PDA

View Full Version : I said it right when Vermeil became our Head Coach.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 09:41 AM
"This guy is going to turn this franchise around!" In 2 short seasons he has done exactly that.

It has been so fun lately following the Chiefs. I haven't felt this good since when I was 6 years old, 1969. What a year that was.

I hope Vermeil decides to stay one more season.

I know Chiefs are moving up when I see more and more non-Kansas Citians wearing Chiefs jersies.

:toast:

Kylo Ren
07-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Year 1 - trim the fat, cut down the salary cap, dump underproductive players, create a winning atmosphere, assemble a coaching staff -- done

Year 2 - develop the offense -- done

Year 3 - develop the defense -- ??

Year 3 - Super Bowl -- ??

KingPriest2
07-18-2003, 09:48 AM
The verdict is still out. We have to see what happens this season. Gunther still has a better record then Vermil. YEah our team is better but lets see what happens first. I do believe we will make the playoffs and hopefully to the big game but we just can't say that yet about Vermil. He still needs to get us to the playoffs first.

Mark M
07-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Congrats ... ?

MM
~~:)

CosmicPal
07-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by chiefsfan1963

I know Chiefs are moving up when I see more and more non-Kansas Citians wearing Chiefs jersies.

I'm a non-KCitian and I'm wearing Chief red and gold

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 10:25 AM
"This guy is going to turn this franchise around!" In 2 short seasons he has done exactly that. CF - I want to believe, but his overall W/L record at KC doesn't say much.

I will give the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.

Bwana
07-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by KCWolfman
CF - I want to believe, but his overall W/L record at KC doesn't say much.

I will give the benefit of the doubt until the end of the season.

Exactly..:toast:

ck_IN
07-18-2003, 10:51 AM
So far we've finished 3rd in a four team division twice and by all rights should've been 7-9 last year meaning no winning records for his tenure.

This year is DV's end game. If he doesn't get us deep in the playoffs this year he has no excuse and should leave quickly, hopefully taking CP and Green with him.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Wolf and KingPriest:

You guys know you're kidding yourselves don't you?

-King, the verdict has been in for a long time! Where have you've been dude?

-Wolf, if you are going to hang on to the W/L record the last 2 seasons as the only indicator of how well we've progressed, you are truly seeing the glass half-empty bud.

Overall I'm amazed how you guys aren't giving loads of credit to what Vermeil has done for this franchise.

-It is truly exciting to watch this team play.

-It has been truly amazing to watch how Vermeil has changed the mental attitude of this team the past 2 seasons. How he has stuck to his guns despite all the critics and naysayers. He did it in Philly. He did it in St. Louis. He is now doing it in KC.

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Wolf, if you are going to hang on to the W/L record the last 2 seasons as the only indicator of how well we've progressed, you are truly seeing the glass half-empty bud. W and L are all that matters.

If DV turns it around and had a winning season and the playoffs, then he deserves credit for cleaning up this team. If not, then he should go ahead and retire.

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 11:29 AM
W and L are all that matters.

I used to think this, then 1995 happened, and only after being struck by that lightning and getting over the shock, 1997 happened.

Now, W/L's arent the only thing.

Bootlegged
07-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Isn't this one of Tomcash's alter ego's?

IIRC, this guy was bad mouthing a lot of people after a game for not being "real chiefs fans".

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Let me rephrase - W and L are all that matter in the regular season.

KingPriest2
07-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Wolf and KingPriest:

-Wolf, if you are going to hang on to the W/L record the last 2 seasons as the only indicator of how well we've progressed, you are truly seeing the glass half-empty bud.

Overall I'm amazed how you guys aren't giving loads of credit to what Vermeil has done for this franchise.

-It has been truly amazing to watch how Vermeil has changed the mental attitude of this team the past 2 seasons. How he has stuck to his guns despite all the critics and naysayers. He did it in Philly. He did it in St. Louis. He is now doing it in KC.

Yes he is a good coach but answer me this has he led us to the playoffs yet? Isn't that what a coach is suppose to do? Look at these other teams theu can make it to the playoffs with a first or second year coach. If he does not make the playoffs then what is the use of our great offense nothing it led us nowhere. He allowed Robinson to stay. That was a mistake. SO the verdic tis still out.

Also the city has lost interest in the last couple of years. Was it like that in the 90s?

I believe will make the playoffs but if we don't then why was Vermil here?

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 11:46 AM
The debate is ever escalating...

It starts with just make the playoffs, if that happens, the critc will say, he didnt get to the SB.

Next goest to making the bowl, but not winning it the critic will say.

It never ends...the goal for KC and DV is to win the SB. I reject out of hand any suggestion that the team and staff is not working toward this goal. Whether or not it happens depends upon many factors that all must come together including a little luck. I for one hope it happens, rather than have 'bragging' rights over the next offseason about my doom and gloom predictions--that's too easy.

KingPriest2
07-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by KCTitus

It starts with just make the playoffs, if that happens, the critc will say, he didnt get to the SB.

It never ends...the goal for KC and DV is to win the SB. I reject out of hand any suggestion that the team and staff is not working toward this goal. Whether or not it happens depends upon many factors that all must come together including a little luck. I for one hope it happens, rather than have 'bragging' rights over the next offseason about my doom and gloom predictions--that's too easy.

His goal is to win the big game but he has yet to make the playoffs. If he makes the playoffs and to the AFC title game I will be happy as long as they win the big game next year.

stevieray
07-18-2003, 11:54 AM
. I reject out of hand any suggestion that the team and staff is not working toward this goal. Whether or not it happens depends upon many factors that all must come together including a little luck. I for one hope it happens, rather than have 'bragging' rights over the next offseason about my doom and gloom predictions--that's too easy.

This is exactly how I feel.

Chief Faithful
07-18-2003, 12:00 PM

Entertainment value is what matters. I love watching a good game no matter who wins. They can be 13-3, but if they give up on the field in their 3 losses I will dislike the team.

This is no give up in DV's team. DV has done a great job of transforming the team to a team that is fun to watch.

philfree
07-18-2003, 12:05 PM
I wasn't looking for DV to be the coach but after it went down and I started reading his philosophies and his interviews I was sold. This seasons success will mean alot to the DV ERA but as of right now I haven't been this excited about the Chiefs at the start of training camp since 1998. Hope it turns out different then that. Looking at what DV has done with our O I think it's amazing. If he can do the same for the D:eek: that will be doubly amazing. I think he can. He's focused on it. IMO he has put us in a position to make a run at a Championship. Let the games begin!

PhilFree:arrow:

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:23 PM
You guys don't know how good you have it!

I don't know how HC's do it with so many ungrateful fans.

What Vermeil has done for this franchise is nothing short of miraculous. Vermeil is a winner in my book. Like I have said before, it's been 35 years since this fan has been so excited and proud about his team.:toast:

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 12:25 PM
What Vermeil has done for this franchise is nothing short of miraculous. Now you are stretching it quite thinly. Explain what is "miraculous" about what Vermeil has done. Be specific, and please make it tangible. None of this "the team chemistry is great" stuff.

htismaqe
07-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Chief Faithful

Entertainment value is what matters. I love watching a good game no matter who wins. They can be 13-3, but if they give up on the field in their 3 losses I will dislike the team.

This is no give up in DV's team. DV has done a great job of transforming the team to a team that is fun to watch.

GREAT answer...

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:26 PM

If DV turns it around and had a winning season and the playoffs, then he deserves credit for cleaning up this team. If not, then he should go ahead and retire.

wolf:

all I can say is one word. "Smug". :shake:

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by KingPriest2

Yes he is a good coach but answer me this has he led us to the playoffs yet? Isn't that what a coach is suppose to do? Look at these other teams theu can make it to the playoffs with a first or second year coach. If he does not make the playoffs then what is the use of our great offense nothing it led us nowhere. He allowed Robinson to stay. That was a mistake. SO the verdic tis still out.

Also the city has lost interest in the last couple of years. Was it like that in the 90s?

I believe will make the playoffs but if we don't then why was Vermil here?

Who are all these coaches are you talking about?

2bikemike
07-18-2003, 12:32 PM
DV has done a good job to date getting this team ready. He has cleaned up the roster. He has gotten the Offense turning heads. He has attempted to shape up the D. Whether he has or not we won't know for a couple more months.

I too am excieted about this year and think DV has made most of the right moves. Can't say all the right moves ala Robinson and a few other D moves that I disagreed with.

I think one of the biggest challenges this year will be to keep the key players healthy. I do not get the warm fuzzy feeling with our backups.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Chief Faithful

nice post Faithful! i'm glad a few people share my point. :toast:

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by philfree
IMO he has put us in a position to make a run at a Championship. Let the games begin!

PhilFree:arrow: [/B]

That's the difference in a nutshell. I firmly believe unlike Martyball, Vermeil's team will be playing to win during the playoffs. That's what I'm most excited about. :toast:

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Now you are stretching it quite thinly. Explain what is "miraculous" about what Vermeil has done. Be specific, and please make it tangible. None of this "the team chemistry is great" stuff.

Wolf:

If you can't see it and feel it, there's nothing I can say that will cure you of your disease.

;)

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by KingPriest2
His goal is to win the big game but he has yet to make the playoffs. If he makes the playoffs and to the AFC title game I will be happy as long as they win the big game next year.

I agree, he's yet to take the team to the playoffs, but the team has dramatically improved from the state it was in coming off the 2000 season. A team that for all intents and purposes had given up and mailed it in. Witness the final game of that season as KC was pounded by a 3-13 Falcons team. And, to top it off the salary cap problem going into the offseason.

Now, the debate is whether or not it's realistic to expect DV to take a team in such disarray immediately, in 2001, to the playoffs. I dont think it would be intellecually honest and it was evident on both sides of the ball that year. To bring a team back from the depths of 2000 is going to take some time. In fact, KC had been on the decline since 1997 and had reached bottom in 2000.

All that said, your second sentence proves my point...you start out with playoffs, and then add the AFC title game and the winning the SB the following year. That's quite a laundry list of expectations to be fulfilled to meet with your approval. What if KC makes the playoffs this year but loses its first game and then wins the SB the following year, since it didnt meet your original criteria, there's room for you to critique it--and that includes a SB win.

At this point, I'll be happy with a playoff appearance and win -- something that hasnt happened in a decade. For all of the teams popularity in the 90's KC managed only 2 playoff wins, both occurred in the same year and it's no coincidence that it happened with an offensive superstar, albeit in the twighlight of his career.

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Now you are stretching it quite thinly. Explain what is "miraculous" about what Vermeil has done. Be specific, and please make it tangible. None of this "the team chemistry is great" stuff.

Brought in Holmes and got rid of RBBC -- that pure and simply is the biggest most miraculous thing I thought I would never see. KC went over 10 years w/o a 1000 yard rusher back in the great wonderful 90's and it was the, at the time, the longest drought in the NFL.

whoman69
07-18-2003, 12:48 PM

Every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. Even Dick LeBeau was working towards that goal in Cincy. I don't think that its fair to expect a SB victory this year, but it certainly isn't unrealistic to expect this team to be in the playoffs. If that does not happen then the onus will be on DV because it will be because of the D and he stuck with his guy there despite having run the worst D in the league. In that case I would expect DV to resign. Despite all the excitement brought about with the offense, if the defense is still bad, its DVs fault. The upgrade in personnel is there, now it falls on the coaches.

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Titus - Good point, and a tangible.

Compare to Marty bringing in the best defensive unit to ever play in KC.

Still Marty had the post season and Dick doesn't (yet).

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by whoman69
...but it certainly isn't unrealistic to expect this team to be in the playoffs.

No, it certainly is not.

htismaqe
07-18-2003, 12:53 PM

Brought in Holmes and got rid of RBBC -- that pure and simply is the biggest most miraculous thing I thought I would never see. KC went over 10 years w/o a 1000 yard rusher back in the great wonderful 90's and it was the, at the time, the longest drought in the NFL.

AMEN!

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by whoman69

Every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. Even Dick LeBeau was working towards that goal in Cincy. I don't think that its fair to expect a SB victory this year, but it certainly isn't unrealistic to expect this team to be in the playoffs. If that does not happen then the onus will be on DV because it will be because of the D and he stuck with his guy there despite having run the worst D in the league. In that case I would expect DV to resign. Despite all the excitement brought about with the offense, if the defense is still bad, its DVs fault. The upgrade in personnel is there, now it falls on the coaches.

it's posts like this one that just pisses me off! "Oh the onus is on Vermeil" crap is just that, CRAP!! It's people like this that remind me of what's going on in the american media right now--- "Hum it's Monday morning is there anything negative we can say about President Bush today?"

Ungrateful Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 12:57 PM

Actually, that would be more like contrast...two diametrically differing philosophies on how to build a team. Oddly, Marty's playoff wins can only be attributed to Montana and not the great defensive unit (Read: Thomas and Smith).

When I think back on it, it's most frustrating because of the fact that KC kept getting in the playoffs but never learned from their mistakes and after 93 looked like a bunch of keystone kops on the field giving away the games. I'd rather not made the playoffs than have #1 seed, homfield, and then lose it to a #6 and #4 seed respectively. Truly embarrassing.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 12:58 PM

Wolf:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but NO MARTY DID NOT HAVE THE FREAKIN POST SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Ungrateful Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, we should be greatful for a 16 - 18 record. :rolleyes:

C'mon, get real. If Vermeil does well this year and puts us with a single win in the playoffs, I will be estatic. But congratulating him now is like patting Herbert Hoover on the back for a nice dam while watching the economy go to hell in the 1930s.

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but NO MARTY DID NOT HAVE THE FREAKIN POST SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not disappointed at all. Marty made the post season with the Chiefs, Dick did not (yet).

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Record aside...Im grateful for the offense. I know the defense sucked last year, but it was such a breath of fresh air to see offense and scoring rather than .9ypc Donnell Bennett trotting in to stop drives on a regular basis.

ck_IN
07-18-2003, 01:03 PM
<i> Every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. Even Dick LeBeau was working towards that goal in Cincy. I don't think that its fair to expect a SB victory this year, but it certainly isn't unrealistic to expect this team to be in the playoffs. If that does not happen then the onus will be on DV because it will be because of the D and he stuck with his guy there despite having run the worst D in the league. In that case I would expect DV to resign. Despite all the excitement brought about with the offense, if the defense is still bad, its DVs fault. The upgrade in personnel is there, now it falls on the coaches. </i>

My sentiments exactly ( Chiefsfan1963 aside). DV's had three years now to assemble his team, implement his 'System', and establish his and his coaches' ideas. Outside of a raft of injuries, DV has no excuses for a deep playoff run.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:14 PM
I am not disappointed at all. Marty made the post season with the Chiefs, Dick did not (yet).

Wolf:

If you call that HAVING THE POST SEASON, then do us a favor and please keep it and take it to San Diego. We don't want it ! :D

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 01:16 PM
If you call that HAVING THE POST SEASON, then do us a favor and please keep it and take it to San Diego. We don't want it !

No, but thanks. I will stay a Chiefs fan and watch the games here. However, I will still be a human being and not an automaton with an etched smiley face acting like everything is okay and grand when I haven't even seen a post season game in 5 years.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ck_IN
<i> Every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. Even Dick LeBeau was working towards that goal in Cincy. I don't think that its fair to expect a SB victory this year, but it certainly isn't unrealistic to expect this team to be in the playoffs. If that does not happen then the onus will be on DV because it will be because of the D and he stuck with his guy there despite having run the worst D in the league. In that case I would expect DV to resign. Despite all the excitement brought about with the offense, if the defense is still bad, its DVs fault. The upgrade in personnel is there, now it falls on the coaches. </i>

My sentiments exactly ( Chiefsfan1963 aside). DV's had three years now to assemble his team, implement his 'System', and establish his and his coaches' ideas. Outside of a raft of injuries, DV has no excuses for a deep playoff run.

Yeah great CK_IN!! Give Marty 10 seasons to make it to the big game, and give Vermeil 3. Yeah that sounds really fair!

KCWolfman
07-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Yeah great CK_IN!! Give Marty 10 seasons to make it to the big game, and give Vermeil 3. Yeah that sounds really fair! Marty made the post season within three years.

I know I forgot to add the "sorry to disappoint you" stuff, but I am not very good at that kind of thing.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:31 PM

No, but thanks. I will stay a Chiefs fan and watch the games here. However, I will still be a human being and not an automaton with an etched smiley face acting like everything is okay and grand when I haven't even seen a post season game in 5 years.

Wolf:

Everything is okay. It's a lot more than okay. I'm just amazed when you and your bandwagon don't realize it. But that's my problem not yours. I've got to deal with it better than I do.

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Marty made the post season within three years.

I know I forgot to add the "sorry to disappoint you" stuff, but I am not very good at that kind of thing.

No Ck_in, I'm not talking about the making the playoffs I'm talking getting to the SB. I know all about Marty and making the playoffs. Yeah Marty did great making the playoffs making the playoffs, year after year, yeah if you want those years back you can have them. I'm quite happy and feel quite lucky with what we've got with Vermeil. The 10 seasons with Marty was such a frustrating decade. It was like a long prison term. No thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Taco John
07-18-2003, 01:38 PM
I love these naked homer kinds of threads. It's good to have naked homers running around for everybody to laugh at...

philfree
07-18-2003, 01:38 PM
So now this has turned into a DV vs Marty thread.:spank:

Marty was/is a good coach. DV is a good coach. They are however different and there programs seem to run on a different schedule. I expect to make the playoffs this year with or without Holmes. However knowing DVs track record if things don't go as expected I would hate to see him leave after this year. If we don't make it this year with DV then we will next year. I like the palyers his brought in and I'd like for that to continue. Another year of adding players who meet his profile won't hurt my feelings one bit. And besides it's a little silly to really think that DV will actually repeat his 3rd year magic he had in St Louis. He does have some magic though. Or something.........

~thinks a championship is a possibilty this year~

Dave Lane
07-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Wolf and KingPriest:

Like duh! Who cares what the W/L record is with what he was given for a team. I had never seen such a collection of misfits, no talent bums, coaching morons and very slow players in my life.

Thanks god they are almost all gone.

Dave

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Taco John
I love these naked homer kinds of threads. It's good to have naked homers running around for everybody to laugh at...

Taco:

I might be naked, but I'll have the last laugh. ;)

Taco John
07-18-2003, 01:47 PM

Taco:

I might be naked, but I'll have the last laugh. ;)

Whatever you say... I hear this schpiel every year from Chiefs fan. You guys have been talking about this perpetual upswing since the days of Goonthar.

As far as what Vermiel has done for your franchise, I laugh at it like you're making a joke. He might have turned "kumbaya" into your teams favorite locker room song, but it hasn't done you any favors in the win/loss column...

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:48 PM
So now this has turned into a DV vs Marty thread.:spank:

Marty was/is a good coach. DV is a good coach. They are however different and there programs seem to run on a different schedule. I expect to make the playoffs this year with or without Holmes. However knowing DVs track record if things don't go as expected I would hate to see him leave after this year. If we don't make it this year with DV then we will next year. I like the palyers his brought in and I'd like for that to continue. Another year of adding players who meet his profile won't hurt my feelings one bit. And besides it's a little silly to really think that DV will actually repeat his 3rd year magic he had in St Louis. He does have some magic though. Or something.........

~thinks a championship is a possibilty this year~

Totally agree! Marty is a good coach, I'm just happy we've got Vermeil. Hopefully for at least one more season. :toast:

KCTitus
07-18-2003, 01:49 PM
How dare anyone post a Chiefs homer topic on a Chiefs BB...I mean really!

chiefsfan1963
07-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Taco John

Whatever you say... I hear this schpiel every year from Chiefs fan. You guys have been talking about this perpetual upswing since the days of Goonthar.

As far as what Vermiel has done for your franchise, I laugh at it like you're making a joke. He might have turned "kumbaya" into your teams favorite locker room song, but it hasn't doine you any favors in the win/loss column...

Taco:

I'm sure a lot of the fans in Philly and St Louis were saying just that right before his teams made the playoffs and went to the SB.

Taco John
07-18-2003, 01:52 PM
How dare anyone post a Chiefs homer topic on a Chiefs BB...I mean really!

What do you mean, "how dare?"

I'm all for it. I'm here for the comedy.

philfree
07-18-2003, 01:54 PM
You guys have been talking about this perpetual upswing since the days of Goonthar.

All those decades:rolleyes:

Taco you guys are gonna get your collectives azzes handed to you this year by the whole AFCW. If I were you I'd be looking for a safe place to hide. Jake Plummer........:LOL:

Now go away you freakin Beaner!:D

~me 1963 are linked by the cosmos~

Taco John
07-18-2003, 01:58 PM

All those decades:rolleyes:

Taco you guys are gonna get your collectives azzes handed to you this year by the whole AFCW. If I were you I'd be looking for a safe place to hide. Jake Plummer........:LOL:

Now go away you freakin Beaner!:D

~me 1963 are linked by the cosmos~

Your racial baiting aside (you've got all the grace and class of TomCash)... You guys have had their asses handed to them for how many years running? You are definitely an authority on the subject, aren't you?

Mr. Christopher
07-18-2003, 02:03 PM

:toast:

I've noticed a few sweatshirts, hats, and jackets here in Indiana. I really feel good about this season. We may or may not make it to the Super Bowl, but I have a feeling this is going to be a very memorable year.

philfree
07-18-2003, 02:33 PM
You are definitely an authority on the subject, aren't you?

Yes...........And what I said wasn't racial it's just pretty much about you.:p :LOL: :D :spank:

Have sense of humor Taco

Jake Plummer:LOL:

Chris Meck
08-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards. Vermeil said as much more than once.

Gone are the dead-weight underachievers like Dan Williams, Chester McGlockton, and Derrick Alexander.

Gone is the salary cap overage.

Gone are the 'toxins'.

The offense is top notch, by anyone's standards.

The defense will field five new starters from last year's early season crew, and they are younger, faster, and much more talented players than what they replace.

Why not be optimistic?

Chris

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Congrats ... ?

MM
~~:)Stop that! You might make someone cry!

I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!

whoman69
08-02-2003, 01:45 PM
it's posts like this one that just pisses me off! "Oh the onus is on Vermeil" crap is just that, CRAP!! It's people like this that remind me of what's going on in the american media right now--- "Hum it's Monday morning is there anything negative we can say about President Bush today?"

Ungrateful Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:
You're talking to the wrong guy. I look at the morning news and say "When is Bush going to get a clue?"
WTF am I ungrateful for?

whoman69
08-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Then start another homer thread about why we should believe that Plummer wont throw 20 INTs this season.
Its sort of like self-mutilation.

farmerchief
08-02-2003, 01:56 PM
I "love" naked homers,,,as long as they are "female",,(LOL)
farmerchief

chiefsfan1963
11-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Read em and weep! :thumb:

KingPriest2
12-02-2004, 01:51 PM
hmmm

ck_IN
12-02-2004, 02:23 PM
I was ridiculed for my comments about the DV trainwreck when he was hired. In the words of Toby Keith 'How do you like me now?'

Dv's taken this franchise from a very respectable year in year out powerhouse that had fell into a rough patch and transformed it into a laughingstock. Our drafts are funnier then some of the talk show comics.

Brock
12-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah, and Trent Green sucks too. :rolleyes:

shakesthecat
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
This meeting of the Royal Order of See I Told You's, is now in session.

jAZ
12-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I want to take this opportunity to THANK Dick Vermeil for turning this franchise around. We are a much more credible group of players. Guys who compete, and succeed (on offense at least).

We've got a HOF caliber RB to cheer for every week. We've got a hell of a tough QB who's actually a good guy. We've got an aging but all-pro offensive line. We've got a HOF TE. We've got a class FB.

While he and/or Carl have neglected (or failed) to acquire or develop sufficient talent on Defense, overall I am genuinely satisfied with Dick's time in KC.

He's left this franchise in a better state than it was before he arrived. He's added his touch of class and a 13-3 season to our history.

He tore the team apart after his arrival and rebuilt it in his own image. A very high caliber image it is.

I'm more proud to be a Chiefs fan today than I was 3, 4 or more years ago.

Everyone who disagrees with me can go KCJohnny themselves.

KCTitus
12-02-2004, 03:00 PM
This meeting of the Royal Order of See I Told You's, is now in session.

From the "I lost my keyboard last year" chapter, too.

ck_IN
12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
A 13-3 record and another playoff flop the minute we play a team who can actually fight back. I'm all atingle.

As for his image we now have a team that whines everytime they don't get every call. Watching Green complain about lack of PI on Gonzo when there was little if any PI to complain about was sickening.

If its a legit beef then fine, but this team whines more than an 8yr old at Christmas. And yes they're exactly in the image of their coach.

Taco John
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Even I wouldn't be a dick enough to raise this thread from the abyss...

Aw hell, who am I kidding...

Brock
12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Didn't you also say Butch Davis should have been hired? chuck?

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:38 PM
And yes they're exactly in the image of their coach.

It fits right in with some of their fans...

BigChiefFan
12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Even I wouldn't be a dick enough to raise this thread from the abyss...

Aw hell, who am I kidding...
A little honesty from Taco. Bravo. :clap: