PDA

View Full Version : 2 Rookies start Colts game!

AZChief
08-24-2000, 07:29 AM
CBSSports- Rookie Greg Wesley is the likely starter against Indianapolis in the regular-season opener. Only a sprained wrist is keeping him from replacing Larry Atkins this week. "I'd really like to see him in the starting lineup," said Cunningham. "But right
now we've got to protect that wrist." And while the decision hasn't been announced, No. 1 draft choice Sylvester Morris will likely be in the starting lineup at wide receiver, replacing Kevin Lockett, who just replaced the departed Andre Rison. If that happens, Morris will become the team's first No. 1 pick to start the opening game since LB Percy Snow in 1990. Add Warfield and you got a lot of youth happening. What do you think? Cat vs. the Colts! http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/football/nfl/insider/KAN.htm

Luzap
08-24-2000, 07:32 AM
Checkout Gun's comments at KC's website for more clarification. He says they may start for the last preseason game not the opener.

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!

AZChief
08-24-2000, 07:48 AM
Q: Are these temporary or permanent moves ?
CUNNINGHAM: "In all honesty, that's what we're going through. I haven't changed. We have a tremendous amount of evaluation.When you don't have (OC Tim Grunhard) Grunny, (OG Will)Shields, and (OG Dave) Szott in the offensive line and you're battling every day to improve. Then you have (WR) Sylvester Morris not being here and then he comes in. There's a constant change going on and that's why we're working so hard on the evaluation
process. HERE'S THE DEAL. IF MOON PERFORMS HE STAYS. IF CAT AND GREG WESLEY PERFORM THEY WILL START THE COLTS GAME. Gun is using this game as an audition.

Luzap
08-24-2000, 07:56 AM
dnvr,

Let's hope they step up to the plate!

If moon beats out collins do you think collins will become trade bait next year?

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!
still a stinking, bottom feeding lurker...

Snapper
08-24-2000, 08:26 AM
Wesley is the only one that I'm somewhat worried about. Slymo, Warfield, Atkins, Browning, Tait, Heck Let Stills start. I feel good about them.

Hoover

Joe Seahawk
08-24-2000, 08:36 AM
is atkins a starter? if not he needs to be. and what position does bracy walker play?

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Fat Homer
08-24-2000, 08:40 AM
Atkins is currently starting in place of Tongue (SS). Bracy Walker is a backup SS -- Wesley is a SS too... dang, how many strong safeties do we have anyway?!

------------------
[i]Insert witty commentary here</I>

Joe Seahawk
08-24-2000, 08:42 AM
well i sure hope we can keep all three of them. because they all have played well so far this year from what i remember, and they should all become stars in this league.

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~