PDA

View Full Version : Dee Brown

tk13
03-21-2003, 03:04 AM
I'm extremely happy to see him tearing it up in spring ball. He had another 3 RBI's yesterday, and is currently hitting .366 with 5 HR and 15 RBI for the spring. I know he's struggled in his previous stints with the big club, but he's one guy I've always hoped would come around and be a big bat. Does anyone think he can finally be the answer in right field?

shakesthecat
03-21-2003, 08:24 AM
He's out of options, so it's now or never for him.

It would be nice seeing a Royal #1 draft pick actually pan out for a change.

keg in kc
03-21-2003, 09:24 PM
He'll start the season in right field, assuming Beltran goes on the DL like he's expected to. I think they'll have a hard time keeping him out off the field after Beltran gets healthy unless they plan to platoon he and Harvey at the DH. I don't think they'll do that though; I think they want Harvey playing everyday, as well.

I'm stunned at how well the team is doing in Spring Training. Can't get too excited, of course, not really meaningful games, but a .320 team batting average and 14 wins already? They're scoring a ton of runs, too.

I hope they can find a way to carry some momentum into the first month. A good first month of the season could go a long way towards turning this team around over the course of the next couple of years.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I want to see if he is the next "bonds". I would like him to atleast get a full season under his belt, not too hard on this royals team, you'd think?

PHOG
03-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Sure-Oz
I want to see if he is the next "bonds". I would like him to atleast get a full season under his belt, not too hard on this royals team, you'd think? The next Sweeney would be alright with me. But if he is, he won't be a Royal very long.:huh: