PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Realbaddog
11-03-2023, 05:19 PM
Found this to share:hmmm::

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wants to be an Olympian.

Asked today in Germany about bringing the NFL overseas, Mahomes brought up the Olympics, and said he’s excited about flag football becoming an Olympic sport in 2028.

“NFL football, American football has taken to further parts, all the way across the world, with flag football coming to the Olympics. I think it’s really cool because football is a great game that has given me so much and I want to make sure everyone gets the same experience that I got growing up,” Mahomes said.

Mahomes said he hopes to be the quarterback for Team USA at the Los Angeles Olympics, although he isn’t sure if Chiefs coach Andy Reid and General Manager Brett Veach would be OK with it.

“I definitely want to, but I’ve seen some of those guys play the flag football and they’re a little faster than I am,” he said. “I know there’s not, like, linemen blocking for you. I’ll be 31, 32 years old, so if I can still move around then, I’m going to try to get out there and throw the football around maybe in LA. Just don’t tell Coach Reid or Veach or anybody.”

There are plenty of questions about whether active NFL players will participate in Olympic flag football. But if they do, Mahomes wants to be a part of it.

Link:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patrick-mahomes-says-he-wants-to-play-flag-football-at-the-2028-olympics?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fsports

FloridaMan88
11-03-2023, 05:44 PM
It would be cool for Mahomes to add an Olympic gold medal to his HOF resume, but even in flag football there is still an injury risk.

Rain Man
11-03-2023, 05:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he could make the team.

It would be fun to watch him passing to Travis against a bunch of 160-lb. Pakistanis.

teedubya
11-03-2023, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he could make the team.

It would be fun to watch him passing to Travis against a bunch of 160-lb. Pakistanis.

Kelce at 38/39... my guess is NOT in the Olympics.

Red Dawg
11-04-2023, 05:51 AM
Send him and Lamar.

King_Chief_Fan
11-04-2023, 08:24 AM
not sure rhe Chiefs would allow

BWillie
11-04-2023, 08:54 AM
Ok beat The Fins and its allowed

Chiefshrink
11-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Pat is going to do whatever the NFL asks him to do in order to market the game in Europe at every angle.:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
11-04-2023, 06:16 PM
Kelce at 38/39... my guess is NOT in the Olympics.

If Tay Tay say's he must play then he will play.:p

Valiant
11-04-2023, 06:51 PM
I would let him be back up. But you just take your fastest players for flag.

DJ's left nut
11-04-2023, 07:01 PM
How could he possibly?

I mean with all those new receivers, he wouldn't trust ANYBODY.

Chiefshrink
11-04-2023, 07:35 PM
How could he possibly?

I mean with all those new receivers, he wouldn't trust ANYBODY.

:LOL:Pretty much!!