PDA

View Full Version : Warfield To Start vs Tampa Bay

Snapper
08-23-2000, 02:56 PM
Seems like the youth movement is on in KC. I just hope that Slymo gets the start on Friday night as well. I know we were all high on Warfield in the off season, but what do you guys think now?

Hoover
Glad to find you guys

JOhn
08-23-2000, 03:00 PM
I haven't been able to see much of the games, but i do like warfield, he has a good attitude, and will take responsibility for his actions. Stand up football player, hope he has a good year with the Chiefs.
kcmax

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 03:01 PM
Welcome, Hoover, glad you made it.

Warfields starting is mainly due to the fact this is preseason game #4. Most of the backups and 3rd stringers are going to be playing the lions share of the game.

Snapper
08-23-2000, 03:02 PM
Sorry I didn't see the other post. I think Warfield will win the starting spot. That said Dishman will not be cut. If anyone goes it will be Carlton Gray. Dishman wouldmake for a nice Nickle back IMO.

Hoover

sd4chiefs
08-23-2000, 03:02 PM
I hope Warfield steps up and takes the spot. The idea of starting two 34/35 year old corners is not appealing to me. We really need this kid to develop into the player Gun wants so we can get him on the field.

Gun mentions in that article that three rookies may start against Tampa Bay. I think they'll be Morris, Wesley, and Moreau.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 03:03 PM
It might also be his way of putting the pressure on both Warfield and Dishman. He said he loves to do that and likes to see how people react.

Mike
08-23-2000, 03:04 PM
I just hope we don't see a repeat of last years Tampa Bay game. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

DoubleWannaB
08-23-2000, 03:09 PM
I'm not as optimistic as I once was about Warfield. I saw last week's game and Warfield turned around to look at the QB when he should have been watching his assigned receiver. Burned for a TD.

I'm not crazy about anyone playing the corners this year, excepting Hasty. My area of biggest concern.

Dr. Red
08-23-2000, 03:34 PM
Fla Chief -

Warfield's problem (from a layman's point of view) seems to stem from a confidence problem. He looks real unsure of his positioning on the field as well as his coverage assignments.

I think he has tremendous ability, but he needs to get confidence back in his game in order to execute.

Does anyone know if he lacks brain muscle? That can be illusionary for confidence.

DoubleWannaB
08-23-2000, 03:41 PM
Good points, ChiTown

I seem to recall that about 2/3rd's the way thru last season, I was thinking Warfield was coming along nicely and might wrestle the starting position away from Dishman this year. But that was then and now, after listening to 2 pre-season games and seeing the 3rd, I can't for the life of me remember why. Maybe I was too enthusiastic last season.

I don't really know about Warfield's overall football smarts. Never heard anyone comment one way or another.

------------------
Bye weeks?!? Bronco Nagurski never got no BYE WEEKS!!! And now he's dead...uhhh...

--Moe the Bartender

Dr. Red
08-23-2000, 03:47 PM
Fla Chief -

I remember Gun had his tongue all over Warfield and his ability to be a "Play Maker" last season and the start of training camp.

I think the kid is suffering from "Oh $hit, now I've got to Perform" syndrome. It's very common with younger players who get thrown into the fire due to lack of other choices.

I hope he get's his confidence back, because we need someone who can make plays at that position, badly.

------------------
Cold beer??? Yeah, I'll take one

Chieffan
08-23-2000, 03:50 PM
It's a way to motivate him to play. He's got talent, but performance and desire is what makes you a winner in the NFL. He's got to show that Dishman is starting in his place NOT that he is starting in Dishman's place.

I hope they play vanilla on defense, that way they can evaluate the one-on-one matchups, rather than be influenced by a "game plan"