PDA

View Full Version : George Brett Statue Pro tip: DO NOT get your Rottweiler stoned!

JimNasium
10-25-2023, 08:34 AM
https://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/animals/rottweiler-gummy-attack-709415

You have been warned!

BigRedChief
10-25-2023, 08:40 AM
You give the dog drugs. It gets high and behaves irrationally. Well duh?

Katipan
10-25-2023, 08:42 AM
Predisposition to schizophrenia.
Nothing to see here.
Anyone want a joint?

crispystl
10-25-2023, 10:39 AM
Predisposition to schizophrenia.
Nothing to see here.
Anyone want a joint?

This! My wiener dog loves him some THC.

ModSocks
10-25-2023, 10:42 AM
One of my dogs managed to get into my weed stash years ago. Funniest shit ever. I wasn't sure why she was acting so erratic. She'd lay there on the floor like she was exhausted, then jump up and start running laps around the house. When she tried to sit still she'd sway like a drunk.

I called the Vet and the first thing the vet said was, "you wouldn't happen to have left any marijuana around maybe?". I laughed, thanked him and then went to go find my weed sack. Sure enough it was missing....

DJ's left nut
10-25-2023, 10:47 AM
Rots are smart and they're really high drive.

That's a pretty bad combination when you give them drugs, folks. Because they know something's not right and they are going to be hell bent on addressing it somehow.

I suspect the daughter wasn't exactly of right mind here either so I have no doubt it turned into a complete shit-show. That's a dog that knows something is wrong with him, has no idea what that may be, and is simply going to revert to protective instincts because of it. Oh I'm sure some dogs handle that sort of thing differently - my lab not knowing what's going on is going to have him melting into a puddle of sad indifference. But that's just not how a Rotty is wired.

And it got the dog euthanized, which is pretty much bullshit unless the dog had a history of erratic behavior.

People are just real damn stupid.

crispystl
10-25-2023, 10:49 AM
One of my dogs managed to get into my weed stash years ago. Funniest shit ever. I wasn't sure why she was acting so erratic. She'd lay there on the floor like she was exhausted, then jump up and start running laps around the house. When she tried to sit still she'd sway like a drunk.

I called the Vet and the first thing the vet said was, "you wouldn't happen to have left any marijuana around maybe?". I laughed, thanked him and then went to go find my weed sack. Sure enough it was missing....

When I first got with my wife her dog ate my entire bottle of klonopin. You could snap at that dog and it would take 10 seconds to respond. It was nuts.

KCJake
10-25-2023, 10:49 AM
I blew a hit in my buddy's dogs face once and my buddy flipped out on me. Bad. According to him, weed makes dogs retarded. Like irreversible

crispystl
10-25-2023, 10:52 AM
Rots are smart and they're really high drive.

That's a pretty bad combination when you give them drugs, folks. Because they know something's not right and they are going to be hell bent on addressing it somehow.

I suspect the daughter wasn't exactly of right mind here either so I have no doubt it turned into a complete shit-show. That's a dog that knows something is wrong with him, has no idea what that may be, and is simply going to revert to protective instincts because of it. Oh I'm sure some dogs handle that sort of thing differently - my lab not knowing what's going on is going to have him melting into a puddle of sad indifference. But that's just not how a Rotty is wired.

And it got the dog euthanized, which is pretty much bullshit unless the dog had a history of erratic behavior.

People are just real damn stupid.

Yeah it was probably akin to a bad acid trip for the dog since it was edibles. You gotta get them acclimated very slowly and see if they even like it the first go. My dog loves it because his life consists of eating sleeping and snuggling with people, so it really just makes all those things more enjoyable. I would never give a dog an edible though, especially for the first go around.

ModSocks
10-25-2023, 10:53 AM
I blew a hit in my buddy's dogs face once and my buddy flipped out on me. Bad. According to him, weed makes dogs reeruned. Like irreversible

Your friend is tripping.

crispystl
10-25-2023, 10:54 AM
I blew a hit in my buddy's dogs face once and my buddy flipped out on me. Bad. According to him, weed makes dogs reeruned. Like irreversible

LOL, no it will not.
I'd make sure he enjoys it before I did more than one though.

ModSocks
10-25-2023, 10:55 AM
Yeah it was probably akin to a bad acid trip for the dog since it was edibles. You gotta get them acclimated very slowly and see if they even like it the first go. My dog loves it because his life consists of eating sleeping and snuglging with people, so it really just makes all those things more enjoyable. I would never give a dog an edible though, especially for the first go around.

Dogs are much more sensitive to cannabis than humans. If you're going to purposely give them edibles, you give them the ones that are actually made for dogs.

FlaChief58
10-25-2023, 11:09 AM
Back in the late 90's the mrs and I got a chihuahua puppy. One friday after I scored a bag I was sitting on the couch ripping a few bong hits. I got up to use the restroom and left my baggie sitting on the couch. Our puppy had just started to be able to jump up on the furniture, which I wasn't used to. By the time I made it back, she had eaten half my stash. Needless to say, I was freaking out thinking I had just killed my wifes baby and how was I going to explain it to her when she got home from work. The poor baby was so stoned by the time the mrs got home, she couldn't even get up to greet her. I kept that secret for 20 years before mentioning in passing one day. The Mrs was not amused even all those years later. I still laugh about it now whenever I think about her, she was a great pup.

Katipan
10-25-2023, 11:58 AM
That feeling is why so many calls to the ER when this shit was launched. If you don't have someone telling you that it will end, it's easy to convince yourself that it never will.

And why I don't take edibles.

MVChiefFan
10-25-2023, 01:16 PM
It’s name is “Blau”???

crayzkirk
10-25-2023, 01:20 PM
In related news:

Don't give your Dalmation beer... It didn't calm him down, it made him a mean drunk.

philfree
10-25-2023, 02:39 PM
Reminded me of this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhzgY-EadHA?si=LLwmrymzbTPyKrcL" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

philfree
10-25-2023, 02:57 PM
And yes we had that album back in the '70s and yes we did roll a giant joint with the Big Bambu paper and smoked it. Didn't everybody?

Bump
10-25-2023, 04:02 PM
That feeling is why so many calls to the ER when this shit was launched. If you don't have someone telling you that it will end, it's easy to convince yourself that it never will.

And why I don't take edibles.

and then you start googling symptoms "holy shit I have that! I'm OD'ing on weeeeed, get me to the ER"

ReynardMuldrake
10-25-2023, 04:38 PM
Whoa, the Smoking Gun is still around? I haven't heard that domain name in yeeeeeears.

scho63
10-25-2023, 05:42 PM
Stupid parents make stupid pet owners.

seamonster
10-25-2023, 07:07 PM
You don't take THC gummy bears "to calm down". THC candy will open up portals that you might not close. It will take you into the darkness if you're not careful. Very powerful shit. Do not feed this to your 90 pound nervous rottweiler. Jesus.

philfree
10-25-2023, 07:13 PM
You don't take THC gummy bears "to calm down". THC candy will open up portals that you might not close. It will take you into the darkness if you're not careful. Very powerful shit. Do not feed this to your 90 pound nervous rottweiler. Jesus.

They make gummies with THC combined with CBD and CBN specifically to calm you down and help you sleep. The only part of this post that makes since is the last sentence.

WhawhaWhat
10-25-2023, 07:14 PM
They should have euthanized the women instead of the dog. That goes for anyone else drugging their pets for fun.

Fish
10-25-2023, 07:38 PM

LMAO... what the hell are you talking about? It's just pot.

Katipan
10-25-2023, 07:43 PM
Candy isn't a word we're allowed to use. 💫

Chiefspants
10-25-2023, 07:58 PM

https://media.tenor.com/md7vLYOdbfkAAAAC/reefer-marijuana.gif

Rain Man
10-25-2023, 09:35 PM
I've read that a rottweiler on angel dust has the strength of fourteen dobermans.

dlphg9
10-26-2023, 06:00 AM

Lmao, portals? Take you into the darkness? You returded, bud?

FlaChief58
10-26-2023, 06:29 AM

Tell us more about these portals. The only portals an edible has opened for me is my pantry and fridge. Are there others? What magical realm do they lead to? Are there cool ranch Doritos? I really like cool ranch doritos

Wisconsin_Chief
10-26-2023, 07:07 AM
Trying to figure out why the dog had to die just because this dumb useless bitch doesn't know how to Google search "Is THC appropriate for dogs?"

Abba-Dabba
10-26-2023, 09:13 AM
Trying to figure out why the dog had to die just because this dumb useless bitch doesn't know how to Google search "Is THC appropriate for dogs?"

He was a good boy with good grades before he started hanging around those hooligans.

seamonster
10-26-2023, 10:40 AM
LMAO... what the hell are you talking about? It's just pot.

OK grandpa. I once had an out of body experience on premium weed. Felt stronger than when I was on a dissociative (SpecialK). And that was 25+ years ago. Good weed in 2023 is not your swampcorn 1960's great grandaddy high. You will get ****ed up. Especially with the high end gummy bears. THC doesn't even metastasize the same and has a different vibe (much stronger).

Katipan
10-26-2023, 10:41 AM
Was it worse than a really bad case of motion sickness?

philfree
10-26-2023, 10:58 AM
OK grandpa. I once had an out of body experience on premium weed. Felt stronger than when I was on a dissociative (SpecialK). And that was 25+ years ago. Good weed in 2023 is not your swampcorn 1960's great grandaddy high. You will get ****ed up. Especially with the high end gummy bears. THC doesn't even metastasize the same and has a different vibe (much stronger).

Yeah because these so called Grandpas who have been smoking weed since the '60s and '70s haven't been eating gummies and smoking the more modern, potent strains of today. I mean us Grandpas couldn't possibly be up with modern times when it comes to weed.

"Swampcorn"? LOL Dork!

SurroundedByMorons
10-26-2023, 10:59 AM
Back in the late 90's the mrs and I got a chihuahua puppy. One friday after I scored a bag I was sitting on the couch ripping a few bong hits. I got up to use the restroom and left my baggie sitting on the couch. Our puppy had just started to be able to jump up on the furniture, which I wasn't used to. By the time I made it back, she had eaten half my stash. Needless to say, I was freaking out thinking I had just killed my wifes baby and how was I going to explain it to her when she got home from work. The poor baby was so stoned by the time the mrs got home, she couldn't even get up to greet her. I kept that secret for 20 years before mentioning in passing one day. The Mrs was not amused even all those years later. I still laugh about it now whenever I think about her, she was a great pup.

At the risk of being "that guy" - you have to heat the flower to get high. Unless it affects dogs differently than humans, your dog didn't get stoned from eating raw flower. I am not a vet, nor do I do animal research, but I do have a couple idiot friends that have eaten raw flower and it doesn't do shit but give a human a tummy ache.

Now if your pup was close when you were exhaling said bong rips, that might have done it.

FlaChief58
10-26-2023, 11:08 AM
At the risk of being "that guy" - you have to heat the flower to get high. Unless it affects dogs differently than humans, your dog didn't get stoned from eating raw flower. I am not a vet, nor do I do animal research, but I do have a couple idiot friends that have eaten raw flower and it doesn't do shit but give a human a tummy ache.

Now if your pup was close when you were exhaling said bong rips, that might have done it.

My 2lb dog ate about 1/4 of weed and was stoned out of her mind. But I guess you would know better than the owner of said dog who was there...:rolleyes:

FlaChief58
10-26-2023, 11:09 AM
Yeah because these so called Grandpas who have been smoking weed since the '60s and '70s haven't been eating gummies and smoking the more modern, potent strains of today. I mean us Grandpas couldn't possibly be up with modern times when it comes to weed.

"Swampcorn"? LOL Dork!

Especially now that it's as easy as going to the grocery store to get it...

FlaChief58
10-26-2023, 11:14 AM
Tell us more about these portals. The only portals an edible has opened for me is my pantry and fridge. Are there others? What magical realm do they lead to? Are there cool ranch Doritos? I really like cool ranch doritos

I think I just found one of the portals at Publix. What a great time to be a Chiefs fan!

Fish
10-26-2023, 01:30 PM

LMAO... "Metastasize" was definitely not the word you were looking for. Ha ha.

Out of body experience? Umm. No. It certainly affects different people in different ways. But portals and out of body experiences are not part of the experience. Just stop.

philfree
10-26-2023, 05:40 PM
I think I may be starting to enter a portal. I hope I come out of it so I can get to the dinner table. I'm hungry!

Rain Man
10-26-2023, 05:50 PM
LMAO... "Metastasize" was definitely not the word you were looking for. Ha ha.

Out of body experience? Umm. No. It certainly affects different people in different ways. But portals and out of body experiences are not part of the experience. Just stop.

Just to be safe, I'm definitely not eating a gummy now.

crayzkirk
10-26-2023, 06:05 PM
Back in the day, had friends with cats that seem to seek out the second hand smoke and would poke their heads in bongs.

Getting off topic however things today are much different than back 'in the day'. One hit of current weed basically paralyzes me. Never tried getting my Dalmation high; he was pretty wired as it was.

notorious
10-26-2023, 06:07 PM
Successfully disarmed her.

Pablo
10-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Successfully disarmed her.

This is good

ModSocks
10-26-2023, 06:14 PM

This is incorrect. Dogs can in fact eat raw flower and get high.

And i've never, ever gotten my dogs high with 2nd hand smoke. My dogs like to kick it with me when i sess, and i've hot boxed with them in my "clubhouse" many times. They've never gotten high from it. Nothing compared to the time my dog ate my weed.

philfree
10-26-2023, 06:20 PM
Back in the day, had friends with cats that seem to seek out the second hand smoke and would poke their heads in bongs.

Getting off topic however things today are much different than back 'in the day'. One hit of current weed basically paralyzes me. Never tried getting my Dalmation high; he was pretty wired as it was.

We had a cat that would come and head butt you until you blew it a hit. It would not leave you alone till you got it high. David the cat. He was weird cat.

SurroundedByMorons
10-26-2023, 06:50 PM
This is incorrect. Dogs can in fact eat raw flower and get high.

And i've never, ever gotten my dogs high with 2nd hand smoke. My dogs like to kick it with me when i sess, and i've hot boxed with them in my "clubhouse" many times. They've never gotten high from it. Nothing compared to the time my dog ate my weed.

I stand corrected. It is curious that it affects dogs and humans differently.

Katipan
10-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Their endocannabinoid system is just a little different.
Go figure.

Rain Man
10-26-2023, 08:14 PM
I stand corrected. It is curious that it affects dogs and humans differently.

I can eat chocolate but a dog can't.

A dog can eat rancid road kill but I can't.

It's a strange world.

Graystoke
10-26-2023, 08:29 PM
I can eat chocolate but a dog can't.

A dog can eat rancid road kill but I can't.

It's a strange world.

You got to enter a pretty wicked portal to eat roadkill.

Katipan
10-26-2023, 08:32 PM
You got to enter a pretty wicked portal to eat roadkill.

I realize I’m not as well traveled as some of you but I didn’t think the Alabama/Tennessee border was that scary.