PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs do nothing

Hamwallet
02-21-2024, 09:09 PM
What if we do nothing this offseason?

We draft a couple of WR’s in the late rounds.

We draft a LB in the first couple of rounds with some O/D lineman.

Sign Sneed long term.

And while the rest of the league goes bananas overspending on free agents.

And we win again. We break the NFL.

Jewish Rabbi
02-21-2024, 09:11 PM
We already resigned Cornell Powell, bub.

Red Dawg
02-21-2024, 09:11 PM
They have to do something at WR. Not spend all their money but something to give their expensive QB to throw to. Defense won't be the same.

Pitt Gorilla
02-21-2024, 09:16 PM
They have to do something at WR. Not spend all their money but something to give their expensive QB to throw to. Defense won't be the same.

Yeah, we need only the finest targets, like Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle. High-priced, quality weapons like those are guaranteed to shine the Super Bowl.

Rain Man
02-21-2024, 09:21 PM
Recent patterns suggest that we will win the Super Bowl.

Pitt Gorilla
02-21-2024, 09:24 PM
Recent patterns suggest that we will win the Super Bowl.

Exactly. They also suggest we can find a WR to go for 3-57-1 in the SB off the scrap heap.

RedinTexas
02-21-2024, 09:24 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Chiefs do or don't do. If we win the Super Bowl again next year, fans around the NFL are going to start going crazy. Especially if we beat the Bills in the playoffs again.

InChiefsHeaven
02-21-2024, 09:49 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Chiefs do or don't do. If we win the Super Bowl again next year, fans around the NFL are going to start going crazy. Especially if we beat the Bills in the playoffs again.

If we get a three-peat, the level of hatred will be immense. I mean, the hate will floooooowwww...

...man, I hope we get a three-peat...

MVChiefFan
02-21-2024, 09:50 PM
Not that he needs it, but Veach has earned 1000% of my trust. No matter what opinions we have, he knows best how to shape an offseason. I do think we’ll try to shore up the WR room, but I’m not sure how we’ll go about it. I would like to keep the defense as intact as possible. If we do that, AND the offense gets back to being one of the best in league… it’s lights out!

Bump
02-21-2024, 09:53 PM
it's probably more likely than not they don't make any big moves in free agency. Bring back the guys that we can bring back and find some more of those cheap key free agent signings like Tranquill and Edwards.

New World Order
02-21-2024, 09:53 PM
Chiefs interested in Jack Shit

Why Not?
02-21-2024, 10:07 PM
The response to anything we do or don’t do is

“Don’t care, have Mahomes”

FloridaMan88
02-21-2024, 10:08 PM
Hugh Douglas.

Dunerdr
02-21-2024, 10:11 PM
So we’re trading our first second and third for late picks?

New World Order
02-21-2024, 10:15 PM
Hugh Douglas.

Remember being in high school reading in the KC Star about Hugh Douglas coming in for a workout.

Was so hyped and then disappointed when he didn't sign..

Chief Pagan
02-21-2024, 10:16 PM
What if we do nothing this offseason?

Damn it Carl!

:mad:

FloridaMan88
02-21-2024, 10:18 PM
Remember being in high school reading in the KC Star about Hugh Douglas coming in for a workout.

Ah yes the era of Carl Peterson going on vacation the first week of free agency and then dangling the likes of Kendrell Bell, Carlton Gray and Vonnie Holliday as supposed morsels of hope for the fanbase.

Gary Cooper
02-21-2024, 10:19 PM

My favorite was Zach Thomas.

FloridaMan88
02-21-2024, 10:22 PM
My favorite was Zach Thomas.

Corey Dillon to the Chiefs trade rumors… that was fun.

Rainbarrel
02-21-2024, 10:24 PM
Let them have their tears feast. 9ers tears, yum. Ravens tears, they're all right. Bills tears, needs more salt. Tua lovers tears, okay in a pinch. Raiders tears, like leftovers. Broncos tears, hint of vodka. Chargers tears, burnt. Social media, delicious

Couch-Potato
02-21-2024, 10:24 PM
I agree.

Resign our guys, and look to the draft for some weapons.

Find 1 low cost FA WR.

No need to fix what aint broke.

Superbowltrashcan
02-21-2024, 10:31 PM
If Patrick runs his wide receiver & TE sessions with just the UT and Dallas area guys again he’ll find a couple guys he likes and can give Veach the details.

jerryaldini
02-21-2024, 10:42 PM
Yeah, we need only the finest targets, like Deebo, Aiyuk, and Kittle. High-priced, quality weapons like those are guaranteed to shine the Super Bowl.

The trio of Watson, MVS, Gray had more yards!

Eleazar
02-21-2024, 10:43 PM
We will still print 'em

RINGLEADER
02-21-2024, 10:46 PM
Not that he needs it, but Veach has earned 1000% of my trust. No matter what opinions we have, he knows best how to shape an offseason. I do think we’ll try to shore up the WR room, but I’m not sure how we’ll go about it. I would like to keep the defense as intact as possible. If we do that, AND the offense gets back to being one of the best in league… it’s lights out!

I’m mostly in this camp but I do think Andy let some hubris slip in when he thought he could take a bunch of trash receivers and make a viable passing attack around them. Ultimately, to his credit, he realized that he needed to put the best players on the field and he effectively benched Toney and Moore, and got an elevated post-season out of MVS and Watson.

Hoping we don’t have to go through that next season.

LagunaSWana
02-21-2024, 10:57 PM
We already resigned Cornell Powell, bub.

Not to mention we're getting Lil Naz X Johnson back from injury.

RaidersOftheCellar
02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
If we get a three-peat, the level of hatred will be immense. I mean, the hate will floooooowwww...

Wait til they have to deal with the 4-peat.

Shit, I’m not sure I even want a 4-peat. That’s just rubbing it in. Plus, Kelce would likely die from alcohol poisoning at Union Station.

If the Chiefs get the 3peat and beat the Bills along the way, KC fans will be shot on sight in Buffalo.

J Diddy
02-22-2024, 12:47 AM
what if I masturbated while typing this post....

What if...?

Pitt Gorilla
02-22-2024, 01:05 AM

Look at any social media Chiefs video and there are ALWAYS comments about the outcome being rigged or fixed. I'll never understand the desire to be a conspiracy nut.

ThyKingdomCome15
02-22-2024, 02:24 AM
Even if Veach "does nothing" in free agency perse.' Letting Sneed and Jones walk would be a major something. We wouldn't be breaking the NFL either. We'd be breaking ourselves.

ThyKingdomCome15
02-22-2024, 02:27 AM
Look at any social media Chiefs video and there are ALWAYS comments about the outcome being rigged or fixed. I'll never understand the desire to be a conspiracy nut.

The turning point in the game was the ball bouncing off the Niner's foot, seven next play. You simply cannot rig that. LMAO

LoneWolf
02-22-2024, 09:57 AM
I want KC to draft Brenden Rice in the 2nd round just so he can catch a TD pass in the Super Bowl against the 49ers. I also want to be able to sing "Rice, Rice, baby. Mahomes" when the Chiefs are on offense.

el borracho
02-22-2024, 10:23 AM
I’m mostly in this camp but I do think Andy let some hubris slip in when he thought he could take a bunch of trash receivers and make a viable passing attack around them. Ultimately, to his credit, he realized that he needed to put the best players on the field and he effectively benched Toney and Moore, and got an elevated post-season out of MVS and Watson.

Hoping we don’t have to go through that next season.

Turns out they aren't the answer, but I would remind everyone that Toney was a top 20 pick and Moore was picked at 54. It isn't like we started the season with five UDFAs.

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-22-2024, 10:34 AM

I dont think people here are fully prepared for the scorn we're about to receive next year. All 31 fanbases, every single week.

KC_Lee
02-22-2024, 10:43 AM
I dont think people here are fully prepared for the scorn we're about to receive next year. All 31 fanbases, every single week.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/mVJojMQvDwixG/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952t2fz0p7ftkldllkqymn2l0s6mxvj7qkfo6awi9v4&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Wisconsin_Chief
02-22-2024, 10:50 AM

Ditto.

And don't even get me started on Corey Dillon. I had study hall first hour of the day and the first thing I did was hop on the now defunct NFLTalk.com and see if Dillon had been traded to us. King Carl refused to play ball with the Bengals and hand over that 1st round pick. Such an ass.

FlaChief58
02-22-2024, 10:55 AM

Let's get it on!

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/Yayb" width=480 height=200.278 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com">via GIFER</a></p>

Demonpenz
02-22-2024, 10:58 AM
Damn it looks like all you need is mahomes to win. I know that is not the truth though we got ballers all over the field

Red Dawg
02-22-2024, 10:59 AM

Didn't say the finest targets. But something a little netter to match Rice. Can't expect another dominate season from the defense.

Warpaint69
02-22-2024, 11:27 AM
Didn't say the finest targets. But something a little netter to match Rice. Can't expect another dominate season from the defense.

They have to improve the skills position regardless not only to help Pat, to take some of the weight off Kelce to help pro-long is career, but to offset the impending loss of talent on defense to whatever that degree after the free agency dust settles.

JohnnyHammersticks
02-22-2024, 11:29 AM
Hugh Douglas.

Hugh G. Rection

JohnnyHammersticks
02-22-2024, 11:34 AM

I'm fully prepared. Fully prepared to bask in it like the sun on a warm spring day.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExenZmMWhpZTdrbmJxNnUzcnpocXhlOWtudmgwNXRodTFrank1Mmh4bSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/xSM46ernAUN3y/giphy.gif

Wallcrawler
02-22-2024, 03:45 PM
Ed Hartwell coming in for a workout

MMXcalibur
02-22-2024, 04:15 PM
IS KENDRELL BELL IN KANSAS CITY?

DON'T LET HIM LEAVE!

Smed1065
02-22-2024, 04:16 PM
Chiefs interested in Jack Shit As long as it is not a dumbshit...........

Rainbarrel
02-22-2024, 04:50 PM
Teams just expect to lose & come out with their excuses early(49ers)