PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Burrow: Bengals built to beat the Chiefs

SHOWTIME
04-15-2024, 09:08 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Burrow: I think Bengals are built to beat the Chiefs. <a href="https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N">https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1779824323017990508?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Lee
04-15-2024, 09:10 AM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pDgHg2Lcju3Ty" width="480" height="217" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/conor-venice-practicing-pDgHg2Lcju3Ty">via GIPHY</a></p>

Hammock Parties
04-15-2024, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately Joe Burrow's wrist is built to last about a month.

alpha_omega
04-15-2024, 09:22 AM
Meh. What else is he supposed to say?

Dunerdr
04-15-2024, 09:33 AM
*in the regular season

Graystoke
04-15-2024, 09:34 AM
That whole city is full of Jabroni's

Otter
04-15-2024, 09:35 AM
All you can do is say "bring it" and show up.

Oh, and by the way, where exactly are you hiding your Super Bowl Trophies, bengal bitch?

Go Chiefs!

Pablo
04-15-2024, 09:36 AM
I like it. They keep talking. We’ll keep winning. Balance in the universe

digger
04-15-2024, 09:37 AM
https://media.tenor.com/Dt6kKqmjYrAAAAAC/oh-really-you-are-serious.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-08-2015/FCqZpZ.gif

scho63
04-15-2024, 09:40 AM
Are the Bengals now the preseason Champs, bumping the Chargers?

KC_Lee
04-15-2024, 09:47 AM
Ate the Bengals now the preseason Champs, bumping the Chargers?

Not a total Apples to Apples comparison, the Ben-Gals do win their divison and make the playoffs, the Charge-Hers rarely perform above last wild card playoff spot levels.

Gravedigger
04-15-2024, 09:49 AM
Funny thing about statements that begin with the words "I think."

493rd
04-15-2024, 09:50 AM
Up to this point Burrow has been unbelievably fortunate playing with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. He gets Higgins for one more year paired with Chase so he better win it all this year. Let’s see how good Joe is when his only threat is taken out of most games going forward. Dude couldn’t beat the Rams a few years back when it mattered most. But he sure likes to run his mouth.

displacedinMN
04-15-2024, 09:56 AM
Living rent free in everyones heads

SHOWTIME
04-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Up to this point Burrow has been unbelievably fortunate playing with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. He gets Higgins for one more year paired with Chase so he better win it all this year. Let’s see how good Joe is when his only threat is taken out of most games going forward. Dude couldn’t beat the Rams a few years back when it mattered most. But he sure likes to run his mouth.

Not only that he's coming back from an ACL. Many NFL players have not fared as well in the year following their surgery. I'm not saying Burrow will be bad next year, but he may not return to normal until 2025.

HonestChieffan
04-15-2024, 10:03 AM
So far not so much but that means the odds are better for it to happen.

Having players out because they are stupid wont help either

Lets hope we can get it together one more time

In58men
04-15-2024, 10:04 AM
Here’s the entire question and response. Some people cry too much when they “think” Chiefs are being underestimated. Burrow is truly speaking facts here, not reason to get upset lol

Speaking this week during the New Heights' live podcast, Burrow broke down why he's had success against K.C. where others have not, looking back fondly at the battles between two of the AFC's recent behemoths.

"I think we both work really hard. They have great players, we have great players," Burrow told Jason and Travis Kelce, per the Bengals' website. "I think we match up pretty well with them. I think we're built to beat them. I always appreciate the legendary battles we have. Guys are out there always making plays. Patrick (Mahomes) is always out there making plays. Both teams have big-time defensive lines. It's a great matchup."
Burrow's comments were nothing short of complimentary, but the claim sandwiched between the rest of his answer is what will spur debate.

SHOWTIME
04-15-2024, 10:12 AM
Here’s the entire question and response. Some people cry too much when they “think” Chiefs are being underestimated. Burrow is truly speaking facts here, not reason to get upset lol

Speaking this week during the New Heights' live podcast, Burrow broke down why he's had success against K.C. where others have not, looking back fondly at the battles between two of the AFC's recent behemoths.

"I think we both work really hard. They have great players, we have great players," Burrow told Jason and Travis Kelce, per the Bengals' website. "I think we match up pretty well with them. I think we're built to beat them. I always appreciate the legendary battles we have. Guys are out there always making plays. Patrick (Mahomes) is always out there making plays. Both teams have big-time defensive lines. It's a great matchup."
Burrow's comments were nothing short of complimentary, but the claim sandwiched between the rest of his answer is what will spur debate.

He said the Chiefs were built to "beat them," not to be competitive or hang with them.

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 10:12 AM
Meh. What else is he supposed to say?

Uhhh lots of stuff?

He needs to watch how Mahomes blows smoke up his opponents’ butts. That’s how you play this game.

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 10:16 AM

That’s like saying, “Oh he only insulted Andy Reid’s mother in that one sentence. Everything else around it was very nice and cordial.”

He said what he said. And the bulletin board is gonna rape him now

chiefzilla1501
04-15-2024, 10:18 AM
That’s all well and good but bengals fans probably didn’t read it. They don’t start paying attention to their team until it’s October and they have a winning record

wazu
04-15-2024, 10:23 AM
A good first step for the Bengals would be to not finish last in their division this year.

neech
04-15-2024, 10:24 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GMDoJEggSDk?si=R2JF4PnLoEEN8Aoy" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kman34
04-15-2024, 10:27 AM
The whole AFCW built their teams to beat the Chiefs.. How’s that working for them??
Oh and…. Fuck the Bengals….

In58men
04-15-2024, 10:27 AM
He said the Chiefs were built to "beat them," not to be competitive or hang with them.

He said Bengals were built to beat them and they actually are lol.

loochy
04-15-2024, 10:28 AM
The Bengals were built to miss the playoffs

SHOWTIME
04-15-2024, 10:29 AM

Ok Bengals fan...

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 10:31 AM

In what way are they built specifically to beat the Chiefs?

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2024, 10:33 AM
That's all good and well, but Burrow needs to focus on surviving the AFCN first. That division is a daunting motherfucker

In58men
04-15-2024, 10:36 AM
In what way are they built specifically to beat the Chiefs?

Burrow is 3-1 against Chiefs, they also beat us in the Championship game.

If we had to pick one AFC team that “can” beat the Chiefs it’s the Bengals.

I’m just saying, he’s not wrong lol.

In58men
04-15-2024, 10:36 AM
Ok Bengals fan...

Fuck off n00b

scho63
04-15-2024, 10:37 AM
Burrow was built to break.

In58men
04-15-2024, 10:40 AM
Burrow was built to break.

You’re also not wrong lol

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 10:50 AM
Burrow is 3-1 against Chiefs, they also beat us in the Championship game.

If we had to pick one AFC team that “can” beat the Chiefs it’s the Bengals.

I’m just saying, he’s not wrong lol.

How are they built to beat the Chiefs NOW?

Since their only playoff win against us, the Chiefs have won two Super Bowls. We’re different. They’re different too.

That’s the only thing that matters

FlaChief58
04-15-2024, 10:54 AM
<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/2Kc" width=480 height=244.500 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com">via GIFER</a></p>

tredadda
04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Not only that he's coming back from an ACL. Many NFL players have not fared as well in the year following their surgery. I'm not saying Burrow will be bad next year, but he may not return to normal until 2025.

He is?

chiefzilla1501
04-15-2024, 10:57 AM
I mean I hate the idea that cincy of all markets has a competitive football team. But of all the teams when healthy they are our best competition. Zac Taylor made the offense look halfway decent with browning and with his best WRs not at 100%. Their defense actually held on to some of their key playmakers longer than I had expected.

I want to say they peaked a few years ago. Then again we said that about the chiefs and we adjusted just fine. This isn’t a Justin Herbert or Lamar situation where they didn’t get the job done with loaded rosters. They did it with a ton of cheap draft picks so while they’ll lose talent, they wont end up in cap hell. Bengals are more likely to adapt to post cap destruction than most other teams.

SHOWTIME
04-15-2024, 11:05 AM
He is?

for some reason i thought he tore is ACL. my bad.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-15-2024, 11:16 AM
Their roster gets worse every year. They missed their windows choking against Stat Padford

MMXcalibur
04-15-2024, 11:43 AM
Congratulations on capitalizing on your fluke win with ZERO Lombardis.

In58men
04-15-2024, 11:46 AM
How are they built to beat the Chiefs NOW?

Since their only playoff win against us, the Chiefs have won two Super Bowls. We’re different. They’re different too.

That’s the only thing that matters

Bro, you’re being way too sensitive about this shit.

“IF WE HAD TO PICK ONE TEAM”

Nobody is saying they’re beating us. We’re speaking hypothetically here.

frozenchief
04-15-2024, 11:57 AM
I don't see why this is controversial or why people are taking offense at it. The Colts were built to beat the Patriots. They didn't do it terribly often but that's how they were built. So were the Steelers. So were the Chiefs after Andy got here.

Why? Because at the time, the Patriots were the top team in the AFC and the NFL. If your goal is to win it all, you build your team to take out the top. Now, the Chiefs are the top.

The Bengals have had various degrees of success. In the regular season they tend to do better than in the playoffs, although they've been successful one year. But I have no doubt that when the Bengals' front office looks at their draft needs, a major consideration is which players will put them in a better position to beat KC. If they're deciding between 2 players and they are otherwise equal, I expect the Bengals to pick the player that they think will better help them beat the Chiefs. Why? Because the Chiefs are the top and are going to be the most likely obstacle between the Bengals, or any other team, and a Lombardi trophy.

Titty Meat
04-15-2024, 11:59 AM

That's why they have 0 rings and the Chiefs have 3

Inmen

Scooter LaCanforno
04-15-2024, 12:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Burrow: I think Bengals are built to beat the Chiefs. <a href="https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N">https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1779824323017990508?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch. arset="utf-8"></script>

Guess he forgot who his left tackle is.

ThrobProng
04-15-2024, 12:03 PM
Burrow: Bengals built to beat off the Chiefs

FYP

Spott
04-15-2024, 12:03 PM
Never heard hear of her.

carcosa
04-15-2024, 12:11 PM
for some reason i thought he tore is ACL. my bad.

He did tear and have surgery on a ligament, but it's in his wrist, not his knee.

TomBarndtsTwin
04-15-2024, 12:14 PM
I'm guess I'm not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over this?

I mean, if you are in the AFC, and your goal is to get to the Super Bowl, you're going to have to get through KC every fucking year. This have been proven out in the playoffs every year Mahomes has been the starter.

So if you're an AFC team and you're NOT trying to build your team to 'beat KC' then I would seriously question the intelligence of your front office and your coaching staff.

The Chiefs ARE the standard and EVERY team should be trying to figure out a way to get by that, regardless of whether you're a 'contender' like the Bengals or some poor schlep like the Broncos, for instance.

I'm just not really seeing the harm in his comment. :shrug:

crispystl
04-15-2024, 12:19 PM
Their roster gets worse every year. They missed their windows choking against Stat Padford

Yeah at this point the only thing they're "built" for is to cling on as long as possible.
Ask the Bills how that worked out?

Hammock Parties
04-15-2024, 12:24 PM
built to beat the chiefs

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41r+3f-Nb+L._AC_.jpg

DrunkBassGuitar
04-15-2024, 12:25 PM
I don't see why this is controversial or why people are taking offense at it. The Colts were built to beat the Patriots. They didn't do it terribly often but that's how they were built. So were the Steelers. So were the Chiefs after Andy got here.

Why? Because at the time, the Patriots were the top team in the AFC and the NFL. If your goal is to win it all, you build your team to take out the top. Now, the Chiefs are the top.

The Bengals have had various degrees of success. In the regular season they tend to do better than in the playoffs, although they've been successful one year. But I have no doubt that when the Bengals' front office looks at their draft needs, a major consideration is which players will put them in a better position to beat KC. If they're deciding between 2 players and they are otherwise equal, I expect the Bengals to pick the player that they think will better help them beat the Chiefs. Why? Because the Chiefs are the top and are going to be the most likely obstacle between the Bengals, or any other team, and a Lombardi trophy.

yeah KC has been to a championship game every year Mahomes has started. if you want to win a SB you have to beat the Chiefs. like is he supposed to tell the truth and be like "well IDK if we can win if Mahomes is on the field lol" Bengals fans would tear him apart (for good reason)

they might beat us during the regular season, but who cares lol

FloridaMan88
04-15-2024, 12:28 PM
This is the homeless looking guy who was on stage with the Kelce’s in Cincy?

https://www.cincinnati.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/04/12/PCIN/73298729007-kelcebrothers-24.jpg?width=700&height=467&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 12:56 PM
Bro, you’re being way too sensitive about this shit.

“IF WE HAD TO PICK ONE TEAM”

Nobody is saying they’re beating us. We’re speaking hypothetically here.

“We’re built to beat the Chiefs.”

Me: “In what way are they built to beat the Chiefs?”

You: “You’re being way too sensitive.”

Okay. Whatever. Keep not answering the question I guess. You do you.

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 01:00 PM
I'm guess I'm not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over this?

I mean, if you are in the AFC, and your goal is to get to the Super Bowl, you're going to have to get through KC every fucking year. This have been proven out in the playoffs every year Mahomes has been the starter.

So if you're an AFC team and you're NOT trying to build your team to 'beat KC' then I would seriously question the intelligence of your front office and your coaching staff.

The Chiefs ARE the standard and EVERY team should be trying to figure out a way to get by that, regardless of whether you're a 'contender' like the Bengals or some poor schlep like the Broncos, for instance.

I'm just not really seeing the harm in his comment. :shrug:

Because it’s a stupid word choice.

The Bengals aren’t actually building their team to intentionally match up with us. And if they are, they’re constructed to beat the Chiefs with Tyreek, not this iteration that has done nothing but win rings each year.

Maybe they should also focus on being built to beat the fucking Rams. That would help get them a SB

staylor26
04-15-2024, 01:22 PM
Because it’s a stupid word choice.

The Bengals aren’t actually building their team to intentionally match up with us. And if they are, they’re constructed to beat the Chiefs with Tyreek, not this iteration that has done nothing but win rings each year.

Maybe they should also focus on being built to beat the fucking Rams. That would help get them a SB

Exactly.

It's their way of saying "Yea, the Chiefs are on top, but we have their number!".

In other words, still clinging to a few regular season wins and that one AFCCG, when we've beat them in another and won 2 SBs since.

Wisconsin_Chief
04-15-2024, 01:24 PM
Exactly.

It's their way of saying "Yea, the Chiefs are on top, but we have their number!".

In other words, still clinging to a few regular season wins and that one AFCCG, when we've beat them in another and won 2 SBs since.

That one doesn't even count, they needed refball the entire game to win. That KR for a TD right before the half still blows my mind. Game was over at that point and the refs knew it.

Rausch
04-15-2024, 01:25 PM

Allen has three straight regular season wins over Pat. How's that working out for him?...

TEX
04-15-2024, 01:47 PM
That one doesn't even count, they needed refball the entire game to win. That KR for a TD right before the half still blows my mind. Game was over at that point and the refs knew it.

That was fucking egregious.... And ref ball at the very end setting them up for the winning field goal.

chiefzilla1501
04-15-2024, 01:52 PM
Yeah at this point the only thing they're "built" for is to cling on as long as possible.
Ask the Bills how that worked out?

They’re a little better built long term. Unlike buffalo I think they’re building for the long haul and being smart about where to throw their money, where buffalo spent a few years out of desperation.

It goes without saying that they didn’t finish the job at their peak and it’s only gonna go downhill from here. But I think they’re very well positioned to be a competitive team. Good - I love the rivalry especially since we’re the better team and we’ve already gone through reinventing ourselves where cincy is just getting started.

Wallymo
04-15-2024, 01:58 PM
NO ONE BELIEVES IN US!

ThrobProng
04-15-2024, 01:59 PM
They're well-positioned to regularly challenge the Chargers for offseason championships.

Rausch
04-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Good - I love the rivalry...

Mahomes has no rival.

There's no Manning, no Favre, but I guess you could say Watson is a lot like Big Ben in some ways...

notorious
04-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Give them some respect.

They are 1 of only 2 teams to go to the Superbowl from the AFC the last 5 years. The other is my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs.

TEX
04-15-2024, 02:14 PM
Give them some respect.

They are 1 of only 2 teams to go to the Superbowl from the AFC the last 5 years. The other is my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs.

I agree with all, but the "give them some respect" part.

In58men
04-15-2024, 02:19 PM
NO ONE BELIEVES IN US!

-RealSNR

New World Order
04-15-2024, 02:21 PM
Give them some respect.

They're our rivals for sure.

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 02:37 PM
Honestly hope Burrow comes back 100% healthy. CIN with a healthy Burrow is great competition. Especially in the playoffs where they’ve actually beaten KC. Makes for much better football than watching us club a defenseless MIA club, or beat a seriously flawed BUF team.

New World Order
04-15-2024, 02:39 PM
Honestly hope Burrow comes back 100% healthy. CIN with a healthy Burrow is great competition. Especially in the playoffs where they’ve actually beaten KC. Makes for much better football than watching us club a defenseless MIA club, or beat a seriously flawed BUF team.

I dunno, I really enjoyed that postseason.

ThrobProng
04-15-2024, 02:50 PM

I hope Burrow's throwing hand is so permanently weakened that he has to learn how to jerk off with his left hand.

New World Order
04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
I hope Burrow's throwing hand is so permanently weakened that he has to learn how to jerk off with his left hand.

YEAH!!!!

How are you in the red?

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 03:00 PM
-RealSNR

You seem to enjoy winning Super Bowls.

Would you like to win some more? Then stop pouring cold water on the locker room’s obviously effective motivation tactics.

Idiot.

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 03:01 PM
I dunno, I really enjoyed that postseason.

Meh. The MIA game was boringly predictable. And really so was the BUF game. A little less so because Josh is an actual top-5 NFL QB, whereas Tua is really a mid-tier QB at best. But without half their starting defense the outcome was almost inevitable. I barely watched either game. And I’ll bet my heart rate barely got over 75 bpm.

I’d rather watch entertaining/exciting football where the outcome is up for grabs.

Brody Wa
04-15-2024, 04:31 PM
Meh. The MIA game was boringly predictable. And really so was the BUF game. A little less so because Josh is an actual top-5 NFL QB, whereas Tua is really a mid-tier QB at best. But without half their starting defense the outcome was almost inevitable. I barely watched either game. And I’ll bet my heart rate barely got over 75 bpm.

I’d rather watch entertaining/exciting football where the outcome is up for grabs.

Not me. I would rather have a 85 Bears team that dominated all their games besides the loss to the Dolphins.

Bowser
04-15-2024, 05:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joe Burrow: I think Bengals are built to beat the Chiefs. <a href="https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N">https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1779824323017990508?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.061437a776c1e9997576f805c5d49484?rik=WiaNOV5DVnm%2bxQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 05:43 PM
Not me. I would rather have a 85 Bears team that dominated all their games besides the loss to the Dolphins.

Go back and try to watch some of those games. Many of them are basically unwatchable.

Marcellus
04-15-2024, 05:52 PM
Any team in the NFL that doesn't believe that's what they are building a team to do is doing it wrong.

ChiefsCountry
04-15-2024, 06:15 PM
Burrow is the only QB that really strikes fear with me in the rest of the league. Allen is more talented but he is a loser beta.

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2024, 06:46 PM
Burrow is the only QB that really strikes fear with me in the rest of the league. Allen is more talented but he is a loser beta.

After last season Burrow isn't as intimating as he was before because the guy can't stay healthy and available. That's why he'll never be a threat, he'll have to get past AFCN Defenses that'll lay into Joe because of his injury history.

gordonelloyd
04-15-2024, 07:08 PM

Burrows and Allen both strike fear into me. In another thread, one of the posters did a great comparison of Alan and Mahomes talking about how when either has their A game they are pretty much equal, but that when either has his B game Mahomes comes out ahead, and sometimes Allen just has terrible games where he loses it all of his own, and Mahomes just doesn’t do that. that post put it much more eloquently than I have.

But I think Burrows fits into that comparison too. Like Allen he can have A games where he is a match for Mahomes, and that’s when we have to be afraid.

I agree, Burrows seems to be to be injury prone and also he plays in a far tougher division than we do. And I think buffalo has pretty much blown up their team, so probably aren’t as much of a thread anymore. And I don’t think Cincinnati has done very well in free agency. And we have with Hollywood Brown, assuming Rice isn’t lost for too much of the season. I say that, even though we will miss Sneed, especially when we play Cincinnati and Miami.

But either of those teams with those quarterbacks, I think are a much bigger threat to our 3peat then, Baltimore. Jackson just does not have the same A game qualities. And he has repeatedly shown that in the playoffs.

BigRedChief
04-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Talking trash hasn’t got them anywhere but just keep it up. Mahomes is always talking notes.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-15-2024, 07:32 PM
Jump ball Joe may not be the same with that injury

Easy 6
04-15-2024, 08:01 PM
How many times must his bitch ass get smacked around before he figures it out?

The only team you're designed to take down is the Bengals, you arrogant ass stepsisters LMAO

kcjoker
04-15-2024, 08:08 PM
All that really matters is Super Bowl wins. Mahomes has 3 and Burrow has 0.

Red Dawg
04-15-2024, 08:20 PM

Joe is a 4th quarter loser. His stats are crap and he no longer has the defense to bail him out. Raiders, Ravens and us they bailed him out in the playoffs.

displacedinMN
04-15-2024, 08:26 PM
Jump ball Joe may not be the same with that injury

no one has mentioned his hand

any word on recovery?

lcarus
04-15-2024, 08:53 PM
If I was an opponent of the Chiefs, I'd think by now I'd have learned not to give them any added motivation...

crayzkirk
04-15-2024, 09:05 PM
Perhaps the Bengals should concentrate on winning their division first.

Wow, it's amazing how the Chiefs just live rent free in so many teams heads.

Marcellus
04-15-2024, 09:13 PM

Allen took KC to the wire twice in the playoffs and could have won both games.

Burrow got lucky as fuck KC melted down in the second half and OT and won in OT.

Allen is way more scary if he ever gets a full game of complementary football on his side.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-15-2024, 09:14 PM
That AFCC loss to the Bengals was flukey as all hell. No points at the 1 yard line then an offense that was UNSTOPPABLE all postseason and Pat is refusing to throw to WIDE OPEN guys. I was at this game and it was the most frustrating thing I've ever seen. Guys were open everywhere including Hardman on the final drive of regulation for easy 6. Pat had to have been hurt or brain scrambled on a hit early in the 2nd half. Only explanation.

Stryker
04-15-2024, 09:22 PM
Um, Burrow can not stay healthy and he gets HIT a lot during the season - NOT WORRIED! Keep hitting him during his career!

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 09:24 PM
CIN beat KC three (3) consecutive times in a calendar year with Burrow. Including a AFCCG. Three times in a row in the NFL isn’t luck. So pretending that they’re not a threat or a pretty good team is just silly. Credit and respect where it’s due.

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 09:34 PM
CIN beat KC three (3) consecutive times in a calendar year with Burrow. Including a AFCCG. Three times in a row in the NFL isn’t luck. So pretending that they’re not a threat or a pretty good team is just silly. Credit and respect where it’s due.

Nobody is pretending they’re not good.

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 10:03 PM
Nobody is pretending they’re not good.

Go back a few posts. Some people are. Not you, and maybe not the majority, but there's more than a couple out there pretending like CIN just got lucky and/or they're a bad team.

RealSNR
04-15-2024, 10:20 PM
Go back a few posts. Some people are. Not you, and maybe not the majority, but there's more than a couple out there pretending like CIN just got lucky and/or they're a bad team.

Screw it. I'll join them. Because we're the goddamn fucking champs and have been for two years in a row while the Bengals have been sucking their own shit through a straw.

Fuck them. We've got the big penis. They've got the little penis.

Megatron96
04-15-2024, 10:33 PM
Screw it. I'll join them. Because we're the goddamn fucking champs and have been for two years in a row while the Bengals have been sucking their own shit through a straw.

Fuck them. We've got the big penis. They've got the little penis.

Lol, that's the spirit!!!

BigOlChiefsfan
04-15-2024, 10:46 PM
I wish I was in Bengals mode, I can see 'em in my road. Arm and arm down burgundy a bottle and my friend and me....

smithandrew051
04-16-2024, 12:10 AM
Biggest issue with Burrow has always been the sacks.

The OL is garbage and he takes way too many anyway. Plenty of blame to go around.

Taking that insane number of hits isn’t sustainable to win consistently. Burrow has a high likelihood of significant injury every single year.

alanm
04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
So I take it that Burrow is on the podcast tomorrow. It should be a good one then.

Red Dawg
04-16-2024, 04:34 AM
Chiefs with Mahomes have beaten the number 1 defenses in the league more than once. There is no team built to stop us.

SHOWTIME
04-16-2024, 05:55 AM
People need to stop bowing down to Burrow. Yes, he's 3-1 against the Chiefs but ALL 3 of those games were decided by a FG (one was in OT and the game turned on a pass Hill should have caught). Burrow could just as easily be 0-4 against Mahomes or 4-0.

mr. tegu
04-16-2024, 07:07 AM
I have no fear of a team with a QB who has zero TD passes in the fourth quarter of the playoffs in his entire career.

tredadda
04-16-2024, 07:15 AM

Because of their defense far more than their offense. That defense has given KC fits, but they aren't the same that they were a couple of years ago.

mr. tegu
04-16-2024, 07:15 AM

You have this completely backwards, especially when talking about playoff performance. Allen, with all his faults, actually makes things happen when things are getting tough or not going well. Burrow has done basically nothing to contribute to any of their playoff success. Their offense has scored one TD in seven playoff games in the fourth quarter. Given how well their defense played in their two playoff runs, if they had Allen they probably have a Super Bowl win.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-16-2024, 07:49 AM
We really have people white knighting the Bengals? JFC what is wrong with you guys? Cry piss and moan about everything and yet Chiefs rivals get you up in arms? Why?

Why Not?
04-16-2024, 07:56 AM
Built to beat us, but never actually win a championship.

SAGA45
04-16-2024, 08:01 AM
Lou Anarumo is the only one who gives the Bengals a chance against the Chiefs. Outside of him, they're "built" to watch the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Why Not?
04-16-2024, 08:06 AM
Not sure I understand anyone here being "scared" of any QB. The only time I would use the word fear and QB in the same sentence would have to do with ours and injury. IDGAF about any of those other, non championship winning QBs. Yes, we will lose games to other teams from time to time. But "scared"? Of Joe Burrow? Of Josh Allen? Of.....? Nah.

scho63
04-16-2024, 09:01 AM
The Bengals are on Burrowed time.

ChiefsCountry
04-16-2024, 09:11 AM
Allen took KC to the wire twice in the playoffs and could have won both games.

Burrow got lucky as **** KC melted down in the second half and OT and won in OT.

Allen is way more scary if he ever gets a full game of complementary football on his side.

Allen is a beta personality. Burrow is an alpha personality. Burrow gets that edge.

myselff77
04-16-2024, 09:23 AM
The Bengals could be built to beat the Chiefs, but it would involve trading Burrow and having Browning on the cheap contract. Then keeping the wide receivers and drafting successfully with the additional picks from trading Burrow.
Burrow is really the hinderance to their success.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-16-2024, 09:36 AM
Why would you even be scared of anyone as a Chiefs fan. It's simply unbelievable

Molitoth
04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
The Bengals could be built to beat the Chiefs, but it would involve trading Burrow and having Browning on the cheap contract. Then keeping the wide receivers and drafting successfully with the additional picks from trading Burrow.
Burrow is really the hinderance to their success.

Agreed.

I think Burrow is good, but Browning showed he had potential too. They had the same amount of wins last season if I remember correctly.

now, that said... a Bengals opinion surely outweighs mine, as I don't watch every bengals snap.

I get frustrated when dipshit Mahomes haters say that Alex Smith was just as good, that Mahomes is ONLY good because the team is stacked with talent, and that Andy Reid is the biggest factor, that anyone could win a SB with him. These people are just morons.

ThrobProng
04-16-2024, 11:59 AM
Allen is a beta personality. Burrow is an alpha personality. Burrow gets that edge.

The guy with fragile wrists who shows up on game day dressed like Elton John's boy toy is an alpha personality?

Megatron96
04-16-2024, 12:31 PM
Because of their defense far more than their offense. That defense has given KC fits, but they aren't the same that they were a couple of years ago.

Maybe. That's certainly one way to look at it.

Listen, this is how it is as far as I'm concerned. They have top-tier coaching. They have a top tier offense, particularly at WR. And they have had solid-to-very good defense. And they have a top-tier QB. Top-5 or -10 or wherever you want to rank him, he's one of the best QBs in the league. We can debate whether he's elite, and I honestly don't know if he is. But he's proven to be a pretty good one, easily in the top-10.

Anyway, it's pretty much impossible to have really good players and really good coaches and still be a bad team. If anyone can come up with more than one example of such I'd love to see it.

And to prove it, they actually beat KC three times in a row, once in the AFCCG, while never having a good OL.

So, by any reasonable standard CIN is a top-tier football team, period.

Now, you want to argue that they haven't ever played up to their roster's talent, I would agree with that. They haven't been dominant offensively in the playoffs. Burrow in particular hasn't been special in January by any means. But the talent is undeniably there.

mr. tegu
04-16-2024, 12:51 PM

What are you basing this on besides his “cool” moniker? Because it certainly can’t be how they play the game.

ChiefsFanatic
04-16-2024, 05:19 PM
Because of our defense....

FYP