PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Buying a new pickup

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 07:35 AM
Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash

lewdog
02-18-2024, 08:22 AM
Hometeam has a Nissan to sell you!

PM him.

Dartgod
02-18-2024, 08:26 AM
I've had great experiences with Cable Dahmer dealers. We've bought 3 vehicles from the Chevy dealer on 103rd, 1 from the Chevy dealer on Noland road and recently bought a new Kia from their location in Lee's Summit. Just great customer service every time.

They have GMC dealers near 104th and State Line and on Noland Road.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 08:39 AM
I've had great experiences with Cable Dahmer dealers. We've bought 3 vehicles from the Chevy dealer on 103rd, 1 from the Chevy dealer on Noland road and recently bought a new Kia from their location in Lee's Summit. Just great customer service every time.

They have GMC dealers near 104th and State Line and on Noland Road.

I may call them, they did a warranty job on wifes Yukon and were actually pretty nice. I just dont want to start the sit down and lets see what we can do game....

Bearcat
02-18-2024, 08:56 AM
Can you help me move next month?

tmax63
02-18-2024, 09:04 AM
I bought new and paid cash 1 time back when I was in colllege. Long story but I had the cash and needed a dependable vehicle. I looked like the typical college student with no money. Salesman played the what can we do game and finally got to where the price was good and they were going to make most their money on the financing (they thought). When they asked how I wanted to finance I said one payment today. The SOB called my bank. When he came back all of a sudden it yessir, no sir, can I get you something to drink sir. I think my hometown bank told that him I had the money to buy anything on the lot and then some even though I didn't. I still chuckle about it.

notorious
02-18-2024, 09:10 AM
Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash

Paying cash won't get you a better deal. Been there, tried that.

Where ever you go, be straight forward with them from the start. You don't want to be upsold on anything, give me the price out the door, and tell them that other dealers are quoting, too.

That last part is key.

(If they try to sell you nitrogen in the tires laugh in their face and walk out.)

displacedinMN
02-18-2024, 09:12 AM
they may force you into financing. 2015-I could not just buy it. I HAD to finance it. I paid it off right away.....Dodge did not like it.

notorious
02-18-2024, 09:15 AM
they may force you into financing. 2015-I could not just buy it. I HAD to finance it. I paid it off right away.....Dodge did not like it.

"At least wait 3 months to pay it off".

I guess that's how long it takes the dealership to get their rip for selling the financing.

Pablo
02-18-2024, 09:16 AM
Tell the first salesman that approaches you that you don't negotiate with faggots and to get you somebody that knows what they're doing.

When the second salesman comes up tell him you didn't know this place was a gay bar and to get you somebody that doesn't suck dick to sell you a truck.

By this time they'll probably ask you to leave but you'll have at least upset a couple of car salesman and made the world a better place.

displacedinMN
02-18-2024, 09:16 AM

I guess that's how long it takes the dealership to get their rip for selling the financing.

I remember that being said too.

In58men
02-18-2024, 09:18 AM
Toyota Tundra!

They’ll last longer than any truck and it’s not even debatable.

smithandrew051
02-18-2024, 09:19 AM
Get a Camaro instead

notorious
02-18-2024, 09:22 AM
Get a Camaro instead

How about an El Camaro?!

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/2023/01/1994-chevy-camaro-z28-el-camino-hot-rod-magazine.png?fit=around%7C875:492

Delano
02-18-2024, 09:23 AM
I can’t wait for the dam to break and carmakers sell directly to consumers. Fuck dealerships and fuck salespeople.

I bought a used truck through an online service a few weeks ago with a wire transfer. No negotiation, no bullshit. I am fully aware of the one issue with this service being title acquisition, but I got several forms of contact with the transfer agent and it’s on the way.

Honestly, it helps not to be a dumbass.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 10:06 AM
Can you help me move next month?

Maybe in May. May be in Arizona then

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 10:08 AM
Paying cash won't get you a better deal. Been there, tried that.

Where ever you go, be straight forward with them from the start. You don't want to be upsold on anything, give me the price out the door, and tell them that other dealers are quoting, too.

That last part is key.

(If they try to sell you nitrogen in the tires laugh in their face and walk out.)

Hate dealer games. One i did talk to wouldnt give me a $ till I gave them 500 buks to prove i was serious.

Pinchshot
02-18-2024, 10:23 AM
Can't imagine ever buying a new car. Even with cash. Especially now that they cost the price of a house.

ChiTown
02-18-2024, 10:26 AM
GMC’s are great trucks. My good buddy bought a Sierra about year ago and loves his. I want to drive my 2016 SUV for a couple more years before I take a dive into an expensive new truck, and I’ll absolutely be looking at the GMC’s when I do.

Good luck!

SurroundedByMorons
02-18-2024, 10:38 AM
You trading a vehicle in or buying outright?

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 10:48 AM
Nice! Enjoy it bud.

Also, I'm thankful for my dealer. He doesn't pull any shit.

Here's my experience. Remember that I'm likely treating mine differently than yours, but here's been my experience.

I haven't been buying new ones. I've been buying low mileage used and churning them pretty regularly. I put a boatload of miles on them down some truly garbage roads. It has treated me decent enough because I dump them while they still have value and before they start to get really bad country road problems.

Moving forward, I won't run out of warranty. The following is just my experience, so grain of salt and all, but it's what happened. In 2022 we had the following happen:

Dad's 2019 Silverado with 56K miles broke a lifter
My 2021 Sierra with 22K broke a lifter
Mom's 2022 Sierra with like 3K dumped a transmission

All covered by warranty, but it was impactful. I don't work the drivetrain too hard. I carry a lot of weight in tools every miles, but rarely tow anything more than a 4 wheeler. Maybe it was COVID supply chain problems, IDK. But I'm not running mine out of warranty anymore.

Now, extended warranties are cheaper these days than they used to be, especially if you get them from a reputable dealer.

Also, if you have any equity in a cooperative, you used to be able to get a fleet discount through Land O Lakes. I did one in 2021, and it mattered. It was a decent chunk of change off and they moved the warranty out to 100K miles. I don't know what the terms are these days, but I'm pretty sure you still have to have equity in a cooperative.

Good luck, and enjoy it, they are goddamned nice.

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 10:51 AM
I should note that I've taken that approach on my pickups, because I can put a lot of miles on them. The wife has a 2018 Yukon that isn't getting up there in miles yet, but is going to cost me all the money to trade (last I checked). I don't think the "churn and keep them in warranty" business is going to work there.

I think when we trade if we go back with a big one, it's going to be the extended warranty game.

RedandGold
02-18-2024, 10:53 AM
Still driving my 2011 Sierra I bought new. Outside of having to replace the dash due to cracking (common issue for that generation), I haven’t had to do anything outside of replacing the brakes and regular oil changes. If it wasn’t for the exorbitant pricing now, I wouldn’t hesitate to get another one.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 10:59 AM
You trading a vehicle in or buying outright?

Buy outright.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 11:02 AM
Nice! Enjoy it bud.

Also, I'm thankful for my dealer. He doesn't pull any shit.

Here's my experience. Remember that I'm likely treating mine differently than yours, but here's been my experience.

I haven't been buying new ones. I've been buying low mileage used and churning them pretty regularly. I put a boatload of miles on them down some truly garbage roads. It has treated me decent enough because I dump them while they still have value and before they start to get really bad country road problems.

Moving forward, I won't run out of warranty. The following is just my experience, so grain of salt and all, but it's what happened. In 2022 we had the following happen:

Dad's 2019 Silverado with 56K miles broke a lifter
My 2021 Sierra with 22K broke a lifter
Mom's 2022 Sierra with like 3K dumped a transmission

All covered by warranty, but it was impactful. I don't work the drivetrain too hard. I carry a lot of weight in tools every miles, but rarely tow anything more than a 4 wheeler. Maybe it was COVID supply chain problems, IDK. But I'm not running mine out of warranty anymore.

Now, extended warranties are cheaper these days than they used to be, especially if you get them from a reputable dealer.

Also, if you have any equity in a cooperative, you used to be able to get a fleet discount through Land O Lakes. I did one in 2021, and it mattered. It was a decent chunk of change off and they moved the warranty out to 100K miles. I don't know what the terms are these days, but I'm pretty sure you still have to have equity in a cooperative.

Good luck, and enjoy it, they are goddamned nice.

I have a 3/4t 2016 Chevy I need for farm and spray stuff. Dont want to run wheels off it but tired of the fuel costs so reason to get a 1/2T plus smaller so wife can drive if needed.

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 11:25 AM
I have a 3/4t 2016 Chevy I need for farm and spray stuff. Dont want to run wheels off it but tired of the fuel costs so reason to get a 1/2T plus smaller so wife can drive if needed.

Yeah, agreed.

That unit I got the LOL Fleet discount on was a new Diesel 3/4 ton. It was a PHENOMINAL wagon. But damned expensive to drive. I thought if I had it I might unlock uses for it, but it turned out that most of my miles were still empty, and short drives obliterated my mileage.

I'd love to still have it, but I'm too much of a number monkey to eat it.

Jewish Rabbi
02-18-2024, 11:28 AM
If you know exactly what you want… email every GMC dealer within a 2 hour radius and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and a price. They’ll know what you’re doing and shouldn’t BS with you on the price too much. And if they do, you’ll have quotes from other places.

displacedinMN
02-18-2024, 11:44 AM
I looked at used cars all over the place. Settled on one in AZ, flew in, drove it, bought it, headed for home.

If you find a dealer wanting to sell a car, they will make a deal.

BryanBusby
02-18-2024, 11:53 AM
I don't know why people are so terrified of dealers.

They pull out the 4 square and I proceed to tell them thanks and wear them down on all 4 squares until I see what I like or I leave. Easy.

The scum dealers you will figure out in the first ten minutes and walk out.

Smed1065
02-18-2024, 12:00 PM
I like my GMC. 2007 but only 80,000 miles and I stole it basically 5 years ago. I seem to find farm trucks.

notorious
02-18-2024, 12:00 PM
Hate dealer games. One i did talk to wouldnt give me a $ till I gave them 500 buks to prove i was serious.

Wtf? ROFL

displacedinMN
02-18-2024, 12:02 PM
The best thing in the garage is a car that is paid off.

Shiver Me Timbers
02-18-2024, 12:48 PM
Toyota Tundra!

I agree on anything Toyota with the V8. I am not a fan of the 6 cylinder motors right now.

We currently have 2 Toyotas and one Lexus- all with the V8. I drove the new Tundra and was not a fan.

Chief Pagan
02-18-2024, 12:49 PM

They pull out the 4 square and I proceed to tell them thanks and wear them down on all 4 squares until I see what I like or I leave. Easy.

Yea, well some of us would rather drive 15 year old vehicles than try to wear somebody down, tell them thank you, go some place else, and start over again...

notorious
02-18-2024, 12:58 PM
Yeah, agreed.

That unit I got the LOL Fleet discount on was a new Diesel 3/4 ton. It was a PHENOMINAL wagon. But damned expensive to drive. I thought if I had it I might unlock uses for it, but it turned out that most of my miles were still empty, and short drives obliterated my mileage.

I'd love to still have it, but I'm too much of a number monkey to eat it.

The Land O Lakes thing has become considerably more complicated.

I used to get the discount for owning a little land, but they shut that shit down. Also, you can't pile on outside points on top of the Lakes discount.

My farmer buddy about had an aneurysm over the last trade in cycle.

stevieray
02-18-2024, 01:05 PM
How about an El Camaro?!

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/2023/01/1994-chevy-camaro-z28-el-camino-hot-rod-magazine.png?fit=around%7C875:492

Nice wheels.

I like this El Camaro

notorious
02-18-2024, 01:07 PM
Nice wheels.

I like this El Camaro

That's cool.

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 01:15 PM

I used to get the discount for owning a little land, but they shut that shit down. Also, you can't pile on outside points on top of the Lakes discount.

Yeah. I haven’t talked to anybody that’s done it in awhile. It used to just take an equity statement from a cooperative.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 01:16 PM

The farm program is no more

mlyonsd
02-18-2024, 01:28 PM

I know two people that went in to buy with cash that got decent enough discounts to finance so they took it. I think in both their deals they couldn't pay it off until they had made 3 payments. That said I shopped and bought a new car for the wife last month. I bought with cash and none of the dealers offered a discount for financing which I thought was interesting.

I think inventory also plays a part in it. The Chevy dealer had rows of Equinox's that all had $1500 off the sticker price. Same with Silverado's. Their faster selling Trax's, of which they only had 2, nothing.

notorious
02-18-2024, 02:13 PM
I know two people that went in to buy with cash that got decent enough discounts to finance so they took it. I think in both their deals they couldn't pay it off until they had made 3 payments. That said I shopped and bought a new car for the wife last month. I bought with cash and none of the dealers offered a discount for financing which I thought was interesting.

I think inventory also plays a part in it. The Chevy dealer had rows of Equinox's that all had $1500 off the sticker price. Same with Silverado's. Their faster selling Trax's, of which they only had 2, nothing.

They had 1500's with 6500 off in December.

Picked up a baby duramax for the wife. Sticker was 61, ended up at 51 after using credit card points.

First "deal" I've gotten since Covid. Love that pickup. My 2500 feels like a dump truck compared to it.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 02:19 PM
They had 1500's with 6500 off in December.

Picked up a baby duramax for the wife. Sticker was 61, ended up at 51 after using credit card points.

First "deal" I've gotten since Covid. Love that pickup. My 2500 feels like a dump truck compared to it.

Where did you get it?

redshirt32
02-18-2024, 02:30 PM
Toyota Tundra!

This
I have A 2014 Tundra with 75000 miles on it
Ill be dead before i get to a million miles.

resale value alone is why you buy Toyota and million plus miles.

notorious
02-18-2024, 02:31 PM
Where did you get it?

Pm'd.

Lewis Chevy DC or Lubbers in Cheney. Little ways away for you but they shouldn't screw around with you.

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 02:45 PM
Pm'd.

Lewis Chevy DC or Lubbers in Cheney. Little ways away for you but they shouldn't screw around with you.

You've got along with Lewis? That's where we bought the wifes Yukon because it was, you know, there. They were pretty smarmy. Got where we needed to be but did the whole, back and forth shit trying to get us to bite on some bullshit.

I'm sure there are worse, but I appreciated the local guy much more after that.

notorious
02-18-2024, 02:51 PM
You've got along with Lewis? That's where we bought the wifes Yukon because it was, you know, there. They were pretty smarmy. Got where we needed to be but did the whole, back and forth shit trying to get us to bite on some bullshit.

I'm sure there are worse, but I appreciated the local guy much more after that.

GC guys are different I guess. I've known the guy at Dodge for years, did everything over the phone and email. Didn't set foot in the dealership until the deal was done. Lubbers put up a good a good fight, just couldn't get the one I wanted.

Buehler445
02-18-2024, 03:02 PM
GC guys are different I guess. I've known the guy at Dodge for years, did everything over the phone and email. Didn't set foot in the dealership until the deal was done. Lubbers put up a good a good fight, just couldn't get the one I wanted.

Interesting. If they have anything in my market I'll be getting his name/number from you.

The Yukon came from the Toyota Dealership, but I've looked at some inventory in the Chevy location in Garden. We were helped by a gal there and I've got a whole pile of fenceposts that put her intellectual prowess to shame. At first I was like good for her for taking on a historically men's job. And then she spoke...

Renegade
02-18-2024, 06:12 PM
I bought a used F-250 yesterday. Looked all over trying to find one that find my needs. Got it narrowed down and called several dealerships. No one was willing to deal on their prices, maybe $200 if lucky.

Everybody can see everyone else's pricing. I found it strange that every vehicle I looked at across the country was a range of $2500 of each other for what I was looking for. If I didn't care about getting a diesel, and wanted flex fuel, there was more variance between dealerships.

scho63
02-18-2024, 06:17 PM
All I ever hear is Ford's are the best and there is a waiting list and expensive.

The only thing Ford has done right.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-18-2024, 07:22 PM
Put 50K in TSLP. That buys 2500 shares that will pay you around $1250 month. Use that to make a car payment monthly until paid off. In the end you have your truck and the 50K or close to it.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2024, 08:52 PM
Put 50K in TSLP. That buys 2500 shares that will pay you around $1250 month. Use that to make a car payment monthly until paid off. In the end you have your truck and the 50K or close to it.

you may recall I had LLY in your game a year ago

still got it

lewdog
02-18-2024, 09:29 PM

I thought it was TSLY?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-18-2024, 09:53 PM
I thought it was TSLY?

TSLY would work too but TSLP is more stable ,not quite as volatile as TSLY

I think TSLP has paid in the .50-.60 range the last three months

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-18-2024, 10:00 PM
you may recall I had LLY in your game a year ago

still got it

That's been a beast, I still have that whole list of stocks in my eTRADE watchlist and take a peek at it. Hang on, I'm gonna see who's winning.....................................................

LLY is still winning up 173% from 3/31/22
NVDA was added 7/1/22 and is up 379%
SHOP ,from our 10/1 entries is up 201%
MREO from 7/1/22 231%

|Zach|
02-18-2024, 10:28 PM
I bought new and paid cash 1 time back when I was in colllege. Long story but I had the cash and needed a dependable vehicle. I looked like the typical college student with no money. Salesman played the what can we do game and finally got to where the price was good and they were going to make most their money on the financing (they thought). When they asked how I wanted to finance I said one payment today. The SOB called my bank. When he came back all of a sudden it yessir, no sir, can I get you something to drink sir. I think my hometown bank told that him I had the money to buy anything on the lot and then some even though I didn't. I still chuckle about it.

(this didnt happen)

|Zach|
02-18-2024, 10:34 PM
If you know exactly what you want… email every GMC dealer within a 2 hour radius and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and a price. They’ll know what you’re doing and shouldn’t BS with you on the price too much. And if they do, you’ll have quotes from other places.

My radius was not that big but I did a lot of this. I was surprised at how unwilling they were to just get the damn deal done...did not have all cash like OP but had cash to come in and get a deal done no problem. For some reason they kept wanting to punt me down the line..."well we can run some numbers...I will get back to you....or let me get some information and you can come in the next few days" like....no I want a car now.

Finally found someone that was responsive and just wanted to get the deal done...we both just kept getting each other exactly what we needed and it was a good experience.

BryanBusby
02-18-2024, 11:24 PM
Yea, well some of us would rather drive 15 year old vehicles than try to wear somebody down, tell them thank you, go some place else, and start over again...
Same shit when buying a house, except just with a lot more at stake and people don't cluck nearly as much about it.

Will never understand it.

chiefforlife
02-19-2024, 09:03 AM
Ive been hearing that 2024 is going to be horrible for Dealers. Life is getting very tough on them right now with high interest rates and lending drying up for consumers and especially for dealers themselves.

Dealers generally "float" their inventory with Lenders but that is becoming more difficult as lenders are finding this practice way to risky and less of them are willing to play this game.

Unless you need the Truck right now, waiting until further into the year could be HUGE savings for you. Buyers like you (cash) will have all the leverage!

HonestChieffan
02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Looks like one dealer will price it...will see how this goes.

Hard to believe we dont have car salesfolk on CP.

R Clark
02-19-2024, 10:37 AM
You will find that paying cash won’t get the best price, I had to finance and sign saying I wouldn’t pay it off till after 6 months.

RedandGold
02-19-2024, 12:18 PM
Ive been hearing that 2024 is going to be horrible for Dealers. Life is getting very tough on them right now with high interest rates and lending drying up for consumers and especially for dealers themselves.

Dealers generally "float" their inventory with Lenders but that is becoming more difficult as lenders are finding this practice way to risky and less of them are willing to play this game.

Unless you need the Truck right now, waiting until further into the year could be HUGE savings for you. Buyers like you (cash) will have all the leverage!

This thread got me looking at what’s out there, and I noticed that prices are starting to walk back from where they had been. I found the exact model I would want (AT4 with the 6.2) for around $67k, so I might look into doing something later this year.

At this point, it’s definitely a want versus a need, so it’s easy to keep my cash in my pocket.

KCJake
02-19-2024, 02:10 PM
Salesman right here. Ford dealership. I don't know the GM/Chevy incentives that are going right now but check it out. It's really your only chance at getting a "good deal." The internet really changed everything. Every dealerships best price is out there for everyone to see. Walking into a dealership and negiotating $5,000 off the asking price just isn't a thing anymore. Especially if you're paying cash. We(dealerships) have no incentive to make you a better deal because you're paying cash. It's actually worse for us.

RedandGold
02-19-2024, 03:28 PM
You will find that paying cash won’t get the best price, I had to finance and sign saying I wouldn’t pay it off till after 6 months.

My dad had to do something like that when he bought one of his Fords. Went in ready to write a check, and got a better deal going that route. Since it was a favorable rate with no penalty for early payoff after that point, he just waited until the period had passed, and he wrote his check then.

He likes trading for the heck of it every few years, and even though I’m partial to GMC’s, I’ll say that his 2023 F-150 Lariat is pretty nice.

TribalElder
02-19-2024, 06:33 PM
better get that 3500 HD edition, you don't want to be at the light and have someone looking down on your little truck do you

HonestChieffan
02-19-2024, 06:36 PM

Hate that but if thsts the game I will play

Buehler445
02-19-2024, 06:40 PM
better get that 3500 HD edition, you don't want to be at the light and have someone looking down on your little truck do you

Fuck that. Those half tons ride like a friggin dream.

HonestChieffan
02-20-2024, 06:31 AM

got a HD 2500.

notorious
02-20-2024, 07:28 AM
got a HD 2500.

Nice.

They are good trucks.

ChiefGator
02-20-2024, 07:43 AM
Got a Silverado 2500 about a year ago. Custom line, non-white... had to fly from central Florida to Austin to get one. Crazy. Still, quite a bit of truck for $67k. Need it for dragging my tractor around and other construction equipment.

Now looking for an electric vehicle for the wife, and to save gas.

Lzen
02-20-2024, 09:41 AM
Toyota Tundra!

Toyotas are definitely quality autos that will last forever. You also pay a premium for that. Still, their styling has always been "meh" in my eyes.

Lzen
02-20-2024, 09:47 AM

What does this mean?

Lzen
02-20-2024, 10:01 AM

What the heck?

Can you explain this further? What do you mean they wouldn't give you $? Why would they give you $?

Renegade
02-20-2024, 10:46 AM
What does this mean?

Do you research for salesman 4 square approach. It is a slimy tactic they use to get you into a car.

loochy
02-20-2024, 11:24 AM
Do you research for salesman 4 square approach. It is a slimy tactic they use to get you into a car.

I wouldn't say that it's slimy. They're looking out for themselves. You should look our for yourself. It's just a back and forth. Be strong willed, educated, and not desperate and you'll be fine.

Lzen
02-20-2024, 01:47 PM

Ah, ok. I've found some stuff online about that. It's been awhile since I bought a car but yeah, I always ask for the price of the car first before anything else. I have known for a long time that sales people will always try to get you to give them a payment you want and your trade in. I always say let's settle on a price first and then we'll see if those other things are an option. Of course, it always helps to have your financing set up prior to going to buy a car. I guess I didn't realize they had a name and it was an actual tactic.

Here is something I just found while researching that 4 square method. This is basic info but I think a lot of people don't know how to do this (or are afraid to try).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6wFPGbRLwaQ?si=DNFs8WGy85yynwoQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen
02-20-2024, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't say that it's slimy. They're looking out for themselves. You should look our for yourself. It's just a back and forth. Be strong willed, educated, and not desperate and you'll be fine.

Naw. It's slimy.

Renegade
02-20-2024, 01:49 PM
So side question. They are delivering my truck to my house today. Should you tip the drivers?

MIAdragon
02-20-2024, 01:54 PM
So side question. They are delivering my truck to my house today. Should you tip the drivers?

Yes, if he did a good job.

HonestChieffan
02-22-2024, 08:24 AM
Looks like a deal will be made today

Dealer has used my build to do a custom order.

They have sent me the confirmation details and i need to say yes and send $2000

The price does not include any promotions or rebates from GM, those will apply at time of delivery since they change and the dates change

MSRP is a bit north of $75xxx Price quoted is roughly 69

Fucking stupid what things cost but it is what it is

Local deal was a cluster. First the salesperson I have used did not answer email. So I dug out her text info and texted her. She said she couldnt access her email that is on the dealers webpage, could i send to a different. Then she didnt respond for a day and when she did she said yesterday was day off and she didnt check messages or email ......nitwit anyway

loochy
02-22-2024, 08:52 AM
Looks like a deal will be made today

Dealer has used my build to do a custom order.

They have sent me the confirmation details and i need to say yes and send $2000

The price does not include any promotions or rebates from GM, those will apply at time of delivery since they change and the dates change

MSRP is a bit north of $75xxx Price quoted is roughly 69

Fucking stupid what things cost but it is what it is

Local deal was a cluster. First the salesperson I have used did not answer email. So I dug out her text info and texted her. She said she couldnt access her email that is on the dealers webpage, could i send to a different. Then she didnt respond for a day and when she did she said yesterday was day off and she didnt check messages or email ......nitwit anyway

it doesnt sound like she wanted your business very badly

notorious
02-22-2024, 08:54 AM
So you told the local dealer to fuck off and went somewhere else? Seriously, she has one fucking job to do FFS.

Chazno
02-22-2024, 09:05 AM
Why wouldn't you finance? 0.9% is free money practically. Put that 69k in a HYSA at 5%. No risk. Total interest on 65k over 60 months is only 1500. You make 265 in interest that first month the 65k is in the HYSA.

HonestChieffan
02-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Why wouldn't you finance? 0.9% is free money practically. Put that 69k in a HYSA at 5%. No risk. Total interest on 65k over 60 months is only 1500. You make 265 in interest that first month the 65k is in the HYSA.

Its an option for sure. Depending on my other options

notorious
02-22-2024, 09:44 AM
On some of the low interest deals read the fine print.

Most of them will give you the low interest or factory discounts. Usually not both.

If you can get both low interest financing is a no-brainer.

HonestChieffan
02-22-2024, 07:33 PM
On some of the low interest deals read the fine print.

Most of them will give you the low interest or factory discounts. Usually not both.

If you can get both low interest financing is a no-brainer.

and worse some require a trade in

notorious
02-22-2024, 07:48 PM
and worse some require a trade in

Wow.

WTH is going on anymore?

HonestChieffan
05-03-2024, 08:21 AM
Well, its done and delivered and in garage.

Happy with it. 1/2 ton Denali Crew cab

But here is a kick in the nuts.

Has amazing technology dashboard. clear as a bell, great graphics.

MSRP north of $70G

No Owners manual. None. Guidebook that covers sickum but legal shit.

Owners manual is a PDF online.

Ever read a book on your phone?

Did anyone there consider making it an app on the trucks dash?

So, I get in touch with GMC...yes you can get a traditional owners manual.

Its $50 plus postage and handling

srvy
05-03-2024, 08:53 AM
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. I have all my owner's manuals on it. But you are correct it ought to come with a manual or on the onboard dash computer.

Lzen
05-03-2024, 08:56 AM

MSRP north of $70G

Why don't you just pull it up on a computer and print it yourself?

notorious
05-03-2024, 08:59 AM

MSRP north of $70G

:facepalm:

Spend 70k, don't get a manual. JFC

I'm still in a 22', my friend just traded to a 24'. He said the stereo sucks ass compared to his old 22'. They didn't put a subwoofer in the premium Bose system.

85k truck and that's the cuts they are making. I don't know if it's greed or their cost overhead is insane, but a $13 dollar subwoofer with a $30 amp isn't that hard to squeeze in (Bose cost).

seamonster
05-03-2024, 09:07 AM

I'm still in a 22', my friend just traded to a 24'. He said the stereo sucks ass compared to his old 22'. They didn't put a subwoofer in the premium Bose system.

85k truck and that's the cuts they are making. I don't know if it's greed or their cost overhead is insane, but a $13 dollar subwoofer with a $30 amp isn't that hard to squeeze in (Bose cost).

This is why I stopped buying new cars. When the inventory dipped after the chip outage the prices went into orbit. Made no sense to buy new (prices were going to drop and you'd be stuck with a car worth shit that you paid Mercedes money for). Go with a used car and you'll get more equity out of it and can trade it in for a new car if and when things return to sanity.

Pablo
05-03-2024, 09:08 AM
This is why I stopped buying new cars. When the inventory dipped after the chip outage the prices went into orbit. Made no sense to buy new (prices were going to drop and you'd be stuck with a car worth shit that you paid Mercedes money for). Go with a used car and you'll get more equity out of it and can trade it in for a new car if and when things return to sanity.

When prices go up they don’t come back down to sane levels. You just get to pay 30k for a used piece of shit and 60k for a new piece of shit.

notorious
05-03-2024, 09:15 AM

With business/work, new vehicles make more sense if you get in a trade-in cycle.

I bought 1 new vehicle for personal use, which was a Honda Pilot for my family, and it was at a surprising price (before covid).

Now I don't know what I would do. People keep buying new no matter what the cost is, so the prices will continue deeper into insanity.

Peter Gibbons
05-03-2024, 09:22 AM

Remember when all the UAW workers demanded big raises in their latest contracts? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

KCJake
05-03-2024, 09:31 AM

That's how Ford does it ;)

displacedinMN
05-03-2024, 09:33 AM
knock on wood. that is why I am sticking with my 2015 Ram---with the lifetime warranty.

seamonster
05-03-2024, 09:38 AM
When prices go up they don’t come back down to sane levels. You just get to pay 30k for a used piece of shit and 60k for a new piece of shit.

I bought a 2019 in 2022 and it was 40% less than what the owner paid in 2019.

HonestChieffan
05-03-2024, 09:39 AM
Why don't you just pull it up on a computer and print it yourself?

at 400 pages plus Id rather not

jd1020
05-03-2024, 09:53 AM
I cant imagine spending $70K+ in this market. Like a year away from being $20k underwater.

I'm looking at 2022 Nissan Frontiers because its one of the few midsize trucks (I dont need a fullsize) that is made in America and not Mexico or some other cheap labor country, and its one of 2 engines that isn't switching to a turbo engine. For average yearly miles in good condition those are just starting to hit $28k and even that is a gut punch. 4 years ago it would have been $18k.

Lzen
05-03-2024, 10:12 AM
at 400 pages plus Id rather not

:eek:

Wow, that's a lot. I understand.

Lzen
05-03-2024, 10:13 AM
I guess I don't know why they can't just give you that printed manual (if you ask) when you just spent 70k on a truck.

LoneWolf
05-03-2024, 10:19 AM
Remember when all the UAW workers demanded big raises in their latest contracts? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember when the labor cost of each vehicle is only 7%? Manufacturing professionals remember.

bsp4444
05-03-2024, 10:22 AM
I cant imagine spending $70K+ in this market. Like a year away from being $20k underwater.

I'm looking at 2022 Nissan Frontiers because its one of the few midsize trucks (I dont need a fullsize) that is made in America and not Mexico or some other cheap labor country, and its one of 2 engines that isn't switching to a turbo engine. For average yearly miles in good condition those are just starting to hit $28k and even that is a gut punch. 4 years ago it would have been $18k.

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon...built right here in Missouri.

BEAVER
05-03-2024, 10:28 AM
When they give you the price always ask if that is in Canadian dollars.

jd1020
05-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon...built right here in Missouri.

Ya I know, but both went to smaller engines with turbos. I keep my vehicles til they stop working, so the straight V6 that Nissan has had around since 2005 and is proven reliable is much more appealing to me. Plus you can get them cheaper.

KCJake
05-03-2024, 11:27 AM
Everybody's going to the small displacement, turbocharged engines. Great fuel economy and crazy power. The Ford F-150 V6 3.5 liter EcoBoost is a power house. Basically putting the V8 engine out of business

stevieray
05-03-2024, 12:01 PM
My 93 s10 with the 4.3 gave up the ghost the other day with 276k. That truck made me a ton of money.

Rebuilding it with a crank kit and a new tranny.

Not interested in a car a payment of buying someone else's troubles.

Buehler445
05-03-2024, 12:19 PM

MSRP north of $70G

Deere is doing the same shit. I did buy a new planter and it came with 4 friggin manuals, I was surprised.

With business/work, new vehicles make more sense if you get in a trade-in cycle.

I bought 1 new vehicle for personal use, which was a Honda Pilot for my family, and it was at a surprising price (before covid).

Now I don't know what I would do. People keep buying new no matter what the cost is, so the prices will continue deeper into insanity.

I can't get there. There are enough dudes buying pickups for 1 year and getting absolutely assfucked by the 1 year depreciation then I buy a used one.

displacedinMN
05-03-2024, 12:21 PM
My 93 s10 with the 4.3 gave up the ghost the other day with 276k. That truck made me a ton of money.

Rebuilding it with a crank kit and a new tranny.

Not interested in a car a payment of buying someone else's troubles.

I had one of those. Square body. Black. Heartbeat of America on the side. Camaro rims. Blew blue smoke every time I started it. Still a nice truck.

displacedinMN
05-03-2024, 12:22 PM
Remember when cars came with CD owners manuals???

Rain Man
05-03-2024, 12:26 PM
knock on wood. that is why I am sticking with my 2015 Ram---with the lifetime warranty.

Be careful with that. When it breaks down, they may send somebody to kill you.

burt
05-03-2024, 12:44 PM
I guess I don't know why they can't just give you that printed manual (if you ask) when you just spent 70k on a truck.

Manuals are part of a new vehicle. You should have received one. In 37 years of selling new vehicles, I have not delivered one without. Oh, CP just got back a car guy!

Peter Gibbons
05-03-2024, 12:48 PM
��

Peter Gibbons
05-03-2024, 12:49 PM
Remember when the labor cost of each vehicle is only 7%? Manufacturing professionals remember.

Speaking on behalf of all consumers, I remember it very fondly.
Don’t worry, I won’t be contributing to this slush fund. My new Land Rover was built in the Solihull Plant, United Kingdom.

bsp4444
05-03-2024, 12:49 PM
Everybody's going to the small displacement, turbocharged engines. Great fuel economy and crazy power. The Ford F-150 V6 3.5 liter EcoBoost is a power house. Basically putting the V8 engine out of business

I got the new Chevy Trailblazer and it only has three cylinders, but is turbo charged, so you would never know it.

Pinchshot
05-03-2024, 01:02 PM
Figured I'd click on this thread after driving my 2001 4 Runner with 325K miles.

Still going strong.

Went to get an extra key made. $5.

Bwana
05-03-2024, 01:03 PM

MSRP north of $70G

No hard copy owners manual on a 70K rig? Yeah, I would have made them throw that in, that's horse shit. The are not going to crater a 70K deal over a $50 owners manual. At this point, keep checking for your manual on ebay.

Bwana
05-03-2024, 01:09 PM
No hard copy owners manual on a 70K rig? Yeah, I would have made them throw that in, that's horse shit. The are not going to crater a 70K deal over a $50 owners manual. At this point, keep checking for your manual on ebay.

I just looked. There is one on there now for $19.95 with free shipping.......Go.

burt
05-03-2024, 02:02 PM
I just looked. There is one on there now for $19.95 with free shipping.......Go.
That’s $20.00 I wouldn’t spend. He was cheated out of it. I’d f-ing call the dealership.

Bwana
05-03-2024, 02:49 PM
That’s $20.00 I wouldn’t spend. He was cheated out of it. I’d f-ing call the dealership.
Yeah that would be the ideal solution and they damn well should provide one. With that said, you know how some of those outfits get after the sale. If they tell him to go pound sand, ebay would be a lot cheaper than spending the 50 bones, plus shipping.

HonestChieffan
05-03-2024, 03:05 PM
Figured I'd click on this thread after driving my 2001 4 Runner with 325K miles.

Still going strong.

Went to get an extra key made. $5.

Son just bought one amazing they have same parts in a 2024 as yours. So like isnt that smart as shit?

KCJake
05-03-2024, 03:11 PM
Son just bought one amazing they have same parts in a 2024 as yours. So like isnt that smart as shit?

Or it's lame as shit. Those interiors haven't changed much in 20 years. Why you'd pay $50,000 for 1991 technology, I'll never understand. It's a Toyota thing I suppose.

KCJake
05-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Be careful with that. When it breaks down, they may send somebody to kill you.

They'll just deny the claim. Read the fine print on those "lifetime warranties." If you lose an engine or transmission, there's no way you've met their stipulations needed to maintain the warranty. "A documented oil change at an approved service center every 3,000 miles." Etc...

loochy
05-03-2024, 03:26 PM
Or it's lame as shit. Those interiors haven't changed much in 20 years. Why you'd pay $50,000 for 1991 technology, I'll never understand. It's a Toyota thing I suppose.

insane reliability

loochy
05-03-2024, 03:28 PM

On my M2, the owner's manual is built into the car's computer. You just search and access it that way from the infotainment screen. It also has a phone app if you want it that way.