PDA

View Full Version : Football Justin Fields is ‘well aware' he won't return to the Bears

notorious
02-23-2024, 09:30 AM
Justin Fields is ‘well aware' he won't return to the Bears

Ryan Taylor

Recently, fans noticed Justin Fields unfollowed the Chicago Bears Instagram account, leading them to believe the quarterback is on his way out of Chicago.

He later explained to "The 33rd Team" that the reason for his unfollow was strictly to declutter his timeline, as he was nearing a vacation and wanted football to be the last thing on his mind. Fields explained he didn't just unfollow the Bears, but also the NFL's social media, too.

But ESPN analyst Mike Greenberg doesn't see that move as a simple unfollow. He believes Fields knows what's next.

"Justin is well aware he is out of Chicago. He is well aware he's not coming back," Greenberg said on ESPN's "Get Up!" "They're trading him. He's beginning the process of moving on. ... The best thing the Bears can do for him is to get him out of there as quickly as possible so he can begin the process of proving them wrong wherever he goes next.

Rest at the link: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-analyst-mike-greenberg-believes-232035329.html

notorious
02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
A little bit of a stretch if you ask me.....

TLO
02-23-2024, 12:17 PM
Bring him in for a dook?

carcosa
02-23-2024, 12:53 PM
I don't think Mike Greenberg is an "analyst" in any real sense of the word, and I certainly don't think his opinion on what Justin Fields is thinking justifies a headline that positions it as a fact.

Eureka
02-23-2024, 03:51 PM
The fact that they have the #1 pick and if they like what they see at QB will be the reason he is gone.

What is Fields trade value is the bigger question.

raybec 4
02-23-2024, 04:14 PM
The fact that they have the #1 pick and if they like what they see at QB will be the reason he is gone.

What is Fields trade value is the bigger question.

That is the biggest question for sure. He sure as hell isn't going to bring much in terms of value IMO. I can't imagine a team bringing him in with the expectation of handing him the job. Not even Washington or New England and their QB situation is absolute trash.

staylor26
02-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Caleb to the Bears, Maye to the Commanders, Daniels to the Pats, and Harrison Jr. to the Cards.

I don't think the top 4 picks have ever been this obvious this early.

The only thing that could screw it up is the Pats pointing on a QB. I just don't see how they can do that when next year's class looks terrible.

staylor26
02-23-2024, 04:19 PM
That is the biggest question for sure. He sure as hell isn't going to bring much in terms of value IMO. I can't imagine a team bringing him in with the expectation of handing him the job. Not even Washington or New England and their QB situation is absolute trash.

They'll get a 2nd and maybe like a 4th.

raybec 4
02-23-2024, 04:23 PM
They'll get a 2nd and maybe like a 4th.

I'm not as sure as you are. I guess we'll find out. I'd be surprised if they got anything higher than a 3rd plus a late round.

Easy 6
02-23-2024, 04:23 PM
He should be thankful to get outta that dumpster fire

Frazod
02-23-2024, 04:27 PM
He should be thankful to get outta that dumpster fire

At this point you just have to assume that whatever the Bears do here, they'll fuck it up.

A Browns-style jersey with names of all the quarterbacks they've had since they won their last Super Bowl hanging off it (and it's not like McMahon was that good either) would probably look like a bridal veil.

crispystl
02-23-2024, 04:33 PM
At this point you just have to assume that whatever the Bears do here, they'll **** it up.

Ohhh I do.

Easy 6
02-23-2024, 06:15 PM
At this point you just have to assume that whatever the Bears do here, they'll fuck it up.

A Browns-style jersey with names of all the quarterbacks they've had since they won their last Super Bowl hanging off it (and it's not like McMahon was that good either) would probably look like a bridal veil.

Yeah, I just can't see how Williams is any safer of a bet than Fields was

When you're constantly chasing the next big thing at QB, you're never going to develop any chemistry or consistency at the most important position

Yeah Williams might be the next Stroud, but the odds say otherwise... Chicago is better off building around the known guy who's shown genuine ability, and who's teammates have demonstrated a genuine respect for IMO

Bump
02-23-2024, 07:21 PM
If they truly believe Caleb Williams is the next big thing at QB, then they kind of have to take him. But if they truly believe in Fields then they could probably draft Caleb Williams and trade him or trade the pick and receive a massive haul, it would have to be pretty costly because this is a very hyped up QB.

Monticore
02-23-2024, 07:26 PM
Draft Caleb, start fields one more year , then trade the guy you don’t want next year

Pasta Little Brioni
02-23-2024, 07:42 PM
Fields and Taysum Hill to Denver ROFL

Pablo
02-23-2024, 07:44 PM
ITZ CALEB WILLIAMS SZN

https://media.gq.com/photos/64f0d1ea1a8cdfb2bcd92540/master/w_1600%2Cc_limit/GQ1023_Williams_D_07.jpg

Pablo
02-23-2024, 07:45 PM
Fields and Taysum Hill to Denver ROFL

Oh it would be beautiful, please please make it so

Easy 6
02-23-2024, 08:29 PM
Draft Caleb, start fields one more year , then trade the guy you don’t want next year

Sounds good on paper, but it would tear that young and unproven locker room apart... these sorry ass Bears need some consistency and stability, running off a respected young vet QB for the next supposed big thing is a recipe for failure

Stewie
02-23-2024, 08:38 PM
I'm not buying the idea that Caleb Williams is the next great QB. I watched too many games where he missed wide open receivers under zero pressure. He also benefited from the same wide open receivers where he actually completed passes.

I suppose we'll see how he pans out in the NFL.

FloridaMan88
02-23-2024, 08:46 PM
ITZ CALEB WILLIAMS SZN

https://media.gq.com/photos/64f0d1ea1a8cdfb2bcd92540/master/w_1600%2Cc_limit/GQ1023_Williams_D_07.jpg

Dress Dude apparently isn’t hiring an agent and will represent himself.

Another check on the shitshow checklist.

Frazod
02-23-2024, 08:48 PM
ITZ CALEB WILLIAMS SZN

Holy fuck, is that for real?

Apparently he told RuPaul Burrow to hold his beer.

Pablo
02-23-2024, 08:50 PM
Holy fuck, is that for real?

Apparently he told RuPaul Burrow to hold his beer.

Oh you better believe it. There’s another one floating out there that’s almost as bad

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-23-2024, 08:50 PM
I'm not buying the idea that Caleb Williams is the next great QB. I watched too many games where he missed wide open receivers under zero pressure. He also benefited from the same wide open receivers where he actually completed passes.

I suppose we'll see how he pans out in the NFL.

He has the ability. I'm more worried about his attitude and his mental approach.

Saying he wants ownership stake in the team that drafts him? Huge red flag.
Doesn't seem to handle adversity well? Also red flag.

Just seems like a guy who believes he should be owed something before he's even accomplished anything, which is absolutely a recipe for disaster.

Pablo
02-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Dress Dude apparently isn’t hiring an agent and will represent himself.

Another check on the shitshow checklist.

Goddamn. Gonna go the mommy agent route a la Lamar?

Frazod
02-23-2024, 09:03 PM
Oh you better believe it. There’s another one floating out there that’s almost as bad

https://media.tenor.com/6snrrLwbiPIAAAAM/grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

notorious
02-24-2024, 08:20 AM
That's a guy grown men will follow into battle!

TEX
02-24-2024, 08:21 AM
He has the ability. I'm more worried about his attitude and his mental approach.

Saying he wants ownership stake in the team that drafts him? Huge red flag.
Doesn't seem to handle adversity well? Also red flag.

Just seems like a guy who believes he should be owed something before he's even accomplished anything, which is absolutely a recipe for disaster.

Nailed it.

Red Dawg
02-24-2024, 08:26 AM
Bears could clean up rye draft trading Fields and the 1 pick. Move down to a few spots and take a good QB prospect and have 2 more 1's and 2 more 2's. 3 1s and 3 2's would give them mass talent.

notorious
02-24-2024, 08:28 AM
Bears could clean up rye draft trading Fields and the 1 pick. Move down to a few spots and take a good QB prospect and have 2 more 1's and 2 more 2's. 3 1s and 3 2's would give them mass talent.

Will they have enough roster space for a team that loaded with talent? /sarcasm

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2024, 08:33 AM
Bears passed on Mahomes for Trubisky. Draft a bust in Fields and now are going to take a guy in a dress/likely complete bust number 1 overall? The failure is delicious

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2024, 08:34 AM

If you believe someone is the guy you take him. If they believe Caleb is it you take him. Now the more comes out about him the more they should be scared but...

myselff77
02-24-2024, 09:37 AM
Even if the Bears believe the ceiling for Caleb is equal to Fields, you might as well take him, if for nothing else, to restart the shotclock on a rookie QB contract.

Red Dawg
02-24-2024, 09:40 AM
Caleb has got arrogant punk written all over him. I would pass.

BigRedChief
02-24-2024, 09:41 AM
Why would the Bears do what is best for him if they are moving on? What's best for them is finding a team that needs a QB and cant make it up into the top 5.