PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling

Pages : [1] 2

Bowser
10-29-2023, 06:50 PM
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.

Sassy Squatch
10-29-2023, 06:52 PM
Whoever is in control of on field personnel needs a foot up their fucking ass pronto.

Titty Meat
Reid calla the plays

Hammock Parties
I can't blame coaching with the receivers making so many damn horrible plays, sorry.

MVS, Skyy and Rice cost us 13 points, at least. Hardman gave 7 to the other team.

Rainbarrel
10-29-2023, 06:53 PM
Andy will probably make it a certainty that Moore gets the first play

Bowser
10-29-2023, 06:53 PM
I can't blame coaching with the receivers making so many damn horrible plays, sorry.

MVS, Skyy and Rice cost us 13 points, at least. Hardman gave 7 to the other team.

Fair

Wisconsin_Chief
10-29-2023, 06:54 PM

This, we have godawful WRs. That’s the one and only problem with this offense, and that makes it really hard to, you know, throw the football and score points.

Pablo
10-29-2023, 06:55 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231030/84ab2593ed4b92530da480de08139986.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowser
Reid calla the plays

I read this in Mario's voice

DRM08
It’s Andy

scho63
10-29-2023, 06:56 PM
Too many sideways passes and predictable plays.

Pablo
10-29-2023, 06:56 PM
You gotta go backwards to go forwards….

Or hear me out….. you don’t!

Bowser
10-29-2023, 06:58 PM
Too many sideways passes and predictable plays.

That's what I was saying - this is as much as Mahomes has looked like Alex Smith yet. The Denver defense is ass, yet our offensive playcalls played right into their strengths. Over and over.

BigRedChief
Reid is calling the plays or he is talking when the play is being called in

TEX
This, we have godawful WRs. That’s the one and only problem with this offense, and that makes it really hard to, you know, throw the football and score points.

Exactly the case.

chiefzilla1501
I think we all know andy is largely responsible for EBs success, and if that true he’s also accountable for nagys shortcomings. I still think it’s more a talent issue.

Bowser
10-29-2023, 06:59 PM
Reid is calling the plays or he is talking when the play is being called in

Ok, then let's talking about Andy's fucking playcalling.

If this was all Andy making the calls, then boy howdy did he have a brain fart today.

Sassy Squatch
10-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Said it in another thread. That was one of the worst opening scripts I've ever seen out of the Reid Chiefs. At the very least 3 plays went for significant negative yardage and a whole bunch barely moved the LOS.

Chiefspants
10-29-2023, 07:01 PM
Andy has seemed more averse than normal than going for it on 4th and short and 4th and 5 this year.

There were two 4th downs I felt he should have gone for today.

FloridaMan88
10-29-2023, 07:03 PM
The Chiefs have run the ball… usually for a minimal gain… on every first play of the game this season.

Start more aggressive.

Chiefspants
10-29-2023, 07:03 PM
I said this in the game thread, but I think the inside pitch has run its course. The Chargers snuffed it out last week and it took Kelce being a force of nature to hold onto the ball.

I hate it as a third down call near the goal line, especially if Andy is not going to go for it on 4th and short.

kcpasco
10-29-2023, 07:04 PM
That's what I was saying - this is as much as Mahomes has looked like Alex Smith yet. The Denver defense is ass, yet our offensive playcalls played right into their strengths. Over and over.

The check downs are because the wrs are complete ass. And Pat is not himself this year and that because the receivers are complete ass.

Bowser
10-29-2023, 07:05 PM
I said this in the game thread, but I think the inside pitch has run its course. The Chargers snuffed it out last week and it took Kelce being a force of nature to hold onto the ball.

I hate it as a third down call near the goal line, especially if Andy is not going to go for it on 4th and short.

That decision to punt at their 42 is inexcusable.

Our short yardage plays are trash.

-King-
10-29-2023, 07:06 PM
Whoever is in control of on field personnel needs a foot up their fucking ass pronto.

Yeah the constant rotation of players has to make play calling harder. Don't know why they just can't pick their best 3 and make it work with them.

comochiefsfan
10-29-2023, 07:07 PM
The buck stops with Reid. If you want to criticize the offense then you’re criticizing Reid.

siberian khatru
10-29-2023, 07:08 PM
How many times did we throw it into the end zone? Once? The drop by Moore?

Bowser
10-29-2023, 07:08 PM

Seems right.

comochiefsfan
10-29-2023, 07:09 PM
Look at the pile of crap we’re trotting out at receiver.

Kelce is Kelce

Rice is good, but young and inconsistent.
Watson is decent but JAG
MVS is wildly inconsistent
Toney sucks
Moore sucks
Hardman sucks

So basically we have 2.5 guys that give us anything consistently in the pass catching game.

That just won’t work against NFL defenses.

jerryaldini
10-29-2023, 07:13 PM
Andy has seemed more averse than normal than going for it on 4th and short and 4th and 5 this year.

There were two 4th downs I felt he should have gone for today.

It's going to cost us against the good offense like the Eagles that routinely convert fourth downs (not even talking tush push downs)

Hammock Parties
10-29-2023, 07:15 PM
It's going to cost us against the good offense like the Eagles that routinely convert fourth downs (not even talking tush push downs)

And the Eagles lost to the Jets LMAO

Chiefs will Chief. You'll see.

TEX
10-29-2023, 07:19 PM
The check downs are because the wrs are complete ass. And Pat is not himself this year and that because the receivers are complete ass.

Mostly looks like an Alex Smith offense.

Red Dawg
10-29-2023, 07:20 PM
Mahomes went deep on 3rd and five and went deep on 4th and 2. Neither were complete. We don't have a deep game this year. He's gotta move the chains with shorter throws.

MahomesMagic
10-29-2023, 07:21 PM

When you have a rocket arm like Mahomes you know you need to dink and dunk.

crayzkirk
10-29-2023, 07:23 PM
Seems like a lot of plays and passes are at or behind the line of scrimmage. I like Pacheco and yet, when I watch teams with a real running game, it looks like the Chiefs are missing something. They don't seem to be able to get outside and many times, the defenders are standing in the backfield to meet them. Is it the scheme, players or both?

For sure, Pat was off today. He held the ball way too long.

Herewego
10-29-2023, 07:24 PM
Five turnovers. Dropped TD pass. :shrug:

-King-
10-29-2023, 07:27 PM
Seems like a lot of plays and passes are at or behind the line of scrimmage. I like Pacheco and yet, when I watch teams with a real running game, it looks like the Chiefs are missing something. They don't seem to be able to get outside and many times, the defenders are standing in the backfield to meet them. Is it the scheme, players or both?

For sure, Pat was off today. He held the ball way too long.
Pacheco doesn't have good vision. If the hole is right in front of him, he'll burst through it and make a good play. If he has to find a hole, he's either going to lose yards or be tackled for a short gain.

King_Chief_Fan
10-29-2023, 07:49 PM

very similar
the common denominator is Nagy.
He failed in Chicago and came back.
Andy sent Bieniemy packing who s now doing more with less in Washington than Nagy is doing with the best qb in the NFL.
I was not the biggest fan of Bieniemy but I am a lesser fan of Nagy.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2023, 07:53 PM
LMAO

Nagy's offense was good for 2nd/4th in the league before today.

When the wide receivers went completely tits up.

GMAFB

Buehler445
10-29-2023, 07:58 PM
I think some of it is Reid saves the good shit for big games/playoffs.

Some of it is that our receivers are fire roasted rhinoceros assholes.

Some of it is I don't see the creativity that I've seen in prior years. Some of it might be the aforementioned saving thing. I still see some good concepts in terms of flooding zones, a nice little Skyy Moore pick play (I think that may have been illegal), and a decent little Mecole backfield play that the Cheating Fucking Donko Bitchcunts sniffed out.

Very little motion, very few tendency breakers, and maybe most shockingly, very little respect for the downfield game - that's why it looked like the Smith years.

:Lin:

Chiefspants
10-29-2023, 08:00 PM
LMAO

Nagy's offense was good for 2nd/4th in the league before today.

When the wide receivers went completely tits up.

GMAFB

Juju was a consistent well Patrick could go to and would be in his spots when Kelce was blanketed last year. Perhaps best seen in the second half of the Super Bowl.

We are just missing a consistent staple like that. It doesn’t feel huge when taking a macro view of the offense, but it’s the difference between long, grind it out TD drives and drives that stall at midfield or turn into field goals when can’t find someone on 3rd and 7.

493rd
10-29-2023, 08:00 PM
Which of our WRs would start on another team? Play calling is not the problem, it’s the personnel. We have guys that can’t consistently get open, don’t run crisp routes, consistently drop passes, and some that don’t contribute at all to anything. What’s that leave? Travis Kelce and dudes outta the backfield. Veach rolled the dice thinking Toney and Moore would take the next step this year. It hasn’t happened and both are just bad. The only positive is that it’s gotten so bad that it must be addressed next season. This will end up costing the Chiefs in the end.

tk13
10-29-2023, 08:01 PM
Reid has always liked a horizontal passing game. People blamed the offense on Alex Smith but that was always a two way street. He fit what Reid likes to do. Always has a bunch of quick shifty WRs to spread things out horizontally to get guys in space. They do go downfield sometimes but that's never going to be the focus of the offense.

CatinKS
10-29-2023, 08:06 PM
PM stayed in the pocket longer than in previous games. Once he was out in the open seem like the ol' Pat. Maybe the Flu and high altitude drained him so he didn't scramble as much. I blame the coaches more than the players as the game plan didn't seem as creative, like a team that had just beat this team 2 weeks ago and was ok, lets start this up in the second half.

Or the Broncs D was on Meth and just played out of thier minds.

OnTheWarpath15
10-29-2023, 08:10 PM
I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve run a one man route on 3rd down.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:13 PM
It’s Andy

Dadgum right it is!!! Always has been and especially when Andy knows he's in a dogfight(potentially losing).;)

Molitoth
10-29-2023, 08:14 PM
Mahomes went deep on 3rd and five and went deep on 4th and 2. Neither were complete. We don't have a deep game this year. He's gotta move the chains with shorter throws.

Regardless, the pass to Skyy was an easy TD dropped by a shitter.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 08:18 PM
PM stayed in the pocket longer than in previous games. Once he was out in the open seem like the ol' Pat. Maybe the Flu and high altitude drained him so he didn't scramble as much. I blame the coaches more than the players as the game plan didn't seem as creative, like a team that had just beat this team 2 weeks ago and was ok, lets start this up in the second half.

Or the Broncs D was on Meth and just played out of thier minds.

Nah, our beloved Chiefs were looking past Denver including Andy. It's on him. I guarantee you they all got lazy and told themselves nothing has changed dramatically in 2wks thus they prepared very little if any thinking they were okay with the same kind of game they played 2wks ago. You reap what you sow. Definitely looking past this game and it definitely showed. Pat looked like he did playing TB in the SB today. Running for his life especially in the 2nd half.

Red Dawg
10-29-2023, 08:19 PM
Regardless, the pass to Skyy was an easy TD dropped by a shitter.

Can't argue but Mckinnin would have moved the chains and kept us alive.

Red Dawg
10-29-2023, 08:24 PM
Naggy didn't drop a big gainer, that was Rice. Naggy didn't fumble, that was MVS. Naggy didn't muff a punt, that was Hardman. Mahomes gets a pass becuase he's earned it.

RunKC
10-29-2023, 08:28 PM
The problem I have is loyalty. Clyde sucks and has no value. He's a neg negative to this team and yet he's still here.

My fear is that they'll bring Skyy back next year just like they did with Clyde.

He shouldn't be on this roster next season.

ChiefsFanatic
10-29-2023, 08:46 PM
Regardless, the pass to Skyy was an easy TD dropped by a shitter.If Skyy Moore had caught that pass, it may have changed his Chiefs fate.

But now? The drop just cemented his legacy as a huge disappointment, and it's time for him to GTFO.

BigRedChief
10-29-2023, 09:05 PM
This offense starts every game with it seems like to me, the same plays. They have been playing the same game plan all year.

Now, that maybe they are not alternating, at least, change up the plays or game plans. Maybe it’s the coaches knowing that Mahomes doesn’t trust his WR’s(besides Kelce). The trust issue is becoming the biggest negative issue this year.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2023, 09:07 PM
This offense starts every game with it seems like to me, the same plays. They have been playing the same game plan all year.

Now, that may they are not alternating, at least, the plays or game plans. Maybe it’s the coaches knowing that Mahomes doesn’t trust his WR’s(besides Kelce). The trust issue is becoming the biggest negative issue this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do get an itch to play again when I watch games like this tho. You can tell there’s a trust issue on offense right now. I do think it will work itself out down the road <a href="https://t.co/7raweeJCyg">https://t.co/7raweeJCyg</a></p>&mdash; Gehrig Dieter (@GehrigDieter) <a href="https://twitter.com/GehrigDieter/status/1718780764668432727?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gary Cooper
10-29-2023, 09:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do get an itch to play again when I watch games like this tho. You can tell there’s a trust issue on offense right now. I do think it will work itself out down the road <a href="https://t.co/7raweeJCyg">https://t.co/7raweeJCyg</a></p>&mdash; Gehrig Dieter (@GehrigDieter) <a href="https://twitter.com/GehrigDieter/status/1718780764668432727?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
We've hit rock bottom.

Even Gehrig Dieter thinks our WRs suck.

Mecca
10-29-2023, 09:12 PM
The problem I have is loyalty. Clyde sucks and has no value. He's a neg negative to this team and yet he's still here.

My fear is that they'll bring Skyy back next year just like they did with Clyde.

He shouldn't be on this roster next season.

They're not going to cut high draft picks,they view it as sunk cost.

Chiefshrink
10-29-2023, 09:20 PM
We've hit rock bottom.

Even Gehrig Dieter thinks our WRs suck.

Get Dieter back here !! Mahomes trusts him!!:D

scho63
10-30-2023, 12:11 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

JPH83
10-30-2023, 12:56 AM
I don't really "get" Nagy, or why he should be viewed as anything but a failed HC. Even assuming the rank playcallng is Reid, the one thing everyone gave Bienimy props for was getting the team ready to play. Nagy doesn't appear to even have that quality.

TEX
10-30-2023, 01:05 AM

Its week 9. It ain't working itself out down any road with these WR's. Rice and Watson are keepers. But the rest are trash.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-30-2023, 01:16 AM
The Toney play made no sense.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2023, 07:57 AM
As Bill Grigsby once said, “I’m too old to cry and too sick to puke”

chiefzilla1501
10-30-2023, 08:21 AM
I don't really "get" Nagy, or why he should be viewed as anything but a failed HC. Even assuming the rank playcallng is Reid, the one thing everyone gave Bienimy props for was getting the team ready to play. Nagy doesn't appear to even have that quality.

He’s got a lot to prove but in fairness, it’s asking a lot of him with all the turnover. But especially when players don’t execute. I still stand by the idea that he’s largely a product of Andy Reid and that has had a long history of working out fine for us.

JPH83
10-30-2023, 09:19 AM
He’s got a lot to prove but in fairness, it’s asking a lot of him with all the turnover. But especially when players don’t execute. I still stand by the idea that he’s largely a product of Andy Reid and that has had a long history of working out fine for us.

Like I said, we just looked unprepared for that game. That feels like it's as much on him as anyone.

In his defence I think this is a pattern we're going to see with Mahomes. A year he destroys everyone, followed by a year he relatively struggles and has to adjust. I also think our OTs and WRs are not great and some players have simply regressed, including on our IOL. But if Nagy isn't telling Reid to can all the cute stuff, lateral crap and outside runs, or telling Mahomes to trust guys (i mean fair enough, why should he) rather than wait for Kelce, and there's no indication he's doing this, then what's he here for?

Indian Chief
10-30-2023, 09:23 AM
This feels similar to the discussion on Bieniemy we kept having. What is he responsible for? Is he calling the plays? Is Reid overruling him?

Bowser
10-30-2023, 11:13 AM
I think it's rather obvious that Reid/Nagy are trying to gameplan around the lack of talent at receiver we apparently have at the moment. The problem becomes when you're calling plays along the lines of a one read option for a generational QB to execute and his guys can't hold up their end of the bargain, you get what we got yesterday.

I'm willing to write the entire experience off to Mahomes being sick, our receivers having a total shit day, and the Broncos absolutely having enough of losing to us (their defense has not played like that all season until yesterday). But, changes need to be made THIS week regarding play calls and personnel groupings. I think that's stating the obvious right now.

LagunaSWana
10-30-2023, 11:14 AM
Let's go old school and just have Mahomes call the plays.

RunKC
10-30-2023, 11:15 AM
It's Andy. This is the same playcall see ran when Nagy was in Chicago.

I think you're gonna see some new shit against Miami

FloridaMan88
10-30-2023, 12:39 PM
Nagy isn’t laminating Andy’s playcall sheet properly?

Not sure what the criticism of Nagy is when Andy calls the plays.

seamonster
10-30-2023, 01:03 PM
Like I said, we just looked unprepared for that game. That feels like it's as much on him as anyone.

In his defence I think this is a pattern we're going to see with Mahomes. A year he destroys everyone, followed by a year he relatively struggles and has to adjust. I also think our OTs and WRs are not great and some players have simply regressed, including on our IOL. But if Nagy isn't telling Reid to can all the cute stuff, lateral crap and outside runs, or telling Mahomes to trust guys (i mean fair enough, why should he) rather than wait for Kelce, and there's no indication he's doing this, then what's he here for?

You're thinking of a position coach. A true NFL offensive coordinator is installing hundreds of plays, scheming and watching film on the next team and meeting with the positions coaches on the playbook. They don't have time to hold hands.

Reerun_KC
10-30-2023, 01:07 PM
I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve run a one man route on 3rd down.

I’ve lost track on how many times we’ve gotten negative yards on first down because our running game is ass.

I’ve lost track how many first downs we’ve passed up cause we’re forcing the ball to Kelce.

I’ve lost track on how many open Wrs we’ve passed up so we could throw it deep in short yardage situations.

I’ve lost rack on how many easy dropped balls we’ve had.

There’s lots to lose track of here.

JPH83
10-30-2023, 01:12 PM
You're thinking of a position coach. A true NFL offensive coordinator is installing hundreds of plays, scheming and watching film on the next team and meeting with the positions coaches on the playbook. They don't have time to hold hands.

Less about holding hands and more about setting expectations. I've never liked the shouters and screamers much but maybe that offense needs a couple of them. I mean, I don't think that's really the full diagnosis of their problems obviously! Anyway, bottom line is the playcalling is horrid.

Mecca
10-30-2023, 01:14 PM
Whoever keeps changing the WR's on the field constantly and thinks Moore should get a ton of snaps should get fired.

Dunerdr
10-30-2023, 01:17 PM
WBF

Reerun_KC
10-30-2023, 01:49 PM
Whoever keeps changing the WR's on the field constantly and thinks Moore should get a ton of snaps should get fired.

You should start the fire Andy Reid thread.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2023, 01:50 PM
Mecca's posting volume has to be at a season high right now LMAO

The Reidian Run is about to begin!

DJJasonp
10-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Pacheco averaged 5 yds per carry yesterday. He got a whopping 8 carries yesterday.

BleedingRed
10-30-2023, 01:59 PM
Pacheco averaged 5 yds per carry yesterday. He got a whopping 8 carries yesterday.

Why run the ball when you can drop a pass tho!

Reerun_KC
10-30-2023, 02:11 PM

He should get at least 20 carry’s each game.

JPH83
10-30-2023, 02:27 PM
I think it's rather obvious that Reid/Nagy are trying to gameplan around the lack of talent at receiver we apparently have at the moment. The problem becomes when you're calling plays along the lines of a one read option for a generational QB to execute and his guys can't hold up their end of the bargain, you get what we got yesterday.

I'm willing to write the entire experience off to Mahomes being sick, our receivers having a total shit day, and the Broncos absolutely having enough of losing to us (their defense has not played like that all season until yesterday). But, changes need to be made THIS week regarding play calls and personnel groupings. I think that's stating the obvious right now.

Solid take imo

Iowanian
10-30-2023, 02:30 PM
I don't love the playcalling this year BUT....

Nagy wasn't the OT's letting Denver's DEs look like probowlers....
Nagy wasn't dropping passes that hit him in the hands....
Nagy wasn't playing QB sick, and making more bad decisions this year....likely due to both of the above statements.
Nagy wasn't the defense giving up 12 minute drives and committing penalties when they DID make a stop.

dlphg9
10-30-2023, 03:59 PM
Why the fuck did Pacheco only get 8 fucking carries when he was avg 5 ypc. Ridiculous fucking shit like usual. We gotta stop passing it so fucking much. We had 41 passes called to only 13 runs. That is fucking ridiculous.

dlphg9
10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Andy Reid does this shit sometimes and it can kill the offesne. Goes completely one dimensional and its awful.

TEX
10-30-2023, 04:03 PM

Nagy wasn't playing QB sick, and making more bad decisions this year....likely due to both of the above statements.
Nagy wasn't the defense giving up 12 minute drives and committing penalties when they DID make a stop.

Are YOU sure?

crayzkirk
10-30-2023, 04:16 PM
Why the fuck did Pacheco only get 8 fucking carries when he was avg 5 ypc. Ridiculous fucking shit like usual. We gotta stop passing it so fucking much. We had 41 passes called to only 13 runs. That is fucking ridiculous.

I could be wrong however, most of his yards were on a couple of long runs. Most of what I saw was 1 or 2 yard gains on first down. Many times, the DL had great penetration and the plays went nowhere. I think he's good once he hits the hole however his vision doesn't seem great. What I would expect from a 7th round pick.

Chieftain
10-30-2023, 04:22 PM
Looking at the game yesterday, a game in which the Chiefs scored 9 measely points, Andy was shown on TV a few times glued in, holding his chart plays. The guy is clearly in command. Nagy is playing Bienemy's role but the offense runs through Andy.

crayzkirk
10-30-2023, 06:25 PM
My memory isn't the greatest however it seems that the Chiefs have struggled this year to put up points in the second half.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2023, 06:30 PM
I think the offense looks totally different in Miami and after the bye week.

The first half of the season was figuring out who could do what on offense.

Targets should be going almost exclusively to Kelce, Rice, Watson and Hardman going forward, with Pacheco, McKinnon and Gray cleaning up the checkdowns. Hardman is a damn nice 4th option.

HonestChieffan
10-30-2023, 06:51 PM
Nagy needs to wake the fuck up

Coochie liquor
10-31-2023, 04:56 AM
This feels similar to the discussion on Bieniemy we kept having. What is he responsible for? Is he calling the plays? Is Reid overruling him?

Everything I’ve read from Bienemy is Andy always call the plays, the OC decides the players for the play.

Coochie liquor
10-31-2023, 04:57 AM
I’ve lost track on how many times we’ve gotten negative yards on first down because our running game is ass.

I’ve lost track how many first downs we’ve passed up cause we’re forcing the ball to Kelce.

I’ve lost track on how many open Wrs we’ve passed up so we could throw it deep in short yardage situations.

Wish you’d lose track of your flying skills when over a large body of water!

TEX
10-31-2023, 07:15 AM
Targets should be going almost exclusively to Kelce, Rice, Watson and Hardman going forward, with Pacheco, McKinnon and Gray cleaning up the checkdowns. Hardman is a damn nice 4th option.

Get this over to 1 Arrowhead Drive before Thursday.

RunKC
10-31-2023, 12:37 PM
Speaking of play calling...should we have gone for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The worst punt decision of the week, according to the bot <a href="https://t.co/Vud6kcigDT">pic.twitter.com/Vud6kcigDT</a></p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1719353831786451396?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shields68
10-31-2023, 01:39 PM

The offense is designed to throw the ball and set up the running game. When your Wr. can not get open against press coverage and drop the ball when they do it really is difficult to adjust the play calling.

We do not have a Fullback on the roster, the team is not setup to play power football.

Bowser
10-31-2023, 02:07 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The worst punt decision of the week, according to the bot <a href="https://t.co/Vud6kcigDT">pic.twitter.com/Vud6kcigDT</a></p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1719353831786451396?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Without a doubt

New World Order
10-31-2023, 02:08 PM
What’s up with the stupid swing passes on third and fiveish

Just let Mahomes do his thing

staylor26
10-31-2023, 02:11 PM
What’s up with the stupid swing passes on third and fiveish

Just let Mahomes do his thing

Very fucking annoying. I saw multiple other teams run similar plays, and every time the WR ran straight into a defensive lineman.

Those plays look awful when they don't work and they rarely do.

OnTheWarpath15
10-31-2023, 02:14 PM
Very fucking annoying. I saw multiple other teams run similar plays, and every time the WR ran straight into a defensive lineman.

Those plays look awful when they don't work and they rarely do.

Yeah, never a fan of throwing the ball backwards, leaving your RB/WR to gain even more yardage than absolutely necessary.

God of Thunder
10-31-2023, 02:35 PM
I just can't get over 4th and 2 - and we throw it 20+ when points are imperative. Like - just move the chains.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2023, 02:38 PM
I just can't get over 4th and 2 - and we throw it 20+ when points are imperative. Like - just move the chains.

They had two short routes and two intermediate routes going. All were covered.

God of Thunder
10-31-2023, 03:38 PM
They had two short routes and two intermediate routes going. All were covered.

the 20 yarder was covered - your point? The probability is still higher on a short pass.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2023, 04:24 PM
the 20 yarder was covered - your point? The probability is still higher on a short pass.

Look at the All 22. Skyy was the most open.

The only issue with the play was Skyy dropping the ball.

RedRaider56
10-31-2023, 04:49 PM
Look at the All 22. Skyy was the most open.

The only issue with the play was Skyy dropping the ball.

The only issue with Skyy is....well, Skyy..

Skyy God
10-31-2023, 05:36 PM
I’m pro hothead maybe domestic abuser and anti penis-visor at this point.

dlphg9
10-31-2023, 05:46 PM

Well they have 16 negative runs out of 113 1st down rushes.

Pacheco avgs 3.71 yds per rush on 1st down with 72 rushes
MEH avgs 2.55 ypc on 1st down with 20 rushes

lcarus
10-31-2023, 07:22 PM

I would've gone for it but hell, even a field goal was in play. 60 yards for Butker in Denver is a walk in the park. Anything but a punt.

Great Expectations
11-05-2023, 11:35 AM
It sure looks like Nagy is calling the plays. THe opening script by Reid was awesome, then terrible.

RealSNR
11-05-2023, 11:40 AM
Is it Nagy who's calling plays?

Have we determined this?

Womble
11-05-2023, 11:40 AM
You have a crucial 3rd and half a yard with less than 4 minutes on the clock and you don't run it through the middle....really baffling considering Pacheco was doing it for fun this game when given the chance.

Gary Cooper
11-05-2023, 11:41 AM
You have a crucial 3rd and half a yard with less than 4 minutes on the clock and you don't run it through the middle....really baffling considering Pacheco was doing it for fun this game when given the chance.
Is that Nagy's fault? They've done the same shit for years.

mschiefs1984
11-05-2023, 11:42 AM

Have we determined this?

Andy calls the plays always had The OC in KC puts is in charge of putting the gameplan together and will relay the call to the QB but Andy calls the play. They have stated this many times

Bl00dyBizkitz

Yeah I dont get it. We have Pacheco and a supposedly stout OL and we consistently don't give him the ball on 3rd and short.

KC Hawks
Whoever is calling the plays, it's been pretty terrible most of the season.

mschiefs1984
11-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Is that Nagy's fault? They've done the same shit for years.

This

And that's part of the problem IMO. We are still trying to do things we did when we had Hill,Walkins ect. We don't have them it's time to make some changes to the offense

RunKC
11-05-2023, 11:43 AM
It's Nagy's fault that we are having trouble on 3rd and short even though we had this problem the entire time he was gone LMAO

Great Expectations
11-05-2023, 11:44 AM

Have we determined this?

It appears that he is, they show him covering his mouth when the plays are being called in to Mahomes.

KCUnited
11-05-2023, 11:45 AM
QB sneak goes for 15 yards on that last 3rd down

They were just giving it away

Sassy Squatch
11-05-2023, 11:45 AM
The offensive personnel has been absolutely dog shit. If that's on him he needs those duties revoked.

-King-
11-05-2023, 11:46 AM
It appears that he is, they show him covering his mouth when the plays are being called in to Mahomes.

Reid has always called the plays to the OC and the OC calls the plays to Mahomes. I don't know why they have that system but it's been the same since Smith was the QB. But ultimately it's Reid calling plays.

Rausch
11-05-2023, 11:46 AM
I'd love to see any convincing proof that Naggy has called a single play since Smith was QB...

mr. tegu
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM
Reid has always called the plays to the OC and the OC calls the plays to Mahomes. I don't know why they have that system but it's been the same since Smith was the QB. But ultimately it's Reid calling plays.

Yeah I don’t understand why fans all of the sudden think the OC is calling plays. It’s always been Reid.

displacedinMN
11-05-2023, 11:48 AM
it needs work

notorious
11-05-2023, 11:48 AM
Whoever made the call has shit for brains.

mr. tegu
11-05-2023, 11:49 AM
I’m not a fan of game manager Mahomes. It just seems like our flow and play calling is always just off.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 11:49 AM
Bring EB back after Rivera gets canned.

RINGLEADER
11-05-2023, 11:50 AM
Matt Nagy is supposedly the offensive coordinator. The offense sucks. I'm assuming he gets some blame for something. But Andy Reid is the one calling the terrible plays. He runs when he should pass and passes when he should run. It's inexplicable.

Also, it needs to be said -- Patrick isn't playing like Patrick this season.

Gary Cooper
11-05-2023, 11:50 AM
Rice needs more targets. Whoever is calling the plays needs to give him more snaps.

FringeNC
11-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Playcalling matters more than ever before. We can't give away downs because we are not explosive at all. The 3rd and 4th and less than a yard -- Mahomes has to come off the field if they refuse to do a QB sneak with him.

chiefzilla1501
So which is it guys? So Reid controlled all playcalling for EB, but EB took it over against cincy when we struggled, but EB is the reason we were successful even though Reid took back playcalling last year. And now we miss EB and Nagy is taking over playcalling while Reid sits helplessly on the sidelines.

The offense has always run through Reid. Through ups and downs.

DrunkBassGuitar
Whoever is calling plays I'd like to know why we trust the RBs on 2nd and 10 but not 3rd and 1

WhawhaWhat
11-05-2023, 11:52 AM
Bring EB back after Rivera gets canned.

I heard Gehrig Dieter and Anthony Sherman on 810 this week and they were talking about how EB was the details guy. I can definitely see how they're missing a guy like that this year.

notorious
11-05-2023, 11:52 AM
Whoever is calling plays I'd like to know why we trust the RBs on 2nd and 10 but not 3rd and 1

This is no joke. LMAO

FloridaMan88
11-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Legit criticism of Nagy is right after he had a Come to Jesus gathering with the offense on the sideline… they promptly go and have a 3 and out.

Andy obviously is the brain trust for the offense and calls the plays, but perhaps missing EB’s intensity to balance Andy’s cerebral nature is missing more than we thought.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 11:54 AM
So which is it guys? So Reid controlled all playcalling for EB, but EB took it over against cincy when we struggled, but EB is the reason we were successful even though Reid took back playcalling last year. And now we miss EB and Nagy is taking over playcalling while Reid sits helplessly on the sidelines.

The offense has always run through Reid. Through ups and downs.

Doesn't matter.

Bottom line is
EB/Reid>Nagy/Reid

MahomesMagic
11-05-2023, 11:54 AM
EB doing stuff with some good WR's, a shit OL, and a fifth round QB who melts under pressure.

EB can come back anytime he likes if Nagy is promoted to team cheerleader.

Shiver Me Timbers
11-05-2023, 12:00 PM

I said the same thing on that last play. Trying to figure out if it is Andy or Nagy. The primary was Kelce on that play and he was double teamed and held by both. Run the damn ball!!!

ChiefEd
11-05-2023, 12:03 PM
“There aren’t any pictures on the scorecard”

7-2 Bitches!!!

crayzkirk
11-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Maybe the OL is tipping the plays; seen a lot of running plays where there are a couple of DL waiting in the backfield. There's a lot of new moving parts and it does appear that the league is letting defenses play more physical (which I think is a good thing).

mschiefs1984
11-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Legit criticism of Nagy is right after he had a Come to Jesus gathering with the offense on the sideline… they promptly go and have a 3 and out.

Andy obviously is the brain trust for the offense and calls the plays, but perhaps missing EB’s intensity to balance Andy’s cerebral nature is missing more than we thought.

Criticism of Nagy can also go into the game plan. The OC doesn't call the plays on Sunday but they do have a lot to do with putting the game plan together. And that has been lackluster this season. That's probably where they are missing EB the most

Danguardace
11-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and fuck off

Rausch
11-05-2023, 12:27 PM
That's probably where they are missing EB the most

Where they are missing EB most is the fucking accountability he demanded of his guys. If you shit the bed you got a face full of EB on the sidelines. He had no patience for dipshittery...

TLO
11-05-2023, 12:42 PM
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and **** off

lol wat

tredadda
11-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and fuck off

Seriously?

KCUnited
11-05-2023, 12:46 PM
No one is poaching Nagy

RunKC
11-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Was it just me or did it look like Andy dialed down the play calling in the 2nd half? Almost like he's saving plays and didn't want to use them with that big of a lead

ChiefEd
11-05-2023, 12:47 PM
Was it just me or did it look like Andy dialed down the play calling in the 2nd half? Almost like he's saving plays and didn't want to use them with that big of a lead

Ding ding! We have a winner. We’re gonna play these guys again. Don’t put too much on film….

petegz28
11-05-2023, 12:49 PM
Someone may have already said this but could one of you people with "connections" please remind Nagy that Patrick Mahomes is our QB and not Mitch Trubisky?

I think he has been using his Chicago play sheet.

Pitt Gorilla
EB doing stuff with some good WR's, a shit OL, and a fifth round QB who melts under pressure.

EB can come back anytime he likes if Nagy is promoted to team cheerleader.

I still don't understand why Chief Fans disliked EB so much. He was really, really good at his job and was an important part of our success. One would think Chief Fans would appreciate that.

TEX

No, you didn't imagine it. It looked like that's what happened. But, we do have a problem scoring in the second half of games. If it wasn't for that, I'd be all in on your theory.

chiefzilla1501
Doesn't matter.

Bottom line is
EB/Reid>Nagy/Reid

It's not bottom line. Get players who can execute instead of having to do gymnastics to scheme around them. It reminds me of the days of scheming around Jordan black not holding his block for a split second.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 12:52 PM
It's not bottom line. Get players who can execute instead of having to do gymnastics to scheme around them. It reminds me of the days of scheming around Jordan black not holding his block for a split second.

You have the same players as last year, moran.

Pitt Gorilla

Who knew that JuJu was the linchpin of our offense?

MahomesMagic
I still don't understand why Chief Fans disliked EB so much. He was really, really good at his job and was an important part of our success. One would think Chief Fans would appreciate that.

I was never sure how much EB was involved.

But Nagy stuff easier to spot as a lot of the plays we are running now look like Nagy's Bears who were bottom 3 in offense.

Pepe Silvia
11-05-2023, 12:53 PM

They were mad that he yelled at Patrick a few times.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2023, 12:53 PM
I was never sure how much EB was involved.

But Nagy stuff easier to spot as did a lot of the plays we are running now with the Bears.

We knew. Andy, Pat, Trav, etc. mentioned regularly how important EB was to our offensive gameplans, especially the install.

MahomesMagic
11-05-2023, 12:54 PM
Who knew that JuJu was the linchpin of our offense?

He was a good player who took pressure off Kelce. That's what we are missing now.

TEX
11-05-2023, 12:55 PM
You have the same players as last year, moran.

All except for our leading WR. And the guys that were counted on to step up have regressed. But other than that, yes their the same.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 01:02 PM
All except for our leading WR. And the guys that were counted on to step up have regressed. But other than that, yes their the same.

Rice replaced most of Jujus production and he missed time anyways and we were fine.

nychief
11-05-2023, 01:04 PM
Nagy has no rhythm whatsoever.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2023, 01:12 PM
Rice replaced most of Jujus production and he missed time anyways and we were fine.

He really hasn't. He's a better player but he's running a limited route tree and still isn't consistently playing tons of snaps. Juju was routinely getting 8+ targets a game. He wasn't all world but he's clearly missed. And it stings more because defenses have gotten way better at defending our look and others across the league like us

notorious
11-05-2023, 01:30 PM
Chiefs were 3rd in 2nd half points scored with 13.3 last year.

Chiefs are 30th with 6.6 this year.

We have let up on 2 touchdowns to end the game. That puts us at 8.1 if we convert those.

That puts the Chiefs at 26th in second half points.

Yes, I know we win, and we keep winning thanks to our defense, but this is concerning.

petegz28
11-05-2023, 01:36 PM

We have let up on 2 touchdowns to end the game. That puts us at 8.1 if we convert those.

Yes, I know we win, and we keep winning thanks to our defense, but this is concerning.

Yes, this is particularly concerning. We aren't closing out games the way we should. The D came up huge today but the offense had the ball with 4 min left and basically went 3 and out because we couldn't convert a 3rd and 1....again.

I can't for the life of me understand why we never just smash it up the middle or sneak it on 3rd and short? Teams know we won't and they know we will do everything but that.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 01:37 PM
Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling

Let’s not. Its depressing.

-King-
11-05-2023, 01:41 PM

This is the cope people always use. And it's not like we were lighting up the field in the first half. There was barely anything to dial back from. And as bad as our offense has been (relative to expectations) there's no reason to dial them back ever.

-King-
11-05-2023, 01:42 PM

Wow. I didn't know we were bad. Less than a touchdown in a half with the best QB ever is something that should never happen.

New World Order
11-05-2023, 01:45 PM

It’s definitely concerning

MahomesMagic
11-05-2023, 01:45 PM
3RD POSS PLAYS YDS RESULT

13:14 KC 13 3:17 5 29 PUNT
4:47 KC 25 2:35 5 7 FUMBLE
0:22 KC 21 3:15 7 24 PUNT
4TH POSS PLAYS
4:10 KC 10 1:42 3 9 PUNT
1:00 KC 44 1:00 2 -2 GAME

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Wow. I didn't know we were bad. Less than a touchdown in a half with the best QB ever is something that should never happen.

I mean, we lost our offensive coordinator in the off-season. I don't think anyone would anticipate us being BETTER after something like that.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 02:05 PM
He really hasn't. He's a better player but he's running a limited route tree and still isn't consistently playing tons of snaps. Juju was routinely getting 8+ targets a game. He wasn't all world but he's clearly missed. And it stings more because defenses have gotten way better at defending our look and others across the league like us

Yeah, I'm not buying Juju is the answer the problems but you do you.

-King-
11-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying Juju is the answer the problems but you do you.

He's not saying Juju specifically is the answer. Just a player that can be targeted and relied on like Juju was last year. Right now we don't have that.

Sassy Squatch
11-05-2023, 02:08 PM
Why is Toney not on the field? There is no legitimate argument to be made why he isn't getting snaps over Moore. Moore is pretty terrible at just about anything barring a busted coverage.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:09 PM
I mean, we lost our offensive coordinator in the off-season. I don't think anyone would anticipate us being BETTER after something like that.

Uh? You new here?. EB was the root of all offensive problems and him and Mahomes didn’t like each other. /CP

It was addition by subtraction.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Why is Toney not on the field? There is no legitimate argument to be made why he isn't getting snaps over Moore. Moore is pretty terrible at just about anything barring a busted coverage.

Cause he makes maybe one play a game and one serious bone head play a game. He’s not worth the hassle.

wheeler08
11-05-2023, 02:10 PM
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany

Sassy Squatch
11-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Cause he makes maybe one play a game and one serious bone head play a game. He’s not worth the hassle.
Moore makes no plays. He's liable to fuck up plays specifically designed for him. At the very least Toney has elite YAC skills.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:11 PM
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany

Close this thread. Well said.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:12 PM
Moore makes no plays. He's liable to **** up plays specifically designed for him. At the very least Toney has elite YAC skills.

Yet can’t make plays or get open. He’s a liability when you specifically design plays for him. He’s just as likely to drop or tip it for an INT as he is to catch it.

Sassy Squatch
11-05-2023, 02:12 PM
I'm dreading the day he takes over for Reid.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:13 PM

He won’t.

Easy 6
11-05-2023, 02:14 PM
He's not saying Juju specifically is the answer. Just a player that can be targeted and relied on like Juju was last year. Right now we don't have that.

Actually we do, his name is Rashee Rice and for some inexplicable reason they keep pulling him off the field

wheeler08
11-05-2023, 02:14 PM

I pray, pray(!) that Veach isn’t that stupid

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:16 PM
I pray, pray(!) that Veach isn’t that stupid

Hunt isn’t thst stupid to do that. Nagy is awful.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 02:22 PM
I'd take Pederson in a heart beat over Nagy

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2023, 02:37 PM
Uh? You new here?. EB was the root of all offensive problems and him and Mahomes didn’t like each other. /CP

It was addition by subtraction.

Chief Fans are reruns, but it's difficult to believe they are THAT reruned. If they wanted him gone, it likely had little to do with his ability to coordinate an offense. Even the reruns could recognize his talent there.

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2023, 02:39 PM

They must have really liked what he did in Chicago.

notorious
11-05-2023, 02:40 PM
They must have really liked what he did in Chicago.

That resume speaks for itself.

Rainbarrel
11-05-2023, 02:41 PM
If Reid gave a years or two's notice. No telling who would take a ceremonial role and wait

BWillie
11-05-2023, 02:46 PM
It doesn't matter who our offensive coordinator is

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2023, 02:48 PM

I don't think anyone thought that he was gods gift to man. Everyone knows the offense is run through Reid and that Reid micromanages the offense. whether we succeed or fail, and usually it's success, the success and blame will primarily fall on Reid.

When we succeeded, we claimed it was because eb was shelved. When we failed it was because eb was in charge. Since the beginning of time weve refused to give credit to the oc but blame them for all our issues.

I dont think it's Reid or nagy. Reid continues to run the show as he did with eb. We are working around our weaknesses. Clear as day

BigRedChief
11-05-2023, 02:48 PM
Reid is calling the plays. On TV they show Reid talking when the play is going in to Patrick.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2023, 02:50 PM
Chief Fans are reruns, but it's difficult to believe they are THAT reruned. If they wanted him gone, it likely had little to do with his ability to coordinate an offense. Even the reruns could recognize his talent there.

Nailed it.

crayzkirk
11-05-2023, 02:50 PM
Perhaps it all has to do with how the league is adjusting to the plays, the players, and that I have a problem with expectations. Patrick and the Chiefs were unbelievably successful and realistically, there's no way that could continue. So much talent in the NFL, especially in the AFC. it's going to be a dog fight for the next decade.

They won, it was ugly, it looked like the offense was in reverse. The Chiefs have to be one of the most studied offenses in the NFL; it's not unreasonable to believe that people know the tendencies and are exploiting them.

notorious
11-05-2023, 02:51 PM
Did we really only have 46 yards the second half? LMAO

Lord almighty.

dannybcaitlyn
11-05-2023, 02:54 PM
EB can’t be fired soon enough… So he can rejoin the beloved CHIEFS

-King-
11-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Actually we do, his name is Rashee Rice and for some inexplicable reason they keep pulling him off the field

He played the most snaps of any WR. Just wasn't targeted

jerryaldini
11-05-2023, 02:55 PM
The last couple weeks the opposing DCs have a lot of experience coaching against our offense and have had success. But at this point I do think EB matters.

-King-
11-05-2023, 02:56 PM
EB can’t be fired soon enough… So he can rejoin the beloved CHIEFS

Why would they fire him? He's over achieving with that offense.

Easy 6
11-05-2023, 03:01 PM
He played the most snaps of any WR. Just wasn't targeted

Yeah seen the snap counts you posted right after I said that

Is it still a lingering trust thing with Mahomes, or is the kid just being blanketed 90% of the time... or a mix of both?

Thats a fact, he has them looking better than anyone had a right to expect

dannybcaitlyn
11-05-2023, 03:06 PM
Well it won’t happen right now but the off-season they most likely cleaning house. They are already rebuilding with the recent trades. The New owners will want to pick THEIR guys.

CadeMeister
11-05-2023, 03:08 PM
Third and 1 late in 4th quarter and a chance to ICE the Fins. Reid calls a fucking pass. A fucking pass on 3rd and 1. I'm sorry that's not going to win a SB this year. Don't give a rats ass about years past.

MahomesMagic
11-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Well it won’t happen right now but the off-season they most likely cleaning house. They are already rebuilding with the recent trades. The New owners will want to pick THEIR guys.

They should just promote EB.

BigCatDaddy
11-05-2023, 03:19 PM

OH, not Juju but a guy like Juju but not named Juju. Fair enough.

RunKC
11-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Andy called in the disastrous 3rd and 1 playcall not Nagy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on the crucial 3rd &amp; 1,<br>Appears to say, <br>“Pass”…. <br> Hesitates…<br>“Go pass” 🤦🏽*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/LBTiSXJg4C">pic.twitter.com/LBTiSXJg4C</a></p>&mdash; 𝕃𝕠𝕣𝕕ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕗ℝ𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕒 (@JordanTribe) <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanTribe/status/1721220410048680013?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jerryaldini
11-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Andy called in the disastrous 3rd and 1 playcall not Nagy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on the crucial 3rd &amp; 1,<br>Appears to say, <br>“Pass”…. <br> Hesitates…<br>“Go pass” 🤦🏽*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/LBTiSXJg4C">pic.twitter.com/LBTiSXJg4C</a></p>&mdash; 𝕃𝕠𝕣𝕕ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕗ℝ𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕒 (@JordanTribe) <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanTribe/status/1721220410048680013?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting, but then does Nagy call the specific play? Or did Nagy already give Andy two options?

Iowanian
11-05-2023, 07:56 PM
I was ready to break shit on that 3rd and 1.

Even if they didn’t get the first, the clock is running and they’re punting from the 2 min warning.

10 runs like mama possessed, and the interior 3 are as good as any in the league. If this tram can’t run for 1 yard on occasion, something is drastically wrong.

TEX
11-05-2023, 09:15 PM

Even if they didn’t get the first, the clock is running and they’re punting from the 2 min warning.

10 runs like mama possessed, and the interior 3 are as good as any in the league. If this tram can’t run for 1 yard on occasion, something is drastically wrong.

Are the interior 3 really that good at run blocking?

trndobrd
11-05-2023, 09:33 PM

Chiefs are second in the league with a 63.3% conversion rate when rushing on 3rd and short.

notorious
11-05-2023, 09:35 PM
Chiefs are second in the league with a 63.3% conversion rate when rushing on 3rd and short.

And they had a single-up DT.....

Incredible that Mahomes doesn't just fall forward.

CadeMeister
11-06-2023, 09:19 AM
How did that Miami game look.......LOL

fadeaway
11-06-2023, 09:23 AM
I am convinced we are holding back on these situations. Sort of like when we used to use Burton on every 3rd and short, even when teams figured it, only to fake it in the play offs.

-King-
11-06-2023, 09:25 AM
And they had a single-up DT.....

Incredible that Mahomes doesn't just fall forward.

He hinted at it a few weeks ago but I think he's about to get to a point where he calls his own number on those plays.

Red Dawg
11-06-2023, 09:26 AM

Not this year and Andy knows it.

crispystl
11-06-2023, 10:24 AM
No, you didn't imagine it. It looked like that's what happened. But, we do have a problem scoring in the second half of games. If it wasn't for that, I'd be all in on your theory.

That first scripted drive was beautiful.

crispystl
11-06-2023, 10:47 AM
Third and 1 late in 4th quarter and a chance to ICE the Fins. Reid calls a ****ing pass. A ****ing pass on 3rd and 1. I'm sorry that's not going to win a SB this year. Don't give a rats ass about years past.

WTF are you?

crispystl
11-06-2023, 10:48 AM

This^
I was screaming at the TV to RUN THE FUCKING ball before the play LMAO.

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2023, 11:01 AM
We need to just run the ball. I'm not crazy about the tush push. Eagles run it tremendously. I've seen other teams run it and the QB is getting absolutely blasted. Maybe in crunch time or the playoffs. For now let's just figure out how to do this so we can use qb as last resort.

tredadda
11-06-2023, 11:04 AM
We need to just run the ball. I'm not crazy about the tush push. Eagles run it tremendously. I've seen other teams run it and the QB is getting absolutely blasted. Maybe in crunch time or the playoffs. For now let's just figure out how to do this so we can use qb as last resort.

The Eagles are successful with it because they have a good OLine, elite C, and a QB who is good at gaining a yard or two on the ground. We have the same except for a HC willing to run a QB sneak. I will be shocked to ever see one here as long as Andy is HC.

JPH83
11-06-2023, 12:00 PM
The Eagles are successful with it because they have a good OLine, elite C, and a QB who is good at gaining a yard or two on the ground. We have the same except for a HC willing to run a QB sneak. I will be shocked to ever see one here as long as Andy is HC.

The Eagles OL is better than ours and they utilise their OTs for that play, and other run plays, really well. Our IOL is great but it isn't playing at the level it can. Some of it I think is taking time to gel with the OTs, some I think maybe just be a loss of form. It happens.

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2023, 01:43 PM

I’m sure we can be successful with it. It just feels like it’s very unsafe for mahomes. I feel like hurts is a unique breed who can not only run it well but can also do it safely. He has a crazy strong lower body so he can really get low and keep himself way less exposed. Qb sneaks on the other hand… yeah I’d be ok with it but I’m also ok if we don’t want to expose mahomes during regular season games

JohnnyV13
11-06-2023, 02:17 PM
Well, Nagy is doing the same fine job that helped him become coach of the year in Chicago in 2018 and develop Mitch Trubisky's career...

-King-
11-20-2023, 11:23 PM
As bad as the receivers are, Nagy and the rest of the offensive coaches are putting them in a position to fail damn near every game. The rotations, the routes, the playcalling etc give players zero chance to build chemistry with Mahomes and even put up average numbers.

Players are just making way too many fundamental mistakes that have nothing to do with their talent. They're running wrong routes and making some of the worst adjustments I've ever seen mid route and when the ball is in the air. There's no reason Byron Pringle and Demarcus Robinson were decent in this offense but the current WR corp is this bad at just doing simple shit that should be practiced and repped during the week.

EB to Nagy is really seeming like a downgrade based on the lack of preparation the offense shows every single week. Even the bad spells they had under EB you could just chalk it up to players having bad games. This is just flat out incompetence from top to bottom. A team with a good QB shouldn't look this bad much less a team with the best QB in history. The Commanders with Sam Howell at QB are now averaging more points and yards than us!

FloridaMan88
11-20-2023, 11:25 PM
I have no idea what Nagy’s specific role or responsibilities are.

But if you have the title, “Offensive Coordinator” and your offense with Patrick Mahomes hasn’t scored a second half point (even a FG) in 28 days… you deserve to have your job security questioned.

RunKC
11-20-2023, 11:30 PM
Dumb post. Playcalling was the best it's been since the Super Bowl. We ran it with Pacheco on 3rd and short multiple times, we didn't ignore the running game, WR's were schemed open continuously.

FFS. MVS was schemed open for a big gain TWICE including that back breaking play and Watson was open downfield multiple times in the game but ran the wrong route and dropped the fucking ball that was a perfect pass.

It's the fucking players. Andy and Nagy are off the hook this time. You couldn't have coached a better fucking game on offense.

Fucking CATCH.

KC Hawks
11-20-2023, 11:30 PM
Reid is the play caller. It's been the same since he got here.

I do think we miss EB from a hard-ass perspective though. He was a good counter-balance to Andy and I don't think we've replaced that.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2023, 11:32 PM
Dumb post. Playcalling was the best it's been since the Super Bowl. We ran it with Pacheco on 3rd and short multiple times, we didn't ignore the running game, WR's were schemed open continuously.

FFS. MVS was schemed open for a big gain TWICE including that back breaking play and Watson was open downfield multiple times in the game but ran the wrong route and dropped the fucking ball that was a perfect pass.

It's the fucking players. Andy and Nagy are off the hook this time. You couldn't have coached a better fucking game on offense.

Fucking CATCH.

Chiefs are 3 or 4 drops from being 10-0.

I trust Andy to get this fixed for the postseason.

Rausch
11-20-2023, 11:32 PM

Fucking CATCH.

That's it. MVS went full MVS and MVS the hell outta' this game.

These young WR's dropped passes across the board. Guys were not where the football was going. Watson had a chance to shine tonight and he shit the bed when it mattered.

I'm glad they're getting the practice 'cause they sure do need it. They'll either get better or they'll keep getting the L around their necks.

-King-
11-20-2023, 11:45 PM

Fucking CATCH.
Rice isn't taking himself off the field. Neither is Toney. Why are we getting so many drive killing penalties? Why are the receivers so confused on running the right routes and being where Mahomes expects them to be? Why are we seeing plays called and players featured on drives in the first half only to never see that again?

That's all coaching. I don't know if it's Nagy or Reid, or the WR coach or what, but there are definite coaching issues on the offense that do nothing to help the already bad WRs we have.

RunKC
11-20-2023, 11:53 PM
Rice isn't taking himself off the field. Neither is Toney. Why are we getting so many drive killing penalties? Why are the receivers so confused on running the right routes and being where Mahomes expects them to be? Why are we seeing plays called and players featured on drives in the first half only to never see that again?

That's all coaching. I don't know if it's Nagy or Reid, or the WR coach or what, but there are definite coaching issues on the offense that do nothing to help the already bad WRs we have.

Agree on coaching, especially with guys running the wrong routes, but I was referring to the playcalls.

They were outstanding tonight. Players just didn't execute

RINGLEADER
11-21-2023, 12:19 AM
Agree on coaching, especially with guys running the wrong routes, but I was referring to the playcalls.

They were outstanding tonight. Players just didn't execute

This.

Lots of reasons to be mad as fans but if the Chiefs execute they’re undeafeated.

I think a lot of concern comes from fans being able to envision this happening in the playoffs. We have no idea if they’ll fix the problems but experiencing the same issues 10 weeks in at least makes the questions of whether they can get it fixed valid.

That said, I would hate to be the Raiders right now.

RunKC
11-21-2023, 12:38 PM
Stupid fucking Nagy. Stupid fucking ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was the play before the punt- probably was hearing footsteps but gotta catch this <a href="https://t.co/1sH8MWwTPy">pic.twitter.com/1sH8MWwTPy</a></p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1726985448822874127?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/YvDuSU8pMw">pic.twitter.com/YvDuSU8pMw</a><br>OH MY<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> MVS dropped a long TD pass from Patrick Mahomes</p>&mdash; NFL Rumors (@nflrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1726816802737717541?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
11-21-2023, 12:45 PM
MVS was unreal. I mean it was perfect.

Dunerdr
11-21-2023, 03:02 PM
That was the best long ball I can recall this season. Mahomes finally goes deep with conviction and MVS does what he was known for in GB.

Frazod
11-21-2023, 03:13 PM
I remember when Grbac said that he couldn't throw it and catch it too. Mahomes is too classy to say that, but I'm sure he's thinking it.

lewdog
11-21-2023, 08:41 PM
Playcalling was VERY good last night. Then even gave Pacheco the amount of touches he should be getting every game along with finding ways to mix in guys like Toney in different ways. The play calling was worlds better last night than it has been.

The WR room can't make a tough catch and many times can't make the easy one either. I can't fathom that the open drops can continue at this pace but you don't have one WR on the roster that can make a tough catch when you need it. Most teams don't have a QB that can make the tough throws but that's not our problem. We struggle completing anything over 15 yards because of our WRs.

crayzkirk
11-21-2023, 09:44 PM
All I can say is that defenses have been studying the Chiefs tendencies and I think that our players and alignments are allowing teams to predict what is coming. Add that to the poor execution and untimely penalties and this is the result.

As critical as I have been, this team is still 7-3, has the best QB in the WORLD and is really great to be happening now. it's all meaningless fun anyway and a game, why are we not having fun?

Pepe Silvia
11-21-2023, 10:31 PM
I don’t like this guy.

J Diddy
11-21-2023, 10:54 PM
That was the best long ball I can recall this season. Mahomes finally goes deep with conviction and MVS does what he was known for in GB.

Was he known for pissing off Chiefs fans in Green Bay too?

TEX
11-22-2023, 03:06 AM
Playcalling was VERY good last night. Then even gave Pacheco the amount of touches he should be getting every game along with finding ways to mix in guys like Toney in different ways. The play calling was worlds better last night than it has been.

The WR room can't make a tough catch and many times can't make the easy one either. I can't fathom that the open drops can continue at this pace but you don't have one WR on the roster that can make a tough catch when you need it. Most teams don't have a QB that can make the tough throws but that's not our problem. We struggle completing anything over 15 yards because of our WRs.

I thought the play calling was better this game also, except for all the runs on 1st down in the 2nd half. Philly sold out to stop it, and kind of did there in the 4th qtr. Should have done more over the top, but could / did not b/c of the WR's.

TEX
11-22-2023, 03:09 AM
Stupid ****ing Nagy. Stupid ****ing ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was the play before the punt- probably was hearing footsteps but gotta catch this <a href="https://t.co/1sH8MWwTPy">pic.twitter.com/1sH8MWwTPy</a></p>&mdash; Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) <a href="https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1726985448822874127?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/YvDuSU8pMw">pic.twitter.com/YvDuSU8pMw</a><br>OH MY<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> MVS dropped a long TD pass from Patrick Mahomes</p>&mdash; NFL Rumors (@nflrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1726816802737717541?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just fucking terrible. :shake:

Bump
11-22-2023, 03:19 AM
Stupid ****ing Nagy. Stupid ****ing ANDY. How dare they call play calls that....wait....get guys open?!?!

Regarding the offense, if anyone says anything other than "it's the receivers" then they are just flat out wrong. Rice is the only one worth keeping next year, the rest are trash that needs to be taken out.

ChiefsFanatic
11-22-2023, 03:40 AM

I trust Andy to get this fixed for the postseason.Why do you believe he will fix it?

Because, if he can't fix it after 10 games, and if he can't fix it after almost two weeks of bye week, why would 7 more games make a difference?

Reid still says nonsensical shit like Skyy Moore does a heckuva job.

This offense isn't struggling.

This offense is just not good.

Gary Cooper
11-22-2023, 09:49 AM
Regarding the offense, if anyone says anything other than "it's the receivers" then they are just flat out wrong. Rice is the only one worth keeping next year, the rest are trash that needs to be taken out.
They had three drops on the last possession alone.

TEX
11-22-2023, 10:08 AM

I trust Andy to get this fixed for the postseason.
True, and I hope you're right. But the line in the sand keeps moving backwards. Its week 11, and these WR's aren't fixed. In fact, coming off the bye, they looked as bad as they did week 1. It's not trending in the right direction at all, so much that it's not out of the question to think that it may not be fixable this season.

Chris Meck
11-22-2023, 10:13 AM
I don't think Nagy's calling the plays, and if he is, he called a whale of a game Monday night.

I have concerns that perhaps his style is not as detail oriented as Bienemy's was. Maybe being less of a hard-ass is resulting in the huge amount of penalties and just general sloppiness. We've always seen it in spurts, but it's pretty much an identity marker this season.

I'm not saying it's all Nagy or anything, just that I have concerns.

TEX
11-23-2023, 10:27 AM
Well, Nagy is doing the same fine job that helped him become coach of the year in Chicago in 2018 and develop Mitch Trubisky's career...

But then, shortly afterwards, there was his last year in Chicago... :shrug:

RunKC
11-23-2023, 10:45 AM
I don't think Nagy's calling the plays, and if he is, he called a whale of a game Monday night.

I have concerns that perhaps his style is not as detail oriented as Bienemy's was. Maybe being less of a hard-ass is resulting in the huge amount of penalties and just general sloppiness. We've always seen it in spurts, but it's pretty much an identity marker this season.

I'm not saying it's all Nagy or anything, just that I have concerns.

If that was Nagy's play calling on Monday then sign him up to be Andy's successor yesterday bc was one of the best designed/play called game of the Andy Reid era.

It was a near perfect game from the coaching staff. Pacheco smashing 1st downs on multiple 3rd/4th and shorts instead of cutesy bullshit from the shotgun. Enough running to open shit up. New wrinkles.

And they got WR's open several times. That's what is so goddamn frustrating. The coaches literally put on a perfect game and the receivers went and fucked it all up.

ThyKingdomCome15
11-23-2023, 11:06 AM

Reid "let's them be themselves" and they're undisciplined. That's the difference between a Belichick tyrant coach and your best friend ever coach.

Either way both are HOF.

FloridaMan88
11-23-2023, 11:07 AM
Rich Gannon on NFL Radio yesterday indicated that he was certain, based on watching the game and Andy on the sideline that Nagy was calling the plays in the second half.

RunKC
11-23-2023, 11:46 AM
Rich Gannon on NFL Radio yesterday indicated that he was certain, based on watching the game and Andy on the sideline that Nagy was calling the plays in the second half.

This is actually a pro Nagy post

Hammock Parties
11-23-2023, 12:08 PM
True, and I hope you're right. But the line in the sand keeps moving backwards. Its week 11, and these WR's aren't fixed. In fact, coming off the bye, they looked as bad as they did week 1. It's not trending in the right direction at all, so much that it's not out of the question to think that it may not be fixable this season.

It took the Chiefs 4 or 5 games to snap out of their funk in 2021.

I think by the time the Buffalo game is here we will be fine.

Rausch
11-23-2023, 12:50 PM

Kollman said the same thing about the Dolphins game. 2nd half Naggy had the call sheet.