PDA

View Full Version : Best Young Player On Royals

AJKCFAN
06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
To qualify for this discussion, the Royal needs to have debuted as a Royal last year or this year. Not next year and not before 2002.

There are some good options and a heckuva debate to decide who is the bets young player the Royals have.

Who is yours?

heapshake
06-22-2003, 02:21 AM
I hate to nit pick, but Angel and Ken both debuted in 2001. Harvey played in 4 games and Berroa in 15. I voted for Affeldt since Angel didn't qualify.

If David DeJesus debuts this year he might be one of the better ones as long as he can stay healthy. Or Alejandro Mechando possibly.

For me, for pitchers its between Hernandez and Affeldt.

For non-pitchers, I guess it would be between Guiel and who - maybe Gomez? Guiel is 30 and while he's playing ok, he's not a younger player.

tk13
06-27-2003, 02:21 AM
You know, I've never voted in this poll. I really don't know who to pick. I think that's a good thing, it's great to have so many candidates. Putting the "debut" thing aside, Angel's really pushing for my vote, if his defense continues to be solid with his hitting, we've got ourselves on heck a prospect. Then again, Ken Harvey can hit the daylights out of the ball, I even heard Steve Stone on WGN talking about how good of a hitter he was the other day during a Cubs game. Then you have guys like Affeldt and MacDougal.... this is tough. I'm going to vote for MacDougal. Even though he's not always had the best control, all of these youngsters have their ups and downs and MacDougal just has the ability to make your head spin better with his skills more so than the others, so he's the best... for now. :D