PDA

View Full Version : How long 'til we hit bottom?

Raiderhater
11-26-2000, 07:27 PM
I feel like I'm about to be sick on one of those crappy carnival rides!

Buzzbait
11-26-2000, 07:29 PM
Ahhh, I think it happened about 15 minutes ago when we lost to the "undefeated" Bolts. We are pathetic.

AZ

Mosbonian
11-26-2000, 07:30 PM
AD: We lost to SD today........I think we are there. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Raiderhater
11-26-2000, 07:32 PM
I Hope you guys are right

Big Daddy
11-26-2000, 07:34 PM
It hasn't even begun yet. If this team can lose to San Diego, it can lose to anyone. I see 5-11 on the horizon.

dtforever
11-26-2000, 07:37 PM
Some of you guys go from on extreme to another. A few weeks ago, many were talking about the Chiefs "running the table", now, some of you are saying that they wont win another game. Clearly, the Chiefs arent that good, but they will win a few more games. I still think 8-8 or 9-7. The schedule the rest of the way is favorable. And they will try to finish above .500 because that will keep the season ticket holders coming back for mediocrity and thats the bottom line in the front office.<BR>

Big Daddy
11-26-2000, 07:42 PM
Packfan-- I, too, was a guy saying that the Chiefs could run the table with a favorable schedule. But they already lost the two easiest games on that remaining schedule (SF and SD)!!!

I believe KC has some talent on the team, some really good talent. They did blast a fully loaded Rams team by 20 points to shock the nation. Where did that team go? I've been working out playoff scenarios for them for three weeks now, but even I, an ardent Chiefs supporter and as Homer as they come, cannot deny that they are playing the worst, uninspired, ill-coached football in the league.

I honestly don't see another win until perhaps Atlanta.

Luzap
11-26-2000, 07:52 PM
they will try to finish above .500 because that will keep the season ticket holders coming back for mediocrity

Spoken by a said Season Ticket holder who apparently keeps coming back for mediocrity.

dtforever
11-26-2000, 07:54 PM
Donkhater,

Its clear that teams have figured out the Rams. The Chiefs were the first ones to do it. I dont think the Chiefs are that good, talent wise. Their coaching is pitiful. I have said that all along from day one. When you hire a guy that nobody else wants and pay him bottom dollar, you get what you pay for.

Gunter wont be around next year. This loss sealed the deal for him.

Luzap
11-26-2000, 07:56 PM
Explain this to me. If KC's talent is so bad and the coaching staff is so pathetic, how did KC 'figure out' how to beat St. Louis first? Surely some of these other better coached teams could have done it first, right?

This is what I dont understand about these coaches or this team.

dtforever
11-26-2000, 07:56 PM
Titus,

A friend of mine has season tickets. I buy a few games every now and then. He shares the Carl Peterson propoganda with me. I am waiting for one of those 4-12 years when the season ticket base evaporates. Then king carl will get fired and I will be able to sit up close and patiently watch the team be built the correct way: Through the draft.

redshirt32
11-26-2000, 07:57 PM
PackFan

Teams haven't 'figured out' the Rams, they lost Warner and Faulk.

[This message has been edited by chiefsfan58 (edited 11-26-2000).]

autoxwes
11-26-2000, 07:59 PM
For once - I have to agree with ButtPack. Ken, you are correct about Gun not being here next year - he will quit for real this time.

------------------
Wade

Luzap
11-26-2000, 07:59 PM
You buy tickets? YOU spend money on the team that you decry as nothing more than interested in profits and putting 'butts in seats'?

A double standard, of course.

KC may not be far from a 4-12 year this, year. Will Carl be fired, more than likely not.

I think we'll have to wait until Lamar hands over the team to another owner before any REAL change is going to occur.

dtforever
11-26-2000, 08:00 PM
Titus,

The Chiefs arent that good. The Rams had a bad day and the Chiefs played over their heads. The coaching staff had them ready for that game. Under Gunter Cunningham, the Chiefs have always played to the level of their opponent. Thats bad coaching. Overall, this team does NOT have playoff caliber players at key positions: Running Back, Kicker, Corner Back, and Defensive End. I might even throw Elvis in there because he lacks mobility and its clear that the more mobile you are, the more dangerous you are.

Derrick Thomas meant more to this team than I thought. At least he was a threat on defense. They dont have any threats anymore.

autoxwes
11-26-2000, 08:02 PM
Carl will not be fired - the only reason he will not be here is by his own doing. Why would Lamar fire him? This is an anamoly in Lamar's eyes.

Luzap
11-26-2000, 08:06 PM
Packfan: I didnt follow your last post, you seemed to teeter/tooter between bad talent and bad coaching.

If it's both, there's no way KC beats St. Louis.

Raiderhater
11-26-2000, 08:10 PM
Carl won't be "fired",his contract is up at the end of the season.Lamar will probably re-sign him,unless Carl "decides" to seek employment elsewhere.

dtforever
11-26-2000, 08:14 PM
Titus,

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. Thats why they play 16 games. Sometimes, bad teams with bad coaching beat good teams with good coaching. It happens. Over the course of the season, teams that have good players and good coaching will be in the playoffs, the rest wont be. I personally think that the Chiefs have better players and slightly better coaching (thats not saying much considering its Reilly) than the Chargers but they lost.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2000, 08:16 PM
i think you are full of sh!t packfan
the chiefs beat the rams because they have the talent to win, but they have piss poor coaches. that win was not a fluke. by the way where are you when the chiefs win?

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

Luzap
11-26-2000, 08:17 PM
Well, I think KC has worse coaching but better talent.

Explain why you would run Donnell Bennett on the 5 yard line up the middle with 4 minutes to play when Richardson AND Anders had success running the FB.

It makes no sense. It's a mentality with this team that does not play to win. It's a mentality that comes from the coaching staff.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2000, 08:21 PM
it makes no sense why bennett was even in the game. what is he averaging this year per run? one yard??????? or less?

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~