PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suggestions for a Super Bowl BBQ order

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-31-2024, 06:58 PM
Thinking about ordering some KC BBQ to be delivered for the Super Bowl.

I've seen a lot of the local BBQ-eries mentioned in various threads, but this is a two part question for the CP brain trust, (Why did I just get a cold shiver when I typed that? :shake:):

1) Which place would you recommend for placing a long-distance order with (and any anecdotal experiences would be appreciated)?

2) Which packaged deal would you recommend?

The anti-freeze cocktails are already on order locally, so think bigger. :p

Jewish Rabbi
01-31-2024, 08:06 PM
Famous Dave’s unless McRib is back

WhawhaWhat
01-31-2024, 08:14 PM
I got an order of Joe's KC for a Christmas that had brisket, pulled pork, burnt ends and smoked sausage that was really good. 1 lb each. No idea how much it was though.

Back to Back Champ
01-31-2024, 08:17 PM
A grilled Purdy burger.

digger
01-31-2024, 08:25 PM
https://www.jackstackbbq.com/

Hamwallet
01-31-2024, 08:28 PM
Get a smoker and learn to cook your own meats. It’s fun! Smoked steaks are awesome.

Rainbarrel
01-31-2024, 08:33 PM
Tis the season for grilled beef heart
and Pacheco Rice can make a season bright

Coogs
01-31-2024, 08:40 PM
I just ordered from Joe's today. I got the Z-Man brisket kit, and the Rib and 3 meats deal. Between now and Saturday they are kicking in a free order of burnt ends on any order over $100 (which I easily topped, but hey, it's the Super Bowl). I figured we could make the sandwhiches any way we wanted that way as well.

And I have a smoker, and have received rave reviews from people who have tried what I make. This is just a special occasion.

Edit - We are making all the sides and snacks for the day here.

Chief Pagan
01-31-2024, 08:46 PM
I ordered from Jacks in September once and the delivery evidently got held up in Phoenix and showed up room temperature when it got to me.

They sent the order a second time, no hassle. So thumbs up.

But I'm only doing cold season delivery from now on.

Chief Pagan
01-31-2024, 08:48 PM
Get a smoker and learn to cook your own meats. It’s fun! Smoked steaks are awesome.

Actually it was a B day gift from my mom...

Hamwallet
01-31-2024, 09:06 PM
Actually it was a B day gift from my mom...

Neat, I am saying get a smoker and learn to cook awesome meats. It’s really fun. Between me and my neighbor, we make the best meals ever. We both have smokers and alternate who cooks meat and sides. Smoked Mac and cheese is next level. It also gives you something to do besides drink beer all day…. We still drink beer all day FYI.