PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's no biggie

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-29-2023, 05:19 PM
We're 6-2. That was our annual stinker. WBF.

Rasputin
10-29-2023, 05:21 PM
What part of fuck Donk Forever don't you understand? It is a big deal.

Womble
Yeah, no biggie apart from our WRs absolutely suck.

Reerun_KC
You got curb stomped. It is a biggie

TomBarndtsTwin
10-29-2023, 05:22 PM
The LOSS itself is not that big of a deal.

But there are several things to be concerned with coming out of this game.

Rainbarrel
10-29-2023, 05:23 PM
It hurts KC in the short run. The Broncos in the long run

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 05:23 PM
We don’t have enough weapons. When you’re longing for the days of Byron Pringle and DeMarcus Robinson, yeah, it’s a problem.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-29-2023, 05:24 PM
It is a biggie but... 5 turnovers. Well earned.

|Zach|
10-29-2023, 05:24 PM
We are fine if our WR can screw their heads on

carcosa
10-29-2023, 05:28 PM
Wbf

notorious
10-29-2023, 05:31 PM
Wbf

This.

Thank goodness this loss wasn't an important game.

Wallcrawler
10-29-2023, 05:31 PM
Seeds of this shitshow were planted early by Andy Reid.

We all clearly saw that Denver wasn't gonna throw if they didn't have to. This constant running and defense not standing up, SHORTENS THE FUCKING GAME.

In response, Andy calls his dumbest fucking " drawn up by a janitor" plays, and has an offense struggling to do anything, and surrenders on short yardage deep in enemy territory.

Can't fucking do that.

Punting from the 42 yard line, just inexplicable cowardice/submissiveness by Reid in this contest.

Then you find yourself down 12 and can't figure out why your qb is getting absolutely murdered after the idiot you benched off returns is traded for to handle returns and he pink socks you.

The lack of focus, awareness by this man this year is alarming. The Chiefs can't finish drives this season. Horrific personnel decisions being made and just some of the dumbest plays being drawn up and run.

This was the worst football game I've seen in a long time.

To lose to a dumpster fire like Denver, and to do it this convincingly, someone needs a serious wake up call/reality check.

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-29-2023, 05:32 PM
It's just an inexplicable game.

5 turnovers. Completely unfocused. Andy Reid coached teams rarely ever perform like this against divisional opponents.

WR issues will bite us in the butt however if they aren't addressed, ill admit that much. But I'm committed to believing this is an outlier. 5 turnover games do not happen ever.

Best22
10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
If it wasn’t for the defense getting a fumble at midfield, we only put up 6 points

The punt in the 3rd quarter was a pathetic decision

The muff allowed the Broncos to put the game away

The red one play calls on 3rd and short were also pathetic

TEX
10-29-2023, 05:34 PM
We are fine if our WR can screw their heads on

They can't. That's the problem.

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-29-2023, 05:37 PM
And yeah just bench Skyy Moore. Pretty easy way to improve the team imho

|Zach|
10-29-2023, 05:48 PM

Yes, because if we know one thing about sports its that things never change and the same things happens every time.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 05:49 PM

Oh, their heads are on just fine. They just suck ass.

This is who they are. There’s no fixing anything. They are complete shit.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-29-2023, 05:56 PM

LMAO... Love the meltdown... We had 5 turnovers today and Pat obviously played like shit after puking and shitting all night. Overreaction planet...

|Zach|
10-29-2023, 05:57 PM

So emotional. You guys are funny.

EPodolak
10-29-2023, 06:00 PM
And yeah just bench Skyy Moore. Pretty easy way to improve the team imho

Shame isn't it.

The guy had dubious credentials coming into the league and isn't handling the big stage.

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-29-2023, 06:11 PM
Shame isn't it.

The guy had dubious credentials coming into the league and isn't handling the big stage.

Skyy Moore is so weird to me. Because the Chiefs FO typically know if a player is gonna be bad. Something sticks out. They aren't picking up the playbook. They're getting owned in practice. They aren't putting in the effort in film study or they're just slacking somewhere. Personality issues. Usually a bust has red flags everywhere.

But the Chiefs FO was convinced that Skyy Moore would make the jump this year, and their offseason moves reflected that. Even Veach himself was talking this guy up.

So my only explanation for this situation is that Skyy Moore comes off as the no-nonsense hard worker who will triumph through pure force of will and effort. Like, how could someone who puts in the effort and checks all the boxes of what a pro NFL WR "should" be doing fail in our offense? And yet he's just inexplicably awful in every way. Just zero improvement from last year. Completely lost, no idea what his role and assignment is. He just flat sucks, and the Chiefs FO took a giant whiff with Skyy Moore. They were just flat wrong.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 06:13 PM
LMAO... Love the meltdown... We had 5 turnovers today and Pat obviously played like shit after puking and shitting all night. Overreaction planet...

Yeah, what’s your point? Are you trying to imply our WRs are not complete trash? That seems like an odd tree to be climbing but have fun I guess.

TEX
10-29-2023, 06:16 PM
Yes, because if we know one thing about sports its that things never change and the same things happens every time.

Or that if you ignore the warning signs, that cause failure, you're destined to fail... You're being foolish if you can't acknowledge the fact that the WR's are not good enough. That says more about you than it does about them. :shrug:

Chiefer89
10-29-2023, 06:17 PM
Yeah, no biggie apart from our WRs absolutely suck.

A great receiver would be nice to have. But it's not a necessity for us to win it all. See last year for example.

No team is perfect. Eagles, Niners (wow what happened to them), Bengals, and Ravens all have issues.

xztop123
10-29-2023, 06:17 PM
Nick Bolton seems more important than I realized. Drue got smashed on that td and gave up a 3rd and long due to bad pursuit in first quarter.

|Zach|
10-29-2023, 06:18 PM
Or that if you ignore the signs, that cause failure, you're destined to repeat it. You're being foolish if you can't acknowledge the WR's are not good enough. That says more about you than it does about them. :shrug:

They are having struggles.

I mean hey man write it all off if you want I don't give a shit it is just so funny to watch people who watch sports so much basically let their brains fall out of their ears when their teams to bad like THIS THING JUST HAPPENED SO THAT IS ALL THAT WILL HAPPEN GOING FORWARD.

kcpasco
10-29-2023, 06:20 PM
Moore catches the easiest TD possible in the SB. I’m now more surprised he didn’t drop it.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 06:22 PM
Moore catches the easiest TD possible in the SB. I’m now more surprised he didn’t drop it.

If you ran that play 10 times, he probably drops 3 of them.

We got lucky.

Chiefer89
10-29-2023, 06:23 PM
They are having struggles.

I mean hey man write it all off if you want I don't give a shit it is just so funny to watch people who watch sports so much basically let their brains fall out of their ears when their teams to bad like THIS THING JUST HAPPENED SO THAT IS ALL THAT WILL HAPPEN GOING FORWARD.

Prisoners of the moment.

I'm not going to pretend this team is perfect. Because they aren't. But no team is.

And I will bet on this team, coach/QB, and overall culture over any other franchise in the league.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 06:28 PM
Prisoners of the moment.

I'm not going to pretend this team is perfect. Because they aren't. But no team is.

And I will bet on this team, coach/QB, and overall culture over any other franchise in the league.

It’s not being a prisoner of the moment to say our WRs suck. They do, and there’s no arguing that. Anyone who tries to is just a moron.

That doesn’t mean we can’t overcome it, but it’s going to be extremely difficult.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-29-2023, 06:31 PM
But we are going to drop all the way down to the first seed with this loss. :-(

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-29-2023, 06:36 PM
Yeah, what’s your point? Are you trying to imply our WRs are not complete trash? That seems like an odd tree to be climbing but have fun I guess.

Yes, that is what I am implying. Those that say they are complete trash are the ones that over reacting.

displacedinMN
it sucks

time to move on

IowaHawkeyeChief
It’s not being a prisoner of the moment to say our WRs suck. They do, and there’s no arguing that. Anyone who tries to is just a moron.

That doesn’t mean we can’t overcome it, but it’s going to be extremely difficult.

"my hair is on fire"!!!!!

Best22
10-29-2023, 06:39 PM
Nick Bolton seems more important than I realized. Drue got smashed on that td and gave up a 3rd and long due to bad pursuit in first quarter.

Bolton is a very good linebacker

He is missed

InChiefsHeaven
10-29-2023, 06:39 PM
Look, it's one loss. We're double pissed because it was the Donks. This is the NFL. These guys get paid to play. They gave their best effort against a superior team with a sick QB and a very young WR corps. I don't feel good about it, but I also don't think its indicative of who the Chiefs are or who they will be.

Look, we're gonna lose one or two more. That's the NFL. We'll still be in the hunt. Maybe this loss was good for us. I personally think they may have been looking past the Donks. Fuck around and find out. We'll be better for this.

Remember...we have the best QB in the history of the league. The Donks caught us on a very off day. It happens. Remember the Colts in 2019?

We'll. Be. Fine.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-29-2023, 06:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I lost us that game! Gotta be better! That’s on me.</p>&mdash; Mecole Hardman Jr. (@MecoleHardman4) <a href="https://twitter.com/MecoleHardman4/status/1718781678767022378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wisconsin_Chief
"my hair is on fire"!!!!!

Yours seems to be, mine is fine.

You can pretend this isn’t the worst WR room in football if you want, that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to. It’s not even up for debate. Again, that doesn’t mean we can’t win, but it sure makes it a lot harder.

Mr_Tomahawk
Look!

Red Dawg
10-29-2023, 06:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I lost us that game! Gotta be better! That’s on me.</p>&mdash; Mecole Hardman Jr. (@MecoleHardman4) <a href="https://twitter.com/MecoleHardman4/status/1718781678767022378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He didn't lose the game. Lots of turnovers lost the game not just his.

Red Dawg
10-29-2023, 06:47 PM
We are spoiled these Mahomes years. We have 2 rings and I never thought I would see one ring so it's pretty shitty to be whiners about one loss to shit Donkeys after 16 straight wins against them.

Pepe Silvia
10-29-2023, 06:51 PM
You can’t win them all.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-29-2023, 06:58 PM
Yours seems to be, mine is fine.

You can pretend this isn’t the worst WR room in football if you want, that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to. It’s not even up for debate. Again, that doesn’t mean we can’t win, but it sure makes it a lot harder.

again... My hair is on fire!

BigRedChief
10-29-2023, 07:19 PM
We're 6-2. That was our annual stinker. WBF.
If this was our annual stinker, what was the Lions loss then?

EPodolak
10-29-2023, 07:24 PM

Ssshh, it's good that he thinks that.

DRM08
10-29-2023, 07:26 PM

And Moore’s drop in the end zone on 4th down. Cost them 7 points. They gotta find a way to play cleaner football.

carcosa
10-29-2023, 07:29 PM
Genuinely the worst thing about losing now is just how gleeful the dark cloud motherfuckers get. They LOVE that everyone else is finally as miserable as they are 24/7. Sad shit!

Stryker
10-29-2023, 07:42 PM
Genuinely the worst thing about losing now is just how gleeful the dark cloud motherfuckers get. They LOVE that everyone else is finally as miserable as they are 24/7. Sad shit!

So let them be gleeful! WE ARE the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS and it is FAR from OVER! Let it go and move on! :thumb:

carcosa
10-29-2023, 08:07 PM
WE ARE the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS and it is FAR from OVER! Let it go and move on! :thumb:

Hell yeah brother

scho63
10-29-2023, 08:26 PM
Some things today seem to be more problematic and less likely to be a one game anomaly.

1. WRs - they suck. No separation and when they do get separation they drop passes. We lead the league in drops. The failure of the WRs is also putting too much pressure on the OL line to block for 6-8 seconds.

2. Short yardage play calling - too predictable, too much sideways and no ability to gain enough for a 1st down by the run.

3. DBs - aggressive young bunch but Sneed is turning into the Jawaan Taylor of the coverage group. Refs are now watching him like a hawk and he is getting a lot of penalties.

4. Punt team - we can't field a punt nor prevent teams from gaining a first down on a fake on 4th.

5. Run blocking and run stopping - both the O amd D lines having issues.

6. Mahomes - just being sloppier with the ball than normal, throwing too many sideways check downs and missing guys who are open.

7. Play calling and risk taking - too predictable, too cute, and we are punting too often instead of taking a shot on 4th. We got Mahomes and Andy takes the ball out of Mahomes hands way too much.

Overall we seem to be limping along and only the Bears game were we hitting on all cylinders.

Gotta tighten things up big time.

Why Not?
10-29-2023, 08:27 PM
If this was our annual stinker, what was the Lions loss then?

I think "annual stinker" implies that we lost to a team that aside from the any given Sunday statement, we had no earthly business losing to. The Lions are actually good. Should we have won that game? Yeah but there is no shame in losing to the Lions. Colts last year, Denver now, Colts with Jacoby Brissett, Raiders in the "bus around the stadium", etc. Those are stinkers.

InChiefsHeaven
10-29-2023, 08:32 PM
Watching Patrick's presser...that dude is sick. I mean, he sounds like shit. This team was off tonight. It is what it is.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:40 PM
This.

Thank goodness this loss wasn't an important game.

We won't know until we get close to the end of the season but it definitely has more of a chance biting us in the ass than not mattering that is for sure. It is one thing to have 2 losses already against playoff teams but the Lions and Broncos ???? Seriously?????

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:43 PM
The Lions are actually good.

They are good against mediocre and poor teams which means they are a "paper tiger" still, but good? Nah. I will give them that they are improving but not good just yet. Just saying.

Stryker
10-29-2023, 08:44 PM
Agree, no biggie at all. Hell we beat them 16 times in a row - it wasn't going to last forever. Now on to Germany! DAS KINGDOM baby! Let's do this!

Why Not?
10-29-2023, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I think if you can separate that it sucks to lose looking like we did and it always sucks to lose to Denver, and just see it as one of a handful of expected (not expected as in the team we lost to, but just the number of loses that was reasonable for the year) losses, it makes it less Chicken Little. At about the halfway point, we are 6-2. Puts us on pace for 12-5/13-4 which seems pretty reasonable. We are not going 4-0 vs the Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Eagles. 3-1 would be awesome. 2-2 is fine. Hell, even 1-3 provided we win everywhere else would keep us pretty on schedule. Guess I'll be more "it's worth fuck all" if we start losing more than 6 games or so. Even then, we will go into the tournament with the best QB/HC combo in the thing. As for home field? Whatever. It's not like we were going to be the 1 seed or even the 2 seed for 15 straight years or whatnot. WBF

Why Not?
10-29-2023, 08:46 PM
We won't know until we get close to the end of the season but it definitely has more of a chance biting us in the ass than not mattering that is for sure. It is one thing to have 2 losses already against playoff teams but the Lions and Broncos ???? Seriously?????

You don't think the Lions make the playoffs this year? I think with Cousins done, they are (if they weren't already) a lock to win the North.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:52 PM
The silver lining is that hopefully we are razor focused for next week BUT I think that taking time to travel to Germany(time away from preparation and jet lag) and not being healthy enough(sickness and injuries) could definitely rule the day regardless of our focus.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I think if you can separate that it sucks to lose looking like we did and it always sucks to lose to Denver, and just see it as one of a handful of expected (not expected as in the team we lost to, but just the number of loses that was reasonable for the year) losses, it makes it less Chicken Little. At about the halfway point, we are 6-2. Puts us on pace for 12-5/13-4 which seems pretty reasonable. We are not going 4-0 vs the Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Eagles. 3-1 would be awesome. 2-2 is fine. Hell, even 1-3 provided we win everywhere else would keep us pretty on schedule. Guess I'll be more "it's worth **** all" if we start losing more than 6 games or so. Even then, we will go into the tournament with the best QB/HC combo in the thing. As for home field? Whatever. It's not like we were going to be the 1 seed or even the 2 seed for 15 straight years or whatnot. WBF

That's fair. All I know is we have serious issues with our offense and I don't know that we fix it this year. I have a bad feeling which I have never had before in the past. Hope I'm wrong.;)

KranzDictum
10-29-2023, 09:00 PM
When was the last time perfect pat threw 2 INT's, was strip sacked, sacked on 4th and forever, and threw no TD's and his offense was kept out of the end zone?

I bet this was the first time. Expect more of it, especially if Vance (Radio) Joseph has the trick screens and shovel passes figured out in the red zone.

I don't get why Andy is so afraid to run #10 inside the 10, everything down there has to be a fancy double motion behind the LOS play that used to work but don't.

The WR's are a huge liability but the new tackles are a big step backwards from last years line.

Why Not?
10-29-2023, 09:02 PM
That's fair. All I know is we have serious issues with our offense and I don't know that we fix it this year. I have a bad feeling which I have never had before in the past. Hope I'm wrong.;)

Yeah I definitely understand that. Hard to feel super enthusiastic after that game. I would say maybe the most level headed way to look at it is that the Chiefs are squarely in the stew of teams that could win a SB this year. Eagles, Dolphins, Bengals, I'm gonna throw the Bills in even though I think they are a clip below these other teams, Niners (maybe in the same category as the Bills now that Purdy has been figured out), Ravens, I mean I guess the Cowboys? Anyone else? Jacksonville? Hell, I won't even put in the Lions yet. Anyway, for the first time in a couple years I don't necessarily think the Chiefs are head and shoulders better than all of those teams. At least not right now. Do I think the Chiefs can beat any of those teams? As long as 15 is the QB, I think we can beat anyone. But I won't be shocked if we were to lose to any of those either.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2023, 09:04 PM
When was the last time perfect pat threw 2 INT's, was strip sacked, sacked on 4th and forever, and threw no TD's and his offense was kept out of the end zone?

I bet this was the first time. Expect more of it, especially if Vance (Radio) Joseph has the trick screens and shovel passes figured out in the red zone.

I don't get why Andy is so afraid to run #10 inside the 10, everything down there has to be a fancy double motion behind the LOS play that used to work but don't.

The WR's are a huge liability but the new tackles are a big step backwards from last years line.

no one cares about your shitty, wrong opinion of our elite football team

enjoy mediocrity and being stuck with russ while we rack up another lombardi

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 09:09 PM
What you hope doesn't happen is that our beloved Chiefs are actually looking past the Fish just to get their big bye break. You wouldn't think that in a million years BUT we are sick and beat up and may end up "psychologically saying UNCLE" to the fish earlier in that game especially if they get up on us quickly.

We very well could lose 3 in a row here, Broncos, Fish, Eagles. And yes Andy rarely loses coming off a bye BUT these are different times. Not trying to be a doomsday person just realistic at this point. Just saying and don't be surprised.;)

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 09:11 PM
Anyway, for the first time in a couple years I don't necessarily think the Chiefs are head and shoulders better than all of those teams. At least not right now. Do I think the Chiefs can beat any of those teams? As long as 15 is the QB, I think we can beat anyone. But I won't be shocked if we were to lose to any of those either.

Spot ON !!!!:thumb:

Ocotillo
10-29-2023, 09:43 PM
The Chiefs averaged 4.8 yards per play compared to 3.7 by the Broncos.

I think that drive where Pacheco had the long run and Watson had the long catch should have been converted into six points. I thought the Chiefs even outdid Denver when it came to explosives.

The first game could have been a blowout if the Chiefs converted more in the red zone.

These two games are just the nature of football. Sometimes you move the ball over and over but you get beat by turnovers and red zone inefficiency.

TEX
10-30-2023, 01:57 AM

Look whose back...Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Today, Denver was that broken clock. But you're a dipshit all day, every day. You still got nothing except last place. LMAO

TEX
10-30-2023, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=Chiefshrink;17198642]That's fair. All I know is we have serious issues with our offense and I don't know that we fix it this year. I have a bad feeling which I have never had before in the past. Hope I'm wrong.;)[/QUOTE

The WR's are terrible. That's the issue.

Mosbonian
10-30-2023, 03:49 AM
I was watching this crap show at Island Wings with other Arrowhead South members and had to leave early due to not only being tired of watching the crap show the Chiefs were displaying but also because I had an early appointment this morning. So I missed the last 8 minutes of the game.

Why did Denver kick a FG with 31 seconds left? Was it necessary or just the Donks and Payton twisting the knife a bit?

TomBarndtsTwin
10-30-2023, 05:16 AM

I know you think you need to copy and paste this post in every thread, but you really don’t. We read your shitty take in the other thread already.

Congrats on your Super Bowl victory. You are now 1-16 in your last 17 against us. We know how much this means to you. Enjoy it.