PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see St. Louis go undefeated...

Luzap
10-20-2000, 01:05 PM
Even at the expense of my beloved, Chiefs? Yep. If Only to shut up those damn 72 Dolphins, but I believe it could have larger repercussions.

I believe that St. Louis has the talent and the Offense to do it.

Hell, this could be a real catalyst to change the way Football is played in the new millenium. I enjoy this new version of football and hope the St. Louis with an undefeated seasons moves the entire football mindset away from 'run it and play defense' style of football.

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 01:10 PM
That's It KCTitus,you're voted off the island! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Frazod
10-20-2000, 01:12 PM
Titus, I agree with you on one thing...
I LOVE this type of offense. I just hate that it's the Rams. A team that I have never given a second thought to in my life.

Plus, they're an NFC team.

Gaz
10-20-2000, 01:12 PM
Changes in the rules is the catalyst in changing the way the game is played. No doubt about it, the Rams have observed and acted on this.

I like Warner and I don't mind the Rams but I'm to jealous to let them go undefeated. I am hoping they lose at least one game and by coincidence, I hope it's this weekend.

JOhn
10-20-2000, 01:13 PM
This "new" breed of football isn't football at all. It's called Arena league. Tickets are $10 bucks. Check it out sometime.

Frazod
10-20-2000, 01:14 PM
Don't get me wrong ...
I like the fact that since Elway joined the NFL, the only AFC teams to win a SuperBowl were his last two teams.

I hate the NFC for dominating the NFL. I hate the Cowboys and the 49ers.

I love the AFC.

Luzap
10-20-2000, 01:15 PM
mlyons: I have to admit that thought has occurred to me as well. But Im willing to sacrifice a little for the 'greater good' in this scenario.

I want the dinosaurs in football to get over the '3 yards and a cloud of dust' theory of football. Stuff hasnt worked since the 60's.

I HATE defensive football games where there's no scoring. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate defense, but they shouldnt be THE winning force of a team. In a game where the object is to score the most points, I find it easier to do when one has the football.

Chiefaholic
10-20-2000, 01:19 PM
Question:

Isn't this a version of the old "Air Coryell" offense on speed?

Dan<BR>

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 01:24 PM
I'd like to see St. Louis crash and burn in a big way!!

ct
sunday bloody sunday

kcmax
10-20-2000, 01:26 PM
Titus,
"I HATE defensive football where there is no scoring."

Did you happen to watch last night's game? I LOVE defensive football with bone jarring hits.

ColoradoChief
10-20-2000, 01:29 PM
No, I don't want them to go unbeaten. It is bad enough hearing that the Chiefs are the second best team in MO. Plus as Kloster said, if you like this then you would love the Arena Leauge.

I still can't believe that this is week 8 and they are just now playing their first game on real grass. There seems to be something fundemenatlly wrong with that. I have respect for Seattle getting out of the dome and wish many more teams would do it as well.

I also believe that the Superbowl should be played on grass, none of this astroturf/indoor soccer league ball.

Morphius
Felt the urge to rant.

KCTitus
10-20-2000, 01:38 PM
As long as were wishing, I wish the Chiefs would go undefeated for the rest of the year and then some.

KCTitus
10-20-2000, 01:38 PM
As long as were wishing, I wish the Chiefs would go undefeated for the rest of the year and then some.

47mack
10-20-2000, 01:45 PM
I would actually like to see the Rams go undefeated, too. As long as it's some team from MO. The Chiefs don't have a realistic shot of going to the Super Bowl, so I don't feel so bad rooting for the other Missouri team. The only thing that resembles Arene league about the Rams is the way other teams defenses look trying to defend against it.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

AustinChief
10-20-2000, 01:54 PM
The only team I would like to see go undefeated is the Denver Broncos, Period! And I think they will, next year, after we beat the Rams in the SuperBowl this year.<P>

kcmax
10-20-2000, 01:57 PM
BroncoFan,
You been sniffing some of Mizzou's glue?

47mack
10-20-2000, 01:59 PM
My glue doesn't seem to be near as powerful as what Broncofan is sniffing. It must me some of that extra strengt rubber cement.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 02:05 PM
I think EVERYONE in here sayin they wish the Rams would go undefeated is sniffin glue.

Need I remind you, THEY PLAY THE KC CHIEFS IN TWO FRICKIN DAYS YOU NIMRODS!!!

The ****ing BB is really pissin me off today!!! What the **** is wrong with everyone today!!

ct
um, er, um, or perhaps it's just me

Chief Henry
10-20-2000, 02:22 PM
Not me! I hope that NO team ever goes undefeated! Leave that place reserved for the '72 Dolphins. They played a tough schedule, played OUTDOORS and went undefeated mostly with a back-up QB!! I'm NOT for the high-scoring "pansy- A$$ climate controlled - no defense football movement. I appreciate good defense and good offense, I hope that the Rams are an enigma rather than the future of the NFL. I also hope everyone will be able to STOP all the "undefeated talk" after this weekend.

cdcox
10-20-2000, 02:27 PM
I don't think KCTitus' point was that he wishes the Rams will go undefeated. His point is that MARTYBALL SUCKS!!!
I, for one, agree wholeheartedly. The way the Chiefs played for the last 10 years up to the 3rd game of this season DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE! When will people (specifically the Chiefs organization) realize that?

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 02:36 PM
F**K AN 'A' TEX!!

The StLouey wagon trial STOPS RIGHT HERE!!

Next stop, 1 Arrowhead Way!!

------------------
ct

[b]Get off you A$$ Chiefs Fans, or GET THE HELL OUT!!!</B>

cdcox
10-20-2000, 02:40 PM
Love the spirit coryt, but I think you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment.
That said, please copy this and feel free to make me eat crow if we do win this weekend.

Luzap
10-20-2000, 02:46 PM
I thought this might garner some good football conversation....

Yes, I did see last nights game and it was painful to watch. Yes, there was some good hitting but the offensive play was HORRIBLE.

There is a beauty like none other to a well choreographed/timed offensive display. A mix of run and pass that all the defense in the world cannot stop.

The days of 'defense wins championships' is over. One of the most exciting SB's was the one where Montana drove the 49ers to score in the waning minutes. One of the most famous series is known simply as 'The Drive'.

They were displays of offense. Beautiful masterpieces.

kcmax
10-20-2000, 02:50 PM
This is where you & I differ, Titus. I think there is nothing more beautiful than a defensive unit disrupts the timing & choreography of these offensive plays.

kcmax
10-20-2000, 02:51 PM
Plus, it's nice to think that Keyshawn might be sipping his meals today through a straw.

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 02:55 PM
Sorry KCTitus, call me a Gunther, but I'm OLD SCHOOL!! Beat the opposition to frickin bloody pulp, and they do the same to you. Last man with enough of blood left in his body to stand WINS!!!

This ain't arena football!! THIS IS THE N F L!

The absolute LAST thing I want to see is a 50-45 score in the Super Bowl! That's a Princeton basketball game for Christ's sake!!

------------------
ct

Luzap
10-20-2000, 02:57 PM
If both teams have impenatrable defenses, you still do not win the game at 0-0. It takes offense to win.

Luzap
10-20-2000, 03:05 PM
Ok, Gunther, we've seen that plan fail.

This is not the 1960's it's the 00's and it's time for a new era in football. Times change, the game has changed. It's not about defense, the rules favor offense--USE IT.

Bad Offense, Good Defense (aka Tampa Bay) has lost 4 straight. The 2 undefeated teams have Good Offense, Bad Defense.

Dont sit there and tell me the team on 4 loss streak is better than the undefeated.

Mi: dont get me wrong, I LOVED that hit.

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 03:09 PM
I'm not talkin Tampa vs. Baltimore, cause I sure as hell don't want to see a 6-3 super bowl either. But I'm a QBCRUSHIN homer all the way!!

Basically, the word 'choreography' or 'orchestra' should not be in the football vocabulary, or even the correctly spelled versions of aforementioned verbage.

That's my only point, and of course..
WE PLAY THE RAMS IN 2 DAYS!!! HELL NO I DON'T WANT THEM TO GO UNDEFEATED!!!

------------------
ct

Luzap
10-20-2000, 03:45 PM
The Chiefs really have no answer for their offense. We're not even sure which Chiefs team will show up.

I do know, however, what we will see in St. Louis. Balls flying high over the defense and WR's running like the wind through our Defense and into the endzone.

It will be fun to watch. Let's just hope that we dont go to a 'ball control' offense designed to do nothing but 'eat clock' which will have the opposite result of its desired effect.

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 03:55 PM
Man, Greg, it's precisely YOUR negative vibes PISSIN ME OFF today.

What's you problem? You WANT KC to get the A$$ kicked Sunday, just to prove a point?

I sure hate to sling a little mud your way, right before I leave for the day, but I had to ask! What gives? Or have you already given up?

------------------
ct

Get off you A$$ Chiefs Fans, or GET THE HELL OUT!!!

[This message has been edited by coryt (edited 10-20-2000).]

Luzap
10-20-2000, 03:59 PM
Cory: Please dont let me bring you down...stand firm, and you can sleep well knowing that come 12PM CST on Sunday I will be rooting along side you for the red and gold.

I will be sad if we lose but consoled by the fact that St. Louis could, if it maintains it's stellar offensive display, change football as we know it.

Besides, we needed a little football discussion and someone had to play the 'devils advocate' http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 10-20-2000).]

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 04:07 PM
Fine by me, KC, likewise somebody had to play the drunken adrenalin(sp?) junkie, also!

But I still have major issues with the StLouey WagonTrain, and all her passengers. I'm SURE you know what I mean. There is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH you'll find me consoled with the Rams SPANKIN my Chiefs in our yard!! NEVER HAPPEN!!

I got my checkbook ready in one hand, and my lawyer on the phone in the other(to initiate the bankruptcy proceedings, ya know) when The Bounty Hunter comes to town!!

Gotta go! For those heading to Arrowhead..

------------------
ct