PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of "To Ban or not to Ban...."

Fat Elvis
03-24-2003, 12:44 AM
I think this certainly qualifies as a bannable offense:

From The Prez....Don't won't worry about it Frank, I just got his full NAME!!! I don't care what anyone thinks Frank, he and his family are in a whole lot of trouble if and when I find out where I can reach them.
Kyle was nice enough 2 remove what they said about my wife earlier. I'll send it 2 you, buddy.

Until then, let him dance. This is the reason people had the little problems they had at their homes and work places, Frank.

Now maybe you can understand it.

Thanks, man.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?threadid=55444

We have banned folks in the past with a vote, lets give it another try.

(FWIW, I didn't call his wife anything (someone else did), but I did call him a FAG)

Rausch
03-24-2003, 12:50 AM
:rolleyes:

go bo
03-24-2003, 01:58 AM
he and his family are in trouble?
Don't won't worry about it Frank, I just got his full NAME!!! I don't care what anyone thinks Frank, he and his family are in a whole lot of trouble if and when I find out where I can reach them.man, if that's not bannable, what is?

now the psycho wants to hurt the dude's whole family over some cyber space slight? that's way, way over the line!

gettin' close to saddam insane levels now...

The Prez
03-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by go bo
he and his family are in trouble?
man, if that's not bannable, what is?

now the psycho wants to hurt the dude's whole family over some cyber space slight? that's way, way over the line!

gettin' close to saddam insane levels now...

:hump:

Rausch
03-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by The Prez

:hump:

:spock:

htismaqe
03-24-2003, 06:53 AM
OK, first I asked, now I'm gonna tell.

Take this shit outside.

If I see much more of this, I'll ban BOTH OF YOU.

Understood?

go bo
03-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by htismaqe
OK, first I asked, now I'm gonna tell.

Take this shit outside.

If I see much more of this, I'll ban BOTH OF YOU.

Understood? of course i will respect your wishes, since you are a moderator, but may i inquire as to where you "first" asked?

i have read this and other threads, but apparently have missed your post where you addressed me or indicated anything about banning me.

i just now read another thread from you on the main board which appears to be a warning regarding bitching, arguing and such and which also seems to indicate that the main thrust was people who had a problem with a moderator, which doesn't aply in my case to the best of my knowledge, and/or people who continue to carry on with their crap on the main board rather than taking to the pbd forum, which also doesn't seem to apply to me, since this thread has always been on the pbd forum.

please understand, i am not attempting to defy your authority, i am in fact ceasing and desisting with regard to further comments directed at the other poster on this thread, but i am trying to clarify something that i find troubling. it is my understanding that a member is to be given a warning first, and you indicate that you asked "first", as if i continued to post in defiance of your request, yet i am not aware of any request, or statement of any kind on your part at the time that i made my last post.

had i seen any such warning or request by you or any moderator or administrator, i would not have continued to post on this thread or any other thread with respect to this general subject, out of respect for the expressed wishes of any of the individuals who donates so much of their time and energy to making the planet such a great place for so many of us to get together and enjoy each others' company...

to the contrary, i say posts by phobia indicating that within very broad limits, it was permissible to say "asnything" you wanted on the pbd board, just so long as it didn't bleed onto the main board, and i scrupously avoided that, with the exception of voting in the poll to ban the person in question, and i made no objectionable statements in that post, to my knowledge...

so, my question is, could you direct me to the thread/post that you made where you first asked before this one, where you are telling, so that i can better identify any future warnings?

it just seems to me that i have seen so many instances where people have gotten warning after warning, chance after chance, and still not gotten banned, yet in this instance i have not seen any mention whatsoever of being banned until i signed on this morning and now suddenly i find that i've already been "...asked", even though i've never seen it and can't find where i was asked before my last post, and now i'm being "'told" that i'm gonna be banned...

is there a previous post which was posted before my last post, which i can't seem to find, which asks that posts like my last post not be made? or have i just gotten caught up in the jd thing here, or is there some other reason i got accelerated through and past the "asked" stage straight to the "telling" stage?

at any rate, i will of course comply with your request, but you sure aren't phobia, are you?

p.s. btw, are you suggesting that jd can get ME banned by continuing to post such nonsense, even if i don't post any more at all on the pbd and never mention him again and/or even if i never ever again engage in any more arguments, disputes, or bitching on the main board????

htismaqe
03-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Bo, it wasn't directed at you at all. I didn't even know you were involved in this until now.

The warning was issued to 2 participants a few days ago.

And I think you took this all wrong...

htismaqe
03-24-2003, 11:54 AM
BTW, this thread was on the main forum and was moved to the PBD board...it's now back on the main forum so that this issue can be taken care of once and for all.

Ebolapox
03-24-2003, 12:02 PM
notch another yes...

(it won't let me vote... DISCRIMINATION!!!)

no comment other than that

-EBOLA-

RNR
03-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Is this the same guy that was stocking people? I wondered about that when I read some of his posts. For the record his threads I have read of late are football related or triva type, and not of the flame type. I replied to a couple and the guy seemed ok to me.

Phobia
03-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by RedNeckRaider
Is this the same guy that was stocking people? I wondered about that when I read some of his posts. For the record his threads I have read of late are football related or triva type, and not of the flame type. I replied to a couple and the guy seemed ok to me.

Then vote "no".

RNR
03-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by pHoBiA

Then vote "no". You did not answer my question, however it is cool I will take a pass on the poll, It does not matter to me one way or another, just wondering if he was that wacko guy from a rival board. FWIW if it is the same guy I would think it would be a no brainer.

suds79
03-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Ban or not, both of you (or just 1 will do the trick) put eachother on your iggy list.

Problem solved.

LVNHACK
03-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I oughta keep my friggin arse out of this......... But IMO since JD showed up I haven't seen him do anything out of line. Thos eof you who have had past problems with the guy put him on iggie. FE I totally understand what your point of view is, But we're all big people and should be able to handle it......... I think the MODS and Kyle can handle this........ JMO...........

Ebolapox
03-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RedNeckRaider
You did not answer my question, however it is cool I will take a pass on the poll, It does not matter to me one way or another, just wondering if he was that wacko guy from a rival board. FWIW if it is the same guy I would think it would be a no brainer.

yeah, the same guy.... 'the prez'='jd prez'='john thisturdinmyhand'=most vile disgusting piece of maggot turd on 'the planet'

-EBOLA-

VonneMarie
03-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by suds79
Ban or not, both of you (or just 1 will do the trick) put eachother on your iggy list.

Problem solved.
It's just that simple.

Ebolapox
03-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LVNHACK
I oughta keep my friggin arse out of this......... But IMO since JD showed up I haven't seen him do anything out of line. Thos eof you who have had past problems with the guy put him on iggie. FE I totally understand what your point of view is, But we're all big people and should be able to handle it......... I think the MODS and Kyle can handle this........ JMO...........

I'll put MY point of view out there so you can see the POV from a guy jd has harrassed in the past...

I had to change my name to avoid him in the past... at one point, jd was buddy buddy with me... I have not engaged him once on this board, except to respond to him if he brings me up... fortunately, he doesn't have the ammo to come back at me, except little potshots that mean jack shit (see petty display forum: number to KU thread... I'm the 'doug' he refers to)

you see, I've dealt with john in the past... repeatedly... he's an ok guy if you aren't in his targets for his 'vast arsenal, my friend' of weapons... harmless, mostly... but this guy makes gochiefs seem like a harmless rat... do a search on his posts in this board... both as 'the prez' and 'jd prez'... also, search 'first_lady'.... by and large, they've been a HUGE disruption, are not above material that would get ANYONE banned on any other forum, and for the sake of us who have to answer the phone in the middle of the night, PLEASE ban him

thank you for your time

-EBOLA-

Brock
03-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Elvis kept antagonizing the a-hole nonstop. However, that shouldn't excuse the threats.

Fat Elvis
03-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Brock Landers
Elvis kept antagonizing the a-hole nonstop. However, that shouldn't excuse the threats.

I freely admit to antagonizing him nonstop. The whole point of it was to expose JD as a fraud. JD is pathological, and I mean that literally, and not figuratively. Pathological behavior is defined as behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive. JD has a modus operandi that he cannot deviate from for any extended period of time because he is truly pathological. My sole purpose in the antagonism was to expose him. I made that perfectly clear to him; I was upfront about it with him and I never hid that fact--and yet he still couldn't refrain from engaging in his pathological behavior. I even told him that he couldn't stop; I told him that it was a compulsion for him--you just can't get any more black and white than that--and yet he still couldn't stop.

This isn't about petty disputes. This isn't about personal differences. This is about John having, and I'm completely serious about this so I don't want it to be trivialized, some serious mental problems. I think it is important that people truly understand what type of person they are dealing with when they cozy up to JD.

If I stepped on other people's toes, I'm sorry that was never my intent. I will not, however, apologize for doing what I said I would do in the beginning, which is expose JD. I may not have employed the most tactful tactics, but I truly feel it was for the greater good.

I knew he would do what he did.

I told him he would do what he did.

And he still couldn't stop.

Phobia
03-24-2003, 04:16 PM
I've obeyed your wishes, ChiefsPlanet. I was wrong.

We gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Movin on.....

Never Ever Ever Again
03-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Fat Elvis

I freely admit to antagonizing him nonstop. The whole point of it was to expose JD as a fraud. JD is pathological, and I mean that literally, and not figuratively. Pathological behavior is defined as behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive. JD has a modus operandi that he cannot deviate from for any extended period of time because he is truly pathological. My sole purpose in the antagonism was to expose him. I made that perfectly clear to him; I was upfront about it with him and I never hid that fact--and yet he still couldn't refrain from engaging in his pathological behavior. I even told him that he couldn't stop; I told him that it was a compulsion for him--you just can't get any more black and white than that--and yet he still couldn't stop.

This isn't about petty disputes. This isn't about personal differences. This is about John having, and I'm completely serious about this so I don't want it to be trivialized, some serious mental problems. I think it is important that people truly understand what type of person they are dealing with when they cozy up to JD.

If I stepped on other people's toes, I'm sorry that was never my intent. I will not, however, apologize for doing what I said I would do in the beginning, which is expose JD. I may not have employed the most tactful tactics, but I truly feel it was for the greater good.

I knew he would do what he did.

I told him he would do what he did.

And he still couldn't stop.

Yes, but it did no good, FE.

I think it's quite humerous that you feel the need to act like you're some kind of shrink. I did say that I knew how you felt, and that I understood that you didn't go for the way I handled myself in the past. But the mods leaving this post up as far as {{I'm concerned}} is a bit disrespectful. I just wanted to point out to you that the fact you thought you were going to do something about me was, and (still is quite humerous).
I have a picture of me from around the holiday season that you would find most interesting, FE. In the pictue I'm {{smiling}} away. I would like you 2 point out in that picture my dental discoloration that use for an insult so frequently.
Yes, hopefully we are moving on FE, but I hope you don't think I'm going to forget your disrespect. Be thankful for Phobia, FE.

Take care.