PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who would you rather have on the roster - Toney or Moore?

TLO
04-28-2024, 07:07 PM
For this exercise, you need to pick one or the other. Cutting them both is not an option.

Poll

smithandrew051
04-28-2024, 07:10 PM
Toney is more talented, but is a risk to make major negative plays.

Moore will just do nothing, but can also make negative plays (though unlikely because he won’t do anything at all).

Probably Toney because he could (though also unlikely) pull his head out of his ass someday.

Womble
04-28-2024, 07:11 PM
Toney is borderline retarded and is a liability but he has the ability to make game changing plays.

Skyy Moore just straight up sucks.

So as a choice between the two I'd keep Toney, but I'd rather we hit on a UDFA that allows us to get rid of both of them.

Palangi
04-28-2024, 07:12 PM
At least Toney has some special teams value

TwistedChief
Anyone who says "Moore" in this thread needs a lobotomy.

kccrow
Tough choice... but I'll go with the unpopular take and say Moore.

He's younger, doesn't have an injury history, and has contributed slightly more offensively.

Shit in one hand wish in another when it comes to Toney. He'd be the better keep if he were ever able to stay healthy but he just doesn't

notorious
No.

Fire them both into the sun.

TLO

Moore will just do nothing, but can also make negative plays (though unlikely because he won’t do anything at all).

Probably Toney because he could (though also unlikely) pull his head out of his ass someday.

I think along the same lines as you, but he can't catch the ball. And not only does he drop the ball, he tends to tip it up in the air for interceptions.

He also seems like a bit of a headcase.

I'd still rather have Toney.

kccrow
04-28-2024, 07:13 PM
No.

Fire them both into the sun.

Probably the best choice.

TLO
04-28-2024, 07:14 PM
I think along the same lines as you, but he can't catch the ball. And not only does he drop the ball, he tends to tip it up in the air for interceptions.

He also seems like a bit of a headcase.

I'd still rather have Toney.

Which is funny because I accidentally voted for Moore in the poll. :shake:

BigCatDaddy
04-28-2024, 07:17 PM
Sky has never had a game like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuD4z9FltWE

smithandrew051
04-28-2024, 07:18 PM
There really should’ve been an option to cut both but you have to have unprotected sex with an electric pencil sharpener.

Man, I’d be conflicted.

BWillie
04-28-2024, 07:19 PM
Moore. He at least will be a professional but I hope they are both gone.

Womble
04-28-2024, 07:21 PM
There really should’ve been an option to cut both but you have to have unprotected sex with an electric pencil sharpener.

Man, I’d be conflicted.

I'd rather we kept both Toney and Skyy than have a dick small enough to do that.

Chiefnj2
There is a 10% chance things click for Moore this year and he becomes a serviceable slot WR.

There is a 99% chance Toney gets hurt after 2 games and becomes a twitter distraction.

TwistedChief
There is a 10% chance things click for Moore this year and he becomes a serviceable slot WR.

There is a 99% chance Toney gets hurt after 2 games and becomes a twitter distraction.

I'll give 2:1 odds that Toney outproduces Moore this season.

ChiliConCarnage
Toney, because he has the ability to make plays. Even then he'll still be an injury concern but we won't be counting on him to basically be the no. 1.

Warrick
04-28-2024, 07:25 PM
Neither, but I'd choose a Toney who can stay healthy all year over Moore any day. Maybe if Toney can stop trying to juke everyone out of their shoes and just use his straight line speed to get out of bounds, and limit the hits he takes then he would start to improve the rest of his game. He can't do that if he's hurt most of the time, and has to keep rebuilding himself back up just to get on the field again.

smithandrew051
04-28-2024, 07:26 PM
I'd rather we kept both Toney and Skyy than have a dick small enough to do that.

I think the implication is that it’s a custom built pencil sharpener just for this occasion

Iconic
04-28-2024, 07:27 PM
toney. not even close for me. get toney on some psychotropics, a ****ing therapist, or hell maybe he just wakes up and the light in his dim head finally switches on. the skill alone is worthy of another years gamble.

moore just suffers from the same ailment we've seen in ceh, but worse. dude just flat out sucks ass.

Rain Man
04-28-2024, 07:27 PM
Sky has never had a game like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuD4z9FltWE

I never saw those alternate Chiefs uniforms. I must've missed that game.

Why Not?
04-28-2024, 07:29 PM
Death

TwistedChief
04-28-2024, 07:32 PM
toney. not even close for me. get toney on some psychotropics, a ****ing therapist, or hell maybe he just wakes up and the light in his dim head finally switches on. the skill alone is worthy of another years gamble.

moore just suffers from the same ailment we've seen in ceh. dude just flat out sucks.

And with Worthy and Hollywood, we've already raised the floor of the WR room. We don't need Moore playing 80% of snaps producing nothing anymore.

We can go with the higher risk/reward of a Toney. I strongly think we'll see reversion to the mean after some of the worst turnover luck in NFL history last season (note: not putting that all on bad luck - it was obviously some horribly poor play - but I'll bet you that's cleaned up this season in a meaningful way).

I like Moore. Think he's a good guy. But there's no reason to have optimism in his play. He hasn't even had a glimmer let alone a flash.

IowaHawkeyeChief
04-28-2024, 07:32 PM
Toney's got the higher upside and Moore the higher floor as we seen last year. If one of them makes the roster they will probably be WR5, so go with the upside. Toney.

-King-
04-28-2024, 07:33 PM
Probably Moore actually. They both produce the same and you don't have to deal with injuries or attitude problems.

Toney actualizing his potential and talent is a myth that needs to stop. His talent literally feeds into his how often he gets injured so even if he does start playing to his talent level, you know an injury is going to follow quickly after.

So since they both produce at the same level, I'll take the guy that's going to do it quietly without getting hurt every other game.

SeattleChiefFan
04-28-2024, 07:35 PM
Wait. So as I understand the poll, we can get rid of both of them if we simply take a gander at some Gaz photos?

Hell fuck it. I'm confident enough in my masculinity. Bring on the nudies.

Perineum Ripper
04-28-2024, 07:36 PM
I have to say Toney

His catch where he went up, adjusted his glove, then caught it over two defenders. Is more impressive than anything Moore has or will do as a pro.

I would rather punch myself in the dick than watch either of them play another down though

lewdog
04-28-2024, 07:38 PM
The ChiefsPlanet equivalent of this would be deciding who you had to spend 24hours in a room with, Chiefsshrink or jjChiefsfan, and the only topic allowed is religion.

Easy 6
04-28-2024, 07:44 PM
Toneys dumbass at least still has some kinda sizzle factor

wheeler08
04-28-2024, 07:51 PM
Toney might have a role with the new kickoff rules

BossChief
04-28-2024, 07:52 PM
Part of me wants to say Moore because if he turns it around and becomes a reliable slot guy, he’s back for cheap the next year. This is the last year under contract for Toney.

The other part of me highly doubts Skyy even has the talent to “put it all together”.

Rainbarrel
04-28-2024, 07:55 PM
I can write off the Toney trade as a plus. They not finding something more useful for Moore is too big a demerit for me. One more chance even if only meger

RealSNR
04-28-2024, 08:00 PM
Death

But first… Toney AND Moore!!!

mlyonsd
04-28-2024, 08:01 PM
Veach is a master at changing position groups. Think back to last October. Everyone knew the WR corp was a liability. Today the discussion is which starting WR from last year doesn't make the roster. Before that the defense, before that the Oline, before that the QB. Granted this WR group has to stay healthy and prove itself but Bart has shown he knows what needs to be done and goes and does it.

RealSNR
04-28-2024, 08:05 PM
Hollywood
Worthy
Rice
Watson

If Rice gets suspended for some games, one of Toney or Moore is gonna be here, guys. Possibly both.

I know we’d all take any of Ross, Remigio, Rugby guy, or other instead, but Andy probably doesn’t see it that way…

Megatron96
04-28-2024, 08:10 PM
Toney, not even a question. When healthy, Toney has the ability to make a play, maybe even a game-changing play. Maybe even two in a single game. Moore, he's probably a really nice kid, but he just . . . he's greg Dieter.

Bowser
04-28-2024, 08:13 PM
I think the question should be is there room on this team for either of them?

- Hollywood
- Rice
- Worthy
- Watson
- Toney
- Skyy
- Powell(!)
- Anthony Miller
- Jacob Copeland
- Remigio
- Ross
- Shi Smith
- Montrell Washington

I'll assume we're keeping 6 this year with out four TE's. After the top four guys, who is worthy of the last two spots? And remember that is squarely in special teams territory.....

Why Not?
04-28-2024, 08:21 PM
:deevee:But first… Toney AND Moore!!!

philfree
04-28-2024, 08:22 PM
Practice Squad material. Maybe they can learn the playbook and how to catch in case we need them.

philfree
04-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Never Moore
Never Toney
Never more

MMXcalibur
04-28-2024, 08:28 PM
I went with Moore.

Toney alone cost us two games and I don't see how you can trust him going forward based on his butterfingers that magically end up in the opponent's hands. Don't get me wrong, Moore isn't anything special; but at least he isn't actively aiding the opposing team with his garbage play.

RealSNR
04-28-2024, 08:34 PM
You could read Pat’s lips after Toney fucked up against the Eagles.

“Can’t trust that guy”

That’s a big deal.

Chief Pagan
04-28-2024, 08:38 PM
I was a Toney fan boy for a long time. No more. But Toney at least has proven some open field/kick return abilities. He has flashed a high ceiling.

Moore has nothing.

Gary Cooper
04-28-2024, 08:39 PM
Why?

After Toney's bizarre tweet last year, I expected him to do something crazy, like "Antonio Brown crazy". Don't need a bad locker room distraction.

Moore seems like a good dude who just belongs in the CFL.

ForeverIowan
04-28-2024, 08:42 PM
Veach and Reid calling Toney the most talented receiver on their roster means one of two things:

1.) They are trying to pump up his value in order to get ANY sort of trade compensation and for someone else to eat his cap hit.

2.) They are all-in on giving him one FINAL chance and are trying to pump up his confidence.

His pure ability is off the charts. If he pulls his head out of his ass, buys in 100%, just focuses on CATCHING the ball and stays somewhat healthy, this team is untouchable.

TwistedChief
04-28-2024, 08:48 PM
Why?

After Toney's bizarre tweet last year, I expected him to do something crazy, like "Antonio Brown crazy". Don't need a bad locker room distraction.

Moore seems like a good dude who just belongs in the CFL.

Our floor is defined and perfectly acceptable given the offseason additions.

Moore’s ceiling is nowhere. Toney has shown he can really flash and with the space he’ll have to work with given Brown/Worthy, there’s plenty of reason to think he can feast underneath without feeling the pressure of being a top option.

If Toney flames out, you cut him. Game over. Much rather give him that shot than go with Moore who isn’t going anywhere.

WhawhaWhat
04-28-2024, 08:49 PM
You could read Pat’s lips after Toney ****ed up against the Eagles.

“Can’t trust that guy”

That’s a big deal.

Patrick's meltdown on the sideline last year was directed at the refs but the cause of it was because of Toney's incompetence. His anger finally spilled over in the worst way.

ChiefsFanatic
04-28-2024, 08:52 PM
This is like a doctor telling you that both of your testicles have cancer, and asking you which one you want removed.

Rainbarrel
04-28-2024, 08:52 PM
Which one by cutting loose is more likely to screw up another locker room? Toney to da Bills!

DRM08
04-28-2024, 08:55 PM
You could read Pat’s lips after Toney ****ed up against the Eagles.

“Can’t trust that guy”

That’s a big deal.

Eagles game was MVS. Toney had the bobble ball pick 6 against the Lions, the Offsides against Buffalo, and the bobble ball interception against New England. It felt like the Patriots game was the last straw for Toney.

trndobrd
04-28-2024, 08:56 PM
Toney, not even a question. When healthy, Toney has the ability to make a play, maybe even a game-changing play. Maybe even two in a single game. Moore, he's probably a really nice kid, but he just . . . he's greg Dieter.

Some of those game-changing plays will benefit the Chiefs.

Megatron96
04-28-2024, 09:07 PM
Some of those game-changing plays will benefit the Chiefs.

lol, yeah.

Look, I get that people have real hate towards KT. After he posted that idiotic tweet about Andy and the Chiefs lying about his health status, that was the last straw for me as well. Any last vestige of goodwill in my heart died the moment I read that shit.

But the question here is about which of the two actually could help the team in 2024, not which is the nicer/more likeable kid.

And Toney, while being kind of an idiot, and the fact that he had an abominably bad season last year, actually has the physical skills and talent to make real NFL-caliber plays when healthy.

Hell, in his first season with NYG he had a 200+ yard game vs. DAL, and he torched that defense. Now, you can argue that he mostly caught screens and other nonsense type plays to do that, but the bottom line . . . well, go watch that highlight reel and tell me how many of those plays Skyy could make. It's going to be a really short list if you're honest about it. Like 2 or 3 max.

Go watch Toney's (albeit short) highlight reel from his first season in KC. He made some pretty nice plays in that reel. Skyy just isn't on the same level as an athlete or as a WR. It's just that simple for me.

Toney, when he's healthy and pulls his head out of his ass, can make real NFL game-changing plays. Moore has never shown that kind of ability.

If I have to keep one of these guys, that's what I'm going to look at. What can either do for the team's chances to win a third SB. Not whether I like the guy as a person or not.

philfree
04-28-2024, 09:09 PM
Toney's a fruit and Moore can't run more than one play a game properly. Veach drafted Moore and took a stab at Toney and both failed. Take your losses and move on. It's not like marriage where there's a lifetime of alimony.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-28-2024, 09:24 PM
…Cutting them both is not an option.

Poll

How about cutting one and shooting the other?

Gary Cooper
04-28-2024, 09:40 PM
Our floor is defined and perfectly acceptable given the offseason additions.

Moore’s ceiling is nowhere. Toney has shown he can really flash and with the space he’ll have to work with given Brown/Worthy, there’s plenty of reason to think he can feast underneath without feeling the pressure of being a top option.

If Toney flames out, you cut him. Game over. Much rather give him that shot than go with Moore who isn’t going anywhere.
Outside of the Jaguars game in the regular season in 2022, and one great punt return in the Super Bowl that year, when has he shown "flashes"?

FloridaMan88
04-28-2024, 09:50 PM
Skyy Less doesn’t have NFL-caliber talent… so obviously Toney.

Megatron96
04-28-2024, 09:56 PM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QuD4z9FltWE" title="Every Kadarius Toney Catch from 189-Yd Game | NFL 2021 Highlights" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beginning of this one is blurry, sorry. KC stuff starts around :59
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WiZsXxVWNoM" title="Kadarius Toney NFL career highlights" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basileus777
04-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Moore is not a NFL player. Toney might still be something that can make a 53 man roster.

Megatron96
04-29-2024, 12:25 AM
Moore is not a NFL player. Toney might still be something that can make a 53 man roster.

Shoot. Toney has elite twitch, decent speed, tracks the ball well, can make tough catches under duress, and is a nightmare for defenses with the ball in his hands.

Anyone else remember that block he hit that LB or DE with in that one game (can't remember who we were playing right now)? He nearly knocked that guy out of his shoes, weighing probably 50-60 lbs. less. Or that go route when he ran into the DB hard enough to knock the guy backwards, and he stayed on his feet, accelerated down the sideline to make that high point grab? That one's at 2:30 in that highlight reel I posted.

KT is really strong for his size.

And some of his runs after the catch are as Barry-esque as I've seen in a long time. Guy has great vision and exceptional balance through contract.

If he'd grow up, all-the-way grow up, say tomorrow, and learn to play with the intensity and focus that he did in some of those more spectacular catch-and-runs he's had, in every game on every snap, he'd be seriously good. Maybe top-20 good.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-29-2024, 12:38 AM
Sometimes I wonder if Toney is a cancer to this team. Nobody even knows Skyy exists.

TwistedChief
04-29-2024, 01:18 AM
Outside of the Jaguars game in the regular season in 2022, and one great punt return in the Super Bowl that year, when has he shown "flashes"?

You ever watch his game against Dallas in his rookie season?

You ever see the way he moves in general?

Compare that to Skyy Moore. His best play in the NFL to date was on a broken coverage against the Jaguars.

Rausch
04-29-2024, 03:30 AM

Compare that to Skyy Moore. His best play in the NFL to date was on a broken coverage against the Jaguars.

I hear he's a great guy but from a football perspective Sky brings absolutely nothing to the table. Nothing.

Spott
04-29-2024, 05:25 AM
Gonna have to go with the the nude photos of Gaz on this one.

PatMahomesIsGod
04-29-2024, 06:11 AM

Best play was Corn Dog 2 in the SB.

But yeah, he blows goats.

SAGA45
04-29-2024, 06:49 AM

If they pick "Moore" then they've already had one.

HemiEd
04-29-2024, 07:00 AM
It's like choosing between a broken toe and the flu.

I was a big Skyy Moore fan, but he just doesn't get it, I was wrong. Time to move on.

Toney has made some nice plays, but he has fucked up repeatedly when he had the chance to make a routine catch. Also, time to move on.

Shit can them both.

BigBeauford
04-29-2024, 07:18 AM
I thank God every day we picked Moore over Pickens.

wazu
04-29-2024, 07:35 AM

Weird.

BigBeauford
04-29-2024, 07:44 AM
Weird.

Sarcasm of course.

Womble
04-29-2024, 07:46 AM

God: "Why is this dumb asshole thanking me about this daily? If this keeps happening I might ensure the Bills take the AFC next seasom"

BigRedChief
04-29-2024, 07:47 AM

Toney is borderline reeruned and is a liability but he has the ability to make game changing plays.

Skyy Moore just straight up sucks.

So as a choice between the two I'd keep Toney, but I'd rather we hit on a UDFA that allows us to get rid of both of them.Yup

Graystoke
04-29-2024, 07:58 AM
Yeah, its Toney and its not even close.
Folks waiting for Moore to have a breakout 3rd year are going to be disappointed. Moore just looks lost out there.

wazu
04-29-2024, 08:00 AM
Sarcasm of course.

Okay, good. But just so you're aware there are people on this site who feel that way. That having an absolute "dead weight" player on our roster is better than a thousand yard receiver with an attitude problem.

-King-
04-29-2024, 08:06 AM
Yeah, its Toney and its not even close.
Folks waiting for Moore to have a breakout 3rd year are going to be disappointed. Moore just looks lost out there.

I don't think anyone is expecting either one of them to have a breakout year. Not only do they suck but we have a great top 3 WR corp. They get pushed even further down if you include Kelce. The opportunities anyone else gets will be minimal barring injuries.

tredadda
04-29-2024, 08:12 AM
For me it would be Toney. He actually has the talent to be a very good WR. At this point it does not look like Moore will ever have that.

FloridaMan88
04-29-2024, 09:15 AM
Sometimes I wonder if Toney is a cancer to this team.

It seems like whatever frustration he had with the Chiefs at the end of the season is water under the bridge now… for both sides.

The question is will he be willing to accept a lesser role to earn a roster spot… without having another temper tantrum about his usage.

The obvious answer is he has no choice if he wants to remain a Chief… but common sense and Toney don’t always go together.

notorious
04-29-2024, 10:03 AM
It's like choosing between a broken toe and the flu.

I was a big Skyy Moore fan, but he just doesn't get it, I was wrong. Time to move on.

Toney has made some nice plays, but he has ****ed up repeatedly when he had the chance to make a routine catch. Also, time to move on.

Shit can them both.

Hemi crushes it. I myself was a Moore-On. Never was a fan of Phoney.

Time to move on.

PHOG
04-29-2024, 10:17 AM
I voted for Toney as the lesser of two evils. I was intrigued by Moore when he was drafted, deferring to Bart Vatch's other worldly drafting prowess. But he just hasn't shown much progress at all. Toney could get his head on straight at any moment, but who knows.

Training camp will be huge for both. Put up, or get lost.

el borracho
04-29-2024, 12:28 PM
At this point I would rather go back to Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle. But if I had to choose between Moore and Toney, I would choose Toney.

Moore offers nothing. He's not fast, he's not smart, hasn't shown great hands. If Moore somehow makes the roster that tells me Veach didn't do enough in the wide receiver room.

Toney has talent but he's always hurt and had just a terrible year last year. I've been watching football for decades and I just can't remember a WR single-handedly losing multiple games. I would have no problem starting the year with him in a limited role and seeing if he can stay healthy and hold on to the ball.

Gary Cooper
04-29-2024, 12:43 PM

No, I never watched his game from three years ago when he was playing for a different team. I understand that he has more career highlights than Skyy Moore. I would hope so for his sake.

Both guys should get a chance in training camp but if they don't produce the team should feel comfortable to part ways with either player.

They helped us win the SB in 2022 but their absence helped us win the SB in 2023.

I'm still picking Moore because he's less of a locker room distraction but I can't justify keeping Moore either. He needs to contribute to have a roster spot.

If the poll had the option of "Neither" we'd all probably click it.

Mecca
04-29-2024, 12:44 PM
I just don't think Skyy Moore has any talent, Toney does.

I also don't think we're good enough to walk on both at the moment.

Chief Pagan
04-29-2024, 03:02 PM
I voted for Toney as the lesser of two evils. I was intrigued by Moore when he was drafted, deferring to Bart Vatch's other worldly drafting prowess. But he just hasn't shown much progress at all. Toney could get his head on straight at any moment, but who knows.

Training camp will be huge for both. Put up, or get lost.

I'm ready to cut Moore now. Training camp isn't going to change who he is and he is a waste of a roster spot.

As for Toney, if Andy thinks there is something to give another chance to, I guess...

jettio
04-29-2024, 06:41 PM
I expect both will make the team.

After the Raiders game, the Chiefs finally stopped running the advanced passing offense that required every WR to adjust on every route and started running straightforward plays.

Did these chiefs planet bozos even watch Chiefs games last year?

Both players were dinged and Chiefs goofed around all year running the most complex plays that the offense evolved into, when it came to time to win and stop ****ing around, Chiefs stopped ****ing around and ran plays they could execute when they needed to score or kill the clock and took the air out of the ball when they had the lead to avoid the temptation of running option route plays.

Marquise Brown and Xavier Worthy are not going to be asked to run the bullshit adjustment routes that perplexed Toney and Moore last year.

Brown, Worthy. Toney and Moore are all going to do better running more straightforward man beater or zone beater routes.

Megatron96
04-29-2024, 06:58 PM
I expect both will make the team.

After the Raiders game, the Chiefs finally stopped running the advanced passing offense that required every WR to adjust on every route and started running straightforward plays.

Did these chiefs planet bozos even watch Chiefs games last year?

Both players were dinged and Chiefs goofed around all year running the most complex plays that the offense evolved into, when it came to time to win and stop ****ing around, Chiefs stopped ****ing around and ran plays they could execute when they needed to score or kill the clock and took the air out of the ball when they had the lead to avoid the temptation of running option route plays.

Marquise Brown and Xavier Worthy are not going to be asked to run the bullshit adjustment routes that perplexed Toney and Moore last year.

Brown, Worthy. Toney and Moore are all going to do better running more straightforward man beater or zone beater routes.

Yeah, intelligent football plays and players are so overrated.

jettio
04-29-2024, 07:04 PM
Yeah, intelligent football plays and players are so overrated.

Intelligence is running plays that work. Running plays that don't work is stupid.

Having a never fully healthy Toney run crosses where the ball is thrown where he is not clear of defenders behind him was fucking stupid.

When Chiefs simplified plays and gave Rice the crossing routes, the plays were designed and executed so that he would have 3-4 strides untouched after securing the ball.

Megatron96
04-29-2024, 07:10 PM
Intelligence is running plays that work. Running plays that don't work is stupid.

Having a never fully healthy Toney run crosses where the ball is thrown where he is not clear of defenders behind him was fucking stupid.

When Chiefs simplified plays and gave Rice the crossing routes, the plays were designed and executed so that he would have 3-4 strides untouched after securing the ball.

Probably the fact that Andy began running the ball more had more impact, tbf. Went from averaging around 35% rushing to around 45% by the time we entered the playoffs. But yeah, turning MVS into a pure decoy and just manufacturing touches for Rice underneath worked. Mostly. Until we got to the SB.