PDA

View Full Version : Royals Fans: Time To Fill Up The K

AJKCFAN
04-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Royals fans, in Kansas City and all throughout the Midwest, it's time to start saving up the funds and plan on making trips out to the K.

Time to come home to the family with Royals tickets in hand and not fear to be ridiculed by your loved ones and expect hugs and high-fives.

A baseball-loving city in the Midwest is about to be "liberated" and Kansas City might have its best sports year in 2003. KU in the National Championship game, the Chiefs banking on their return to the playoffs, and the Royals playing Games #163, #164, and #165 in October at least.

Next to being champions, there may not be a greater feeling as a sports fan than to see your team escape years of helplessness and become winners. Chiefs fans can remember 1986 and winning that game on the last day of the regular season in Pittsburgh to make the playoffs for the 1st time in 15 miserable years and the feeling was such incredible joy. After the Chiefs went in the tank again, how great was it in 1990 when the DT-DeBerg-Okoye & Word led Chiefs went back into the playoffs; this time on a regular basis. Sure, expectations rose from there and playoff appearances became the norm. But you don't forget all the crap you as a fan and your team went through to become winners and you never forget that feeling of joy when your team arrives as winners.

The Royals were many people's "first love". Now it's the Chiefs which command our focus, but all one needs to do is hop off Exit 9 on I-70 and realize if Harry S. Truman Complex can hold two teams in two stadiums inside, then Kansas City itself can become both a Royals town and a Chiefs town. Perhaps that were so in the early 90's when some guy named Brett or some hometown hero named Cone still got Royals fans out to the K, while Montana, Allen, DT, and Neil Smith did their thing in KC.

Still, Kansas City, you have the baseball story of the year in your backyard, in a stadium that at 30 years old is still as breathtaking as any in the sport. Sure, school still is occuring to prevent the K from getting sell-outs on a daily basis, but when the Royals return from this road trip to host Minnesota for 3 games, there should be no excuse. To sell out all 3 games would mean 122,000 fans. That won't happen, but why not 100,000? That's over 33,000 at the K.

How much would that mean to the Royals players? To Kansas City? Kansas City showed how passionate they were a couple of years ago in "Share The Wealth Night", but now, filling up the K and giving the Royals a real home field advantage with Chiefs style loudness with Sweeney up, 3 balls on a Royal hitter, 2 strikes on an opponent's hitter, MacDougal closing things out.....

It will all make you feel awesome being there live for the rebirth of the Royals as a baseball winner

chiefshead33
04-11-2003, 08:13 PM
That was great man. I definitley plan on coming to a ton of games this year.

grandllama
04-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Somebody needs to contact the media and the other Royals bbs (i only know of the kcroyals.com & kc star ones) and make something happen next Friday when the boys get home from this road trip....

How hard should it be to fill a stadium on a nice spring night???

These kids deserve it... no more, no less, than the fans of KC deserve a winning baseball team.

fan support causes pumped players which causes winning teams which causes fan support...

tk13
04-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Agreed. I've seen and heard numerous people say, "If they want to draw fans, they need to put a winning team on the field." So far, they've done that...now it's time for the fans to pony up and go out to the K....

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2003, 08:54 PM
I'll make my second trip to the K this season on Friday!!!

fbal4lif32
04-13-2003, 08:21 AM
I've already bought my 2 tickets