way Bozo.

Megatron96
10-16-2023, 11:55 AM
Voted 49ers, because just roster-wise, they obviously have the best overall offensive/defensive team.

However, DET's defense is trending higher, and they've played more quality offenses than SF has to date. I think a case could be made that DET will end the season as the better team over SF.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2023, 11:56 AM
Voted 49ers, because just roster-wise, they obviously have the best overall offensive/defensive team.

However, DET's defense is trending higher, and they've played more quality offenses than SF has to date. I think a case could be made that DET will end the season as the better team over SF.

Oh.

So the Chiefs are your THIRD best team in football. Maybe. If you squint.

Got it.

ChiTown
10-16-2023, 12:06 PM
Right now, it's very difficult to pick out a clear #1 from that group. I'd say that those 5 are clearly a step above the others though.

staylor26
10-16-2023, 12:09 PM
Oh.

Got it.

WTF happened to that guy?

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 12:21 PM

I don’t buy that. The 49ers lose their running backs every single year. And that’s with jimmy g who is worse than purdy. The 49ers will be fine since they’re loaded everywhere else. Their issue is way more that, like the chargers, they usually find ways to lose big games In spectacularly bad fashion.

Megatron96
10-16-2023, 12:22 PM
Oh.

Got it.

Lol

Not what I said. The only team I'm putting above the Chiefs right now is SF, and that's mostly based on the quality of their roster. The fact of the matter is, that SF really hasn't played anyone, outside of DAL, so it's kind of hard to judge them accurately, especially after their loss last night to CLE.

All I said about DET is that they're in the conversation right now 6 weeks in, because they've played a relatively tough schedule and they're trending in the right direction statistically. I think that gives them at the least a seat at the table.

My point is that SF, KC and POSSIBLY the Lions could be the best team in the NFL with 6 weeks in the books. Basically, I don't think there's a definitive answer to the question yet.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-16-2023, 12:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Mahomes is 3-0 vs the 49ers with an average margin of victory of 14.

I'll see it when I believe it.

Azide22
10-16-2023, 01:03 PM
Sure, it could happen. The NFC this year is devoid of good QB's so there's a chance they have to beat Geno Smith, Jared Goff and Jalen Hurts to get to the SB. That's not exactly murderers row of ass kickers.

And in a one game SB, sure anything can happen.

But history says against one of those teams, his defense will shit itself and give up 28 or 30 points and the run game is not there.

Than what?

Exactly. The margin for victory is so so small without great QB play. You have to be far ahead of the other teams at like 15 positions instead of a few. Then you have to be lucky to beat that superstar QB on a bad day (think 2021 Bengals - it wasn't Burrow who beat the Chiefs, it was the Chiefs who beat themselves).

In 2018, all the Chiefs needed was an average defense and it's a title. Mahomes almost won it anyway with a dumpster fire defense.

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 01:05 PM

Shanahan runs his stars into the ground in regular season games while Reid treats this more like NBA load management.

We are more likely to be healthy than they are in the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2023, 01:18 PM
There are areas I’d love for kc to be better but it’s really hard to say we won’t ultimately be #1

It is a weird and unconventional year in that defenses vastly improved. Or arguably offenses have regressed, which is weird because we haven’t seen blowback yet from some of these mega contracts.

I think it’ll be a tough road for us. Cincy and whoever we see in the nfc will be very tough outs. But all roads go through Kansas City. I tend to think kc and Philly would are favorites to repeat and let’s be real… it’s the Super Bowl the whole world wants

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 01:23 PM
There are areas I’d love for kc to be better but it’s really hard to say we won’t ultimately be #1

It is a weird and unconventional year in that defenses vastly improved. Or arguably offenses have regressed, which is weird because we haven’t seen blowback yet from some of these mega contracts.

I think it’ll be a tough road for us. Cincy and whoever we see in the nfc will be very tough outs. But all roads go through Kansas City. I tend to think kc and Philly would are favorites to repeat and let’s be real… it’s the Super Bowl the whole world wants

Hurts looks much worse without Steichen.

He was really, really bad yesterday. Struggled beating Jets practice squad guys in the secondary.

JPH83
10-16-2023, 01:57 PM
Which of those teams is the fake? I feel like it's the Lions. Plenty of talent but I dunno. They feel like a team that will get figured out

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 02:06 PM
Hurts looks much worse without Steichen.

He was really, really bad yesterday. Struggled beating Jets practice squad guys in the secondary.

Is that for real!? I haven't seen an Eagles game yet.

ModSocks
10-16-2023, 02:08 PM

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10987063002238023533" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/the-graham-norton-show-taylor-swift-what-confused-so-gif-10987063002238023533">The Graham Norton Show Taylor Swift GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/the+graham+norton+show-gifs">The Graham Norton Show GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

BeMyValentine
10-16-2023, 02:10 PM

Jets if they are healthy.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 02:17 PM
Lol

Not what I said. The only team I'm putting above the Chiefs right now is SF, and that's mostly based on the quality of their roster. The fact of the matter is, that SF really hasn't played anyone, outside of DAL, so it's kind of hard to judge them accurately, especially after their loss last night to CLE.

All I said about DET is that they're in the conversation right now 6 weeks in, because they've played a relatively tough schedule and they're trending in the right direction statistically. I think that gives them at the least a seat at the table.

My point is that SF, KC and POSSIBLY the Lions could be the best team in the NFL with 6 weeks in the books. Basically, I don't think there's a definitive answer to the question yet.

I will say this: maybe the 49ers and the Eagles are better than the Chiefs because they're more talented. But that's the end of the list of teams that are even in that conversation.

But in the AFC, the Chiefs are primarily threatened by teams that they are almost certainly better than, but are built in such a way that provide difficult matchup problems.

Most obvious example is the Bills. The Chiefs have unquestionably been better than them, but they are built specifically to beat the Chiefs. The Bengals are as well, though I think they were less intentional about it. The Chiefs are better than the Bengals, but they do provide very tricky matchup issues for us.

It's less popular to say so, but I think the Ravens and the Chargers provide that, as well. Teams we are clearly better than but provide matchup issues which could be problematic. I just think the Chiefs will overcome them; it's harder for me to say just yet about the Bills/Bengals.

TwistedChief
10-16-2023, 02:19 PM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10987063002238023533" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/the-graham-norton-show-taylor-swift-what-confused-so-gif-10987063002238023533">The Graham Norton Show Taylor Swift GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/the+graham+norton+show-gifs">The Graham Norton Show GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

I thought the Eagles were better than we were last year but that doesn’t mean I’d take anyone but Mahomes in a single elimination game.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 02:22 PM
I thought the Eagles were better than we were last year but that doesn’t mean I’d take anyone but Mahomes in a single elimination game.

Mahomes nursing a high ankle sprain took down two of the meanest, most talented teams in football to win the championship last year.

People are going to flat-out forget the Jordan Flu Game and start recalling heroic health feats in sports as the Mahomes Ankle Playoffs.

If Mahomes enters the postseason healthy, then I don't know how they lose, outside of a fluke.

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 02:35 PM
Is that for real!? I haven't seen an Eagles game yet.

Yeah, it was awful. Hurts did not look like the guy who played us in the SB.

Direckshun
10-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it was awful. Hurts did not look like the guy who played us in the SB.

Have you watched him all season?

MahomesMagic
10-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Have you watched him all season?

I've watched most of the Eagles games, yes.

Ming the Merciless
10-16-2023, 02:41 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs. Duh.

RunKC
10-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Man the 49ers, Lions and Eagles are all similar teams. QB's that aren't elite but performing well in the system. Can't wait to see them play each other in the playoffs

Megatron96
10-16-2023, 03:12 PM
I will say this: maybe the 49ers and the Eagles are better than the Chiefs because they're more talented. But that's the end of the list of teams that are even in that conversation.

But in the AFC, the Chiefs are primarily threatened by teams that they are almost certainly better than, but are built in such a way that provide difficult matchup problems.

Most obvious example is the Bills. The Chiefs have unquestionably been better than them, but they are built specifically to beat the Chiefs. The Bengals are as well, though I think they were less intentional about it. The Chiefs are better than the Bengals, but they do provide very tricky matchup issues for us.

It's less popular to say so, but I think the Ravens and the Chargers provide that, as well. Teams we are clearly better than but provide matchup issues which could be problematic. I just think the Chiefs will overcome them; it's harder for me to say just yet about the Bills/Bengals.

I think that coaching tends to separate the teams in the AFC more than talent.

Take LAC for example. On paper, they're probably more talented than the Chiefs. But between not being able to stay healthy (ever) and their coaching missteps over the years, it's hard (to impossible) to say that the Chargers are even on the same level as the Chiefs. If they ever could stay healthy at their key position groups for an entire season, and they had comparable coaching to KC maybe they would be better than the Chiefs. But they can't, and they don't.

Kind of ditto BUF/MIA. Very talented teams, probably a wash between them and KC in many position groups, except WR, but their key defensive players can't stay healthy, and their coaching isn't on the same level as the Chiefs, so it's not very close in that regard.

BAL is very talented, and they have good coaching, but again health issues, particularly with Lamar (but also with many of their key starters) plus the overriding fact that Lamar just isn't a great QB, just a great physical talent, keeps them solidly in a tier below KC.

O.city
10-16-2023, 03:17 PM
I think that coaching tends to separate the teams in the AFC more than talent.

Take LAC for example. On paper, they're probably more talented than the Chiefs. But between not being able to stay healthy (ever) and their coaching missteps over the years, it's hard (to impossible) to say that the Chargers are even on the same level as the Chiefs. If they ever could stay healthy at their key position groups for an entire season, and they had comparable coaching to KC maybe they would be better than the Chiefs. But they can't, and they don't.

Kind of ditto BUF/MIA. Very talented teams, probably a wash between them and KC in many position groups, except WR, but their key defensive players can't stay healthy, and their coaching isn't on the same level as the Chiefs, so it's not very close in that regard.

BAL is very talented, and they have good coaching, but again health issues, particularly with Lamar (but also with many of their key starters) plus the overriding fact that Lamar just isn't a great QB, just a great physical talent, keeps them solidly in a tier below KC.

I think you zone in too much and overrate teams based on WR or weapons.

The Chargers have 4 or 5 really good players. Outside of that....meh.

Otter
10-16-2023, 03:20 PM
Much like 'any given Sunday" and team that list is the correct answer.

Now if the question was "which team has the best QB..."

crispystl
10-16-2023, 03:26 PM

A couple NFC teams have better rosters, but Mahomes is the equalizer. None of them have one of him, and he trumps anything else.

crispystl
10-16-2023, 03:29 PM

Yeah I was going to say...I think the Chargers have had a better overall roster than us recently, but I don't think they do this year.
Our D is just LOADED with talent and then when you add in Pacheco, Kelce and Mahomes thats goin g to tip the scales over to us in most cases. The only position we we really lack talent is WR. A couple other psoitions could be deeper, but the starters are solid AF

Megatron96
10-16-2023, 03:41 PM

Herbert is a pretty good QB. I'm not sure he's a top-5 guy, but top-10 or so? probably, at least talent-wise.

K. Allen is a top-10 WR when healthy, just never is. Mike Williams is one of the best WR2s in the league, when healthy, but never is.

Ekeler is a solid top-15 RB.

Bosa.

Khalil Mack.

Derwin James

And those are just the guys I can think of off the top of my head.

I mean, it was just two or so years ago that everyone was saying that LAC had the talent on the defensive side of the ball to be a top-5 defense, right? It's been injuries mostly that have kept them from playing better than they have recently, or so we've been told by a lot of national sports journalists/analysts, including Chris Simms for example.

And yeah, I think WRs are pretty important in 2023. Considering that the rules/refs have been slanted in favor of passing over the last dozen years or so, I don't think that's a stretch to figure out.

And look at the SB winners over the last 10 years or whatever. How many SB winners were coached by offensive-minded HCs? Even among the winners where defensive HCs won, how many also featured offenses that could score 30+ points/gm? Almost every single one.

The game has moved on. To win at the highest levels these days you need an offense that can score a lot of points fast. Like KC did in SB LIV and SB LVII.

And to do that, you need WRs that can play at an above average level, or you need Pat Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Andy Reid, and then you can get by with JAG-level WRs.

Most teams don't have the holy trinity of PM/TK/AR or anything close, so they have to have great skill players. And the most dynamic of all skill players are WRs. So if you're not KC, you have to have high-performing WRs, imo.