PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will dominate Rams

Coogs
10-20-2000, 10:32 AM
The Rams are cruising into Arrowhead a cocky 6-0 and carrying the Lombardi with them. I don't think they're very worried about the 3-3 non-conference Chiefs knocking off that win streak. Truth is they should be. The Chiefs know the world will base their opinion on what happens in this game. They know if they consider themselves contenders, knocking off the Rams will make sure everyone else knows they are too. I'm sure nothing could get Cunningham more hyped for a game than beating up the champs. All the motivation is there for the Chiefs, none of it is for the Rams.

This team is built to take out the Rams, and it will. We can and will pressure with our front four. Did you see how long it took Gannon to find an open receiver? I don't think Warner can buy that much time, and nobody has yet to really pound on the guy like we will. Our LBs are good at coverage, and we can expect lots of change ups in the coverage to try and force them to audible in Arrowhead. They haven't faced anything like that since their LOSSES last year.

This game is going to look a lot like last year's Vikings game, only they won't have a late comeback because we've learned to never let up on the throttle. It's time for some trophy hunting, now let's go kick *** !

<font COLOR=RED>GO CHIEFS!!!</FONT>

PostalChief
10-20-2000, 10:45 AM
Hopefully you didn't bet your mortgage on it.

Duck Dog
10-20-2000, 10:51 AM
KC Jones,

I agree!

I think Gun has nothing to lose and now is the time for us to stop 'protecting' rookies and go for the throat for a full four quarters ~ no more prevent D and lots of QB pressure.

Luz
looking for decappitated WRs...

PostalChief
10-20-2000, 10:52 AM

PostalChief
10-20-2000, 10:52 AM

PostalChief
10-20-2000, 10:53 AM
Sorry, made the mistake of hitting the "back" button on my browser.

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 10:55 AM
KC Jones

I don't see a use dominating the Rams/however I do see a 34-31 win in order!

GO CHIEFS http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DoktorSmith
10-20-2000, 10:56 AM
OK. Just remember not to bet your mortgage on it. And yes, we stand en excellent chance of beating the Rams...

kcred
10-20-2000, 10:58 AM
As long as we DO NOT BLITZ, we'll be fine. However, I'm starting to think Gun's comments about 'opening up the D' equates to more blitzing. If you watch the Rams game tapes, you will see they eat the blitz up!! Our best chance to defeat them is to keep the receivers underneath, MAKE THE F***ING TACKLES, and pressure Warner with our front-four. We hold them out of the end zone on the first two drives, and they'll get impatient - and, hopefully, make a mistake.

Gaz
10-20-2000, 11:38 AM
Stay with, yes.
Beat, possible.
Dominate, get off the crack.

Cormac
10-20-2000, 11:44 AM
I think KC will give the Rams a game but the lack of a running game will kill you... Trying to out pass the Rams is a no win situation....

I'll watch just to see ole Chester heaving if the Rams open with 18 straight passes. heck he may lose 30 pounds this game.

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2000, 12:01 PM
Hboy:

Chester Mc Cancer looked a bit out of shape last game, didn't he? I noticed a few times where he fell down on the play and watched it on his butt rather than get up and back into the play.

Jones:

Tell your doctor to dial back your meds a bit...

G_Man
10-20-2000, 12:04 PM
"Built to beat the Rams"? That comes in real handy when KC plays them once every three years. Maybe Carl & Co. should try and build a team that can make the playoffs instead.

wutamess
10-20-2000, 12:33 PM
HardCore,

I agree that Gun's idea of opening up the defense sounds like more blitzing is in order. But probably more man-to-man coverage also which could be a good thing. We have to disrupt the timing of the passing game by using agressive bump-and-run coverage IMHO. Jam the WRs at the LOS. Take them out of their routes while the front 4 pushes their depleted O-line back at Warner. I'm sure some might disagree with this tactic, but St. Louis ate up Atlanta's zone last week. A good zone might slow them down but they'll still score against it. I'd like to see us leave it all on the field and see what happens. I hope Dan and Chet can play, because we do need a strong pass-rush from the front 4 to keep the LBs at home so they can limit Faulk's contribution.

jq,

The only thing we can do to bolster our run offense has been promised to us. IMO Kimble and TR give us the best chance of establishing a running game at this stage of the season. I'd like to see Moreau in there, but possibly Anders' experience will pay off.

LMAO @ Clint.

The-Man
10-20-2000, 12:38 PM
I don't think it means a damn thing if they beat the Rams. They'll still finish 8-8. They can't even beat the Raiders in their own house anymore.

Since the 13-3 97 season guess what the Chiefs record is...

A perfectly mediocre 19-19 and this year they are 3-3.

So even if they do beat the Rams, they still finish anywhere 7-9 to 10-6... whoopty fuggin do IMO.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 10-20-2000).]

Frazod
10-20-2000, 01:09 PM
Personally, I don't care who beats the Rams as long as they lose soon.

They have a tremendously superior offense, no question about it. I just hope there is a defense out there that can stop them long enough to get beat.

I think it would be great for the AFC WEST if their first loss was to our division. So what if it's the Chiefs! The Broncos ran with them toe to toe until the final minutes, I have nothing to be ashamed of there.

So, go out there and kick some Rams' *** on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention - I have Grbac and Gonzo in my fantasy leagues, so it would do me well if they had great days! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

cdcox
10-20-2000, 02:34 PM
"...we've learned to never let up on the throttle."

If the throttle was wide open during the second half of the Raiders game, we're definitly screwed!

Baby Lee
10-20-2000, 05:54 PM
Does this sound like a foolish bet? I bet my brother that Faulk would not get 200 yards in total offense. I also got the 7 1/2 points.

What do you guys think?

ps He is the black sheep of the family he is a Raider fan.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
bk

WarPaint
10-20-2000, 06:46 PM
I love the enthusiam and the fierce loyalty and pride all of you take in the Chiefs, but I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening this Sunday. I hope I'm wrong and I'll glady come back Sunday night and take my licks if I am, but I just don't see us winning this game unless there is something major that would change the game such as a injury to Warner or Faulk early in the game.

Elvis has had some good games, but I just don't possibly see how we can outshoot them. Ok, let's say it rains Sunday and it slows down their passing game. In case you haven't noticed, WE HAVE NO RUNNING GAME and the passing is all we have, and they still have Marshal Faulk.

And frankly our team is really not playing all that well even in our wins. We rarely play 4 quarters of football, even in the whupping we gave SD, we took the 1st quarter off. We can't afford to do that Sunday or this will quickly become a rout.

As someone said, "on any given Sunday" and that's "why they play the games" so who knows? Anything can happen. But barring something unforseem bizarre incident, I don't think we should have any unrealistic expectations.

I'll be there Sunday, hoping, yelling, screaming with 80,000 other fans, and I'll be as happy as hell to be proven wrong.

(But I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it)

------------------
Gary

WarPaint
10-20-2000, 07:32 PM
Hmm,

Maybe here are some things that give us a little help. Of particular interest in the comment about Faulk having a "chronic sore knee."
http://www.newsday.com/ap/sports/football/ap10.htm

------------------
Gary

Coogs
10-22-2000, 02:42 PM
Well un-believers...

You should be ashamed of yourselves for doubting your team. Oh yeah, and you can kiss my big hairy *** !

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by KC Jones (edited 10-22-2000).]

Coogs
10-23-2000, 09:06 AM
Feel free to eat your crow here disbelievers. Shame on you http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Clint -> I meant our team was well built for the type of team it would take to beat the Rams. Of course this team wasn't specifically built to beat a non-conference team.

Duck Dog
10-23-2000, 09:32 AM
KC Jones,

I'm glad I was on the same page as you for this one.

More importantly than this game, I think our team has emerged as a Team To Be Reckoned With. This could be the beginning of something beautiful.

Luz
no mercy to our opponents...

One Arrowhead Dave
10-23-2000, 05:00 PM
All hail KC Jones! There is nothing like calling your shot and being 100% right.

Good job, Dude.

xoxo~
gaz
did not have the guts to call for dominance by the Chiefs.

ROBHONDA
10-23-2000, 05:09 PM
Nice going KC Jones, Do you have any stock tips????

Gaz, your bone crushing def. line looked good vs the RAMS. But loosing Hicks is going to hurt our chances because
Dan Williams is such a "wonder boy".

------------------
Chiefs Rock

kcneo
10-23-2000, 06:00 PM
Had to put this one back on top.

"Drivin' that train, high on (*)"...

*insert preferred item here

GO CHIEFS!! MO STATE CHAMPS!!!<P>