PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs All 3 of our loses are due to the offense.

scho63
11-20-2023, 10:29 PM
Think about that and let that settle in.

The offense with the greatest QB cost us all three games.

Detroit - drops all over

Denver - 5 turnovers and drops

Philly - drops and turnovers

I'll eat crow when I felt our receivers were just fine and serviceable. They are not even close.

I don't see how at this point we go very far in the playoffs with the inability to catch the ball, no ability to score in 2nd half, penalties on Oline, and fucking turnovers.

Just a sloppy shit show.

Bowser
11-20-2023, 10:29 PM
Yep.

Specifically, these shit fuck receivers.

comochiefsfan
11-20-2023, 10:30 PM
Our best receiver is Justin Watson.

I’ll repeat:

Our best receiver is Justin. Fucking. Watson.

Go fuck yourself Brett Veach.

493rd
11-20-2023, 10:32 PM
Veach was convinced Mahomes would overcome the lack of talent in the WR room this year. He hasn’t and it’s a shitshow.

Bump
11-20-2023, 10:34 PM
it's the wide outs

7 or 8 drops vs the Lions

Didn't Skyy Moore drop a TD on a 4th down play against the Broncos?

Obviously tonight all of those drops but if they don't have 2 turnovers in the red zone they win that game instead.

scho63
11-20-2023, 10:37 PM
it's the wide outs

7 or 8 drops vs the Lions

Didn't Skyy Moore drop a TD on a 4th down play against the Broncos?

Obviously tonight all of those drops but if they don't have 2 turnovers in the red zone they win that game instead.

So many fucking drops I can't remember them all. :banghead:

TLO
11-20-2023, 10:38 PM

I’ll repeat:

Our best receiver is Justin. ****ing. Watson.

Go **** yourself Brett Veach.

Yeah! Fuck the guy who is largely responsible for 2 Super Bowl wins and 3 Super Bowl appearances in the past few years. What a douche!!!

Titty Meat
11-20-2023, 10:39 PM
Take them out to a $100 lunch we'll be fine

scho63
11-20-2023, 10:41 PM
Take them out to a $100 lunch we'll be fine

If that would solve the problem, I'll take them ALL out for $1,000 lunch.

Unlike our WRs, I won't drop the check.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2023, 10:42 PM
Toney cost us the game against the Lions. One easy catch and we would have won. MVS tonight. The Flu bug beat us in Denver. Let's not over react. We'll start clicking in a few weeks and we'll be unstoppable.

Stryker
11-20-2023, 10:43 PM
WOW! Imagine that! Our Offense sucks and that is a FACT! BUT, I get slammed by the board for recognizing such facts! BEARCAT, I AM calling YOU out! FUCK OFF! I told you! You did not listen! Moderate this worthless OFFENSE! :)

CadeMeister
11-20-2023, 10:44 PM
Receivers ALL suck. Every one ! Receiver coach should be fired tonight. The Fat Man wants to show the world how smart he is and runs 10 times in second half after running for 120 plus yards in first half. That's downright stupid. Result.......another loss with more to come.

TEX
11-20-2023, 10:44 PM
WOW! Imagine that! Our Offense sucks and that is a FACT! BUT, I get slammed by the board for recognizing such facts! BEARCAT, I AM calling YOU out! **** OFF! I told you! You did not listen! Moderate this worthless OFFENSE! :)

No worries. There's a reason why I call them the "Goof Troop."

TEX
11-20-2023, 10:45 PM
Receivers ALL suck. Every one ! Receiver coach should be fired tonight. The Fat Man wants to show the world how smart he is and runs 10 times in second half after running for 120 plus yards in first half. That's downright stupid. Result.......another loss with more to come.
The WR coach is a clown. You're definitely on to something there.

Dartgod
Toney cost us the game against the Lions. One easy catch and we would have won. MVS tonight. The Flu bug beat us in Denver. Let's not over react. We'll start clicking in a few weeks and we'll be unstoppable.

We keep saying that and the offense keeps shitting the bed in the 2nd half.

TEX

ROFL

FlaChief58
11-20-2023, 10:46 PM
It's not the wide receivers though. CP told me so

CadeMeister
F**k Brett Veach.....

TEX
Veach was convinced Mahomes would overcome the lack of talent in the WR room this year. He hasn’t and it’s a shitshow.

Nobody could. They're that bad.

Titty Meat
11-20-2023, 10:47 PM
**** Brett Veach.....

Yeah fuck him and those super bowls

TEX
11-20-2023, 10:49 PM

I’ll repeat:

Our best receiver is Justin. ****ing. Watson.

Go **** yourself Brett Veach.

Our best receiver is Rice. But I get your point. You're being a little rough on Veach though. Remember last season...

kcpasco
11-20-2023, 10:51 PM
Maybe someone beside Travis that can actually catch the ball. And I don’t care about the fumble because that shit happens

Ming the Merciless
11-20-2023, 10:52 PM

you are the worst poster on this entire message board

you're some Alex Smith butthurt fan giddy every time you get a chance to dash on Mahomes

you're not a Chiefs fan

crayzkirk
11-20-2023, 10:52 PM
Can put the blame on a lot of players; the run blocking wasn't good in the second half. The pass blocking was not very good all game. The WRs don't seem to know where they are supposed to be on any routes. The special teams either miss opportunities to down the ball or field punts that they should let bounce.

Maybe I'm spoiled from all of the good play from prior years; it's hard for me to wrap my head around all of the mental mistakes this team makes. Untimely penalties, constant drops and turnovers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2023, 10:54 PM
F**k Brett Veach.....

It's like listening to the Finebaum show in here.

Saban loses one game: He's always sucked, PAWL!!!

tk13
11-20-2023, 10:55 PM
Tom Brady went out here and won multiple Super Bowls with guys like Chris Hogan and Brandon LeFell at starting WR. We can do this, but there's no doubt this team needs to sharpen up at catching the football.

scho63
11-20-2023, 10:57 PM
Tom Brady went out here and won multiple Super Bowls with guys like Chris Hogan and Brandon LeFell at starting WR. We can do this, but there's no doubt this team needs to sharpen up at catching the football.

They didn't drop the ball. Belichek would have cut them.

That's the difference.

BigRedChief
11-20-2023, 10:59 PM
Uhhh no shit. It’s looking like the season we watched all season our Oline suck and watch Mahomes run for his life. Then we get to the SB and he is running for his life all game. No one is surprised.

When the drops and lack of 2nd half offense bite us in the ass in the playoffs or SB, we won’t be surprised.

BigRedChief
11-20-2023, 11:00 PM

They might not have had great talent but they could catch a ball that hits them in the hands.

Iowanian
11-20-2023, 11:01 PM
I think if we all chill, we would realize…at least anyone with tinsel in their ball fro….that we spent 20 years waiting for a chiefs team to be this bad. And by bad, I mean, they played like shit on offense and still were one catch from beating an 8-1 Super Bowl team on MNF.

The defense is great. I spent decades non counting the 90s waiting for a defense this good.

There is still time to get their oars rowing in the right direction.

Chill.

scho63
11-20-2023, 11:08 PM
I think if we all chill, we would realize…at least anyone with tinsel in their ball fro….that we spent 20 years waiting for a chiefs team to be this bad. And by bad, I mean, they played like shit on offense and still were one catch from beating an 8-1 Super Bowl team on MNF.

The defense is great. I spent decades non counting the 90s waiting for a defense this good.

Chill.

Sounds good in theory, hasn't worked in practice.

Since the game 1 loss with all the drops, we keep HOPING for it to get better. It has not since the TALENT is not there in our WR core.

Iowanian
11-20-2023, 11:10 PM
10 is out there fighting like the 3rd beast on the ramp of Noah’s arc.

Fishels
11-20-2023, 11:44 PM
WOW! Imagine that! Our Offense sucks and that is a FACT! BUT, I get slammed by the board for recognizing such facts! BEARCAT, I AM calling YOU out! **** OFF! I told you! You did not listen! Moderate this worthless OFFENSE! :)

Reality is often disappointing

Fishels
11-20-2023, 11:49 PM
The WR coach is a clown. You're definitely on to something there.

You mean that young kid with the shaky voice? Might as well be a kindergarten teacher over our WR

jd1020
11-21-2023, 12:01 AM
We keep saying that and the offense keeps shitting the bed in the 2nd half.

Averaging 5.3 PPG in the 2nd half this season. That's not just a WR problem. Thats a whole fucking offense problem from the coaching on down.

ljmhawk
11-21-2023, 12:06 AM

it’s week 10….we score only 5.3 points per game in 2nd half’s….thats a problem

crazycoffey
11-21-2023, 12:40 AM
10 is out there fighting like the 3rd beast on the ramp of Noah’s arc.

Yup. More Pacheco

DRM08
11-21-2023, 12:49 AM
Averaging 5.3 PPG in the 2nd half this season. That's not just a WR problem. Thats a whole fucking offense problem from the coaching on down.

Yep, they have about 40 days to dig themselves out of the rut. Hope they can do it.

JPH83
11-21-2023, 01:07 AM
I think the "offense will be fine" argument is probably wishful thinking at this stage, it's refusing to see what your eyes are telling you. But I still think it CAN get better and could still be enough combined with this defense.

The playcalling will be ramped up, but the WR rotation, their usage, the regression on fundamentals like running the right route, catching the ball...this isn't getting fixed this year. We'll have to see how far the D gets us then go all in on offense and hopefully bin guys like Embree. I really wouldn't care if Nagy left too but it seems unlikely and I've no idea on a logical replacement.

TEX
11-21-2023, 01:13 AM

Chill.

Turnrd out like watching those '90's team also. Looked just like a Marty Schottenheimer Chiefs team loss. Great stats, but lost in the end. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Monticore
11-21-2023, 04:53 AM
Can put the blame on a lot of players; the run blocking wasn't good in the second half. The pass blocking was not very good all game. The WRs don't seem to know where they are supposed to be on any routes. The special teams either miss opportunities to down the ball or field punts that they should let bounce.

Maybe I'm spoiled from all of the good play from prior years; it's hard for me to wrap my head around all of the mental mistakes this team makes. Untimely penalties, constant drops and turnovers.

The o line did fine lol , that D line is full of first round talent and he had tons of time , the Eagles number 1rated online got their QB sacked and running for his life all night and throquicj wr screens because of it.

Monticore
11-21-2023, 04:56 AM
I think the "offense will be fine" argument is probably wishful thinking at this stage, it's refusing to see what your eyes are telling you. But I still think it CAN get better and could still be enough combined with this defense.

The playcalling will be ramped up, but the WR rotation, their usage, the regression on fundamentals like running the right route, catching the ball...this isn't getting fixed this year. We'll have to see how far the D gets us then go all in on offense and hopefully bin guys like Embree. I really wouldn't care if Nagy left too but it seems unlikely and I've no idea on a logical replacement.

We moved the ball fairly well against a stacked team and you guys make it sound like we never go out of our side of the field , started with bad field position we could have had like 500+ yards and 30+ points if not for fumble and fees drops and int

JPH83
11-21-2023, 05:35 AM
We moved the ball fairly well against a stacked team and you guys make it sound like we never go out of our side of the field , started with bad field position we could have had like 500+ yards and 30+ points if not for fumble and fees drops and int

The question is whether the fumbles and drops are a feature and not a bug. If it happens frequently what makes you think it improves?

I think it's easier to see the improvement coming more in usage. Moore getting fewer snaps with more coming from the slot, Rice getting more on the outside, Toney eating into MVS' snaps. None of which guarantees anything, and probably has its own growing pains, but they seem as likely as expecting MVS and Watson to stop dropping balls or Moore to magically become a real outside threat. Obviously, given this usage switch doesn't appear to be happening, it may also be wishful thinking.

I've seen enough of Toney - the highlight reel catches, the YAC-ability - to think there's a good WR there. Same with Rice. Not a focal point, not a true "WR1", but good options. I've seen enough of MVS to think he isn't this.

InChiefsHeaven
11-21-2023, 05:48 AM
With Pop running like a beast, it seems like we should be seeing more screens. Get that boy the ball. When they started stuffing the run in the 2nd half, it just seemed like a natural thing to get him the ball in space.

It was frustrating as hell, and we're not used to seeing such epic suck from our offense. I'd like to believe this can turn around, but right now the brightest spot on offense is Pacheco, Kelce and Rice...possibly Toney. Watson had a TD, but also way too many crucial drops including the one at the end that hit him in the hands.

MVS is my biggest disappointment. Really thought that guy would be special with Mahomes throwing to him...but he's less that JAG at this point.

Ugh.

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2023, 06:26 AM
C'mon guys. I'm as critical as anyone about our WR room but the pitchforks for Brett veach are nuts. We're an elite team and 1-2 players at WR or TE away from being a runaway #1. I get that being that close and deliberately not closing that simple loop can be frustrating. Mistakes happen. So close the loop and move on.2 super bowls and dominating most other position groups has earned him a loooooottttt of leeway.

I'm a very very long way from fuck veach. He needs to do better at this 1 position group and I trust the hell out of him to get it right

scho63
11-21-2023, 07:24 AM
If we had 40-50% less drops, 25% less turnovers and penalties, we would be undefeated.

That's my little nugget of positive hope I can hold onto.

ALL of these are self imposed failures.