PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shorted on Spots?

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2024, 12:04 AM
I know it didn't end up mattering, but it appears we were shorted a few times (for first downs) and I thought Andrew might want to challenge the spot. Anyone else notice that?!?

Why Not?
02-12-2024, 12:05 AM
I know it didn't end up mattering, but it appears we were shorted a few times (for first downs) and I thought Andrew might want to challenge the spot. Anyone else notice that?!?

Oh yeah. But no matter now. we rule anyway!

New World Order
02-12-2024, 12:06 AM
Yeah I think our replay guy might have a bladder problem

RedinTexas
02-12-2024, 12:07 AM

Noticed, but the timeouts were valuable. I was ok with most of the decisions to let it go.

Bl00dyBizkitz
If it was so scripted, why would they short us on spots all game long?

carcosa
We paid the refs to make it harder on us because we're Built Different

Buehler445
But the refs won it for us. Didn't you know?

I'll take the refs sucking in this manner rather than a bunch of dogshit flags (like the defensive holding after they forgot that CMC is good)

Imon Yourside
I notice this happens a lot, also the last one with I think Kelce or Pacheco? We were marked short when it was clear he had it by a half yard.

KC_Connection
Happened at least 5 times in the game, yeah.

Chiefshrink
02-12-2024, 12:08 AM

No doubt there were 2 plays that should have been challenged. The guys up in the booth should have been screaming down to challenge but then maybe they were who knows.:shrug:

Buehler445
Yeah I think our replay guy might have a bladder problem

Under 2 and OT it's reviewed in the booth.

Pitt Gorilla
It'd be cool to see pics of the various instances. In one, we actually were short, IIRC. In the others, we clearly made the line.

Bump
02-12-2024, 12:09 AM
at least twice it really did seem like they shorted us, looked like first downs but they said it was a yard short

DaFace
02-12-2024, 12:10 AM
The worst one was the one in OT that we couldn't have challenged if we wanted to.

But whatever. Doesn't matter, win Super Bowl.

Imon Yourside
02-12-2024, 12:11 AM
The worst one was the one in OT that we couldn't have challenged if we wanted to.

But whatever. Doesn't matter, win Super Bowl.

The next play we got a huge Mahomes run, so it didn't matter. It's been happening all year but I guess it also doesn't matter :)

Ming the Merciless
02-12-2024, 12:12 AM

absolutely

there is no question the calls and non calls were NOT in our favor today!

jerryaldini
02-12-2024, 12:14 AM
That one on Kelce in our own end line judge was four yards behind the play. He needs some help there.

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2024, 12:14 AM
Of course, McDuffie got called for something (AFTER 3rd and long) the Niners were doing ALL NIGHT to Trav.

Doesn't matter, we won, but that certainly prolonged the outcome.

Eleazar
02-12-2024, 12:24 AM
The one Pacheco made but was shorted a yard on, which we didn't challenge and then burned a time out anyway, that one drove me bonkers. But who cares. Super bowl

siberian khatru
02-12-2024, 12:27 AM
I thought they were gonna mark Kelce short at the end of OT. I was trying to process that and think about what the next play would be when they snapped the ball and showed it was first down and Mecole caught the winner. It all happened so fast I was just stunned.

BWillie
02-12-2024, 12:29 AM

All day man. One that Pacheco got was super egregious. I thought the booth would do it automatically since its in OT but Mahomes just threw on his cape and ran up the middle to win the game.

Chief Pagan
02-12-2024, 12:41 AM
absolutely

there is no question the calls and non calls were NOT in our favor today!

The spots usually go in the offense's favor, so it really did stand out.

But if you don't get the initial call, they can be hard to win on a challenge.

Although I was also a little puzzled there wasn't a booth challenge on the under two minute or OT spot.

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-12-2024, 08:22 AM
a bad spot or two here and there, understandable. Consistent against one team by the line judge at the top of the screen all night. I said it during the game, i want to know that guy's name. Keep an eye on that one.

https://forum.level1techs.com/uploads/default/original/4X/d/2/4/d247367e065888e6740c744da9559d28e11dbfef.gif

chiefzilla1501
02-12-2024, 08:26 AM
Vinovich is a real good ref. I think it’s less that they were favoring the niners, but the spots made me feel like they were trying way too hard not to give the chiefs a single inch so the gripers have something to complain about. Yeah, thought the spots were real bad all game

notorious
02-12-2024, 08:33 AM
Vinovich is a real good ref. I think it’s less that they were favoring the niners, but the spots made me feel like they were trying way too hard not to give the chiefs a single inch so the gripers have something to complain about. Yeah, thought the spots were real bad all game

I think that 3rd and 13 D Holding penalty was a result of last year's Superbowl.

To not call anything all night then that.....kind of reflects the 23' ending.

Marcellus
02-12-2024, 08:42 AM
Yea this is a SB win nobody can cry the refs were for KC. We got hosed on a ton of spots and a few missed calls that should have went our way.

notorious
02-12-2024, 08:42 AM
Yea this is a SB win nobody can cry the refs were for KC. We got hosed on a ton of spots and a few missed calls that should have went our way.

YEP.

You can say this about the entire run.

There are still people complaining, and it's delicious.

redfan
02-12-2024, 08:44 AM
Yes, Chiefs were screwed on a few of those spots.
Ah well, such is the game of pro football.

Eleazar
02-12-2024, 08:52 AM
The holding on McDuffie is probably the right call, he clearly impeded the receiver and had his arm around his waist. Is it the worst hold you'll ever see? No, but I still think that gets called most of the time because of the arm.

notorious
02-12-2024, 08:55 AM
The holding on McDuffie is probably the right call, he clearly impeded the receiver and had his arm around his waist. Is it the worst hold you'll ever see? No, but I still think that gets called most of the time because of the arm.

I agree, but it wasn't called all night. San Fran was raping our guys, too.

(I sound just like Philly fan, I know)

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2024, 02:26 PM
All day man. One that Pacheco got was super egregious. I thought the booth would do it automatically since its in OT but Mahomes just threw on his cape and ran up the middle to win the game.

At some point, media folks are going to start digging these up, no? It can't be just us who saw these.

CupidStunt
02-12-2024, 02:34 PM
I was pissed, and nervous given our short yardage issues. So relieved it worked out. The 4th and inches play was genius.

HemiEd
02-12-2024, 03:02 PM
The one Pacheco made but was shorted a yard on, which we didn't challenge and then burned a time out anyway, that one drove me bonkers. But who cares. Super bowl

Yep, I told a couple guys at the time Andy should have challenged that and it was stupid not to if you are going to burn a time out anyway.

Another call nobody has mentioned was the horse collar tackle that was pure bullshit. He had his jersey, not his shoulder pads. :mad:

SupDock
02-12-2024, 03:05 PM
Yep, I told a couple guys at the time Andy should have challenged that and it was stupid not to if you are going to burn a time out anyway.

Another call nobody has mentioned was the horse collar tackle that was pure bullshit. He had his jersey, not his shoulder pads. :mad:

It can actually be a horse collar if they grab the collar of the jersey, the key action is that it buckles the knees or takes him to the ground

I still think it was a bad call because I don’t think it really buckled him, and he let go quickly.

Dunerdr
02-12-2024, 03:15 PM
There were a few times I thought we were like 2nd and medium and the graphics said it was 1st and ten. It happened once for us and once for the niners. Did anyone else catch that?

Hayneplane
02-12-2024, 03:28 PM
There were a few times I thought we were like 2nd and medium and the graphics said it was 1st and ten. It happened once for us and once for the niners. Did anyone else catch that?

Sure I saw a 2nd and 5 suddenly become 1st and 10 on the graphic but can’t remember if it made any difference to the next play.

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2024, 06:04 PM
Would also like to see that throwback play again. At first blush, it appeared that San Fran had a lineman 8-10 yards down the field.

Pinchshot
02-12-2024, 06:07 PM
Happened during Ravens game too.

Calcountry
02-12-2024, 06:11 PM

That’s affirmative. Or as John Madden use to say, it’s the left foot verses the right foot. We always had the ref that used the left foot.

Calcountry
02-12-2024, 06:13 PM
Isn’t it time to have a computerised field and ball that spots the ball electronically based on rfid, and a computerized whistle that geo spots the ball the instant the whistle blows or when it breaks the sideline plane/ endzone.

displacedinMN
02-12-2024, 06:15 PM
no, the NFL is rigged (every dumbass 8th grade boy today)

wazu
02-12-2024, 06:15 PM
There was quite a bit of bullshit in the officiating that is washed away because we won. Bullshit intentional grounding, ticky-tacky defensive hold in OT to keep 49er drive alive. Many terrible spots in favor of the 49ers. But hey, we won.