PDA

View Full Version : New Starters

Dartgod
08-23-2000, 02:12 PM
Gun said today that Warfield and Browning will start the TB game. As many as three rookies could be regular season starters.
This could be fun

Capt'n Ron
Lurking in the Shadows

Woodrow
08-23-2000, 02:15 PM
If Warfield does win the starting CB spot, then I would expect to see Dishman on the cut list next Sunday.

B^2

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2000, 02:17 PM
Hot **** !!!

Gun said 3 rookies might start this year.

<a href="http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?storyID=1609&cat=1&showLatest=yes">article</a>

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2000, 02:19 PM
LOL!!!

I can't believe we blocked the word D-A-M-N. Is that really even a cuss word, come on guys there's no need for that to be in the filter

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 02:21 PM
Post is under the technical question thread. I'm sure Kyle would consider removing it depending on what everyone else thinks. It's probably one of those that is blocked by default.

One Arrowhead Dave
08-23-2000, 02:23 PM
The only problem with this article is you have to read between the lines. It did not say Gun is going to start these guys, to quote one area pertaining to Warfield

"Cunningham said his decision to start Warfield was predicated on a desire to "see if he has what it takes or if he is one of those guys who's going to play in nickel (coverage) and be satisfied."

Read between the lines, and you will see, Gun has no hope of really going with the younger team, just wants to see if they have what it takes.

sd4chiefs
08-23-2000, 02:23 PM
Who could be the 3 rookies? I think Morris is a safe bet. Who else do you think may start. Looks like Gun is looking to get younger, one of my prayers has been answered!

AZ

Dr. Red
08-23-2000, 02:24 PM
Bartee, Morris and Hall (ST's)???

Dartgod
08-23-2000, 02:26 PM
Gun says Greg Wesley. He's hoping he'll step up in the TB game.

sd4chiefs
08-23-2000, 02:27 PM
KC Jones, I think Gun says 3 rookies may start in this TB game not this year. I could be wrong. Chi...one starter is named in the article...Greg Wesley.

AZ

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2000, 02:27 PM
Wesley, Morris, and...

Moreau?,
White http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif,
would a ST count as a starter?

[This message has been edited by KC Jones (edited 08-23-2000).]

Dr. Red
08-23-2000, 02:28 PM
ST's returner should count as a starter.

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 08-23-2000).]

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2000, 02:29 PM
AZ Chief - you're right he is just talking about this game. I had to read it over to get that.<P>

sd4chiefs
08-23-2000, 02:29 PM
KC Jones, I don't think STs count. Moreau might be the third rookie starter...

Milissa
08-23-2000, 02:30 PM
does anyone know if hall is still on the injured list for the game friday? what about lockett? how's his condition?

Dr. Red
08-23-2000, 02:31 PM
Sorry AZ -

Didn't read the article. In that case Wesley, Morris and Hall. If ST's don't count, then I would say Bartee as well. 2 rookies in the dbackfield is scary but acceptable to me.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 02:33 PM

Lockett is day to day but he'll probably start. Hall wasn't mentioned in today's article. I would guess they want to see Dar Dar & Parker return prior to cuts. I think Hall may have already made it though....

Dartgod
08-23-2000, 02:34 PM
I think Gun's giving these guys the chance to show they can step it up. If they do, they'll continue to start. Time to earn those paychecks.

Milissa
08-23-2000, 02:39 PM
how many spots do you think he'll fill for returns? i think hall will make it, but i cant imagine he's going to let go dar dar or parker either. I think dar dar and parker should get returns, and use hall as a situational and third down back, maybe even a slot receiver??? I know they tested him at receiver in the titans game

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 02:43 PM
There will be only one roster spot available to returner. I personally think it will be Hall or Dar Dar with my nod going to the former. I think Dar Dar is cut yet again.... The other possible returners will have to fit primarily as a 4/5/6 WR or 3rd RB (which is unlikely).

Mike
08-23-2000, 03:02 PM
Whoa! this article caught me off guard. I LOVE the benching of Williams (even if it's only for one game). It seems he could be in Gun's doghouse (rightfully so) as Gun said Martin and Browing might start (with Glock a little banged up), and Ransom getting a good look. He spoke well of all three. Perhaps my "cut Williams" daydream might come true?

I also like Wesley (awesome STer), but I have no preference between him or Atkins.

It's put up or shut up time for Warfield, and I hope he does the former. Dishman's a hazard to our defense. If we're going to get burned anyway, I'd like to be able to pass it off as "maturation process" rather than "old man on last legs."

Who's the third rookie??? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

If Browning's moving to DT full time, will we keep 5DTs, 3DEs since Williams and Browning can also play DE? Or will we see a DT cut? And, if so, who fills our 4th DE spot? Parten? I'm not really high on any of the DE options past Clemons and Hicks (Word being the 3rd).

sd4chiefs
08-23-2000, 03:05 PM
My three "rookie starter" predictions: Morris, Wesley, and Moreau.

AZ

ddpatterson
08-23-2000, 06:00 PM
I think the one part of this article that has been overlooked by everyone but G_man, is the fact that Browning is starting in place of Williams. Gun says plainly that Browning has played better in the preseason. If Browning performs in the Tampa game, this just might be the one change that sticks in the regular season. Browning, IMO, is on a mission to prove himself. I just pray that he stays healthy, and gets the chance to play alongside of Glock. Hicks, Glock, Browning, Clemons, I like the potential.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

AustinChief
08-23-2000, 07:10 PM
I love that Dishman is benched. I hope that puts the fear of God in him and he decides to perform. If WR are going to blow away our corners, I would rather they were young corners who could learn than old ones who are milking a paycheck.

Mike
08-23-2000, 07:11 PM
Right on, Milkman. Browning was one of my "breakout players for '00." He gets a lot of sh#t for being injured, but if he can stay healthy he does have talent.

Mike
08-23-2000, 07:12 PM
My thoughts exactly, Wolfman (reply 21, paragraph 3). http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ddpatterson
08-23-2000, 08:55 PM
Russ,
I'm always milking a paycheck.

------------------

Red Eyes

ddpatterson
08-23-2000, 08:58 PM
G_Man,
I believe you could be right about Browning being a breakout player this season. He was just starting to blossom when the injury bug hit him.

------------------

Red Eyes

seclark
08-23-2000, 09:16 PM
Gun is sending a very loud message to his players this year. Rison was sent packing for a reason that's not being stated publicly, but I have to believe every player in the locker room knows exactly why.

The benching of Dishman and Williams speaks volumes about their lack of commitment.

I have a feeling that there may be some very surprised veterans come final cutdown day