PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Coaching Staff changes?

Chief Roundup
12-25-2023, 07:03 PM
Which coaches would you all like to see replaced?

Offensive Coordinator - Matt Nagy
Pass Game Coordinator - Joe Bleymaier
Wide Receivers Coach - Connor Embree
Quarterbacks Coach - David Girardi
Offensive Line - Andy Heck
Offensive Offensive Line - Correy Mathaei
Offensive Assistant - Kevin Saxton
Tight Ends Coach - Tom Melvin
Statistical Analysis Coordinator - Mike Frazier
Football Research Analyst - Marc Richards

I could see most of these people given the pink slip.

Megatron96
12-25-2023, 07:04 PM
Doubtful

Kman34
12-25-2023, 07:07 PM
Offensive offensive line coach did a good job today…

BWillie
12-25-2023, 07:08 PM
Hire Brian Ferentz as offensive coordinator

I just wanna see if it is Andy only or not

comochiefsfan
12-25-2023, 07:09 PM
No one is getting the pink slip.

Andy doesn’t fire his buddies.

notorious
12-25-2023, 07:09 PM
Andy's achilles is holding onto guys too long.

BigRedChief
12-25-2023, 07:12 PM

This! No coach gets fired until it’s 2 years too late.

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2023, 07:14 PM
He won’t get rid of guys. But I’d be shocked if we didn’t add some veteran help. Especially to help out embree and maybe some extra help as a veteran to help Nagy with gameplanning. And that’s probably all we need to do much as we want to think the sky is falling. We just need to surround these guys with players instead of the awful choices we made this offseason.

Chief Roundup
12-25-2023, 07:17 PM
I believe there will be changes. Maybe it will be an addition. We need a coach with an edge to get these guys up. Our current group cannot do that.

PHOG
12-25-2023, 07:18 PM
Offensive offensive line coach did a good job today…

I'm thinking he's a sitting duck.

Chief Roundup
12-25-2023, 07:18 PM
He won’t get rid of guys. But I’d be shocked if we didn’t add some veteran help. Especially to help out embree and maybe some extra help as a veteran to help Nagy with gameplanning. And that’s probably all we need to do much as we want to think the sky is falling. We just need to surround these guys with players instead of the awful choices we made this offseason.

There are still Pinkston and other vet coaches on this staff that could have provided assistance even if it meant the player had to pursue that help.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2023, 07:21 PM
Andy did fire Sutton… there is hope.

REDHOTGTO
12-25-2023, 07:21 PM
if they were to ask me and they won't, 1st fire nagy pay bienimy lots more to come back
2nd stop all commercials being made by player and coaches PERIOD
3rd add another practice day every week, lord knows they need it

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2023, 07:26 PM
if they were to ask me and they won't, 1st fire nagy pay bienimy lots more to come back
2nd stop all commercials being made by player and coaches PERIOD
3rd add another practice day every week, lord knows they need it

1st get these guys offensive talent instead of everyone else’s rejects

Distant second….
Everything else

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2023, 07:31 PM
There are still Pinkston and other vet coaches on this staff that could have provided assistance even if it meant the player had to pursue that help.

Right. I mean, given how bad our WRs have been do people really think bleymeier isn’t heavily involved with our WRs at this point? And that Nagy and Reid aren’t super involved too?

Does anyone think Toney, Mvs or skyy go to another team and tear shit up in a situation where these guys are asked to be full time players? These guys just aren’t very good.

BWillie
12-25-2023, 07:42 PM
Right. I mean, given how bad our WRs have been do people really think bleymeier isn’t heavily involved with our WRs at this point? And that Nagy and Reid aren’t super involved too?

Does anyone think Toney, Mvs or skyy go to another team and tear shit up in a situation where these guys are asked to be full time players? These guys just aren’t very good.

MVS career is done.

Skyy is going to be a nice CFL player.

Toney is going to be a YouTube rapper who gets 3k views a video.

Wisconsin_Chief
12-25-2023, 07:47 PM
Literally every offensive coach will be back. Every single one of them.

I won’t be shocked if at least 3 receivers are back, too. Should literally only be Rice, but there will be 3 of these clowns at least.

dannybcaitlyn
12-25-2023, 07:53 PM
Get rid of Oline coach and Wr coach. Demote Naggy.

displacedinMN
12-25-2023, 07:59 PM

thinking that but never would have documented that

Titty Meat
12-25-2023, 08:03 PM

He fired Bob Sutton

KC Shox
12-25-2023, 08:16 PM
It comes down to the front office’s inability to reload effectively. Poor first and second round picks along with horrible free agent signings and lack there of, have ruined this team. Mecole, CEH, Skyy, Felix, all first and second round picks who come off the bench. Poor free agent signings and trades for Toney, MVS, and our two new tackles have yielded almost nada. Too many failed attempts to keep this train going. We have very little money for next season to make multiple splash acquisitions and the draft is a crap shoot given the history of this front office. Sad to say, but will be witnessing Mahomes’ prime years being wasted while we slowly rebuild this team. I’m not some fan who is afflicted with shadenfreude, just a fan who sees the writing on the wall.

Wallcrawler
12-25-2023, 08:19 PM
Wide receivers coach absolutely done. How this dude even got the job is a mystery.

Nagy and his Alexian tribute to parrallell passing can fuck right off as well.

And....

While totally objective, if this is Andy's best, then he may want to consider retiring.

We had huge, coachable, fixable issues from the jump. Not a single one of the issues has been resolved. Hell none of them have even improved. We have watched a steady decline of this football team on the offensive side, which is what Big Red is supposed to be so legendary with.

He has the best qb and te on the planet, and with those guys he can't get 20 points on the board while his buddy fields the best defense this franchise has seen in two decades?

No discipline, no focus, no accountability. Becoming a two time champ has clearly stolen his discipline. Victory has defeated Andy Reid. Guys that cost us games are trotted right back out like nothing happened.

This offense lost Juju, and gained Rice. I wouldn't take Wylie and OBJ over our tackles. There's not enough lost on the field to go from leading the league in every category, to a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob.

The biggest loss has been Eric Bieniemy.

In a nuke it from orbit scenario, give EB his head coaching shot, shuffle Big Red off to wherever he's most comfortable pounding greaseburgers and making commercials during his transition from Big Red to Big Dead, and get this thing revamped and reloaded with guys that still want that dynasty.

40 fucking drops and inability to score points while being the sloppiest football team of this regime is going to waste a prine year of Patrick and a herculean effort by Spags and his defense.

It's inexcusable.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2023, 08:20 PM
The WR coach should have been fired tonight.

bringbackmarty
12-25-2023, 08:21 PM
It's clear that there is systemic dysfunction between the qb who has been playing like absolute crap at times and the trash ol, beer league wrs, and the guys scheming this shit up. First to go is probably Nagy. I don't know if the other assistants are year to year or have multi year deals. I wouldn't be surprised if spags gets some interviews for HC, so it's entirely possible he might leave, especially if the team wins a couple games in the playoffs. I'd guess they're going to assign Embrey to another less important job and Andy will bring someone in there. As far as the ol coach goes, I really think it's more a personnel problem than coaching. There's a reason those two shitty Florida teams let those two tackles go. They were never good to begin with, undisciplined and injury prone. Too much to expect Morris to handle Crosby in such a high pressure situation and bad conditions. The interior of the ol wasn't/hasn't been great either. I'd expect us to prioritize some upgrades on the ol this off-season.

Pinchshot
12-25-2023, 08:22 PM
It all starts with the OL. Watching 49ers get 8 yards a carry. Our guys are overrated.

DRM08
12-25-2023, 08:25 PM
It all starts with the OL. Watching 49ers get 8 yards a carry. Our guys are overrated.

Yep, they struggle to even gain 1 yard in the run game. Other teams have no problem running the ball on 3rd and 2.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2023, 08:26 PM
Yep, they struggle to even gain 1 yard in the run game. Other teams have no problem running the ball on 3rd and 2.

True and the supposed strength… the interior of the offensive line… has struggled as well.

Eleazar
12-25-2023, 08:27 PM
He fired Bob Sutton

It took 5 years

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-25-2023, 08:39 PM
Isn't this the way Andy's career in Philly ended ?!?!

Chiefaholic
12-25-2023, 08:41 PM
I don't know a specific number, but I can guar-an-damn-tee you that every one of those clowns would be in the GM office THIS week given a specific task to overcome prior to the offseason. Any coach working with the receiving staff might want to start working on a resume in any spare time they might get.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-25-2023, 08:42 PM
Giants fans hate and want Mike Kafka fired bring him home

MarkDavis'Haircut
12-25-2023, 08:43 PM
It took 5 years

Sutton's defensive rankings were solid until 2018.

Top 10 in points from 2013-2016. 15th in 2017. Then bottomed out in 2018.

Wisconsin_Chief
12-25-2023, 08:44 PM
Isn't this the way Andy's career in Philly ended ?!?!

It all collapsed instantly, yeah.

But he also didn’t have a 29 year old HOF QB.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2023, 08:46 PM
Giants fans hate and want Mike Kafka fired bring him home

EB and Kafka could both be available.

ArrowHeader
12-25-2023, 08:49 PM
Either Veach lets Nagy go or Hunt has to fire them all after the wheels completely come off

Chris Meck
12-25-2023, 08:50 PM
Obviously, Andy is not going to ask me, but I'd be for giving Kafka a shot with more talent.

I think I have seen enough of Nagy, and not the play calling, but the total offense is in disarray and that speaks to the coordinator. This offense is very UN-coordinated.

BWillie
12-25-2023, 08:56 PM
EB and Kafka could both be available.

I think after this debacle EB is a sure thing to get a HC job in the offseason.

Jerm
12-25-2023, 08:56 PM
This team needs voices outside of the Andy coaching tree…I’m all for getting a new OC from a completely different system.

Wisconsin_Chief
12-25-2023, 08:57 PM
This team needs voices outside of the Andy coaching tree…I’m all for getting a new OC from a completely different system.

Negative 100% chance that happens.

Jerm
12-25-2023, 08:58 PM
Negative 100% chance that happens.

I don’t disagree…I just think it’s what they need.

kccrow
12-25-2023, 09:35 PM

I could see most of these people given the pink slip.

Bolded. Especially Heck and Embree. We don't develop O-Lineman worth a fuck with that clown and Embree is in way the fuck over his head. I'm convinced that, with the regression of Mahomes, Girardi is in over his too.

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2023, 09:43 PM
It comes down to the front office’s inability to reload effectively. Poor first and second round picks along with horrible free agent signings and lack there of, have ruined this team. Mecole, CEH, Skyy, Felix, all first and second round picks who come off the bench. Poor free agent signings and trades for Toney, MVS, and our two new tackles have yielded almost nada. Too many failed attempts to keep this train going. We have very little money for next season to make multiple splash acquisitions and the draft is a crap shoot given the history of this front office. Sad to say, but will be witnessing Mahomes’ prime years being wasted while we slowly rebuild this team. I’m not some fan who is afflicted with shadenfreude, just a fan who sees the writing on the wall.

We are literally 1-2 WR weapons away from being really really good. And 1 year removed by a Super Bowl. Chiefs fucked this offseason up. It happens. We got a little cocky and a little too cute trying to prove we can outsmart everyone with a moneyball passing game.

That’ll change. And we have plenty of $ to spend. We just haven’t gone the buffalo / chargers win at all costs mode yet.

RealSNR
12-25-2023, 09:51 PM
Some of you may be surprised.

Andy wants to teach and grow and develop his coaches, but he also knows bad fits when he sees one. And for sure, he knows the offense isn't good enough. He's going to take the time to figure that out.

That might mean a change-up of how the offense operates or gets coached. Maybe it's just 100% done through personnel changes.

I'm not too worried if he decides to keep all his guys. I think he'll find a way to make them better coaches by getting a fresh start next year.

Titty Meat
12-25-2023, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't mind dumping the WR coach and getting one of the better ones in CFB

EPodolak
12-25-2023, 10:02 PM
I'm shocked to learn we have a pass game coordinator.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2023, 11:12 PM
I'm shocked to learn we have a pass game coordinator.

He was the WR coach last year.

B_Ambuehl
12-25-2023, 11:25 PM

This is the truth. It's not 100% apparent yet but it's time to start thinking about putting ol' Red out to pasture.

The truth is back in '18 this offense was revolutionary but now that the college spread is commonplace in the NFL everybody knows what's coming. Andy no longer plays to the strength of the team. The strength of the offense right now is QB, interior Oline, running back, and tight end. How many times do they line up under center and try to run the ball with power and work play action off that? Nearly every snap is still a spread look out of shotgun with an offset back. That severely limits the run game, stresses a weak receiver corp, stresses weak tackle play and forces the QB to play hero ball to have success. With a weak receiving corps they should be playing similar to a team like detroit or even similar to how oakland played today. Pacheco is an underutilized power back with an interior front that doesn't get opportunities to play the way they're capable.

Instead Andy comes out and tries to run trick plays inside the 10 yard line.

And he surely isn't gonna change so change is gonna have to be forced upon him.

dlphg9
12-25-2023, 11:32 PM
Anyone blaming the coaching staff is just really fucking dumb.

comochiefsfan
12-25-2023, 11:34 PM
Anyone blaming the coaching staff is just really ****ing dumb.What?

This team is clearly very poorly coached.

Penalties, Repeated mistakes, players being out of position, suspect playcalling, lack of effort and motivation are all reflections of the coaching staff.

The personnel is an equal if not bigger problem, but the coaching has been bad this season.

MahomesMagic
12-25-2023, 11:43 PM
We are literally 1-2 WR weapons away from being really really good. And 1 year removed by a Super Bowl. Chiefs ****ed this offseason up. It happens. We got a little cocky and a little too cute trying to prove we can outsmart everyone with a moneyball passing game.

That’ll change. And we have plenty of $ to spend. We just haven’t gone the buffalo / chargers win at all costs mode yet.

Yeah, this. The reason why some of us were sounding the alarm was because how close we were. We still are.

No one else has a Mahomes. We just need to put real NFL WRs on the field.

I also think bringing in new blood needed. Go steal front office and coaching talent. Don’t try to tread water this time.

Aim for greatness. Time to make other teams fear us again.

JPH83
12-26-2023, 02:14 AM
We're not going to see big coaching changes. Reid won't can people and Hunt isn't ruthless enough to overrule him. I'm not sure Hunt is generous enough to foot the bill to steal other guys either.

When we improve it's going to be talent on the field. Which is a shame because we're leaving gains

Fishels
12-26-2023, 02:32 AM

If EB was willing to come back would Andy actually do it?

Fishels
12-26-2023, 02:33 AM
What?

This team is clearly very poorly coached.

Penalties, Repeated mistakes, players being out of position, suspect playcalling, lack of effort and motivation are all reflections of the coaching staff.

The personnel is an equal if not bigger problem, but the coaching has been bad this season.

Makes you feel extra bad for spags

scho63
12-26-2023, 03:35 AM
It feels like the coaches are all a bunch of nice guys and part of Andy's club. EB had the fire cause he wanted more. These coaches look like they are all afraid to speak up.

Spags only guy kicking ass.

Coochie liquor
12-26-2023, 06:07 AM
I'm thinking he's a sitting duck.

He’s been here through plenty of bad OL play over the years. I bet he goes nowhere.

SHOWTIME
12-26-2023, 07:16 AM
This is the truth. It's not 100% apparent yet but it's time to start thinking about putting ol' Red out to pasture.

The truth is back in '18 this offense was revolutionary but now that the college spread is commonplace in the NFL everybody knows what's coming. Andy no longer plays to the strength of the team. The strength of the offense right now is QB, interior Oline, running back, and tight end. How many times do they line up under center and try to run the ball with power and work play action off that? Nearly every snap is still a spread look out of shotgun with an offset back. That severely limits the run game, stresses a weak receiver corp, stresses weak tackle play and forces the QB to play hero ball to have success. With a weak receiving corps they should be playing similar to a team like detroit or even similar to how oakland played today. Pacheco is an underutilized power back with an interior front that doesn't get opportunities to play the way they're capable.

Huh? He just won the Super Bowl last year. He's not coaching well this season, but that's hardly a reason to "put him out to pasture." And if you do let him go, who do you replace him with?

Dunerdr
12-26-2023, 07:59 AM
Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong, maybe were missing Embree as quality control. Because the quality is garbage.

B_Ambuehl
12-26-2023, 08:08 AM
Huh? He just won the Super Bowl last year. He's not coaching well this season, but that's hardly a reason to "put him out to pasture." And if you do let him go, who do you replace him with?

That’s why I said it’s not fully apparent yet. It’ll become more apparent going forward.

At this point Spags is the strength of the coaching staff and Reid is holding the team back in a variety of ways.

dlphg9
12-26-2023, 11:36 PM

Kill yourself. It should never be anyone but Andy's decision on when he retires. Andy knows more about scheme than your stupid ass and has never relied on the run game. It's what he is and he makes up for it by being the best offensive mind in the game.

Half the idiots that wanna bitch about coaching have no clue if the coaching staff is doing things wrong. 95+% of this board doesn't know anything more than basic football and can't break down mistakes on tape.

BigRedChief
12-26-2023, 11:53 PM

I could see most of these people given the pink slip.you are dreaming. No way in a million years an Andy coached team gets rid of that many coaches. We sucked, missed playoffs and still kept bad coaches.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2023, 11:55 PM
Yes to all.

RunKC
12-27-2023, 12:17 AM
Almost every guy Andy brings in is his buddy or was in his system. Veach, Spags, Pederson, Kafka, Bieniemy, Nagy.

He does try to birth in some new blood sometimes. Delland McCullough was the RB's coach a few years ago and came from USC but he left for Notre Dame a few years ago.

I'd love to see another guy like him brought in

Chief Roundup
12-27-2023, 04:40 AM
you are dreaming. No way in a million years an Andy coached team gets rid of that many coaches. We sucked, missed playoffs and still kept bad coaches.Geez, that is the list to choose from. I in no way thought they will clean house that much nor need to that much but at least 2 or maybe 3 of those guys need to be replaced

JPH83
12-27-2023, 06:06 AM
Far more likely people are shifted around and Nagy gets another shot. I would love someone coming in with some fresh ideas to be honest but i don't think that's how they'll approach it.

crispystl
12-27-2023, 07:13 AM

I watched old 2003 playoff game against the Colts yesterday and Priest Holmes was clearing 7-9 yards before anyone even touched him. I forgot just how damn good that line was and it made our current one look like wet TP.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2023, 07:50 AM
Far more likely people are shifted around and Nagy gets another shot. I would love someone coming in with some fresh ideas to be honest but i don't think that's how they'll approach it.

I have optimism. I don’t think Reid will toss guys out but there is no harm in bringing in some veterans in more of a “consulting” role. Rather than get rid of embree he will probably bring in a veteran for mentorship. And given our struggles it would not surprise me at all if we went after the offense like we did in the beginning of the Reid era where we were bringing in consultants like Chris ault and longer term consultants like Childress.

These are the kinds of moves a local guy makes without getting rid of anyone

Discuss Thrower
12-27-2023, 07:53 AM
Nagy, Heck and Embree should get their papers.

pete_the_cat
12-27-2023, 08:04 AM
Some of these coaches are not very good, but at the same time, you could put the best WR coach in Embree’s spot, and although the Chiefs would probably have a few more wins this year, honestly, they wouldn’t be back to 2022 levels of performance as an overall offense.

Reid and Mahomes have to be better. They coached and played at a ‘10’ last year. This year, they are more like ~6-7. They have 3 weeks to get their shit together.They will.

Red Dawg
12-27-2023, 08:05 AM
No body is getting fired unless Hunt demands it. The team has shit for talent at WR and their high-priced RT sucks. That's Veach and Andy.

TEX
12-27-2023, 08:46 AM

Fact.

Wisconsin_Chief
12-27-2023, 08:49 AM

And every single one of them will be back lollygagging around Arrowhead and collecting fat checks they don't deserve in 2024.

Every. Single. One.

raybec 4
12-27-2023, 10:31 AM

What the fuck are you talking about?

Megatron96
12-28-2023, 05:58 PM
lol, the funny thing is, if we had just one decent actual NFL WR on the roster, virtually no one would be complaining about the coaching. Except for the usual suspects that just hate Andy/Nagy/Heck/EB/Toub/whoever.

Kman34
12-28-2023, 06:03 PM
lol, the funny thing is, if we had just one decent actual NFL WR on the roster, virtually no one would be complaining about the coaching. Except for the usual suspects that just hate Andy/Nagy/Heck/EB/Toub/whoever.

Rice??? I love the blame game… It’s fun.. let’s do some more!

Megatron96
12-28-2023, 06:05 PM
Rice??? I love the blame game… It’s fun.. let’s do some more!

I was under the assumption that everyone knows Rice is exempt from these "WRs/Coaches suck" discussions. My point is, at least one "other" WR.

smithandrew051
12-28-2023, 06:08 PM
And every single one of them will be back lollygagging around Arrowhead and collecting fat checks they don't deserve in 2024.

Every. Single. One.

Nagy and Veach were college teammates.

He’s going nowhere.