PDA

View Full Version : Berroa's year

spe725
07-24-2003, 08:12 AM
I didn't see this discussed anywhere, but I was at the game last Thursday night when Berroa hit his 10th homerun of the season. They flashed something on the jumbotron that said he became the 16th SS in major league history to hit at least 10 home runs in his rookie season. I haven't seen any articles about it, but that's a big deal to me. He has been able to achieve something not many shortstops have, and he's still going. Plus, he's somewhere around 30 games without an error and hitting .280. This guy is something special and not getting talked about much. At the beginning of the year I would have been happy with .250 and 5 HR, so this is great IMO.

When was the last time we had a SS that could hit 5+ HRs in a season? Greg Gagne? IMO, Berroa is spoiling us and most of us don't even realize it. Here's to a great finish to the season for Berroa and the Royals. :toast: :Royals:

bkkcoh
07-24-2003, 08:31 AM
....This guy is something special and not getting talked about much. At the beginning of the year I would have been happy with .250 and 5 HR, so this is great IMO.

When was the last time we had a SS that could hit 5+ HRs in a season? Greg Gagne? IMO, Berroa is spoiling us and most of us don't even realize it. Here's to a great finish to the season for Berroa and the Royals. :toast: :Royals:There was an article stating that he should be considered as a ROY candidate. He is putting up better number that Matsui [sp] from the Yankmees and he is doing it on a team that isn't nearly as strong. :doh:

I would agree, he needs to be talked about in those terms.

His defense has been real stable the last couple of months and he has great range....

:toast: to Baird on this deal.......