PDA

View Full Version : Keep f*cking doubting Trent Green...

Pages : [1] 2

ChiefsPride
11-17-2002, 03:03 PM
The title of the thread says it all....

F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Green, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey, you f*cking idiot, nobody is bashing him.

You must ride on the short bus.

:LOL:

crazychiefsfan
11-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Chill man. Not alot of people have been bashing the Greenster

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Still doesn't get it.

:rolleyes:

WisChief
11-17-2002, 03:06 PM
What the hell?

ChiefsPride
11-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Your a ****ing idiot Keg. Just because Green had a solid outing, and won the game on two scrambles, and now your like a little jealous school girl. Your the biggest girly assed ***** I've ever seen on a board. You and hstimaque...Whatever the hell his name is...Bunch of ****ing crying *******. You owe Mr. Green an apology.

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Oh, this ought to be good ...ROFL

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Your a ****ing idiot Keg. Just because Green had a solid outing, and won the game on two scrambles, and now your like a little jealous school girl. Your the biggest girly assed ***** I've ever seen on a board. You and hstimaque...Whatever the hell his name is...Bunch of ****ing crying *******. You owe Mr. Green an apology.

Quite the intellectual. Green has many solid outings. Of course, he's had some not-so-solid outings, too.

Until you're able to see the world in color, instead of black and white, you'll continue to operate with a large foot in your mouth.

keg in kc
You make SDJ look like Albert Einstein.

Ultra Peanut
Your a ****ing idiothehehehe

tk13
11-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Hello everyone? Anyone? We did WIN this game... let's calm down here people.

keg in kc
Hey, Parker, I was right. ChiefsPride is mad that we won, so he can't bitch about the defense. Poor guy's having a nervous breakdown. Can't even type a coherent sentence.

ChiefsPride
I'll continue to operate as a Chiefs fan. Not everything is perfect with KC, it's not hard to see that *****. But I'll tell you what, there is one thing right with KC team, and that's the guts and heart of Green and the offense.

Dalex
Lighten up Francis.

KCWolfman
11-17-2002, 03:10 PM
F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Green, I don't even consider true fans. I haven't seen anyone "bash" Green for weeks now.

And what is the penalty for not being a "true fan" in your eyes? We don't get invited to your house for dinner? Damn, there goes my social season.

Frankly, I don't care what you consider anyone's fan status to be. If Green screws up, he should be called to the mat for it. If he does well, he should be commended.

As it was he had a good day number-wise and made some great decisions. He deserves a pat on the back for his performance.

BTW - **** you, too. Have a nice day.

DaWolf
11-17-2002, 03:10 PM
F*ck you. Instead of being a blind homer who doesn't care win or lose, and cares more about what other fans are saying, why don't you try and be objective and give props when it is deserved, and critisize when it is deserved? I know I and many others on this board actually CARE about what happens when we lose, and want to see those problems corrected. Green has been inconsistent this year. He has good games and bad games. He had a very nice 4th quarter today. He threw the deep ball well today. Props to him. He's had other nice games. Props on those. Now do it again next week. I'm not here to kiss any millionaire's a$$. I'm here to cheer my team on to wins, and if they don't win, I care, and I want answers. When players play well, they get props. I call that being objective and caring. I do not call that bashing. Bashing would be ripping him after a good outing...

Bearcat
11-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by tk13
Hello everyone? Anyone? We did WIN this game... let's calm down here people.

Yes.... happy thoughts.

Happy thoughts.

You f*ckin idiots :D

WisChief
11-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by keg in kc
Hey, Parker, I was right. ChiefsPride is mad that we won, so he can't ***** about the defense. Poor guy's having a nervous breakdown. Can't even type a coherent sentence.

Didn't you say this in the Game thread?

BTW - THE PACKERS ARE GETTING THEIR A$$'S KICKED - WOO HOO!!!

ROFL

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by WisChief

Didn't you say this in the Game thread? Yes, yes I did. :D

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm not a real fan.

:huh:

KCWolfman
11-17-2002, 03:13 PM
DaWolf - True. I am willing to bet that CP is of German descent.

His blind faith in another human being is bad enough, his bashing of those who see fault in his "leader" is truly disconcerting.

ChiefsPride
11-17-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh now I don't care if KC wins or not?? Are you ****ing kidding me? It made my week that KC won. It made my f*cking week. And it made it even more special that they won it on Trent Green's back.

I'm just sick and tired of the Green bashers. **** them. Green's a winner. Call me a homer, call me whatever you like. I am a KC fan through and through. The Arrowhead is tattooed on my right shoulder...

WisChief
11-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by keg in kc
Yes, yes I did. :D

ROTFLMFAO!!!

ROFL :LOL:

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:14 PM
The Arrowhead is tattooed on my right shoulder...

The sign of the true fan. CP pulls up his sleeves and shows off his "pride" as he hops into his Camaro and rides off into the sunset.

KCWolfman
11-17-2002, 03:15 PM
The Arrowhead is tattooed on my right shoulder... Actually, I think it is tattooed over his pupils. That would explain a great deal.

donkhater
11-17-2002, 03:15 PM
I agree with keg. You guys just don't ****ing get it.

Green is tough, he's well liked by his team, and seems to be a good leader. He played a good game today. Was one of the keys to the win.

But he's not all that.

Travis Henry tore through the Chiefs like a hot knife through butter today. Why? KC was scared to death of what Bledsoe can do and rightfully so.

Priest struggled until the fourth and has been so-so recently. Why? Because defenses are stacking the line. It is SOOOO obvious that they'd rather take their chances with Green throwing than with Priest running.

Since teams have went to that philosophy (3 games) KC's offense has scored around 17 ppg. Green has thrown ONE touchdown. TO THE FULLBACK!!

I don't blame Green. He does the most with his ability and I applaud him for it. I root like hell for him to succeed. But he is never going to be an elite QB. He just doesn't have the talent. The offense will struggle this season until Saunders finds a way to put him in a position to succeed.

Why do you guys take this so personally?

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by htismaqe

The sign of the true fan. CP pulls up his sleeves and shows off his "pride" as he hops into his Camaro and rides off into the sunset.

Do I hear Night Ranger blaring on the Sparkomatic?

WisChief

Hey, can one of the mod's get us an "I'm not worthy" smilie?

keg in kc
Originally posted by ChiefsPride
Oh now I don't care if KC wins or not?? Are you ****ing kidding me? It made my week that KC won. It made my f*cking week. And it made it even more special that they won it on Trent Green's back. You sound happy.

"F*ck you! F*ck you! F*ck you!"

Yep, words of a man at peace with himself and his world.

Get a clue man.

And maybe some anger management.

headsnap
11-17-2002, 03:17 PM
WHAT A F*CKING MORON!!!!!

htismaqe
"Don't say that you love me. Don't say that you love me. Don't tell me...I don't want to knooooooooooow!"

ChiefsPride
;)

I love it. A one point win, and they still don't give Green any credit. Have a good week

;) ;)

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 03:18 PM
The Arrowhead is tattooed on my right shoulder... Hey, rip your sleeves off and you might have a career as a kicker in Tennessee.

Rausch

F*ck you doubters.

Right back at ya'......

keg in kc
;)

I love it. A one point win, and they still don't give Green any credit. Have a good week

;) ;) Have you read the game thread?

Most of us RAVED about Green on there...

Oh, but wait, then you wouldn't have anything to whine about like a little girl bragging about her press-on fake tatoo. Nevermind.

KCWolfman
11-17-2002, 03:19 PM
HT - It is "Don't TELL ME you love me" not "Don't say you love me"...

Besides, I believe they are usually partial to southern rock bands, not Canadian ones.....

"Freebird forever mannnnn"

The Bad Guy
Green's a winner. Call me a homer, call me whatever you like. I am a KC fan through and through. The Arrowhead is tattooed on my right shoulder...

You should have jackass tattooed on your forehead.

Green played a gritty game today. Not a great game, but just enough to win.

But, to say Green is a winner proves how stupid you are.

a 11-16 record here would prove otherwise. As would his record with the Skins and Rams.

htismaqe
I love it. A one point win, and they still don't give Green any credit. Have a good week.

Check out my "Game Ball" thread. Then come back if you understand.

Oh yeah, see you next week.

ChiefsPride
11-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Go check your own thread p*ssy. You know you would have never started a thread like that if it weren't for me calling your b*tch *** out.

Have a good week...

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:20 PM
HT - It is "Don't TELL ME you love me" not "Don't say you love me"...

Besides, I believe they are usually partial to southern rock bands, not Canadian ones.....

"Freebird forever mannnnn"

OK, so you just proved YOU are a fan. ;)

ChiefsPride screams "Play some Skynyrd MAN!" with lighter in hand.

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Go check your own thread p*ssy. You know you would have never started a thread like that if it weren't for me calling your b*tch *** out.

So it's true -- you can't read.

You called me out? :LOL:

You're more sensitive than Taco.

KCWolfman
11-17-2002, 03:21 PM
HT - That's the spirit!!!

"Why did .38 Special ever break up?"

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 03:22 PM
ChiefsPride sounds like my wife when she's PMSing.

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Who is the real Trent Green fan here?

The guy that's posted multiple times that he did a great job today, or the guy suggesting that the only reason people are saying it is because HE called they're bluff?

What a maroon.

DaWolf
11-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Look on the bright side. If you ripped off your sleeves, Gunther might give you a job. What a terrific head coach Gunther was. Oh BTW, and that Dan Stryzinski? What a baller! Props to him. F*ck everyone who doesn't support him! You people aren't true fans...

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 03:29 PM
This has to be one of the most incredible threads of the season. The Chiefs win, we're all happy (save for one), we're all giving Trent his props -- and yet we're still a bunch of ****ing assholes. Incredible.

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:30 PM
and yet we're still a bunch of ****ing assholes. Incredible.

Because we won't give Trent his props...:rolleyes:

headsnap
11-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Oh BTW, and that Dan Stryzinski? What a baller! Props to him. F*ck everyone who doesn't support him! You people aren't true fans...

actually I give the game ball to Lew Bush, he found a good way to stay off the field.

you f*cks aren't true fans...

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:33 PM

Am too...

I got the tatoo on my arm, the mullet on my head, and the "Honk if You're a Chiefs' Fan" bumper sticker on my SS Monte Carlo...

suds79
Haven't read all the post previous to this so just jumping in.....

But I'd venture to say that ChiefsPride has some serious anger management problems. ;)

I think the majority of BB members here have been pleased by his play this season so I don't know what he's talking about.

Good to see the Chiefs get a win this week. They needed it.

siberian khatru
And **** all of you who bash Bill Grigsby and don't acknowledge that he's a Hall of Fame broadcaster. He had a GREAT game today, showed a lot of gutsy balls and really handled the microphone well in the 4th quarter. He does that shit week in and week out, yet all you NON-FANS keep saying he's an Alzheimer's-riddled drunk. Well, **** YOU!!! This proves you wrong!!!

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:34 PM
I think the majority of BB members here have been pleased by his play this season so I don't know what he's talking about.

Some of us...okay, Pride...need to learn to understand "relativity". To him, wanting less dropped balls and underthrown passes on 3rd down means we hate Trent Green and want him benched.

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 03:35 PM
P.S. -- I've got Bill Grigsby's face tattoed on my ass. So there!

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 03:35 PM
And **** all of you who bash Bill Grigsby and don't acknowledge that he's a Hall of Fame broadcaster. He had a GREAT game today, showed a lot of gutsy balls and really handled the microphone well in the 4th quarter. He does that shit week in and week out, yet all you NON-FANS keep saying he's an Alzheimer's-riddled drunk. Well, **** YOU!!! This proves you wrong!!!

Screw you dude...nobody says "Prrrrice Chopperrr" like Grigs...

headsnap
11-17-2002, 03:36 PM

Am too...

I got the tatoo on my arm, the mullet on my head, and the "Honk if You're a Chiefs' Fan" bumper sticker on my SS Monte Carlo...

s#it!!:eek: If that's the price of admission I need to get my azz in gear and send in my Bengals fan application.:p

DaWolf
11-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by siberian khatru
showed a lot of gutsy balls

:Lin:

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2002, 03:39 PM
And I've got your ass tattooed on my face! So there!

alanm
11-17-2002, 04:10 PM
This has to be one of the most incredible threads of the season. The Chiefs win, we're all happy (save for one), we're all giving Trent his props -- and yet we're still a bunch of ****ing assholes. Incredible.

More like a dysfunctional family.:D

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by alanm

More like a dysfunctional family.:D

Or in this case, one truly dysfunctional family member. ;)

Frazod
11-17-2002, 04:13 PM

Is that the PRRRRRRRRRRRRRICE CHOPPER guy?

I hate it when he says PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRICE CHOPPER. That's annoying as hell.

Other than that, I have no problem with him.

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by frazod

You haven't heard his post-game lockerroom interviews? Blech.

Phobia
11-17-2002, 04:32 PM
Hey, can one of the mod's get us an "I'm not worthy" smilie?

At your service. :wayne:

Frazod
11-17-2002, 04:33 PM

You haven't heard his post-game lockerroom interviews? Blech.

Direct TV doesn't carry those, so no, I haven't.

PunkinDrublic
11-17-2002, 04:34 PM
It's our duty as Chiefs fans to be hard on our quarterbacks. The fact that Green has endured it and brought himself to play better says a lot about his heart.

siberian khatru
11-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by frazod

Direct TV doesn't carry those, so no, I haven't.

You can catch them over the Internet from KCFX's site (and others). After games, I sometimes leave the TV and listen to the postgame (I used to try to listen to the broadcast on the Internet while watching Sunday Ticket, but the delay became maddening, so I gave up and just watched the TV).

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 04:38 PM
I haven't listened to a TV broadcast in 3 years, thanks to KCFX.

Phobia
11-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Ya know, I'm just pleased that Trent Green decided to stop scoring so many meaningless TD's. Green was worried about Morten's leg wearing down, so he's doing just enough to win so we can save Morten's leg for the postseason. Kudos! He's a great leader!

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 04:55 PM

**** you, Tim. Real fans know Grigsby.

Prrrrrrrrice Chopper. :wayne:

SnapDogg
11-17-2002, 05:06 PM
FEB that doesn't think Griggz is BE-EUTIFUL!

Wilson
11-17-2002, 06:08 PM
What will he do first?

Chief Chief
11-17-2002, 07:15 PM
Where does the Bills defense rank in the league? No need to reply: I hear you stammering already.

htismaqe
11-17-2002, 07:21 PM
The new guy gets in the discussion. WELCOME CHIEF CHIEF!

WisChief
11-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by pHoBiA

At your service. :wayne:

Thank you sir!

And to all those that have an Arrowhead tattoed on their body:

:wayne:

philfree
11-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Trent is tough and a leader. He took some hard hits today one of which was a cheap shot at his knees. He responded with gutsy play. Trent, You da man!:toast:

PhilFree:arrow:

Redcoats58
11-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Trent deserves props today.He is making smart throws and I think he will continue to play the same the rest of the season.Keep proving everyone wrong Trent they will come around.

PHOG
11-17-2002, 07:50 PM
1 years difference, LAST year, he would've run around like the biggest RED COCK, thinking: I'm going to **** up so bad that everyone thinks I'm a dumb ****: FAST FOWARD; I could still see that he was thinking about throwing it : but what did he do?

Chiefshrink
11-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Pride,
You going on Oprah to defend him there as well?

Phobia
11-17-2002, 08:42 PM
Thank you sir!

And to all those that have an Arrowhead tattoed on their body:

:wayne:

Hover your cursor over the image the next time.

HeadArrow
11-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Chief Chief
Where does the Bills defense rank in the league? No need to reply: I hear you stammering already.

I believe they fall right ahead of the Chiefs D.

Bledsoe could only score 16 points against the 32 defense, with a pick at a critical point. If Green had thrown that INT, the TrINT guys would be all over this board.

So.. Let ChiefsPride have his day. The bashers have certainly had theirs when Green didn't deserve it.

Sorry, I forgot to add **** all of you and the ***ing horse you rode in on. (nothing personal, just wanted to fit in on this thread).

Phobia
11-17-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by HeadArrow
So.. Let ChiefsPride have his day. The bashers have certainly had theirs when Green didn't deserve it.

I'll let CP have his day when Green puts up 4 TD's & 400 yards. To read his topic, one would assume that happened today.

tommykat
11-17-2002, 08:58 PM

I'll let CP have his day when Green puts up 4 TD's & 400 yards. To read his topic, one would assume that happened today.

Just curious Phob, what besides what you just stated would make you a believer in Trent? :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

Chiefaholic
11-17-2002, 08:59 PM
This is the very reason I rarely post here. Some of you take this board waaaaaaaaaaaay too personally.

tommykat
11-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Chiefaholic
This is the very reason I rarely post here. Some of you take this board waaaaaaaaaaaay too personally.

Not taking anything persoanlly.......I was just asking. I know him so I was just curious.

PHOG
11-17-2002, 09:04 PM
What did Green have against MIAMI??:rolleyes:

tk13
11-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Has Trent been great? No he definitely has not. I'm still fairly happy with him though, because he is making the key plays. He hasn't been able to carry the team with his arm, but he's helped us out at least, especially in the clutch. If he hasn't performed well late in games, I'd probably be more weary about him, but as long as we keep it close he's done a good job.

The Cleveland win, he was solid, and he made a great play to actually pitch the ball to Tait which allowed us to actually be in FG range after the helmet toss. I think that little bit of creativity gets overlooked in the whole "helmet toss" debacle. Yeah Rudd was a moron, but without Green and Tait's thinking, we don't win that game.

The Miami game, he was great. I don't even think I have to go into details here.

Today, he wasn't spectacular, had a solid first drive, but that's about it. But in the 4th, when the chips were down, he made a couple real gutsy plays. One put us ahead and the other iced the game.

That's 3 of our 5 wins right there. As long as Priest and the D can keep it together, I truly believe Green's good enough to help us finish it off... and right now I think that's good enough. It's a lot better than last year... and he's not had an INT in 3 of his last 4 games now... so I don't think he's that far from the "Trent Dilfer" level that some people wanted him to play at.

Phobia
11-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by PHOG
What did Green have against MIAMI??:rolleyes:

Oh, he had a great day against Miami. If this topic had appeared then, I'd be happy to listen to Pride and chew on some crow. Green didn't even throw for 200 yards today. You wouldn't guess that by reading Pride's topic header....

Chiefaholic
11-17-2002, 09:12 PM
That post wasn't diescted directly at you, Tommycat. It was directed at the board in general. Considering all of us are "true Chief fans" (we obviously are or we wouldn't be here), the majority here argues too much.

As far as Trent... He may not be the best in the league. But, he's good enough to get us to the Superbowl (with the supporting cast around him). As long as he's wearing the Red and Gold, I'll always be a strong supporter of Green.

Phobia
11-17-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by tommykat
Just curious Phob, what besides what you just stated would make you a believer in Trent? :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

400 yards and 4 TD's isn't going to make me a believer. Improved decision making will. He has improved. A LOT. I'm NOT bashing the guy. Isn't that enough?

I'll let you know when I've become comfortable with Green at QB.

NaptownChief
11-17-2002, 09:16 PM
I can't imagine what the title to this thread would have been if Green actually had thrown a TD pass or two...

Chiefaholic
11-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Phobia...

Trent was on the sideline the vast majority of the first half. Not everythings about stats. Buffalo did a very good job of keeping our offense off the field. While our defense did a very good job as well by limiting their team to only 16 points in the process.

Phobia
11-17-2002, 09:20 PM
holic,

I know. I'm not saying Green had a bad game, but it's certainly not the first one he's gonna dig out of the video vault to show the grandkids....

ChiefsPride is posting as though Green just had a career defining game. Not so.

VonneMarie
11-17-2002, 09:21 PM
I never doubt Trent Green he's effin AWESOME !

tommykat
11-17-2002, 09:24 PM

400 yards and 4 TD's isn't going to make me a believer. Improved decision making will. He has improved. A LOT. I'm NOT bashing the guy. Isn't that enough?

I'll let you know when I've become comfortable with Green at QB.

Fair enough Phob....;)

HeadArrow
11-17-2002, 09:26 PM

Oh, he had a great day against Miami. If this topic had appeared then, I'd be happy to listen to Pride and chew on some crow. Green didn't even throw for 200 yards today. You wouldn't guess that by reading Pride's topic header....

He threw the ball 20 times, for 197 yards, 9.85 yards per attempt. Put that with the key runs, he did more than his share today.

He had a better day than Bledsoe.

HeadArrow
11-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Sorry, didn't post fast enough to catch your last reply Phobia.

How about we drop all this crap back and forth and CELEBRATE A CHIEFS WIN.

WE WON DAMMIT. WE WON.

tk13
11-17-2002, 09:29 PM
WE WON DAMMIT. WE WON.

Really? It's hard to tell sometimes from what you read.... :D ;)

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 09:36 PM

So.. Let ChiefsPride have his day. The bashers have certainly had theirs when Green didn't deserve it.This ain't about ChiefsPride 'having his day'. A lot of the shit he's dished-out in the last 24 hours has been directed at me, and I'm not even a Green basher. I just happen to have the audacity to (gasp) say that I'm not particularly happy with the way that Green has played, and that includes today's game, where his two great runs cover up the fact that he was ineffective and inefficient yet again throwing the ball, which is his job.

That's not bashing, that's stating facts...

When I say Green hasn't completed more than 60% of his passes in any of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say Green is averaging less than 200 yards passing in each of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green has a 1:1 TD/INT ratio in the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green is averaging less than 1 TD pass in the last five games, that's a fact.

And when I say that the offense, as a whole, is averaging under 17 points/game in the last three games, that's a fact, too.

Do I expect more from Green?

Yes.

Do I believe we NEED more from Green if we want to finish over .500?

Absolutely.

Am I bashing Green?

Hell no. I never have, and I never will.

I'm doing the same thing I do to those guys on defense: giving a frank opinion on the way they've played. When they play well, I say it. When they don't, I say that, too. Ditto for Green. And ditto for anyone else on the team.

And today, Trent Green saved an utterly unforgettable performance at quarterback by making two HUGE key runs that won the game for us every bit as much as Warfield's INT.

That's what makes me 'not a true fan' in ChiefsPride's eyes.

F*ck me, 'cause voicing my opinion -- not to mention voicing FACTS -- means I'm not a true believer... :rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2002, 09:44 PM
...today.

Phob can we get a smilie that carries a crucifix or something?

Something to indicate the pain that ChiefsPride has to live with each day?

Or an infant smilie suckling?

WilliamTheIrish

philfree
11-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Trent completed exactly 60% of his passes today and had a QB rating of 93.1 and his two 4th qtr scrambles won the game. He's leading the offense and making good decisions what more could someone expect.

keg in kc
11-17-2002, 09:54 PM
A 60% completion rate is not particularly good. The coaching staff wants (expects) 65-70% from Green, and so do I. His QB rating for today is high because of his yards/attempt, which was very good, and would have been even more phenomenal had he not missed several key open receivers, most notably a wide-open Johnnie Morton. And, for the third game in the last five, he didn't throw a touchdown pass.

And if you're wondering why I key so much on 65%, here's why: we've never lost a game where he completed 65% or more of his passes. 7-0. Including today, when he's under 65%, we've only won 4 of 19.

But enough of this. I want to enjoy today's win, instead of dissect it. The team gets a night to celebrate, and I want mine too. :D

Phobia
11-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by WilliamTheIrish
...today.

Phob can we get a smilie that carries a crucifix or something?

Something to indicate the pain that ChiefsPride has to live with each day?

Or an infant smilie suckling?

WilliamTheIrish

How 'bout this one? Careful, contents under pressure! http://www.orangemane.com/YaBBImages/bomb.gif

stumppy
11-17-2002, 10:01 PM
All this talk about F@cking is making me horny.:p

stevieray
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Same old Qb story in KC. It won't ever change.
Percentage of passes completed, falling back on Priest, can't go downfield...doesn't matter...some here will never give him true respect, because in the back of their mind, they believe he will fail. Even when he wins games for us, like today. His third down scramble and headfirst score to take the lead while injured isn't enough.

Yup, same old story.

HeadArrow
11-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Keg-

That's like me "stating facts" by saying Priest just isn't doing well the past five games.

Fact: He's averaged 2.7, 4.7, 4.0, 4.6 and 3.4 yards per attempt the last 5 games.

The Chiefs really "want" 5.5 yards per attempt.

Priest would have had an "utterly unforgettable performance" today as well, if not for the fourth quarter.

Face it, you just don't like the guy and never will. I don't think that makes you a traitor or anything, just not too bright. But, you're entitled to your opinion and so is CP.

HALLAFRIGINLUYA!! THE CHIEFS WON!!!

HeadArrow
11-17-2002, 10:08 PM
For those who don't understand sarcasm, I DON"T THINK PRIEST HOLMES ISN'T DOING HIS JOB. I LOVE THE GUY AND THINK HE'S THE BEST BACK IN THE LEAGUE.

Wanted to clear that up just in case there was a misunderstanding.

philfree
11-17-2002, 10:09 PM
In the NFL 60% completions is the benchmark. At least from everything I've ever heard coaches want their QBs to throw 60% or better. Trent did miss a TD today and hasn't thrown a TD for two games. Conversely he hasn't throw an INT for the last two games either. Trent took some hard hits today but he never got shook and and then he won the game on hobbled legs. He's earned my respect and I bet his team mates feel the same way.

tk13
11-17-2002, 10:11 PM
I really don't know what to think. It really all depends on what your expectations are of Trent... do you want him to be great or do you want to be just enough to get by? It's hard to really argue this with anyone because everyone has a different standard they hold him too, although I get the feeling that few feel that he's meeting that standard.

whoman69
11-17-2002, 11:22 PM
My problem with Trent is his inability to put the Chiefs in winning situations. When is too much success a good thing? When it comes too quickly. The offense was not giving the defense a chance in many games this year. Trent has not been able to control the clock even with the premier running back and tight end in football. That has left the defense on the field too long too often. Sort of like the Chargers used to do when they had Fouts as their QB. His job was to put point on the board, or so he thought. The job of the QB is to put more points on the board than the opponent and Fouts and now Green do not do that. When Trent has looked good, he looked very good. But look at his best game of the year against Miami. The game was up in the air 'til the last despite several Dolphin turnovers and a poor game by their QB and RB. The complaint last year when he was throwing all the INTs was that he had no receivers. This year when they have the receivers he cannot hit them. His completion percentage is a mirage of dumped off passes to Priest, who has yet to be able to run with the ball after catch as effectively as Faulk. At one point in the season his run average was higher than his per catch average.
Long and the short, Trent is not the man to lead us to the promised land I have been waiting for 32 years now.

ChiefsPride
11-17-2002, 11:24 PM
My problem is simply this. To come on this board at halftime, after the Defense was on the field for the entire first half, and the Pats having a 20 minute+ to 9 minute+ possession advantage, and still read that were losing because Trent Green is not doing his job is pathetic and ridiculous. You can throw up stat after stat over the last 5 games. Or the last 10 games for that matter. You can throw out statisitics and call them facts. But the fact of the whole matter is that Trent Green is the best QB we've had here in a long time. He carried the team today. You don't have to throw for 400+ yards, and 4 TD's to carry a team. I don't want you bashers to tell me Green's a great QB. I don't want you to tell me he's a good QB. All I want is for the people that say Green is a no talent bum, that he is mediocre at best, that he is a waste of a first round pick...Own up to the fact that he's more than that, and that he's had a very good year, and carried KC today. Every sports anchor and every coach knows that if our Defense was even mediocre, we would have a lot better record than 5-5. But to come on here at halftime after watching the Defense play as terrible as any defense I have seen play....And to still lay the blame on Green?? That's a little to much for me to take.

I've been a big Green fan since I read his life story. Then I met the guy, and I have never met a Pro Athlete that respectful, especially to youngsters. He's a solid leader on and off the field. I just don't see the fun in calling him a loser, TrINT, or any other stupid *** name when he busts his *** every Sunday, and is a standup guy. I just don't find the humor in it.

Taco John
11-18-2002, 12:38 AM
Boy, your offense sure looked inept today for the little that I got to see... Amazing to see your defense keep you in this one... Congratulations.

I'll keep doubting Trent Green.

Taco

RNR
11-18-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Taco_John
Boy, your offense sure looked inept today for the little that I got to see... Amazing to see your defense keep you in this one... Congratulations.

I'll keep doubting Trent Green.

Taco Whats up Taco I am surprised you have not lost the sig yet ;) btw that pic at the bottom is LOLF. where did you get it?

Rain Man
11-18-2002, 12:50 AM
Green certainly played well today, and he's surpassed my hopes for the year. I'm a fan.

Taco John
11-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Nice... I forgot i can change sigs now....

A Chiefs fan here found the pic... I just kiped it... ;)

Logical
11-18-2002, 12:53 AM
This thread is either the most pathetic or funniest thread I have read on this BB in a long time. Way to go folks!:eek:

Iowanian
11-18-2002, 09:06 AM
For some reason I'm reminded of the saturday night live skit where the porchHonky locks his wife in the oven...

For some reason...I'm guessing the local 5-0 is heading to a trailer park for a domestic disturbance.

The Defense gets credit for this win..Holding Buffalo to 16. Trent IS an average QB in my estimation...He did play hard yesterday, took some good shots and got back up.....But he also missed some passes to open WR.
I could list a dozen quarterbacks in the league that I think are more talented.

Being a nice guy, and stand up citizen doesn't complete a pass 20 yards down the field to a WR....

voyager
11-18-2002, 09:34 AM
We must be realistic about this. The Chiefs' coaches have a leash on Green. They are not throwing the deep ball with Green...and for good reason.

Also, Buffalo is an average team with an average defense. Green should have performed even better in the game, and the Chiefs should have scored at least 24 pts. in the game. It is obvious the other teams are shutting down Gonzo, knowing that Kennison and Morton aren't going to hurt them badly. Green and the Chiefs need to score more points. They were fortunate to win the Buffalo game, and we all know it. For the most part, Green should be playing even better than what he has been this year.

Don't let this game confuse your sense of reality. You have to consider the teams the Chiefs are playing. The offense should be playing better than what it has been the last three or four weeks. The Chiefs have tough games remaining against San Diego, Denver, Oakland, and St. Louis. I don't think they will make the playoffs, and they will probably finish the season at 7-9 to 9-7. However, I do hope they prove me wrong.

voyager...the realist

NewChief
11-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by voyager

voyager...the realist

Amusing, for a guy who spends the majority of his life fantasizing about what could have been or what might be in the draft.

KCChiefsMan
11-18-2002, 09:45 AM
Green played really well yesterday, but our offense needs to be more efficient than it has been the last 3 weeks. We are more than capable of scoring more points, I think we were pretty conservative and we just weren't getting the job done on O. If our offense can come back to life AND our defense keeps this play up we will make the playoffs.

BigChiefFan
11-18-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by KCCh!efsMan
Green played really well yesterday, but our offense needs to be more efficient than it has been the last 3 weeks. We are more than capable of scoring more points, I think we were pretty conservative and we just weren't getting the job done on O. If our offense can come back to life AND our defense keeps this play up we will make the playoffs.
I agree,I wish we were scoring more points,but IMO,I believe the Chiefs played more conservatively yesterday to keep the D off of the field and to sway the time of possession to wear out the Bills.While I would definitely like to score alot more points,I do understand their approach to yesterday's second half.The Chiefs chose to run more clock on less possessions to help our D,rather than getting into a shoot-out with the Bills.It paid off.GO CHIEFS!!!!

wazu
11-18-2002, 10:49 AM
F*ck you ChiefsPride! TrINT Green SUCKS! He has no business being a starting QB! BENCH HIM NOW!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

htismaqe
11-18-2002, 10:59 AM
Keg-

That's like me "stating facts" by saying Priest just isn't doing well the past five games.

You don't even know how right you are. Priest Holmes is my favorite Chiefs' player and the best RB we've possibly ever had here. But he hasn't been as effective lately. Is it his fault? Is the offensive line's? Is it the defense?

So now that I've said he's not being as effective, does that mean I don't like him? Does that make me a doubter?

NO.

The WHOLE reason this started is because some people are either too stupid or too blind to realize that criticism can be constructive and even people that are happy can realize that there's room for improvement.

There are 16.5 million colors between black and white, yet some people can't seem to see it.

The Rick
11-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by voyager
voyager...the realist

Does anyone else view this as the ultimate example of an oxymoron? ROFL

NewChief
11-18-2002, 11:05 AM
[b]

The WHOLE reason this started is because some people are either too stupid or too blind to realize that criticism can be constructive and even people that are happy can realize that there's room for improvement.

There are 16.5 million colors between black and white, yet some people can't seem to see it.

I agree that there is constructive criticism, but there's plenty of folks on this board that don't offer it. They seem intent on calling Trent a "lowercase bono" a "waste of a draft pick" and any number of other things that aren't constructive in the least, but instead show their ingrained bias against Trent. Then there are those, such as yourself, Brad, and Phobia, who might piss and moan a bit from time to time, but also give credit where it's due when Trent plays well.

htismaqe
11-18-2002, 11:08 AM
People like Nap, Chuck, and others have all labelled Green a waste of a 1st round pick in the past.

NONE of that has happened in WEEKS, maybe even since the season began.

Why? Because Green is playing better. But can he play better still? Absolutely.

There are some that are happy with his performance, but this team is 5-5 and yes, he IS a part of that.

Phobia
11-18-2002, 11:16 AM
People like Nap, Chuck, and others have all labelled Green a waste of a 1st round pick in the past.

I'll ALWAYS label him a waste of a 1st round pick, too. Was that his fault? Nope. It was a ridiculous move on the part of this team's management.

Has he performed better lately? Yes. Does he have poor games? Yes. Does he have career games (Miami)? Yes. I don't know where I'm going with this....

RNR
11-18-2002, 11:19 AM

I'll ALWAYS label him a waste of a 1st round pick, too. Was that his fault? Nope. It was a ridiculous move on the part of this team's management.

Has he performed better lately? Yes. Does he have poor games? Yes. Does he have career games (Miami)? Yes. I don't know where I'm going with this.... So are you going to keep f***ing doubting Green or not? ;)

htismaqe
11-18-2002, 11:20 AM
Where you're going with that is that you can believe that Green was a waste of a 1st round pick and STILL support him as our QB.

Some people here think that it is an either/or proposition.

NewChief
11-18-2002, 11:20 AM

NONE of that has happened in WEEKS, maybe even since the season began.

On 11/15/2002
ck_IN wrote:

Any success this O has had has been directly attributable to Mr. Holmes. Green has either realized, or been made to realize, that he's not a play-maker. That's he's not a franchise QB. Mr. Green has 'Dilfered' himself and the team has benefited.

The SF game was a classic case of Green trying to not be Dilfer. I don't know who's idea it was but it's clearly obvious.

Green is and will continue to be the weak link on this teams O. Hopefully the wizkids will continue to feed Holmes. As long as they do, we have a chance. However I firmly believe that hubris will force them to give Green the ball, and he'll kill us when he tries to be the anti-Dilfer.

He's a lowercase Bono. Nothing more.

On 11/15/2002
Otter wrote:

Green is nothing but another over-priced, mediocre talent, never was that will fall in the ranks of Bono, Grbac, DeBerg and Collins. If you haven’t seen it by now, you will in retrospect.

When Peterson is gone and NFL gurus reflect his tenure it will no doubt be known as one of his biggest and perpetual blunders.

Same ol, same ol

On 11/15/2002
Shane69 wrote:

I guess I'm almost back to the point of giving Quinn a chance this year to see if he could be our '03 QB.

Voyager wrote:

He would be a good backup for a team at QB. The Chiefs have been going with a short-passing game because they don't trust Green on deeper pass routes.

These are all from a single thread.

htismaqe
11-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Wow, I missed 5 whole people.

The simple fact remains:

I can be critical of Green and still be happy that he is our QB.

Phobia
11-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by RedNeckRaider
So are you going to keep f***ing doubting Green or not? ;)

:D Probably. Believe me, I'd LOVE to have some confidence in him, it's just that when he's scrambling or rearing back to heave a deep ball, I just know it's going to be an INT. Thankfully, we haven't seen too much of either lately.

NewChief
11-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Wow, I missed 5 whole people.

The simple fact remains:

I can be critical of Green and still be happy that he is our QB.

That sampling was from a single post on a single day. I'm sure I could fine plenty more within the last couple of weeks. Hell, just look at anything football related that lazarus posts;) He's sure to get a shot in on Green.

I'm not disputing with your argument that you can be critical and still be a fan. Of course, I'll not buy that you're happy he's the Chief's QB either. I just think that many of you that might have less than stellar opinions of Trent sometimes pass over some of the negative things that are posted, whereas people like CP really take not of it. Eventually it builds up and you get a post like the initial one for this thread.

htismaqe
11-18-2002, 11:30 AM
ChiefsPride singled me out. He played with fire and he got burned.

You'll notice that none of those posts you quoted were from me. I've never compared Green to Bono. I've never called for him to be cut.

Have I been critical of him? You damn bet. He DESERVES it. His play as of late leaves a lot to be desired.

Multi1
11-18-2002, 11:35 AM
Ya know, I'm just pleased that Trent Green decided to stop scoring so many meaningless TD's. Green was worried about Morten's leg wearing down, so he's doing just enough to win so we can save Morten's leg for the postseason. Kudos! He's a great leader!

Now............there's a true fan if I ever saw one!!!(tic)

LVNHACK
11-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Enough already CP, It's hard to take you or your opinions seriously when you continually rant and threaten posters who don't agree with you. Would you act like this if you were looking them in the eye, I for one doubt it. It's easy to tell someone to F- off when your hiding behind a monitor.

Oh, by the way see you next week.

Phobia
11-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by TomCash
Now............there's a true fan if I ever saw one!!!(tic)

You're just gonna have to let the schoolgirl crush go, Tom. Even a fan of average intelligence can detect that post is a sarcastic barb directed at somebody else. Add one more IQ point and you might even be able to marry my sig to the statement.

RNR
11-18-2002, 11:50 AM
This is not a slam at Tom as I have nothing against him, you guys should come up with a icon for replies that go over someones head.

Phobia
11-18-2002, 11:52 AM
This is not a slam at Tom as I have nothing against him, you guys should come up with a icon for replies that go over someones head.

You mean a TommyKat smilie?

RNR
11-18-2002, 11:56 AM

You mean a TommyKat smilie? One for times like this, what is a TommyKat smilie? heck look at the up side you could use it on me atleast twice a week!

Phobia
11-18-2002, 12:00 PM
One for times like this, what is a TommyKat smilie? heck look at the up side you could use it on me atleast twice a week!

It's nothing thus far. But, it we had such a smilie, surely I would name it the TK Smilie....

RNR
11-18-2002, 12:04 PM

It's nothing thus far. But, it we had such a smilie, surely I would name it the TK Smilie.... That is what I thought. My sister was online and got compared to TK and asked if that was a bad thing, I said no that would be a good thing.

Phobia
11-18-2002, 12:06 PM
I said no that would be a good thing.

Yup - everybody loves TK!

Multi1
11-18-2002, 12:19 PM

You're just gonna have to let the schoolgirl crush go, Tom. Even a fan of average intelligence can detect that post is a sarcastic barb directed at somebody else. Add one more IQ point and you might even be able to marry my sig to the statement. .

I'm so overjoyed that you have determined that you are the only person on this board with a sense of humor.

As for I.Q. When you travel across the state line from Texas to OKlahoma I understand the average I.Q. of the whole state of Texas goes up.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2002, 07:51 PM
:eek:

These guys are entitled to their opinions, ChiefsPride. You're better than that, CP. When fans have concerns for their teams, thats what makes them good fans, just my opinion, I could be wrong. I have no doubt that everyone hear wants to see Green do well (except TJ, UD, etc).:toast:

Wilson
11-18-2002, 09:28 PM
ChiefsPride,

You gotta chill out dude.

Between that signature and this post, well, you seem pretty much psychotic.

If you keep letting other people get under your skin so easy your going to an easy target for every ball buster out there. And bellieve me, there's alot of them out there.

Ritalin, Prozac, Valium....

You may want to look into them!

Phobia
11-18-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Wilson
If you keep letting other people get under your skin so easy your going to an easy target for every ball buster out there. And bellieve me, there's alot of them out there.

I don't believe that for a second.

HeadArrow
11-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Iowanian
Post# 114

"I could list a dozen quarterbacks in the league that I think are more talented. "

Please let us see your list!

Being a nice guy, and stand up citizen doesn't complete a pass 20 yards down the field to a WR....

Can you tell me the receiving average (yards per catch) of Eddie Kennison, and then explain how it got there without Green passing 20 yards down the field? Please also explain how Green passed for 197 yards on 12 completions without throwing the ball 20 yards down the field?

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Bledsoe
Brady
Brooks
McNabb
Warner
Gannon(and his noodle arm)
Brees
Vick
Culpepper
Favre
Garcia

I like what I see of Pennington, Bulger, Carr and Harrington also.

Make no mistake....I'm pleased with the way Green has played this year for the most part.(especially when comparing last year)...but McNabb threw for more yards and 4 TD's with a broken leg...

Green has completed some long passes to Kennison.....if I get time I'll try to look up some average completion yards.....You'll find the majority of Greens are short, and swing passes/screens to Holmes.

I've also seen Green pretty consistently underthrow and or miss open WR downfield.

He's playing with heart and doing an acceptable job.....but to say he is a top QB in the league...is reaching...IMO.(which I'm entitled to)

Do your own Number comparisons here:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex/POS_QB

The numbers speak for themselves.....Bulger is blowing Green out of the water the past 5 games...and he was a 3rd string QB.

Mark M
11-19-2002, 10:39 AM
The only thing I have to add to this thread is something for ChiefsPride:

http://www.prozac.com/

MM
~~Thinks someone needs to relax

philfree
11-19-2002, 10:41 AM
QB Stats (http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002)

Green has completed some long passes to Kennison.....if I get time I'll try to look up some average completion yards.....You'll find the majority of Greens are short, and swing passes/screens to Holmes.

Trent is 4th in the league in YPA.

What McNabb did on sunday was one of the all time gutsy performances by an NFL QB. Unbelieveable! I don't think we should try and hold that as the standard for QBs though. It's more like the pennacle.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 10:49 AM
Phill,

Is that taking into account all the 3 yard "gannon passes" to Holmes who runs for 25yac?

I'm looking....and I'm just not seeing the #'s of completions to a WR that I'd expect from a top flight QB....but I am noticing ALOT of underthrown balls in their general direction.

Using your same stat source....could you please show me where the KC WR is located in the top 25 in the league?
http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rec&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002

NewChief
11-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Iowanian

..but I am noticing ALOT of underthrown balls in their general direction.

Where do you get the stats for underthrown balls? I didn't realize that the NFL was assigning errors these days.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 10:56 AM
Its not a stat....watch the games.

You'll know the underthrown balls when you see them.....they're the ones that bounce 5 yards behind the wide open WR 30yards downfield.

I'm not saying Green sucks. Don't mistake my argument...but he isn't a top flight, frachise type QB.

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 10:57 AM
Where do you get the stats for underthrown balls?

He watches the games.

Now there's a novel idea...

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm not saying Green sucks. Don't mistake my argument...but he isn't a top flight, frachise type QB.

You can't have it both ways, Roy. Either you think he sucks or you don't. The world is black and white and this is an either/or proposition.

So choose already you ****head ****ing mother ****er...

;)

stevieray
11-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Only Green is not allowed to have an errant throw. Every other QB is allowed...

philfree
11-19-2002, 11:03 AM
WR Stats (http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rec&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002)

Using your same stat source....could you please show me where the KC WR is located in the top 25 in the league?

Atcually Kennison is 26th in the league, however, he does lead the league in Yard Per Catch and he ain't getting that from the YAC.
IMO here lately Trents misses have been over thrown as much as anything.

NewChief
11-19-2002, 11:05 AM
Where do you get the stats for underthrown balls?

He watches the games.

Now there's a novel idea...

You miss my point:

If you all refuse to see where subjectivity comes into the viewing of a game, then I can't really help you out.

I'll be the first to admit that my opinions definitely cloud the way I watch the game. I'd hope that you all can do the same, but I doubt it. You feel that you're totally objective and have no preferences that might shade the way you perceive things while watching a game.

Trent makes bad throws, bad decisions, etc...

The receivers also run the wrong routes, fall down, and drop passes.

However, the person that stakes their Chiefsplanet reputation on Green failing, tends to key in on Trent's mistakes. The person that stakes their reputation on Green succeeding might key in on the receivers' mistakes. Now, since this isn't a black and white world, I'm willing to acknowledge that there are lesser degrees of biases to watch a game through, but everyone still has their little Green/Anti-Green colored glasses, in my opinion, even if some of them might be significantly lighter or darker in shade.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Stevie,

I don't expect any qb to go 25-25 every week. Green is making me happy by not throwing 2-3 ints per game. says alot for my qb expectations huh.

I think he is doing alright this year. Flip the Script.
How many of you guys that want to spoon in the nude with Green after a long warm shower think he deserves a top 10 QB contract after the season?

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:11 AM
and his RB Priest Holmes is 14th in receptions.....alot of those sure are 75 yard bombs.

Kennison has what...33 receptions......doing a sort on receptions and Holmes is the only "reciever" Green has thrown to enough to be in the top 50...but I'll have to dig further on another list that allows me to search low enough to find a KC WR in receptions.....the top 50 list ends at 39receptions.

while, one can find 2 Buffalo WRs in the top 5. The difference? Bledsoe throws the ball down field.(also credit wr talent in Buff.)

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 11:13 AM
However, the person that stakes their Chiefsplanet reputation on Green failing, tends to key in on Trent's mistakes. The person that stakes their reputation on Green succeeding might key in on the receivers' mistakes.

How about the MAJORITY of us, who would like to see marginal improvement from both Green AND the WR's, as well as major improvement in the defense?

Labelling us doubters is rather pretentious, don't you think?

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by stevieray

You know... Nothing against you or your little argument here (which I've seen other people use ie. Titus)... But it's incredibly weak. Tell Kordell Stewart that he's allowed to have errant throws... Or Jay Fiedler... Or Brian Griese... Or Jeff Garcia... There are few quarterbacks that are given leeway on errant throws... and the ones that are have earned it by being Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, or Donovan McNabb...

Get over it. Until TrINT Green wins something worthwhile, he's going to get criticized by the Chiefs fan base.

nmt1
11-19-2002, 11:16 AM

You know... Nothing against you or your little argument here (which I've seen other people use ie. Titus)... But it's incredibly weak. Tell Kordell Stewart that he's allowed to have errant throws... Or Jay Fiedler... Or Brian Griese... Or Jeff Garcia... There are few quarterbacks that are given leeway on errant throws... and the ones that are have earned it by being Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, or Donovan McNabb...

Get over it. Until TrINT Green wins something worthwhile, he's going to get criticized by the Chiefs fan base.

I think stevieray meant that those other QB's get a pass from people here who would be labeled Greenbashers.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
I guarantee that I want Green to be successful every single week. I can guarantee you that I've never been happy to see him have a bad game. I guarantee that I'm not one of the "green bashers".

so, once again......Do you "believers think the Green deserves a long term, top 5-10, Franchise QB type contract at the end of the season?

While we're at it and defending arguments....you called for my list of 12 better QBs.....Add Peyton Manning to my list and please tell me which of the ones I listed(at your request) you would NOT take over Green.( I wouldn't take Gannon in particular due to age)

stevieray
11-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Spoon..lol

I think what stands out are the intangibles that help a team reach great heights. Rushing for first downs. 200 yards rushing...a lot of those yards kept drives alive. Won the game against Buffalo getting that first... Heads up thinking...Cleveland. Playing hurt..not only last year, but in this last game. This alone really earns the respect of your teammates. Success in the two minute drill..not every time, but enough to have hope for a win.

everyone keeps screaming about a top notch QB, but very few of those exist. Players like Vick, McNabb, Culpepper are the new mold, because that is what the current game requires...Players are so big and so fast...And besides, all Green does is what Al tells him to do. This game would be totally different if QB's HAD to call their own plays.

Tac-o, my point is other Qb's don't get nitpicked on every missed pass.

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nmt1

I think stevieray meant that those other QB's get a pass from people here who would be labeled Greenbashers.

Why shouldn't Chiefs fans give "those other QBs" a pass? WTF do Chiefs fans care if Fiedler throws an errant pass here and there?

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:24 AM
I DO like alot of things about Green.....I like that he appears to be a "team player", I like that he is a good "community guy"(so is Dilfer)...I like that he accepts responsibility when he screws up, I like his heart....diving head first for the endzone to win the game.....

Green recieved several cheers from me, and comments on the shots he took and got back up....

Don't lump me in the "green sucks" crowd.....But feel free to put me in the "Green isn't Quarterback Jesus" club.

I see several positions that I'd like to see improved with outside players Before Green if that makes you feel any better.

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:26 AM

Tac-o, my point is other Qb's don't get nitpicked on every missed pass.

The hell they don't. I'm willing to bet that this is about the only message board you visit with any regularity if you think that is the case. Brian Griese has won 7 games for us, and he gets criticized each and every game for the stuff he didn't do right... There are Dolphins fans, who despite going on a skid with Lucas, still criticize Fiedler for some of the stuff they think he does wrong. On the San Francisco board, there are fans who call Jeff Garcia a loser who will never be able to take them to the big game.

The stuff I read about Green is pretty mild compared to what a lot of the other teams do. He certainly doesn't have it any worse in KC than if he were in Denver or Miami.

philfree
11-19-2002, 11:26 AM
so, once again......Do you "believers think the Green deserves a long term, top 5-10, Franchise QB type contract at the end of the season?

Trent is the #10 QB in the league right now. If he finishes in the top ten then why wouldn't he deserve to be paid like a top ten QB? But then I don't think Trent will be hard to deal with in regards to doing a cap friendly contract. And what does next years contract have to do with Trents play right now? Why does money have to even be brought into the argument at this point? It really has nothing to do with what Trent is doing for and with the team right now. Trent is leading as good as any QB in the league right now IMO. And that's what really matters IMO.

stevieray
11-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Then fans have unrealistic expectations. Nitpicking every pass is BS.

Of course this the only football board I frequent....Why would I go anywhere else? And besides how is that relevant? You have 8000 posts here, your own board, and visit all those others sites?

You need to get out more, bud.

philfree
11-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Then fans have unrealistic expectations

:LOL: You been reading this board long enough to know that fans are unrealistic. Hell fans are unrealistically unrealistic.:LOL:

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Why would Chiefs' fans care what those other QB's do?

As for whether or not other cities scrutinize their QB the way we do? You bet your ASS they do.

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Then fans have unrealistic expectations. Nitpicking every pass is BS.

I would agree... My point is, it isn't an exclusive thing to Kansas City. So when you say:

...that's off base.

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:33 AM

As for whether or not other cities scrutinize their QB the way we do? You bet your ASS they do.

Amen to that. If you don't believe it, pop into the Orangemane, or Finheaven and read the exact same arguments you read here, only about Griese and Fiedler.

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm gonna take that one step further Taco...

Griese takes some shit, and I would guess that Chiefs' fans are marginally harder on Green...

But NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE in the NFL takes more shit from fans than Fiedler. Green has it good compared to him.

stevieray
11-19-2002, 11:37 AM
point taken.

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:39 AM
I would agree with that... Griese has a pretty decent base of support, though he's got PLENTY of detractors. The difference is, however, Griese has been winning games. If the Broncos were 5-4 or worse right now, it would be just as bad or worse than what Green is taking now... even though there are plenty of Broncos fans who are rejoicing his injury...

Fiedler takes a lot of crap too... But his supporters have been laying the wood to his bashers, especially after Lucas got in and went on such a horrible skid.

nmt1
11-19-2002, 11:40 AM

Why shouldn't Chiefs fans give "those other QBs" a pass? WTF do Chiefs fans care if Fiedler throws an errant pass here and there?

I think what was intimated was that these Greenbashers would rather have any QB in the NFL other than Green. They don't bother to look at the poor decisions, stats, etc. that other QB's have, they just know anyone would be better. Kind of a 'grass is greener' thing(no pun intended).

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by philfree

And what does next years contract have to do with Trents play right now? Why does money have to even be brought into the argument at this point? It really has nothing to do with what Trent is doing for and with the team right now.

Phil......you aren't serious?

The play of the QB has EVERYTHING to do with next years contract and the money expected.

While "statistically" Green is a top 10 QB....I can tell you that it is easier to "manipulate opinion" with statistics than it is in mapping....I can change a color scheme and sway opionion with 3 button clicks.

its all relative, and I for one hope the coaches/management look at the big picture more than "rating".

Taco John
11-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by nmt1

I think what was intimated was that these Greenbashers would rather have any QB in the NFL other than Green. They don't bother to look at the poor decisions, stats, etc. that other QB's have, they just know anyone would be better. Kind of a 'grass is greener' thing(no pun intended).

Of course, some of these other QBs can actually throw to their WRs.

NewChief
11-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Iowanian

its all relative, and I for one hope the coaches/management look at the big picture more than "rating".

I know that many people don't have much faith in the coaching staff, but I'd be pretty confident in their ability to see the big, big picture. We, the fans, see a big picture. They see much more in watching gamefilm repeatedly, being privy to who made the mistake on each poor play, and generally having more football knowledge than we do (as painful as that realization may be for some people;) )

Of course, they also might be wanting to spoon Green in the shower, which we know destroys all logic.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 11:52 AM
newchief.
You called me out to make a list....I did. Please respond as to which of those QBs you would NOT take over Green.

While I don't claim to be a Lombardi, I have participated in some football coaching....so I do know at least a little bit about things to look for.

philfree
11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
The play of the QB has EVERYTHING to do with next years contract and the money expected.

Yeah but what does next years contract have to do with the QBs play right now. I don't give a Shanarat's azz about what type of contrct he get's next year. Trent is leading the team and at this point it's just as much the intangibles as it is his stats that are making a good QB.

So tell me Mr. Iowanian, What is the big picture we and the coaches should all be looking at?...............After trading a 1st round pick for Trent Green we should just let it be "pissed away" because Trent did play decent and might cost us a little more to keep him? I don't get it. I'm not saying Trent is a great HOF type QB but he is the best leader we've had behind center in a long time. He has heart, character and is very coachable. He's won over his teammates IMO. He's earned the right to be our guy for a few more years. IMO. And he's still improving......

NewChief
11-19-2002, 12:00 PM
Actually, it wasn't me that asked for the list, and I don't care to respond to it. I've watched all those QB at one time or another, but I've not watched them to the extent that I've watched Green. Thus, I don't feel comfortable trying to make that comparison.

I'm not claiming objectivity here. I have my reasons for pumping Green up and supporting him. I'll admit that I'll likely do so regardless of his play. However, I think he's been playing much better this year than some here choose to give him credit for (I'm not pointing fingers at you Iowanian). I also think he's capable of playing even better and taking this team to an entirely new level. I'd love nothing more than to see Trent in a Chief's uniform for a long time, and see them have great success with him at the helm.

Phobia
11-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by NewChief
I know that many people don't have much faith in the coaching staff, but I'd be pretty confident in their ability to see the big, big picture.

That's bullshit. The current coaching staff knows their job security goes through next season. If they could somehow see into the future and know that Green's knee is gonna collapse and he'll never play another day past 2003, I really don't think that would make a bit of difference to their willingness to resign him longterm.

philfree
11-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Side Bar: These QB debates are really fun when both sides have enough ammo to actually have a debate.

Mark M
11-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by philfree
Side Bar: These QB debates are really fun when both sides have enough ammo to actually have a debate.

Agreed. :thumb:

Of course, I still think that Chiefs fan are notoriously hard on QBs(myself included at times). It seems that most fans will never be happy with who the Chiefs have under center.

MM
~~Would hate to be a QB in KC

nmt1
11-19-2002, 12:11 PM

Of course, some of these other QBs can actually throw to their WRs.

You mean some throw to their receivers at a greater rate than Green.

htismaqe
11-19-2002, 01:11 PM
That's bullshit. The current coaching staff knows their job security goes through next season. If they could somehow see into the future and know that Green's knee is gonna collapse and he'll never play another day past 2003, I really don't think that would make a bit of difference to their willingness to resign him longterm.

Do you really think the current staff cares THAT little about the team? You sound more bitter than reasonable.

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 01:50 PM
newchief...my mistake on calling you by name. my appology.

So...I take you're either related to or aquantinces with Trent Green?

I suppose its similar to a parent of an average looking kid putting them in beauty contests and not understanding why the judges can be so biased.

Philfree,
as far as 'big picture'....If I were King Carl in the offseason.....I'd look at several mitigating circumstances relating to QB success as much as failure.
ex. If a proven QB has a horrible year, but is playing behind a poor oline and is sacked a bazillion times...he gets more leeway.

How would Green do without the threat of Priest Holmes behind him and as a relief valve.(it sure looks to me like he goes to his outlet pretty quickly) Why can't he get the ball to Johnny Morton who has historically been able to get open enough for such Quarterbacking supa-stahs as Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch to hit for near 1000 yards....I'd look at the tape and see how many plays when he's dumped the ball to Holmes or 88, there WERE open WR down the field.
My feeling is that either by coaches choice, or his own doing(to minimize INTs) he is not taking chances down the field as often as this Offense would normally dictate.

With a solid Running game, and conservative passing routes...Trent Dilfer can win a superbowl........but it still doesn't make him worthy of Dan Marino Money.

I'm not completely against the Chiefs resigning Green...He can be affective...but imo, in the "big picture"....if the Coaches and management don't look for ways to improve EVERY position, they are doing the owner, and me as a fan a grave injustice. Its not difficult to say "we can't upgrade 88, 31, many of the Oline"...but if they don't look for ways to at least make those positions more productive through either scheme or personell changes....they aren't doing THEIR jobs.

it still baffles me why you can't relate the play of Green this year as relevant to contract negotiations for him next year.......the big picture for the KC Chiefs.

I was a Chief fan before this quarterback came along, and will be a fan long after he is gone...reguardless of his success/failure.

phillfree
11-19-2002, 03:43 PM
Iowanian, I'm sure the powers that be will look at every aspect of the team when the seasons over. Heck! They're probably doing it right now. And if they see a QB who is better suited to run the Chiefs offense I'm sure they will give it consideration. I would. But right now I don't know that there will be a QB better then Trent Green available. Exspecially if we're gonna try and get to the SuperBowl in DVs tenure. Do you have someone in mind?
As far as getting the ball to Morton as oppossed to dumping it off to Holmes. I think our biggest games on offense have come when Priest took those dump offs and did some serious damage. Maybe Trent was just making good decisions. Interestingly the last couple of games where we have been getting the ball to our WRs more we haven't scored as many points. And by the way since we have been trying to get the ball to our WRs more Trent has done so. The don't lose the game mentality that Dilfer played with in Baltimore is not even comparible to the scheme the Chiefs run. And the fact that we have tried to get the ball to our WRs more the last couple of weeks illustrates that our coaches are not having Green play with the same mentality as Dilfer's coaches had him do. They trust Green to run the offense and make the right decisions. IMO he's improving in that regard almost every game.
As far as Greens contract goes I don't think he's thinking about it right now. I don't think DV, Priest Holmes, Gonzo, Kennison, Will Shields or Willy Roaf are thinking about it either. I also think that Trent Green will be gald to negotiaote a far contract that will be more then cap friendly.
Also, after critiquing Trents defeciantcies why would we have to replace him with a different QB to fix them. Couldn't we just do it the DV way and keep identifying what needs to be improved upon and work to do so in the offseason. Or are you convinced tht Trent Green is as good as he's gonna get?

Iowanian
11-19-2002, 04:01 PM
I am glad to admit that I don't see Green making as many of the fundamental/mechanical flaws he made last year.....like throwing those ducks off his back foot falling away. I like seeing him throw the ball away instead of the INT's. The Repeated redzone INT's is what has specifically made me curse in Green's general Direction.

so yes...he still has room to eliminate fundamental flaws from his game....but I'm uncomfortable with a "30-something developing quarterback".....with a bad knee.

You don't think that Sanders/vermeil have some kind of reins on Green? I thought DV made it clear earlier in the season that they did....specifically to reduce INTs.....I could have been reading wrong when I was all high on that famous iowanian label crack.

I don't have a specific replacement in mind and haven't spent alot of time looking at available FAs. What I'd like to see is green resigned to a 3 year contract for a reasonable price and see the Chiefs take a shot on one of the plethora of QB's coming out this year....with the shear numbers, there will be some quality prospects in the middle rounds.

The Hawkeye in me would like to see Banks selected in round 4.(if he is available) but there are other prospects......and with the impending "franchise qb's" in this draft....there are bound to be a couple of veteran FA opportunities if Green isn't reasonable in his demand.

Again....I'm not calling for Green's head, i don't hate him and I won't be complaining Because/if he is resigned in KC...

phillfree
11-19-2002, 04:13 PM
That's reasonable:D

HeadArrow
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Iowonian-

That was me that asked for the list. Haven't had time to catch up on the responses until now.

What do you base your preference of QB on? Green has developed into the leader of this team, and is respected by his teamates.

Of the 12 you listed, I would only take Favre or Bledsoe in a trade without having to think.

Brady is a possibility, but he didn't win the SuperBowl on his arm. New England won with a strong defense and adequate offense.

Garcia is a possibility, but has comparable numbers. Why switch?

Gannon is having a better statistical year than any full time starter, but is too old and I don't see him passing downfield. He's great and the dink and dunk.

Brooks, McNabb, Warner, Brees, Vick, and Culpepper are having worse years statistically than Green.

We could argue the pros and cons of each one of these. But instead of everyone pointing out the small mistakes of one of our best playes, lets concentrate on our weekness (STILL OUR DEFENSE).

EVERY player on the Chiefs should be criticized every week if we go by most of what's been said here by the bashers. Priest Holmes fumble cost us the game in New England, but he certainly didn't get much criticism on this board. And I'm not going to do it because he creates much more positive than negative (same with Green).

Let's give "constructive criticism" about something that will actually help if we change (Linebacker play, cornerback play, lack of pass rush, poor play calling, etc..). Changing QB's next year would be a huge mistake, and YES I think Green deserves top 10 money.

RealSNR
05-12-2003, 09:54 PM
These keep f*cking doubting threads should resemble this one. Otherwise they aren't funny.

Taco John
05-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SNR
These keep f*cking doubting threads should resemble this one. Otherwise they aren't funny.

THANK YOU!

I hate it when people use the joke, but don't "use" the joke.

Boozer
05-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Taco John

THANK YOU!

I hate it when people use the joke, but don't "use" the joke.

How about this?

Keep f*cking doubting that I'm going to go to the bar at 9:00 AM tomorrow, after my last final of my undergrad years lets out.

Does that work? ;)

Taco John
05-12-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by AZFan

How about this?

Keep f*cking doubting that I'm going to go to the bar at 9:00 AM tomorrow, after my last final of my undergrad years lets out.

Does that work? ;)

So long as you follow it up in the thread with:

F*ck you doubters. I drink with heart, and I continue to get the job done. You people who bash my drinking habits, I don't even consider true friends. I drink my heart out every other night, and you continue to bash me...

Keep bashing me, I'll keep drinking.

Logical
05-12-2003, 10:26 PM

:thumb:

Taco John
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks Jim...

It's like a mad lib... It was such a joke the first time, and now we cen reuse it over and over and over until our sides split. The original post was so incredibly brainless that it's timeless...

Boozer
05-12-2003, 10:31 PM

Sorry...I guess I'm not quite ready for the big leagues yet. I'll keep working on it.

Taco John
05-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by AZFan

Sorry...I guess I'm not quite ready for the big leagues yet. I'll keep working on it.

I think I'm supposed to drink a 7up and throw a Jersey at you or something....

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Trent Green rules. Pure and simple.

|Zach|
05-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by BonoRules
Trent Green rules. Pure and simple.

Nice name....I will never forget that naked boot against the Cards. Watching him run was painful. Welcome to the board.

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey, thanks.

Bono is my all-time favorite Chief!

BTW, is there a way to change my title?

|Zach|
05-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Hey, thanks.

You mean from rookie? I think you have to have at least 50 or 100 posts something like that to change it. ;)

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by ZachKC

You mean from rookie? I think you have to have at least 50 or 100 posts something like that to change it. ;)

50! :cuss:

Phobia
05-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey, thanks.

Welcome aboard. If Bono is your alltime favorite, you must be fairly young cuz there are a lot of other choices. No offense....

Your title will change from Rookie to Starter at 30 posts. From Starter to Veteran at 1000 posts and from Veteran to MVP at 5000 posts. However, most people customize the title when the option appears in their profile at 100 posts.

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was the greatest player. I just liked him for some reason. It actually has a lot to do with the 76-yard TD jaunt. Kinda hard to explain.

|Zach|
05-13-2003, 01:19 AM

50! :cuss:

Yup, you have to start somewhere. I will be getting close to 500 posts soon but am pretty far down on the totem pole. It is a good place just kind of dive in. If you are interested in BB you will have a lot of posts in no time.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the info.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was the greatest player. I just liked him for some reason. It actually has a lot to do with the 76-yard TD jaunt. Kinda hard to explain.

Cool - no harm in liking a player for a particular play. There are tons of Dante Hall fans for the jockstraps he left on the field in the Denver loss.

How did you find us, BR?

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:26 AM
A fellow KC fan pointed me here. Some of you probably know him well, at least I think he used to post here.

|Zach|
05-13-2003, 01:30 AM
A fellow KC fan pointed me here. Some of you probably know him well, at least I think he used to post here.

You are already 5% there. ROFL

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Six now. :D

Phobia
05-13-2003, 01:44 AM

Ah - who? If I know him, maybe I'll hook you up with your title of choice.

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 01:46 AM
I don't know his Planet handle, sorry.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 03:44 AM

Would his name.... mmmmm..... happen to beeeeeeee.....

gocheeeeefs???

tk13
05-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Phobia

gocheeeeefs???

Hahahahaha.... busted!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rausch
05-13-2003, 03:48 AM

When you do find that friend again, have him bring over a 2x4 and smack you HARD all about the head and face with it for choosing that user name!:cuss:

Phobia
05-13-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by tk13
Hahahahaha.... busted!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

I mean, seriously.... How many damn fans does Bono have? I knew it had to be a relative or some other goofus. Check out the birthdays for Dec. 31st.

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 04:33 AM
Like I said I don't know his user name. He never said if he was gocheefs or whatever...you have my bday wrong BTW.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 04:52 AM
Like I said I don't know his user name. He never said if he was gocheefs or whatever...you have my bday wrong BTW.

You freaking MORON. I knew it was you by your second post. When you signed up, you filled out Dec. 31st, 1981 - same damn day as gochiefs, then you changed it to 1974 or something to hide it. I get an email when you sign up, dude. You choose Oh No Bono as your favorite player? But, your email address implys that Montana is your favorite. Same posting style as gochiefs. The answers to every question are all very curious. You have a new IP but same ISP. I'm not an idiot.

You can stay. I'll even change your name to something other than Bono. I told you that you'd have to get a new name and new IP to get back on. You've done that.

There are two conditions:
1. Two mundane (non-chiefs related) threads per day.
2. Complete respect shown at all times for our female posters. You seemed to have a little trouble with that the last time.

If you don't agree, leave now and save us the trouble.

Rausch
05-13-2003, 04:56 AM

You freaking MORON. I knew it was you by your second post. When you signed up, you filled out Dec. 31st, 1981 - same damn day as gochiefs, then you changed it to 1974 or something to hide it. I get an email when you sign up, dude. You choose Oh No Bono as your favorite player? But, your email address implys that Montana is your favorite. Same posting style as gochiefs. The answers to every question are all very curious. You have a new IP but same ISP. I'm not an idiot.

You can stay. I'll even change your name to something other than Bono. I told you that you'd have to get a new name and new IP to get back on. You've done that.

There are two conditions:
2. Complete respect shown at all times for our female posters. You seemed to have a little trouble with that the last time.

The irony of this all kills me....Of all threads to give a guy a second chance who ROYALY screwed up to the point he was nearly despised......ROFL

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 05:41 AM
I think you have me confused with someone else, Phobia. Is it possible he also signed up last night?

I am not this gocheefs person. Please don't confuse us.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 05:53 AM
I think you have me confused with someone else, Phobia. Is it possible he also signed up last night?

I am not this gocheefs person. Please don't confuse us.

LMAO - ok. It is not possible that I'm confused. I presume that you won't be exibiting any of the behavior that got gochiefs banned, then.

gh4chiefs
05-13-2003, 05:55 AM
I think he should be banned just on the basis of his screen name.

Bono? As in Steve Bono?

:shake:

gh4chiefs
05-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Oh never mind, I see Phil has been messing with him.

That's what I get for not reading before I post.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by gh4chiefs

Bono? As in Steve Bono?

:shake:

No doubt. Who does he think he's kidding?

Rausch
05-13-2003, 06:09 AM

No doubt. Who does he think he's kidding?

If he's not kidding he sould definitely be banned....%(/

RealSNR
05-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by gh4chiefs

Bono? As in Steve Bono?

:shake: I'm hoping he means Sonny Bono

Boozer
05-13-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by SNR
I'm hoping he means Sonny Bono

RIP

Anyone else driven on the "Sonny Bono Memorial Expressway" or whatever it's called? Stretch of I-10 in California. I know it's bad, but I almost drove off the road (into a tree, if you will) from laughing too hard when I saw the sign.

LVNHACK
05-13-2003, 07:35 AM

gocheeeeefs???

What a dumdass.............:shake:

NaptownChief
05-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Kinda fitting that we are having a changing identity discussion on Recker24 errr ChiefsPride errr R&GPride's thread. :D

Lzen
05-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Is it just me or does that avatar look like a #17 jersey? Bono was #13. This guy must be more of an idiot than originally thought.

LVNHACK
05-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Lzen
Is it just me or does that avatar look like a #17 jersey? Bono was #13. This guy must be more of an idiot than originally though.

Yeah it is #17........WTF is that ?????

JOhn
05-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Is it just me or does that avatar look like a #17 jersey? Bono was #13. This guy must be more of an idiot than originally though.

Yea GOfigure:rolleyes:

Lzen
05-13-2003, 10:02 AM
......There are two conditions:

I always wondered why everyone was always bagging on Gochiefs. I guess I must've missed all the fun. :eek:

LVNHACK
05-13-2003, 10:06 AM

I always wondered why everyone was always bagging on Gochiefs. I guess I must've missed all the fun. :eek:

Dude was/is a LOSER........Was fun to smack around, when you were bored.....

KCTitus
05-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by LVNHACK
Dude was/is a LOSER.......

I believe the proper ChiefsPlanet term is 'looser'...

Carry on.

Iowanian
05-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Let the guy play.

Otter
05-13-2003, 11:02 AM

You obviously haven't seen the picture of his bedroom he voluntarily posted. It's a creepy mix between serial killer and Dungeon & Dragon freak. Jeffery Dauhmer look out, here comes GoChief!

LVNHACK
05-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Otter

You obviously haven't seen the picture of his bedroom he voluntarily posted. It's a creepy mix between serial killer and Dungeon & Dragon freak. Jeffery Dauhmer look out, here comes GoChief!

ROFL

Lzen
05-13-2003, 11:14 AM

:eek: Freak, huh?

BTW, love the sig. :thumb:

BonoRules
05-13-2003, 04:31 PM
It's a 13, thanks.

http://www.birch.net/~redzone/photos/pics/kcbon3.jpg

His sleeve is kinda bent.

RealSNR
05-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I don't really care what's going on in this discussion right now. I'd just like to point out that Chiefspride was a much more fun person to make fun of than Goatcheese, according to me.

Bwana
05-13-2003, 06:29 PM

ROFL No shit.

Phobia
05-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by SNR
I don't really care what's going on in this discussion right now. I'd just like to point out that Chiefspride was a much more fun person to make fun of than Goatcheese, according to me.

Nah, bonorules at least has a decent sense of humor. The Prides were always too damn uptight.

Mr. Christopher
05-13-2003, 10:01 PM
I think Green plays more a part in the offense than some think. I know that he suffered greatly when Holmes was out, and I will grant that Holmes drives our offense...HOWEVER, I think that if Green had succumed to his injuries last year, we would not have developed the congruity on offense that we did in 2001 and 2002. Resigning Green, IMO, was one of the most important moves of the offseason, and I think that we will be glad that we did it before the season is out.

KcMizzou
05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Christopher
I think Green plays more a part in the offense than some think. I know that he suffered greatly when Holmes was out, and I will grant that Holmes drives our offense...HOWEVER, I think that if Green had succumed to his injuries last year, we would not have developed the congruity on offense that we did in 2001 and 2002. Resigning Green, IMO, was one of the most important moves of the offseason, and I think that we will be glad that we did it before the season is out. hey Chris... did you notice Okoye stopped by the Planet the other day?

JazzzLovr
05-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Christopher
I think Green plays more a part in the offense than some think. I know that he suffered greatly when Holmes was out, and I will grant that Holmes drives our offense...HOWEVER, I think that if Green had succumed to his injuries last year, we would not have developed the congruity on offense that we did in 2001 and 2002. Resigning Green, IMO, was one of the most important moves of the offseason, and I think that we will be glad that we did it before the season is out.

I'm sorry, but you're too late. This thread has been hijacked. Thank you for posting.

;)

JazzzLovr
05-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by KcMizzou
hey Chris... did you notice Okoye stopped by the Planet the other day?

Really??? That's so cool! I wonder if I can get his autograph! :D